Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

And what's with all the McCain love (not new) reconstituted as "he's really sticking it to Trump"? Like hell he is.

Of all the undeserved reputations spouted on this show, none is more grating than "McCain is a maverick! He always puts country first!"

Oh, except "Paul Ryan is a policy wonk."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Those of us still puzzling over Joe and Mika's repeated insistence that Jared Kushner is smart may want to check out the op-ed piece in the Washington Post today by Elizabeth Spiers about how it was like to work for him.

I suspect that Jared & Ivanka are the only ones in the Trump White House that talk to them. Joe has burnt bridges to Trump & Mika banned  KAC. Mika introduced Dina Powell who is from Egypt to Ivanka.

Despite what they told Seth Myers, I am sure that they are upset that Trump isn't following them on twitter or agreeing to do an interview with them. They were very excited that Trump won the election. They even ran ads that "Joe is in the know" about Trump.

• Love 1

They were very excited that Trump won the election

Mika was not. She looked completely destroyed the day after the election. The day OF the election she said something at show's end like, tomorrow we will hopefully be discussing the first woman president.

I will not excuse Mika for going along with the Trump bandwagon in late 2015 and early 2016, or her toadying to him when he did a town hall with her and Joe. And I won't excuse her going to Mar-a-Lago with Joe on NYE, or her insistence - even presently - that Trump is really a nice guy blah blah blah. F that noise.

But by summer 2016 she expressed several times her intention to vote for Clinton. Yes, she was critical of Clinton's campaign and the email server issue. (Like many, many other people covering the campaign.) But she said on many occasions that Clinton would be a better president than Trump. And that was borne out by her appearance and attitude the days following the election. When Michael Moore was on the Friday after the election she was practically in tears (as was Moore).

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Despite what they told Seth Myers, I am sure that they are upset that Trump isn't following them on twitter or agreeing to do an interview with them. They were very excited that Trump won the election. They even ran ads that "Joe is in the know" about Trump.

I totally agree that Joe thought he was going to have Trump on the Morning Joe team and is very pissed that it didn't work out that way. At. All. However, it has made it a better show. Joe speaking his mind about this circus and allowing people to discuss the shit spraying all over the government is what the show should be. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, novhappy said:

I totally agree that Joe thought he was going to have Trump on the Morning Joe team and is very pissed that it didn't work out that way. At. All. However, it has made it a better show. Joe speaking his mind about this circus and allowing people to discuss the shit spraying all over the government is what the show should be. 

Mika & Joe have been craving to be part of the White House Elite since 2008. Joe was Pro Clinton in 2008 & frequently called her his "girlfriend". Mika was pro - Obama as was her dad. During the GOP convention, Mika became a big Sarah Palin supporter, because she was a "mom" . Mika recanted her support for Sarah Palin after her poll In 2009, they were supporting Chris Christie & Mark Sanford. They also liked Bob "for Jobs" Mcconell , for Virginia governor. In 2011, Mika bragged that she tried to convince Christie to run against Obama in 2011. Mika & Joe were part of Trump's biggest media supporters until the GOP convention. Mika was hysterical last summer against Trump & Joe went ballistic with Washington Post articles against Trump. On election day, they hedged their bets by having Trump JR on the show. They were pro Trump till the inauguration. Mika & Joe were so happy to have Trump threaten to bomb North Korea on the Xmas show with PJ's. The New Years Eve party appearance at Mar A Lago was absurd. They are anti Trump now, but if hi popularity rises , they will quickly go back to supporting him.

3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Mika was not. She looked completely destroyed the day after the election. The day OF the election she said something at show's end like, tomorrow we will hopefully be discussing the first woman president.

I will not excuse Mika for going along with the Trump bandwagon in late 2015 and early 2016, or her toadying to him when he did a town hall with her and Joe. And I won't excuse her going to Mar-a-Lago with Joe on NYE, or her insistence - even presently - that Trump is really a nice guy blah blah blah. F that noise.

But by summer 2016 she expressed several times her intention to vote for Clinton. Yes, she was critical of Clinton's campaign and the email server issue. (Like many, many other people covering the campaign.) But she said on many occasions that Clinton would be a better president than Trump. And that was borne out by her appearance and attitude the days following the election. When Michael Moore was on the Friday after the election she was practically in tears (as was Moore).

Mika can't take  both sides. If she wants to be taken seriously, she should not have agreed to the softball interviews with Trump. I applaud her for supporting Bernie Sanders & having Chuck Todd defend her against Debbie Wasserman Shultz who wanted her to stop attacking Hillary.

