Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

"Beau was a friend of our show." Joe is breathless.

So the clowns got to make the victory announcement and co-opt Beau at the same time. Watch out, Joseph, the meter is running and they always collect...

• Love 9

So Joe starts another "Breaking News" and I was waiting for him to make another lame joke, and it was the real deal.

At which point I switched over to CNN just in time to see Van Jones break down on the air.  Real emotion.

• Love 8

Oh, man, who is watching this? Mika's body language says knowing and confident. She's using a voice and delivery that she stores in the pantry for special occasions. 

Joey went with the  Aeschylus quote often associated with RFK re the loss of JFK. His delivery is best described as melodramatic. 

This is unspeakable. They are coming off like they are the ones who toiled full time and overtime in the studio all week.

Sharpton on now saying he was In The Room when Biden met George Floyd's family aaand Barnicle is up next, intro'd by cry talk Mika. Oh yeah, this is MJ all the way.

Is there a bigger bunch of star fuckers anywhere? 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, suomi said:

Oh, man, who is watching this? Mika's body language says knowing and confident. She's using a voice and delivery that she stores in the pantry for special occasions. 

Joey went with the  Aeschylus quote often associated with RFK re the loss of JFK. His delivery is best described as melodramatic. 

This is unspeakable. They are coming off like they are the ones who toiled full time and overtime in the studio all week.

Sharpton on now saying he was In The Room when Biden met George Floyd's family aaand Barnicle is up next, intro'd by cry talk Mika. Oh yeah, this is MJ all the way.

Is there a bigger bunch of star fuckers anywhere? 

I agree Suomi!

I find it interesting that Morning Joe was only able to have Joe Biden as a guest once in the last several months to interview him about Tara Reade.

This happened despite having two high ranking members of the Biden campaign, Adrienne Elrod & Karine Jean Pierre that were Morning Joe panelists. 

• Love 5

Mika said that Joe Biden won the first Brzezinski award for a million reasons. Joe & Jill are very grounded.

They are Scranton & Wilmington not Washington.

This is after Joe said that Biden understand how Washington works. Joe doesn't like outsiders like W,Obama & Trump who tried to change Washington.

• Love 3

MSNBC has had the ”A” team on deck for the past four days (AKA “T-u-e-s-d-a-y”).  I can’t believe I am having to watch Morning Joe deliver this news.  We will never hear the end of it. CNN is doing so much better.  Cheers, everyone! 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 8

There will probably be some hot sex tonight at JoeMika house. They haven't been this turned on since Joe was still married to Susan.

I think this show is gonna be real boring once they get over the initial rush about the Biden election.  Joe and Mika have spent so much time launching into knee jerk rants, what will they do now?   It is hard to undo years of habit.   Will Joe get a new sweater to celebrate.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

On CNN the screen is one third talking head and two thirds rotating crowd scenes with sound.

On FOX the talking head is one quarter of the screen next to half and quarter screen rotating crowd scenes with sound. 

On MJ... all together now... no crowd scenes or sound, just Joe pontificating and grudgingly sharing turns at the full screen with droning Barnicle and chirping Mika, who got tired of doing her Edward R Murrow impersonation. 

Thankfully, LO'D and Rach are holding the reins now... and the MJ posse undoubtedly has moved on to sheet cake and day drinking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, freddi said:

MSNBC has had the ”A” team on deck for the past four days (AKA “T-u-e-s-d-a-y”).  I can’t believe I am having to watch Morning Joe deliver this news.  We will never hear the end of it. CNN is doing so much better.  Cheers, everyone! 

I wondered if they got this a.m. because they were stuck on Peacock on election night. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I listened to a bit of Brian Williams tonight as he was interviewing Al Franken.  He asked Franken about something Joe said today; I had not heard anything about this so someone who was listening....please enlighten me.  Brian told Al  that Joe (yes, I am in high school) said something to the tune of Biden's victory being a "one off" .... and he said it innocently but I detected a bit of snark.  Franken replied dryly; and mentioned "whoever  said it" .... maybe because it is late and it has been a long and eventful day.  But I got the impression that they were both poking at Joe.  The gist was that it is not impossible to pull rural voters in.  If I got Brian's question wrong...sorry.  I am tired.  You are tired.  We is all tired.

