Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, oakville said:

he didn't discuss how they fell after 2010.

because that would negate his argument re: the rap artists love Trump.

Again, that was from the 90s, when he was portraying himself as a billionaire wheeler dealer and the rap & hip hop videos featured him. 

Try to get into the 21st Century Joe. 

6 minutes ago, millennium said:

Hot tub!

OMG I loved that!! 

Get in the hot tub! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said she was in favor of equal pay for women.

Was she forcefully demanding that women be paid equally, or just her usual mealy mouthed "I'm in favor of equal pay, dont' yell at me Joe" BS. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

Joe said the candidates have to play the long game.

Joe said he only had 12% support when he first start running for Congress. As the campaign continued, Joe's said his popularity grew. Joe ended up winning!.

I wonder if there will be more discussion tomorrow about Joe's congressional campaigns?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said the candidates have to play the long game.

Joe said he only had 12% support when he first start running for Congress. As the campaign continued, Joe's said his popularity grew. Joe ended up winning!.

I wonder if there will be more discussion tomorrow about Joe's congressional campaigns?

Heilemann this morning "I learned something new today. Joe ran for Congress''.

Gotta love Heilemann!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, stormy said:

Heilemann this morning "I learned something new today. Joe ran for Congress''.

Gotta love Heilemann!

Joe's too obtuse to realize he's being insulted. 

If Mika had a brain or a spine, she'd tell him "Honey, everyone in this universe and beyond knows you were in Congress, let it go". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Kasie said voters won't give up their private insurance. Kasie is happy with her plan.

Well bless her heart. What does she make $300,00 to $800,00 a year????? Why the hell should she give up anything?

Carnegie Rothschild,

I think that's the name of a rapper.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Kasie said voters won't give up their private insurance. Kasie is happy with her plan.

13 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Well bless her heart. What does she make $300,00 to $800,00 a year????? Why the hell should she give up anything?

They will if they have something similar or better under MFA. 

She & Joe & Donnie and their "you poors better not fuck with our shit" is getting really old. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Sharpton said the latte liberals should stop talking to each other.

I don't remember who said what, but I actually saw Rev Al break into smiles and laughter! Heilemann is a hoot, love his humor. I lost count of how many times Joe referred to "his time in Congress", but it was a lot, just like on MJ, only maybe more?

53 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

They will if they have something similar or better under MFA. 

She & Joe & Donnie and their "you poors better not fuck with our shit" is getting really old. 

On today's show Joe said he would accept some modifications to Obamacare as long as his own plan was not altered. He will not give up his plan under any circumstances.

Democrats better watch out. Joe's vote & opinions are crucial in a swing state like Florida.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

On today's show Joe said he would accept some modifications to Obamacare as long as his own plan was not altered. He will not give up his plan under any circumstances.

Joe can kiss my liberal latte drinking ass.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, oakville said:

I’m a  liberal in a lot of things, but I worked my ass off for 35 years for my medical benefits. why should I be forced to give up the benefits I earned  for something  that would be subpar and I’d have to pay for?

Edited by chillenout
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, chillenout said:

I’m a  liberal in a lot of things, but I worked my ass off for 35 years for my medical benefits. why should I be forced to give up the benefits I earned  for something  that would be subpar and I’d have to pay for?

I agree.  A lot of non-rich people with "regular" jobs are quite happy with their employer health plans, and they shouldn't have to give them up.  I forget who it was who disagreed with Sanders (I think it was O'Rourke but I'm not sure) who said that there's no reason there can't be both options:  keep the employer plan you're satisfied with, and offer Medicare for all to those who either don't like their plan or don't have health insurance. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

keep the employer plan you're satisfied with, and offer Medicare for all to those who either don't like their plan or don't have health insurance. 

That makes a lot of sense, and I hope this would be the approach the Dems would take in fixing the health care problem in this country. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree.  A lot of non-rich people with "regular" jobs are quite happy with their employer health plans, and they shouldn't have to give them up.  I forget who it was who disagreed with Sanders (I think it was O'Rourke but I'm not sure) who said that there's no reason there can't be both options:  keep the employer plan you're satisfied with, and offer Medicare for all to those who either don't like their plan or don't have health insurance. 

