Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

It was an excellent recap!   But the way it cut through the excess bloviating and optimistic punditry straight to the bleak insights was sort of disheartening.  The GOP is going to wreck all it can and hold a death grip on power no matter the cost to us all.

• Love 7

Excellent recap General Days!

General Days are you mayhaps related to our Dear Departed Oakville?  He used to recap for us everyday.

She also teased an upcoming segment with Senator Dick Durbin and Mayor Andrew Gillum, but I can't keep doing this.

This bothered me.  Mika spoke about Andrew Gillum and about how he had suicidal thoughts and sought treatment, then she tone-deafly chirps a segueway about the next segment, probably some stupid-ass sports thing.

Maryanne Trump Barry

Holey Moley.  I have the same first name as Trump's sister and I never knew it!!  Maybe I should start shielding the $1500 I have in my savings account....

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

probably some stupid-ass sports thing.

I think it was "enter to win $25,000 of Joe's money, come on stage and convince me of your value, but don't be prettier or smarter than me, becos that just pisses me off". 

• Love 3

probably some stupid-ass sports thing.

I think it was "enter to win $25,000 of Joe's money, come on stage and convince me of your value, but don't be prettier or smarter than me, becos that just pisses me off". 

I think you're right!! All I know is I thought they were going to introduce the guy as a guest or say some somber comment, but no, it's Mika's "bright and cheery" voice.  Gah.

edited to bitch some more:  It pisses me off when they have a guest on, and he tells us accurately that Trump is the Doom of the Known World, and then Joe ends the segment by by asking the guest some version of, "So how about those Red Sox??"

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

General Days are you mayhaps related to our Dear Departed Oakville?  He used to recap for us everyday.

This bothered me.  Mika spoke about Andrew Gillum and about how he had suicidal thoughts and sought treatment, then she tone-deafly chirps a segueway about the next segment, probably some stupid-ass sports thing.

Holey Moley.  I have the same first name as Trump's sister and I never knew it!!  Maybe I should start shielding the $1500 I have in my savings account....

No, I have read Oakville's recaps. I knew he was stopping and hoping to get back to it. I haven't watched this show regularly in quite some time, and I'm sorry I did today. When you say "Dear Departed," there's no good way to ask this. Did Oakville die? 

I don't think it was Gillum who was suicidal, right? He's the Mayor running for FLA Governor. Did you mean Jason Kander? I mostly fast-forwarded through those segments. 

Don't let the grifters take your money!

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

OOPS! I think he's moving to Florida, which is close.......

Okay, I kind of thought he had moved from one place (Canada maybe) to Florida, or was on a long trip or assignment or something. Glad to hear it.

• Love 1

I hope our dear friend Oakville returns after he retires to winter in FL

I can tell you first hand, that after moving to FL earlier this year from MN, it's a lot different than vacationing here.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, stormy said:

I hope our dear friend Oakville returns after he retires to winter in FL

I can tell you first hand, that after moving to FL earlier this year from MN, it's a lot different than vacationing here.

I hope so too, but I think there is a good chance that when he returns, there will be no Morning Joe.

• Love 2

Thanks General Days for the indepth recap.  I only lasted about 5 minutes and was just so disgusted, discouraged.  I still want to go thru the TV and throttle Eddie Glaude - Mr. There's No Difference between Hilary and trump.  Still think that Mr. Glaude?  

• Love 2

The panel is making me ill this morning and Mika is horrid.

“Just because he lied doesn’t mean he did it!” No, but if he lied about all those little things, isn’t it MORE LIKELY he is lying about the big things too? Think it through, buttercup.

Now they are gleefully parsing the tough poll results for Democrats.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6

After 14 minutes of depressing polls, we are now talking about Joe's "beloved" (his description) Red Sox?  Was he born and raised in Boston?  It's a do or die situation for the Red Sox.  Even Bill Karins has gotten into it.  He's given us the forecast for Friday night in Boston.

