Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

On 5/27/2022 at 5:59 AM, neona2 said:

Joe & Mika were in studio in nyc yesterday, but awol today - this is all very mysterious

Any chance they went to St. Tropez for Ari Emanuel's wedding? I read here that he was their agent...they sure owe him...at least a blender or nice vase...for that whopping contract which includes the extra hour and zero duty to actually appear. Maybe re-living their own engagement memories?

• Useful 3

Plumbago, you're right!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10866385/Celebrities-flock-Saint-Tropez-wedding-year-Ari-Emanuel-says-do.html

joe & mika never seem to go to any parties or have any fun ever, so I am actually impressed by this. Good for them. i hope we do actually get some fun stories from this. maybe they had a showdown with Elon Musk, heh.

Hilariously, the Daily Mail put Joe on a list of "A-list celebrities who attended". yeah, no. that's....no. I'm laughing so hard 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

update!

I missed a couple of days but i think Joe is now broadcasting live from teh actual South of France. So this show, in a greater spiritual sense, has now come full circle, from parody to self-parody? Or something like that, man oh man 😂

still, IMO, everybody deserves a vacation.

I just hope Joe's wearing pants. Please, Joe, wear pants. 🥴

Mika is awol ---> hopefully she ditched him to go see the Joie de Vivre at the Picasso Museum and will come back sufficiently invigorated w being-alive-vibes to kick Joe's ass on a more frequent  basis. There are seven Picasso museums in the world, buuuut the Antibes one is the absolute best, it's kinda small but it is also it is the most gorgeously located and beautifully curated and unlike the others will overall leave you feeling better about humanity. 

I'm gonna say something nice ---> I love how welcoming to Elise Jordan and Mara Gay etc recently the "old boys" have been. For me it was always kinda weird that the "core family" , post-Kasie, was Mika...and then Joe, Willie, Lemire, Barnicle, literally 1 woman to 4 men. 🥴So including more of Elise and more of Mara (and of course Katty!) is so needed and the holding-down-teh-fort boyz of Willie, Lemire and Barnicle these past few weeks have been really sorta beautifully warm and inclusive to them, which I think is very much to all of their credit.

I loved this Paola Ramos special - it's always amazing when a reporter comes on and literally tells the panel something they didn't already know. It's like this instant shit that sparks an instant conversation rather than predictable blah. 

also Linette Lopez and her Silicon! Shade! muwahahaha! so glad to see her back because I remember so strongly her last segment when they were discussing Elon Musk and she looked straight into the camera and said "*I'M* not going to *MARS*" which, inexplicably, needed to be said, on behalf of all normal humans. Actual queen

• Love 2

Mika's been MOA since last Friday and nobody even mentions it.  This morning, Joe looked like he was broadcasting from a hotel room at the beach.  She may be on vacation, but if Joe is on TV, he's not, yet he's not in the bunker or in NY or Washington.  What gives with these two?  I will say, things run much smoother when Willie is reading the teleprompter.

• Love 7

Man, Katty Kay was really catty this morning when she was covering the Queen's Jubilee festivities.  First, when the troops were marching, she said something about them being better at it than U.S. troops.  Then, she suggested that Willie (?) or whoever it was didn't know what bunting was.   The people at the table laughed and snarked back at her.  

I thought she was unnecessarily bitchy.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

In the minority, but I will take Katty K’s snark and bitchiness over Elise Jordan any day. 
Since it is summer, I suppose either Twin or both of them will be off and on. I actually grudgingly admire Joe’s ability to just “drop in” to his own show; and Mika’s privilege of not being present and no one remarking on it. No wonder they love Ari E.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

and they all seem to basically mean the same thing?

all I want is an emoji for, "I strongly disagree but thankyou for not being boring and saying something interesting", which I feel all about a lot of posts, but this sadly does not exist. At least they haven't added to all of your confusion by including eggplants and peaches, bc man oh man 🥴

I think that probably when Katty was talking about troops being better at something she was talking about them being better at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trooping_the_Colour

which is strictly ceremonial pageantry.

Which they *are* better at bc they've had a couple of extra centuries of training. Pretty sure she was not comparing an $800 billion military with a $40 billion military. 

