Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I have not understood why MJ has been giving the Rust shooting top billing since it happened, but I appreciated that both Mika and Willie were uncomfortable with the Baldwin interview. Baldwin doesn't have any idea what happened - he just knows it wasn't his fault. 

It was a bad approach for both him and ABC. 

And if I were Baldwin's lawyer I'd dump his ass.

• Love 6

been away for the holidays but just caught up on today's show and I thought it was pretty good? ish?

Rivendell! Mika! is actually great when she's interacting with real life humans and is allowed to do that without being constantly interrupted by Joe. 

Michael Steele cracks me up, I love his hilarious ass.

Our Khaleesi Katty, queen of the known universe, actually bringing some nuance re: South Africa. 

I wish they would explain the Willie situation - sometimes he's in NYC, sometimes he's not, but it's OK to be in studio now so where is he when he isn't in studio, and why? If awol Willie is gonna be a permanent thing why can't they fix it and make it look less weird? I know some other msnbc people still have home studios but they look totally normal? 

I adore Willie but his kinda solid cornerstone holding down the fort role on the show has become this strange and nebulous absent thing and I wish they'd just be honest and let us know what's up. Anyhoo but also I wanna say I hope it's not a serious thing happening with him and i hope he and his family are ok. 

oh man, I love Jen Psaki. She's basically CJ Cregg with Dana Scully hair, and I am here for it.

Dr Kavita was there!! her actual three dimensional human self!! it's funny how when they have military vets on they're like thank you for your service etc and tbh I think the doctors deserve that too.

Dr Kavita probably has not had a single night's sleep in two f-ing years. The first words out of anyone's mouth when they see these tee-vee doctors in person, Kavita, Vin Gupta, Osterholm, Naheed, etc, should be thank you for your godamn service and sleepless nights and patience and kindness and warmth.

As a sidenote, all of the tee-vee doctors get everything right, tone, coherence, aesthetics, clarity, they get it all right, every time, without even trying, and it's not even their job. They just intuitively understand they are there to communicate light and hope and information to the rest of humanity without getting distracted by any of the weird drama

Edited by neona2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I saw that blurb, too. Mediaite! Where actual news goes to die. I think Meeka goes to events to support her brother (s?) just to make sure no one will ever forget what blood stock she comes from. I have become a horrible, embittered person.

Nah. You just beat us to it. I think many of us feel the same way. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Now watching this week's DVR's backwards, so I'm sorry for the confusing out-of-order commentary and questions 🥴

*small voice* why do y'all hate Yoko?? I'm literally obsessed with her. I knew about her work before I even realized she used to be married to John Lennon, she's an actual f-ing genius 

Anyhoo, to the point - I obviously know and ADORE the Beatles & their music, but tbh I never bothered to dive deep into all the drama from back in the day.  SO. what's a good place to start? Should I watch Let It Be? Or just go straight to Get Back? Is the message here that Let It Be wasn't really truthful and should b skipped - advice please!! I'm actually super curious

That Beatles discussion was actually really great. Fanboy! Joe! is cute, not gonna lie.

Also he was surprisingly nuanced and calm and careful and respectful on the abortion issue. Idk it's weird but I was almost a lil moved bc I was kinda scared that he would go all GOP Handmaid's tale. I mean I was honestly wondering whether I even wanted to watch that discussion. But he was actually really good and nuanced about everything. So maybe there's some hope in that, idk. I did miss Mika's voice, it's literally the biggest women's issue of the century so idk why she didn't even say anything at all during the whole debate, it was really odd, maybe it was the format thingy where she was stuck in DC by herself. But Joe and Elise and Maya were brilliant.

AND ALSO. Joyce. Freakin. Vance. I've only seen her flat box self during the pandemic but man oh man in person (in studio I mean) she's literally the warmest most energetic most persuasive human. Totally different. I was so damn impressed. 

I agree with you guys, the focus Baldwin story was weird. Whyyyyy was that the lead story on a huge news day? And why on earth would there be three separate dull-ass segments? can't they just tell us how the investigation ends, when it ends, all this time spent on bizarro speculation is both weird and depressing, mostly because it reminds everyone of all the gun-related violence that *doesn't* get three segments in one day but really really should *cries* 

• Love 5

backwards DVR commentary again buuuuut I've made it to the f-ing racist shitshow Ilhan Omar had to endure ffs gaaaaaaaaaaaaah

dear MSNBC. When discussing weirdo crazy-ass islamophobia against muslim women, you know who would make a really really really great guest....

