Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

PlumbagoB - I hardly watch anymore either, so it can be difficult to come here and comment. But the posters here are so good, smart and funny that it kind of keeps my hand in. So.

In regard to Joe steamrolling over Meeka …. yes, as sad and infuriating as it is …. it is all on her at this point.  It is an embarrassment to the other women on the network who DO have a voice and don’t hesitate to use it. With way less support and coddling from the network than Meeka has.

I miss Oakville. 

• Love 6
(edited)

oh they were in studio todayyyyyy!

I literally only know this thanks to my DVR.

With Rachel going part-time, one good thing is they gave the Real Rachel shows on Mondays and the MSNBC generic shows different names so we can literally set our DVRs to record only the *real* Rachel show

Please please please can this be a function for when they do real old-style MJ conversation studio table shows vs the MSNBC Live from Florida Boxes Deadpan News Reading Shows ---> just to make it easier to record the real vintage MJ live shows when they happen!!

At this point those are basically two fundamentally different shows with two different kinds of humans watching them, tbh I think it would be fairer to distinguish between the two for consumers who live on different planets.

Barnicle looks cute!

I've kinda decided to not be super cranky about everything and to look at this show affectionately as I would a crazy uncle that I'm horrified by but also love? idk.

In the sense that I try to interpret 90% of the shit they say as generously as possible and tune out the weird shit, including the part where all discussions about abortion legislation *still* features 5 male guests and zero female and 2 male hosts and 1 Mika who spends the entire segment too scared scared or not allowed to talk, and I just, why? Whyyyy? What is this universe they live in where no one cleared their throat or raised their arm at this wayyyy in advance? Hopefully not one in which they're surrounded by ppl scared of them? Like that's the kinda worrying part.

Also, I'm here for Aristotle trolling, when it's actually funny. But I still stand by my comment that Joe's uneducated ass would benefit from actually reading the classics 😜instead of making shit up. ymmv

Mara Gay is here!!!!!!!!! Oh man I love her badass self.

the one highlight of this entire week ----> when Willie suggested Joe might protest all! of! it! by crazy-gluing his ass to the NYC set!!!!! ahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by neona2
(edited)

OK because I've kinda been snarking on Joe, I do wanna say something nice --> literally in this Kerry Sanders Small! Plane! Segment! they were about to wrap it up and Mika was about to do the tedious thankyouverymuch blah blah,...

...but then Joe swooped in and made a ridiculous! joke! BUT! that joke led to Kerry Sanders actually opening up and giving spontaneous unplanned and interesting details about flip flops and a pregnancy etc etc!

So literally the entire segment was an argument for just relaxing and letting guests be creative and be themselves, bc that's when the actual interesting shit and spontaneous insights come out

Edited by neona2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, neona2 said:

In the sense that I try to interpret 90% of the shit they say as generously as possible and tune out the weird shit, including the part where all discussions about abortion legislation *still* features 5 male guests and zero female and 2 male hosts and Mika who spends the entire segment too scared scared or not allowed to talk, and I just, why? Whyyyy? What is this universe they live in where no one cleared their throat or raised their arm at this wayyyy in advance? Hopefully not one in which they're surrounded by ppl scared of them? Like that's the kinda worrying part.

A quote from Joe from 2011, regarding Mika.  He was pretty new to the morning show and had "landed" Mika as his co-host.  He bragged/crowed that Mika was Pro Gun and Pro Life. (I had just started watching and didn't really know much about either personality; but I remember feeling sorry for her when her cohost revealed her private views).  I don't know how to embed a quote - but it was from an article on Mediaite, I think.  Please, Mods, this is not bringing our/my personal political views onto the Board.  This is a direct quote from Joe.  Geez, he was a jerk even back then.  Back when he was not in Congress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

still on today's show...

Joe: my *wife* (who's literally sitting next to me! And has a name! But who hasn't deserved any eyecontact or kindness or any human acknowledgment since 2017!!)..... tells me I'm *too* optimistic...

----> The Whole of the Known Universe: *dude* --->

Edited by neona2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

This Douglas Murray thing is an interesting discussion had by the wrong people, just Joe and this dude

so many interesting nuances and yet Murray is so wrong for it, he comes across as petulant and childish - he's in every way the wrong human to have written this book. literally some of the points he's trying to make people like Cornel West would probably agree with. And a lot of women! but with more caveats and perspective than his rambling. that could've been an actually interesting panel if it had been more diverse ---> if you're able to tune out the noise *that*s the point

Edited by neona2

Mika looks very nice today.  And Joe did not interrupt her once when she was doing the opening story.  He did have an obviously prewritten statement.  But thankful for small wonders.  