21 hours ago, Linda956 said:

Mika's been MOA since last Friday and nobody even mentions it.  This morning, Joe looked like he was broadcasting from a hotel room at the beach.  She may be on vacation, but if Joe is on TV, he's not, yet he's not in the bunker or in NY or Washington.  What gives with these two?  I will say, things run much smoother when Willie is reading the teleprompter.

well I think as we were saying above, they are both in the South of France! for once, literally

they previously used the "south of France" as a euphemism for literally anywhere else, but now they actually *are* in the South of France, and it is deeply weird, but also very meta and, very, very funny.

it doesn't really matter, but the one thing that is kinda missing is that they used to not take themselves so seriously and would be a little tongue-in-cheek about something like this. There would be jokes about the awful floral curtains. An acknowledgment that hosts aren't there and that viewers have actual eyes lmao, not all the pompous! mystery! pretense! A good rule of thumb i think is, to take the *news* seriously, but not oneself, ymmv

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Did Joe or Mika go to London for the Jubilee? That would have been a perfect location for them to broadcast from, with Katty to add color/background, of course, seeing that they were in the south of France for the wedding festivities. Weird that they were so close yet didn't (that I've heard) take advantage of the situation. Instead you got Joe in a hotel room. I imagine they'll stop in FL for awhile and then head to Maine. What a life!

Agree that these emoji's are somewhat difficult to navigate...but I finally found the actual "like" one, which I must have overlooked at first. Almost too much trouble to have to sort through them all, frankly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Weird that they were so close yet didn't (that I've heard) take advantage of the situation. Instead you got Joe in a hotel room. I imagine they'll stop in FL for awhile and then head to Maine. What a life!

I understand Joe & Mika have money and hobnob with other rich folk, but I thought it was a bad look this week to have a few Special Guest Star spots on your own show from a flouncy French hotel room. Because your millionaire agent who helped make you a millionaire had a destination wedding. Shades of Cuomo suffering from covid in his  finished Hamptons basement. And poor Lemire is stuck reading Joe's tweets after anchoring 5 hours straight.

• Love 7

Lemire should get an award for hosting not only his show but then going over to host Morning Joe for 4 hours.  That's 5 hours!  Does this guy ever sleep?  I guess we'll be getting a lot of this during the summer months.  Even Willie only worked 3 days this week - he was off Monday and Friday.  What are they going to do if Lemire takes vacation?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Mika is objectively poor at her job, but I have to imagine she's an amazing vacationer.  I'd like to go on vacation with her.
I'm picturing servants and steamer trunks.  Toasting martinis honoring the brave Ukrainians.  $3,300 sunglasses.  Preppy Nantucket-y gear by day, seriously slinky at night.  Super long cigarette holder.  First class train berths.
I'm in for all of that.
However I'd prefer to avoid the inevitably unbuttoned, chest-baring linen shirt on Scarborough.  Tight red pants, $10,000 Italian slippers.  Louche tuxedo at dinner every night.  Feet up, cigar, snifter of something, "Have I ever told you about the time I..."  Yuck.

Edited by Lowcountry snark
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

However I'd prefer to avoid the inevitably unbuttoned, chest-baring linen shirt on Scarborough.  Tight red pants, $10,000 Italian slippers.  Louche tuxedo at dinner every night.  Feet up, cigar, snifter of something, "Have I ever told you about the time I..."  Yuck.

Before I stop myself from descending any further into Mika/Joe European wedding guest- fanfic I will say I imagined Joe getting into a why-I-oughta non-dustup with Marky Mark (in this case I would actually be rooting for Joe).

I could totally see Mika swanning through the lobbies with dark sunglasses and a jaunty scarf. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't watch this show much anymore (I just read the snark here) but I tuned in this morning and heard Mika refer to "17 babies and two teachers" murdered in Uvalde.   Now I know people make mistakes, but she didn't even immediately correct herself.   I changed the channel so I don't know if she corrected herself later on in the show.

Good God.  What an ignorant, clueless, entitled KYV twit.  

Rant over.  Off to go shopping.

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
On 6/3/2022 at 4:07 PM, Linda956 said:

Lemire should get an award for hosting not only his show but then going over to host Morning Joe for 4 hours.  That's 5 hours!  Does this guy ever sleep?  I guess we'll be getting a lot of this during the summer months.  Even Willie only worked 3 days this week - he was off Monday and Friday.  What are they going to do if Lemire takes vacation?

Maybe Lemire is contractually obligated to never take a vacation. 😉😁

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't watch this show much anymore (I just read the snark here) but I tuned in this morning and heard Mika refer to "17 babies and two teachers" murdered in Uvalde.   Now I know people make mistakes, but she didn't even immediately correct herself.   I changed the channel so I don't know if she corrected herself later on in the show.

Good God.  What an ignorant, clueless, entitled KYV twit.  

Rant over.  Off to go shopping.

I don't know what hour I tuned in - but Meeka was using her "shrill, horrified, shocking" voice for whatever time she had.  It seems that she takes so much of the show and then Joe takes so much of the show.  But her voice was so shrill that after awhile it was like nails on a chalkboard. Could not listen to anymore. 

