Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Rattner admitted that some of the projects aren't a good use of money. He complained about a high speed train in California & a project in Minnesota. He supports a new tunnel in NY .

Lemire said it was a win for Biden.

• Love 3

Joe was upset that 8 people died at the Travis Scott concert. Joe complained about General Admission tickets that allow access close to the stage.

Joe said that at his concerts at Prohibition they limit attendance to MSNBC insiders to everyone is well behaved & they don't rush the stage.

Gov Cuomo's arraignment was delayed . Mika said she knew there was a problem with these charges.

The Iraqi PM was nearly killed by drones.

Mika struggled with reading the word parliament.

• Love 3

Heather McGhee was allowed to speak at 6 39 am. This is bizarre. Why does she have to wait 39 minutes to speak?

Joe said Madisonian Democracy was saved by black women that voted for Biden.

Joe said the Congressional Black caucus saved Biden's bill.

Heather said Black women work hard .

McGhee demanded that Mancin put back paid leave in the bill.

Joe & Rev Al compared Bible verses about the rejected stone becoming a corner stone.

• Love 3

They opened today's show again with Stephanie's leap of impropriety.

Gonna be that guy and say that maybe with the recent history of this broadcasting group they don't want to keep advertising employees randomly wrapping their legs around each other?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

They opened today's show again with Stephanie's leap of impropriety.

Gonna be that guy and say that maybe with the recent history of this broadcasting group they don't want to keep advertising employees randomly wrapping their legs around each other?

Mika did complain to Joe in 2019 that he no longer had access to the MSNBC private jet after they gave it up their contract negotiations in in exchange for being allowed to work from their kitchen broadcast studio in Florida. Mika has been forced to fly commercial.

Stephanie has been linked to former MSNBC executive Andy Lack & the founder of UA.

Willie Geist is a rising star at MSNBC , so it would be a good idea to get close to Willie.

Morning Willie with Stephanie could be a new show at the network once Mika & Joe retires.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6730413/Under-Armour-CEO-Kevin-Plank-having-affair-MSNBC-host-Stephanie-Ruhle.html

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-host-suggests-stephanie-ruhles-relationships-with-men-helped-her-stand-out-while-job-searching/

• Love 2
16 hours ago, oakville said:

It's risky for Stephanie Ruhle to do that after the terrorist attack at the Boston marathon in 2013.

You’re right, it was actually pretty risky! I didn’t even think of that, duh.

I agree Bill Karins should’ve got more attention for being in the marathon, but Joe and Mika always used to make fun of him (to the point it was inappropriate and not funny at all), he might be glad to be left alone!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Stephanie has been linked to former MSNBC executive Andy Lack & the founder of UA.

Willie Geist is a rising star at MSNBC , so it would be a good idea to get close to Willie.

Morning Willie with Stephanie could be a new show at the network once Mika & Joe retires.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6730413/Under-Armour-CEO-Kevin-Plank-having-affair-MSNBC-host-Stephanie-Ruhle.html

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-host-suggests-stephanie-ruhles-relationships-with-men-helped-her-stand-out-while-job-searching/

I've never really cared for watching her, but also Stephanie may be a little messy? 

They closed MJ with more hugging! A reenactment! Geez Steph make room for the holy ghost!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jacourt said:

Aren’t Joe and Meeka tourists now?

Yeah. Apparently hobnobbing with the elites for an art exhibit of her mother's stuff. Check her Insta for Joe's get-up. No fleece there...

I did see a table full of panelists this morning. Nice change. Mika seemed almost like her old self...enjoying the limelight and leaning in to Joe.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, freddi said:

I was surprised that the word “bullshit” was not bleeped when Rep. Gallago used it.  Was “the list” of forbidden words reduced when I was not looking?  

