Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I have spent my lifetime in a family of these people.  They never will have nor would it dawn on them to get a clue even if you present iron-clad evidence contrary to their whimsical thoughts.  You are wrong, they are right, oh for heaven's sake why are we even mulling this over in the first place? . . . sigh.

This past weekend I stayed overnight at my parents' house.  They are in their 80s.   I was sitting alone in the parlor, they were in the den listening to a certain news channel and loudly agreeing with everything the pundit ideologue said.   "He's right!  They oughta clean out that FBI from top to bottom ..."  I felt very sad.   These are people who kept a large framed portrait of JFK on the parlor wall while I was growing up.   Now there's just wallpaper where the picture used to hang.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, suomi said:

Man, I flove the term Resistance. When I hear it I wonder what time we're meeting up at Rick's Cafe to sing La Marseillaise. 

Vive La France!  

And I figured out how to quote someone!     

• Love 5
15 hours ago, novhappy said:

Joe doesn’t need any panel or guests today. What a bloviating blowhole!  

Beaker the Blowhard must be fun to watch. My Blood pressure has declined since I stopped watching the show. I find watching CNBC or Your Morining to be les stressful

2 hours ago, millennium said:

This past weekend I stayed overnight at my parents' house.  They are in their 80s.   I was sitting alone in the parlor, they were in the den listening to a certain news channel and loudly agreeing with everything the pundit ideologue said.   "He's right!  They oughta clean out that FBI from top to bottom ..."  I felt very sad.   These are people who kept a large framed portrait of JFK on the parlor wall while I was growing up.   Now there's just wallpaper where the picture used to hang.

I have one of those JFK portratis!

• Love 5

Mika looks nice today in her sporty little red dress, with the slightly suggestive unbottoning.  Is AvenHottie a guest today, by any chance?

7 hours ago, Kemper said:

Vive La France!  

And I figured out how to quote someone!     

It took me awhile too.  Although I still don't know what those "unread content" and "mark site read" icons above are for.  Never mind how to follow someone here, etc.  I'm clueless with technology, and every time I venture out of my comfort zone to click on something new, I screw everything up.

• Love 2

Why do Republicans, esp the old ones like Joe, continue to revere Reagan?  Reaganomics (like trickle down) and Reagan policies (like breaking up the unions, putting the mentally ill on the street) are nothing to hold up.  The media tries to whitewash his policies or bury the indefensible ones.  But, during the Reagan's presidency, the national debt almost tripled and the U.S. went from being the world's largest creditor nation to the world's largest debtor in under eight year.  Living off "other people's money" is great until the payment is due but people still look at the 80s as a boom. Debt ties your hands.  Just ask Trump.  But most of the media just wants us to remember the Berlin wall?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Mika looks nice today in her sporty little red dress, with the slightly suggestive unbottoning.  Is AvenHottie a guest today, by any chance?

She's trying, she's trying . . . :)

I turned the show on just as Steve Schmidt was launching that grenade about Pence/faith/Trump alliance and Joe has to take the conversation over and whip out his biblical riffs.  Go back to being an old country lawyer Joe, spouting bible verses with your sidepiece sitting next to you is gross.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is gross. Who is this woman? I turned on to Joe talking about swiping on Tindr, some Boomer talking about the pitfalls of “easy sex”, how women must get married and have kids young to have a happy life and not worry as much about their careers, and how “women in poverty” can’t find husbands because the men of the community are “incarcerated or selling drugs.” I can’t roll my eyes enough, and how about throwing in the lowkey racism for good measure. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 11
(edited)

What is this about people on the left not recognizing when McCain defended Obama when a woman in his audience accused him of being a Muslim?  That is nonsense. McCain was praised to the skies for that action.  Apparently Trump's bad actions are attributable to those on the left because of their attitudes towards McCain and Romney. 

Who is this woman spouting off about feminism having gone too far?  Her name is Mona Charen. While I've never been 100% on board with all of it, I love the options we now have as women. According to her, it benefited the rich and educated but led the poor down the wrong path because they are not getting married as they did in the past. Also, do you know that men are behaving worse in the office because of feminism (really?).  I guess they were perfect gentlemen in the past.

Added Note: My husband laughed at her throughout her segment. Looks like XOQueens and I are having the same reaction. 

