Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

This morning Joe said Jared was the defacto secretary of state during the transition, talking to hundreds of foreign leaders.  The camera panned to Bill Kristol.  He looked like he had thrown-up in his mouth.

• Love 5

I could listen to Joe rip up Steve Bannon 24 hours a day.  It's cute. He makes him sound like a high schooler who started an after-school Lenninist study group because none of members could get dates.

I do have to say that Joe is now willing to go there 100%.  He successfully climbed out of Trump's ass, where he (and Mika part-time) resided all of 2016. 

PS: Just watched Paid Family LeaveGate with Mika and Raul Labrador

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

what the Democrats were going to do to "reach out" on health care now that the Trump/Ryan plan has fallen apart. I wanted to scream at my TV, "They've BEEN reaching out for eight years! Why is it now THEIR problem? How about maybe the GOVERNING PARTY reaches out to them?"

Jeremy might want to read the paper. John Conyers is introducing a bill HR 676 Medicare for All.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika looks fabulous today. It's a very low cut sleeveless dress. She used to wear these dresses before the "affair". Joe is wearing a suit & tie. They must have to do an event after the show.

I was scrolling through my TV channel guide this morning, and I noticed that Joe and Mika are listed as being on the Seth Meyers show tonight. It was not mentioned on MJ this morning, so I am not sure if the channel guide is correct. 

• Love 2

Joe is mad at Steve Bannon & Miller. He blames them for putting crazy ideas in Trump's head.

Maybe Joe should blame, I dunno, TRUMP?

Quite a bit of revisionist history going on this morning. Joe pontificated that everyone who touted the Trump election win as a seismic shift in American electoral sentiments or whatever was wrong, wrong, wrong and it was all about Hillary Clinton's terrible, awful, horrible campaign.

Gee. I seem to recall Joe himself being the one patting himself on the back and puffing himself up as the sole visionary who read the voters' issues more clearly than anyone else and that he had predicted Trump's win during the primaries.

• Love 11

Joe said the media was wrong to call Trump a genius because he won the election. He only had 36% support . The extra 10% came from people furious at Hillary for being corrupt & selling access for $200m during the past 8 years.

1.  Trump was called a genius?
2.  So Hillary was corrupt, eh?  Sold access, eh?  Wow. 
This show truly is an alternate reality
FWIW,  Trump is literally selling access at levels that dwarf the untrue allegations hurled at Hillary... but, emails and speeches, you see.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

1.  Trump was called a genius?
2.  So Hillary was corrupt, eh?  Sold access, eh?  Wow. 
This show truly is an alternate reality
FWIW,  Trump is literally selling access at levels that dwarf the untrue allegations hurled at Hillary... but, emails and speeches, you see.

That is what I Love about this show. They change their talking points on the election every few months.

How many times did Joe & Halperin trash Trump for not running a well oiled professional campaign like Hillary's.?

Joe kept demanding that Trump pivot. How many editorials did Joe write calling Trumps campaign style to be chaotic.

If Trump had listened to Joe, he would have lost.

• Love 1

Joe pontificated that everyone who touted the Trump election win as a seismic shift in American electoral sentiments or whatever was wrong, wrong, wrong and it was all about Hillary Clinton's terrible, awful, horrible campaign.

Well maybe Joe should watch CBS News because two weeks after the election the great Ted Koppel did a great piece talking to Trump voters in the Rust Belt who had voted twice for Obama and cited Hillary Clinton's lack of interest in them or their issues  as a main reason for voting for Trump. This isn't news to careful listeners.

Lol at the Freedom Caucus jerk whining that he wasn't prepared to talk about paid family medical leave and accusing Mika of ambushing him (and hurray for Mika for ambushing him.) Wah wah wah, I memorized these talking points and now I can't use them!

Greenfield was great wondering why the Dems would even considering letting Gorsuch go this time if McConnell doesn't use the nuclear option next time (as if that were even an enforceable promise). As Winston Churchill said, appeasement is the silly idea that if you throw enough red meat at a crocodile, that he won't eat you when you run out of meat.

• Love 4

Here's one that made me laugh this morning.  Joe says his republican friends decided to vote for trump because they were sick of Jeb and Marco wasn't ready.

Well, Jared's 36, is he ready enough for you?  Because he and Mrs. Kushner are running the government.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, stormy said:

Here's one that made me laugh this morning.  Joe says his republican friends decided to vote for trump because they were sick of Jeb and Marco wasn't ready.