8 hours ago, Eliot said:

Of all the undeserved reputations spouted on this show, none is more grating than "McCain is a maverick! He always puts country first!"

Oh, except "Paul Ryan is a policy wonk."

I can't take Paul Ryan seriously. Joe called him out today for trying to ram through a tax cut for the wealthiest 1% & cut Medicaid. He should know better. His family survived on Social Security benefits when his dad died prematurely. He sounds reasonable but I would never trust this "wonk". He is a puppet of someone.

• Love 1

Couldn't sleep.
Mika looks disheveled... which is to be expected as I presume she's exhausted from this week.   Joe looks great, that jacket is great.
Joe just called Trump stupid and said that Trump was manipulated by Russians' ham-handed, standard propaganda.

• Love 3

Friday Recap: Russia ! Russia! Russia!. Mika is wearing a light blue sweater with white collars. She looks like a backup Anglican minister. Joe  is wearing a blue blazer. Kasie!, Ratner, Barnicle, & Eugene..

The big news is that Flynn wants immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifyin about Russia.

Nunes is a dupe who got the classified Russian info from the Whte House. Joe bragged that he knew this all along & tweeted into it.

Joe is happy that Lindsy Graham & John Mccain & Rubio are fighting Trump.

Joe apologized for bashing Rubio last year. Joe admitted that he was jealous of Rubio being a popular Senator while he was never taken seriously to be a Senate Candidate.

The panel is happy that the Russian story is making Trump look like a fool.

Joe said the CIA should not be unmasking US citizens & Trump may have a point about Obama administration spreading around classified information about Flynn & Trump associates.

Joe said no one is talking about the 5% of the story that Trump is right. They are focused on the 95% of the story that Trump is wrong.

Joe put David Ignatius on the spot about possible criminal activities by the Obama administration. David felt very uncomfortable about discussing possible criminal behavior by the Obamas.

Everyone was happy that Joe proved that Obama did not personally sneak into Trump tower to wiretap Trump's phones.

Joe said if Colin Powell's name was leaked, Washington would be on fire.

Joe said the Washington elite has to do its job of destroying Trump because he made them look like fools.

Joe made fun of Cheetos in the basement who are mad at him.

Joe said the key story is Russia tried to interfere in the US election. Joe said the media hates trump & his advisors , so they are happy to go along with Obama. It's not OK to spread around clasified info.

Joe said he would make a good newspaper ombudsman.

Putin made me laugh with his Read my Lip No!. The FBI agent said that dead russian involved in the scandal are showing up.

Joe said he was smart & that Trump was following bad russian stories.

Joe said the Trump staffers are stupid and don't understand Washington. Everything leaks.!

David Ignateus said this was like Watergate in real time.

I wonder if they showed the daily Gallup poll today? Do they only show it if Trumps number goes down.?

Joe took a cheap shot at the production values of the Apprentice. He joked that Trump would get mad at him.

i find the Russia story to be confusing. Why didn't Obama alert the media before the election that the Russians were making Hillary look bad.?

Why didn't Podesta apologize for sending nasty emails about Hillary?

Why doesn't Morning Joe cover Gorsuch? 

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Couldn't sleep.
Mika looks disheveled... which is to be expected as I presume she's exhausted from this week.   Joe looks great, that jacket is great.
Joe just called Trump stupid and said that Trump was manipulated by Russians' ham-handed, standard propaganda.

I was surprised that she was even there today, so credit to her for that. 

Glamour shot of the day (and quite possibly the week):

Mika lying across the front seats of the mustang convertible, and Joe stretched out across the back seats, facing Mika. 

Edited by cased
Spelling
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

I find the Russia story to be confusing. Why didn't Obama alert the media before the election that the Russians were making Hillary look bad.?

My mom and I were talking about that yesterday with her saying she's kind of mad at Obama for how he handled what he knew about the Russia/Twitler collusion before the election.  (I'm a Gore Democrat, she's a McGovern Democrat.)  My guess about why was 1) that everyone thought that HRC was going to win so why stir up a hornets' nest and 2) that Obama had an almost allergic aversion to doing anything in his official role that could be attacked as too partisan.  I think that that is one of President Obama's most redeeming qualities.  

