Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika reported that President Biden received a new German Shepard named Commander.

Mika discussed her family's love of that breed of dog. One dog will be moving to Poland.

Mika is worried about the Biden's new cat not getting along with the German Shepard.

Major , the dog biting in the White House will not be living there anymore & transferred to a family friend.

Mika wants a rescue kitty for the White House.

At 6 35 am , Mika botched the name of Ayman Mohadin into something incomprehensible She called him Moladeal & Mulladin . This is weird.

Ayman was a regular guest on Morning Joe & hosted Way Too Early.

I think I will stop recapping now after watching for 40 minutes.

I hope Mika gets a few sessions with a coach who can teach her to enunciate the names of various MSNBC hosts & contributors.

• Love 3

I miss you guys! But I just cannot lately. 

We have an insurrection and a new variant but let's lead with a new ambassador to a country we never talk about (maybe Mika can get Georgette Mosbacher for a KYV tour). Speaking of an insurrection - it's ok bc someone on tour w/Bill O'Reilly mentioned they got a booster (they are determined to promote the other guy at every turn). Also, I'm fairly certain Mika said "omacrunt" about 2 weeks ago and it's still ticking me off.

5 hours ago, Rickster said:

I feel compelled to point out that some recent morning, Katty was in the Washington studio as part of a group discussion, the camera pulled back as they  went to break, and I was shocked, shocked to see that she was wearing jeans.

I saw that! And she had a (v expensive, I believe) purse wide open next to her, like she was in a busy-busy business-casual Nordstrom ad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I miss you guys! But I just cannot lately. 

We have an insurrection and a new variant but let's lead with a new ambassador to a country we never talk about (maybe Mika can get Georgette Mosbacher for a KYV tour). Speaking of an insurrection - it's ok bc someone on tour w/Bill O'Reilly mentioned they got a booster (they are determined to promote the other guy at every turn). Also, I'm fairly certain Mika said "omacrunt" about 2 weeks ago and it's still ticking me off.

I saw that! And she had a (v expensive, I believe) purse wide open next to her, like she was in a busy-busy business-casual Nordstrom ad.

Mika & Joe must be praying every night that former President Trump announces that he is running for President again in 2024. He is their best hope to get their contract demands met.

At the very least, Joe will be very happy if the GOP takes over the House & Senate in 2022.

Joe will already have several monologues ready to go. He will blame Democrats for being too woke & tell many analogies of how he got elected to Congress in 1994.

Joe will replay his riffs on "Moscow Mitch" & feign outrage over any action that a GOP led  congress takes. 

MSNBC does better in ratings when the GOP is in power, so Joe will ask for rating bonuses in his new contract.

The network should play hardball with him because he has nowhere else to go. He doesn't write for the Washington Post anymore. He needs the TV appearances to sell his next book.

His music career is struggling. He was rebuffed in his attempt to work with Paul McCartney on a new album.

I am curious as to why Mika has stopped cry reading the daily news about the Coronavirus.

There were over 180K cases & 1,800 deaths in the country today, but you wouldn't know it from watching Morning Joe.

I remember recapping her meltdowns when the pandemic started. She was outraged that hospitals were allowing patients with Coronavirus to be anywhere near her when she took her mom for tests at the hospital.

Joe sounds like he works for the NY tourism bureau when he brags about restaurants being full.

I am sympathetic to Katty Kay. She gave up a prestigious job at the BBC to work for a start up, Ozy Media which turned out to be a disaster. She can't make that much money as an MSNBC contributor, so I hope they offer her a full time job on the network.

• Love 3

chick b - your post is spot on; sadly, I have about thrown in the towel on this show, too. KYV rearing it’s irrelevant head, the egos and smugness of The Twins, the staleness of the show and regulars (Barnicle, Donny D, Lemire, etc.), the alleged salary demand. Diva hosts are to be expected sometimes if a program is successful; but the network seems to think The Twins are untouchable. They think so, too.

But Oakville - you are one of the reasons I just can’t quit it completely! 

• Love 8

Took a glance at the top of the show to see Mika swimming in the gray version of the Obi Bathrobi and either a young and quite surprised looking Elise or maybe Katty with a startled look. This was my first viewing of her new face.  Why do they do that? Didn't Mika do a whole thing on accepting yourself as-is a few years back? Bad Katty. Breaking away from the KYV tenets and all. (Though I doubt Mika followed her own rules, either.)