Well, Jared's 36, is he ready enough for you?  Because he and Mrs. Kushner are running the government.

Joe makes me laugh. He was a  member of Congress for the GOP from 1995-2001. Presumably  he had a basic understanding of Florida politics. In 2010, Joe was supportive of Chris Christie. At the time he said that Marco was too young & too Conservative to be the nominee for the Senate.  Joe was wrong & Marco beat Charlie Crist

Edited by oakville
Christie is from new jersey
  • Love 1

Wednesday recap. The Fleece is back! Mika is wearing a Fushia sweater. Barnicle, Tyler, the weirdo Hans, Steve Kornacki.

Joe is mad at Bannon for trying to bring back healthcare.

Joe said he likes Mitch Mcconnell.

Mika is mad at Spicer for telling April Ryan to stop shaking her head.

Joe & Mika say that Spicer is very hated by the press because he treats them poorly.

Everyone is mad at budget cuts to the Secretary of State.

Joe made fun of Obama throwing a baseball. He said that Bush threw strikes to the Yankees.

Joe said he had important sources in the White House who told him that Spicer is over his head.

Everyone kept referring to Trump as the 36% President. They are happy that Trump is unpopular.

Mika gave a eulogy for her friend who died of cancer at age 50. She wants more funding for diseases & the NIH.

• Love 3

Mika's eulogy was very touching.  I don't know how she could have worked these past few days.  Hopefully--though none of us can imagine it--her relationship with Joe is a comfort to her.

How can I listen to the Sean Spicer antics without imagining Melissa McCarthy's take on it?  PLEASE can she do spicy this Saturday night???

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Mika's eulogy was very touching.  I don't know how she could have worked these past few days.  Hopefully--though none of us can imagine it--her relationship with Joe is a comfort to her.

How can I listen to the Sean Spicer antics without imagining Melissa McCarthy's take on it?  PLEASE can she do spicy this Saturday night???

I agree about Mika's eulogy. And I'm happy that she talked about the NIH (and proposed budget cuts). It's difficult for me to imagine anyone being supportive of those cuts.

I think Spicey gets another week's reprieve. SNL doesn't return until April 8th.

• Love 1

Halperin loaned his obnoxiousness cloak to Jeremy Peters this morning with Peters going on about how the Democrats can't stop Gorsuch and they might as well just not try because it's hopeless.  Rolling over on Gorsuch would reward McTurtle for destroying what was left of comity in the Senate by robbing Obama of a pick that belonged to him.  

@stormy is right, the Democratic base is brooking no compromise with the ReThugs on anything.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, navelgazer said:

Halperin loaned his obnoxiousness cloak to Jeremy Peters this morning with Peters going on about how the Democrats can't stop Gorsuch and they might as well just not try because it's hopeless.  Rolling over on Gorsuch would reward McTurtle for destroying what was left of comity in the Senate by robbing Obama of a pick that belonged to him.  

@stormy is right, the Democratic base is brooking no compromise with the ReThugs on anything.  

Joe said that Mccaskill& Mancin will lose their seats if they don't vote for Gorsuch. Both Senators are Friends of the show. Joe won't be happy if his friends lose their seats.

Peters said using the nuclear option will make it easier for Trump to appoint a replacement for Kennedy or Ruth Bader Ginsburg

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Mika was off for part of last week. I suspect she was comforting her friend at the hospital. Mika will turn 50 this year the same age as her friend. 

• Love 2

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/03/29/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-explain-their-crazy-beef-with-trump-to-seth-meyers.html

Here's a pic of them on Seth Meyers. The weird thing is it doesn't look like she still has the tan this morning. Or else she got a spray tan and then showered after Late Night and washed all the excess off. She looks like she was dipped in a vat of the stuff. 

And boy they have absolutely no memory of enabling Trump. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Mccaskill& Mancin will lose their seats if they don't vote for Gorsuch. Both Senators are Friends of the show. Joe won't be happy if his friends lose their seats.

Peters said using the nuclear option will make it easier for Trump to appoint a replacement for Kennedy or Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Joe is once again full of ish.  The Democratic base is saying loudly and emphatically in no uncertain terms if these Blue Dog Democrats support Twitler in any way at all, they will be primaried.  My opinion, if they won't stand up and say hell no to McTurtle's theft of Merrick Garland's SCOTUS seat, they don't belong in the Democratic Party anyway.  