.... wait for it...

....aaan actual muslim woman! Or just a muslim. Or even just a woman. Either one of those. 

Sometimes I feel like a dull-ass lil brat making the same points over and over....but I mean....

• Love 5

happy monday! wow they all seem super depressed this morning, yikes. It's the last day of Hanukkah! It's almost Christmas! Here for Sophia's winter wonderland though. 

tbh I'm in favor of reintroducing this backdrop

0O0j3V.gif

The portrait of Joe is brilliant. I bet he has that above his actual fireplace! they probably also have with a marble bust of Joe, a full-sized bronze statue of Joe, and a ceiling fresco of Joe, in the nude, being crowned with a laurel wreath by the muse of rhetoric

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/3/2021 at 6:20 PM, oakville said:

which is only 3,000 below Mika's arch nemesis Stephanie Ruhle

There is certainly a plainly obvious lack of chemistry between these two.  Steph is the coolest person at the network, behind Tur of course.
My wife has a lot of opinions about Steph's and Nicole's surgical and aesthetic choices.  There needs to be a Primetimer channel for this topic.

• Love 7
On 12/6/2021 at 7:29 AM, Lowcountry snark said:

There is certainly a plainly obvious lack of chemistry between these two.  Steph is the coolest person at the network, behind Tur of course.
My wife has a lot of opinions about Steph's and Nicole's surgical and aesthetic choices.  There needs to be a Primetimer channel for this topic.

Stephanie Ruhle is hilarious! She makes it so much easier to get up at 6am (west coast here). I love her news hour. I’m with your wife Lowcountry… I’ve never noticed surgeries but the outfits are SO hit and miss, especially SR.  I assume you’re talking about Nicolle Wallace? I wish I knew what she did in the last ten years to lose like half of her body weight…because whatever she did I want to try the same thing🤣

I saw a bit of fanboy Joe and it was actually cute, I have to admit.  I saw Dr. Patel in the studio and I was also way too happy (?!). The last half hour of Morning Joe is usually dull as dirt as someone hocks their book or whatever, it feels almost like advertising sometimes, so I DVR Morning Joe, and if I get up early I watch the start of it.

ALSO: I am actually horrified if Minka wasn’t up in arms about the Roe vs Wade events. Is this true?  My god, this matters more than how to ask your boss for a raise or whatever. Tell me it isn’t true…if so, KYV is such a freaking sham I’ll have to burn the books I have. Seriously, for shame Mika!!! 

Edited by jenkait
Missed a word, added the something
  • Love 6

I missed much of the pearl clutching over liberal college students loathing right wingers, but right wing college students having no opinion about liberals.  It was its own full segment.  What was said?
I'm honestly surprised the liberal anger didn't have higher percentage values.  Rittenhouse, Trump, attack on the Capitol and the American Way, Tucker, willful ignorance as a feature not a bug, Gaetz/Boeber/Greene, casual racism, gerrymandering, anti-Roe/Wade, guns.. and you've asked idealistic college students what they think of this?  Duh.
Also, true believing deplorables aren't in college and wouldn't be reflected in those numbers, and, conservative college kids aren't full of the boiling hate like their non-collegiate brethren.

I was interested in the segment until Joe patted himself on the back for being a fire breathing conservative who always reached across the aisle.  That always merits a muting.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

I missed much of the pearl clutching over liberal college students loathing right wingers, but right wing college students having no opinion about liberals.  It was its own full segment.  What was said?
I'm honestly surprised the liberal anger didn't have higher percentage values.  Rittenhouse, Trump, attack on the Capitol and the American Way, Tucker, willful ignorance as a feature not a bug, Gaetz/Boeber/Greene, casual racism, gerrymandering, anti-Roe/Wade, guns.. and you've asked idealistic college students what they think of this?  Duh.
Also, true believing deplorables aren't in college and wouldn't be reflected in those numbers, and, conservative college kids aren't full of the boiling hate like their non-collegiate brethren.