It's win by Twitter, die by Twitter IMHO.  Twitler is no longer able to drive the entire news cycle with a bat-crap-crazy Tweet storm the way he did during the campaign and the transition, not even this show of fat-and-happy Hamptons denizens who want nothing more than to be invited to the cool kids' parties.  

• Love 4

My mom and I were talking about that yesterday with her saying she's kind of mad at Obama for how he handled what he knew about the Russia/Twitler collusion before the election.  (I'm a Gore Democrat, she's a McGovern Democrat.)  My guess about why was 1) that everyone thought that HRC was going to win so why stir up a hornets' nest and 2) that Obama had an almost allergic aversion to doing anything in his official role that could be attacked as too partisan.  I think that that is one of President Obama's most redeeming qualities.  

They discussed this on the show this morning, and someone pointed out that part of the problem was that the intelligence agencies just didn't connect the dots quickly enough. They knew Russia was hacking and snooping around but they didn't have the big picture "why" figured out.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 5

Any discussion today of Mike Pence's rule about not having private meetings with women or attending events with alcohol without his wife present? I would like to hear what Mika ( and the rest of the crew) has to say about that.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Any discussion today of Mike Pence's rule about not having private meetings with women or attending events with alcohol without his wife present? I would like to hear what Mika ( and the rest of the crew) has to say about that.  

No mention at all

21 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Joe and Mika clearly did not abide by that rule when they were married. 

• Love 4

Joe and Mika make a terrible team.  When they're there together, Joe rants and tells Mika to let me talk, stop budding in.  Which is what she does.

When they're alone, they both pretty much act rational.

No one seems to be taking any of this seriously except former FBI guy Clint Watts.  Who is super fabulous and should be on all day everyday. 

He doesn't even expect the US government to protect him for testifying against Russian and expects the Russians to target him. 

Hell, the republicans in congress probably think this is taking time away from their Benghazi investigation and the new AP poll, MJ revealed this morning says 42% of those polled still love trump so there's no way they're ever going to believe this Russian thing.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Joe: "You don't have Haldeman or Erlichman here... you've got Abbot and Costello."
Also, he changed clothes. Weird.

I shockingly watched a bit of the show this morning while getting dressed.   I was even more shocked that I lasted more than 5 minutes.  I caught that bit by Joe and had to chuckle.  What irritates me though is the way he continually interrupts Meek-a when she's making a very valid point.  He does it under the guise of making a joke, talks over her and then completes the thought for her, only for her to turn around and quietly contradict the garbage that came out of his mouth.  There simply isn't enough money you could pay me to put up with that foolery.

I also wish Meek-a would stop trying to make Mr. and Mrs. Kushner "a thing," as if they are the smartest, most brilliant and clever people in the alt-White House.  They aren't .  Jared is just as shifty, trifling and woefully ignorant as his father-in-law is.  Nor, does it help that it's common knowledge that his father donated a huge sum of money to Harvard, and Jared was admitted even though he lacked the aptitude to get it.  Don't even get me started on Ivanka.  Since when does "designing" and branding knock-off handbags, shoes and shoddy threadbare clothing made in China qualify someone to be involved in policy or to granted a security clearance.  It's insulting to the people who have put the work in--for years--and devalues the security clearances they were able to obtain.  Meek-a, the point is that the Kushners AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!  So, please stop normalizing them and expecting that Drumpf will pivot if only he would listen to them.  I will give credit to Meek-a for stating the obvious, i.e. Drumpf doesn't listen to anyone and the people around him lack the spine to tell him the truth.

• Love 12

The ratings for Morning Joe are still strong. Fox 7 Friends ranked #78 1.125M viewers. Morning Joe #82 989K New day #85 683K

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-thursday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-30-2017.html

Mika is focusing too much on the optics of the photogenic couple of Jared & Ivanka. It is bizarre that they are considered too bee much more mature & polished than Ivanka's dad. No one knows what Jared  is really doing.

Mika & Joe have burnt so many bridges with the Trump administation that they have to stay in Ivanka or Jared's good graces to get some scoops.

• Love 3

I suspect that Jared & Ivanka are the only ones in the Trump White House that talk to them. 

No more calls, we got a winner. From a Politico article on Kushner just up: "Kushner spends his days bopping from meetings on Capitol Hill to pacing the Oval Office with Trump to calling Trump's friends and potential media allies, like morning show host Joe Scarborough."

• Love 3

Monday Recap.