Edited by stormy
45 minutes ago, stormy said:

After 14 minutes of depressing polls, we are now talking about Joe's "beloved" (his description) Red Sox?  Was he born and raised in Boston?  It's a do or die situation for the Red Sox.  Even Bill Karins has gotten into it.  He's given us the forecast for Friday night in Boston.

I didn't see the polls but they were inevitable given the premature and groundless hyping of a "blue wave" by the idiots on this show and other news programs.   That's the thing about pendulums, they're always in motion.   They always swing back. 

re: Red Sox.   Scarborough is a wannabe.   Always will be.   (signed)  A New England native. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6

And we have Mike Barnicle acting shocked at Lindsey Grahmas recent kissing up to trump. Why could have happened? Ummm first of all he was always a douche bag and now he's a douche bag who wants to be attorney general. 

• Love 8

It pains me to admit that I really liked Mika going after Kellyann Conway. All morning she was sitting there like a blow up doll then bam! Mika even cut off joe when he tried to interrupt. Whether Kellyann speaks out about her abuse or not isn't going to change things with kavanaugh but the hypocrisy of this administration is mind blowing. And press secretary huckabeast standing up there lying, just so frustrating. 

• Love 3

So the fault of the GOP ramming through an ultra-right-wing, executive-power-loving, reactionary judge lies with...the Democrats and the "media" for overplaying their powerless hands? Ugh. First hour was unwatchable for me this morning. You can always tell when beady-eyed GOP Joe is running the talking points.

• Love 8

What I used to like about MJ is that the hosts' and panelists' points of view resonated with my own reactions to what has happened in America over these last two years.   It was refreshing because other news shows were too timid to venture beyond the false equivalency dichotomy created during the 2016 campaign.   Scarborough's red-faced rants against the vile behavior of Trump and Republicans, Mika banning KellyAnne Conway from the show, the fact that Trump clearly hated the show -- it only made me like the show more.   When some offensive word or deed issued from the White House, you could count on this show to tear it down.

All of that vitriol is gone now.   The underlying goal of today's MJ seems to be the mollifying of Republicans, and, by extension, Trump.  It's a passive-aggressive farce.   A pretense of impartiality.   Whether by casting doubt on Kavanaugh's accusers, tsk-tsking polls that show Democrats' enthusiasm waning, or bringing one puh-sway-doh-intellectual after another on as guests to explain why Republicans have the edge, this show's lips are now fused to the GOP's wrinkled ass.  

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Abiding Dude said:

You can always tell when beady-eyed GOP Joe is running the talking points.

Well abidingdude you know what they say; leopards and (not former) republicans can't change their spots 

• Love 2

Ok, I just tuned in at the bottom of the last hour of the show AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY THAT SOME BLOGGER IS SAYING MEAN THINGS ABOUT MIKA (again) AND LET'S WASTE ANOTHER 5 MINUTES EXPLAINING WHAT SHE MEANT AS SHE IS PRACTICALLY KILLING HERSELF FOR WOMEN (and don't forget those KYV tickets are going fast).

God this show is so messy.

Snort.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I just tuned in at the bottom of the last hour of the show AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY THAT SOME BLOGGER IS SAYING MEAN THINGS ABOUT MIKA (again) AND LET'S WASTE ANOTHER 5 MINUTES EXPLAINING WHAT SHE MEANT AS SHE IS PRACTICALLY KILLING HERSELF FOR WOMEN (and don't forget those KYV tickets are going fast).

God this show is so messy.

Snort.

Are they actually addressing the Greta tweets and Mika trashing Mediaite tweets on the show? Cringe. Mika is making a fool of herself simultaneously on two platforms. That’s value right there.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Are they actually addressing the Greta tweets and Mika trashing Mediaite tweets on the show? Cringe. Mika is making a fool of herself simultaneously on two platforms. That’s value right there.

Wait what? I missed this. I couldn't stand Joe's giddiness over "Democrats surge has stopped, they decided not to vote at all, Red Wave MAGA!" bullshit at 6:05 am. Turned it off. 

