Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Was he?  I must not have been watching all that much Back Before We Had This Board.  And Joe will be appearing at the NY Studio "sometime this year" ... "may" being the operative word.  

I do remember Beau Biden appearing on Morning Joe before he got sick with cancer.

He wasn't a regular guest.

There was a veteran from Baltimore, Wesley who was a regular guest. He was very friendly.

I saw him on CNBC recently.

• Love 2

Recap continued.

Joe was mad at people that criticized VP Harris's tweet about telling people to have a nice long weekend.

Joe is sucking up to VP Harris. Mika needs her to sell tickets to the next KYV seminar.

Joe is mad at fake outrage on twitter.

Joe is mad at Trump's tweets when he was President.

Joe should not lecture people about fake outrage after forcing viewers to listen to his patented rants almost every morning.

Willie's dad fought in Vietnam & is still suffering from Agent orange.

Barnicle said the Vietnam War memorial is very important.

• Love 4

Joe said there were more veterans when John Warner was a Senator.

Joe said there were veterans that were Democrats & Republicans. they worked across party lines.

Barnicle said that people don't talk to their neighbors.

Barnicle said service to their country was a common bond with veterans.

• Love 3
(edited)

There was a report on the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa massacre.

It's very disturbing. Willie & Lemire did not learn about the massacre in high school.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Joe said he went to law school with African Americans.

Joe discussed his schooling in Meridian Mississippi. It was an integrated school.

Joe said he has lived with black people since he was a young boy.

Joe is friends with Jim Clyburn & John Lewis.

• LOL 4

Barnicle said that deGrom is a better pitcher than Bob Gibson.

Mika did not like the baseball talk.

Mika said that Osaka has anxiety. Mika said that mental health is important.

Mika said that some women over 50 suffer from depression .

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe is mad at the governor of Texas for trying to reduce voting fraud. It doesn't exist.

Joe is mad about optics.

Mika said Abbot's racism is showing.

Lemire is trying to get his hair a puffy as Joe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

And Joe will be appearing at the NY Studio "sometime this year" ... "may" being the operative word.  

I think that's shorthand for "I may have a gig booked in New York sometime this year."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mika called Kamala a traiblazer.

Mika wore Scottish tartan pants & had a blue wrist band.

Mika cut her hair for the interview.

Kamala never had a 5 year plan.

Mika asked Kamala about having a long runway.

Mika got upset when people told her no about her career.

This is a strange interview. It's not about any current political  issues.

Mika is wearing hiking boots.

Kamala wants to help small businesses run by women.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kamala said that she eats the word "No" for breakfast.

Mika wrote an essay for women over 50 & posed for a picture by her pool.

Katty was excited  about meeting women over 50.

Katty said she was frazzled when she was having her kids. She had 2 nannies & a chef, but it was tough to co ordinate their schedules. One nanny asked for weekends off.

Dan Abrams wrote a book about Jack Ruby. He killed Lee Harvey Oswald but claimed an insanity defence.

Joe was not present for the 8 30 am segment.

The last segment was a discussion about Alzheimers. You can get it from opiods.

The author was Laura Aguirre.

It was very interesting. She lost her memory briefly 20 year ago. The book is called the Memory thief.

It's not hereditary in 95%  of cases.

• Love 1

Yeoman's work there, Oakville. You watch so we don't have to. 

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was mad at people that criticized VP Harris's tweet about telling people to have a nice long weekend

This I can agree with. Tone deaf and hurtful to veterans and military families. Much as our local pundits who insist that Memorial Day be used as a day of remembrance of Covid victims. Way to hijack yet another time honored tradition.

Mika said that some women over 50 suffer from depression .

Of course she did. I guess my word of the day is hijack. I caught a bit of the interview and found it odd in a way that it turned out to be all about Mika and her project. Wasted opportunity, IMO. Puff balls about women's issues...it saved Mika from having to do any show prep, I guess. Boring.

Mika said Abbot's racism is showing.

She can come down here and say that. Back off.

• Love 1

Barnicle said service to their country was a common bond with veterans.