I can't watch the show at all. I depend on this site to tell me my decision was a wise one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I'm off work today but i tuned in early bc I thought maybe they would do a Christmas shoooow. Didn't they used to do these pre-DJT on like the 23rd or 24th December

sQKouh.gif

i'm so bummed I never got to catch one of these specials live before we entered teh dark times. I never even got to see Joe's Epic Christmas Vest

WiVjyd.gif

*sad violins*

oh well, at least mayor muriel is coming on later!!

ETA: sometimes i can't believe it's actually the same show and the same people. since the old one maybe isn't coming back ever it seems, i almost wish they would make a new one exactly like this

Edited by neona2
  • Love 5

I dropped in on the show for the first time in ages and heard Joe say “yes, dear” and one call the other “sweetie” and Mika in a bathrobe! I know you’ve all discussed it but seeing it is a shock. 

Have they gotten more self-satisfied? What is this anymore other than “At Home with Joe & Mika?”  What a weird place this show has become. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, may flowers said:

I dropped in on the show for the first time in ages and heard Joe say “yes, dear” and one call the other “sweetie” and Mika in a bathrobe! I know you’ve all discussed it but seeing it is a shock. 

Have they gotten more self-satisfied? What is this anymore other than “At Home with Joe & Mika?”  What a weird place this show has become. 

It's unusual for a show that 's mission is to discuss politics, but I do like the segment at the end of many shows where Mika makes a list of chores for Joe to do after the show ends. Thursday is Recycling day at their home & Mika makes sure that Joe puts his empty hair gel tubes in the blue box.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, neona2 said:

I'm off work today but i tuned in early bc I thought maybe they would do a Christmas shoooow. Didn't they used to do these pre-DJT on like the 23rd or 24th December

WiVjyd.gif

ETA: sometimes i can't believe it's actually the same show and the same people. since the old one maybe isn't coming back ever it seems, i almost wish they would make a new one exactly like this

Yes. A new one with new hosts!  I know this clip is from years ago; but Joe would look so much better (and probably younger) with the shorter-clipped hair like he sported back then. Also probably Back When He Was In Congress. 🤓

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Mika’s rhetorical problems extend beyond the Teleprompter. Today, she lamented the healthcare workers who have “beared the brunt” of the coronavirus crisis. She wasn’t reading anything; just all-around bad grammar.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

Mika was wearing a black sweater today which was an improvement over the bathrobe she wore yesterday.

Mika was in a good mood today & did not make any mistakes in the first 30 minutes of the show.

Joe was either wearing extra dark makeup or has been getting a tan by being outside in Florida.

The theme of today's show was defending Joe Biden. Joe repeated several times that Biden was able to get the USPS, FedEx & UPS to deliver packages on time between 97-99%.

Joe tried to imitate  President Trump's accent but it was a bust.

Joe said Biden should tout his accomplishments more often.

Joe said President Obama failed to promote his accomplishments when he was President whereas Trump bragged about anything good that happened when he was in the White House even though he had nothing to do with it.

Joe was mad at Republicans who said things are on the wrong track when they are doing well on a personal level.

Mika was happy that her brother Ian who is is a Republican agreed to sit behind her brother during his confirmation hearings. Ian is an intimidating figure.

Mika wished her brother Ian a Happy Birthday

Mika showed pictures of her brothers families with Bamba.

Joe said people that aren't vaccinated are dying at a faster rate now.

Joe admitted that there breakthrough infections with people that have had 3 doses of the vaccine.

Joe said NYC is open for business & booming.

• Love 2

Today's show is a repeat of interviews that Mika & Joe did earlier this year. Joe made sure to tell viewers that it was pre taped.

Catching up with yesterdays show, there was a segment on Senator Ted Cruz being interviewed by a child about running for President in 2024.

Cruz said the GOP traditionally picks the previous runner up as the nominee in  the next election.

He said Reagan, Bush, McCain & Romney were the runner ups before they became the nominee.

After the clip, Mika made a Pikachu face & Joe took over.