I was interested in the segment until Joe patted himself on the back for being a fire breathing conservative who always reached across the aisle.  That always merits a muting.

One of the best posts ever. I also love Joe’s selective memory of his behavior When He Was In Congress. 

Edited by Kemper
Spelling error
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, jenkait said:

Stephanie Ruhle is hilarious! She makes it so much easier to get up at 6am (west coast here). I love her news hour. I’m with your wife Lowcountry… I’ve never noticed surgeries but the outfits are SO hit and miss, especially SR.  I assume you’re talking about Nicolle Wallace? I wish I knew what she did in the last ten years to lose like half of her body weight…because whatever she did I want to try the same thing🤣

I saw a bit of fanboy Joe and it was actually cute, I have to admit.  I saw Dr. Patel in the studio and I was also way too happy (?!). The last half hour of Morning Joe is usually dull as dirt as someone hocks their book or whatever, it feels almost like advertising sometimes, so I DVR Morning Joe, and if I get up early I watch the start of it.

ALSO: I am actually horrified if Minka wasn’t up in arms about the Roe vs Wade events. Is this true?  My god, this matters more than how to ask your boss for a raise or whatever. Tell me it isn’t true…if so, KYV is such a freaking sham I’ll have to burn the books I have. Seriously, for shame Mika!!! 

Mika is focused on dealing with issues that concern women over the age of 50. 

I believe that she is pro life based on her agreeing with Joe a few years ago about polls showing younger people being opposed to abortion. 

Mika wrote in her first book that women should have children soon after getting married. 

Joe became famous in Pensacola before he ran for a seat in Congress  for defending a client that had killed a doctor that was performing abortions. 

11 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

I missed much of the pearl clutching over liberal college students loathing right wingers, but right wing college students having no opinion about liberals.  It was its own full segment.  

Oy. MJ has spent the past year featuring and condemning Trump's alleged power over half the country, talking about how destructive it is. But apparently college students today don't have a right to feel outrage - that's reserved for folks who make millions backtracking on their support of Trump.

There has to be an aisle to reach across. MJ & guests have repeatedly stated the majority of the Republican party has no mission or goal.  What conversations are the young folk supposed to initiate with that?

I didn't like Mika making something about herself today (it was sort of interesting to hear Joe talk about what he thought their emotional differences are) but I appreciated her saying that she's not interested in hearing someone's reasoning for supporting a guy who accused her husband of murder.

15 hours ago, jenkait said:

I am actually horrified if Minka wasn’t up in arms about the Roe vs Wade events. Is this true?  My god, this matters more than how to ask your boss for a raise or whatever. Tell me it isn’t true…if so, KYV is such a freaking sham I’ll have to burn the books I have. Seriously, for shame Mika!!! 

Joe has publicly stated Mika was pro-life, however she has said her feelings are conflicted (I'm paraphrasing) and I believe she posts a lot of information that is decidedly pro-legalized abortion. MJ gave brief attention to an Atlantic (maybe?) article about the language and structure of the abortion debate. I wish that was the kind of topic they'd let Mika explore in a real way, instead of the career trajectory stuff.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, oakville said:

I believe that she is pro life based on her agreeing with Joe a few years ago about polls showing younger people being opposed to abortion. 

Mika wrote in her first book that women should have children soon after getting married. 

Joe became famous in Pensacola before he ran for a seat in Congress  for defending a client that had killed a doctor that was performing abortions. 

Well sure she cares about women over 50 now, but she started KYV when she was much younger. Oh and hey, Daniela isn’t over 50!! Grrr. It’s seems to be what matters is whatever in front of her nose at the time.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Oy. MJ has spent the past year featuring and condemning Trump's alleged power over half the country, talking about how destructive it is. But apparently college students today don't have a right to feel outrage - that's reserved for folks who make millions backtracking on their support of Trump.

There has to be an aisle to reach across. MJ & guests have repeatedly stated the majority of the Republican party has no mission or goal.  What conversations are the young folk supposed to initiate with that?

I didn't like Mika making something about herself today (it was sort of interesting to hear Joe talk about what he thought their emotional differences are) but I appreciated her saying that she's not interested in hearing someone's reasoning for supporting a guy who accused her husband of murder.