Being that it's cable and not free airwaves subject to the FCC, I've always been surprised that they've even bothered to have forbidden words.  Also, is the show on a 7-second delay that would allow bleeping, or does it run live?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

oh man, it's depressing that those tabloid articles above turned Steph's actual hilarious human moment into those gross invasive speculations about her, it's like the people writing for fox and dailymail etc can't let a woman be affectionate and vivacious and a lil crazy without turning it into a sexist thing, ugh

i was laughing at Richard Haas ---> literally every woman he mentioned in his "women are equally corrupted by power" rant got there thru nepotism - Indira, Aung Sang Suu Kyi, Eva Peron! Dude, you can't get corrupted by power if you got there thru corruption, then you are already corrupt. The point of the conversation was whether men are more easily seduced by power once they get it, or more attracted to seeking it out for its own sake. i mean the democratically elected female leaders have been doing pretty well compared to teh men, especially during the pandemic...

I feel bad for Willie, he's now gonna have to run literally every marathon ever, and he won't be able to say no. i hope he and Mika do Boston though! and that maybe we get a weird interesting on location marathon deck chair show

I woke up and turned it on this morning and the first thing I heard was Horchata!!!!!!! so i thought, it's gonna be a good day. I've been singing it all day. 

i know it's not gonna last, but I love these in-studio shows so damn much

ETA: Here comes a feeling you thought you'd forgotten...chairs to sit and sidewalks to walk on! Oh you had it but oh no you lost it ---> okay well post-covid that hits the spot omg i'd totally forgotten these lyrics. I looooove Vampire weekend. I feel like everything is gonna be okay, we're coming back

Edited by neona2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, neona2 said:

oh man, it's depressing that those tabloid articles above turned Steph's actual hilarious human moment into those gross invasive speculations about her, it's like the people writing for fox and dailymail etc can't let a woman be affectionate and vivacious and a lil crazy without turning it into a sexist thing, ugh

The CEO of Under Armour had to resign from the company he founded as a result of documents that indicated their was an inappropriate relationship between both parties.

The Board of Directors of Under Armour were very unhappy that the company's jet was being used for personal purposes.

It appears that Stephanie is still married to her husband.

Stephanie is a welcome addition to MSNBC. She is much more vibrant & alive than Mika.

There have been several instances when Mika looked mad at having to hand off the show to Stephanie.

I do watch the NBC Evening News and they use Stephanie on a regular basis for business stories.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, neona2 said:

If a man had run up to a woman marathoner (and a married one, at that) it would have been all over the news and he would have been branded as crazy, sexist, invasive and god knows what else.   #MeToo would have been all over that shit.

• Love 4

I have two thoughts on Stephanie Ruhle ... it was so good to see her dashing out, joyous, throwing her arms around Willie.  Don't they work at the same studio?  Her show at 9:00? It seemed spontaneous and gave me a lift.  At the same time I wondered about how safe it was and how tired he must have been.  At this point I will not try and dig deep into the dangers and how it could have turned out.  I just want to remember the hug.  Kind of like when your kids do something that could have been dangerous, you want to slap them silly, but you give them a hug because they are okay.

• Love 4

Tuesday mini recap .

It's retro Joe with everyone in the  NY studio.

Joe started mumbling. Mika is wearing a black cardigan.

Lemire, Willie, Haas & Elise Jordan are in the studio.

There is background music playing for some bizarre reason.

Joe said he won a bronze medal in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics. He was 5 years old.

Joe ate donuts & smoked camel cigarettes when he ran in the marathon.

Everyone is in a good mood.

Joe used to run in Chuck Taylor shoes with Eugene Robinson.

Willie gets glamor shots !

Willie raised 400K for Parkinson's research ! The goal was 100K.

Joe was jealous that Willie got to carry Stephanie Ruhle. Mika's initial facial expression was priceless.

Willie admitted that he had no clue who was running towards him.

Mika called her cray cray stalker Steph ! Meow !

Mika wore a vintage sleeveless black dress to her mom's art show. Mika's mom had to stay in Florida.

Joe appeared in a suit with Mayor DiBlasio on Broadway at the event.