Barnicle was a special guest. He is upset that Biden is getting blamed for high inflation, the Coronavirus & the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Biden is more likely to run again if Trump is his opponent.

Peter Baker interviewed Trump & is not convinced that he will run again in 24.

Trump likes the attention & the money he makes as a potential future candidate.

Joe said Trump knows he has to get the Biden Youngkin voters back to win.

There are many reliable Republican voters that won't vote for Trump.

Joe said no one regrets voting for Biden.

Baker admitted that the GOP did better than expected in Congress in 2020.

Bker said Biden can't announce that he isn't running again because he would be a lame duck.

Joe said when Morning Joe started in 2007 the front runners were Rudy Guiliani & Hillary Clinton. 

• Love 1

Joe let Mika rant about the January 6th insurrection.

Joe said Republicans aren't concerned about Jan 6. It's not a top polling issue.

Joe is upset that people care more about Omicron & Inflation than the Jan 6th investigation.

• Love 1

The show was live at 8 am. Mika let Daniela Bravo do a segment on immigration reform.

Daniela looks great & did the report without any errors. she is a Morning Joe reporter.

She could be a replacement for Kasie !

16 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was happy that her brother Ian who is is a Republican agreed to sit behind her brother during his confirmation hearings. Ian is an intimidating figure.

Mika wished her brother Ian a Happy Birthday

Mika showed pictures of her brothers families with Bamba.

This kind of chatter bores me to death. Disgraceful that this is all she's got. (Well, besides the stale old KYV crap.) Her family's business is of no interest. At least she doesn't involve her daughters anymore. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

This kind of chatter bores me to death. Disgraceful that this is all she's got. (Well, besides the stale old KYV crap.) Her family's business is of no interest. At least she doesn't involve her daughters anymore. 

It's interesting that she stopped talking about her daughters. I recall she used to bring up on a regular basis her daughters support for various political candidates.

I guess Carlee's endorsement of Mayor Pete did not help him clinch the nomination but probably encouraged Joe Biden to nominate him as Secretary of Transportation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Catching up with the Wednesday Dec  show. Mika is wearing another bathrobe. Katty Kay looks very different with new lipstick & eybrows.

Has Katty had more plastic surgery done ?

Katty is introduced as a best selling author.

Joe is happy that Mayor Elect Adams is cancelling his inauguration party.

Joe isn't worried about Omicron.

Lemire said there are no refrigirator trucks outside hospitals. Morgues aren't full.

• Love 1

Katty said that they are reducing the quarantine period to 7 day from 10 days.

Joe repeats Katty's talking points.

Joe pounded the table that people should be working after 7 days if they are vaxxed & boosted.

Rattner has omicron.

Mika admitted that she isn't a doctor. Mika wants more people to be vaccinated.

• Love 2

Joe said it is easier to get a booster shot in Florida than a slurpee.

Joe wished everyone a Merry Christmas.

Mika said Omicron is bad for the unvaccinated.

Biden thanked President Trump for developing the vaccine.

Joe said he told Trump to embrace the vaccines.

Joe said Trump correctly picked the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines.

Joe said the Europeans picked bad vaccines.

Lemire said that Trump should have touted the vaccines in his last days in office.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2021 at 4:06 AM, may flowers said:

I had to laugh a couple of weeks ago when Joe was calling Mika “my Margaret”.  It was…sweet? 

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I see that Joe got a story on Mediaite. So was the show live today with both Twins?

I passed by at the top of the show and caught Mika (apparently in the Bathrobi from my faraway perch) and Fleecy Joe with the usual panel, highlighted by Katty, who looked less startled with glasses on. I was gone in a click so no telling how the show progressed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I passed by at the top of the show and caught Mika (apparently in the Bathrobi from my faraway perch) and Fleecy Joe with the usual panel, highlighted by Katty, who looked less startled with glasses on. I was gone in a click so no telling how the show progressed.