Edited by madfortv
Added note
  • Love 8

I have enjoyed all of Steve Schmidt's verbal essays today.  My humble opinion is that deep down, he and Nicolle Wallace are aware that they were part of the wave that brought the crazies to positions of power (Sarah Palin, a heartbeat away from the Oval Office.  Really???).  Once that was normalized, just look at everything that followed.  But Nicolle and Steve have seen the light; acknowledged the error of their ways, and it seems like they're trying to make amends.  Steve in particular seems horrified at what has happened, what is happening and where we (USA) could end up.  He seems almost scared; I know he scared me  today.  Or I should say, scared me even more than I already am. 

I'd love for MSNBC to give him a show.  Maybe they could ditch Joe and Meeks - who obviously have better places to be most of the time - and give SS this time slot. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Once that was normalized, just look at everything that followed.  But Nicolle and Steve have seen the light; acknowledged the error of their ways, and it seems like they're trying to make amends.  Steve in particular seems horrified at what has happened, what is happening and where we (USA) could end up.  He seems almost scared; I know he scared me  today.  Or I should say, scared me even more than I already am. 

Except the other day on Twitter Steve was bragging about running John Roberts' & Samuel Alito's campaigns to be appointed to the Supreme Court.  Seeing the error of his ways? Not so much. 

• Love 3

OMG, so Mona Charen just was on the show saying it's feminism's fault that men are sexually harassing and assaulting women in the workplace and women are getting raped on college campuses. Because all that NEVER HAPPENED before the sexual revolution came along.

To his credit, even Joe tried to dial her back, but she was just not having it. Meanwhile, Ms. Know Your Value sat on the sidelines, nodding along.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Eliot said:

OMG, so Mona Charen just was on the show saying it's feminism's fault that men are sexually harassing and assaulting women in the workplace and women are getting raped on college campuses. Because all that NEVER HAPPENED before the sexual revolution came along.

To his credit, even Joe tried to dial her back, but she was just not having it. Meanwhile, Ms. Know Your Value sat on the sidelines, nodding along.

A friend texted me to see if I caught Joe and Mika discussing the sanctity of marriage. Lol. On a serious note, that segment made me ? and ?. Mika better brace for some Know Your Value blowback.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Except the other day on Twitter Steve was bragging about running John Roberts' & Samuel Alito's campaigns to be appointed to the Supreme Court.  Seeing the error of his ways? Not so much. 

I think for me Steve and Nicolle are doing whatever they can to reverse the course our country is on beginning with the Palin fiasco but they are still conservatives and will be happy with those SC picks.  Two of my favorite Twitter accounts are Rick Wilson and Molly Jong-Fast who are on opposite ends of the spectrum politically speaking but because of their loathing of all things Trump have become good friends and always joke about what are they going to do when this craziness is over and they have to go back to a true conservative/liberal relationship.  That's the way I feel about Steve and Nicolle.

• Love 2

I turned on the show during Malcolm Nance's appearance. I enjoyed (and feared) listening to Malcolm and Steve Schmidt talk about how Trump is demolishing our relationships with our allies around the world and how Putin is pulling Trump's strings.  "Useful idiot" is my favorite phrase used to describe Trumps relationship with Putin.  I especially enjoyed Joe sitting between them like he was at a tennis match, not being able to get a word in. 

• Love 6

fem·i·nism

ˈfeməˌnizəm/

noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

That's it. Equality.   Not 80 cents for every dollar a man earns, not being ignored when we try to report sexual harassment or assault, not being denied having sovereignty over our bodies, or access to health care, or housing, or education. 

Know your value, Mika. Or sit there with there with your thumb up your butt while Joe & Mona decry women wanting equality.  He's not holding your hand out of affection, he's claiming you as his property. Ever notice how he refers to you as "HIS" fiance? 

idiot

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

A friend texted me to see if I caught Joe and Mika discussing the sanctity of marriage. Lol. On a serious note, that segment made me ? and ?. Mika better brace for some Know Your Value blowback.

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze let there be video posted of this . . . 

• Love 1

Ahhh Millennium, that's a sad story about your parents.  Thanks for sharing it anyway.

I think that Joe paid the booking fee for author Mona Charen himself, since she basically said that you HAVE TO BE MARRIED (MIKA) to avoid poverty.  Mika, you need to be able to support the chickens.  See!  You need to marry Joe.

