Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is consistent at helping guests sell books.

Mika would do better if she read books instead of helping guests to sell them. She is regularly shown on camera skimming pages - or frantically flipping through them like when Christie was on. I can’t remember a time she added anything more than odd noises to a discussion with an author. She added nothing today. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I can't tell you how happy I am that I didn't watch 5 seconds of this mess. 

I watched the whole thing (and yesterday), and I still can't tell you what Noah's book is about.

Edited by cased
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I've been able to watch only bits and pieces of the show lately and I've been complaining about the lack of authors for a long time, so I have to ask: Does Mika co-sign Rothman's premise? Asking because of this review which isn't KYV-friendly:

Whiney white boy cries about how unfair America is to whiney white boys for 256 pages with the help of a Thesaurus.

• Love 5

Umm guys. I didn't catch the show live today but had to watch MSNBC clips,  though I did listen to the end of the show on the podcast. On the website there's a clip of Joe playing the gituar with Michael Franti singing his song about gun violence. On the radio I only heard the original, which quite moved me, and I very explicitly thought "thank god Joe's not making this about himself and his "music"".....Guess I was wrong.... https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe  scroll down to see the abomination....

2 hours ago, may flowers said:

Mika would do better if she read books instead of helping guests to sell them. She is regularly shown on camera skimming pages - or frantically flipping through them like when Christie was on. I can’t remember a time she added anything more than odd noises to a discussion with an author. She added nothing today. 

Agreed, but at least she makes sure that the book is shown on camera.

1 hour ago, suomi said:

I've been able to watch only bits and pieces of the show lately and I've been complaining about the lack of authors for a long time, so I have to ask: Does Mika co-sign Rothman's premise? Asking because of this review which isn't KYV-friendly:

Whiney white boy cries about how unfair America is to whiney white boys for 256 pages with the help of a Thesaurus.

I just saw the clip of Tiffany Cross. When she brought up Eisenhower & Reagan and he said he didn't really go into them and she said well I can read the excerpt from your book, I lmao.  And when Anan asked how many people of color he interviewed.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, neona said:

Umm guys. I didn't catch the show live today but had to watch MSNBC clips,  though I did listen to the end of the show on the podcast. On the website there's a clip of Joe playing the gituar with Michael Franti singing his song about gun violence. On the radio I only heard the original, which quite moved me, and I very explicitly thought "thank god Joe's not making this about himself and his "music"".....Guess I was wrong.... https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe  scroll down to see the abomination....

I think the segment of Joe playing the guitar was something that happened after the show. It wasn't on the actual show.

Edited by cased

Podhoretz just stated that the Democrats offered Trump $5.7 million in wall money in December.   No one corrected him.

Weather guy says warm weather coming.   Would that be the Tropical Vortex?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Dr. Donny's in the house.  He declares trump insane about a dozen times.  Rev Al says he's lost it several times.

Lucky for trump he has cheerleader, Podhoretz on this morning to blame everything on Nancy who's over played her hand and analyze trump's path to a 2020 victory.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, stormy said:

Dr. Donny's in the house.  He declares trump insane about a dozen times.  Rev Al says he's lost it several times.

Lucky for trump he has cheerleader, Podhoretz on this morning to blame everything on Nancy who's over played her hand and analyze trump's path to a 2020 victory.

Podhoretz likened Nancy Pelosi to Michael Corleone in Godfather II, accusing her of offering $5.7 billion in wall money in December, but now saying "My offer is nothing."   

As I recall, no wall money was offered in December, which is why Trump's media allies had such a negative reaction.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, stormy said:

That's pretty much the summary of the show so far.

Joe is still mad at Trump over the wall. No one wants him to use the emergency declaration.

Mika & Joe are back in Florida

7 minutes ago, millennium said:

Podhoretz likened Nancy Pelosi to Michael Corleone in Godfather II, accusing her of offering $5.7 billion in wall money in December, but now saying "My offer is nothing."   

As I recall, no wall money was offered in December, which is why Trump's media allies had such a negative reaction.

It's a debate between the money for a wall vs money for border security .

Joe wants more security at the ports of entry.