This assumes employers continue to offer good plans, when it’s cheaper for them to push people into a government funded plan.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, little hermit said:

Joe is hollering at the Democratic candidates about why they are going to lose and I'm turning the channel

His opening rant seemed to change the whole mood of the show. The crowd at the restaurant was very upbeat as the show opened, but his "the whole debate was a disaster" schtick seemed to be a total buzzkill.

• Love 7
(edited)

OK   I lasted one hour with this.

The debate discussion was boring as hell. I'll wait for oakville's recaps 😄

I'm really not surprised that again this morning the panel has chosen who to elevate. 

Are there going to be two days and 20 candidates next time around? JMO but voters like me are not tuning in.

And stop showing, reading whatever the fucking tweets!

Edited by stormy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Friday Recap. Angry Joe is back. He called the debate a clown show. He blasted all the candidates for interrupting each other and said it was a disaster for the Democratic Party. Mika's looked at the camera with a sad face and almost started to cry. Joe said they should not fight each other.

Joe said the Democrats policy of allowing all illegal immigrants to get free health care is dumb. He also got mad at Democrats for wanting to stop making it illegal to cross the US border.

Joe said Trump will even win Virginia if Democrats follow through with their policies.

Joe criticized Biden. He was off his game & it was bad as Reagan's 1984 debate.

Joe gave back his time to Kamala. Bernie didn't prepare for the debates.

Joe is mad at Kamala for bringing up the Bussing issue of the 1970's. Biden was opposed to bussing .

Joe is mad at having to discuss segregation.

Joe said schools are segregated today in Miami.

Joe is mad at Trump for talking to Putin.

Joe said Biden's time might be up.

Willie said Kamala will eliminate private insurance. 180 million people will lose their plans.

Adrienne is worried about Joe Biden. He was on the defensive.

Heilmann said that Kamala was dominant . She can prosecute the case against Donald Trump.

They showed a clip of Trump jokingly telling Putin to stop meddling in the election.

Joe is bragging about the time he kicked Trump off his show for joking about killing journalists.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is bragging about the time he kicked Trump off his show for joking about killing journalists.

And had him right back on after the commercial break. Did he mention that part? 

I thought not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Kamala is losing me fast. She was one of my picks to be one of the last ones standing. I want to focus on the future including voter suppression, and not re-litigate the past.  In addition, I disagree with her mis-characteracterization of Biden's comments. Gillibrand is grabbing more of my attention after hearing her speak this morning and on another show and moving up on my list.

Kamala's voice is whiny right now.  I'm so sad about the impact of her interview on me this morning.

• Love 6

Steele was happy that Mayor Pete took responsibility for the police shooting a black man.

Joe said the Democrats were foolish to not take on the base of the party.

Gov Bullock was on the show from NY. He took Joe's advice to do town halls. He did not qualify for the debate.

He wants Democrats to focus on issues that people care about. He does not support free health insurance for illegal immigrants.

Mika started eating Mangos from a random guest at 7 am.

Al Sharpton & Kasie "don't touch my insurance" Hunt appeared.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said the Democrats were foolish to not take on the base of the party.

Did he discuss how the Republicans never take on their base but rather play right to them, or how he encouraged Trump to focus on the base?  

• Love 7

Mika's daughter likes Mayor Pete.

Mayor Pete said he is working on hiring more African American police officers.

8 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Did he discuss how the Republicans never take on their base but rather play right to them, or how he encouraged Trump to focus on the base?  

No.

• Love 1

Joe said his friend is a surgeon who won't accept $850 for a complicated surgery. They have to adjust the billing rates for medicare. It is too low.

Medicare pays less than some insurance plans.

Mika said that Kamala owns the room. She got more applause than the other candidates.

Joe bragged to Kamala about attending desegregated schools in Mississippi.