I thought this was a good point about what we used to consider service. I wish they expanded on this a bit more.

Joe said he went to law school with African Americans.

Joe discussed his schooling in Meridian Mississippi. It was an integrated school.

Joe said he has lived with black people since he was a young boy.

Joe is friends with Jim Clyburn & John Lewis.

He always meanders through these personal factoids, seemingly with nowhere to land. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

At 7 am, Joe said he would be in the NY studio tomorrow.

Joe said he didn't wear pants on some shows.

Katty Kay showed up.

I did hear Joe mention being back in NY (I think Mika, too - Jupiter's hitting 90s and hurricane season has begun so maybe the city seems more inviting) but everyone was talking over each other so it was easy to miss.

58 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is worried about women over 50 that are forced into early retirement.

Kamala said that women lost jobs during the pandemic.

Once again, I think KYV is focused on a very particular type of woman - there are a great number of people who get no real kind of severance, much less a retirement package. Early retirement would be a godsend to many 50+ year olds who find themselves unceremoniously canned with no safety net.

And I agree the interview had an odd feel. Maybe bc it felt like an infomercial for Mika's pet project. And Forbes magazine.

49 minutes ago, oakville said:

Dan Abrams wrote a book about Jack Ruby. He killed Lee Harvey Oswald but claimed an insanity defence.

I read this as Dan Abrams claimed an insanity defense for killing Oswald and it's the first time I've been interested in Abrams since he was engaged to Elizabeth "Is this because I'm a lesbian" Rohm.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Yeoman's work there, Oakville. You watch so we don't have to. 

This I can agree with. Tone deaf and hurtful to veterans and military families. Much as our local pundits who insist that Memorial Day be used as a day of remembrance of Covid victims. Way to hijack yet another time honored tradition.

Of course she did. I guess my word of the day is hijack. I caught a bit of the interview and found it odd in a way that it turned out to be all about Mika and her project. Wasted opportunity, IMO. Puff balls about women's issues...it saved Mika from having to do any show prep, I guess. Boring.

She can come down here and say that. Back off.

It's not easy to watch this show anymore. I wish I had a template of Mika & Joe's favorite sayings, so i wouldn't have to recopy them so many times.

I believe that Joe likes to impress any African American guest that comes on the show by telling them that he went to a desegregated elementary school, played sports with other black athletes & has African American friends in Congress.

I was surprised that Mika's interview with VP Harris focused on her KYV project.

I do remember reading Mika's first book. She is very worried about being relevant at her age.

She was devastated when she was fired on her 40th birthday by CBS in 2007 & started co hosting Morning Joe a few months later . 

She was so excited that Joe proposed to her on her 50th birthday.

In 6 years, Mika may do a 60 over 60 special project for KYV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Oakville, there are so many of your posts that I would love to comment on...but I would wear out my fingers.  I have just gotten a lecture from Mr. Kemper, Jr., about naivety re Facebook "helps" ... so I am giving my fingers a rest.  

But really.. your posts are so on point and sometimes maybe unintentionally funny .... because they show what a jackass Joe is sometimes.  Poor Katty K!  Two nannies and a chef! We can all relate.  Meeka wearing hiking boots for an interview with the Vice President?  In June! Joe mad at "fake outrage" on Twitter! We all relate. 

Lastly...Meeka actually knowing who Naomi Osaka is!  Want to beat she had never heard of her before this morning; and now she can bring in sports figures to her KNV.  Kudos.

Dan Abrams/Elizabeth Roehm!  Is this the actress that was in Law and Order?  She was a closeted lesbian until her last case when she announced it to Jack and the actor who was playing the District Attorney.  There were two; but I liked the first one best.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville, there are so many of your posts that I would love to comment on...but I would wear out my fingers.  I have just gotten a lecture from Mr. Kemper, Jr., about naivety re Facebook "helps" ... so I am giving my fingers a rest.  

But really.. your posts are so on point and sometimes maybe unintentionally funny .... because they show what a jackass Joe is sometimes.  Poor Katty K!  Two nannies and a chef! We can all relate.  Meeka wearing hiking boots for an interview with the Vice President?  In June! Joe mad at "fake outrage" on Twitter! We all relate. 

