Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Is it worth the $25? I've been dying to read it. 

Meh.  While it's a juicy well-written read, the protagonist is Donald Trump.  I will probably never be able to think of him as anything other than a syphilitic infection upon America, or come to normalize this period of American history where the D students are in charge.  I got through 35 pages and realized it confirms what I knew, and I don't give a fuck about Trump or his crew enough to read longer about him. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I asked my guys in the know this morning about Haley.  Some of my friends here in SC are connected to people in the state house in Columbia.  It's a rumor, but accepted truth, that Nikki Haley slept with several powerful lobbyists in order to speed her ascension in SC politics.  In the book, a Trump staffer called her "more ambitious than Satan," and in the book there is a claim that she sees herself as Trump's replacement as President.  My friends said that she has/would flirt with Trump (or anyone) to manipulate him, but couldn't imagine in a million years she's actually have sex with the pig.
These rumors/history must really be a sore spot for her, so that is surely why she overreacted to stories she spends private time with Trump.

So... Michael Wolff is once again proven to not be lying.   

President?  Of what?    How in the fuck are there so many delusional people in the world? 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Well, it's been 11 years since her Emmy-worthy "Paris Hilton Is NOT News" revelation.  which, by the way, on the stream I watch MJ on still plays as a commercial! 

And I love that clip because it was real and genuine.  What we see of Mika now is not real or genuine and for all intents and purposes she has been reduced to being the traffic cop on set (hence the last 10 seconds of Wolff's set).  The only time you ever really hear from her is when she is trying to introduce a segue of some sort.  The major lifting is done by hilarious zoom ins of Joe when he's blowing some smoke out of his ass,  Maybe that's why she has become so brittle as she is clearly not an equal on air.  She threw her lot in with Scarborough and maybe didn't end up with what she thought she was going to get both on air and off air.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh THIS ^^^^^!  For those that missed the exchange (like me) here is a clip and it is a must see:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mika-cuts-off-fiery-michael-wolff-interview-over-haley-remarks-youre-slurring-a-woman-its-disgraceful/

Don’t mess with Queen Mika!.

I wonder if Wolff will write a tell all book about Morning Joe!

Mika & Joe we’re BFF with Wolff less than a month ago. Now he is enemy #2 after Trump

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

She threw her lot in with Scarborough and maybe didn't end up with what she thought she was going to get both on air and off air.

So true, so true.   Methinks the idea of sleeping with one's higher-up in order to advance one's career cut a little too close to the bone (pun intended) for Miss Meek-a.

She embarrassed herself in that segment.  She's not savvy enough to cover her tracks; as soon as MW started talking, she sat there with her arms folded, just spoiling for a fight that she knew would come because it had all been planned out beforehand.  She baited him into that territory then went all ballistic, pretending to be all spunky and strong and "knowing her value".   I am all for empowering women and bringing up girls to be strong and forceful; Meek-a, however, is the most piss-poor example of that I can think of.  She sits there and lets Squinty bully her, talk over her, ignore her day after day.  The only reason she got all ballsy this morning is because her lord and master wasn't beside her, taking charge. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Problem for MJ is this will backfire because it's obvious it was a set up. Wolff was talking about the Donald Jr email story.

In fact they even promoted it as such.   

I have to say I'm surprised they went after Wolff when the Hillary Clinton thing was right there in front of them, and that's Mika's go to "OMG I HATE HER SO MUCH" default story. 

Around 2011 , Mika & Joe invited a pastor on the show who wanted to burn Korans if NYC allowed a mosque at Ground Zero. Mika & Joe attacked the guy from the first moment of the interview & cut him off from speaking. They blasted him & ended the interview 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I am all for empowering women and bringing up girls to be strong and forceful; Meek-a, however, is the most piss-poor example of that I can think of.  She sits there and lets Squinty bully her, talk over her, ignore her day after day.  The only reason she got all ballsy this morning is because her lord and master wasn't beside her, taking charge. 

Great post Ladyrain, thank you!

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

And I love that clip because it was real and genuine.  What we see of Mika now is not real or genuine and for all intents and purposes she has been reduced to being the traffic cop on set (hence the last 10 seconds of Wolff's set).  The only time you ever really hear from her is when she is trying to introduce a segue of some sort.  The major lifting is done by hilarious zoom ins of Joe when he's blowing some smoke out of his ass,  Maybe that's why she has become so brittle as she is clearly not an equal on air.  She threw her lot in with Scarborough and maybe didn't end up with what she thought she was going to get both on air and off air.