Joe is wearing a navy LL Bean sweater. Mika is wearing a navy blazer. Donnie Deutsh TV psychiatrist & Mark " I have two large cysts face" Halperin are on set. No introduction. They show a clip of Pence picking up EO's that TRump forgot to sign. Trump leaves the room. The panel starts cackling because it is a scene from Veep. I doubt Mika even watches the show. Donny says Trump is mentally unwell. Joe is now justifying all the crazy things that Trump said during the campaign because it appealed to his base. It offended Joe but it was good politics.

Really Joe? Joe seems to think the audience has  amnesia again. This show hammered home the point that People voted for Trump inspite of the bad things he said. Mika & Joe crowed after the election that people didn't take him literally but seriously whereas the media took him literally but not seriously. Mika & Joe are "optics" experts. The substance of "change" vs status quo in key states tipped the balance for Trump.

Halperin talked about Glass empty. Halperin visited 5 states and said people are willing to give Truump a chance unlike Washington elites.

Joe's new best friend is Mitch Turtle. Mitch will get Gorsuch through.

New axios reporter is on set. Joe is going to the Red Sox game with his boys thanks to Barnicle. Joe won't be thowing out the first pitch.

Donnie bragged about being not allowed in baseball stadiums due to his aftershave.

Mika mocked Trump's tweets. Joe is askin why Chuck Todd has sleepy eyes. I laugh that they are mocking their own colleagues. Mika & Joe were trying to come up with clever insults for Chuck. Little Chuck Goatee chuck?

Do Mika & Joe think they are doing SNL news mockery skits now?

• Love 2

Mika & Joe attended the Global Policy award dinner for Dr Z. Dr Z was mad that Harvard wouldn't give him tenure as a Professor so he went to teach at Columbia.

Donnie said Dr Z was smart.

I find it amusing that they never discuss Dr Z's innovative policy at the time when he was NSC. He decided to arm the islamic rebels who were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan. The rebel campaign eventually drove them out of there but created a new form of guerilla fighters.

They never discuss Carter's & Dr Z's blind spot with Iran which led to the rise of the Iranian revolution & the taking of US hostages

Mika is happy that Carl's Jr is not using sexy models to sell hamburgers anymore. OK Mika, I guess you should stop with the Glamor Shots with your legs spread  for Joe on a Mustang or a table.

Mika & Joe are getting on my nerves today.

• Love 6

I could have done without the Carl's Jr infomercial this morning. They've been doing those exploitative and sexist commercials for years when they thought they could get away with it. And they would go back to them in two seconds if they thought that made money. F that noise.

• Love 2

Not only are they getting on my nerves today, they depress me.

When Donny the Jared does Iraq thing, I literally started sobbing.  This is beyond insane.  Although, someone (?) asked why Rex Tillerson is still working there.

• Love 3

Halperin visited 5 states and said people are willing to give Trump a chance, unlike Washington elites.

I only saw snippets of his town halls last week, but was he talking to all voters or just Trump voters in those interviews?

I managed to make it through the 8-8:30 a.m. time period.  In all fairness though, I did have to rush off to work.  However, my finger was poised on the remote the moment they introduced the smarmy and craven Chaffetz.  I.  Just.  Can't.

I'm right there with you, Mumbles, about the Carl's Jr. informercial.   Just--no.  Why was the panel acting as if we just witnessed some sublime work of art? Evidently, according to the panel, it's supposed to be a metaphor for the grownups finally being in charge again compared to the foolery on display by the "president" that Joe and Meek-a shilled for.  Carl's Jr. used supposedly hot women (Paris Hilton?!  Seriously?) to sell its junk food.  Okay...so how is that any different from the glamour shots of the two hosts of the show, some in which Meek-a objectifies herself as a sex kitten and Joe's concubine.  And, when you start of discussing Drumpf's childish tweets this past weekend and then devolve into some kind of silliness about Chuck Todd's sleepy eyes, who exactly is being a grownup here?

I could have also done without the snark against Faux News, which is self-serving.  And, no, Halperin.  One doesn't have to be a Washington "elite" to understand that this so-called presidency is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I only saw snippets of his town halls last week, but was he talking to all voters or just Trump voters in those interviews?

Halperin didn't specify but based on his discussion, he was talking to Trump voters.

Mika & Joe want the new narrative to be that America is fed up with the Trump side show & want no Drama Obama types back in charge. LOL!. Mika & joe kept trashing Obama for years that he was aloof & didn't like to talk to anyone in Congress.  These two clowns have the attention span of a flea.

