Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, oakville said:

I can't get over how much lighter Joe's hair has got after 10 years of hosting Morning Joe.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=joe+scarborough+photo+2007&tbm=isch&imgil=lvtPhC42Teu7oM%3A%3BlAXXhHeQ82zGfM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.tvguide.com%252Ftvshows%252Fmorning-joe%252Fphotos%252F292331%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=lvtPhC42Teu7oM%3A%2ClAXXhHeQ82zGfM%2C_&usg=__ASx9vYV_PwWUgfq5A_1TxRWnmq0%3D&biw=1093&bih=460&ved=0ahUKEwjO0dTThubSAhUD7YMKHcofC3oQyjcIKw&ei=-EzQWM71B4PajwTKv6zQBw#imgrc=lvtPhC42Teu7oM:

Joe now disputes that Obamacare will collapse in 2017. It may survive till 2020 , but too many states only have 1 provider. Joe says the GOP is doomed if they pass this healthcare plan. What's Joe's plan?

Joe has been trashing Obamacare since 2010. Now that the GOP is in power to replace it, Joe is trashing the proposed replacement. Joe is becoming Mr Cranky.

Joe is lying. According to the CBO report, neither the ACA nor even the new Republican plan will collapse the market.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Joe is lying. According to the CBO report, neither the ACA nor even the new Republican plan will collapse the market.

The CBO report is not 100% accurate. They were wrong about the people signing up for the exchanges. It's unfortunate that young & healthy people were not convinced in large numbers to sign up for Obamacare to help subsidize older people with pre existing conditions. Health insurance system only works if you get everyone to contribute to pay for healthcare. The idea that people don't  have to buy insurance until they get sick doesn't make sense. Perhaps, the USA should consider the European or Canadian health care models.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

The CBO report is not 100% accurate. They were wrong about the people signing up for the exchanges. It's unfortunate that young & healthy people were not convinced in large numbers to sign up for Obamacare to help subsidize older people with pre existing conditions. Health insurance system only works if you get everyone to contribute to pay for healthcare. The idea that people don't  have to buy insurance until they get sick doesn't make sense. Perhaps, the USA should consider the European or Canadian health care models.

The original CBO report did not take into account the sabotage and lawsuits from Republican lawmakers and interest groups that drove ACA enrollments down. Yet it was still more accurate than other estimates at the time.

And a numerical discrepancy is a far cry from the entire market "collapsing," which is what Joe is claiming. 

• Love 8

Tuesday Recap.

Mika & Joe are still in Washington. Mika is wearing her fushia sweater. Joe is wearing a blazer. Joe is mad at Trump for being under investigation by the FBI. Joe said everyone thought Hillary was under investigation but it turns out that Trump & his associates were under investigation.

Joe is predicting a Democratic Wave in 2018. Just what we need Joe, more horse race coverage 20 months before the election.

Mika was sad about Trump being a failed President.

Halperin is tired of Comey showing up to discuss investigations in public. Wasn't he ordered to show up?

Joe is mad that some Republicans are still defending Trump over these tweets.

Joe was shocked that no one cared about the Gorsuch hearings.

Mika & Joe called Spicer Bagdad Bob.

• Love 4

The new glamor shot is Mika's body is sprawled all over an old Mustang with Joe leaning against the front of the car. Mika's feet are being held by Joe. This is so weird. Is this supposed to be about Joe taming the "wild Mustang" Mika?

Is Mika compared to a horse? Mika used to ride horses when she was younger.

No other cable hosts on tv have glamor shots like this.

• Love 3

Mika says this might be Sean Spicer's last job.

Mika keeps saying trump should apologize.  Very funny,  Mika.

And is Mika ok with her BFF now getting an office in the White House, government issued issued communication devices and security clearance to access classified information. 

Senator Cornyn (r Texas) defends trump's claims of President Obama wiretapping trump and trump tower?  Thank God Joe had all his wits about him and called BS on this slime.'

Edited by stormy
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The new glamor shot is Mika's body is sprawled all over an old Mustang with Joe leaning against the front of the car. Mika's feet are being held by Joe. This is so weird. Is this supposed to be about Joe taming the "wild Mustang" Mika?

This was truly bizarre, second only to the photo with Mika sitting on the table with her legs in the air. I do wonder what is going through their minds when they decide to do shots like these. 