Crashcourse - I went shopping, too.  The "Coastal Grandmother Style" is very tres chic right now - and I already had most of it in my closet.  For years. But who doesn't need more baggy, saggy linen pants.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

i love how everyone's perceptions of present! day! europe! is both confusing but also for some reason a highly amusing time-travel mashup 🥴

--> for me the funniest take will always be Oakville (#wemissyouhon 🥰 #comebacksoon ) who said at one point a while back that the reason they were in the South of France was to present the Biopic of Joe's Life at Cannes. 😂

imo it still applies this year -->

This year's biopic would feature Joe, his rough-and-tumble Southern-ass self, stumbling charmingly into DC society, with only a dollar! in! his! pocket!

Vigorously shaking Bill Clinton's hand! Heroically balancing the budget! Opposing the very existence of the UN! 

then, to appeal to French audiences ---> lengthy montages of Joe! staring into space while smoking cigarettes

Joe! walking restlessly up and down next to a swimming pool, wearing red speedos

Joe and Mika! riding around Paris on a scooter while Willie plays the accordion

Mika dramatically throwing Joe's furniture out of the window during an imaginary argument.

The ~pivotal scene~ will be the one in which Joe heroically explains to a townhall of helpless pensioners why he has to cut their medicare

At Cannes it'll be wildly applauded, because no one in the room speaks English.

ETA: The Palme d'Or will be revoked, once the French translation is released

Edited by neona2
  • LOL 2

Catching up from this morning's MJ..... aaaand well....

man oh man... 

career advice from Charles! M! Blow!

Generation of "I didn't plan to go into a real thing! actual quote ---> But I arrived at the Times and they hired me! I had no real plan! This is just how things worked out for young people like meeee! Back then. When shit was just magical." 

For all of those media humans in academia who aren't so lucky, goshdarnit, I guess you're all lazy? It's all on you!!!

Career advice from the trenches 🥴

• Love 1
(edited)

update!

Joe & Mika are back in Florida, they're in their cute lil new studio! Hmm it looks different today - sorta dark and cavernous. The trees are almost black. i know I have too many opinions but the first version they tried was better & brighter and looked more natural next to NYC ---->

image.thumb.png.81e9339dbb87793201a97ad9a545c4d3.png

Lemire is in NYC! Willie is awol

I think we need to start a campagin #vacationforlemire. it's becoming a human rights issue. let's raise enough money so he can at least go to the Jersey shore and ride a ferris wheel all by himself

ETA: wait no, Willie is actually here! He looks cute

Edited by neona2
  • Like 3

i know i'll be fought down on this but Bob Woodward is a perfect and adorable human.

He's the physical incarnation of "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee", one second he's being all cute and humany and mentioning his wife, and then he goes straight! for! teh! jugular. Also the Costa-Woodward bromance is adorable

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I really like Bob Woodward; admire and respect that he has stayed with The Post his entire career. But for me, he doesn’t make for good tv. Looks are good; voice is droning.  Shallow end of the pool this morning.

• Love 3

honestly they haven't been in studio doing a real show, with everyone together, since 26 May. Literally that was the last time, and on 26 May the ratings were 300 000 higher than they are now. 

they went on vacation with zero studio-shows for a month and let ratings skydive, and it's like whyyy, just why. none of their decisions make zero sense to me. who on earth goes away for a month and lets this decline happen. At the same time, there are a thousand small adjustments to prevent it. it's so hard to root for this show bc it's all so inexplicable

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, neona2 said:

I think we need to start a campagin #vacationforlemire. it's becoming a human rights issue. let's raise enough money so he can at least go to the Jersey shore and ride a ferris wheel all by himself

It's a toss up who needs a vacation more at MSNBC - Jonathan Lemire or Ali Velshi!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, Crashcourse said:

Man, Katty Kay was really catty this morning when she was covering the Queen's Jubilee festivities.  First, when the troops were marching, she said something about them being better at it than U.S. troops.  Then, she suggested that Willie (?) or whoever it was didn't know what bunting was.   The people at the table laughed and snarked back at her.  

I thought she was unnecessarily bitchy.

Katty can be catty ! She is hilarious. I remember when MSNBC paid Joe, Mika & Katty to cover Harry's wedding a few years ago. Mika was happy. Joe played the role of Alabama country lawyer.