The Repuglicans are kind of hoisted on their own petard now anyway.  During the election, all of the Repuglicans sang a mantra of Hillary is under FBI investigation, you can't elect someone under FBI investigation, she can't govern because she's under FBI investigation.  Now that Comey confirmed that Twitler is under FBI investigation, Twitler is not entitled to the lifetime appointment of a SCOTUS seat.  Every Democrat needs to throw that in the Repuglicans' faces every chance they get.  I guess Peters forgot about that, too.  

• Love 10

Peters is so full of crap I actually yelled at my TV this morning. McConnell is going to use the nuclear option anyway. Whether he does it now or does it on the next nomination, he is going to do it. So if they roll over now, they will have gained nothing except Gorsuch on the court - an illegitimate nominee to a stolen seat nominated by a president under FBI investigation.

It's like these pundits have learned NOTHING from McConnell's antics over the past year.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Agreed. Pancreatic cancer is an awful, awful disease. I feel for Mika, and especially the husband and kids of Mika's friend.

As odd as it may seem to us, Joe and Mika do seem to be quite supportive of each other during times of personal crisis. During Mika's eulogy this morning, Joe was sitting next to Mika, even though he was not on camera (you could see the edge of his fleece from time to time), and Mika made a point to mention Joe's mother.

Also, in the past, Mika appeared to be very supportive when Joe's son was hurt in his fall, and in a Christmas article that Joe wrote for the Washington Post, he mentioned Mika's friend before his mother, when he was talking about personal challenges.

Mika has been very close to Joe's family for years. She used to talk about how funny Joe's dad was before he died. She used to tussle Joe's youngest son hair when he was on set. She did this in front of Joe's second wife

• Love 1

Mika had the daughters of her friend on the show during the summer, at the end of the show. They were young - tweeners or early teens at the oldest. Very sad.

I'm so glad the Spicer clip got played on the show but a bit disappointed nobody queried whether Spicer would have been so dismissive and ragey had the reporter not been black, or a woman. And yes it was like a Melissa McCarthy skit.

Bernie was awesome. He's got the energy and ideals of a person half his age. No walking in the woods for him, feeling sorry for himself. I'm glad he didn't shy away from what a ineffective cesspool the DNC has become.  And he handled Scarborough's dumb question about pro-life Dems very well; it's not that those voters gave up on the Dems over abortion, it's that the  current Democratic establishment has given up on those voters.

• Love 4

'm so glad the Spicer clip got played on the show but a bit disappointed nobody queried whether Spicer would have been so dismissive and ragey had the reporter not been black, or a woman. And yes it was like a Melissa McCarthy skit.

I've watched a lot of these briefings and he's gotten shitty with men and yelled at them.  The thing about this was April really wasn't pushing him that hard, I've seen others be way more aggressive with him.   

I get the feeling Sean is breaking under the pressure. He stood there and just flat out lied about those letters. They're on WaPo's website.  Justice wrote to Yates' attorney and said "this is privileged, you need to check with WH before giving any testimony". 

So this "we didn't care" stuff is BS. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Bernie was awesome. He's got the energy and ideals of a person half his age. No walking in the woods for him, feeling sorry for himself. I'm glad he didn't shy away from what a ineffective cesspool the DNC has become.  And he handled Scarborough's dumb question about pro-life Dems very well; it's not that those voters gave up on the Dems over abortion, it's that the  current Democratic establishment has given up on those voters.

Some people might call him Don Quixote, but I love that Bernie Sanders is a fighter and he doesn't hide.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika has been very close to Joe's family for years. She used to talk about how funny Joe's dad was before he died. She used to tussle Joe's youngest son hair when he was on set. She did this in front of Joe's second wife

I also seem to recall that Mika was friends with Joe's wife (or at least that is the impression that they gave). I'm sure that has led to some awkward moments in recent years.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, cased said:

I also seem to recall that Mika was friends with Joe's wife (or at least that is the impression that they gave). I'm sure that has led to some awkward moments in recent years.

Joe's wife was not happy with him having an affair with Mika. Mika bought a small appt in Manhattan a few years ago. Page Six called it a Love Shack. Joe's divorce agreement was made public a few years ago. Joe was only allowed in parts of the matrimonial home after 7 pm.  It's bizarre that he was still living in the matrimonial home with his ex wife and kids. He built the bunker 2 years ago. It is soundproofed do neighbors don't have to listen to his rants

I got weepy on the bus listening to Mika's tribute. One of my friends is in his final days of pancreatic cancer, so I appreciated her plea for the funding of NIH and other government agencies that serve the health and care of the American people. 