• LOL 2

Where are Joe and Mika?

So, on Monday, Mika was in Washington and Joe was in the Florida home studio. Tuesday, Mika was still in Washington and I assumed Joe was still in the Florida home studio, but with a fancy new backdrop.

However, today (Wednesday) was a surprise. Joe and Mika were sitting together at a desk. They were not in NY or Washington (no one else was with them). The backdrop was the same as Joe’s backdrop yesterday, but there was a wide shot at the beginning that made it look like they were in an actual studio.

Are they now in a real studio in Florida, and will this continue? Stay tuned…..

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Must be nice to have a boss that you have so fooled that the company twists itself into pretzels to keep your sorry asses.  What would they do if other hosts made the same demand?  All because you make soooo much money and you don't want to to pay taxes on your income like the rest of us do.    

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe the network can come out with a “Where’s Waldo” version of MJ. Should it have The Twins appearing together or separately?

I have to wonder who they know that gets them so much space on Mediaite; that is how I keep up with what is discussed on the show. Under a pic that always features Joe and his giant head orating (sometimes includes Meeka or a couple of minions) - the article most often starts with “Joe Scarborough explodes” and then inserts a few words of the Rant of the Day.

Edited by Kemper
Added paragraph
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

(sometimes includes Meeka or a couple of minions)

Speaking of which...whatever happened to Meeka's star minion, Danielle (?)? I remember a year or so ago a lot of hoopla about her becoming a correspondent on the show. Has anyone who still watches seen her?

I saw the pics on Mediaite, too, and was (not) surprised to see the blue scarf and the thumb-hole yoga top is still a thing. What a joke.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Maybe the network can come out with a “Where’s Waldo” version of MJ. Should it have The Twins appearing together or separately?

I have to wonder who they know that gets them so much space on Mediaite; that is how I keep up with what is discussed on the show. Under a pic that always features Joe and his giant head orating (sometimes includes Meeka or a couple of minions) - the article most often starts with “Joe Scarborough explodes” and then inserts a few words of the Rant of the Day.

Moving answer to the hosts thread....

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

I haven’t been watching the show that much, at least not to pay attention to it. But Elise’s focus group just depressed the hell out of me this morning. That one woman who spoke, the one who said, “Are you happy now?” had a look of such spite and bitterness on her face… just utter hatred. It made me despair for our country.

I think I’m just going to go crawl back into my bed and die now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Eliot said:

I haven’t been watching the show that much, at least not to pay attention to it. But Elise’s focus group just depressed the hell out of me this morning. That one woman who spoke, the one who said, “Are you happy now?” had a look of such spite and bitterness on her face… just utter hatred. It made me despair for our country.

I came here to write this.  Deeply scary and depressing.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Eliot said:

I think I’m just going to go crawl back into my bed and die now.

Just curious, what was the focus of Elise's focus group?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, millennium said:

Just curious, what was the focus of Elise's focus group?

Georgia voters. A group of Democrats and a group of Republicans (separate groups)

• Useful 1
39 minutes ago, cased said:

Georgia voters. A group of Democrats and a group of Republicans (separate groups)

My brother texted me about this segment; he said it was terrifying.  Who from the show, besides Elise, was present?

I tried to find it online but youtube has been mostly wiped of today's episode.

I take focus groups with a grain of salt.  Most everyone comes into them with an axe to grind and it's usually not because they're overflowing with happiness.  These segments often seem like a slightly more sophisticated version of the endless "diner" interviews we saw ad nauseum 2016-2020.  They're intended to manufacture outrage/fear/etc.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, millennium said:

I tried to find it online but youtube has been mostly wiped of today's episode.

I take focus groups with a grain of salt.  Most everyone comes into them with an axe to grind and it's usually not because they're overflowing with happiness.  These segments often seem like a slightly more sophisticated version of the endless "diner" interviews we saw ad nauseum 2016-2020.  They're intended to manufacture outrage/fear/etc.

They succeeded.

