Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

"Omachrome" .... "They give us those nice, bright colors, give us the green of summers" ... yada yada ... "so mama don't take my Kodachrome away" - Meeka was channeling her inner Simon and Garfunkle.  Am I the only one who remembers the lyrics to this song? Mr. Kemper wanted it to be played at his Irish Wake. Alas, Covid....

• Love 7

What was that noise?  I woke up to Mika making sounds that only dogs could hear. And she ended her rant with “they are floating around the very bottom.”  

Edited by freddi

I always enjoy David Frum - his insights are spot on and so interesting. From what I saw, Joe steamrolled the entire thing.

Now I see Joe and others are sitting in a studio together discussing The Beatles documentary. Adult son is taping it for me so we can watch - so looking forward to it. I should enjoy the Pee Wee’s club discussing it; and I do. Joe leads, as usual;  it it is nice to see a discussion that is not political. All involved are so enthused that it rubs off. Meeka, thankfully, is not present. I guess there were no female Beatles fans available to sit at the table.  I do not want to hear much about Yoko; when she sings all I hear is Screeching Harpy. Bless her heart.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, freddi said:

What was that noise?  I woke up to Mika making sounds that only dogs could hear.

Well, per Kemper's post, maybe it was actually Yoko. 😁

I tried to watch today but had to click off immediately upon seeing the name Trump on the chyron. It never f'ing ends with these two.

• Love 3

Today's show from the Beatles onwards was great.  Everyone was genuinely enthusiastic.  A great segment.
Followed by a harrowing segment by David Brooks where he had a chance to speak thoroughly about complicated topics without interruptions:
'The Terrifying Future of the American Right'
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/scary-future-american-right-national-conservatism-conference/620746/

And earlier David Frum was good but Joe stepped all over him.  Joe was mellower and more genial after the Beatles discussion.  But it may have been pre-taped? 
Mika led the next segment immediately after the Beatles with a totally different energy.  Lack of energy to be more precise.  Thank goodness all parties involved knew to keep her away from the guy from Rolling Stone and the Beatles.

• Love 3

Joe’s Phrase of the Day: Virtue Signaling.  So are The Twins in the same studio? I have been in and out and saw Joe with his buds sitting around the table; Meeka’s few contributions seemed to be from somewhere remote. I figured she was in Florida. Next time I tuned in she was sitting around a table and chatting with what appeared to be guests. I had to run an errand ..so didn’t see who she was talking to. If they are in the same studio…then we have entered into something so very odd. Who knows, maybe she was interviewing her guests remotely and I just didn’t look/listen long enough to tell the difference.

• Love 1

Wednesday mini recap.

Joe is in a studio. Mika is in Florida Elise Jordan is wearing a winter coat.

The Mississippi abortion law will be heard at the SC. Elise said the lawyers in MS aren't good so they will lose the case.

Joe said the SC will listen to public opinion polls & not overturn Roe vs Wade.

Joe said his hair was a mess. Mika asked the staff to put more hairspray. 

Lemire said Joe shouldn't travel alone.

Roberts won't change the law.

Joe said there is a 50 year precedent for the current law.

Sharpton said people will get abortions no matter what the courts say.

• Love 1

Joe said Congressman Ronny Jackson is lying to his own constituents. he was Trump's Doctor.

Willie said that Conservatives that voted for Trump because of pro life judges.

Mika has a new makeup artist.

Mika is upset at Lauren Boebert for making anti muslim comments.

Mika reported on a twitter fight between Republicans.

• Love 1

Elise called Lauren a nutbag. Elise said they should read bills.

Joe called her a fascist.

Joe said Congresswoman Mace was raped  in a high school & a drug addict but went to Citadel.

The camera angles are showing Joe's Starbucks bag. Joe is wearing pants & socks for this special occasion.

Joe said people in the suburbs wants lower taxes & tougher police but opposed to crazies.

McCarthy can't control the caucus. Why won't he listen to Joe ?

Joe said he needs the crazies to be Speaker of the House.

• Love 1

Mika was outraged at Boebert. Mika played a clip of the death threat that Omr received.

Mika's voice broke.

Joe said he was mad at  Trump for calling him a murderer. Joe had to pay for security around his home during the Trump administration.

Joe's neighbors were upset with all the extra security.

Joe said too many people have tinfoil hats.

Steve Scalise was shot playing baseball. by a Sanders supporter when Trump was President.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

There was a school shooting in Michigan. 3 students were killed.

Sentor Chris Murphy is mad at the GOP for not supporting gun control. He is opposed to kids having guns in schools.

Joe support background checks & tougher regulation on AR 15's .

Joe & Mika grew up in gun owning homes. Joe's kids can't access his guns.

Joe blamed the NRA.

