Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika is all camera posing all the time.  She spends half the show staring at herself in the monitor.

Joe mentioned women in Virginia standing in the rain to vote.  Why aren't they playing Joe's shitty iTunes song about having ovaries and voting.

Joe ranted about restaurants and small businesses reopening.  Edward Luce told Joe this is a long journey.

No, Edward, Joe has all the answers now.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Again Joe is Don Knotts  in Plesantville this morning.  Joe, instead of giving trump political advice through the TV, why not invite him on your show?

Joe's very concerned about trump's poll numbers, political strategy and how this will effect his chances of reelection. 

Better to tell him personally instead of hoping he's tuning in.

Such a waste of your talent. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3

I would actually love to see Trump come back on Show; or phone/Skype/FaceTime.  This would lay waste to Joe's tough-guy-politician-host act.  He would revert to his sycophant self...but in a tough-guy-politician way.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is all camera posing all the time.  She spends half the show staring at herself in the monitor.

I noticed this, too. She is angling heavily to her left today (well, and every day, tbh) I think to hide her rapidly darkening part/roots. Her swoop of "bangs" on her right is fuller than usual. Joe's hair color matches his jacket perfectly today. I like Lemire but not his backdrop...the brick wall is very hostage video.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Her swoop of "bangs" on her right is fuller than usual.

Aw shucks.  I came here to make the same observation. 
She should have fun with her roots.  It's like an advent calendar of sorts.  A visual reminder of how things are not normal.

Joe had on a former security official or diplomat who has a book coming out, and a film maker who produced a piece on the conditions in Italy.  I watched Joe pontificate about China and Trump then the WHO for a good 4 minutes before he kicked it to the former diplomat, then Joe pontificated again for a while.  I couldn't hang in there.  I wonder if the journalist/film maker ever got her chance to be berated by Joe?
Joe spoke for about 6 minutes, the former official roughly 25 seconds.

I want to snark on Mika's roots and seemingly ever-growing bosoms.  About how perfectly "Florida" the roots'n'boobs are together. 
But, as I think about it, why be derisive?  I think I'd like to be a dominant blowhard still honeymooning, locked in a house with a Floridian woman with two tone hair, monstrous implants, who I used to cheat with, and who knows how to appeal to the boss in Louboutins and tiny pencil skirts.  Also who drinks vodka like it's gatorade.  I could have a lot of fun with that.

• LOL 7
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

I would actually love to see Trump come back on Show; or phone/Skype/FaceTime.  This would lay waste to Joe's tough-guy-politician-host act.  He would revert to his sycophant self...but in a tough-guy-politician way.  

Stranger things have happened. Joe frequently flip flopped on Trump during the 2016 campaign. However, I doubt Joe would risk having Trump or any other Republican on the show that doesn't agree with him on the show. The guest list has narrowed over the past few years.

Joe is also very reluctant to bring on a guest like Michael Moore or Professor Cornel West or Anand Gridhas on the show anymore. They could advocate higher taxes on high income earners like Mika & Joe.

I am considering timing how long it takes Joe to ask a leading question before his guest is allowed to answer it.  I am surprised the guests don't forget to answer his question because Joe talks so long.

Joe said that all the small business owners agreed with him that their  businesses should not open up until the virus is completely gone. Can businesses survive that long ?

I liked the black top that Mika was wearing today.

• Love 4

Mika made fun of Donny's outfit & the magazine cover with a picture of him that he had next to him. Donny had to turn over the magazine to calm Mika down.

Joe's new talking point is that Trump has destroyed the GOP & they have lost millions of voters.

Joe told liberals to not worry about Trump winning the election.

Joe is very selective about discussing the GOP's defeats since 2017. He forgot that the GOP gained seats in the Senate in 2018 despite losing seats in Congress.

Joe doesn't seem to recall that they gained a Senate seat in Florida & that  Desantis won the governorship in Florida.

Donny said that Trump's handling of the Coronavirus is his Waterloo. Donny said he doesn't have to work on the Biden campaign because Biden will win a landslide.

• Love 3

Joe admitted that China will be held responsible for unleashing the virus on the world.

Joe said that Chinese -USA relations will be affected.

Joe was mad that President Trump allowed 40,000 people from China to come to the USA.

Joe neglects to mention that US citizens & green card holders were allowed to return to the USA from China.

Would Joe support banning American citizens from returning home ?