Joe has publicly stated Mika was pro-life, however she has said her feelings are conflicted (I'm paraphrasing) and I believe she posts a lot of information that is decidedly pro-legalized abortion. MJ gave brief attention to an Atlantic (maybe?) article about the language and structure of the abortion debate. I wish that was the kind of topic they'd let Mika explore in a real way, instead of the career trajectory stuff.

You’re right, years ago Joe said this. Way before they were married. I remember thinking is seemed inappropriate to speak for her.

So maybe mika is just about women in business 🤷‍♀️ and doesn’t care otherwise.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, oakville said:

“Mika wrote in her first book that women should have children soon after getting married.”

I read that at 32 and kind of like, that’s your opinion lady! I was out travel nursing and having the time of my life!  I got pregnant at 37, had my son at 38. I’ll never regret all that I did before I became a mom.

In the book she said she tells young women to put a real effort finding a good husband!  It may be true, or you may just have an affair with your co-worker 🤷‍♀️so so much for that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

i couldn't sleep so i just watched the show in the middle of the night so i'm not sure I interpreted this correctly, i thought it was a great discussion but a bit confusing bc they put up an Axios poll on the screen and it said "college students who would not_____ with someone who voted for the opposing presidential candidate" and then they put up a chyron saying "Young Dems despise other party" -----> which seemed like a bit of a leap from what the question actually was.

It was specifically college students, specifically about presidential candidates, and some of the discussion made it sound like no young dems would ever go out with or be friends with anyone they have any kind of political disagreement with 🥴

Joe was waxing poetic about Edmund Burke, and you know what, i would definitely go on a date w Edmund Burke, mainly so i could pick his brains on the Sublime and the Beautiful and be taken for uhhh kidney pie and claret? oh and I always wanted to go to the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens!

anyhoo, point being, how many Edmund Burkes are there walking around now and which presidential candidate do you think the real Edmund Burke woulda voted for? Just saying

I love the whole gang in Rivendell!! Eugene is a breath of fresh air and also he vibes well w the rest of the group. i'm obviously here for the blazer.

• Love 1

I tuned in maybe 7:30 and I perked up when I saw Michael Steele. I can’t remember what the discussion was because I have houseguests, was lolling in bed and am tired; but the discussion was interesting. I think Katty Kay was there; the next segment had what appeared to be a look-alike. Adrienne Elrod? My glasses were nowhere in sight.

When that ended and before they went to commercial, Meeka announced the next segment would be about Why No One Is Working And Where Are They. I took notice so sat up. Back from commercial who is there? Lemire and I don’t remember who else. Joe interrupted with the pronouncement that we need to give visas out so people can come to this country and work in fast food, restaurants, etc. They would love to have those jobs. I had never heard of this “solution” - it could have been a really great give-and-take among the guests. But they ended the exchange after not a lot of time and that was it. I wish these types of shows had the freedom of changing up the “script” or have the ability to switch the topics around when a discussion is going very well with everyone engaged. And how often can we say that about MJ.

• Love 2

Once again I raged when listening to this week's version of People Don't Want to Work. Mika even tried to chime in with the possibility that the numbers don't tell the full story, but once again Joe cut her off.

The Labor department's figure of over 4 million people quitting? Does it say where they're going? And does it include service workers (some as secondary employment) who can't work with masks anymore or be bouncers for the folks won't wear them? Does it include people of retirement age who finally decided to stay home when the next variant came around? Educators who are not getting the support they need? How about temporary remote employers who are letting that staff go before they are required to pay unemployment benefits (sup, Amazon)?

Yes, I'm a wee bit bitter bc I am going through a pre-hire process now and it is making me insane. I can't quit my current terrible job but I am interrupted all day by inquiries about my high school diploma (which would probably crumble into dust from age if I could actually find it), a missing credit from college, a credit card bill from 10 years ago - all for a job that pays under the annual average wage. 