Mika's mom has several chain saws as a warning to Joe if he makes Mika upset

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kemper that is a great comment

I feel a lil bad bc i didn't mean to start a thing and I enjoy everyone's perspectives...

honestly the difference between appropriate and inappropriate feels so clear and intuitive to me, in context, it's almost like a language, and I'm always surprised when other people interpret things differently - but it also makes total sense if they do, because it probably isn't obvious and it's all something the whole of society has to work out together. 

but just for me personally this was a joyful and crazy and wonderful thing and it seems like everyone actually involved interpreted it that way too...

• Love 3

Several Mornig Joe regulars appeared at the show. Even Jeremy Peters who used to have hair higher than Joe's.

Mika's mom had a bench chair on display.

Joe said Covid is ending & NYC was busy.

Joe is wearing a new Apple Watch that has an alarm that goes off whenever he has to add hair spray.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe said there are tourists in NYC.

Willie was happy with the crowds at the marathon.

Mika was happy that Joe surprised her with a visit to NYC. Joe used one of his precious out of state residency days to be with her.

Joe has to stay in Florida for a minimum of 183 days to keep his tax free Florida residency status, so it's a big deal when he leaves the state.

Six of Trump's associates have received subpoenas to appear at the 1/6 insurrection committee.

They were plotting at the Willard Intercontinental in DC. I stayed there when I visited DC & loved it !

Eastman wrote a memo on how to challenge certification.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Joe was outraged at the Trump cronies. He compared them to Belarus thugs.

They may refuse to appear at the committee.

Elise was shocked that they may evade accountability.

Haas said this could happen in 2024.

Joe said it was a challenge to MADISONIAN DEMOCRACY !

Joe is worried about billionaires hijacking future elections.

44 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have two thoughts on Stephanie Ruhle ... it was so good to see her dashing out, joyous, throwing her arms around Willie.  Don't they work at the same studio?  Her show at 9:00? It seemed spontaneous and gave me a lift.  At the same time I wondered about how safe it was and how tired he must have been.  At this point I will not try and dig deep into the dangers and how it could have turned out.  I just want to remember the hug.  

I think my initial surprise was 1. Willie hadn't finished the race yet. It seemed like an odd moment that didn't belong to Stephanie. 2. bringing up your knees around a co-worker at a news channel where rumors abound was a choice.

39 minutes ago, neona2 said:

but just for me personally this was a joyful and crazy and wonderful thing and it seems like everyone actually involved interpreted it that way too...

I think everyone on the show clearly felt the same way. I am an old who may get more annoyed than I should about propriety. But I also totally thing Mika would have had a different take if Katty (or Liz Phair!) jumped on Joe.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I think my initial surprise was 1. Willie hadn't finished the race yet. It seemed like an odd moment that didn't belong to Stephanie. 2. bringing up your knees around a co-worker at a news channel where rumors abound was a choice.

I think my initial surprise, beyond the obvious one that he was still running the race, was that a somewhat casual co-worker was the one to greet him with such exuberance. Where does that leave his wife and kids who I imagine have been training and rooting him along for months? Why some "look at me" news personality? This brought back the time(s) Mika would appear somewhat motherly towards Joe's children back before they married. Ruined the moment, IMO. I wonder if all of this hub bub is part of the network's plan to get more attention...now that personalities are getting shuffled around. (See ya, BriWi.) Just a PR stunt. Stephanie R. doesn't have the best rep.

Mika was happy to be back in NYC, I bet. It looked like her bestie Wilbert was on hair and makeup. She looked nice.

• Love 4

wow they are super stressed today, no one is taking time to breathe. maybe it's bc of their airport mishap?

Mayor Pete is here!! one thing I wish he would do is replace the Amtrak with orient express-style trains, complete with walnut paneling, brass fixtures and comfy velvet seating. oh and a dining cart with white tablecloths and a string quartet. It's literally all I want.

i'm sad about Brian Williams - why tf are they hemorraging talent. First Rachel now Brian..... and is Katy Tur ever coming back?

tell me again why Kasie was too expensive

• Love 5

Why is Mika screaming at Secretary Pete right now? I mean, I’m sorry she and Joe had to wait on the tarmac for two hours, but how is that his fault?  