• Love 2

Folks, if you have questions about rules, please PM me, @dubbel zout, and my co-mod, @Pallas. We do not discuss mod actions in the threads.

As a refresher, you can mention politicians who are discussed on the show, but you can't mention those who aren't.

We have noted some confusion about the Politics rule as it pertains to Morning Joe. We hope this will clarify things. As the rule states, 

"We do not allow mention of elected political figures (past or present), current political candidates, political bodies (Congress, Parliament), political parties (i.e., Conservative, Democratic, Labor, Republican), political movements or affinities (i.e., left, MAGA, progressive, right), or political events, including jokes and asides, unless those entities are specifically mentioned on an episode of the show being discussed, or in editorial content about that episode. Even when this applies, they may be discussed only in the context of the show. This means no elaboration, speculation or using what was said as a springboard to voice your political thoughts generally. Anything outside of this is considered off-topic and subject to moderation measures."

Ergo, if any political figure is not mentioned in the episode airing on the day of your post, they are completely off-limits. This applies to the All Episodes and Hosts thread. The Small Talk thread allows for no political mentions, since Small Talk is for outside-of-the-show discussion, where politics are not allowed.

Other specific rules for posting on the Morning Joe forum:

Joe and Mika and any non-political guests are fair game. (Please remember that the hosts have their own thread.)

Please avoid quoting posts that infringe on the Politics rule or any other.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Folks, if you have questions about rules, please PM me, @dubbel zout, and my co-mod, @Pallas. We do not discuss mod actions in the threads.

As a refresher, you can mention politicians who are discussed on the show, but you can't mention those who aren't.

Good reminder !

• Love 2
(edited)

I was pleased they had Elise Jordan hosting focus groups.  It got her out of her comfort zone a little…and she did very well!  Being in Georgia, her accent probably helped people feel comfortable too (can’t hurt).

Elise’s line countering people whining about hearing too much about Martin Luther King was GOLD. She listened politely, then hemmed and hawed for a split second and then said pleasantly “Well….Republicans do talk about Ronald Reagan a lot.”  Exactly what I was thinking, I wanted to high-five my TV!   It was totally lost on the whiners, of course.

(And yes most people in the focus groups were so freaking depressing to watch, as someone noted above. Focus groups are usually awful, the people just run with the coles note or even a wrong idea and have no depth of understanding.)

Edited by jenkait
Word missing
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, jenkait said:

Elise’s line countering people whining about hearing too much about Martin Luther King was GOLD. She listened politely, then hemmed and hawed for a split second and then said pleasantly “Well….Republicans do talk about Ronald Reagan a lot.”  Exactly what I was thinking, I wanted to high-five my TV!   It was totally lost on the whiners, of course.

That was an amusing moment. The guy complaining about MLK seemed to realize as the words were coming out of his mouth how awful they sounded; he cut himself off after saying something like, "I'm so sick of hearing about...uh...never mind."

But Elise lost points with me in her follow up with Joe and Mika when she was talking about the "extremes on both sides" of the abortion debate. She compared abortion opponents who want every abortion banned in every case with abortion rights supporters who, according to her, "support any abortion, any time, for any reason." She fell into the trap of absurd hypotheticals ("abortion up until the moment of birth!") that just don't happen. It was disappointing to me because I was starting to like her.

• Love 6

Another absolutely shocking moment was when one lady claimed Warnock is disgusting to her because he abused his wife.  And I was like "wow, what a pig."  Then when the piece ended and kicked to the studio, Willie said immediately, First we have to set the record straight.  Warnock was accused once by his wife of running over her foot while backing up his car.  Warnock denies that it happened.  Herschel Walker has been accused repeatedly of physical abuse, mental abuse, and death threats, and has never denied that it happened.
These focus groups are fascinating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Another absolutely shocking moment was when one lady claimed Warnock is disgusting to her because he abused his wife.  And I was like "wow, what a pig."  Then when the piece ended and kicked to the studio, Willie said immediately, First we have to set the record straight.  Warnock was accused once by his wife of running over her foot while backing up his car.  Warnock denies that it happened.  Herschel Walker has been accused repeatedly of physical abuse, mental abuse, and death threats, and has never denied that it happened.
These focus groups are fascinating.

that's scary. ! i have been very busy here.