It's a lot tougher for many people out there and I cannot listen to Stephanie & Donny telling us we're rich and Joe telling us we're lazy. It's gross.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 7

Chick B, I really hope you'll be able to leave that shitty job, hopefully all the annoying questions mean it's gonna happen!!

when it all gets too much, just close your eyes and imagine how satisfying it will be to finally hand in your resignation!! and you can finally flip off your boss and dramatically slam the door. ok, maybe don't do the last two, but you can definitely do them in your imagination!!! we love your badass self and are crossing our fingers it will all work out!! 

I'm literally spending saturday in my pajamas and I just watched Thursday's MJ and it was so goooooood, omg. That lil core group of Joe, Mika, our Khaleesi Katty, queen of the known universe, and Michael Steele all together at the table in DC Rivendell was literally the best thing ever. And everything was so nice and flowing and natural and you could tell all the guests also felt included and welcomed. I loved Karen Tumulty! And Kurt B! And Shontel Brown!!!

But most importantly, I wanna see the 70s Michael Steele picture damnit!!!

I started a lil bit of Friday, but oh man, no. I think they just denuded Willie's trees, so now his backdrop is like

Treeofthedead.jpg

Joe is always saying that two things can be true at once, so for me it is both true that Willie is a perfect and adorable and professional human but also true that his Zombie Apocalypse White House blurry home backdrop is the most horrendous thing in the history of morning tee-vee. 

aaaand here is a loving, gentle reminder of what the actual non-zombie apocalypse White House looks like in winter: https://pixels.com/featured/white-house-fountain-flag-after-snow-william-perry.html

just because it's a lil darker and colder outside doesn't mean we have to purge all light and beauty and happiness from teh indoors, just saying 🥴

Edited by neona2
  • Love 3

Mika and Joe had fun dunking on Facebook and social media this morning.  Soooo smugly sanctimonious.  "Why do no executive silicon valley parents let their children have screen time?  Why are they ok with mid-Americans having screen time?"  False equivalent strawman exaggerated lie much, Joe?  You asshole.  You're an asshole but I don't blame TV for it.  I blame you for being an asshole, and myself for giving your sales people inventory to sell.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jacourt said:

Mika is a mess this morning. Wearing a robe, hair askew and saying a retarded general instead of retired.  All before first commercial. 

She knows her value!  Not.  Upgrade that outfit!  Put on a colorful scarf or chunky necklace, or earrings, for gosh sakes. That way, it won't look like a bathrobe, which it actually might be!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Hi all! I haven’t been on here in quite a while-haven’t been watching. Flicked it on this morning to see the Gold Dust Twins “care” about Kentucky and my god! I watched maybe 5 minutes and it has sunk even further into a pure, unadultered, conscious vanity show. Absolutely shocking, even tho I watched it go that way for years. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

She knows her value!  Not.  Upgrade that outfit!  Put on a colorful scarf or chunky necklace, or earrings, for gosh sakes. That way, it won't look like a bathrobe, which it actually might be!

Perhaps Mika had to sell off her expensive clothes & jewelry to help pay the costs of the homes in Maine & Florida & her mom's medical care. The network may have cut her clothing allowance.

This is why Joe feels he is justified in asking the network do double his salary to keep up with inflation.

There is a  shortage of experienced cable news hosts with gravitas who have served in Congress. 

I remember Joe saying he was shocked driving around Jupiter Florida in the last few months & seeing signs at fast food joints offering $18 per hour.

Joe also complained about not being able to find anyone willing to do gardening at his home for minimum wage anymore.

• LOL 2

Monday mini recap with wine. 

The show started with a clip from Saturday Night Live. This is unusual since the show usually uses clips from Jimmy Kimmel on ABC.

This could be an olive branch from Joe indicating that he is willing to promote NBC shows in exchange for his contract demands to be met.

Mika got out of the shower and is broadcasting while wearing a  burgundy bath robe.

Mika was able to dry her hair before the show began so she didn't have to wear a towel on her head

Mika could also be wearing a costume from Star Wars. She acknowledged in the past that Joe likes  Star Wars movies & wants them  to dress up as science fiction characters on weekends.

Mika said she likes Joe's light saber which glows in the dark.

The first topic was Mark Meadows & the January 6th insurrection

Mika mentioned tornados killing people in Kentucky & other states.

Dasha Burns  is in Bowling Green Kentucky. The power is out. It's horrible.