Bathrobi! Love it. On The Young and the Restless, Victor used to wear a black t-shirt when he wanted to box or wipe the floor with guys 50-years his junior. It is fondly remembered as the Black T-shirt of Virility.  Meeka’s drape should be called The Shawl of Shameless Self-Promotion. A prop, like the old Unitarian Scarves. Sadly, they look like couture compared to The Shawl.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm watching late on my iPad bc I'm stuck in what I can only describe as Seven Circles of Omicron Travel Hell (although I also support and am grateful for all public health measures etc etc buuut man oh man it's been and Odyssey getting back from a freakin short-ass trip home 🥴)

i'm a bit confused because I'm pretty sure today is a rerun, they are all looking identical and wearing the same outfits as Wednesday, they all look the same? and I think the Christmas discussion was trolling. Katty just said something about bubble wrap, and Mika just went awol for like an hour?

Edited by neona2
  • Love 3

Mini recap with beer.

Joe asked Mika how her Christmas was. She is wearing a bathrobe.Joe is wearing a Fleece Top with his name on it.

Joe said his mom used to stitch his name in his clothes so that his older brother wouldn't wear them by accident.

Mika spent Christmas with Joe.

Katty got a new white sweater for Christmas. They are reducing the heating in her house due to climate change. Her son has Covid & they put bubble wrap between the front & back seats. Katty's servants had the day off.

Rev Al fed some homeless people with Mayor Elect Adams & gave them Covid tests.

Lemire gave his kids some gifts & covid tests. They got a Red Sox Jersey.

Joe didn't ask for gifts. Joe got a Beattles book & white exercise socks.

No word on a contract extension from MSNBC.

Mika gave him orange overalls for a Lobster boat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Katty' sister lives in Morocco. Katty's husband is Scottish & his family has Omicron.

Joe's sources said Omicron is annoying but no one is on a ventilator.

Trump is pro booster. Trump supporters are upset.

Infections are no longer a key metric. Focus on death & hospitalization.

11 minutes ago, neona2 said:

I'm watching late on my iPad bc I'm stuck in what I can only describe as Seven Circles of Omicron Travel Hell (although I also support and am grateful for all public health measures etc etc buuut man oh man it's been and Odyssey getting back from a freakin short-ass trip home 🥴)

i'm a bit confused because I'm pretty sure today is a rerun, they are all looking identical and wearing the same outfits as Wednesday, they all look the same? and I think the Christmas discussion was trolling. Katty just said something about bubble wrap, and Mika just went awol for like an hour?

It's a live show today.

• Love 3

Joe supports reducing the isolation time for Covid to 5 days.

The CDC agreed with Joe & issued a revised isolation time.

Joe is so powerful !

They played a clip of Trump & Candace Owens.

Trump recommends getting the vaccines.

Joe is mad at Alex Jones.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

There is a study that shows that women that exercise drink more alcohol.

Mika was confused by the study. She loves running & splurges on leaves & twigs.

Mika did not discus her alcohol consumption.

Katty said people feel good about exercising but she likes wine. She runs  miles per day.

Mika runs 5 miles per day to the liquor store & back.

• LOL 4

At 7 am, Joe said Mika lives in a Comcast condo & loves the South of France.

Mika is now off today . This is bizarre. Mika was there from 6-7 am. Why is Joe pretending that she wasn't on the show earlier ?

Lemire doesn't like the Bufflo Bills.

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's a live show today.

yeah, I think you're right Oakville. it's just me being tired. 🥴

After traveling I actually agree a lil with what Joe said before about the abysmal testing availability here. My foreign-ass mom had a whole bathroom cabinet full of at-home-tests. and she's definitely not a hoarder or drug dealer or anything (i don't think).  Luckily i was negative so i didn't have to be bubble wrapped, hilariously I kinda did Katty's kids' thingy except in reverse, heh, I mean not exactly geographically, but similar in being an Odyssean journey just to hug my mom *cries* but it was worth it.

Also for me at least, traveling-wise everything was easier and smoother and more polite and less expensive on the other side, i'm sorry but it's true. I say this with love. But also I'm happy to be back and tired and now going to sleep agggh. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Also much love to Katty's bubble wrapped kids, I feel your Travel Hell Pain

i hope Lemire didn't spend Christmas sleeping under the 30 rock desk. And if he did, I hope he at least took the elevator up on Christmas Day to teh awful over-priced douchey tourist bar and had a drink. (Is that still there, i'm not sure.)

I love how the entire panel was totally shocked that moderate drinking is healthy. Moderation being the actual key word... hasn't that been a sciency thing for like hundreds of years? 