Lastly...Meeka actually knowing who Naomi Osaka is!  Want to beat she had never heard of her before this morning; and now she can bring in sports figures to her KNV.  Kudos.

Dan Abrams/Elizabeth Roehm!  Is this the actress that was in Law and Order?  She was a closeted lesbian until her last case when she announced it to Jack and the actor who was playing the District Attorney.  There were two; but I liked the first one best.

Thanks Kemper ! I try to write the recaps as straight as possible, but I am often shocked at Mika & Joe's antics on the show. It's very hard to watch without a glass or 2 of wine

Why couldn't Mika wear a nice dress or pantsuit for her interview with VP Harris?

This interview must have been filmed when Mika was in DC last week .

I doubt Kasie Hunt or Katy Tur would show up wearing hiking boots for an important interview.

I used to watch Dan Abrams's Live pd show before it was cancelled last year

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Didn't Dan Abrams have a show on MSNBC (or maybe NBC?) years and years ago?  The Abrams Report, I think it was.  

Yes he did. He occasionally appeared on Morning Joe.

• Love 1
(edited)

We've reached a new low.  Mika took the Forbes 50 over 50 issue, copied the female profiles, and turned it into a "Know Your Value" feature.  No one gives a damn about Forbes magazine right now lady, Mika.  I am all for recognizing women but this show is about politics first and foremost.  The Forbes article is all advertising and PR for their companies.

Elyse noted that she is 39 and just had a baby.  That's nice, how does it relate to the 50 over 50 concept, moron?  Elyse seems kind of thick.

Poor Joe, he has to sit there and pretend to give a fuck about random female executives in Forbes. He has this uncomfortable frozen smile,  like he is worried they are going to start talking about mammograms or giving birth. 

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

Didn't Dan Abrams have a show on MSNBC (or maybe NBC?) years and years ago?  The Abrams Report, I think it was.  

I remember him from his Court TV days when he reported on the O.J. Simpson trial.

• Love 5

Elliot, yes!  The OJ Trial.

I was nicely surprised when I tuned in this morning and saw them all sitting around a table.  The Twins seemed relaxed, conversation flowed for once in an eon.  When Meeka brought in the Women Over 50, things deflated; at least for me.  This is the main thing that drives me to CNN, CNBC, Law and Order reruns.   

I do wonder if Chris Matthews will make an appearance since he is on a book tour and spreading around the Mea Culpas.  He was on Joy Reid last night; sadly, the network has always never known when to draw the line with their on-air (and former) talent shamelessly hawking their books.

• Love 7

I have no particular attachment to this show, and sneer at the hosts.

But seeing them all at the table today was a Moment that made me think we may be actually getting past this virus.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, nittany cougar said:

We've reached a new low.  Mika took the Forbes 50 over 50 issue, copied the female profiles, and turned it into a "Know Your Value" feature.  No one gives a damn about Forbes magazine right now lady, Mika.  I am all for recognizing women but this show is about politics first and foremost.  The Forbes article is all advertising and PR for their companies.

Elyse noted that she is 39 and just had a baby.  That's nice, how does it relate to the 50 over 50 concept, moron?  Elyse seems kind of thick.

Poor Joe, he has to sit there and pretend to give a fuck about random female executives in Forbes. He has this uncomfortable frozen smile,  like he is worried they are going to start talking about mammograms or giving birth. 

Does Forbes pay MSNBC to promote this issue of the magazine ? 

I glanced at people on the list & was surprised that Hillary Clinton wasn't on the list.

Arianna Huffington who was a friend of Morning Joe made the list but Hillary has had a more impressive career after she turned 50 than Arianna.

I am always amused when Joe has to keep quiet during Mika's girl power segments.

I am happy that Elise had a baby with her new husband.