Joe should read a book about how well Reagan, Clinton & Carter were perceived by the public during the first 2 years of their Presidencies.

There used to be a running joke about the "failed Clinton Presidency in the Spring of 1993. & that was with a Democratic Congress.

There are more Glamor shots of Mika & Joe looking at Capitol Hill.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I managed to make it through the 8-8:30 a.m. time period.  In all fairness though, I did have to rush off to work.  However, my finger was poised on the remote the moment they introduced the smarmy and craven Chaffetz.  I.  Just.  Can't.

I'm right there with you, Mumbles, about the Carl's Jr. informercial.   Just--no.  Why was the panel acting as if we just witnessed some sublime work of art? Evidently, according to the panel, it's supposed to be a metaphor for the grownups finally being in charge again compared to the foolery on display by the "president" that Joe and Meek-a shilled for.  Carl's Jr. used supposedly hot women (Paris Hilton?!  Seriously?) to sell its junk food.  Okay...so how is that any different from the glamour shots of the two hosts of the show, some in which Meek-a objectifies herself as a sex kitten and Joe's concubine.  And, when you start of discussing Drumpf's childish tweets this past weekend and then devolve into some kind of silliness about Chuck Todd's sleepy eyes, who exactly is being a grownup here?

I could have also done without the snark against Faux News, which is self-serving.  And, no, Halperin.  One doesn't have to be a Washington "elite" to understand that this so-called presidency is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.  

Agreed 100% Mumbles. Does Joe have shares in the advertising company that made the Hardees commercial ?

It's a funny commercial but I doubt it represents the mood of the country.

Trump's tweets are a distraction. Joe's theory that Trump likes to tweet nonsense when he gets up on Saturday morning because Ivanka & Jared aren't with him because they are at a Synagogue is interesting.

However, this show is supposed to be about the policies of Trump which are far more important to the public.

They were sort of throwing shade at Chuck Todd with the Sleepy eye Jokes. The other NBC news shows I watched ignored the insults about Chuck.

Mika & Joe of all people should be embarrassed about making fun of "sex sells" commercials. No one, I mean no one else in Cable News does these ridiculous Glamor shots.

• Love 2
(edited)

Mika & Joe have burnt so many bridges with the Trump administation that they have to stay in Ivanka or Jared's good graces to get some scoops.

It bugs me that every time something is said about the Trump family Mika has to mutter under her breath some comment that highlights that she knows Ivanka and subtly implies that Ivanka isn't a part of all of this mishegas.  

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

It bugs me that every time something is said about the Trump family Mika has to mutter under her breath some comment that highlights that she knows Ivanka and subtly implies that Ivanka isn't a part of all of this mishegas.  

That reminds me of something that made me ragey when Tina Brown was on to talk about her wealthy white women feminism convention coming up. She describes Ivanka as an "impressive" woman and I'm like, WHY? What has this woman done to impress anyone? She was born rich, she married rich, she put her name as a licensing deal on midprice apparel. Just because she uses utensils when she eats, unlike the rest of her family, doesn't catapult her to "impressive" status.

We need to keep a running list of the cliches these clowns advance. Paul Ryan is a wonk. John McCain is a maverick.  Jared is smart. Ivanka is impressive.

These media types do a lot of snickering and eyerolling about the gullible rubes who read something on line about, e.g., Obama banning the pledge of allegiance, and believing it. Well, they are just as guilty when they swallow these untested cliches and then spread them. Fake news indeed!

• Love 9

I enjoyed today's show.  Nice to see Joe has a sense of humor.  I didn't think they were disparaging Chuck Todd, I thought they were defending him.  

Anyone else wonder how Mika keeps her "front wave" in place?  She needs a new do.

(edited)

Damn it. Watched clips to find Robert Costa (listed as a guest on Twitter) and he was allowed about ten words. Grrrrrrrrrr. Lies and betrayal to start my morning along with really depressing segment on the collapse of Europe and the coming Dark Age. Would like to crawl back in bed now, thanks.

I spy, with my little eye....Jamba Juice smoothies on the set! For the guests! Good to see them taken care of instead of sipping from MJ cups that I can only hope are full of vodka.

Boy, Joe sure has convenient friends. "See, I have friends in North England who hated Thatcher...blah blah blah..." Yes, Joe, you're such a connected, "in the know" wunderkind.  