The cause of the labor shortage is not a big secret. People don’t want to work shitty jobs for shitty pay. And I don’t care what Joe says, employers have *not*  caught up; they are trying to wait out the labor force hoping when people get desperate enough they will come crawling back. It’s debatable when or whether that will happen. But what is Secretary Pete supposed to do about that? 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, neona2 said:

wow they are super stressed today, no one is taking time to breathe. maybe it's bc of their airport mishap?

Mayor Pete is here!! one thing I wish he would do is replace the Amtrak with orient express-style trains, complete with walnut paneling, brass fixtures and comfy velvet seating. oh and a dining cart with white tablecloths and a string quartet. It's literally all I want.

i'm sad about Brian Williams - why tf are they hemorraging talent. First Rachel now Brian..... and is Katy Tur ever coming back?

tell me again why Kasie was too expensive

Joe just kinda bit Mika's head off for no reason. I'm glad Mika articulated why she interjected. 

I dont get what MSNBC is doing, either. I'm sorry to see William's go. But yes, I would love to see a return to plush train travel.

9 minutes ago, Eliot said:

The cause of the labor shortage is not a big secret. People don’t want to work shitty jobs for shitty pay. And I don’t care what Joe says, employers have *not*  caught up; they are trying to wait out the labor force hoping when people get desperate enough they will come crawling back. It’s debatable when or whether that will happen. But what is Secretary Pete supposed to do about that? 

It's kind of shocking to me that for all of MJ's addressing of covid they don't explore how it's affected our employment decisions. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, jacourt said:

My heart bleeds for them.  Imagine having to be treated like the rest of the people, not having a corporate jet to use.  BOO HOO

The network will have to reinstate Mika & Joe`s access to the MSNBC jet.

There is a company that advertises on MSNBC about the advantages of using private jets, so Joe could try to get a discount on their services & bill the network.

Joe has often complained about being mobbed in airport terminals by many fans of the show that want his autograph or selfies with him. He said it takes him hours to get out of terminal which could be better used for his meetings with world leaders.

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Joe just kinda bit Mika's head off for no reason. I'm glad Mika articulated why she interjected. 

I dont get what MSNBC is doing, either. I'm sorry to see William's go. But yes, I would love to see a return to plush train travel.

It's kind of shocking to me that for all of MJ's addressing of covid they don't explore how it's affected our employment decisions. 

the weird part is, aren't there pollsters or social scientists or economists or someone who can go out there and do an actual survey about why people are making the decisions they are making? 

i mean the anecdotal stuff only goes so far tbh. it's an interesting discussion and i'm curious what's actually happening 🥴

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Joe did complain about having to pay his gardener $10 an hour last summer to weed the garden.

• LOL 1

Joe going in on Cruz (a walking, talking caricature of ooze) was nothing new.  But then he jokingly - maybe - started pushing for DOD to move military bases from Texas to Florida in response to Ooze’s statement regarding Texas seceding from the country. This was actually a brilliant piece from Joe and I wonder who thought of it. It sounded off-the-top-of-his-head. Oozy Cruz!

• Love 4

i'm just over here trying to figure out if Jeffrey Sachs's antique samovar is brass or silver, without electrocuting myself on teh tee-vee. why don't they ever ask about this stuff, I wanna knooooooooow

Rev Barber despite audio issues making actual sense on the living wage

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neona2 said:

Uh that would involve looking into something, WORKING and not just opining.  