Her first husband, Michael Hastings died in a mysterious car accident.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

I just saw a story on Mediaite about an Awkward Standoff between The Twins regarding Police Reform.  The story was "above the fold" and described/gushed the exchange and the fact that Show was back in-studio.  Marriage Counseling was apparently mentioned (jokingly) in the article...taken, I think, from Twins joking about it.  I do think that the atmosphere is entirely different when the show and most of the reporters/hosts/analysts are in the same space.  But I do wonder how long it will be before they are broadcasting from The Bunker again.  And how long the network will go along; wait, we all know they will go along.

• Love 5
(edited)

Liked seeing them back in the studio but, sadly, it was "them". They are just unlikable to me. I happened upon the Forbes thing and couldn't stomach it: rich and pampered women fawning over other rich and pampered women. Just a giant ad for Forbes with Mika as the moderator, which was a sidegig for her pre KYV and pre-Covid: she'd play the host for such events, asking prepared questions in front of an audience of like-minded women. Which of course, led to KYV itself. Does she still have her Cosmo gig, she and her side kick mentee (forget her name), offering answers to workplace conundrums like boob spillage and showing up for work still half drunk from the night before? Shows she'll do anything for a buck. I wonder how many of her 50/50 pals can relate to that? What a joke she is.

Plus, isn't this what Peacock was created for? Get this crap off my tv. Especially during a morning political news show.

Edited by plumbago blues
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Liked seeing them back in the studio but, sadly, it was "them". They are just unlikable to me. I happened upon the Forbes thing and couldn't stomach it: rich and pampered women fawning over other rich and pampered women. Just a giant ad for Forbes with Mika as the moderator, which was a sidegig for her pre KYV and pre-Covid: she'd play the host for such events, asking prepared questions in front of an audience of like-minded women. Which of course, led to KYV itself. Does she still have her Cosmo gig, she and her side kick mentee (forget her name), offering answers to workplace conundrums like boob spillage and showing up for work still half drunk from the night before? Shows she'll do anything for a buck. I wonder how many of her 50/50 pals can relate to that? What a joke she is.

Plus, isn't this what Peacock was created for? Get this crap off my tv. Especially during a morning political news show.

Plumbago B...probably best post of the month. Maybe year. You nailed it! Bless your heart.

• Love 4

How many glasses of wine will I need to recap today's show ?

Mika could have ended up doing infomercials for airfryers if she had not ended up on Morning Joe.

I am curious to see how they interacted in the studio

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I just saw a story on Mediaite about an Awkward Standoff between The Twins regarding Police Reform.  The story was "above the fold" and described/gushed the exchange and the fact that Show was back in-studio.  Marriage Counseling was apparently mentioned (jokingly) in the article...taken, I think, from Twins joking about it. 

I found that segment particularly annoying, because Joe was actually stressing that part of the issue in discussing police reform is that one can hold several ideas at once regarding the matter but Mika had to go all 'lalala I can't hear you'.

I happened upon the Forbes thing and couldn't stomach it: rich and pampered women fawning over other rich and pampered women. 

WHERE IS THIS RUNWAY OF WHICH MIKA SPEAKS?

I don't find Forbes to have any credibility at this point, and Mika only coming alive during these segments is not a great look. And as much as I try not to reference their history, maybe Mika can interview the first two Mrs. Scarboroughs to get another over 50 perspective.

I will admit I laughed out loud when they announced Shonda Rhimes and listed her top accomplishment as inventing McDreamy. The future is feminist! But still boy crazy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

You will need 19 glasses of wine.

This isn't random - I got with the 39 year old new mom from Forbes who made charts.

OK. The recap could get interesting after 19 glasses of wine :)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I found that segment particularly annoying, because Joe was actually stressing that part of the issue in discussing police reform is that one can hold several ideas at once regarding the matter but Mika had to go all 'lalala I can't hear you'.

WHERE IS THIS RUNWAY OF WHICH MIKA SPEAKS?

I don't find Forbes to have any credibility at this point, and Mika only coming alive during these segments is not a great look. And as much as I try not to reference their history, maybe Mika can interview the first two Mrs. Scarboroughs to get another over 50 perspective.