Excellent observation. Joe is alone in the Bunker & we have Brady Bunch boxes most of the time. Mika can barely do anything other than be a trAffic cop. The show stopped the Girl Power segments after 830

• Love 5

Did they even discuss the fact that the FBI agent who was insulting Trump on texts msgs is the guy who drafted the letter to re open the Clinton email investigation after  more emails were found on Huma/Anthony's lap top?  Which blows the whole FBI is dirty story to bits? Or that it's pretty certain the WH and Nunes staff worked together on this memo? 

If Mika wants to go all Girl Power, why not invite some of the gymnasts from the USA Gymnastics/Nassar trial?  

Because those are much more important issues than who Nikki Haley is boning to get ahead in her ill fated career in the Trump Admin. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

If Mika wants to go all Girl Power, why not invite some of the gymnasts from the USA Gymnastics/Nassar trial?  

Again ^^^^^THIS.  Selective perhaps ratings driven outrage abounds.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I'd love to know what the paragraph is he's talking about re the affairs/whoring around.  Maybe he's just bringing ladies into the residence, ala JFK.

It's not like  Wolff has to make up shit to sell more books. I think he just likes fucking with people. 

Now Daddy is going to have to defend Mika tomorrow. Look for a 3 minute editorial about "how dare you call my girlfriend an hysterical dumbass!!" 

It was worth the money, imo.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Mika tried to set up an on-air meeting between Halperin and the women he harassed. Since hearing of that attempted stunt, I have no time for Mika and her girl power. She’s getting more and more ridiculous. 

Eeeeewwww, this slipped under my radar.  Oh gross and again totally off base.  Sigh.

• Love 1

Mika tried to set up an on-air meeting between Halperin and the women he harassed. Since hearing of that attempted stunt, I have no time for Mika and her girl power. She’s getting more and more ridiculous.

I had heard of the meeting but not on air. That is beyond disgusting.  What is wrong with her?? Is she taking programming advice from Maury Povitch? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Great post Ladyrain, thank you!

And I thank you for the compliment.  Mika makes me stabby with her "know your value" BS.  Does she realize we can see her, sitting there making scrunchy faces at all the boys at the table every day?  Gawd.  Her talking about the empowerment of women is like tRump saying he's the least bigoted person who's ever lived.  To me, both are instances of actions belying the words.  Irony embodied.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, oakville said:

The panel wants Christopher Wray to resign if the memo exposes unethical conduct by the FBI.

Why?  The panel makes no sense.  Wray has been the FBI Director only since August of last year, after Comey was fired, and long after anything having to do with FISA warrants and Carter Page and Hillary investigations and anything else.  He was in a private law practice for 12 years before being picked for the FBI Director position.  He has nothing to do with the alleged, unsubstantiated unethical conduct by the FBI.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hey Oakville, if Phil sees his shadow tomorrow, will you be going to Florida to recap there for 6 weeks??

I would love to go back to Florida tomorrow. It’s supposed to be below freezing here for most of February. I miss looking at palm trees.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

So true, so true.   Methinks the idea of sleeping with one's higher-up in order to advance one's career cut a little too close to the bone (pun intended) for Miss Meek-a.

She embarrassed herself in that segment.  She's not savvy enough to cover her tracks; as soon as MW started talking, she sat there with her arms folded, just spoiling for a fight that she knew would come because it had all been planned out beforehand.  She baited him into that territory then went all ballistic, pretending to be all spunky and strong and "knowing her value".   I am all for empowering women and bringing up girls to be strong and forceful; Meek-a, however, is the most piss-poor example of that I can think of.  She sits there and lets Squinty bully her, talk over her, ignore her day after day.  The only reason she got all ballsy this morning is because her lord and master wasn't beside her, taking charge. 

Mika came off like a scheming harridan in that segment.   The other female panelist was almost as bad, with her shaking voice.

"This is Morning Joe," Mika growled, "We don't do BS here."

That's right, Mika.   Morning Joe.   Not Morning Mika.   You're a sidekick at best, though on most days just a straight man.   No matter how hard you huff and puff, you'll always be seen as the boss's girlfriend.

All the same points could have been made without trying to shame the guest.   Can you imagine Mika's outcry if some male host had treated a woman author like that?

That clip made me slightly embarrassed that I watch this show.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, may flowers said:

What a dumb ass she is!