Mika is not killing herself with anything other than the massive amounts of Botox she has injected into her face, and drinking herself into a Brett Kavanaugh black out every night to escape the nightmare that she turned her life into when she decided it would be better to hitch her caboose to Joe Scarborough instead of staying with the lovely man she married.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Woah, ok I need to catch up and do some research but it's hilarious that MJ would have a problem with Mediaite as they are slavishly devoted to those two idiots.  Careful to bite the hand that feeds you Meeks.

• Love 3

Wow, so Joe and Willie both MASSIVELY misrepresented the nature and source of the allegations against Kavanaugh on today's show. Just one highlight - Joe decried the media reporting on "anonymously-sourced articles that Kavanaugh was running 'rape factories' in high school." Totally untrue; the allegations came from Swetnick's sworn testimony and detailed how Judge, Kavanaugh, and others used to conspire to get girls drunk so they could have sex with them. That was common behavior among many, many fraternities and sports teams back in those days and was so run-of-the-mill that it was something girls just naturally had to watch out for.

I forget what Willie said toward the end of the show, but it pissed me off mightily.

• Love 8

That’s value right there.

HEE!  Is that the new KMart slogan?

Is it just me--why every time Mika delivers a (well- deserved) zing at KAC, why do I feel there's a meangirls component to it? Like every thing she says about her is tinged by the time KAC badmouthed Trump to them 2 years ago and then denied it later.  Although we ALL know it was true?  Am I just one of the people in the world that think there always has to be a girlfight?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Wow, so Joe and Willie both MASSIVELY misrepresented the nature and source of the allegations against Kavanaugh on today's show. Just one highlight - Joe decried the media reporting on "anonymously-sourced articles that Kavanaugh was running 'rape factories' in high school." Totally untrue; the allegations came from Swetnick's sworn testimony and detailed how Judge, Kavanaugh, and others used to conspire to get girls drunk so they could have sex with them. That was common behavior among many, many fraternities and sports teams back in those days and was so run-of-the-mill that it was something girls just naturally had to watch out for.

I forget what Willie said toward the end of the show, but it pissed me off mightily.

I would lay odds Joe got this bullshit from Fox News.  The only person I have heard talk about the gang rape was Julie Swetnick, and the reporting thereof.  "Rape factories?" JFC Joe. And it's others in the media enflaming this story? You fucking jackass. 

2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

s it just me--why every time Mika delivers a (well- deserved) zing at KAC, why do I feel there's a meangirls component to it? Like every thing she says about her is tinged by the time KAC badmouthed Trump to them 2 years ago and then denied it later.  Although we ALL know it was true?  Am I just one of the people in the world that think there always has to be a girlfight?

Also that Mika probably saw herself as Deputy Director of Communications in Trump Administration, and is still pissed that KAC got the gig.  You'll never get me to believe that Joe & Mika weren't gunning for positions in the off chance (at the time) that he was elected. 

• Love 5

What exactly did Mika say about KAC?  I just read thru the Greta/Mika tweet fight, and I seem to recall Mika telling Dr Ford "do your job come forward and testify", when Dr Ford was trying to work out with Senate how that would happen. 

Mika's big on telling other women what to do and how to do it, "she's killing herself people!!"  when she won't even talk about her own engagement to Douchebro. 

These women were victims of sexual assault and don't want to talk about it, and you give them shit, so then sit down and tell us all about your years long affair with Dipshit. 

or stfu

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

why do I feel there's a meangirls component to it?

Exactly and I think we all feel it.  That woman has a mean streak in her a mile wide and doesn't mind using it against anyone including her beloved (allegedly) female tribe.  That five minute segment I caught at the bottom of the last hour captured the essence of the show perfectly.  It's devolved into an opinion show (theirs depending on twitter blowback or overnight ratings) so hoping to find new information or different viewpoints is a waste of time.  

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, millennium said:

He can't be relied on to be objective or fair.