Joe said China should be more transparent in future.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

I thought it was strange for Keir Simmons to be wearing a mask & gloves while reporting from London. Everyone in the background was not wearing a mask or gloves.

I wonder if Mika & Joe will start wearing masks on the show.

Joe said that China & the USA have to work together to avoid future pandemics.

I wonder if Mika will have more segments where she gets to read obituaries of people who died from the virus ?

Joe said people are dying from the virus in nursing homes.

• Love 3

Joe says what we need widespread testing in order to reopen the government.

Joe is all over the place. Joe is upset with Trump "lackeys."  Then he is upset that Trump wanted to liberate Michigan.  Then he said we don't know who will die.

Joe noted that his new friend, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, will be at the White House today. 

Joe is upset that many businesses in Georgia will reopen. Mika doesn't know why the Georgia salons need to open.  Everyone can have their stylist come to their house!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jim Vanderhyde of Axios says this is a partisan pandemic.  Everything is Red versus Blue right now.  He said he understands the governors who want people to get back to work.

Jim has a picture of his parents right next to him on camera.  I think that's really cute.

Joe is worried that people will die if major league baseball returns.  

I want to see Mika to broadcast from her and Joe's Palm Beach mansion!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Donald Trump tweeted about Morning Joe   Joe is absolutely fucking thrilled but he's trying to act disgusted. Joe lives to fight with the president so he and Mika can feel special.

Trump called the show "Morning Psycho."

Al Sharpton said that Winston Churchill and Abe Lincoln would never tweet such dumb stuff as Trump.  There was no twitter back in their times, Al.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Watched the first 5 minutes of poorly rated Morning Psycho on MSDNC just to see if he is as “nuts” as people are saying. He’s worse. Such hatred and contempt! I used to do his show all the time before the 2016 election, then cut him off. Wasn’t worth the effort, his mind is shot!

They are gloating, gloating, that 45 slammed them a few minutes ago and they are goading him to say more. Joe, especially, is best described as unctuous, repeatedly using the term "Sir," and saying go back to your day, you have more important things to do. He also couldn't help mentioning how good their ratings are, saying they don't need a booster. Barf, barf, barf. This is exactly why I retired from politics last June and why I kick myself every time I think, "Oh, I can take a peek." Barf. 

• Love 5

I have read some articles lately that CNN has been winning "daytime" .... over MSNBC and maybe Fox (didn't read that far).  Would Joe be considered "daytime" or is that different from early morning?  

Tuning in to CNN at 6:00 a.m. is a different universe.  Highly respected doctors (none wearing white coats), intelligent questioning, a female co-host who holds her own.  Could people be tiring of The Twins' schtick?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have read some articles lately that CNN has been winning "daytime" .... over MSNBC and maybe Fox (didn't read that far).  Would Joe be considered "daytime" or is that different from early morning?  

Tuning in to CNN at 6:00 a.m. is a different universe.  Highly respected doctors (none wearing white coats), intelligent questioning, a female co-host who holds her own.  Could people be tiring of The Twins' schtick?

It’s in the key demo’s that 25-49 age group that CNN is winning in. Fox still leads in viewers and MSNBC is still ahead in total viewers over CNN. Daytime starts at 9:00. MJ has about 1.3-1.4 million viewers and New Day on CNN about 800-900 thousand. When you look at ratings orders, they are by the key demo not total viewers.

Edited by Daisy11306
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Joe was very blah this morning.  He mustn't have had his proper dosage of Red Bull. 

I find it disconcerting that he has to read the  insulting MJ tweets just so he can lamely laugh. Don't read them! You don't need to validate them to make yourself feel better.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Kemper said:

The ratings for CNN Daytime are better than usual. New Day did better than Morning Joe at 7 am in the key demographic. MJ is doing better than normal in total viewers, but CNN daytime overall is much more popular than usual.

Morning Joe is not designed to cover a pandemic. Joe & Mika don't have the skills to discuss this issue. They are also unwilling to bring on qualified guests to discuss the issue.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-friday-cable-originals-network-finals-4-17-2020.html

16 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Joe was very blah this morning.  He mustn't have had his proper dosage of Red Bull. 

I find it disconcerting that he has to read the  insulting MJ tweets just so he can lamely laugh. Don't read them! You don't need to validate them to make yourself feel better.