• Love 2

7:04 AM: Mika says (major paraphrase) that the lies that are being told about Flynn and Manafort not being campaign employees (formal or not):  How lucky her viewers are that she was actually in the Trump house to witness them coming and going during the campaign and she has been totally lambasted about being up Trump's ass.

7:15 Am:  Thank you, Joe, for pointing out that Bill Clinton also lied and caused great havoc in this country because of it. Because no other married man has ever lied about being blown by a girl 20 years younger and not his wife.....

Wait, I thought you said Mika is laying on a car and Joe is holding her feet? 

Did I come to work drunk again? 

7:15 Am:  Thank you, Joe, for pointing out that Bill Clinton also lied and caused great havoc in this country because of it. Because no other married man has ever lied about being blown by a girl 20 years younger and not his wife.....

Not excusing Clinton's behavior AT ALL, but I believe the only havoc this caused was between Bill & Hillary, and the GOP spending way too much time & money investigating it.   

• Love 8

As is often the case, the best part of the show was the last 5 minutes when they had that flunky from the "Independent Journalism Review" - the only "reporter" on the Tillerson trip, who filed no pool reports - on the show.

(To quote Linda Richman: the Independent Journalism Review is neither independent, nor journalism, nor a review. Discuss. It's a conservative website.)

I don't believe her and I suspect a condition for the access was that she give no pool reports, this was for her puff piece interview only. And I thought the AP reporter Julie Pace was great on that - but I would have clapped back a little harder when the IJR tool squawked that she was being unfair.

If you are the ONLY reporter allowed on a trip, you have to wonder if you're being used, or if you're viewed as so controllable you're not a threat. And if you're a real reporter, you would balk at that. But as long as there are stooges willing to take this bargain, I'm betting this will be the modus operandi of this administration going forward. And it reeks of totalitarianism.

• Love 8

1 HOUR AGO, MUMBLES SAID:

To quote Linda Richman: the Independent Journalism Review is neither independent, nor journalism, nor a review. Discuss

I need more than one 'like' for this part!!

Sorry I was still reeling from "Mika is laying on a Mustang and Joe is holding her feet". 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Not excusing Clinton's behavior AT ALL, but I believe the only havoc this caused was between Bill & Hillary, and the GOP spending way too much time & money investigating it.   

The car is an old Ford Mustang. Mika is sitting on the hood. Her feet touch the end of the hood. She is wearing shoes. Joe's arm is touching her shoes. Mika is looking up at the sky. 

Savannah Guthrie & Matt Lauer never posed like that. 

2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

As is often the case, the best part of the show was the last 5 minutes when they had that flunky from the "Independent Journalism Review" - the only "reporter" on the Tillerson trip, who filed no pool reports - on the show.

(To quote Linda Richman: the Independent Journalism Review is neither independent, nor journalism, nor a review. Discuss. It's a conservative website.)

I don't believe her and I suspect a condition for the access was that she give no pool reports, this was for her puff piece interview only. And I thought the AP reporter Julie Pace was great on that - but I would have clapped back a little harder when the IJR tool squawked that she was being unfair.

If you are the ONLY reporter allowed on a trip, you have to wonder if you're being used, or if you're viewed as so controllable you're not a threat. And if you're a real reporter, you would balk at that. But as long as there are stooges willing to take this bargain, I'm betting this will be the modus operandi of this administration going forward. And it reeks of totalitarianism.

Erin Pike is on Fox News Sunday with Howard Kurtz. She is a strong defender of Trump & the GOP. I think she wants to work for Fox. 

Julie Pace was a reliable Obama supporter. 

Tillerson doesn't like the media.

• Love 2

To quote Linda Richman: the Independent Journalism Review is neither independent, nor journalism, nor a review. Discuss

This post is like BUTTAH!

As I've blabbed a trillion times, I don't have cable and either watch MJ on my laptop streaming from Europe, or listen in the car via Sirius.  The European version has some interesting shots of them--most of them are from the Mika sleeveless shift dress days. Joe does have "good hair." No weave required! 

• Love 1
On 3/19/2017 at 7:35 AM, oakville said:

I think it would have made more sense to replace the mandate for insurance with higher taxes on medicare to pay for the healthcare expansion. IIRC, Obama didn't want the mandate to be called a tax. There wasn't enough work done by the Obama administration to convince young people that signing up for healthcare plans that essentially provided catastrophic care would be good for them in the long run. The basis of insurance is to get young healthy people to pay premiums to subsidize older people who in general need more healthcare.

