Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said that the Iranian regime can't handle the Coronavirus. The leaders are getting sick.

Haas said that China is doing a good job of containing the virus now. He is still worried about them lying about the total number of people affected.

• Love 3

Haas is worried about letting 5 000 Taliban prisoners get released.

Joe said he was upset that the USA left Iraq abruptly in 2011.

Max Rose is happy that the US is bringing home troops from Afghanistan. He fought there.

• Love 4

Joe said that the VP selection is very important this year. The nominees for both parties will be in their 70s. It's important to select a healthy VP.

Jeremy Peters said that Bloomberg is a poor retail politician.

• Love 4

Ben Smith now works for the NY Times. He said that Mika & Joe have benefited from Donald Trump's presidency. Trump likes to attack everyone in media. It's been good for the NY Times.

• Love 4
(edited)

Joe was quick to criticize Elizabeth Warren again today but hands off Amy Klobuchar.

I'm wondering if he thinks Warren's only strategy is to attack Bloomberg and Amy's is to deny Sanders a win in MN.

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, oakville said:

Katty said that Pete was an adult for getting out of the race. She said that Bernie would bring big radical change to the USA.

Oh, gee Katy,  that brilliant political analysis must have taken you all weekend to come up with. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Joe was quick to criticize Elizabeth Warren again today but hands off Amy Klobuchar.

I thought I heard him say just after 6 am that both Warren and Klobuchar have no way forward and should drop out. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I thought I heard him say just after 6 am that both Warren and Klobuchar have no way forward and should drop out. 

He did but criticized Warren for her strategy which seems to be centered in attacking Bloomberg, which he thinks is misguided. 

He didn't really have any advice or criticism of Klobuchar other than she has no path forward. 

So. I thought,  maybe she's waiting till after Super Tuesday to deny Sanders a win in MN. Was waiting for Joe to chime in on that tactic. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The top story is Super Tuesday. There are primaries in 14 states today including California, Texas, and North Carolina.  There are 1357 delegates at stake today.

Last night in Dallas, Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar endorsed Joe Biden.  Beto O'Rourke was there flapping his arms around.

Mika mentioned that Steve Kornacki will be on later to be sad about the shocking resignation of Chris Matthews.  Mika acted like someone died.

John Heileman thinks early voting in some states might ruin the Biden surge.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Honestly, Mika's reaction to Chris Matthews's retirement was so overly somber and dramatic that she was on the verge of tears.

I don't know if she was sincere or worried about what ghosts could spring from the Joe and or Mika closet.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
58 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Honestly, Mika's reaction to Chris Matthews's retirement was so overly somber and dramatic that she was on the verge of tears.

I don't know if she was sincere or worried about what ghosts could spring from the Joe and or Mika closet.

I think they were friends. They said they always watch his show. Mika should have told  him that lecherous comments towards women on camera would have an effect on his career.

https://www.mediamatters.org/chris-matthews/women-matthews-administers-chris-matthews-test

Based on what I read in the NY Times, the network did not consult Mika & Joe before deciding to force the retirement of Chris. He will be allowed on the network to promote his next book.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Barnicle i excited that Biden will get free media after winning in South Carolina on Saturday.

Heilemann is the voice of reason today. Due to early voting, many votes have already been cast for other candidate.

Joe said that Trump is afraid of Joe Biden. Joe said that Trump got impeached over trying to get dirt on Biden.

• Love 3
(edited)

Mika & Joe agreed to appear on camera together from the breakfast nook.

Joe admitted that Matthews had a blind spot.

Mika said that she loved working with Chris Matthew. Mika said that she is worried about cancel culture.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Mika and Mike Barnicle need to STFU!  Chris Matthews is 74.  How much longer should management have turned a blind eye to his issues before he was "cancelled"? (to quote Miss KYV)  She's such a ridiculous figurehead for a movement allegedly meant to encourage women to know their value and stand up for themselves in the workplace.  I guess her movement should be called "Know Your Value Unless You Work For A Man I Like, In Which Case Shut The Fuck Up And Take It".  But that wouldn't fit on a t-shirt.  I'm SO disappointed in all these intelligent, accomplished women who give her "brand" even the whiff of respectability by attending her events 😞

• Love 14

Mark Halperin. Chris Matthews. Donald Trump. All friends of Mika and Joe. All given air time and/or relentlessly promoted by Mika and Joe. All powerful men who objectified and allegedly harassed women. All defended by Mika and Joe, who blame the culture instead of the men.

The culture that should be under a microscope? That at MSNBC/NBC. And Miss KYV should be leading that charge like Maddow has done by publicly taking on her network.  But if today showed us anything it’s that Joe and Mika are comfortable in their rarefied world and will strike back if that comfort is threatened. I can’t watch. 

• Love 11

Mika's monologue about Matthews was hilarious and embarrassing.  "I'm not sure.  I'm still reading about it."  She's still reading about it?  What the fuck does that even mean?  "I haven't done my homework?"  "I am too dull-minded to have an immediate thought?" 
When has "I'm still reading about it" worked previously in her life?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said that she loved working with Chris Matthew. Mika said that she is worried about cancel culture.

Is it really “cancel culture” if it’s on video sexually harassing various women through the ages?

• Love 6

Joe is worried about Sanders supporters criticizing the Washington Post & complaining about corporate media.