• Love 5

Maybe they should change the name of the show to Hysterics & Bullshit, with Grumpy Joe & Moody Mika.  

FYI, you're an even bigger laughing stock now than you were at 6 am when the show started.  That's saying something.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I had to search for the Paris Hilton clip, and I was very underwhelmed.  Mika just being the attention whore she is.

• Love 4

What is her deal this week with black?  Is she mourning the loss of her dignity?  She & Joe have been awfully fussy lately, is there trouble at the farm?  

I also noticed as someone up thread mentioned  that she either stuffed a box of Kleenex into her bra or she got another enhancement.   

• Love 3

This is the Morning Joe thread on Previously TV.  We DO NOT BS here!  Never, ever.  

God, I cannot stand Meek-a.  What an entitled, snobby, doesn't-know-her-value (it is way less than she thinks) piece of work she is.  You have to be really bad to make Joe look not-so-bad.  I was actually looking forward to the Michael Scott interview.  I knew trouble was coming as soon as the can't-remember-her-name reporter brought up Nikki Haley.  Meek-a started to furiously write something down; so I guessed what was coming.  Then I realized that Meek-a had planned this.

I never thought I would say this, but what on earth does Joe S see in her?  Yes, he is a squinty-eyed blow-hard.  But he sometimes has a good sense of humor, can laugh and make jokes.  And sometimes, even, make a point or two.  (It pains me to say that).  I guess she is the Well-Connected Princess that he has always been seeking.  Between wives.   But..face it, Toots...without your lover/boyfriend, where would you be .   And I hate to seem to be shaming another woman; but she is a slap-in-the-face to any female journalist who puts their head down and works really hard at their job, every day.   I don't begrudge Meek-a being in a high-profile job; she didn't earn it, but neither do a lot of people.  She just has such an above-it-all attitude...and when it comes from someone who lives in a glass house...I get irritated. 

On a lighter note...sometimes I would love to run my fingers through Robert Costa's hair; just to see how much of it is gelled down.  And I love his ever-present five o-clock shadow.  And I also love Clint Watts.  Does he ever smile?  He sits ramrod straight, all the time.  And his shirt/tie always look so stiff.  I pointed this out to Mr. Kemper and asked if he noticed; he didn't.   I would love to see Clint Watts and Richard Campbell do a joint interview with Lawrence O'Donnell; or Chris Hayes.   

And Yes! to who described the show as Brady Bunch squares; I compared it to a patchwork (or crazy) quilt.  The Brady Bunch reference is much better.   

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

And I hate to seem to be shaming another woman; but she is a slap-in-the-face to any female journalist who puts their head down and works really hard at their job, every day

I've said this all along. I don't like women being called out for asking questions or pushing back, but she is an insult to hard working actual journalists who didn't get a job because someone had the hots for them. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I've said this all along. I don't like women being called out for asking questions or pushing back, but she is an insult to hard working actual journalists who didn't get a job because someone had the hots for them. 

Funny you say this.   I was watching MSNBC coverage of the Republican train wreck yesterday (an actual train wreck) and the reporter on the scene was Kasey Hunt.   No lightning bolts, just Kasey out in the cold getting the story.   It occurred to me that the lighting bolt treatment diminishes her whenever she's on MJ, it kind of puts her in her place, like she's a junior partner, an apprentice or something, not on the same level as Mika and Scarborough.  But in fact, even though younger, Kasey is more of a news veteran than either of them will ever be.   

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

Funny you say this.   I was watching MSNBC coverage of the Republican train wreck yesterday (an actual train wreck) and the reporter on the scene was Kasey Hunt.   No lightning bolts, just Kasey out in the cold getting the story.   It occurred to me that the lighting bolt treatment diminishes her whenever she's on MJ, it kind of puts her in her place, like she's a junior partner, an apprentice or something, not on the same level as Mika and Scarborough.  But in fact, even though younger, Kasey is more of a news veteran than either of them will ever be.   

The whole lightening bolt treatment of her is deliberate; to "put her in her place", as you said, out of pure jealousy.  The first few times they did it, it was amusing.  Now, it's infuriating.  It's obvious that Kaisie is sick of it too, but she's a team player so she puts up with it.

I sure hope Mika doesn't consider herself a journalist after her hissy fit this morning.  She sure was proud of herself, like she was showing off to Joey or something.  I've never considered her a 'journalist'.  She's a news reader and a sidekick.  This show could be so much more interesting with a strong, intelligent female foil for Squinty. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Don’t mess with Queen Mika!.