Nick Confessore is a good model for conservative journalists who need to learn how to interview a Democrat without being a smug, condescending pill. I have no idea what Confessore's leanings are, and that's a good thing. He had fair questions and a neutral, approachable tone. I liked him. So, like Costa, and because MJ likes to forget about poor little liberal elite viewers like me, he'll be relegated to five word blips on a panel of ten zillion. 

Dear Joe and Mika - do you giggle and make jokes about nuclear war with N. Korea because you truly don't know how else to report the harrowing situation of an administration that seems itching to start pushing buttons and play war in order to prove organ size? "We don't want to have Seattle blown up with a warhead...dangerous situation....go Sonics!* Ha ha ha ha!" WTH??? 

Might be time for Joe to get some convenient friends from North Korea who can tell him that playing "mine is bigger" between two manbabies isn't going to end well for anyone.

I mean, maybe it's Joe and Mika's dream to die in a nuclear cloud while wearing PJs on the set as a final glam shot, but the rest of us peons also have dreams of surviving. 

*Or whatever team he mentioned...I was too horrified to pay attention.

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

They were sort of throwing shade at Chuck Todd with the Sleepy eye Jokes.

Nah I didn't see it that way.  I'm sure Chuck's other journalist colleagues joked with him about Trump's tweet.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

That reminds me of something that made me ragey when Tina Brown was on to talk about her wealthy white women feminism convention coming up. She describes Ivanka as an "impressive" woman and I'm like, WHY? What has this woman done to impress anyone? She was born rich, she married rich, she put her name as a licensing deal on midprice apparel. Just because she uses utensils when she eats, unlike the rest of her family, doesn't catapult her to "impressive" status.

We need to keep a running list of the cliches these clowns advance. Paul Ryan is a wonk. John McCain is a maverick.  Jared is smart. Ivanka is impressive.

These media types do a lot of snickering and eyerolling about the gullible rubes who read something on line about, e.g., Obama banning the pledge of allegiance, and believing it. Well, they are just as guilty when they swallow these untested cliches and then spread them. Fake news indeed!

Agreed!. I don't think I have been so annoyed with an episode of Morning Joe in a long time. Mika was very upset when Confessore said that Ivanka was polarizing. She kept asking him why? . Confessore said that the media narrative, ( promoted by people like Mika) is that Ivanka can stop her dad from being too Conservative & that she will moderate his worst feelings about travel bans, walls, etc. There is no evidence of that yet. I laughed that Tina Brown wasn't impressed with Ivanka's women's conference events. Tina & Mika couldn't stop crowing when Obama did these White House lunches. Mika got Valery Jarret to invite her to the meetings. Mika got dressed up & liked to pose for pictures.

I find the O Reilly - Sexual harrasement lawsuits to be horrible.

However, it is troubling that Mika went from reading 5 minute newsclips on MSNBC and handing then introducing Scarborough Country. Mika admitted to earning 150K as a starting salary when MJ started. Joe earned 1M + bonus. The show did well in the ratings & Joe got a bonus. Mika got no bonus because of her contract. Joe ended up giving Mika part of his bonus. Joe helped Mika fight for a better contract etc. Joe turned down a lucrative offer to be a host of the CBS Morning Show. They wanted him but not Mika. They would have paired him up with another co host like Norah O Donnell. Mika would not have been able to host her own show without Joe. It seems to me that Mika's success is directly attributable to her relationship with Joe. Mika went from the least successful of the Brezinski's kids to most successfull financially. This has now led to them both breaking up their families. Isn't is possible that Mika feels grateful to Joe for what he has done for her career & decided to leave her husband so she could enjoy being with Joe for financial reasons?

Is it possible that Joe promised Mika financial rewards for leaving her husband? That seems to be unethical.

I suppose its justified because Mika does look up to Joe and always makes googly eyes at him but its still creepy to me.

Wasn't O reilly doing something along the same lines?

5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Nah I didn't see it that way.  I'm sure Chuck's other journalist colleagues joked with him about Trump's tweet.  

NBC news did not show the Chuck Todd Sleepy eye tweet. Is it because they didn;t want to embarrass Chuck or was it because the tweet wanted NBC to ask about the "unmasking" surveillance tweet?

If I was Chuck, I wouldn't want to be referred to as "Sleepy Eyes"

• Love 1

Mika told the panel that she doesn't like cologne. It gives her headaches.The panel made fun of Trump for reading the National Enquirer.

Donnie is worried about Jared being the defacto Secretary of State. Why can't Tillerson go to Iraq?