The reason more young people didn't sign up for healthcare was because the Supreme Court ruled that Medicaid expansion was optional and states didn't have to take it or the funding which, of course, most of the red Republican states didn't. That naturally reduced the number of people old and young eligible for the ACA and thus young people from those states didn't sign up. The way the law was originally crafted would have had plenty of enrolments from them and the whole system would have worked much better.

And they couldn't sign up for catastrophic care plans because Obama basically outlawed them. They are only a scam for the insurance companies (which of course the Republicans love). Obamacare insisted that all health insurance sold (including employer plans) must meet high standards that covered all pre-existing conditions, kept kids on their parents plans till 26, did away with caps on limits to coverage, disallowed women being charged more for their insurance than men, provided free birth control and free check ups so that people would go for yearly care and reduce future medical costs caused by problems not being caught or treated early enough, etc etc etc. Catastrophic plans are useless and people will be going bankrupt from medical costs again.

On 3/20/2017 at 4:15 AM, oakville said:

Joe said Trump was boorish with Angela Merkel over wiretapping .

Joe forgot to mention that the USA did tap Angel's cellphone while Obama was President.

Joe focused on trivial issues like Trump picking fights with everyone.

Joe is being obtuse about Trump not shaking Merkel;'s hand. I saw clips of him shaking her hand when she showed up at the White House & at the Press Conference. He didn't do it in the Oval Office meeting.

Joe was right (I can't believe I said that!). Trump was incredibly boorish throughout the whole press availability in the oval office and the official press conference, pouting and scowling and refusing to listen through his earpiece to the translation of Merkel's remarks. Sitting in the oval office the photographers were calling for handshakes and Merkel politely asked the orange buffoon if he wanted to do a handshake and he wouldn't even acknowledge her question or look at her and rudely, petulantly ignored the protocol of all other meetings of heads of state. He's an ignorant asshole and deserves all the criticism he's getting, from Joe and everyone else. As to Merkel's cell phone being tapped, President Obama apologized profusely and promised it wouldn't happen again. Can you imagined the childish narcissistic Trump every apologizing? For anything?

On 3/20/2017 at 3:40 PM, oakville said:

The CBO report is not 100% accurate. They were wrong about the people signing up for the exchanges. It's unfortunate that young & healthy people were not convinced in large numbers to sign up for Obamacare to help subsidize older people with pre existing conditions.

The CBO's report on the Obama plan was as near to 100% accurate as any actuarial plan can be. The reason it turned out to be wrong in the end was because most of the Republican states refused to expand Medicare after the Supreme Court decision. See my explanation above.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, suomi said:

Mika was so manic while spilling the tea this morning that she talked over Joe numerous times - and he allowed it!

I love manic Mika. ! She started asking about whether the 25th amendment should be invoked to remove Trump from office. Joe told Mika to simmer down & she shut up.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, shok said:

The reason more young people didn't sign up for healthcare was because the Supreme Court ruled that Medicaid expansion was optional and states didn't have to take it or the funding which, of course, most of the red Republican states didn't. That naturally reduced the number of people old and young eligible for the ACA and thus young people from those states didn't sign up. The way the law was originally crafted would have had plenty of enrolments from them and the whole system would have worked much better.

And they couldn't sign up for catastrophic care plans because Obama basically outlawed them. They are only a scam for the insurance companies (which of course the Republicans love). Obamacare insisted that all health insurance sold (including employer plans) must meet high standards that covered all pre-existing conditions, kept kids on their parents plans till 26, did away with caps on limits to coverage, disallowed women being charged more for their insurance than men, provided free birth control and free check ups so that people would go for yearly care and reduce future medical costs caused by problems not being caught or treated early enough, etc etc etc. Catastrophic plans are useless and people will be going bankrupt from medical costs again.

Joe was right (I can't believe I said that!). Trump was incredibly boorish throughout the whole press availability in the oval office and the official press conference, pouting and scowling and refusing to listen through his earpiece to the translation of Merkel's remarks. Sitting in the oval office the photographers were calling for handshakes and Merkel politely asked the orange buffoon if he wanted to do a handshake and he wouldn't even acknowledge her question or look at her and rudely, petulantly ignored the protocol of all other meetings of heads of state. He's an ignorant asshole and deserves all the criticism he's getting, from Joe and everyone else. As to Merkel's cell phone being tapped, President Obama apologized profusely and promised it wouldn't happen again. Can you imagined the childish narcissistic Trump every apologizing? For anything?