• Love 3

Who is this piece of crap liar trying to gaslight me, telling me I accused John McCain of being a racist?  And because of this strawman lie, the left is as bad as Trump.  Go fuck yourself. 

• Love 5

Oakville, for your mental and physical health keep avoiding MJ.

It's so depressing I try to avoid it and  only watch it and read the captions at the gym (although I try to watch the ESPN or HGTV screens).

Today I was reading MJ and started crying while on the treadmill.  Maybe I'll have to take up jogging outdoors. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Really?  I weep.  Well, at least he hates tRump, so he's not completely hopeless.  Right?  Right?

I still loved what he said on MJ today.  He may be conservative but he's not crazy.  (That's how low the bar has been set now).

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, stormy said:

Oakville, for your mental and physical health keep avoiding MJ.

It's so depressing I try to avoid it and  only watch it and read the captions at the gym (although I try to watch the ESPN or HGTV screens).

Today I was reading MJ and started crying while on the treadmill.  Maybe I'll have to take up jogging outdoors. 

Sigh, I have become a huge HGTV viewer as I need more than a break sometimes and that channel is perfect for some decompressing.

• Love 5
(edited)

The way they ho-hummed the Supreme Court's decision on the travel ban is alarming.   This decision is a harbinger of what we can reasonably expect to happen if the SC is ever asked to consider important questions such as can a President be indicted, and can a President pardon himself.  They defended Sarah Sanders more vigorously this week than the Constitution.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7
On 6/26/2018 at 1:44 AM, Chloesmom said:

It's good to see you Oakville and I am so glad your BP is down and you are feeling better!

Thanks. !. BP is normal today. I tuned it to Morning Joe today. Why is Beaker in the Bunker again?

Why are they making fun of Sessions?

Why is Joe bragging about his "upset victory" in 1994?

Why is Joe saying that the GOP should stand up to Trump?

Why is Joe so annoying?

Hey Joe, put your hat in the ring. You should run against Trump in 2020. You host a popular cable tv talk show.

Joe just likes to mouth off from some bunker in Conn?

Poor Mika.

What's going with Harley Davidson.

My doctor told me to avoid cable news.

26 minutes ago, millennium said:

The way they ho-hummed the Supreme Court's decision on the travel ban is alarming.   This decision is a harbinger of what we can reasonably expect to happen if the SC is ever asked to consider important questions such as can a President be indicted, and can a President pardon himself.  They defended Sarah Sanders more vigorously this week than the Constitution.

Agreed. How many weeks were devoted to the "Travel Ban' ? it's a pretty serious issue.

What happenes if RBG dies or is incapacitated before November?

Trump could ram through another Conservative Justice ?

20 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Sigh, I have become a huge HGTV viewer as I need more than a break sometimes and that channel is perfect for some decompressing.

I love House Hunters International. 7 Anthony Bourdain.

I think Mika should audition for the remake of Leave it to Beaver.

She looks like June Cleaver with that outfit. The Pearls are missing though.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I think for me Steve and Nicolle are doing whatever they can to reverse the course our country is on beginning with the Palin fiasco but they are still conservatives and will be happy with those SC picks.  Two of my favorite Twitter accounts are Rick Wilson and Molly Jong-Fast who are on opposite ends of the spectrum politically speaking but because of their loathing of all things Trump have become good friends and always joke about what are they going to do when this craziness is over and they have to go back to a true conservative/liberal relationship.  That's the way I feel about Steve and Nicolle.

Steve & the other relatively sane GOP types should find a candidate to challenge Trump in 2020.

At this point I prefer Romney to Trump but who knows.

• Love 2

It always fascinates me (read: annoys) when Joe says the word "Conservative" in hushed tones.  It is like he is genuflecting in a church...whispering "conservative".. making it akin to a religion.  He and his ilk are responsible for where we are today...starting with the nastiness of New Gingrich, the greed of the Reagan Revolution, and culminating with the Tea Party and "You Lie" shouted at a President during a State of the Union speech.  All the while "Conservatives" sat on their hands.  Where was Joe during all of this? Was he speaking out?  Using his show as a platform to dial things back and show us all what True Conservatism is?

He has never changed...he uses his show to promote himself and his interests.  I tuned in around 7:30...got interested in a discussion (cannot remember what it was)...then Joe started on one of his soliloquys and I lost interest and changed the channel.  