9 hours ago, neona2 said:

honestly they haven't been in studio doing a real show, with everyone together, since 26 May. Literally that was the last time, and on 26 May the ratings were 300 000 higher than they are now. 

they went on vacation with zero studio-shows for a month and let ratings skydive, and it's like whyyy, just why. none of their decisions make zero sense to me. who on earth goes away for a month and lets this decline happen. At the same time, there are a thousand small adjustments to prevent it. it's so hard to root for this show bc it's all so inexplicable

Sadly, I took Morning Joe off my DVR for the first time since 2008. i am so busy these days travelling etc, that I can never watch the show. I hope to resume watching and recapping by July.

• Love 7

Not sure where to post this, but has anyone watch the Katie Phang show early on MSNBC  weekend days?  She's GREAT!  I could see Willie and Katie presenting a dynamic daily show, should the millionaire duo who cannot regularly come into a studio ever decide to retire.  Wasn't the snark that Joe was going to run for Congress again?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

hello everyone. I don't know if anyone remembers me , but I used to post daily recaps here. I was happily retired until mid April, but a consulting company made me offer that I couldn't refuse, so I am back at work full time. I hope to get some down time soon & return to recapping Morning Joe soon. I hope Joe is as obnoxious as ever. Cheers

• Applause 10
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

It's a toss up who needs a vacation more at MSNBC - Jonathan Lemire or Ali Velshi!!!

I’d throw Chris Jansing in there. Recently there was some kind of post, “congratulations to Chris Jansing on…” her retirement, right? Oh no, her new job!  I adore her, but…the poor woman.

And seriously, Jonathan Lemire-let him sleep for two weeks straight and being him back. He’s my age and I feel old looking at him.

• Love 5

Lemire is in NYC this morning, Willie broadcasting from home

Joe & Mika are in the temple of Jupiter Optimus! Maximus! 

am I the only one who had to google varmints?

That footage of Matthew McConaughy is incredibly powerful

Anand G came on and they actually had a really interesting discussion about being a bit more creative and spirited when fighting for democracy ---> thissssss

Claire is here, her human self in nyc!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I listened to Anand G’s eloquent narrative of where our democracy is - it was moving and honest. The kind of soliloquy that could actually motivate people out of their apathy. Sadly, I didn’t see the beginning of it so I don’t know how long he spoke. What I did hear was Joe quietly try to break in and make his own point. Several times. When he did start talking, it was his usual spiel that viewers have heard hundreds (at least) of times.

I am biased because I could listen to Anand read the dictionary; his voice is like melted buttah. A perfect companion to my morning tea and toast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

What I did hear was Joe quietly try to break in and make his own point. Several times

I came here to write this.  He spoke for about 30 seconds prior to Joe's initial attempt to filibuster.  Joe made some good points, but why don't you just stfu now and then and let eloquent guests be eloquent guests.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Willie in the NYC studio today. Barnicle looks cute!

Joe & Mika are in teh temple of Jupiter Optimus! Maximus! yes I'm gonna call it that bc it really is gorgeous altho still a bit dark

Lemire looks fresh after his morning bath in the 30 Rock fountain - fun fact, Lemire was the real life model for the Prometheus statue after Paul Manship found him splashing around nude at 5 a.m. with his rubber duck and exfoliating bath brush 

they're doing special coverage tonight at 7 p.m. with Rachel! Joy! and Nicolle! yay!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I haven't been watching this show because I had to take a break from political crap.

Today I turn it on to see Mike Barnicle giving me a lecture about virtues and ethics.  How can this show continue to have a known fabulist acting as the voice of moral authority?  

Joe is re-enacting the McCarthy hearings.  He is playing the part of a frightened woman.  The fuck?

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 4

I haven’t been watching because I, too, needed a break from politics and more importantly, these two. 
Turned it on this morning to Mika slow-reading an introduction of 2 people and Joe “asking a question”!which was a 3 minute speech about himself and his thoughts. 
nothing ever changes. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I understand the need for a break (probably permanent in my case) from the everyday political discussions.  On any network, radio, streaming, etc.  But I did tune in to see what the talk around the MJ table would be. It was as expected.  I switched to CNN - got to see Heidi Przybyla! Maggie Haberman from The New York Times, etc.   It was not all  "opinion" related; more 'just the facts" related.  I guess I just needed fresh faces. Because I cannot look at Jonathan LeMire, Willy, The Twins, Barnicle, etc., anymore in times like this.  Well, at this point, at all.

I do notice that MJ gets better ratings than most shows on MSNBC in the daytime.  Glad to see all the $$$$ has paid off.  But it also means that there must be no money left for a more diverse (politically, intellectually, less moneyed/connected) cast of sidekicks. They are all in bed with one another; their stylish/rubbing elbows with the Other Connecteds depends on it.  And I am sick to death of feeling sympathy/admiration/horror at Jonathan LeMire always working.  Take an effing vacation; we could all use the break.  Just me?