Joe craves Trump's attention. I remember how hyper he was during the transition. Joe tried to get Harold Ford Jr & Richard Haas into Trump's cabinet. Joe was bragging about advising Trump.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe craves Trump's attention. I remember how hyper he was during the transition. Joe tried to get Harold Ford Jr & Richard Haas into Trump's cabinet. Joe was bragging about advising Trump.

He And She smugly made numerous references to conversations and phone calls, oh-so-casually saying "Jared this" and "Ivanka that." They tag-teamed, He went after Jared and She went after Ivanka. 

Until they over-stepped, and were dropped like a dollar watch. They never saw it coming, they were insufferable, they thought they were bullet-proof. 

They got played, is more like it. 

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I turned it on at 8 am so it was the 6 am rerun.

I was on my phone but I heard Joe ranting about a talking frog. 

Does anyone in charge at MSNBC watch this shit show?  Joe is turning into Chris Matthews. 

The world is on fire and he's babbling like the drunk at the end of the bar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Very well could be.   I've been so loyal to this shit show since the beginning.   But it's finally getting old.   Mostly Mika; I can't stand her grimaces, sighs, tsk-tsking, and the blatant irony of "Know Your Value" while she lets her husband verbally run roughshod over her every single day.   It's humiliating and maddening and she tolerates it.   (And whenever I see KYV, all I can think of is KY jelly).

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Other than saying Lincoln-FDR-twitter in one sentence, Rev isn't the only one guilty of doing that,  and there's no comparison with current times, but Rev was saying what is simply the truth. 

Does America and do Americans have a soul? Because if we were during those times as we are today this would be a different country. 

Joe wouldn't even be able to reference The Greatest Generation. As he does daily. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Well, opening the tomb and airing out Tom Brokaw sure wouldn't be found anywhere else but on MJ. OMG. I did a double take when I turned it on today. Do other shows on MSNBC bring him on? Surely not. Surely they have guests with relevant and current knowledge and insight on today's world. Dragging him out (on a taped piece, I believe) was such a waste of time. Just like the whole show. Same old pseudo intellectuals and bloviators...no "newsy" names. Just Joe rambling and Mika scowling (acting like she has all the answers but can't be bothered to try to form a coherent sentence) and looking terrified. This just has no value. They fill air with taped pieces and the host can't even work the full shift. Is there something better in the works for this time slot? This shitshow has played out. Yes, I think people are tired of their schtick...it used to be somewhat lighthearted and bright and fun(nish)...but now, and not just because of the virus situation, it's so dull and dreary...no spark, no joy, no hope, no news. Blah.

• Love 5

MJ inherited its 3-hour slot from Don Imus but Imus was always live for the third hour, right? Imus In The Morning was a three-hour simulcast and I remember it as three live hours. MJ was live for three hours for at least a little while, yes? 

You might enjoy looking at MJ's Wiki Wicca article, if it's been awhile (or you never have). There are 38 (thirty eight!) people listed as recurring guests or contributors and it's written as though they are regulars. At least that's how I took it. That sounds like a deep bench. And there is no mention that the third hour is a repeat every day. 

The show is described as having moved from basic news talk to enterprise journalism. Which is defined as the specialty of in-depth investigative reporting with a unique slant not seen elsewhere with any regularity. I shitteth you not.

"Stunningly superficial" is quoted in its entirety and gets its own paragraph. And Joey hiring Mika the night before MJ's audition is cited.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Jim Vanderhyde of Axios says this is a partisan pandemic.  Everything is Red versus Blue right now.  He said he understands the governors who want people to get back to work.

Jim has a picture of his parents right next to him on camera.  I think that's really cute.

Joe is worried that people will die if major league baseball returns.  

I want to see Mika to broadcast from her and Joe's Palm Beach mansion!

Excellent recap!.

I love all the reports from the homes of the guests. I like seeing their bookcases.

Mika & Joe should do a special report from the porch with the dog & Bamba.

Joe could introduce his neighbors who are small business leaders, former diplomats, entertainers etc.

Joe did acknowledge that he is very worried about any reopening of small businesses in Florida because his mother in law & son Jack are at a higher risk of getting very sick from the virus.

It's a difficult situation & the residents of Jupiter Florida should be careful about re opening the city until Mika & Joe feel comfortable. 

I suspect that Joe leaves the show at 7 45 a.m. in order to go pick up Jack from his ex wife's home during the weeks that he has access to him.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

I like seeing their bookcases.

I was a manager at a bookstore, so I constantly try to see what titles are on the guests' shelf.