And apparently neither can Mika.
What is the world's perception of her?  In our echo chamber here, we have a very skewed view of who Mika is, but certainly the outside world has thoughts?  I don't follow her on twitter and don't read the media's coverage of political media.  Is she viewed as a benign amusement?  A voice for women's rights?  A hapless clown?

• Love 4

What exactly did Mika say about KAC? 

When Trump first started his run and took on KAC, she was a guest on MJ, apparently, backstage and off mike KAC said something to Mika and Joe that she was just doing this for the money and, I believe, inferring that Trump was less than.  So M&J months later say this right on air and KAC denied.

• Love 2

Could someone tell me when and how white males became the "backbone of the Democratic party?"  If that's true, that's news to the black women who put Alabama's Roy Moore and others over the top, as well as the other women and non-white males who have showed up and showed out in the primaries and special elections.  As my grandmother used to say, "talk about what you know, and know what you're talking about."  Oh, and just so you know, Joe, people of color and other so-called minorities are real people with real concerns, i.e. taxes, the ability to send kids to college, affordable health insurance--hell just fucking being left alone so they can LIVE without some Barbecue Becky calling the damn police for dumb shit.

And, Joe and Mika actually lecturing the media about "bias" in its stories?  Are these two nimrods fucking kidding me right now? We watched these two kiss Drumpf's ass during the campaign and overheard them on a hot mic agreeing to peddle him softball questions.  We saw them allow Drumpf to call in every morning to the point where the show was nicknamed "Morning Trump." They, probably more than any other "cable news" show, gave Drumpf lots of free advertising.  We saw Meek-a gush over Ivanka (the czarina) and her consort's supposed good looks.  She even attempted to normalize Melania by giving her a powder puff interview.  Evidently, these two think people are stupid or are suffering from dementia.  Their lecturing the media about "bias" has to be one of the biggest mind fucks perpetrated on viewers I've ever seen.  Hate to break it to them but some of us have some very long memories and won't hesitate to call them out on their biases. Those biases include the type of hypocritical anti-Clinton bias that compels Meek-a to excuse Kavanaugh's lying under oath in one breath while she and her so-called man excoriate President Clinton for doing the same thing in the next breath.  I won't even touch on how Drumpf became Public Enemy No. 1 when he attacked Meek-a, which explains why they ramped up their own attacks on him for months.

Of course, they're thrilled that the races are getting closer.  Joe has always been about the horse race and they really shouldn't get it twisted.  Despite what those polls seem to indicate, Democrats and Progressives are NOT unenthusiastic.  Please don't get being exhausted confused with being unmotivated.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

A hapless clown?

I don't think Joe or Mika enjoy much respect in DC or the rest of the media. I don't think they even care any more. They enjoy the sound of their own voices too much to listen to someone who dares to disagree.  

FWIW, Mimi Rocah and Maya Wiley have been sleeping on cots at MSNBC the last few weeks, they are on shows day and night. Haven't seen them on Morning Joe tho have we? 

What guests do they get? Yeah Michael Lewis would come on, he has a new (fantastic) book to promote, but where are the women that appear on all the other programs.  Joyce Vance may still appear, but I haven't even seen her for a while.  They act like booking Kasie or Hallie is getting a guest.  They work for the network, that's not a guest. 

If Mika was so "up with women" as she claims, I'd think we'd have all these women guests on to give their views, expert opinion on legal proceedings, what's going on in elections, etc.  Their convos about anything is basically, "well I think" bullshit.  Evelyn Farkas is a former Senate Aide to Carl Levin, she'd be a great guest as far as Senate proceedings.  She's on a lot of other shows, but not MJ. 

6 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

how white males became the "backbone of the Democratic party?" 

WHAT??!!  Who said that?  Joe? Is he getting into Mika's box of wine during commercial breaks? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I don't think Joe or Mika enjoy much respect in DC or the rest of the media. I don't think they even care any more. They enjoy the sound of their own voices too much to listen to someone who dares to disagree.  