Joe is being very careful about questioning Kamala.

Kamala does not like states rights taking over voting rights.

Joe said Liberty City Miami is still segregated . There are no white kids in the schools.

Joe likes Charter Schools for poor black families in urban areas.

Kamala is against cash bail system. She likes Rand Paul.

Willie did his best to defend Joe Biden for working with segregationists.

Kamala said she works with Republican Senators like Rand Paul but he isn't a segregationist.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rickster said:
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

This assumes employers continue to offer good plans, when it’s cheaper for them to push people into a government funded plan.

Small talk. 

Kamala would be willing to give up her own insurance for Medicare for all.

She will still allow others to keep private insurance for supplemental coverage

Joe does not want any more hand raising at debates. It gets them into trouble.

• Love 1

Willie tried to get Kamala to clarify her position. She wants everybody enrolled in Medicare but will allow private insurance for supplemental coverage.

She said 91% of doctors accept medicare.

Mika was happy that Kamala spoke at the Know Your Value summit last November.

Mika said there is something happening with women this yer . Is it because of her KYV speeches?

After this Joe  got excited about Kamala's running shoes. Everyone compared shoes.

• Love 1

There was clip show of Tom Brokaw's debate segments. Brokaw said the debates were important last night.

Brokaw is worried about the Democrats being divided on racial lines.

Joe said the campaign is still in the early stages. Biden can still recover. Reagan recovered in 1984.

A few weeks ago, Joe said the race was over.

Eddie Glaude said Bernie said the same things in 2019 that he did in 2016.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe's anecdotes about his friends always seem to support his position on any issue.

It would be nice if Heileman or someone who usually calls him on his BS asked, what was this "friend's" specialty and what "complicated surgery" is getting reimbursed at $850?  

I'm sure the only surgeons Joe's been in contact with lately are those of the plastic variety and health insurance doesn't cover face lifts and elective boob jobs every six months. 

Let's not forget, Google is "complicated" for Joe.  As was his relationship with Mika, according to Mika.  

I love doctors who get into medicine for the money, don't you? 

• Love 4

Mika was upset about the moderators asking people to raise their hands for answers to complex questions.

Joe said he would never raise his hands at a debate.

Mika dropped coffee in her purse during the interview with Brokaw.

Mika was excited about her new partnership with Telemundo for KYV.

Willie' dad's book is in the top 10. He got to sell his dad's book at Mika's book event.

Mika urged people to buy her book.

Mika drank wine at her event.

Senator Bennett showed up. He wants Democrats to win the Senate

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was upset about the moderators asking people to raise their hands for answers to complex questions.

I actually agree with them here. The whole hand-raising thing is gimmicky and dumb. Serious issues do require nuanced answers.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

She said it was a breakthrough for women.

Yeah we never had a female candidate for POTUS before, Mika.  

10 minutes ago, oakville said:

That's like me saying "I won't play in the NBA". 

Don't worry Joe. You won't be in any debates. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was excited about her new partnership with Telemundo for KYV.

Oh FFS.  

¿Quién es esta loca? ¿Por qué no se calla?

(Who is this crazy woman? Why won't she shut up?)

14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika drank wine at her event.

So we gave up on the no sugar thing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oakville, maybe MJ could book you as a Canadian healthcare expert to explain what Medicare for all is. And don't forget to tell them about "cookies for everyone!'

Edited by stormy
Spelling
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, stormy said:

Oakville, maybe MJ could book you as a Candidate healthcare expert to explain what Medicare for all is. And don't forget to tell them about "cookies for everyone!'

Ha!. I did get confused over Kamala & Willie discussing Medicare. Our system is relatively simple. You present your healthcare card at the doctor or hospital & they handle all the billing issues.

Will Kamala's plan provide cookies for patients?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said they should not fight each other.

If I remember correctly the Republican candidates, during the 2015 debates, also fought each other. No Joe, this is not the first "in fighting" we have seen in the primary debates.

• Love 4