Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Kemper said:

Are we the only ones....this board, this thread...who mock and ridicule The Gold Dust Twins daily?  Are we the only ones who thinks the network could do better?  Are we the only ones who can laugh and bitch about them at the same time?  Are we the only ones who see through Meeka's insecurities and Joe's bloated ego?  Are we the only ones who can laugh at their clothes, makeup and hair?  Are we the only ones who enjoy any skewering they get on Twitter and such?   

I think perhaps the reason we are so displeased with this show is that we come hoping for substantial news analysis and commentary, but all they serve is pastries and cheese.

• Love 7

Are they really congratulating themselves on their own show for how they interrupted that speech?  It seemed like they were muttering under the speaking, and thought they were correcting the remarks.  Maybe they were, but it's not even 4:00 AM here and I could not tell what they were doing.  

I also was surprised to see Lawrence O'Donnell on the show. 

10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Good grief, why is LOD kissing Joe's ass? . . . gross.

Like Joe actually looked up that information that he was cutting in with . . . sigh.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jjj said:

Are they really congratulating themselves on their own show for how they interrupted that speech?  It seemed like they were muttering under the speaking, and thought they were correcting the remarks.  Maybe they were, but it's not even 4:00 AM here and I could not tell what they were doing.  

I also was surprised to see Lawrence O'Donnell on the show. 

Yes they were providing real time rebuttals to Trump's remarks.

3 minutes ago, millennium said:

Hey waitaminnit ... I thought you clicked.   Busted!

Hee, I had wandered off but then wanted to see if MSNBC was covering the press conference live and was just in time to see/hear Joe.  I actually like when they do that (I believe Chris Hayes started it during the debates) as it helps to know you are not crazy in real time plus it has a little bit of a Mystery Science Theater 3000 vibe to it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

And it appears Macron has joined the cast swinging back at Trump in real/record time . . . viva la France!

That was freakin' awesome. 

I think someone forgot one of her cutlets. Mika started leaning to her left and relying on the armrest after she looked at the monitor and realized that her boobs are vastly different sizes this morning. 

• Love 2

OMG, David Ignatius just needs to pull his head out of his ass. He annoys me so much with his pathetic attempts to try to explain Trump within the framework of what real presidents say or do. When will he understand that there is no foreign policy strategy, there is no plan, there is no long-term goal? Just an unhinged, narcissistic liar babbling stream-of-consciousness nonsense at the rest of the world.

I seriously have to walk away when he is on the show.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

And it appears Macron has joined the cast swinging back at Trump in real/record time . . . viva la France!

Indeed, Viva la France!  Thanks for explaining what they were doing to correct the president's speech in real time.

Niw they are comparing him to Stalin, who also was famously not willing to be corrected.  

Now they are promoting Lawrence O'Donnell's book.  That's why he is there.  super. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, jjj said:

Now they are promoting Lawrence O'Donnell's book.  That's why he is there.  super. 

Hee and thanks for letting me know what LOD was doing there as I had to leave for a bit.  Man he must really want to push his book as I can't believe he would show up there just to critique the president's speech.

• Love 2

Wow, Scoop is on it today.  All this breaking news and now a live report from London when Trump arrives.  Tomorrow should be a hoot as the Brits just love him coupled with their WC loss they'll be in rare form as they know how to throw shade.

• Love 2

Now in the new hour Mika is reading Joe's tweet about the president's behavior-- while Joe sits next to her.

now they are replaying their muttered corrections-- and I understand why this was incomprehensible while I was still mostly asleep at 3:45 AM. 

• Love 2

Does Willy think Mondale was from Wisconsin?  That was confusing.  They were comparing this president's remarks on his "historic"  Wisconsin win and the Reagan 1984 election. 

14 minutes ago, jjj said:

Does Willy think Mondale was from Wisconsin?  That was confusing.  They were comparing this president's remarks on his "historic"  Wisconsin win and the Reagan 1984 election. 

To be honest JJJ I missed it but based on history this show can't throw enough compliments Reagan's way so I'm sure they had to remind everyone that Reagan won Wisconsin in 1984.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

To be honest JJJ I missed it but based on history this show can't throw enough compliments Reagan's way so I'm sure they had to remind everyone that Reagan won Wisconsin in 1984.

That's probably what they were trying to do.  They were focused on him losing "just one state" but only ever said "Wisconsin ". As I said, it was confusing. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

Love Scoop's smoky eye today.....however, it does not at all go with her long sleeve light blue golfing shirt she is wearing.