Are Mika & Joe behaving ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, Kemper said:

Joe should get an Andy Rooney type job on MSNBC

• Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 4:47 PM, Eliot said:

That was an amusing moment. The guy complaining about MLK seemed to realize as the words were coming out of his mouth how awful they sounded; he cut himself off after saying something like, "I'm so sick of hearing about...uh...never mind."

But Elise lost points with me in her follow up with Joe and Mika when she was talking about the "extremes on both sides" of the abortion debate. She compared abortion opponents who want every abortion banned in every case with abortion rights supporters who, according to her, "support any abortion, any time, for any reason." She fell into the trap of absurd hypotheticals ("abortion up until the moment of birth!") that just don't happen. It was disappointing to me because I was starting to like her.

I haven't been much of an Elise fan in the past but I do like how she's handling the group bc I think those settings can be tricky.

That being said I really want Joe and Donny to stop citing the hypothetical 14-year old rape victim. Not bc a case like that is unimportant; it just feels odd and oddly specific coming from middle aged men on repeat.

Mika attempted and failed to get Joe to dial back on the Catholic church today, to no avail. Perhaps she was prescient knowing they'd have to cover the Southern Baptist story tomorrow. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think I am now I hate watching Elise’s focus group. Today, one of the participants blamed Antifa for the insurrection. Because he had looked at photos in the Atlanta Journal Constitution and claimed that the participants were all “hipsters in skinny jeans with beards.”

ETA: Out of morbid curiosity, I went to the AJC website to see their coverage and determine if there was anything to his claim. Not a hipster in sight.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

I think I am now I hate watching Elise’s focus group. Today, one of the participants blamed Antifa for the insurrection. Because he had looked at photos in the Atlanta Journal Constitution and saw that the participants were all “hipsters in skinny jeans with beards.”

Karl Marx famously declared that religion was the "opiate of the masses."  In the years since, some Marxist scholars have likened sports to religion as an opiate of the masses because it distracts the working classes from the real economic issues that affect their lives.  

I'm not a Marxist, nor a scholar, but I would like to propose that anger and outrage are the opiate of the masses now.   And too many people, like some of the participants in Elise's focus group, go through each day looking for their next fix.   To extend the metaphor, Joe Scarborough and the rest of the media may not be the suppliers, but they are making a killing pushing the stuff.

Edited by millennium
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

It's so hard to keep up w this show if you're busy -- man oh man I wish Peacock would just get their shit together.

I'm literally over here willing to throw my money at them for a useful thing I can fit into my life, BUT they've decided that 1) all NEWS shows will be posted 24 hours too late (no, seriously - *news* shows!) and 2) MJ will be butchered in half and edited and so if you give them your money you'll still only get  *half* of your favorite show.... 24 hours too late!!! 

whenever these people cry about being *made obsolete* by new media, cry me a river ---> in a practical, functional, creative and human sense, they don't even try. 

On 5/23/2022 at 11:55 PM, millennium said:

Karl Marx famously declared that religion was the "opiate of the masses."  In the years since, some Marxist scholars have likened sports to religion as an opiate of the masses because it distracts the working classes from the real economic issues that affect their lives.  

I'm not a Marxist, nor a scholar, but I would like to propose that anger and outrage are the opiate of the masses now.   And too many people, like some of the participants in Elise's focus group, go through each day looking for their next fix.   To extend the metaphor, Joe Scarborough and the rest of the media may not be the suppliers, but they are making a killing pushing the stuff.

idk. I'm with you in one sense ---> anger and outrage *is* the opiate of the masses, but it's not just for the diner! people! For me what I always genuinely wonder is if, airing these kind of focus groups and conversations, they are promoting these opinions or merely highlighting the fact that they exist --> and that politicians kinda sorta have to develop a response, no matter how ridiculous it all seems? Like where is the line between harmful platforming and a blaring fire alarm that this thing exists, and is out there? And has to be engaged with no matter how hard and absurd that exercise seems, idk

(edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 9:47 PM, Eliot said:

oh man, the abortion up until birth thingy always makes me think about this article, I think they maybe discussed it on MJ when it was first published ---> https://www.huffpost.com/entry/late-term-abortion-rape_n_5c630b8de4b0a8731aeabbd6

like the actual human context is just in a different universe, in terms of raw heartbreaking humanity, from the intellectual debate

Edited by neona2
(edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 4:42 PM, cased said:

Where are Joe and Mika?