Edited by Kemper
Spelling error
  • Love 4
On 6/8/2022 at 7:34 AM, Kemper said:

I listened to Anand G’s eloquent narrative of where our democracy is - it was moving and honest. The kind of soliloquy that could actually motivate people out of their apathy. Sadly, I didn’t see the beginning of it so I don’t know how long he spoke. What I did hear was Joe quietly try to break in and make his own point. Several times. When he did start talking, it was his usual spiel that viewers have heard hundreds (at least) of times.

I am biased because I could listen to Anand read the dictionary; his voice is like melted buttah. A perfect companion to my morning tea and toast.

Anand is one of the smartest guests on the show.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, jacourt said:

Missed you Oakville!!!!

I miss everyone here. I haven't been working this hard since my 20's. I work 10 -15 hours a day, on this consulting project that has to be finished by June 30th.

I can relax after July 1.

• Love 10

Joe & Mika were in Fl this morning, w/ Lemire & Barnicle in NYC. It was actually a really good show, normally their Monday shows are very depressing, w a lot of sighing and shouting but today they were all surprisingly energetic, there was some DJT ratings trolling which was hilarious

Apparently some dude at google decided that an AI chatbot has come alive and is now a conscious being!! he's now on leave, so they can bring him in to determine whether Jonathan Lemire is AI or a Real Human Boy.  

Barnicle's contribution ----> "what's the world coming to? Pretty soon there'll be machines that order breakfast behind your back!" Hmm, well okay. Luckily for Barnicle he looks cute in his suit. Personally I'm kinda looking forward to teh Pancake Apocalypse.

why tf was this hearing on during the day?? and not in the evening like last week? I have the entire msnbc lineup from today on my DVR but idk where to even start, I can't watch all of it. Are Rachel & Joy & Nicolle doing a special later tonight?

• Fire 1
  • Love 1

I watched for the first time in a long time this morning and I think it was very nice of Biden to allow them to build a cabana on the White House lawn.

Seriously, WTF? Do they think that their viewers don't know that is a building that does not exists and they are actually broadcasting from their basement in Florida?

Also, when I see promos for the show on MSNBC, it seems like they all use still shots of Joe, Mika and Willie having a conversation at the same desk. In reality, they haven't been in the NY studio on a daily basis in what? Almost three years?

I see that watching Mika read the teleprompter is still a high wire act. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, neona2 said:

Joe & Mika were in Fl this morning, w/ Lemire & Barnicle in NYC. It was actually a really good show, normally their Monday shows are very depressing, w a lot of sighing and shouting but today they were all surprisingly energetic, there was some DJT ratings trolling which was hilarious

Apparently some dude at google decided that an AI chatbot has come alive and is now a conscious being!! he's now on leave, so they can bring him in to determine whether Jonathan Lemire is AI or a Real Human Boy.  

Barnicle's contribution ----> "what's the world coming to? Pretty soon there'll be machines that order breakfast behind your back!" Hmm, well okay. Luckily for Barnicle he looks cute in his suit. Personally I'm kinda looking forward to teh Pancake Apocalypse.

why tf was this hearing on during the day?? and not in the evening like last week? I have the entire msnbc lineup from today on my DVR but idk where to even start, I can't watch all of it. Are Rachel & Joy & Nicolle doing a special later tonight?

I did see the ratings trolling while I was getting ready for work. Too funny.

Yeah, I don't get why all the hearings are not in primetime. I did record today's hearing, which I just finished. Thankfully, I have Wednesdays off so I can watch the next one in real time.

Tonight, Wednesday and Thursday we have special coverage on the hearings from Rachel/Joy/Nicolle, along with Ari Melber, Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell. I don't know what the schedule will be like next week.

• Useful 1

everyone in NYC this morning! It's a miracle!!

With Eddie Glaude Jr and Admiral Themistocles at the table

Joe is wearing pants!! I am so happy he's wearing pants I'll generously call this a spezzato

• LOL 2

No more school so I can tune in later. Shocker they are all together. Nice beginning. Well that lasted a whole 3 minutes. Mika is laughing and rolling her head around line she is at some cocktail party. I was expecting her to fling a scarf around her neck for a finale. It has just struck me that these two are so out of touch with the viewers. Normally they just get up get made up and stroll to their studio. When do they interact with normal people or even deal with what they are dealing with?  It just was so glaring today with Mika’s performance. She rolls her eyes nods or slightly shakes her head like a mother superior. While her headship rants. I’m sorry for this but maybe it’s time to just stick to reading about these two knuckleheads here and not watch. It’s not good to start the day this way. 

• Love 2