I didn't even notice her eye make up today as I have been too distracted by the gaposis of her shirt between the buttons (that drives me insane).  There's double sided tape for that Meeks.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, suomi said:

That was freakin' awesome. 

I think someone forgot one of her cutlets. Mika started leaning to her left and relying on the armrest after she looked at the monitor and realized that her boobs are vastly different sizes this morning. 

Now I’m going to be comparing her breasts. Lol

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Now I’m going to be comparing her breasts. Lol

Suomi, Xoqueens, they do look different (and I can't believe I am actually sizing up another woman's rack).

• Love 2

I miss the live throw to Stephanie Ruhle. 

3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Suomi, Xoqueens, they do look different (and I can't believe I am actually sizing up another woman's rack).

I’m going to look for a still and do a comparison later. ? And to think I usually hate studying for portraiture. 

• Love 2

I noticed because I saw her notice it and react and begin making awkward attempts at camo. Some mornings I watch her no matter who is speaking or what they're saying, and my effort rarely goes unrewarded. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, millennium said:

but all they serve is pastries and cheese.

OMG Joe, for the last time leave the comedy to the professionals!!  

Don't they always say one thing that women find attractive in men is if they make us laugh.  What is attractive about Joe? He's mean. He's condescending. He lies. He's not funny. and he won't shut up about Soccer. Enough already. You almost make me happy England lost.  

The only time I've ever laughed along with Joe was when Mika got her Invisaligns and she couldn't talk and Joe & Willie were laughing at her so hard they could hardly breathe. That was funny. 

I didn't notice if the girls had been traded in for a new larger model, but it could just be the shirt is tighter than her usual nun garb,  or she's wearing a different bra with more padding. Why would got thru getting a boob job?  She's 50 years old and hosts a news show, and she already had one. Do they need tune ups?  

• Love 4

but all they serve is pastries and cheese.

This is trivial, but then again this entire Presidency is--anyway, Joe said that "Trump complained that he didn't like the cheese."  But isn't it true that he complained because he thought he was getting a full breakfast and they only served a Continental breakfast (BEING THAT THEY WERE ON "THE CONTINENT", DUH)

• Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

This is trivial, but then again this entire Presidency is--anyway, Joe said that "Trump complained that he didn't like the cheese."  But isn't it true that he complained because he thought he was getting a full breakfast and they only served a Continental breakfast (BEING THAT THEY WERE ON "THE CONTINENT", DUH)

Whineandcheez to be honest I don't think anybody complained about the breakfast, they just had to cover Trump's odious tracks.  It was just another cheap shot by SHS at Kelly trying to humiliate him into resigning.  I don't think I like his politics but I do know he dedicated 40+ years of service to this country so if I am correct I find her comment vile and typical.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

but it could just be the shirt is tighter than her usual nun garb

Teddysmom, for me it looked like she tossed one of her "uniforms" into a too hot dryer and it shrunk as the fit was just all off.

Edited by Chloesmom
YIKES, spelling!
  • Love 2

I wonder, given the fact that LOD appeared on MJ  to.....wait....here it comes......promote his book.....if Rachel Maddow would do the same if she decides to write a book! I guess Joe will have a "previous engagement" if she does appear....she has been known to outwit him!!! 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, cecelia45 said:

I wonder, given the fact that LOD appeared on MJ  to.....wait....here it comes......promote his book.....if Rachel Maddow would do the same if she decides to write a book! I guess Joe will have a "previous engagement" if she does appear....she has been known to outwit him!!! 

He would vacation in North Korea (I hear they are very fine people) before he would risk sharing a desk with Rachel again as it just never ends well for him because apparently prep/homework is not his strongsuit but if you would like to hear about his cameo appearance in Congress he's your man.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

OMG Joe, for the last time leave the comedy to the professionals!!  

Don't they always say one thing that women find attractive in men is if they make us laugh.  What is attractive about Joe? He's mean. He's condescending. He lies. He's not funny. and he won't shut up about Soccer. Enough already. You almost make me happy England lost.  

The only time I've ever laughed along with Joe was when Mika got her Invisaligns and she couldn't talk and Joe & Willie were laughing at her so hard they could hardly breathe. That was funny. 

I didn't notice if the girls had been traded in for a new larger model, but it could just be the shirt is tighter than her usual nun garb,  or she's wearing a different bra with more padding. Why would got thru getting a boob job?  She's 50 years old and hosts a news show, and she already had one. Do they need tune ups?  

The thing is, I think that Mika thinks that Joe is funny.