The CBO's report on the Obama plan was as near to 100% accurate as any actuarial plan can be. The reason it turned out to be wrong in the end was because most of the Republican states refused to expand Medicare after the Supreme Court decision. See my explanation above.

Thanks for the information about  CBO report. Without those extra enrollees, Obamacare could fail.

I agree that Trump could behave better in the Oval office with Angela. However, Joe made it sound like he NEVER shook her hand throughout the visit. That's not true.

Wednesday Recap. Joe is the Bunker. Mika is off. Kasie! & Katty looking better than usual are on the set. Barnicle is in a grouchy mood & thinks Trump will leave office within a year.

The panel is gleeful that the GOP will lose their own vote  to repeal Obamacare. Some GOP's want a tougher bill that eliminates health care tax credits. They are unhappy about losing medicaid.

Joe said you can still show up at an emergency room to get free healthcare if you are close to death.

Joe said you can't threaten the Freedom caucus,

Katty said Trump needs more Deputy Secretaries to check out the bill before it brought to a vote.

Joe bragged that he spoke at the Lincoln Day dinner.

The panel likes mocking Trump.

• Love 2

I thought Barnnicle's little, if he's even in office in a year, was pretty funny.  However, later in the show, Joe was back on the trump reelection train.

The panel commiserating over that fact that trump has no one in the White House to advise and guide him?  What?  He's got Ivanka and Jared.

Joe pointed out the new republican buzz word is "binary".  Yeah, I hope to never hear that word again.

Joe also questioned how much longer Sean Spicer can take this mess.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

Thanks for the information about  CBO report. Without those extra enrollees, Obamacare could fail.

Once again, that is not what the current CBO report is saying.

The original CBO report Shok is referencing, from pre-ACA days, did overstate the number of expected enrollees. One reason for the overstatement was that it did not anticipate Republican shenanigans that drove down enrollments and made coverage more expensive for those who did enter the system.

The current CBO report, recently released, has said that Obamacare is not collapsing. That doesn't mean the problems aren't there or that the new Republican plan is better. In fact, it's way worse. But neither plan is going to collapse the market.

Joe and the panelists are being disingenuous and obtuse in all of the interviews on this topic. They had Congressman Jim Jordan on today and he double talked over everyone on the subject of premiums and deductibles. He kept complaining that health insurance alone isn't good enough if the deductibles are too high for anyone to use it, which is true. However, the Republican plan for "more choice" appears to be...so-called "catastrophic" (e.g., "junk insurance") plans with even higher deductibles. Why can no one call him out on this logical fallacy?

Joe was back on the trump reelection train.

It should not surprise me, but it does, that no one on this panel seems capable of viewing Trump through anything other than their conventional Washington political establishment lens. They talk of pivots, and re-election considerations, and legislative strategy as if this administration isn't simply winging it every day with no clue as to how to actually run anything.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Eliot said:

It should not surprise me, but it does, that no one on this panel seems capable of viewing Trump through anything other than their conventional Washington political establishment lens. They talk of pivots, and re-election considerations,

I'm baffled by this.  The FBI is investigating his campaign (of which Trump is a part, so it's not like he isn't being investigated himself)) for treason.  I know, no one wants to use that word, but "investigating campaign ties to Russia" and investigating collusion with Russia to influence our election is exactly that - treason.   It seems like just about everyone in his campaign, including Jared Kushner, has met with the Russians and it's not a coincidence that the only change this gang of thieves made to the Republican platform was to take out the part about supporting Ukraine against Russian incursion.  Quid pro quo - it's right there in the open! 

So why are they still talking about this administration as though the FBI isn't investigating him for treason?  Re-election?  Trump will be lucky if he doesn't end up in jail by 2018.

• Love 3

Joe said you can still show up at an emergency room to get free healthcare if you are close to death.

I don't know where he's getting this, and even if it were the case, the cost is borne out by other people when their premiums rise. That's why these big companies who give no or terrible health care coverage to their employees are getting away with murder. Their employees get sick and the rest of us bear the cost.

I had to laugh when they were all talking about how great their "Shinola" watches are. Shinola is a furniture polish from the old days made famous by the phrase "he's so dumb he couldn't tell shit from Shinola." Decades later some dumb hipsters start an overpriced watch company and name it Shinola because they like the sound of it. Can't wait to see what 1940s product they name their next company after.

