Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree.  A lot of non-rich people with "regular" jobs are quite happy with their employer health plans, and they shouldn't have to give them up.  I forget who it was who disagreed with Sanders (I think it was O'Rourke but I'm not sure) who said that there's no reason there can't be both options:  keep the employer plan you're satisfied with, and offer Medicare for all to those who either don't like their plan or don't have health insurance. 

It's important that people feel they have a choice, even if the options are limited.   I have AFA healthcare managed by my state.   I'm satisfied with it.   I have three carriers to choose from.   It isn't much but I do like having a choice.   I would NOT like being told "this is your plan, get used to it because there's no alternative" which would be the case with Medicare for All.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'm sure the only surgeons Joe's been in contact with lately are those of the plastic variety and health insurance doesn't cover face lifts and elective boob jobs every six months. 

Ahh, that explains why he wears those bulky sweaters.

• LOL 1
12 minutes ago, millennium said:

It's important that people feel they have a choice, even if the options are limited.   I have AFA healthcare managed by my state.   I'm satisfied with it.   I have three carriers to choose from.   It isn't much but I do like having a choice.   I would NOT like being told "this is your plan, get used to it because there's no alternative" which would be the case with Medicare for All.

Millennium, I have a question for you in Small Talk.

6 minutes ago, millennium said:
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'm sure the only surgeons Joe's been in contact with lately are those of the plastic variety and health insurance doesn't cover face lifts and elective boob jobs every six months. 

Ahh, that explains why he wears those bulky sweaters

Does that cafe have the a/c set on 50? Who wears a sweater in FL in almost July?  They're like the people in AZ who wear winter coats when it's 65 degrees. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's daughter likes Mayor Pete.

Does she honestly think who her daughters support is important? She’s shared it before, as if her offsprings’ endorsements mean shit. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Does that cafe have the a/c set on 50? Who wears a sweater in FL in almost July? 

DH walked into the room while MJ was on. He asked "What the hell is he wearing? Aren't they in Florida?"  Some places do turn the air conditioning pretty low, but wouldn't JoMeeka  have complained?? 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

as if her offsprings’ endorsements mean shit

She has been on an ass kissing campaign with her daughters for the last year. Remember when she'd bitch about them on the show for ordering pizza with her credit card? Or you know, being teenagers? 

Drop a kid on their head it's like they never forgive you. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Some places do turn the air conditioning pretty low, but wouldn't JoMeeka  have complained?? 

As hot and humid as it is in FL, I'd think it would feel good, plus all the lights  & equipment make it hot AF in there, then all the people, etc.  

Did you all see all the MJ mugs on the tables?  

• Love 2

Mr. Kemper and I have been on a getaway so have missed MJ (our hotel did not offer MSNBC) and we chose not watch the debates.  We did get CNN for the debate analysis - it was probably better than the "analysis" given by The Twins and ... who did I hear on the radio this morning...Tom Brokow?

I am so over these shows coronating a winner for each debate.  I really like Kamala Harris but feel like she had rehearsed some of those comments.  As I am sure all of them do.  Her comments were sharp and on point but I don't like to see the candidates beating up on each other.  I know the other candidates must have spoken but you would not have guessed from this morning's discussion.

As we listened to the show on the radio it was jarring to hear Meeka's comments and asides.  No one pays any attention to her.  The sound quality was also terrible...echoes, etc.  Mr. Kemper said that the same techs must have done the debates.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Does that cafe have the a/c set on 50? Who wears a sweater in FL in almost July?  They're like the people in AZ who wear winter coats when it's 65 degrees. 

What’s wrong with wearing a coat in 65* weather?  Here in SoCal 65* is freezing ass cold. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Problem is shows like MJ thrive on confrontations or gotcha moments in events like these.

Then they can talk about it for a week and keep showing clips.

If Harris didn't get off her lines and had her moment with Biden, the media would be sad.

Meanwhile, these candidates polling lower are trying to claw themselves up for media attention.  Show like MJ will have shape the narrative of who "won" and who got destroyed at the debates.

But this is kind of a "burn it down" strategy, that is they're willing to potentially hurt their own party, just so they can climb up and get pundits like those on MJ to talk about it.  These candidates may bloody the frontrunner and potential nominee but they may not lift themselves up enough.

They may only accomplish weakening the potential nominee for the general, rather than elevate themselves or build support for themselves by winning over voters with their ideas, passion, personality, etc.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

It would be nice if Heileman or someone who usually calls him on his BS asked, what was this "friend's" specialty and what "complicated surgery" is getting reimbursed at $850?  