FWIW, Mimi Rocah and Maya Wiley have been sleeping on cots at MSNBC the last few weeks, they are on shows day and night. Haven't seen them on Morning Joe tho have we? 

What guests do they get? Yeah Michael Lewis would come on, he has a new (fantastic) book to promote, but where are the women that appear on all the other programs.  Joyce Vance may still appear, but I haven't even seen her for a while.  They act like booking Kasie or Hallie is getting a guest.  They work for the network, that's not a guest. 

If Mika was so "up with women" as she claims, I'd think we'd have all these women guests on to give their views, expert opinion on legal proceedings, what's going on in elections, etc.  Their convos about anything is basically, "well I think" bullshit.  Evelyn Farkas is a former Senate Aide to Carl Levin, she'd be a great guest as far as Senate proceedings.  She's on a lot of other shows, but not MJ. 

WHAT??!!  Who said that?  Joe? Is he getting into Mika's box of wine during commercial breaks? 

I know that Joe and Meek-a get dragged pretty regularly on social media, and Media Matters calls them out regularly for their on-air foolery.  It's just disappointing that The Washington Post continually gives Joe valuable real estate on editorial page.

TeddysMom, Joe was bloviating about Wisconsin and Michigan and about white males were the backbone of the party.  It drives me batty when they don't delve deeper and discuss the severe gerrymandering in Wisconsin and voter suppression tactics by the GOP.  In fact, there's a ballot measure in Michigan to stop gerrymandering altogether.

Instead, Joe is more focused on polls and then starts crowing about Democrats "overplaying their hand" with Kavanaugh.  I fail to see how wanting an unbiased jurist on the Supreme Court, who didn't vow that "what goes around comes"), and who isn't a serial liar, a possible dry drunk, and vindictive conspiracy theorist, is "overplaying" one's hand.   Did it occur to Joe that anger about victim-shaming, possible sexual assault, and a sham investigation, could motivate people to show up at the polls?  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

white males were the backbone of the party. 

And that what, the DNC isn't kissing the ass of white men to get them to vote ?

Is he high? Not since the great Southern Dem migration to the Republican party back in what the 70/80s?  Women and minorities have been the strength of the Dem Party for decades. 

Joe can take his White Male Pity Party (which is really what this is all about) and shove it up his ass. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Instead, Joe is more focused on polls and then starts crowing about Democrats "overplaying their hand" with Kavanaugh.  

In Scarborough-Vision: The Democrats were supposed to sit with their hands in their laps, let Kavanaugh be confirmed unchallenged, and then politely hope the votes go their way in November.   Instead they got uppity, so they deserve to lose.   

• Love 7
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

If Mika was so "up with women" as she claims, I'd think we'd have all these women guests on to give their views, expert opinion on legal proceedings, what's going on in elections, etc. 

Most of the guests are JoeBros.  They tend to tell him how right he is or we don’t see them again (with Heileman the exception).

For all her years in journalism, Mika doesn’t seem to have built that web of sources and experts she can reach out to for explanation and insight. It’s a real shortcoming as co-host and speaks to professional weakness. Compare that to Stephanie Ruhle or Katy Tur, who always seem to have the right guest at the right time. It’s such a waste of three hours, especially in this news environment. 

• Love 7

Not a regular viewer of this show.  Anticipation if The FBI report got the best of my anxiety yesterday which glued me to all the political shows on a loop. I understand from reading this forum Joe and/or Mika are often absent from the set of the show and on a splitscreen somewhere off-site. Does the show give any explanation for that  or  do they just not address it at all and it has become the accepted "norm" ? 

What plausible excuse could they have for working from home 80% of the time? 

And if they aren't able to show up for work why not get new hosts who are willing to?