Brian (and Joe) may have been referring to the Dems efforts in the down ballot races - which were not as successful as they had hoped.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I wonder if Joe slept with a heating pad on his shoulder. Because he worked the hell out of it constantly patting himself on the back yesterday.

As one who is currently bundled under two quilts, an electric blanket, a microwave heating pad and an electric heating pad and is still shivering freezing despite it being 72 degrees inside my house....

But yeah.  Joe should be working that shoulder to get the mirror in place.  To look himself in the eye and finally see what role he played in getting 45 into office in the first place.  He has less self-awareness than just about any personality on TV.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, neona said:

I'm sick of the quagmire of guilt and despair and self-righteous outrage that is re-litigating 2016.

I understand what you're saying.  I am not looking for the self-flagellation and mea culpas that some people demand of those who were enablers back in 2016 and now see the light.  I appreciate never-Trumpers, although I appreciate them more if they'd been never-Trumpers at least since that day on the escalator.  I am looking for some self-restraint, though, in someone who engages in loud, bombastic, smug declamations of the current regime as if he had never been one of those enablers, only apparently seeing the light because he and his wife were the target of some personal snark.

Joe isn't always wrong in his assessments.  I actually like most -- not all -- of his intermittent columns in WaPo.  But he should evince some recognition in some way that he is not in the best position to pose as part of the Resistance, especially when he only does it when it suits him. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I am looking for some self-restraint, though, in someone who engages in loud, bombastic, smug declamations of the current regime as if he had never been one of those enablers, only apparently seeing the light because he and his wife were the target of some personal snark.

They make a habit of latching on to pols and when I say latching on I have the breastfeeding reference in mind. 

They want to be news and they also want to be opinion but they can't have it both ways. The whiplash inflicted on the viewer who tunes in hoping for news analysis is inexcusable. My insurance adjuster, and theirs, would classify them as being at fault if I made a claim. 

They were giddy while salivating about Jared and Ivanka on air after the 2016 election. They name dropped on nearly a daily basis and if you (the generic you) weren't a viewer then it is difficult to convey how smarmy their behavior was. The sound of jaws dropping at 30 Rock sometimes interfered with being able to hear the boasting, "nevertheless they persisted."

They were like cats slurping a bowl of cream - until reality dawned. They are lightweights who see themselves as heavyweight contenders and they were played. They were tossed aside when their usefulness came to an end. It's hard not to appreciate the finesse and thoroughness that went into dealing them their public humiliation.

It was like watching a Long Con 101 instructional video and no amount of backpedaling will obscure the reality that they are starfuckers.

Dr Z was right on when he said Joe is stunningly superficial and that it's almost embarrassing to listen to him hold forth. And you know that on some level he recognized that he was describing his daughter as well. So does she. Watch that video again while keeping in mind that Mika's discomfort is not entirely on Joe's behalf.

Sometimes a cat plays with a mouse simply for the joy of doing so and sometimes the cat's motive is the enjoyment of being observed while doing the deed. Some cats are like that.

So they can shove their righteous indignation, which ebbs and flows according to certain news cycles, because they asked for it. And they continue to ask for it by incessantly needling to provoke responses which they react to by clutching their whore-y pearls. Pffftt.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, suomi said:

Dr Z was right on when he said Joe is stunningly superficial and that it's almost embarrassing to listen to him hold forth. And you know that on some level he recognized that he was describing his daughter as well. So does she. Watch that video again while keeping in mind that Mika's discomfort is not entirely on Joe's behalf.