Joe said the Supreme Court will over rule Trump.

Joe said Trump is doomed and will lose popularity if he keeps acting like he did yesterday.

10 minutes ago, millennium said:

If he got his Wall money in December, it would have been from Ryan. Republicans were in control of all branches. They never gave it to him. They could have passed it - the Senate did.  But neither Ryan nor Trump could control House Rs. That’s why the government shut down.  So what is Podhoretz talking about?

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, suomi said:

Shirley Chisholm. Right on.

I did not know about her until today. Sharpton said she knew her value before Mika wrote about it.

Sharpton was impressed with the turnout at Kamala's speech.

• Love 2

The interview with the woman who is Mayor of Atlanta was a wowser.  I only half listened until the end...Joe suggested a KYV event in Atlanta; Meeka got all girly.  Thank you, kind sir!  The mayor was enthused and issued an invitation.  

• Love 1

The panel was excited about Corey Booker running for President. He used to be a frequent guest on Morning Joe when he was mayor of Newark.

Sharpton said the candidates have to be authentic.

Willie is happy that it will be a real race in 2020.

Donny Deutsh said that Michelle Obama would be a great candidate. Donny said Biden is strong.

Mika said the Booker Video was nice!

• Love 2

Joe said Biden 2020 could end up like Hillary 2016. He is past his prime. Joe said he still likes Hillary personally. She might not like him anymore.

Joe wants to write a book about Hillary's 2008 campaign.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe wants to write a book about Hillary's 2008 campaign.

Because...of course he does.  Sweet Jesus.  Can you imagine the pimping of this pie-in-the-sky book by MJ and all the other shows on MSNBC that will be coerced into pushing it.  Anyone remember the Chris Matthews book about Bobby Kennedy?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Podhoretz is either extremely confused, or lying. Quote from USAToday re the Senate bill which passed, and which the House would have passed if not for the Freedom Caucus and Ann Coulter. 

"Hard-line conservatives in the House Freedom Caucus complained that the legislation does not include $5 billion Trump demands for a wall along the nation’s southern border."

Like to see him try to get away with this on Joy Reid or Chris Hayes' show and not get corrected.  But since Morning Joe is built on the mountain of Joe's lies, what's one more. 

John, Nancy Pelosi is like Michael Corleone in one respect, she will take out all the people who don't heed these five words "Remember who you're fucking with". 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe bashed Obama & Trump for not understanding how Washington works. You have to compromise.

That's when I turned it off.  Even with the fight Obama had with McConnell and Tea Party in the House, look at all the legislation he got passed, by compromising. 

• Love 6

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

I am genuinely puzzled by Joe's fixation with Hillary.

2 hours ago, stormy said:

Both of them have know Trump for decades. I'd like to know if they think he is getting worse or if he's always been that way and they failed to warn us.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

I am genuinely puzzled by Joe's fixation with Hillary.

Both of them have know Trump for decades. I'd like to know if they think he is getting worse or if he's always been that way and they failed to warn us.

Hillary was mean to Mika during the campaign. Mika never forgets a slight. They had trouble booking her. The DNC complained to Chuck Todd about Mika

Donnie & Joe said Trump was very nice in private settings.They don't recognize his behavior.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I did catch Joe saying how long everyone had known Trump, he and Mika for a decade and "we've all known he was a con artist". 

Oh, really? So why were you helping a con artist Joe? Could you explain that for all of us who "don't know how Washington works"? 

• Love 8

7:15 AM: I enjoyed Joe's characterization of Corey Booker as a guy who would "Run into a burning house to rescue a kitten with his left hand, while tweeting about it with his right hand."  Cute analogy-- I used to think Booker would be great (about 3 years ago) but now he doesn't stand out so much.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

7:15 AM: I enjoyed Joe's characterization of Corey Booker as a guy who would "Run into a burning house to rescue a kitten with his left hand, while tweeting about it with his right hand."  Cute analogy-- I used to think Booker would be great (about 3 years ago) but now he doesn't stand out so much.