I tuned back in time to see the young woman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the panel immediately perked up.  And Joe makes it all about him.  Again.

• Love 5

What a breath of fresh air this segment is (at times) with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Steve Kornacki spelling out what goes wrong when you don't tend to your district as you are too busy climbing a given political ladder and an engaged, hard working candidate blows you out of the water.  Bravo young lady!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:47 AM: Mika  shoe-horns-in the words "Know Your Value" into the interview with the new young NY Congressional candidate. 

Hee!  I was just going to say Alexandria run as she is going to try and co-opt your campaign and shoehorn it into her KYV schtick . . . gross!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

At this point I prefer Romney to Trump but who knows

*Quietly raising a hand to say, I kind of know*

I've lived in MA my entire life, which of course included the Romney governorship.  I can't say he was awful, because he wasn't.  As a Democrat, was I happy when he won? No.  But it actually didn't turn out so badly.  He instituted mandatory healthcare for the state, which was a great boon to many citizens.  And he's one of the (very few, apparently) NON-crazy republicans.  In comparison to tRump, Mitt is a breath of badly needed fresh air.  And I amaze and shock myself as I type those words, being the fervent Progressive that I am.

I'll have to go back and rewatch this morning's MJ to digest what they were saying about Mitt vs. tRump. 

While I love all their take-downs of DT, Sessions, etc., I can never forget their almost daily phone calls with the candidate, giggling and fawning all over him, giving him a public platform to spew.  So while I enjoy and appreciate their derision now, I still put some of the blame on them for their previous hawking of him getting him elected.  ----- I did enjoy their taking down of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions this morning.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Hee!  I was just going to say Alexandria run as she is going to try and co-opt your campaign and shoehorn it into her KYV schtick . . . gross!

I was thinking the very same thing.

Of course, Mika had to throw in a jab against Hillary Clinton with a comment about how her campaign didn't respond immediately to questions, and when they finally responded, it was with a statement that was way too long as if that was the only issue with her campaign.  Hillary was under constant attack and thus very careful in her statements. With her experience, she should have known long replies were a problem but at the same time I understand her caution.  Notice how Trump appears to attack mostly women on the Democratic side.  The Republicans always seem to be on message with their attacks. They throw dirt against the wall until something sticks and then they keep hammering on the same points.  As I recall, every time something new came up about Trump, there was a false equivalency response from Mika and Joe about emails. So Mika, why don't you mention the emails or Comey and how those factors also impacted Hillary's campaign. After all she did win the popular vote!

• Love 4

Mika complaining about nuanced political messaging and complaining that Hillary wasn't on her show (hinting that if she was, we'd all have understood the messaging better)... is the lowest point of the show to me.  Mika's point is that everyone is stupid.  That without a Fox News soundbyte, no voter can ever understand the issues. 
Also, Mika's story is a lie.  Also, Mika's point suggests you need to be Trump/Fox to influence thoughts. 
She slams Hillary gratuitously, then slides into a segment on Bad Ass women.  In the same slot that yesterday a woman said Bad Ass women are the reason women are raped.

This is the show we watch. 

Also, Joe led into that segment with some moronic rant on how the Democrats need to go to bed later and wake up sooner... that left us all stupider for having heard.

Their lack of self awareness is dizzying.  That 3 minutes or so could be the turning point for me.  And her outfit made me irrationally angry.  She's worn that 3x in the last 8 TV days

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Mika complaining about nuanced political messaging and complaining that Hillary wasn't on her show (hinting that if she was, we'd all have understood the messaging better)... is the lowest point of the show to me. 

Just like I have said, she is still pissed off that Hillary wouldn't do their show, during the campaign or for her book tour.  "Oh if only HRC had come on our show, since we reach so many people, and I could have helped her. You know, me, the former 3 am newsreader,  the one who stuck her leg in the air in Vanity Fair magazine and deserted her family to run around with a 2 time divorced loser.  Only I could have helped  Hillary Clinton, the former First Lady of Arkansas, First Lady of the United States,  US Senator and Secretary of State.   