I'd never seen that video, so I just looked it up.  It's a fitting example of all the media types who think because some network gave them access to a camera and a microphone, they're suddenly an expert on everything.  If you do your homework carefully and thoroughly, you can learn a lot, for sure, as long as you know your limitations.  Being an ex-Congresscritter from the backwoods of the Panhandle and just about the laziest host on cable didn't make Joe an expert on foreign policy, and certainly not when he's trying to hold his own against a brilliant National Security Advisor.

But damn, Mika's hair looked so much better then.  Why did she ever change it?

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, suomi said:

They are lightweights who see themselves as heavyweight contenders and they were played. They were tossed aside when their usefulness came to an end. It's hard not to appreciate the finesse and thoroughness that went into dealing them their public humiliation.

Epic post, suomi.

I'm waiting for the final toss to come soon; when the network pulls the plug on these frauds.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Epic post, suomi.

I'm waiting for the final toss to come soon; when the network pulls the plug on these frauds.

Steve Kornacki became a national breakout star this week, and he's already shown when he's done sub duty that he knows how to handle a talk/opinion show.  And seems like he'll need work before digging into the next election.

And yes, epic post.  Totally.

• Love 7

Deep down I am sure The Twins (especially Joe) resent Kornacki.  And don't forget....he had the weekend morning talk show a few years back.  Then I can't remember what happened; he "got promoted" or some such.  His show was pretty good; I don't remember him ever inserting himself into all conversations.  Except when Bridgegate happened in New Jersey; and the network used him as their expert since he is from New Jersey.  I think.  

• Love 5

Mika just “read” a news article on the air that was authored by the Associated Press. The AP logo was all over the screen, very visible. And she repeatedly credited the Washington Post.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

i can't believe Joe just criticized Mika for asking a rhetorical question everybody knows the answer to...that's literally been the entire structure and content of *all* his rants for the past 4 years... 

at least she's kinda sorta fighting back today... but man, he needs a timeout.. i wish when he does that cop-out thing where he tosses to Lemire or whoever to stop Mika from making her point one of them would say, no, I actually want to hear what she has to say...but they won't...

• Love 1

This is just my opinion.  But.  Meeka is a grown woman who is being paid a huge amount of money to co-host a morning news/opinion show on a major network.  Forget about how she got there...family name, affair with the host.  At this point it doesn’t matter.  She lets herself get run over by her on-air partner every minute of every show. That is all on her.  So I cannot ever ever ever ever think of her as Poor Mika...she is an insult and slap in the face to every woman who has ever achieved a position of power through brains and hard work.  She is also a lazy, entitled princess who will not put in the work necessary to do her job.  Tell you what, toots...enjoy this ride while you can because it’s hopefully the last one your entitled rear will get on a major network. Sorry for the rant...I am just kind of over these two.  We had an election week with so many wonderful, funny, smart female reporters who could think on their feet and make it look almost effortless.  They showed up for long hours with humor and gravitas when required.  They actually earned their paycheck.   

Sorry.  Went away for awhile but now I’m back.  And as I said, just my opinion.  

• Love 9

Monday Recap

The show began with a replay of Joe's historic election call.

"We have an announcement to make...... Joe Biden is ....... President Elect ...... of the United States"

The pauses were to show that Joe knew what position Biden had been elected to.

Mika said it was Biden's third try to become President.

Biden will have a Coroavirus task force. The USA  has 10 million cases. Joe complained about the people celebrating Biden's election without social distancing.

The virus doesn't care about politics.

• Love 3

Joe called people on tv that believe that Trump could still win Arizona clowns that will run for the GOP nomination in 2024.

Joe mocked the AP for calling Arizona in June.

Joe said he knew Trump would win Florida after looking at the data.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

So I cannot ever ever ever ever think of her as Poor Mika...she is an insult and slap in the face to every woman who has ever achieved a position of power through brains and hard work.  She is also a lazy, entitled princess who will not put in the work necessary to do her job.  Tell you what, toots...enjoy this ride while you can because it’s hopefully the last one your entitled rear will get on a major network. Sorry for the rant...I am just kind of over these two.