Joe bragged that he meets with Jared & that Jared is quiet in meetings . He listens and gave up his chair for a General at 1 meeting. Jared & Ivanjka have good table manners.

Joe said its too early to tell if Jared & Ivanka will have any influence on Trump.

Tina Brown came on the show. She was excited that Millenials are excited about politics. She said she heard that millennials now know that a vote is more important than a tweet. She said Hillary was very qualified to be Pressident but the USA elected a "Know nothing"

Tina said the problems with Bill & Hilary & corruption was minor compared to the chaos of Trump.

Mika said the Access Holllywood tapes helped Trump because it reminded people how sleazy Bill Clinton was.

OK, Mika. I guess she has amnesia. At the time Mika demanded that Trump step down. Joe went on rants about how Trump was sabotaging the GOP. This revisionism is silly.

Joe said a pet rock could get 45% against Hillary. Really Joe? If that is true, why couldn't any other Republican beat Trump?

Tina bBrown said that Trump pays too much attention to pundits on cable news. Ha! She said this on a cable News Show,

Tina Brown said that women can get free mammograms at Planned parenthood. Trump wants to ut the budget. Joe said he wouldn't do that.

Tina Brown said Justin Trudeau is coming to her women's conference.

• Love 2

The Chuck Todd segment was a great example of why I don't like Mika or Joe as TV hosts.
FWIW, they weren't insulting Chuck Todd, they were explicitly insulting Donald Trump.  The President of the United States of America spent a part of his weekend personally insulting a journalist's appearance.  Wrap your head around that.
They were trying to find better insults the POTUS should have used that were more apt.
But the thing about it I hate so much is they simply spoke over top of each other, and in so doing, I heard and understood nothing of what was said.  I'm sure none of it was particularly funny, but I wouldn't know.  I hate that chaotic table talk that they think is so cute.

They didn't slam Fox News either.  They again were laughing at what a simpleton our POTUS is.  He "is incurious and doesn't read, and sits around watching TV all the time like a kid.  He gets all his information only from Fox News."  And then went on to mock his support of particular Fox tv shows and talking heads.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

The Chuck Todd segment was a great example of why I don't like Mika or Joe as TV hosts.
FWIW, they weren't insulting Chuck Todd, they were explicitly insulting Donald Trump.  The President of the United States of America spent a part of his weekend personally insulting a journalist's appearance.  Wrap your head around that.
They were trying to find better insults the POTUS should have used that were more apt.
But the thing about it I hate so much is they simply spoke over top of each other, and in so doing, I heard and understood nothing of what was said.  I'm sure none of it was particularly funny, but I wouldn't know.  I hate that chaotic table talk that they think is so cute.

They didn't slam Fox News either.  They again were laughing at what a simpleton our POTUS is.  He "is incurious and doesn't read, and sits around watching TV all the time like a kid.  He gets all his information only from Fox News."  And then went on to mock his support of particular Fox tv shows and talking heads.

I see the point about how they mocked Trump for calling Chuck , Sleepy Eyed.

However, when Trump went after Mika & Joe for their relationship & called Mika, Joe's longtime girlfriend, Mika didn't want that tweet aired on the show.

Joe would have freaked out if other shows on MSNBC joked around about Mika being Joe's longtime girlfriend.

Instead , Mika joked when Trump called her  neurotic.

Morning Joe is becoming too inside gossipy mean girl show. They will continue to mock Trump until his popularity turns around.

Joe went nuts every day when Trump's Gallup poll number went down to 35%. Now it's at 40% , which is still bad, but an improvement. Why isn't Joe making up a new narrative about Trump's comeback.

I think poll numbers at this stage for a Presidency are irrelevant. Last year should be a lesson to political pundits that focusing exclusively on polls is a bad prognosticator of actual results.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Qoass said:

It's too bad that they really can't discuss the sexual harassment stuff going on over at Fox without it seeming like sour grapes.

Probably because it would bring unwelcome comparisons to their own relationship.  While I don't think any sexual harassment occurred between Meek-a and her king, I was reminded this weekend that one of the first lawsuits against O'Reilly was from a woman, who indicated that he yelled at her and treated her abominably.