• Love 2

Mika struggled with the word Omicron. It's not Omacron. 

Joe made fun of people worried about Omicron. Joe told people to relax.

Joe drank something from his Morning Joe mug.

Joe made fun of Yankees fans for wanting Gary Sanchez to stay with the Yankees. Joe said he was a lazy catcher.

Joe is in the NY studio & started doing baseball moves. Joe may bring a bat & glove to the next show.

• Love 2

Joe is upset that the Red Sox aren't signing good players.

An aging Steve Rattner appeared.

Joe wants the supply chains fixed.

There are less ships waiting in Long Beach. The ports are operating 24/7.

Joe said the USA needs more truckers.

• Love 2

Joe want higher taxes on corporations.

Joe want more taxes on billionaires.

Joe said Mika was in an undisclosed location. Mika said she was in Washington.

Mika told Joe to stay in NY.

Katty Kay joined Mika in Washington. She looks amazing with her glasses & grey sweater.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe was very mad at the smash & grabs in stores. Joe blamed permissive DA's for letting crime happen.

Joe ranted against woke DA's & attacks on the Capitol.

Joe said he was an American exceptionalist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe blamed Trump for allowing attackers to throw feces on the Capitol walls.

It may have been Ramona from RHONY , who has a history of poor bowel control.

Joe called Meadows a wimp & that Trump had taken steroids or pills & was wild on the debate night because he had Covid.

Joe started pounding the table.

Joe said he had lunch with Mark Meadows & urged him to be more Conservative & stop deficits.

Joe called Mark during the election campaign & told him to be responsible .

Everyone is afraid of Trump.

Elie said that Trump had reckless sexual behavior. Joe said he never discussed sexual behavior with Trump.

Trump doesn't like germs. Trump could have infected Biden.

Joe said the Trump family was virtue signalling by not wearing a mask at the debate.

Joe supports vaccination for people flying on planes.

Joe supports mandates.

Joe was curious about over dose prevention centers from Bill DeBlasio.

Joe said he lived in upstate NY for many years.

There will be needle exchanges.

Joe called Katty a cosmopolitan European. Katty was not amused.

Katty wants people to wear masks in stores. Katty's servants wear masks when they are cleaning her home.

We still wear masks in all indoor places here in Ontario.

Di Blasio wants to run for Governor.

Mika correctly pronounced the surgeon general's name.

OK , that's all for now. I have to go walk my 2 Pugs who are giving me dirty looks.

• Love 4

Oakville - if Meeka was in Florida, did I hallucinate her sitting at a table with a couple of other people (women, I think) and chatting?  I am dog sitting - Mr. Pup could NOT wait for me to linger over MJ.  He had more important duties on his mind - leash, fresh air and a tree.

7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville - if Meeka was in Florida, did I hallucinate her sitting at a table with a couple of other people (women, I think) and chatting?  I am dog sitting - Mr. Pup could NOT wait for me to linger over MJ.  He had more important duties on his mind - leash, fresh air and a tree.

I thought Mika was in Florida because she wasn't at the table with Joe  but it turns out she was in Washington with Katty Kay & Senator Gillenbrand & Congresman Adam Schiff

My Pugs have not yet adapted to the time change so they ask for walks by 4 pm rather than 5 pm.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Wednesday mini recap.

Joe is in a studio. Mika is in Florida Elise Jordan is wearing a winter coat.

The Mississippi abortion law will be heard at the SC. Elise said the lawyers in MS aren't good so they will lose the case.

Joe said the SC will listen to public opinion polls & not overturn Roe vs Wade.

Joe said his hair was a mess. Mika asked the staff to put more hairspray. 

Lemire said Joe shouldn't travel alone.

Roberts won't change the law.

Joe said there is a 50 year precedent for the current law.

Sharpton said people will get abortions no matter what the courts say.

Far be it from me to correct Oakville, but I believe Mika made a big deal of being in Washington D.C. this morning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

An aging Steve Rattner appeared.

Ha! This was the ONLY part of the show I caught, while clicking down to CNBC. I was shocked at his appearance compared to the last time I saw him...I remember remarking then how ridiculous he looked with such dark hair...maybe he read my comment. He looked his age today with a more natural "aging" hair color.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Far be it from me to correct Oakville, but I believe Mika made a big deal of being in Washington D.C. this morning.

You are correct. It looked like she was alone in Florida at first but then there was a segment with Katty Kay & 2 Senators around a table.

It could be the same table that Chuck Todd uses for Meet The Press so it is a big honor for Mika to get access to that table.

Joe admitted in the first segment that his hair was a mess & Lemire said he shouldn't travel alone so I got confused.