I’m pretty sure the surgeon that Joe is referring to is Dr Dave Campbell, who appears somewhat regularly on Morning Joe. He’s a spine surgeon. He and his wife are friends of Joe and Mika. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Rickster said:

This assumes employers continue to offer good plans, when it’s cheaper for them to push people into a government funded plan.

But if everyone has Medicare for all (MFA) there will be a great deal of pressure to make the plans as good or better than private. If only "poor" people are in it, the plans will be bad.  The trick will be phasing MFA in over time, not trying to do everything for everyone at once.  Private insurers probably could still offer "Cadillac" plans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Mika & Joe are off today. Joe wrote several angry tweets at Democrats on the weekend, so Mika put him in a "Time Out". They will return when Joe calms down.

Willie is happy that the Yankees swept the Red Sox.

Elise is upset at the photo op with Trump & Kim.

It should be a low drama day on Morning Joe with Willie in chrge.

• Love 1

The clips of Ivanka trying to chat with world leaders was funny. It's not clear why she was posing for pictures with other world leaders. Kasie said that she was trying to be with the cool kids but failed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Will Kamala's plan provide cookies for patients?

I remember your surgery with the warm cookies!1 next time Congress has a hearing about government health care, they need to have you as a sponsored guest in the gallery, kinda like the women Bill Clinton harrassed as guests during that one hearing. (I hate that shit, by the way)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I remember your surgery with the warm cookies!1 next time Congress has a hearing about government health care, they need to have you as a sponsored guest in the gallery, kinda like the women Bill Clinton harrassed as guests during that one hearing. (I hate that shit, by the way)

Last week I suggested Oakville be the Canadian healthcare expert and school everyone about the importance of cookies.

I mean what's free Medicare for all without cookies?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Ian Bremmer said Trump shouldn't brink Ivanka to the G20 meetings. It's not take your daughter to work day.

What? I thought it was an extension of summer vaycay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

There was a story at the end of the show about Hunter Biden's substance abuse issues & dealings with Ukraine. It was very sad.

My Dish receiver died yesterday so I can't watch until the replacement arrives. Did they mention that - in addition to spending family funds on drugs and prostitutes - a large factor in the collapse of his marriage is his affair with his brother Beau's widow? TIA.

4 minutes ago, suomi said:

Did they mention that - in addition to spending family funds on drugs and prostitutes - a large factor in the collapse of his marriage is his affair with his brother Beau's widow?

Yep.  It's all in a major article in the New Yorker.  The author was on.

• Love 1

Well I'll be.  17 minutes into this morning's first block, and it's GREAT.   Five high level experts calmly, rationally discussing the Democratic contenders.  They're - get this - given time to create nuance, to discuss subtle degrees of similarity/difference, they're given space to explain.
Noah punchface Rothman was calm, cogent, articulate, and accurate.
I came away from that block understanding current circumstances clearly, and I'm armed with several people's well-considered perspectives.  I'm not tired and jittery from being yelled at.
I suppose the producers define Joe's energy as a positive factor.  Perhaps viewers like the shouting.   I don't, at least not in this circumstance where a weighty topic is given time to be thoroughly discussed.  The show may be lifeless later without Joe's hysterics and Tales of Congress, but as an ingredient it has to be judiciously added.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I don't know what to do with a Noah Rothman I agree with.
Eugene, Noah, Rattner all agreed re: Nike and flag wokeness

Poor Kornacki hasn't said anything for 45 minutes.

I had decided I like Noah after seeing him on Hardball last month. Joe must bring out the worst in him.

I thought Kornacki was going to to start running around looking for his board. He seemed out if sorts this morning. Although hosting a show is one of his redeeming qualities  IMO 

• Love 1

Noah punchface Rothman

HEE!!  I refer to him as "The Sniff"

All the Democrats on moping about the Glory and Majesty of Trump's rallyImean 4th of July celebration need to stfu, put their heads down and frickin' work on beating him. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, stormy said:

I had decided I like Noah after seeing him on Hardball last month. Joe must bring out the worst in him

I've said it before, Rothman always looks like somebody farted.  Maybe it's Joe?

• LOL 2

Mika & Joe are off today. Willie is the host.

It's a much more informative show without Joe.

The main topic is Biden's falling poll numbers. Kamala Harris & Elizabeth Warren are gaining popularity.

Eugene Robinson & Tom Nichols debated whether the Democratic nominee should focus on appealing to  Never Trumpers or Democratic Base.

Robinson warned Never Trumpers that the Democrats will have a much more progressive platform for 2020.

• Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

All the Democrats on moping about the Glory and Majesty of Trump's rallyImean 4th of July celebration need to stfu, put their heads down and frickin' work on beating him. 

I agree, but I will say that Hallie Jackson annoyed me mightily with her reporting on this topic today. She was reporting on it like a breathless local-news weather girl, versus a serious examination of whether it's appropriate or cost effective. And, really, this idea she posited that we "don't do enough to honor the military" is just baffling to me. We honor the troops just fine; it's the veterans we fall short with.

Susan DelPercio had it right. Spend the money on veterans services and give them the Fourth of July holiday off!

Edited by Eliot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Happy 4th of July ! It'a taped show today. Mika & Joe reminded viewers that they had recorded the show earlier but still did the comedy of routine of pretending that it was a live show,

Mika & Joe are still upset about being called out for pretending to do a live show on a holiday.

Joe asked Meacham about the GOP being doomed under Trump.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Happy 4th of July ! It'a taped show today. Mika & Joe reminded viewers that they had recorded the show earlier but still did the comedy of routine of pretending that it was a live show,

Mika & Joe are still upset about being called out for pretending to do a live show on a holiday.

So it was business as usual for the stars of the show

• Love 2

You know, I didn't expect to see them today and wasn't surprised they dragged out the old "we/re not really here" schtick because we haven't heard that one in a while but you would think after the beating Joe took on Twitter this week the Scarborough's would get a clue and a new routine.  They are such stubborn little devils.

• Love 2

Huh, I don't have Morning Joe listed on my cable guide for tomorrow but Tom Nichols says he's going to be on for the entire 3 hours and based on his Twitter feed this afternoon I will definitely be tuning in . . . 😄

• Love 1

Monday Recap. Mika & Joe are back in Florida. They are both wearing very dark blue suits. Mika is wearing much more makeup than normal.

Mika made fun of Trump flubbing his lines on the teleprompter.

Mika's cheeks look rounder than usual. She is tanned.

Mika was happy that the Women won the World Cup of Soccer. She wants equal pay for the women soccer players.

Mika was upset that Trump's approval rating went up 5 to 47 %.

Biden is still beating Trump 53-43. The other Democrats are mostly tied with Trump.

Joe made fun of the Red Sox almost blowing games against the Tigers.

Joe wonders why Trump was on a twitter rant last night.

Joe did not comment on his own twitter rants last week.

Joe wonders whether the Democrats performance in the debates is helping Trump.

Biden is still leading the Democrats nomination. 30-19.

Michelle Obama would not comment on the debate between Harris & Biden.

Joe discussed that he wasn't as popular with younger voters when he ran for Congress. It took time for them to realize how good a candidate he was to represent Pensacola.

Joe said he was very popular with older voters.

It will take time for African Americans to support Kamala Harris.

The panel is happy that Biden apologized for working with Segregationists.

The Obamas are not ready to endorse Biden yet.

Joe is very excited about Jeff Epstein being arrested for sex trafficking of kids.

Mika was happy to read the leaked cable about the UK Ambassador stating that Trump is inept & incompetent.

Joe said his sources in Europe told him "off the record" that Trump was incompetent.

I wonder if Mika & Joe are going to a funeral after the show ? Mika's top is black & her blaer is dark blue like Joe's.

Chris C**** is recommending that Democratic Senators discuss their faith more often.

Barnicle said that one Senator carries rosary beads.

Barnicle said that Trump will be vicious against any Democratic opponent.

Haass said that Biden is  a safe candidate that looks Presidential.

There was a good discussion about inter generational income mobility. The Southern states have weak movement from the lowest fifth to the highest fifth of income.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Tom Steyer might run for President. He is a Billionaire & supports impeaching Trump. He supports fighting climate change.

Mika is mad at Acosta who now is a Cabinet Secretary for Trump for letting Jeff Epstein on sex trafficking charges. Mika thinks he might be involved in the case

Mika had trouble pronouncing Ireland & visits on the teleprompter this morning. She called it vijits & Island.

Mika mocked Trump for visiting his golf course in Ireland.

Mika had trouble pronouncing the name of the golf course in Northern Ireland.

Mika & Joe discussed the Maureen Dowd article in the NY Times. Pelosi said AOC & the other new congresswoman only have 1 vote in Congress. Their popularity on twitter doesn't count.

Joe reminded viewers that he served in Congress & was more popular than other Congressmen because he represented public sentiment.

Joe is worried about Pelosi getting into fights with AOC. She is the Speaker of the House.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

He supports climate change.

He might want to rethink that! 🙂

6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said his sources in Europe told him "off the record" that Trump was incompetent.

He couldn't figure that out on his own? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2