So, on Monday, Mika was in Washington and Joe was in the Florida home studio. Tuesday, Mika was still in Washington and I assumed Joe was still in the Florida home studio, but with a fancy new backdrop.

However, today (Wednesday) was a surprise. Joe and Mika were sitting together at a desk. They were not in NY or Washington (no one else was with them). The backdrop was the same as Joe’s backdrop yesterday, but there was a wide shot at the beginning that made it look like they were in an actual studio.

Are they now in a real studio in Florida, and will this continue? Stay tuned…..

I'm still catching up and I just got to this!!!!

and, I mean I guess this is just my opinion, but  it is SO. MUCH. BETTER. in a thousand ways.

good god. Joe and Mika actually look like normal humans. Sitting at a normal table! Relaxed normal human body language, limited yelling. The backdrop is smooth and clean and balances well with the main studio in NYC without the glaring disruptive neon blue "we're-not-here" sky. For me, I've never really been against the Florida thing -- just the fact that they made it so obvious and low-budget and disruptive for all human viewers.

I am here for this double studio - and would also be here for an extra chair on Florida! MJ! for Barnicle in a Hawaiian shirt. 

Question - did they ever broadcast live, on deckchairs etc, from anywhere in Florida?? Like Disneyworld? Or NASA? 

or ~special lil art girl request~, Art Basel Miami??? 

i am not opposed to switching up locations or moving to Florida, just opposed to doing it in an a life-denying boring way when there are so many interesting life-affirming creative possibilities 

Edited by neona2
On 5/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, Eliot said:

Whiner: “It’s like I’d you say it

2 hours ago, neona2 said:

I'm still catching up and I just got to this!!!!

and, I mean I guess this is just my opinion, but  it is SO. MUCH. BETTER. in a thousand ways.

good god. Joe and Mika actually look like normal humans. Sitting at a normal table! Relaxed normal human body language, limited yelling. The backdrop is smooth and clean and balances well with the main studio in NYC without the glaring disruptive neon blue "we're-not-here" sky. For me, I've never really been against the Florida thing -- just the fact that they made it so obvious and low-budget and disruptive for all human viewers.

I am here for this double studio - and would also be here for an extra chair on Florida! MJ! for Barnicle in a Hawaiian shirt. 

Question - did they ever broadcast live, on deckchairs etc, from anywhere in Florida?? Like Disneyworld? Or NASA? 

or ~special lil art girl request~, Art Basel Miami??? 

i am not opposed to switching up locations or moving to Florida, just opposed to doing it in an a life-denying boring way when there are so many interesting life-affirming creative possibilitiesit’s like you’re racist but I get so sick about hearing about Martin Luther King!”

Elise: Hmm yeah…well…. Conservatives do talk about Ronald  Reagan a lot, too.

Whiner: “well I don’t agree with everything Reagan says.”

WTAF MORON HOW IS THAT IRRELEVANT!!  Yeah we’re doomed for sure.

You know of course I’d love to see Elise kick some ass and she’s got more brains in her baby toe than these conservative groups people combined.  I’d love to see those people put in their place!  But in this scenario the focus groups are the guests; I imagine the best she can do is remain pleasant and engaged ( she’s doing that) not alienate them but perhaps get them to expound, “So… you called X a ‘commie’, can you elaborate what you mean?” Be far more respectful that this twit deserve. Thoughts? 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1

Sorry Neona! I was trying to reply to you and I messed up my post a little. I think the point is clear, though.

what is the “lil art-girl job” you do? Maybe don’t say exactly to be safe but like…generally?  I always wonder when I read your posts!

• Love 2

Jenkait I literally phrase it that way because in the greater scheme of things, it requires a lot of skill but also it's grunt-level and pretty boring 😂 Personally I love it but man oh man I also sometimes wish it was more glamorous. It's not

On 5/12/2022 at 11:51 PM, Kemper said:

A quote from Joe from 2011, regarding Mika.  He was pretty new to the morning show and had "landed" Mika as his co-host.  He bragged/crowed that Mika was Pro Gun and Pro Life. (I had just started watching and didn't really know much about either personality; but I remember feeling sorry for her when her cohost revealed her private views).  I don't know how to embed a quote - but it was from an article on Mediaite, I think.  Please, Mods, this is not bringing our/my personal political views onto the Board.  This is a direct quote from Joe.  Geez, he was a jerk even back then.  Back when he was not in Congress.