• Love 4

jacourt I think you quoted a quote within a quote instead of the original quote or sth. I mean it doesn't really matter, but just for the record that wasn't my quote

I was wondering about the ambassador discussion yesterday, whether we know if Dr B Mini Me was confirmed to Poland?? 

these delays seem totally nuts. Don't these people have to actually make plans to move to a different country, pull their kids out of school etc etc?? how tf can they grind the entire state dept to a halt just for kicks? aaaaaaahhghg

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, neona2 said:

i'm just over here trying to figure out if Jeffrey Sachs's antique samovar is brass or silver, without electrocuting myself on teh tee-vee. why don't they ever ask about this stuff, I wanna knooooooooow

Rev Barber despite audio issues making actual sense on the living wage

Longtime viewers remember when Joe & Jeffrey would get into heated battles on the show. Jeffrey begged Joe to stop yelling at him but Joe would not let up. 

He hasn't appeared on the show often in recent years, so it must be a special occasion for him to appear on the show.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-and-jeffrey-sachs-heatedly-rip-into-each-other-on-morning-joe/

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Oakville - the Joe/Jeffrey Sachs throw downs. Good times, indeed.

Ambassadorships. Unless the embassy is in a dangerous or headline-making country, the posts are usually given out as rewards or political favors. Didn’t Newt Gingrich’s third wife (I think she was his 3rd) get honored with an ambassadorship or some sort of posting to The Vatican? That would be a to-die-for job; but would it be worth sleeping with Newt? 

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Ambassadorships. Unless the embassy is in a dangerous or headline-making country, the posts are usually given out as rewards or political favors. Didn’t Newt Gingrich’s third wife (I think she was his 3rd) get honored with an ambassadorship or some sort of posting to The Vatican? That would be a to-die-for job; but would it be worth sleeping with Newt? 

I am shocked that Joe has not been given an ambassadorship since he also has been married 3 times.

I think Newt was having an affair with the lady who became his third wife. Newt supported Trump during the 2016 campaign, so his wife was awarded with the post at the Vatican .

Newt's affair was discovered while he was trying to impeach President Clinton for his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kemper said:

but they haven't even confirmed people to all the dangerous and headline-making countries? That's the worrying part. These delays are f-ing reckless 🥴

I was debating with myself whether I would sleep with Newt Gingrich, who is considerably older and also you know, an asshole, for unlimited access to the Vatican Library which I really really really would want...but the answer is still definitely no gaaaaaaaaah lmao

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, oakville said:

I am shocked that Joe has not been given an ambassadorship since he also has been married 3 times.

Well, yeah, and also you'd think Mika's brother the ambassador (going on 2x now IIRC) would abdicate his post to Joe. Certainly Joe is more worthy...I guess Mika's connection isn't working all that well for Joe on the international front.

We talked months ago about tv anchors/guests wardrobes and I mentioned how the locals here use Rent the Runway. After seeing the duo back in the nook yesterday dressed in their usual shlubby attire, after their star-studded big night in NYC, made me think they must do something similar. Kind of insulting/weird that they can go all out and look so good for their friends but not their viewers. Cheapskate Joe may just rent the good stuff...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neona2 said:

🥴

I was debating with myself whether I would sleep with Newt Gingrich, who is considerably older and also you know, an asshole, for unlimited access to the Vatican Library which I really really really would want...but the answer is still definitely no gaaaaaaaaah lmao

I might consider it. “Close my eyes and think of England” ….. dating myself with that one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Well, yeah, and also you'd think Mika's brother the ambassador (going on 2x now IIRC) would abdicate his post to Joe. Certainly Joe is more worthy...I guess Mika's connection isn't working all that well for Joe on the international front.

We talked months ago about tv anchors/guests wardrobes and I mentioned how the locals here use Rent the Runway. After seeing the duo back in the nook yesterday dressed in their usual shlubby attire, after their star-studded big night in NYC, made me think they must do something similar. Kind of insulting/weird that they can go all out and look so good for their friends but not their viewers. Cheapskate Joe may just rent the good stuff...

It baffles me how Joe got away with wearing cereal stained fleece tops on Morning Joe for several years. Its rude to viewers.