This! Well stated and thanks for telling it like it is. I have felt this way for years and just see her as a poser. A true wannabe. She is the main reason I can't watch anymore. I'm mad at all who have propped her up and sold her as someone of value when she disproves that every day. Have they mentioned the Pfizer vaccine news? Or is it all Trump hate all the time? I've been glued to CNBC.

• Love 4

Neona...you are so on point. I haven’t seen Thomas Ricks in ages and ages.  He is a treasure; I don’t ever buy these news/political books that seem to come out weekly.  But I will either buy this one or get on the waiting list for it at my local library.

And.  Yes, CNN is all over the Pfizer vaccine news; huge impact on the morning stock market news.  Hopefully Stephanie Ruhle will be all over it.  MJ is incapable of handling breaking news.  I have posted more than my quota this morning.  My vitriol needs a break.

One more...Ironic that this vaccine news comes out after the election.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Kemper said:

And.  Yes, CNN is all over the Pfizer vaccine news; huge impact on the morning stock market news.  Hopefully Stephanie Ruhle will be all over it.  MJ is incapable of handling breaking news.  I have posted more than my quota this morning.  My vitriol needs a break.

One more...Ironic that this vaccine news comes out after the election.

I switched to CNBC this morning. Frequent Morning Joe guest  Walter Isaacson, was on CNBC & a participant in the Pfizer vaccine trial . Dr Scot Gotlieb said that the vaccine could start being delivered  to nursing homes in January 2021 before the Inauguration.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe started using his Southern accent to make fun of people that believed that Al Gore should have won the 2000 election recount.

in this case I don't actually think it was a Southern accent...? but he did make fun of the fact that the woman who raised this had..."beads in her hair", which, um, does he understand what that sounds like?...honestly there are days where I like and even enjoy Joe, but wtf was up with him today?

i don't agree with you all about Mika... but obviously YMMV, and that's fair.  But she was genuinely trying to raise a point of concern today, about how damaging this "election fraud" rhetoric is going to be in the long-term, and how it's going to grow and fester unless the GOP explicitly condemn it, and he blew her off with a "nobody believes him!". This from the dude who said DJT would pivot once in office, Jared and Ivanka would be give invaluable counsel (and famously called Mika a "snob" when she tried to contradict him), and wrote Washington Post op-eds where he predicted DJT would not run for re-election because he was tired and not at all a narcisisst who thrives on attention, noooo (Mika said of course he would, and of course he would dispute the results..)... she may not be as eloquent, but at least Mika has been consistent, and right. i'd rather be right than a blowhard. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

I switched to CNBC this morning. Frequent Morning Joe guest  Walter Isaacson, was on CNBC & a participant in the Pfizer vaccine trial . Dr Scot Gotlieb said that the vaccine could start being delivered  to nursing homes in January 2021 before the Inauguration.

Yeah it was weird they barely covered this?? thank god for Steph...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, neona said:

she may not be as eloquent, but at least Mika has been consistent, and right. i'd rather be right than a blowhard. 

Yeah, though I'd like to be right and taken seriously. Especially by my husband. Especially if I positioned myself as a champion for strong women who can stand on their own and be heard. It's the whole fraudulent know your worth/value thing that irks me, when she is so submissive and just allows Joe to swat her down.

• Love 9

I do think that Joe is horrible with his interrupting and never giving anyone else a chance to voice an opinion.  That being said.  All of the guests, and especially his co-host, should simply say "Excuse me, I was talking"..."Excuse me, I was not finished making my point"....  I do not feel sorry for any of them when they continue to sit, every blasted morning, while he pontificates.  They should not be guests (or a co-host) if they cannot hold their own against a bombastic, ignorant, gospel-preaching, three-times married host whose career as a Congressman and Conservative (hushed whisper) are years behind him. He is a legend in his own mind.   

It was simply eye-popping today when I switched to CNN and heard them discussing the possibility of a vaccine for Covid.  They did not have scripts; they were doing their job in following a huge story.  These two would not be able to carry a show like that.  Saturday did not count as everyone pretty much knew a decision was coming in.