this is what often kinda makes me feel sad --> because the ranting thingy becomes a performative act for the Mediate readership who scroll thru it after lunch on their phones -- with zero thought about what the stories on there feel like and mean for the normal sleep deprived humans who are just waking up and being yelled at

• Love 1
2 hours ago, neona2 said:

a performative act for the Mediate readership who scroll thru it after lunch on their phones

just for the record, i browse Mediate while I eat lunch, and I use a laptop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe & Mika were in studio in nyc yesterday, but awol today - this is all very mysterious, I wonder why Joe would come up for one day only?

Lemire is in nyc all by his lonesome self. Since it's summer he sleeps on a bamboo map up on the Observation Deck

Barnicle in front of his bookshelf, our Khaleesi Katty in DC

Willie is hosting from home - they've added some arches in his backdrop so his little cherub self now looks like the Virgin Mary patiently awaiting the annunciation. on the plus side, it's beautifully lit with no menacing trees in sight

With Uvalde it's been such an emotionally draining few days this more subdued pace is actually kind of calming. it's all so heartbreaking 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, neona2 said:

Joe & Mika were in studio in nyc yesterday, but awol today - this is all very mysterious, I wonder why Joe would come up for one day only?

Lemire is in nyc all by his lonesome self. Since it's summer he sleeps on a bamboo map up on the Observation Deck

Mika and Joe probably went to Maine for the weekend. They did the same thing a few weeks ago (in NY on Thursday, took Friday off, and went up to Maine).

Lemire is definitely the hardest worker amongst the Morning Joe crew. 

Edited by cased
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, neona2 said:

I honestly cannot figure out where anyone is at this point. And Joe dipping out so frequently does not help; I still don't understand what MSNBC was thinking adding on another hour.

I like Willie but I think it's got to be a tough gig to address Uvalde as the sole anchor particularly when we're finding out so much of the initial information was wrong. But hey, it's a long weekend so let two of the stars leave early.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Guess nobody's manning the seven second delay button.  Joe cursed twice today.  I'm no prude, but gosh, that was a lot to take at 6:30 a.m.

Yesterday I think Joe got three bullsh*ts in before 7. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/26/2022 at 2:29 AM, millennium said:

just for the record, i browse Mediate while I eat lunch, and I use a laptop.

Millennium that's a points score for Mediate because your actual badass interesting posts on here  indicate an intelligence score way above their average dull-ass readership 😜

Guys, is bullshit now a curse-word. Asking for a friend. And that friend is me. Because if I was on teh tee-vee the FCC fines would be astronomical 🥴  

for me with Joe, the yelling is worse than the actual swearing. I actually wish Mika would swear every now and then. And then buy a vuvuzela, some duct tape, and some tranquilizer darts, to shut his ass up

• Love 1
(edited)

I think I need to give up Mediaite.   For awhile now I've been making conscious choices to not click on certain stories there; regardless, the site is strongly skewing towards more stories of that type, so ... 

I gave up Morning Joe months ago but tune in when national events go horribly wrong, if if only to watch Scarborough rage.  It may be performative but he's the only media figure who attempts to reflect the anger and frustrations of this show's demographic. 

I was hoping for some of that on Friday in the wake of the newest Uvalde revelations.  Instead we got Geist, whom I don't care for.  I switched off in less than five minutes.  I noticed Geist doesn't even bother saying "Joe and Mika have the day off" anymore.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

Millennium- I agree about Joe’s raging. He can be the conscience of politicians (and the rest of us) in times of terrible national trauma. That is when the show is at its best. 

• Love 3

Kemper & Millennium that's actually really interesting

For me, I think the thing is that there is such a clear distinction between Joe's Moments of Genuine Human Emotion and Outrage and Joe's ummm...let's call them "Used Car Salesman Speeches". I can tell within 5 seconds which one it is. 

The genuine human outbursts I understand and appreciate, tbh sometimes they are incredibly powerful. But we only get those once in a while, and they are interspersed on a daily basis with teh Used Car Salesman Speeches.

I guess my point is that the genuine moments would be more powerful if they were reserved for Special Occasions.

Also I'm a snowflake and not a morning person and yelling makes me wanna curl up in a fetal position so that might be part of it, heh

• Love 3