Joe said that some Sanders supporters are booing the media at his events.

• Useful 1

For the love of God.  Chris Matthews has not died.  He is rich, will probably write a book ... which will endlessly be plugged on the network; thus landing on the best-seller list.  Can't anyone, at age 74, just go into the next phase of their life, go without the endless mourning that we have seen on MJ  and other shows?  This morning the sun still came out for him, he will still be rich, his lifestyle will not go down the drain.  Spare me the teary-eyes and tragic face ... Meeka.  And Barnicle this morning...maybe he feels the breath on his neck. 

We all knew what Meeka, Joe and company were going to say this morning; Meeka, especially.  One positive thing about her - she is loyal, maybe to a fault, to Friends of Show.   

• Love 14
(edited)

A

1 hour ago, may flowers said:

The culture that should be under a microscope? That at MSNBC/NBC.

Yeah Ronan Farrow has been trying to get this across to people for two years. 

Nicolle Wallace, Maya Wiley, Yasmin, are talking about what a great guy Chris was. 

Yeah unless he wanted to feel you up. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said that she is worried about cancel culture.

Or is she worried about her nominal job and 7 figure income working at Cancel Culture Central? Kind of telling when the dots are connected between her and all the liars and  misogynists she works with.  KYV, my ass. 

• Love 6
On 2/28/2020 at 5:24 AM, tres bien said:

Why can't MJ have a medical expert or two on to talk about the Coronavirus?

Agree. The best they can do is apparently their neighbor and cocktail companion "Dr. Dave" who I think is the husband of one of Mika's groupies. A simple click of the remote got me one channel down to CNBC and a serious professional discussion of the virus news with Scott Gottlieb and pharma execs. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Or is she worried about her nominal job and 7 figure income working at Cancel Culture Central? Kind of telling when the dots are connected between her and all the liars and  misogynists she works with.  KYV, my ass. 

WTF is going on at this network that all these women are defending Chris Matthews? 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Mika had to postpone her book deal with Weinstein' Hachette publishing in 2017 when the news of his behavior with women became public.

Joe was clearly upset today at the network's decision to remove Matthews from TV.

Matthews disappeared from his show after he gave his prepared statement last night. Kornacki had to do the rest of Hardball on his own.

39 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Stockholm Syndrome?

Mika could have a full time job defending Brokaw,Halperin, Lauer, Harold Ford Jr

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika could have a full time job defending Brokaw,Halperin, Lauer, Harold Ford Jr

Blast from the past, Jesus he was awful on this show....totally forgot about him.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, HC87 said:

Blast from the past, Jesus he was awful on this show....totally forgot about him.

He usually agreed with Joe on every issue. Adrienne Elrod has his job now.:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

He usually agreed with Joe on every issue.

He has resurfaced, BTW, on Fox News!  He is an occasional guest on Bret Baier's panel as the liberal in the bunch, and, true to form, often agrees with the conservatives! Adds nothing, as expected.

Will Joe now get some consideration as an evening talking head as a replacement for Chris M.? Maybe he and Mika could move from the breakfast nook to the patio and trade in their coffee and smoothies for wine and whiskey.

• LOL 5
39 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

He has resurfaced, BTW, on Fox News!  He is an occasional guest on Bret Baier's panel as the liberal in the bunch, and, true to form, often agrees with the conservatives! Adds nothing, as expected.

Will Joe now get some consideration as an evening talking head as a replacement for Chris M.? Maybe he and Mika could move from the breakfast nook to the patio and trade in their coffee and smoothies for wine and whiskey.

Thanks for the information. Joe recommended that Harold Ford Jr join President Trump's cabinet as show of unity.

It's interesting that Mika & Joe won't invite him back on the show. I this a decision by the network ?

I would love the idea of Mika & Joe drinking alcoholic beverages on the air.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

I would love the idea of Mika & Joe drinking alcoholic beverages on the air.

They could be the new Kathy Lee an Hoda!  Swigging their wine, maybe some slap-and-tickle. Cake!

• LOL 5

Joe and Mika are happy that Joe Biden won the most states and delegates on Super Tuesday.  Mika is laughing about Biden's comeback.

These guys are supposed to be news anchors, but they are celebrating the results.  I find it unprofessional.  SHOCKER.  Breaking News:  Joe and Mika lack boundaries.

Joe said Rep. Jim Clyburn is a kingmaker for Biden.  Joe claims it is shocking and stunning. Joe used "shocking" multiple times.

Joe suggested that Bernie only won California because of early voting.

Mike Barnicle says that people see humanity in Biden.

• Love 6

Joe said the key to Biden winning was his performance in black churches.

Joe said Bill Bradley & Mayor Pete wing of the party do poorly in black churches.

Joe said the Democratic party is a disgrace for starting the race in Iowa & New Hampshire.

Joe said that Trump could win 20% of the African American vote against Sanders.

• Love 4

Joe attacked people that complained about Obama.

Joe forgets that he was complaining about Obama from the moment he got elected.

Joe said that Northern Virginia supported Biden. There was a huge turnout.

• Love 7
(edited)

Joe wants Bloomberg to drop out of the race and use his money to fight Trump.

Kornacki said that the switch from caucuses to primaries hurt Sanders.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4