I also want a Steve Kornacki action figure, with maps. MSNBC should know better than to try to trap Kornacki behind a desk. It doesn't work. He gets awfully antsy to start scrawling numbers and poking states/counties to turn them different colors.

I concede Peters' point (after peeling off the layers of condescension and contemptuousness - jeebus, who served him black drip brew instead of a soy honey latte?) that this S.C. nomination swaps one conservative for another and no matter what the Dems do it won't change the make up of the S.C. But, when he's giddily called the Dems "impotent" before and plays the petulant card when they don't "reach out" to really cooperative, public-servant minded people like McConnell*? He can take a backseat about commenting on their strategy or how they "should" behave.  Because hypocrisy is not smart and I sure as shit don't want to hear it at 6am.

Joe actually was interesting to listen to on this point. I can understand how filibustering would not net Dems a "win" for 2018 elections and the senators who face primaries/re-election, and I've heard more than once that "the Dems need to play to win," but...honestly, unless we're talking about election results, I've had enough of this simplistic "win/lose" mentality. There are bigger, more complicated issues and questions here - starting with how to stabilize our government after eight+ years of infiltration from a hard right reactionary party that's drunk with power now. There are lessons here in how to provide stable, reliable, representative government so that power isn't a revenge or a reality show. 

With all the caffeine they drink from Starbucks and the crazy long guest list, Morning Joe can afford to go a little deeper than win/lose.

* I refuse to call him McTurtle - I know, he looks exactly like one, but I love turtles and don't want to insult them, even if they don't have the cortex to understand being insulted...not that McConnell has much of a cortex, either, but...

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

* I refuse to call him McTurtle - I know, he looks exactly like one, but I love turtles and don't want to insult them, even if they don't have the cortex to understand being insulted...not that McConnell has much of a cortex, either, but...

I kinda love you for this.

Sorry to hear about your friend :(

• Love 2

Mika loves Jeremy Peters hairdo. She always compliments it when they are in studio together. I think Joe's hairstyle has gotten ridiculously poofy & blonder since Jeremy has started appearing on the show

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika loves Jeremy Peters hairdo. She always compliments it when they are in studio together. I think Joe's hairstyle has gotten ridiculously poofy & blonder since Jeremy has started appearing on the show

Joe has a long head to begin with. His poofy hair only makes his head look even bigger.

29 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe's wife was not happy with him having an affair with Mika. Mika bought a small appt in Manhattan a few years ago. Page Six called it a Love Shack. Joe's divorce agreement was made public a few years ago. Joe was only allowed in parts of the matrimonial home after 7 pm.  It's bizarre that he was still living in the matrimonial home with his ex wife and kids. He built the bunker 2 years ago. It is soundproofed do neighbors don't have to listen to his rants

I wonder how much time Joe spends at his CT house. When he is not in the bunker, it is a long drive into NY.

On the topic of living arrangements, I saw that Mika is selling her DC apartment that she bought a few years ago because she wants something bigger. Maybe the small apartment isn't big enough for both her and Joe.

Edited by cased
  • Love 2

Joe can just stop pretending Manchin is a senator the dems can count on. I wish they'd show Manchin the door.

I'm actually disappointed in Schumer showing up for dinner. Remember how the republicans treated President Obama when he would invite them to watch a movie?

And Bernie's answer to Joe on why not become a democrat was funny. Bernie kind of answered like he was swatting at a mosquito.

• Love 6

I saw that Mika is selling her DC apartment that she bought a few years ago because she wants something bigger. Maybe the small apartment isn't big enough for both her and Joe.

Cased, maybe you inadvertently hit your keyboard and erased the "and Joe's ego" you most assuredly typed after "Joe."

• Love 11

Fun fact: the Mylan CEO (Epipen) is friend of the show Joe Manchin's daughter. She's even a bigger piece of garbage than him. There were allegations that he put undue pressure for the West Virginia state University to give her an MBA that she didn't earn. The show was WAY too easy on her this morning. The tool from CNBC was practically apologizing to her.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Fun fact: the Mylan CEO (Epipen) is friend of the show Joe Manchin's daughter. She's even a bigger piece of garbage than him. There were allegations that he put undue pressure for the West Virginia state University to give her an MBA that she didn't earn. The show was WAY too easy on her this morning. The tool from CNBC was practically apologizing to her.