President Biden will visit Kentucky.

Mika mocked Senator Paul for not approving aid in other states but wanting Biden to approve emergency relief for his state.

Joe is mad at Paul. 

Joe said tornados  can hit red & blue states so the government should offer aid when a disaster happens.

Joe said Democratic & Republican Presidents have offered disaster relief in the past.

Mika is mad at Mark Meadows. He said the National Guard would support Trump supporters if they attacked the Capitol.

• Love 4

At 6 10 am, Mika said a retarded/ retired army colonel met with Meadows. Mika  shouldn't refer to people a retarded because they retired. 

Mika said Meadows feigned ignorance of the email.

Mara Gay has a lit Christmas tree with a fireplace. Lovely !

Mara is worried about voting rights for Democrats in swing states.

• Love 5

Hugo Lowell from the UK Guardian discussed the plot at the Willard Hotel on January 5th.

He is in a studio with Jonathan Lemire .

The plan was to have Trump declare a National Security emergency to stay in power.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

NY Gov Hochul is implementing a mask mandate indoors.

Joe said people are still getting Covid but deaths are declining. Joe said hospitals know how to treat Covid.

Joe forgot that viewers have access to the data.

The 7 day moving average of deaths has risen from 877 per day on Nov 28th to 1,200 on Dec 12th .

Luckily viewers don't have to rely on Morning Joe for any facts with respect to the Coronavirus.  

Joe bashed Peter Navarro for defying the subpoena from the Jan 6th committee.

Mika struggled to read Clyburns comments on Navarro.

She botched the pronunciation of the world compelled and said he was combelled . Combelled  is not a word in the English language.

I am baffled that the network doesn’t force Mika to learn how to read a Teleprompter without errors after nearly 15  years of co hosting this show.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
On 12/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, Kemper said:

I saw that blurb, too. Mediaite! Where actual news goes to die.

I learned of Mediaite from this very forum.   I look at it just once a day, in the afternoon while eating a late lunch.   It's a bit like TMZ for politics.   In the past years it has gone all in on covering every word that comes out of Tucker Carlson's mouth but I don't click on those.   (I saw the Mika story, didn't look at that either.)  The pieces I do read are usually okay but then I make the mistake of starting to read the Comments section.   That's invariably when I abruptly close out the window.

5 hours ago, oakville said:

At 6 10 am, Mika said a retarded/ retired army colonel met with Meadows. Mika  shouldn't refer to people a retarded because they retired.

Did she actually make that mistake?  Really wish I had seen that.

(In case anyone's wondering, I went cold turkey off this show months ago and don't miss it in the least.)

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, millennium said:

IDid she actually make that mistake?  Really wish I had seen that.

(In case anyone's wondering, I went cold turkey off this show months ago and don't miss it in the least.)

Yes. She said retarded then realized that was wrong, so she added retired. 

On 12/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, Lowcountry snark said:

Mika and Joe had fun dunking on Facebook and social media this morning.  Soooo smugly sanctimonious.  "Why do no executive silicon valley parents let their children have screen time?  Why are they ok with mid-Americans having screen time?"  False equivalent strawman exaggerated lie much, Joe?  You asshole.  You're an asshole but I don't blame TV for it.  I blame you for being an asshole, and myself for giving your sales people inventory to sell.

Mika has apparently decided to brand herself as a one-woman anti-social-media crusader. She drags every conversation back to "kids on Instagram!!" and it is super annoying.

saying a retarded general instead of retired.  

I heard that and could not believe my ears. I was sure I had imagined it. Clearly, I did not.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

saying a retarded general instead of retired.  

I heard that and could not believe my ears. I was sure I had imagined it. Clearly, I did not.

This is so awful. A bit of humility would go a long way. Experienced and confident news people, really all people, know that when one misspeaks, a quick, "Forgive me" followed by the correct word is required and expected. To just storm through the error without acknowledging it shows her arrogance, and frankly, her incompetence.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

This is so awful. A bit of humility would go a long way. Experienced and confident news people, really all people, know that when one misspeaks, a quick, "Forgive me" followed by the correct word is required and expected. To just storm through the error without acknowledging it shows her arrogance, and frankly, her incompetence.  