Oh and by the way Mika, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortex knows her value. And she didn't have to sleep with some disgusting asshole to get where she is.  She worked as an intern for Ted Kennedy, so she learned politics by being part of the process.   She became a community organizer (there's that phrase again, hmmm) . She didn't use Daddy's contacts, or her "feminine wiles" (barf)  to get a job.  

• Love 10

I have mixed feelings about Steve and Nicolle. I do believe they are very intelligent and articulate speakers. When they talk...I listen! However, how in the world did these two ever go along with the selection of Palin for VP??? How could they not realize what a mistake they were making? I agree that perhaps a "Mea Culpa" is behind their strong dislike of LOTUS and their criticisms of his administration. Didn't Steve recently announce he is leaving the GOP? Will Nicolle also leave??

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cecelia45 said:

I have mixed feelings about Steve and Nicolle. I do believe they are very intelligent and articulate speakers. When they talk...I listen! However, how in the world did these two ever go along with the selection of Palin for VP??? How could they not realize what a mistake they were making? I agree that perhaps a "Mea Culpa" is behind their strong dislike of LOTUS and their criticisms of his administration. Didn't Steve recently announce he is leaving the GOP? Will Nicolle also leave??

I don’t buy any of their leaving the GOP shticks. Joe and Steve still have the same core beliefs, they’ll probably still vote for the same people as before. They just have some fleeting media attention and back patting for doing the absolute least now. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I don’t buy any of their leaving the GOP shticks. Joe and Steve still have the same core beliefs, they’ll probably still vote for the same people as before. They just have some fleeting media attention and back patting for doing the absolute least now. 

Bingo!  Never for a minute believe that Schmidt or Joe have become more progressive. 

Schmidt was just bragging about getting Roberts & Alito on the bench.   Thanks Steve!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cecelia45 said:

Several months ago, Nicolle referred to the Republican party as her former party. I heard her say it more than once.

I am happy they are speaking out. 

It is hard to say why they didn't recognize the Palin mistake in time to fix it.  Maybe she looked good on paper?  The initial reaction from several of my family members was positive, though she always seemed phony and superficial to me.  My Mom especially liked that her children were a focus.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Oh and by the way Mika, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortex knows her value. And she didn't have to sleep with some disgusting asshole to get where she is.  She worked as an intern for Ted Kennedy, so she learned politics by being part of the process.   She became a community organizer (there's that phrase again, hmmm) . She didn't use Daddy's contacts, or her "feminine wiles" (barf)  to get a job.  

Hahahahahahahahaha . . . . . hahahahahahahaha  . . . . . hahahahahahaha!

Oh goodness thanks for this as I really needed it!

• Love 3
(edited)

They picked Palin because they wanted to do something to steal Obama's thunder.  Something earth shattering. They  watched a five minute you tube video of her at a Governor's Conference saying she didn't need a bridge to nowhere, and she was attractive, so they let their dicks make the decision. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8

As far as Steve Schmidt and Nicole go, 10 years ago they made a cynical, political decision rooted in winning and not governing. It didn’t work. It seem to me, just having watched them on this show that they have learned from their mistake. Maybe only learned enough to recognize other’s cynical and political mistakes but on MJ anyway they seem to have evolved from that time. I enjoy them on the show. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Good grief Alexandria blows Meeks out of the water in the video and she still had to shove KYV in at the end.  She doesn't understand that this young woman won through hard work and truly speaking from her heart (as opposed to Crowley who sent a surrogate to debate her a week before the election).  I guess you miss those things when you're born on third base.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Good grief Alexandria blows Meeks out of the water in the video and she still had to shove KYV in at the end.  She doesn't understand that this young woman won through hard work and truly speaking from her heart (as opposed to Crowley who sent a surrogate to debate her a week before the election).  I guess you miss those things when you're born on third base.

Given that Alexandria now has pretty much unlimited access to news outlets, I wish she hadn't given the time of day to Scoop The Opportunist. (I am aware that Alexandria has been too busy mounting a successful campaign to realize that she was just awkwardly co-opted by KYV).

[sarcasm] Will Scoop promote this face-to-face tomorrow morning? [/sarcasm]

• Love 3

I know this has been said before, but actual political news depresses me right now so distraction time: Mika's makeup artist must be crazy passive aggressive toward her. She looks terrible. I've seen her off air when she's not in her show make up and she looks so much better and younger. It's too thick, it's not the right shades, it's just a mess.

• Love 6