The most surprising sighting was in Elise Jordan's home. The former Republican strategist has a biography of Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara.

I like that. Open mind, different views.

• Love 5

The CDC Director warned of a possible second wave of Covid-19 in the fall.  Joe predicts that the next wave will be deadlier.  

Mika claims that the "science doesn't change.  The virus is very dangerous."  Thanks Einstein. 

Mika claims some stores will close.  She is mad that the stores might close but doesn't want the stores to be allowed to reopen. Logic is not Mika Brzezinski's strong point.  

Joe says we have to learn to live with this virus because people have to work.  No we can all just have trust funds and screw our bosses for money like Mika.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Joe thinks that the Republicans in Wisconsin want Donald Trump to lose the election.  Joe says more people have died of coronavirus than died in 15 or 20 years in Vietnam.

Joe claims that Biden is leading Trump with seniors.  He cited polls of senior citizens who don't want people to go to work.  

Does anyone see an inconsistency in asking retired senior citizens whether people should work?

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I wonder if Joe has disclosed to MSNBC that he is working on the trump reelection campaign.  I wonder how much they're paying him.

Willie might be a junior staffer.  Jonathan Lemire is the campaign surgeon using a scalpel to dissect Joe's every worried question. 

Edited by tres bien
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Joe: "These protesters are just a fringe group."

That you devoted twenty minutes of national airtime to.

And then Joe and Willie said that most Americans are united in their views.  They are not sure what they think.

• Love 3

7:00   Joe is  on round two of what trump has to do to win reelection.  He's very invested in seeing that this comes to fruition. 

Joe's very concerned about trump's sinking poll numbers with seniors. But as a viewer I can tell you Joe you should poll people like me and I will tell you that you're loosing us. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm becoming obsessed with the fact that there is something so important in Joe's life that he can't be bothered to stick around to close the show that bears his name.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Oh my, Mika just mispronounced the word "chat". Like her, I'm prone to verbal gaffes, but I don't get paid millions to speak on TV.

How on earth did she pronounce it? SHAT? (like either a bodily function or the French pronounciation of "cat")?

Mika claims some stores will close.  She is mad that the stores might close but doesn't want the stores to be allowed to reopen. Logic is not Mika Brzezinski's strong point

Right before the end she made a bitchy comment on Neiman Marcus going under, something in the order of "You just go in there and they don't have your size and tell you to order it online." It's not their fault that you went up a size after a cake binge and had to get new pants...

I haven't been watching because I'm working from home, thus no AM commute listening to Sirius MJ. I see that Mika's normally grave tone has become even graver.  Does she read names of the dead from Covid each day?  That's nice to do, but......

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

How on earth did she pronounce it? SHAT? (like either a bodily function or the French pronounciation of "cat")?

"Chite", rhymes with. . . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Heh, she also intended to say hospitals and ventilators and came up with hospilators.

Covfefe!

I can't imagine why Mika kept being fired from jobs where her main responsibility was reading aloud. 

People who have worked in broadcast news half as long as Mika can read a teleprompter, interview people intelligently, read court transcripts, handle breaking news during a broadcast, and not look like a complete idiot trying to say "chat" or "hospital". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, tres bien said:

Yamiche Alcindor showed up in front of the WH. 

She talks so fast and breathless it's as if she just ran a 5k. I can barely understand her.

I know.  I like her but someone needs to tell her to slow down when she speaks.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I can't imagine why Mika kept being fired from jobs where her main responsibility was reading aloud. 

People who have worked in broadcast news half as long as Mika can read a teleprompter, interview people intelligently, read court transcripts, handle breaking news during a broadcast, and not look like a complete idiot trying to say "chat" or "hospital". 

Mika's teleprompter reading & interview skills have deteriorated over the past few years. If you watch old episodes from 2010 or 2012, she was much better at her job.

Joe's skills have also deteriorated. He is turning into Chris Matthews. He just yells for 20 minutes at the beginning of the show & gets tired out by 7 30 am.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika's teleprompter reading & interview skills have deteriorated over the past few years. If you watch old episodes from 2010 or 2012, she was much better at her job.

Joe's skills have also deteriorated

I think this is the result of their sweetheart deal allowing them to broadcast from their basement. No sense of professionalism, no decorum, no rules. No one there on site to raise an eyebrow or actually discipline their behavior. Anything goes. 

• Love 3