I will admit I laughed out loud when they announced Shonda Rhimes and listed her top accomplishment as inventing McDreamy. The future is feminist! But still boy crazy!

Another great post! chic b and Plumbago!  “The first two Mrs. Scarboroughs” is a beauty.

• Love 4

Wednesday Recap.

Mika, Joe, Rev Al, Willie & Lemire are sitting around a large table. Joe is wearing a suit & Mika is wearing a royal blue cardigan from Librarians Are Us collection.

Rev Al told a story about President Biden waiting to hear Joe's review of Biden's speech.

Mika looks much older today with wrinkles on her right side near her eyes. She has bag under her eyes. I hope Joe didn't force her to fly economy class. The lighting will have to be adjusted if Mika agree to return to the studio on a regular basis.

The first topic is the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa massacre.

• Love 4

Joe was shocked that there are some people live over 100 in Tulsa without drinking wine and eating sushi.

It's odd that someone at age 2 or 4 would remember the massacre.

I am puzzled that this massacre wasn't covered more extensively by the media many years ago.

Rev Al said that Biden will provide more assistance to black businesses. Biden is not a latte liberal.

Joe called Lemire a Latte Liberal. Joe said he was a hipster that wore skinny jeans.

Biden complained about Sinema & Mancin for voting with Republicans.

They voted with Biden 100% of the time but are opposed to ending the filibuster.

Joe wants Republicans to support the January 6th commission.

Joe said he supported infrastructure when he was in Congress.

• Love 4

Melanie Stansbury won special election in New Mexico Congressional election.

She got 60% of the vote. It was in line with the 2020 results

Lemire said the Democrats only have a 4 seat majority in Congress.

Joe said 90% of American don't know about the filibuster.

Mika leaned into Joe when he was talking about the filibuter.

Joe said Obama & Trump got nothing done after the House switched parties.

• Love 3

Mika looks much older today with wrinkles on her right side near her eyes. She has bag under her eyes. I hope Joe didn't force her to fly economy class. The lighting will have to be adjusted if Mika agree to return to the studio on a regular basis.

Ha! I noticed this too and it's quite amusing that she did a long Instagram post thanking her collaborators the women who did the 50/50 work and then threw in a thanks to her hair and make-up guy. Guess his skills got a little rusty during lockdown!

• LOL 2

Recap continued.

Willie was happy that there were no new Covid deaths in NYC. Mika started moaning.

Joe got the Moderna vaccine. Joe supports the Krispy Kreme doughnut giveaway for vaccines.

Joe wants to get more vaccines to get giveaways.

Mika doesn't like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Boo!

Mika started waiving a Forbes magazine on the set.

Joe was reading the NY Post magazine & welcomed Rattner to the set.

Rattner said it's tough to get a reservation at a NYC restaurant. Offices are only 10-20 % occupied.

Rattner's staff is working at the office 3 days a week.

Mika was drinking a Starbucks coffee on the set.

Joe said there were homeless people in hotels with mental challenges. They will will have to leave when tourists come back.

Willie lost his barber & diner next to his apartment.

Mika said crime is rising in NYC.

Rattner has had to raise the salary of his security detail.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Joe said mot gun crimes are committed with illegal guns.

Joe grew up in the South with a gun culture & has many guns.

Joe said 40% of new gun owners are women.

Mika will be doing a special next month on women over 50 that have guns that use 50 caliber bullets.

• LOL 9
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Recap will be continued later tonight after the Montreal -Winnipeg Hockey Game.

So far, 2 glasses of wine have been consumed.

My beloved Caps are out; and my adopted team, The Hurricanes, are fading.😥

• Love 1

After the Jimmy Kimmel segment, they come out to the fully attended studio table to cross-talk reaction, and Mika says "wow" about 14 times.  That's her contribution.

Her energy is better.  She looks better.  She's still bad at her job.  But she is 10x the Xanax Barbie we dealt with in Florida.  She'd wear bathrobes and appear to be falling asleep.  Miserable and uninvolved.  The distance between this Mika and basement Mika is immeasurable.  For almost 2 years, she didn't try to pretend to take her job seriously. 

• Love 5