Whatever anyone thinks of Booker's policies, the fact that Joe, who uses a cable news network to promote his crappy music and his wife's sham seminars, is bitching about Cory Booker tweeting is pretty rich. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 10

Monday Recap. Mika & Joe are back in the Florida bunkers. Mika wore a red sweater over a violet top. Her hair was nicely done.

The top issue is that Trump doesn't listen to his intelligence department. He doesn't like information that contradicts his opinions.

Joe was shocked.

Mika also discussed Gov Northam's yearbook photos. Mika said they are racist.

Mika challenged Northam' fitness for office.

Mika said she did not know what a moonwalk dance was.

Eddie Glaude is finally available on the show,

Joe wanted to know if there was room for grace with Northam.  "Room for Grace" is Joe's new Buzzword. I suspect there may be photos of Joe supporting the Confederacy 's symbols when he was in college.

Mika interrupted the new panelists with one word comments such as "oy" while Joe was interviewing the new guest. Cynthia ?

Joe said he was in college in Alabama from 1981-85. He said that No one wore KKK outfits or wore blackface to parties.

Eddie brought up Megyn Kelly 's support for blackface.

Eddie said Joe's social network outside of work was deeply segregated. No reaction from Joe.

• Love 2

Joe said he did not go to Harvard or McGill ( my alma mater:)) .

In Alabama, they did not allow blackface in yearbook photos.

Eddie said there were Blackface parties in Alabama. Elise Jordan said there were "Old South" parties up until the mid 2000s

• Love 1

Mika & Joe mocked Trump for spending too much time as "Executive Time". Mika said he watches too much TV .

Joe said retirees in Florida work harder.

Elise is shocked that an aide would reveal that info about their bosses. She said Trump was a slacker.

I find it ironic about slacking since Mika & Joe are slacking off in Florida & don't even show up to the studio on a regular basis  to interview the guests

• Love 2

Mika & Joe will be highlighting Black History Month with a special report every day on famous figures.

Kimberly Atkins talked about Ida Wells. She was the first black journalist & a founding member of the NAACP.

Wes Moore is back on the set. He was a popular guest during Morning Joe's glory years.

One guest called Trump Unbriefable!

Joe said that Trump & John Bolton want to invade Iran.

• Love 2

It's like Joe is daring us to find photos of kids at Alabama in blackface or Klan garb.  Is there any topic he won't make about himself?  

Yeah Ms Butt Buddy better slow her roll on how "woke" she is. 

Considering Joe's hours, he too might want to STFU about President Obama's schedule.  He would get to the Oval around 9-10 am, work all day, have dinner with family and was known to be working until midnight -  1 am.  Joe can barely get thru 2.5 hours. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42610275

• Love 5

They dug hard, but they found a guest who rivals Mika in the mispronunciation-of-not-difficult-words department: the Ohio GOP rep who pronounced "hyperbole" as "hyperbowl," thus distracting me momentarily from the inanity of what he was actually saying, which was basically excusing presidential lies.

Also, I always hesitate to criticize female guests for their speaking style because I think such criticism is often rooted in sexism, but Jill Abramson's nasal drawling is so cringe-inducing I have to turn off the volume whenever she shows up on my screen. I am certain I would make this same observation if she were a man.

• Love 6

Roger the Soccer Guy is back. Baron Trump plays soccer. It is gaining popularity in the USA. Joe likes Manchester United.

Joe hosts a soccer show with the Soccer Guy. Everyone is excited about Joe's show, "Men in Blazers"

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Jill Abramson's nasal drawling is so cringe-inducing I have to turn off the volume whenever she shows up on my screen.

You and me both!   I actually had to change the channel after two minutes of her nasally whining.   I'm sure there are speech therapist who could address this, but I get the impression that she adores the sound of her own voice.

Today's Meek-a:   The Lady in Red!!!   Boy, when she decides to change it up, she goes all in.  Even a hint of cleavage.  😳😈

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Even a hint of cleavage. 

Yeah that's not what I want to look at first thing in the morning. Is it really that hard to find professional looking clothing for a women in her 50s with millions of $? 

She trimmed her hair so it's all one length.  It does look like she's at least making an effort to wear a clean top and do her hair. 

• Love 6