There are unconfirmed reports that Mika would travel to NY this afternoon so she & Joe could light the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Ha! This was the ONLY part of the show I caught, while clicking down to CNBC. I was shocked at his appearance compared to the last time I saw him...I remember remarking then how ridiculous he looked with such dark hair...maybe he read my comment. He looked his age today with a more natural "aging" hair color.

He is 69 years old but looked frail in person today. I hope he doesn't have any medical issues.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So.  She and Joe are in Washington.  Together. In the same building? But they do not appear on screen together?  See, this is what makes me feel such animosity towards them. Maybe Meeka's bit was taped earlier (earlier than 6:00 am?) and she was out having coffee somewhere during most of the show. Katty Kay looks fabulous...the glasses add to it. I am surprised that Meeka hasn't tried them.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Kemper said:

So.  She and Joe are in Washington.  Together. In the same building? But they do not appear on screen together?  See, this is what makes me feel such animosity towards them. Maybe Meeka's bit was taped earlier (earlier than 6:00 am?) and she was out having coffee somewhere during most of the show. Katty Kay looks fabulous...the glasses add to it. I am surprised that Meeka hasn't tried them.

No. Mika was in Washington. Joe was in NY.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

No. Mika was in Washington. Joe was in NY.

Sorry.  I cannot keep it straight.  So I won't be so bitchy towards them/her.  Oddly, I thought Joe looked better this morning than he has for awhile; didn't notice anything different about his eyes.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sorry.  I cannot keep it straight.  So I won't be so bitchy towards them/her.  Oddly, I thought Joe looked better this morning than he has for awhile; didn't notice anything different about his eyes.

Joe told Mayor DiBlasio that he was excited to use his vaccine card to access NY restaurants.

Proof of vaccination to eat in restaurants is needed in NYC but not in Florida.

Joe appears to be happy to enjoy the NYC nightlife without Mika.

• Love 2

I think this morning's discussion regarding the possible overturn of Roe v Wade was one of the best I have heard on MJ.  Maya Wiley is simply wonderful; a compassionate, nuanced voice; even Joe let her speak.  Elise was very good, too; it was like they were truly sitting in their living rooms, with coffee, relaxing and  having a discussion among friends.  Meeka started it off (from her own location) by sort of  cry reading an entire editorial from....now I can't remember. The New Yorker?  Vanity Fair? It was written by a woman about  "both sides" of the abortion issue.  After she finished, most of the discussion went to the studio Joe was inhabiting; I think the difference was that I didn't see the Pee Wee regulars contributing; mostly it came from Joe, Maya and Elise.  I actually was riveted; now how often can we say this about an MJ discussion? At my house, the freezer in my new fridge finally froze over. In a good way. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Meeka started it off (from her own location) by sort of  cry reading an entire editorial from....now I can't remember. The New Yorker?  Vanity Fair? It was written by a woman about  "both sides" of the abortion issue.  After she finished, most of the discussion went to the studio Joe was inhabiting; I think the difference was that I didn't see the Pee Wee regulars contributing; mostly it came from Joe, Maya and Elise. 

Sorry I missed it. One thing, though...Meeks just read an intro article and didn't participate in the discussion about it? A true woman's issue that she should be able to discuss, being the champion of all things female, Queen of KYV? She had no input? Granted, yes, men are obviously involved but couldn't/wouldn't the FEMALE co-host actively engage in this??? Is she really that shallow and weak that even this topic is too intimidating for her??

Oh, and yes about the glasses...she tried them years ago, probably couldn't get her contacts in, and it was during the phase of very small, narrow lenses and they were really unattractive. It was a shame, too, because that was "picture day" at MSNBC apparently and they shot stills for MJ...really regrettable. I believe she also had on a blouse with either frilly sleeves or neckline...unflattering to say the least...it was a somewhat short-lived ad campaign.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Sorry I missed it. One thing, though...Meeks just read an intro article and didn't participate in the discussion about it? A true woman's issue that she should be able to discuss, being the champion of all things female, Queen of KYV? She had no input? Granted, yes, men are obviously involved but couldn't/wouldn't the FEMALE co-host actively engage in this??? Is she really that shallow and weak that even this topic is too intimidating for her??

Oh, and yes about the glasses...she tried them years ago, probably couldn't get her contacts in, and it was during the phase of very small, narrow lenses and they were really unattractive. It was a shame, too, because that was "picture day" at MSNBC apparently and they shot stills for MJ...really regrettable. I believe she also had on a blouse with either frilly sleeves or neckline...unflattering to say the least...it was a somewhat short-lived ad campaign.

I haven't seen today's show yet but Joe's political career started when he defended someone who killed a doctor that was performing abortions in Florida.

Joe is pro life & used to brag about polls  at the time showing more people supporting pro life positions. Mika would nod her head in agreement. This was done on a routine basis on their shows in the pre Trump era.