Mika used to dress very well for the show but now she dresses like a librarian. No offense to librarians. Mika did write in the first book that the executives at CBS complained about her dowdy wardrobe & that she showed on set looking frumpy.  She vowed to improve her appearance once she joined Morning Joe.

Mika wa only making $150k per year when she started on the show & had to pay for her own clothes.

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I might consider it. “Close my eyes and think of England” ….. dating myself with that one.

I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe...omg hahahahaha!!! Close your eyes and think of the codex vaticanus graecus!! 

but Kemper before we give up your virtue, I think we should try to dress up as nuns and sneak in or something. I feel like that might work.

IDK, my view on the clothing choices is, I enjoy and follow fashion, it's a positive joyful thing in my world, but I don't expect it to be that for tee-vee news people whose jobs and lives are totally different from mine, and I understand & respect that.

If Mika et al are doing a thing where they are saying f-you to sexist network executives, I am with them and here for that, but also at the same time, I'm a lil art girl and light is so important to me. Light, light, light. And it's wholly independent of any gendered thing. If I turn on teh tee-vee at 6 am in the morning and in close-up two thirds of the screen is entirely dark, then that is gonna bring sleep-deprived humans down. It's just a psychological fact.  🥴

Anyhoo. I feel like i need to add some kind of disclaimer to everything I say, eg art girls are not mean girls, bc i'm not a mean girl, you can read every comment I've ever written, I like light, i like color, but i've never been negative about any personal thing about anyone, ever, that's not what I do.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, neona2 said:

I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe...omg hahahahaha!!! Close your eyes and think of the codex vaticanus graecus!! 

but Kemper before we give up your virtue, I think we should try to dress up as nuns and sneak in or something. I feel like that might work.

IDK, my view on the clothing choices is, I enjoy and follow fashion, it's a positive joyful thing in my world, but I don't expect it to be that for tee-vee news people whose jobs and lives are totally different from mine, and I understand & respect that.

If Mika et al are doing a thing where they are saying f-you to sexist network executives, I am with them and here for that, but also at the same time, I'm a lil art girl and light is so important to me. Light, light, light. And it's wholly independent of any gendered thing. If I turn on teh tee-vee at 6 am in the morning and in close-up two thirds of the screen is entirely dark, then that is gonna bring sleep-deprived humans down. It's just a psychological fact.  🥴

Anyhoo. I feel like i need to add some kind of disclaimer to everything I say, eg art girls are not mean girls, bc i'm not a mean girl, you can read every comment I've ever written, I like light, i like color, but i've never been negative about any personal thing about anyone, ever, that's not what I do.

It would be fun if Mika & Joe hosted a show in their backyard with palm trees , a swimming pool & a beautiful garden as a backdrop. It would be fun to watch as the weather gets colder here in Southern Ontario. I would love to see a Florida sunrise every morning.

Long time viewers remember when Joe tried hosting a  few shows from a backyard of a rental home in Martha's Vineyard in the summer. Joe would wear sunglasses but got into trouble with MSNBC for smoking during the commercial breaks.  He didn't put out the cigarettes after the commercials & would wave the cigarettes in the air when he was yelling about the Tea Party being too aggressive in dealing with President Obama.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

It would be fun if Mika & Joe hosted a show in their backyard with palm trees , a swimming pool & a beautiful garden as a backdrop. It would be fun to watch as the weather gets colder here in Southern Ontario. I would love to see a Florida sunrise every morning.

Long time viewers remember when Joe tried hosting a  few shows from a backyard of a rental home in Martha's Vineyard in the summer. Joe would wear sunglasses but got into trouble with MSNBC for smoking during the commercial breaks.  He didn't put out the cigarettes after the commercials & would wave the cigarettes in the air when he was yelling about the Tea Party being too aggressive in dealing with President Obama.

The first year that they did shows from Maine, Joe did the show from the Brzezinski house living room. I really liked that, and there was a nice view through the window. It was also funny, because sometimes there would be dogs running around in the background. 

• Love 4