• Love 6

So joe blowviates that the democrats wouldn't accept the FBI findings unless they were explosive. All the democrats wanted was a real investigation which they obviously didn't get. And whatever earlier guest who said Jeff flake was so pained by all of this. Why is it so painful to do the right thing especially when you aren't running for re election. Ugh, here comes Noah Rothman, time to change the channel

• Love 7

Well lookee there, apparently they can show up for the first part of the last hour of the show.

jjbjjbh, welcome to the boards and yes for most of this year it is not unusual for them to be in a remote location.  It started with Joe and now has spread to Meeks as well.  It's beyond all of us why this is allowed and more importantly why no articles/stories are written about it as it is beyond belief that they have this gig when literally every other morning anchor is expected to be physically in the studio.

• Love 3

Is Meeks involved in this Me Too discussion?  Reason why I ask is because I just looked at her Twitter feed and she is posting on Instagram about Meatball the rescue cat during the middle of it.

And then she wonders why the responses to her on Twitter are usually flammable . . . oh, and I see she is "there" . . . and now Joe has blown back in . . . maybe it's contract negotiation time.

• Love 5

Oh no wonder they are sticking around live for the last hour.  They have/are actively promoting that festival they are featured at tonight.  I should have known it wasn't a sudden burst of decent work ethic.

• Love 3

I have finally figured it out kids.

Know Your Value is the self improvement version of Goop.   In other words, complete total bullshit con job with no value other than the amount of money that goes into Gwyn.. I mean Mika's bank account. 

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hee watching Noah Rothman talk about the Me Too movement--his imperious level ratched up about 10,000%

OMG, watching his insufferable "who farted?" facial expression for twenty minutes straight left me wanting to do nothing more than fart in his face to see if his demeanor would change at all..

• Love 5

Did those knuckleheads even blink an eye when that woman who wrote the history book talked about how, before women got the vote in the 1920s, women had to use social movements and moral pleas to move men to vote or act in a way to impact politics. Does that sound familiar? The pleas to Flake, etc.? Secondly, she said that the temperance movement began as a way to stop men from drinking because men who drank heavily were often violent to women. Sound familiar? Sound like something we've been debating over the last few weeks? This is all stuff from a century ago and we're still spinning our wheels, especially pleading with men to listen to us.

• Love 8

Been catching up on this board.  Mr. Kemper and I have decided to stay away from the 24 hour cable stations for awhile...it is just infuriating.  At least CNN tries (barely) to talk about and show other things that are happening in the world or this country.

I get really squirmy when any network personnel are on to hawk their books.  Once or twice maybe a mention...but not the bragging and ego stroking the hosts do and allow.  In some cases it is truly egregious (Mattews for one) at the shilling of one's own product.

Thanks to whoever posted the Twitter wars from yesterday.  I thought "news people" were never, ever to make themselves part of a story.  But. I wish Meeka would have gotten an even bigger smack down for her clueless and entitled behavior.  If there is any woman in this country who over-inflates her ego and value...it would be her.  This 3-hour block of programming from 6-9 every day is nothing but a Vanity Project for the Gold Dust Twins.  I would love to see how popular they are if they gave up this show.  And I would love to be a fly on the wall when other MSNBC personnel privately poke fun or trash them.

• Love 5

In Scarborough-Vision: The Democrats were supposed to sit with their hands in their laps, let Kavanaugh be confirmed unchallenged, and then politely hope the votes go their way in November.   Instead they got uppity, so they deserve to lose.   

You're right, Millennium. He thinks of Democrats the same way he sees women. Don't make a fuss and maybe some crumbs will fall off the table!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, may flowers said:

For all her years in journalism,

Everything else you said is 1000% correct, however, all due respect, sincerely  - For all her years in journalism    reading news off a teleprompter. 

Richard Engel is a journalist, Christine Amanpour is a journalist, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein are journalists.  Just three  four off the top of my head. 

Mika is a self aggrandizing twit who got a job in television due to her father's connections, and even with that, as you said, didn't do anything to expand her connections or even show intellectual curiosity about the topics she attempts to discuss.

It's easier just to throw tantrums, make faces at the camera, and pretend that's actual work. 

Edited by teddysmom
Linda can't count
  • Love 8