I noticed how easy they were on her, and guessed it is because she is Joe Manchin's daughter who they are friends with.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, potatoradio said:

There are bigger, more complicated issues and questions here - starting with how to stabilize our government after eight+ years of infiltration from a hard right reactionary party that's drunk with power now. 

These people believe Saint Ronnie, who famously said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"  During the Bush-the-Lesser years, we had "You'e doing a heckuva job, Brownie," while people in New Orleans died, bodies floating down the flooded streets, making the US look and feel like a Third World country.  I can't believe that 45% of voters who voted for Twitler still haven't figured out that when they elect people who hate government to run the government, disaster is a foregone conclusion.    

What really gets me is when people on these political shows moan and groan about how the public doesn't trust the media, doesn't trust institutions like Congress, but they never take it to the obvious source of the problem.  

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 5

I couldn't get through the show today, what with Mika commenting after every word Joe said.  It's so annoying.  I loved when he asked her to let him finish.

I hate knowing they had an affair, and are together......it seems so unprofessional to be working together.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, cased said:

Joe has a long head to begin with. His poofy hair only makes his head look even bigger.

I wonder how much time Joe spends at his CT house. When he is not in the bunker, it is a long drive into NY.

On the topic of living arrangements, I saw that Mika is selling her DC apartment that she bought a few years ago because she wants something bigger. Maybe the small apartment isn't big enough for both her and Joe.

I thought that the DC apartment was for her daughter who attends John Hopkins or her parents. ? Joe needs a bunker wherever he is so he can broadcast in case he can't make it to the studio at Rockefeller Center.

8 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe can just stop pretending Manchin is a senator the dems can count on. I wish they'd show Manchin the door.

I'm actually disappointed in Schumer showing up for dinner. Remember how the republicans treated President Obama when he would invite them to watch a movie?

And Bernie's answer to Joe on why not become a democrat was funny. Bernie kind of answered like he was swatting at a mosquito.

I have to watch the Bernie interview. I grew up in Montreal & used to watch Mayor Bernie Sanders on the CBS affiliate that we had access to. He cared about people and rented buses to come to Montreal to buy cheaper prescription drugs.

Governor of Vermont Howard Dean used to host a show called the Editors with the principal of the McGill University  ( David Johnston ).

I think Bernie has good ideas on healthcare.

• Love 1

Evening Joe Recap. Mika & Joe on Seth Meyers show.

As I suspected, Mika wore the same sleveless dress to the Seth Myers show that she was wearing on Morning Joe yesterday. Mika wore a special narrow black/grey scarf. I think Anglican Bishops wear those scarves. Mika looked fabulous! She wore high heels, ( gift from Donnie Deutsh?). She was very tanned. Joe wore the same suit as he was wearing earlier yesterday on Morning Joe. He wore a black & white striped tie.

Joe was not wearing socks with his shoes.

Mika said that the Trump presidency is almost a point of no return.

Joe said he did not have a physical relationship with Trump. WTF?

Joe was happy that Trump is not following them anymore. It was the highlight of the month for him.

That is BS. Mika & Joe were giddy when Willie told them on set that Trump only followed 43 people, 2 of which were Mika & Joe.

Joe said that Christie & Sannders got them better ratings than Trump. Trump is mad at them because of this & sent them spreadsheets to prove Joe wrong.

This is BS. If Trump was so bad for their ratings, why did Mika & Joe have him on a daily basis from June 2015- June 2016?

Joe bragged that Trump is upset at him & that's why he doesn't follow them.

Joe did not mention that Fox & Friends routinely gets twice as many viewers as his show. Trump watches that show now.

Mika said that Trump needs psychiatric help. Mika got applause. Mika then realized it was not politically correct to say that & said everyone should get psychiatric help.

Joe said it's hard to take away the health care plans provided by Obamacare.

The camera was off focus on Joe throughout the interview. His left eye glasses looked foggy.

Joe was happy about Mitch Mconnel saying that there will be no changes to Obamacare for the next few months.

Joe hates Steve Bannon.

Mika said that's it's pathetic to suck up to Trump. Mika has amnesia. She doesn't remember being caught on tape last yearagreeing with Trump to "no hard questions.. right Mika"

Mika said Trump was wrong & the crowd applauded.

Joe said that Shumer, Pelosi , & Hillary find Trump charming in private events.

Joe admitted to being a longtime friend of Trump.

Joe liked Trump's kids. They were raised well. Trump said that Ivana was a good mom.

Joe mocked Trump for not remembering the anecdote at a later event.