It should not surprise me, but it does, that no one on this panel seems capable of viewing Trump through anything other than their conventional Washington political establishment lens. They talk of pivots, and re-election considerations, and legislative strategy as if this administration isn't simply winging it every day with no clue as to how to actually run anything.

Yeah when I started this show years ago what I liked about it was because they had 3 hours and were on MSNBC they had the luxury to talk about policy and ideas. Now it's just this inside baseball crap. The almost daily presence of Halperin almost guaranteed this focus because that's all he can talk about.

• Love 5

I don't know where he's getting this, and even if it were the case, the cost is borne out by other people when their premiums rise.

That was actually the surprisingly correct point he was making.

2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Once again, that is not what the current CBO report is saying.

The original CBO report Shok is referencing, from pre-ACA days, did overstate the number of expected enrollees. One reason for the overstatement was that it did not anticipate Republican shenanigans that drove down enrollments and made coverage more expensive for those who did enter the system.

The current CBO report, recently released, has said that Obamacare is not collapsing. That doesn't mean the problems aren't there or that the new Republican plan is better. In fact, it's way worse. But neither plan is going to collapse the market.

Joe and the panelists are being disingenuous and obtuse in all of the interviews on this topic. They had Congressman Jim Jordan on today and he double talked over everyone on the subject of premiums and deductibles. He kept complaining that health insurance alone isn't good enough if the deductibles are too high for anyone to use it, which is true. However, the Republican plan for "more choice" appears to be...so-called "catastrophic" (e.g., "junk insurance") plans with even higher deductibles. Why can no one call him out on this logical fallacy?

Why does Joe keep saying Obamacare is collapsing?

The show always has guests on that complain about premiums & deductibles.

Mika & Joe have been demanding a Trump pivot to normality since he won the GOP nomination. Trump isn't listening to them98

Because that's the Republican party line. They've been predicting collapse since the ACA was first enacted. 

Premiums have increased at a lower rate this year than they did pre ACA.  You can choose a plan with a lower deductible, but the premium would be higher. If & until this country embraces single payer, there's always going to be a tradeoff. If you want your preference of doctors, networks, and coverage, you pay more. If price is your main consideration, you have to give some stuff up. That's the way it always was before the ACA, but everyone acts like it's some horrific new crime perpetrated on them by Obama.

• Love 5
On 3/21/2017 at 7:16 AM, oakville said:

Because, you know, nothing says "know your worth" or "know your value" like taking pictures where you're objectified and fancy yourself as some kind of pseudo-sex symbol. [insert rolling eyes]

• Love 5

The photos of the two of them get taken/shown so they can prove to everyone that they are the coolest of the cool kids.  No one else on tv, no anchors who are partnered, are as elite and cool as Meekaaah and Joe.  Ever.

• Love 4
On 3/20/2017 at 10:47 AM, Mumbles said:

Lol when Barnicle called in to pay tribute to Jimmy Breslin. Along with the substantiated claims of fabulism and plagiarization, another rap against Barnicle when he was writing was that he was a Breslin ripoff.

I know Barnicle is an easy target, but he was (is?) a great writer. The facts surrounding his dismissal from The Boston Globe are nebulous. I won't be his apologist, but he's not a talentless asshole. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:40 PM, oakville said:

This is why we need Medicare for all. A taxed system in which the young pay into it, which defrays the cost for the old and the sick. 

On 3/21/2017 at 7:10 AM, oakville said:

Halperin is tired of Comey showing up to discuss investigations in public. Wasn't he ordered to show up?

Halperin is a joke and is utterly useless without Heileman. 

On 3/21/2017 at 8:08 AM, stormy said:

And is Mika ok with her BFF now getting an office in the White House, government issued issued communication devices and security clearance to access classified information. 

Who is Mika's BFF in the administration? 

On 3/21/2017 at 9:29 AM, teddysmom said:

Yes. We spent 40 million bucks on a blowjob investigation, but when we try to investigate if effing Russia interfered in our elections, we're being partisan. Eff this shit.

10 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I don't know where he's getting this, and even if it were the case, the cost is borne out by other people when their premiums rise. That's why these big companies who give no or terrible health care coverage to their employees are getting away with murder. Their employees get sick and the rest of us bear the cost.

I had to laugh when they were all talking about how great their "Shinola" watches are. Shinola is a furniture polish from the old days made famous by the phrase "he's so dumb he couldn't tell shit from Shinola." Decades later some dumb hipsters start an overpriced watch company and name it Shinola because they like the sound of it. Can't wait to see what 1940s product they name their next company after.