The invisalign clip may be my favorite Morning Joe moment ever. I didn't see it live, but I can watch it over and over, and laugh every time.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, suomi said:

I noticed because I saw her notice it and react and begin making awkward attempts at camo. Some mornings I watch her no matter who is speaking or what they're saying, and my effort rarely goes unrewarded. 

Hmmm.

Dh7DoioUEAAw4Lg.jpg

• Love 1

The invisalign clip may be my favorite Morning Joe moment ever. I didn't see it live, but I can watch it over and over, and laugh every time.

I like the one when Mika found out what Furries are and ran out of the studio. It made me like her.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

No, that pastry/cheese reaction was an invention of Sarah HuckaB Sanders, to come up with an excuse for the reason John Kelly was rolling his eyes when Trump was insulting Germany at the breakfast.  So she insulted Belgium and Kelly's cosmopolitanism in one swoop.  She is appalling.  

5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Whineandcheez to be honest I don't think anybody complained about the breakfast, they just had to cover Trump's odious tracks.  It was just another cheap shot by SHS at Kelly trying to humiliate him into resigning.  I don't think I like his politics but I do know he dedicated 40+ years of service to this country so if I am correct I find her comment vile and typical.

The attempt at realtime view correction was reported in by WaPo:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/07/12/morning-joe-attempts-an-impossible-task-fact-checking-trump-on-the-fly/?utm_term=.758262881d9e 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jjj said:

No, that pastry/cheese reaction was an invention of Sarah HuckaB Sanders, to come up with an excuse for the reason John Kelly was rolling his eyes when Trump was insulting Germany at the breakfast.  So she insulted Belgium and Kelly's cosmopolitanism in one swoop.  She is appalling.  

The attempt at realtime view correction was reported in by WaPo:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/07/12/morning-joe-attempts-an-impossible-task-fact-checking-trump-on-the-fly/?utm_term=.758262881d9e 

Just quickly scanning the comments, for once they were mostly positive. 

(edited)

One rebuttal to the false pastry story came from NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, who was at the breakfast and said he had eggs and toast and juice and good fruit, all paid for by the United States, which apparently hosted the breakfast.  AND, it was clear in the video that they had not even been served yet, so SHS's comment was even more ridiculous.  She really is vile. (And it sounds like it was Sarah who got the Belgian pastries and wanted the full breakfast.) 

2 hours ago, cecelia45 said:

Will John Kelly, who had much heartbreak, (losing a child is the ultimate sorrow IMHO), in his life, have his own press conference to deny that stupid, insulting lie told by SSH? How dumb do they think the American people are to buy that ridiculous statement? When will Kelly realize how his association with the WH is ruining his reputation, whatever is left of it???

9 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Edited by jjj
  • Love 1
On 7/10/2018 at 6:39 AM, millennium said:

Hard to watch this morning.   Scarborough sure likes to blame Hillary on a daily basis, today for the Supreme Court pick.  "If only Hillary Clinton hadn't lost the Democrats in Wisconsin.   If only Hillary Clinton hadn't lost Pennsylvania."  Ad nauseum.

How come he never says, "If only a disturbing number of Americans weren't stupid and bigoted" or "If only the media including yours truly hadn't gone all in on Donald Trump's shitshow?"

When he starts that Hillary Clinton stuff he sounds like a prissy little prick.

I agree. I am so busy getting ready to retire that I have no clue what dumb thing Trump has said lately.

• Love 2
(edited)

Mika should not be left alone to host. She’s attempting to interview Strzok’s attorney and she’s lost. Lack of preparation shows through. 

ETA: Add little prep to a weak panel (Clint Watts and Barb McQuafe are gone already) and it’s time to turn the channel. 

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just got back and turned on Morning Joe.

They’re showing a clip from the circus congressional hearing, ending with the full crazy of that one Congressman asking Strzok if he looked in his wife’s eyes and lied about Page. Mika, looking down and muttering, “well, that’s just, just, that’s just judging.”

Perfect timing  

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1

MJ isn't too bad today.  It is moving along with no stops for long bombastic diatribes from Joe.  Everyone is getting a chance to talk.

Did Mika make it through the entire week without taking a day off?

2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Is Joe gone? Or did he just skip the last hour?

His bloviating ass is off today apparently. It's been kinda nice without him even if Mika isn't as prepared as she should be.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Is Joe gone? Or did he just skip the last hour?

Joe has one of his rare days off.

Wow, this news conference is a mockery of the truth.

Added - Comment was made before the Q&A part.

Edited by madfortv
Clarification