Joe is reluctant to disclose his views on the issue which is logical given that he would antagonize a majority of MSNBC viewers.

Joe's new position is to find polls that support the view that roe v Wade should not be overturned.

Mika's visit to Washington yesterday was to support her brother who is trying to get confirmed as Ambassador to Poland.

Mika & Joe would be able to visit Poland & stay for free at her brother's residence if he is confirmed. This would save them money. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Mika has been ripping Alec Baldwin about this tragedy.  I cant assume who is in the wrong here or responsible. But for Mika to be blasting someone with all her high and mightiness then to get huffy that Baldwin is responding to what he feels is misinformation is hypocritical.  When this is all investigated lets see where her highness stands.  Again maybe I am wrong but I dont think Baldwin did this with being prepped by an attorney. And to make it the lead story?  So now its a gossip show?

• Love 3

I didn’t see Meeka’s judgmental (and if she was true to form, hysterical) comments this morning.  But it got her a stand-alone picture and story on Mediaite. I love it when she goes something like this alone and tries to be Mika instead of Meeka.  Epic fail, you peroxided hypocrite. You are using your position right now to get yourself some mentions on a website that is basically a tabloid. 

How clueless and unaware is this woman? Who carried on with her boss/cohost while married?  On air. People in glass houses and all that. I don’t know why something as stupid as this enrages me. And I know I have an unreasonable animosity towards her;  more so than with Joe. But it can act like caffeine in my veins early in the morning. Kudos!

• Love 2

And they barely talked about the psycho kid whose psycho parents gave him a gun for Xmas that he used in school in Michigan.
Baldwin was the lead for each of the hours today.  This week they have spoken more about the tabloid nature of the Baldwin accident far, far more than the school shooting.

They had time to gossip about Meghan Duchess of Sussex though.

And this is irrelevant, but i HATE her thumbhole yoga-fabric-robe-thing.  She's in studio, hosting the United States' #1 non-propaganda morning new show, and she rolls into the DC studio wearing a yoga layer, t shirt, leggings, and brown high heel santa boots.  (I had to hit rewind a few times to make sense of those boots.  Couldn't make it make sense)

• Love 2

I didn’t see Meeka’s judgmental (and if she was true to form, hysterical) comments this morning.  But it got her a stand-alone picture and story on Mediaite. I love it when she goes something like this alone and tries to be Mika instead of Meeka.  Epic fail, you peroxided hypocrite. You are using your position right now to get yourself some mentions on a website that is basically a tabloid. 

"Peroxidated hypocrite !" This is hilarious.

Mika & Joe must be desperate for a year end ratings bonus. I read that Joe was coming up with new personal insults for some Republican members of Congress Apparently he called Senator Cotton a pencil neck geek & compared Senator Hawley to a bird.

Mika & Joe would make excellent parents for a remake of the Mean Girls movie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I have not understood why MJ has been giving the Rust shooting top billing since it happened, but I appreciated that both Mika and Willie were uncomfortable with the Baldwin interview. Baldwin doesn't have any idea what happened - he just knows it wasn't his fault. 

It was a bad approach for both him and ABC. 

• Love 6

peroxided hypocrite

I agree with Oakville, Kemper! I LOL'ed when I read this and all I could think of was what a great name for a band: The Peroxided Hypocrites! Or, perhaps Joe could write a love song to Meeka with this title! Classic.

I also agree 100% with this gossip mongering...I happened to catch some of it and all I could figure was this was an easy out for Meeks...no deep thought required; Miss I'm Not Reporting on Paris Hilton...what's next? Why and how Mike Pompeo has lost so much weight?

So, she's in D.C. to "support" her brother?! I'm sure her presence will sway the Advice and Consent of the Senate. Ugh.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

So, she's in D.C. to "support" her brother?! I'm sure her presence will sway the Advice and Consent of the Senate. Ugh.

There are unconfirmed reports that Mika would offer her prestigious KYV interviews to female Republican Senators over the age 50 in exchange for votes to confirm her brother.

Mika could also attend several cocktail parties for her brother & bring back Hors D'Ouevres for Joe.

Joe likes sausage rolls  & deviled eggs.

Longtime viewers remember Joe's stories about living in his office when he was in Congress to save money on high rental costs in DC. Joe would attend as many parties as he could in the evenings to get free food & drink.

• LOL 3

I saw that blurb, too. Mediaite! Where actual news goes to die. I think Meeka goes to events to support her brother (s?) just to make sure no one will ever forget what blood stock she comes from. I have become a horrible, embittered person. So I will take my lunch adventure with a friend to Small Talk. Hint: we each had one mimosa too many.

• Love 3