I find it interesting to watch Mika & Joe when they are not on their own show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I thought that the DC apartment was for her daughter who attends John Hopkins or her parents. ? Joe needs a bunker wherever he is so he can broadcast in case he can't make it to the studio at Rockefeller Center.

According to this article, The purpose of the apartment is for Mika to use when they are broadcasting from D.C.  Mika says she wants a bigger place so her daughter can visit from Johns Hopkins. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4349028/Morning-Joe-host-Mika-Brzezinski-lists-DC-home-985-000.html

Just this evening I came across a blind gossip item with an anonymous source that debunks that, and says that Joe and Mika are buying a bigger place together. 

http://blindgossip.com/?p=84282#more-84282

• Love 1

Was that a hoodie?  I thought it was his schlubby Mr Rogers wanna be outfit.

Joe was subdued today.  (Mika isn't in because she is attending the funeral of her close friend).

Barnnicle had the best trump analogy yet.  He gave him a vague comparison to a vampire saying, he needs to go to rallies every couple of weeks to drink in the applause.  The applause are his "blood and breath".  Thank you Mike Barnnicle.

• Love 3

So I was giving Susan Collins a chance until she alleged that the Occupy Wall Street "incident" was a Russian operation. She said it right at the end so they didn't follow up. Talk about fake news.   She's a stupid old goat.

And what's with all the McCain love (not new) reconstituted as "he's really sticking it to Trump"? Like hell he is.

I want to see the Halperin's focus group. These things attracts a share of fameballs no doubt, but the vast majority are sincere people,expressing their opinions to millions of people, which is pretty brave.

• Love 4

Thursday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker wearing a Blazer. Mika is at her friend's funeral. Joe gave a eulogy for Heileman's dad.

Every day begins with a Gallup poll rating. Trump down to 35%. Joe said Trump is down to his core base. They did show Trump's approval ratings during the election. They were around 35% as well. Joe's theory is that Joe got an extra 10% boost from anti-Hillary voters in key states.

Joe is mad that Trump fllowed Ryan's healthcare plan. Joe said it was idiotic to cut 800B of health benefits for the working class and give it away to billionaires in tax breaks. Joe said Trump should never follow that strategy becuse the will lose the House, Senate & White House.

Joe said Trump & the Freedom caucus like to blow thing up.

Joe blamed Bannon for this strtegy.

Halperin has several large cysts on his face. He did a focus group in NH. Some people liked Trump. Most people were confused by him.

Heileman said not everyone follows politics closely, so they are willing to give Trump a chance.

The big discussion was Trumpism. What is it?

Joe said Paul Ryan's plans are opposed to Trumpism.

Joe said Trump is more comfortable with Democrats.

More Glamor shots of Mika & Joe.

Barnicle said everyone on pundit panels gets too hystrical about Trump.

Stein was excited that Democrats could win Tom Price's seat in Georgia.

The Democratic base is very excited & they could do better than expected in 2018.

Joe said that 20% of Obama votes in the midwest voted for Trump.

The panel said Nikki Haley 's agenda for human rights with Russia & China is at odds with what needs to be done. Haas said the US needs Russian help in Syria. They need China to put pressure on North Korea

No one cares about Human rights abuses now.

Joe said he warned Trump that Washington always wins. Stop fighting with the press. Joe said the press always win!

Joe said he warned Obama in 2009 but Obama ignored him. Joe said they bragged that they didn't do theatre.

Joe said everyone should stop thinking that their Presidency is so special.

Goodwin came on to say that Trump should have a fake twitter account where he tweets so he can get the anger out of his system.

Joe said Trump should shake hands with foreign leaders and stop insulting everyone.

Joe talked politics & baseball with Dick Durbin. Durbin doesn't want federal troops in Chicago to stop crime.

He said the crime in Chicago is sad but didn't want to discuss any solutions. It makes Chicago look bad. He likes the the Cubs.

Barnicle likes the Red Sox.

• Love 5

Those of us still puzzling over Joe and Mika's repeated insistence that Jared Kushner is smart may want to check out the op-ed piece in the Washington Post today by Elizabeth Spiers about how it was like to work for him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

So I was giving Susan Collins a chance until she alleged that the Occupy Wall Street "incident" was a Russian operation. She said it right at the end so they didn't follow up. Talk about fake news.   She's a stupid old goat.

There was a time I had a modicum of respect for Susan Collins but not so much anymore.  Angus King was on NPR this morning so I'll stick with him as my go to Senator from Maine.

• Love 2