Yeah when I started this show years ago what I liked about it was because they had 3 hours and were on MSNBC they had the luxury to talk about policy and ideas. Now it's just this inside baseball crap. The almost daily presence of Halperin almost guaranteed this focus because that's all he can talk about.

I'm going to be upfront. I have no idea why I quoted the above.

8 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe have been demanding a Trump pivot to normality since he won the GOP nomination. Trump isn't listening to them98

Joe keeps saying Obamacare is collapsing, because he is a partisan hack, who tries to pretend he isn't, so he can keep his TV show on a left-leaning network.

• Love 4

I know Barnicle is an easy target, but he was (is?) a great writer. The facts surrounding his dismissal from The Boston Globe are nebulous. I won't be his apologist, but he's not a talentless asshole

Then we will have to agree to disagree. Which is fine. When he wasn't plagiarizing or making stuff up, he was IMO, speaking with an inauthentic voice.  And what constitutes a "great writer" is a matter of opinion, not fact.

• Love 4

Thursday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker without a tie. Mika is off. Casie is wearing Mika's scarf.

The biggest topic was Nunes releasing information to Trump that Trump & his associates were being surveilled by the administration.

Joe has been ranting for 20 minutes about how wrong Trump was to tweet about Obama.

Joe said Nunes should inform the committee before Trump.

The panel is mad at Trump. They are excited that CNN has a report that Trump's campaign was colluding with the Russians to leak bad news about Hillary.

Joe is happy that 29 GOP members are voting No against the Ryan healthcare plan.

Joe said he was independent when he was in Congress. Joe said he fought back against Newt.

More Glamor shots with Mika & Joe in a Taxi. Mika is not looking at Joe in the Taxi.

Halperin is laughing at the prospect of getting the votes by 7 pm. Halperin said it won't get through the Senate.

Trump has to battle the Koch brothers. Joe made fun of Mark Meadows in a crackiling wimpy voice. He said he is buckling against Trump.

Joe said he and his ganng of 12 used to battle Newt Gingrich who was less Conservative than Joe.

Joe makes me laugh.

Kasie is concerned that maternity care won't be mandatory in the new plans.

• Love 2

Joe keeps saying Obamacare is collapsing, because he is a partisan hack, who tries to pretend he isn't, so he can keep his TV show on a left-leaning network.

THIS is such an accurate statement. Joe make the requisite noises but a skunk isn't going to change its stripes.

• Love 1

I was not able to watch the first two hours today, but when I did tune it I noticed that neither Dumb or Dumber was actually there in the studio.  Joe's in his bunker; Meeka is "off".  (She's "off" alright, mentally as well as physically).  Anyway, was it mentioned why neither of these overpaid twits could show up?  If it's some kind of family issue or medical emergency, then I apologize, but it better not be contract disputes or a lovers spat.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

The crew didn't mention London?

They did, and in the process Willie misrepresented the London mayor's 2016 comments about terrorism and preparedness.

Anyway, was it mentioned why neither of these overpaid twits could show up? 

Perhaps because even if they are overpaid, they're entitled to *some* privacy? And to vacation/personal days too. I have never heard an anchor's absence explained in other news shows. 

but it better not be contract disputes or a lovers spat.

If we're not paying for the time off, I don't see how we have any say or right to judge why someone takes a day off. 

Boris Johnson is on now.  Why does he make me think of gene-splicing Christopher Hitchens and Christopher Lloyd from Back To The Future?

He actually reminds me a little of Trump, with the crazy hair. Plus he's a native New Yorker (! I know) who grew up posh and sloppy and never had to work for anything.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

How so?

About Joe looking concerned, I think he is realizing that there are even more crazies (Nunes) coming out of the wood work and that this ratchet Healthcare repeal may pass the house.

2 hours ago, Eliot said:

They did, and in the process Willie misrepresented the London mayor's 2016 comments about terrorism and preparedness.

The Mayor was upset last year at Trump . He said Muslims are well integrated in London There were no incidents last year. The mayor of London is Muslim. The attack was done by a well known Muslim, so it makes the Mayor look bad. 

30 minutes ago, stormy said:

I lost count but Joe said several times "trump's a democrat" this morning. Has he figured something out or is he pissed?

Joe uses this point to remind Democrats that he can be a moderate person who gets along with Pelosi & Chuck Shumer