I am baffled by her repeated errors in reading the TelePrompter.

Does she need new contact lenses  ?

Is there a problem with the TelePrompter ?

Why does she struggle to read relatively easy words ?

This didn't happen as much before she married Joe.

It is very frustrating to watch the how when she does this. I also get annoyed when Joe makes factual errors about statistics  because he is so enamored with repeating his talking points.

• Love 3

Tuesday mini recap.

Joe is in Florida. Willie is back with Mika , Barnicle, Katty Kay in the NY Studio

The first topic is the January 6th insurrection.

Joe is mad at Trump for not stopping the insurrection.

Joe made fun of everyone at Fox News that texted Meadows to tell trump to top the riots.

Katty Kay looks very different today. No glasses , blonder hair, fuller lips with light red lipstick.
 She looks about 10 year younger than last week. Is it the lighting in the studio ?

Could she be auditioning for a full time job at MSNBC ?

Hugo Lowell from the Guardian is the returning guest.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Eddie Glaude is also in the studio which has glamor shots of Mika & Joe in the background.

Eddie is upset that Trump tried to overthrow the election.

Barnicle is worried about people not caring about the investigation.

• Love 2

Mika & Barnicle made fun of Donald trump Jr not being able to reach his dad on the day of the insurrection.

Joe pushed back & said he may have texted his dad, but Trump's phone messages were not disclosed. It was Meadows text messages that were disclosed.

Joe said people defecated on the Congress floors & people attacked the police.

Kentucky is a mess from the Tornado.

Mika wore her librarian cardigan with black top . She wears this often & is an upgrade from her bath robe.

• Love 3

Joe is furious at Gorsuch. Joe is mad at his relative sending him the reports of aborted cells.

Joe said he knew there was no  link.

Joe read the list of medications that contain the cells. It was a prudent move to protect Mika from having to read the names of medications which contain multiple syllables.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Stravidis said the odds of Putin invading Ukraine are dropping. The USA could implement sanctions.

Joe said the USA could beat Russia in a war in Ukraine. 

Donny Deutsh wandered in the background glass. He will talk about branding.

Katty looks stunning today while interviewing Stravidis.

Donny wandered back in the background . It looks like he is trying to find the door to the studio.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Barnicle said Trump is doing a Vegas style comedy act by aying he got along with Kim Jong Un.

Barnicle is surprised that people laugh at Trump. Barnicle forgot that he used to enjoy attending Trump rallies in the 2016 primaries . He loved the spectacle.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Eliot said:

Mika has apparently decided to brand herself as a one-woman anti-social-media crusader. She drags every conversation back to "kids on Instagram!!" and it is super annoying.

Her anti-social-media-crusade is her new too-professional-to talk about-Paris Hilton crusade. I’m not sure even Meeka can keep a straight face when talking about KYV anymore.

• Love 5

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Katty Kay looks very different today. No glasses , blonder hair, fuller lips with light red lipstick.
 She looks about 10 year younger than last week. Is it the lighting in the studio ?

Could she be auditioning for a full time job at MSNBC ?

I wonder if she is scheduled to be one of the guest-hosts for The 11th hour?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe called Justice Gorsuch stupid for opposing vaccines because they contain abortion derived fetal cell lines.

i'm not sure but I don't think they contain them at all? I'm seriously worried about how incredibly bad they are at explaining this, bc i did not understand it at all, and I really tried, i don't even know what they mean by lines and cell generations and whaaa...? 🥴 Was it just me? yes, I got that it's a crazy-ass conspiracy that's been weirdly coopted by grown-ass supreme court judges who should know better but the way they explained it was not clarifying at all, and they didn't give any kind of thing or sentence to respond with when faced with this word salad conspiracy in conversation, which is what we need 

15 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I wonder if she is scheduled to be one of the guest-hosts for The 11th hour?

oh my god! do you think? this would literally be amazing. Katty would be so good at that, she does have a BriWi kind of vibe, veteran journalist, on point but with subtle shade etc

• Love 3

Nice to see a bunch of people sitting around a table, messy with starbucks cups, electronics, newspapers,  even Katty's purse, having an organic discussion unencumbered by satellite delay.

• Love 8