• Love 2

oh man, Joe just legit apologized to the people who, back in the day, Used to Think Mika WAS ACTUALLY IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *tears out hair*

who.... seriously, *who*?

i miss when this was a show where everyone just assumed the audience was smart

aaaaand if people were watching who weren't smart, it was assumed that eventually they might catch up on their own, without the rest of us having to sit thru boring catching-up repetitive "we're on tape" dull-ass shit to get their inane asses up to speed.

and the smart people were the main valued viewers, instead of the trolls.... and the tedious unhealthy 0.0001% of viewers troll cycle dynamic didn't skew and dominate every creative happy aspect of everything, just to perpetuate the trollery instead of celebrating positive healthy life-affirming stuff for ordinary humans....

siiiiigh

//jetlag. Definitely going to sleep now

• Useful 1

Ed Luce, in Gray, in front of a Gray backdrop with his parents' dusty furniture, performing the role of a Jaded Extra in Carey Mulligan's An Education:

Joe: Ed Luce, how was Christmas?

Ed: It was traditional. I'm in England. It was continually raining, and the light was practically non-existent. And we're *enshrouded* in fog. 

-----> omg, this honest shit is literally all I waaaaaant. He's ridiculous and terrible on tee vee and yet I love his poetic honest ass. I'm honestly surprised he's English and not Irish, that would make a lot more sense 

Edited by neona2
  • Love 3

The show covered the controversy of the caller who said " Let's go Brandon " to President Biden & Dr Jill. Joe said it was rude to say that to the President.

Mika reappeared at 8 30 am. The show was live from 8-8:30 am, so perhaps Mika forgot to come back.

I have no clue what happened today. Joe is usually the one to disappear in the middle of the show.

Joe supports a new national plan for Alzheimer & Dementia.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

What did they say about the guy who swore to the President on a Christmas call where Joe Biden was wishing that guy's kids Merry Christmas?   I wanted to see that.  How outraged was Joe?  Was Steve Schmidt on?

Joe said it was very rude for the guy to swear at the President after he wished him a Merry Christmas. Joe said his parents taught him to be polite & not swear at the President. Joe said that Trump is an exception to that rule.

Schmidt was not on the show. He hasn't been on much since the Lincoln Project scandals.

During the 2020 campaign, he did promise to invite Mika & Joe to the luxury home he had purchased. The parts of the property that could be seen when he was a guest were beautiful.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Mini recap.

Mika & Joe are off. Willie & Katty Kay are co hosting. Lemire is also on set.

Sentor Claire is a guest. She has Christmas cookies in the background. She was sad that Harry Reid died. He lacked charisma but was an effective Senate Majority Leader. He was a good boxer.

Heidi Pryzbala showed up in a Red Riding Hood coat.

She looks great & said that schools are trying to stay open but kids that test positive will have to stay at home.

It's relaxing to watch a show with competent professionals rather than cringing at verbal flubs by Mika & getting annoyed at Joe's rants.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, oakville said:

Mini recap.

Mika & Joe are off. Willie & Katty Kay are co hosting. Lemire is also on set.

Sentor Claire is a guest. She has Christmas cookies in the background. She was sad that Harry Reid died. He lacked charisma but was an effective Senate Majority Leader. He was a good boxer.

Heidi Pryzbala showed up in a Red Riding Hood coat.

She looks great & said that schools are trying to stay open but kids that test positive will have to stay at home.

It's relaxing to watch a show with competent professionals rather than cringing at verbal flubs by Mika & getting annoyed at Joe's rants.

Does Jonathan Lemire have a bed at 30 Rock?  He has been on every show throughout the day.  I realize it's vacation time, but still.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Does Jonathan Lemire have a bed at 30 Rock?  He has been on every show throughout the day.  I realize it's vacation time, but still.

Maybe he shares a dorm room with Kornacki.

• LOL 7

I don’t know why the fact that MJ being a rerun today is making me ridiculously angry. No one was available to host? Rerunning a “news” show on an alleged “news” network is inexcusable. I went to CNN to catch up on what happened, news-wise, overnight in this country, in the world. 

To be honest, I think the reason it makes me crazy is because it would seem (to me) that Joe could hold sway on the network programming. 

Edited by Kemper
Fixed last paragraph
  • Love 2