Sorry.  I have a UTI (seeing doctor tomorrow); I am tired, need a prescription and an mad that these two lazy wanna-be influencers are getting paid millions of dollars to not do their job.  So pissed (pun!) that I pitched a hissy today in WalMart; it is a good thing that no one was filming because I would now be known as one of the WalMart Karens.  I was spouting about WalMart's greed and undervaluing their employees; there were two lines open for regular checkout and they were really long.  The self-checkout line was even longer.  I was so mad that I almost kicked the counter. After, I wasn't embarrassed; I actually felt better.  The poor guy in back of me (one of at least 12, when I last counted) said, when I was finished and calm..."nice one" - so I left with a kind of smile.  Sadly, no one cheered.  No Norma Rae moment.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sadly, no one cheered.  No Norma Rae moment.

No cheers THERE, but you came to the right place! We're all cheering that brazen performance! Bravo! I hope you get some relief from your symptoms. Til then, have a couple glasses of your gin fortified wine specials. (I had a glass of port yesterday and made it a "Kemper" by adding a splash of gin. Genius!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Picture it:  Semi-hysterical 75-year-old Birkenstock/socks wearing,  flared jeans and a long-sleeved tee, hair-in-ponytail woman ranting in a checkout line about the unfairness and inconsideration of a huge corporation.  All while needing to pee.    

p.s.  Daughter's opinion of the Birkenstocks/socks:  "Mom, so wrong in so many ways" .... but "Dad" wore them, too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/msnbc-cuts-ties-with-contributors-working-on-biden-transition-effort

Jon Meacham is out at MSNBC after failing to disclose his work with Biden.  Apparently, he was on air commenting on speeches that he actually wrote. 

This is a big loss for the show since Meacham was always a reliable commenter. 

Wow.

What do these people get paid for each appearance?  Does it vary from block to block?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

Jon Meacham is out at MSNBC after failing to disclose his work with Biden.  Apparently, he was on air commenting on speeches that he actually wrote. 

Hmmm. That's kind of swampy. I used to like him but there was something about him that always bugged. Could have been that constant pained look on his face; shallow, I know. It is kind of sad that someone who made a career of being a historian, knowing all the ins and outs of politics and public life, seemingly aware of accepted norms and practices, would not see the conflict of interest here. No loss. MJ's field of regulars is narrowing.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

Picture it:  Semi-hysterical 75-year-old Birkenstock/socks wearing,  flared jeans and a long-sleeved tee, hair-in-ponytail woman ranting in a checkout line about the unfairness and inconsideration of a huge corporation.  All while needing to pee.

hope you feel better, Kemper....at least your rage was properly directed, at the corporation, not the employees working risking their lives during the pandemic!  from the visuals you described, you wouldn't be a Karen, you'd be "woke grandma", just saying...

7 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

This is a big loss for the show since Meacham was always a reliable commenter. 

This is so dumb... the best way is always, first, be honest about this shit, and two, have a sense of humor about it. Sam "my wife works at Facebook" Stein is the best example. or Joe and mika's marriage. Or the trolling about Rattner working for Bloomberg. Commenting on speeches he wrote is just nuts. Disappointing. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, jacourt said:

I think Jon can come back back but will have to say he works for Biden.  Maybe those people dont get paid by the network because they are paid by Biden.  That might be the difference.  

Meacham will be needed to help promote Joe's biography of President Truman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe started using his southern accent again to mock Mitch McConnell saying that the Democrats smell so bad they have horseflies around their faces. Mika said he didn't really say that .

Joe said it was OK to present legal challenges & ask for all the votes to be counted.

Joe bragged that he was in Florida for the recounts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Does anyone recall the name of the young African American woman who appeared as a guest on the show today.  She had written a book, article, ......? Not sure. I can’t locate the guest on their website anymore. It’s changed.  

• Love 1