Hmmm...who does that sound like--and on the air, too.  Things were so off the hook between Joe and Meek-a during the 2012 election cycle that these two had to leave the air for a few days and apologize to the audience upon their return.  Oh, and Meek-a apologized to her king although he berated her and pointed his finger in her face.  One day, these men are going to point their fingers in the wrong woman's face, or put their hands on the wrong woman only to draw back a nub.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Probably because it would bring unwelcome comparisons to their own relationship.  While I don't think any sexual harassment occurred between Meek-a and her king, I was reminded this weekend that one of the first lawsuits against O'Reilly was from a woman, who indicated that he yelled at her and treated her abominably.

Hmmm...who does that sound like--and on the air, too.  Things were so off the hook between Joe and Meek-a during the 2012 election cycle that these two had to leave the air for a few days and apologize to the audience upon their return.  Oh, and Meek-a apologized to her king although he berated her and pointed his finger in her face.  One day, these men are going to point their fingers in the wrong woman's face, or put their hands on the wrong woman only to draw back a nub.

Joe & Susan ( wife #2) separated between July-October 2012. It's possible that the affair began around that time . Susan may have asked for better terms on the divorce in exchange for the clause that "Joe was a great dad & faithful " during their marriage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2453072/MSNBC-host-Joe-Scarborough-separated-wife-September-quietly-got-divorced-January.html

I believe that Mika looks to Joe as a father figure. He helped her rebuild her career. It is surprising to me that Mika was once part of 60 Minutes while she was at CBS. Her career fell apart after the Dan Rather scandal over Bush going AWOL during the Vietnam War.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Point well taken, Landsnark.  I think what threw the whole thing off the rails for me was that they started out making exactly the point you are about the "president" of the United States spending a part of his weekend tweeting about Chuck Todd's appearance.  And, I can't wrap my head around that, and it's a shame that got lost in the sauce of Joe and Meek-a's juvenile foolery.  That's one of the things I find particularly frustrating.  Meek-a starts to read and makes a valid point and before two sentences are out of her mouth, Joe manages to derail the whole conversation.  Even more frustrating is that she joins in on the "fun."

And, yes, it is frightening that the current alt-White House occupant gets his information from Faux News and other fake news sources, including his boys, Alex Jones and Sean Hannity.  Yet, he wants his daily briefings in bullet points because he has the attention span of a gnat.  

Between Joe and Meek-a's nonsense, and the ridiculous ads for Judge Gorsuch and the outrageous ads lying about Planned Parenthood, that was a half hour of my life that I'll never get back.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Point well taken, Landsnark.  I think what threw the whole thing off the rails for me was that they started out making exactly the point you are about the "president" of the United States spending a part of his weekend tweeting about Chuck Todd's appearance.  And, I can't wrap my head around that, and it's a shame that got lost in the sauce of Joe and Meek-a's juvenile foolery.  That's one of the things I find particularly frustrating.  Meek-a starts to read and makes a valid point and before two sentences are out of her mouth, Joe manages to derail the whole conversation.  Even more frustrating is that she joins in on the "fun."

And, yes, it is frightening that the current alt-White House occupant gets his information from Faux News and other fake news sources, including his boys, Alex Jones and Sean Hannity.  Yet, he wants his daily briefings in bullet points because he has the attention span of a gnat.  

Between Joe and Meek-a's nonsense, and the ridiculous ads for Judge Gorsuch and the outrageous ads lying about Planned Parenthood, that was a half hour of my life that I'll never get back.

Agreed. I find it hilarious that the ads about Gorsuch show King Joe saying that Gorsuch hit it out of the park!. Yet when they interview the Democratic Senators like Blumenthal, they don't say much about his qualification but focus on the pros/cons of using the filibuster, effect on 2018 election etc. Why not focus on if he is a good/bad judge?

Why not ask Chuck Shumer why he voted for Gorsuch to be an Appeals Court Judge many years ago? What changed his mind?

As ususal, the most interesting interview is in the last 5 minutes. James Kirchick had a very good interview about Europe entering a new dark age. He said the Russians have hacked the German congress & will leak stuff about France in the next few weeks to make Marine Le Pen's opponent look bad.

He blamed national governments for problems, not the Euro.

• Love 1

Agreed. I find it hilarious that the ads about Gorsuch show King Joe saying that Gorsuch hit it out of the park!

I find these political ads very bizarre, period. They ran them for the health care bill too. Who are they geared toward? Most of those people are watching Fox and Friends. Next time I need to pay attention to who is paying for the ad. I'm assuming something affiliated with the Koch's or the Mercer's.

I thank goodness that Joe was not wooed to CBS News. I love the first hour of that show, and the three hosts compliment each other so well. 

• Love 2