I wonder if Wolff will write a tell all book about Morning Joe!

Mika & Joe we’re BFF with Wolff less than a month ago. Now he is enemy #2 after Trump

I would SO read that book!

It's difficult to believe it's been 11 years since the Paris Hilton incident. Egad. I've been watching this show for more than 11 years??

Perhaps all these years of watching led me to think of Joe when I was recently at Epcot Center. There was a "mobile lab" featuring Dr. Bunson Honeydew and poor, hapless Beaker. Could this be another undisclosed location from which Beaker, er, Joe reports?  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, millennium said:

Completely agree -- the lightning bolt schtick makes her look like a high school mascot instead of an in-the-field experienced reporter.

• Love 3

I have a copy on order from the library.  Besides me being just plain 'frugal' (ok...cheap) these news cycles are so 'of the moment' that by the time I get it, it will probably be somewhat out of date.  But I'll still have $25 to spend on something more enjoyable (chocolate?)

• Love 4

Mika's little hissy fit has just put Michael Wolf back in the spotlight . I had kind of thought he had run out his news cycle, and even wondered why they had invited him back on, but good for her, he'll probably sell more books. He must be thrilled.

• Love 2

Interesting analysis of today's fiasco. Was Wolff set up? Also, in July 2015, Mika & Joe defended Trump against accusations of spousal rape.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-morning-joe-formula-fawn-over-a-guest-then-shank-them/

Since tomorrow is groundhog day, will King Joe show up to defend Queen Mika?

Wolff is trashing Mika & Joe as gossipers who want to know about Trump's extra marital affairs.

He also said Trump was right about Mika!. Yikes!.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

The whole lightening bolt treatment of her is deliberate; to "put her in her place", as you said, out of pure jealousy.  The first few times they did it, it was amusing.  Now, it's infuriating.  It's obvious that Kaisie is sick of it too, but she's a team player so she puts up with it.

I sure hope Mika doesn't consider herself a journalist after her hissy fit this morning.  She sure was proud of herself, like she was showing off to Joey or something.  I've never considered her a 'journalist'.  She's a news reader and a sidekick.  This show could be so much more interesting with a strong, intelligent female foil for Squinty. 

I am very annoyed with Mika & Joe's treatment of Kasie!. Kasie is not a child.

Mika & Joe used to treat Savannah Guthrie poorly as well when she appeared as NBC White House correspondent.

They never gave her lightning bolts.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Interesting analysis of today's fiasco. Was Wolff set up? Also, in July 2015, Mika & Joe defended Trump against accusations of spousal rape.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-morning-joe-formula-fawn-over-a-guest-then-shank-them/

Since tomorrow is groundhog day, will King Joe show up to defend Queen Mika?

Wolff is trashing Mika & Joe as gossipers who want to know about Trump's extra marital affairs.

He also said Trump was right about Mika!. Yikes!.

Wow Oakville thank you so much for posting this as I would have missed it.  Holy cats that is some clip . . . yikes!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, oakville said:

Excellent observation. Joe is alone in the Bunker & we have Brady Bunch boxes most of the time. Mika can barely do anything other than be a trAffic cop. The show stopped the Girl Power segments after 830

I had forgotten about Mika's 8:30 show-within-a-show. Talk about a lead balloon! 

Hindsight being 20/20, I realize how long they've been trying to make Mika happen. It would be interesting to see a timeline of events/turning points on the show corresponding with what we then suspected and now know was going on behind the scenes.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I had to search for the Paris Hilton clip, and I was very underwhelmed.  Mika just being the attention whore she is.

The first time I heard the term "humble brag" I thought "Mika/Paris Hilton." 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

It makes my day when Mika goes MIA after one of her stupid stunts. Little teeny tiny teeny teeny tiny ovaries on that one!

A pattern is emerging.

Meanwhile, I just had to switch off for a few minutes until the panelists finish their obligatory tongue bath of Scarborough re: his band.   Funny, Scarborough ridicules Trump for sitting there while his cabinet members praise him one by one.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, suomi said:

I had forgotten about Mika's 8:30 show-within-a-show. Talk about a lead balloon! 

Hindsight being 20/20, I realize how long they've been trying to make Mika happen. It would be interesting to see a timeline of events/turning points on the show corresponding with what we then suspected and now know was going on behind the scenes.

There were long periods of the show when Mika went on tirades about Coca Cola being bad for you & Mika attacking people who ate fatty foods. It was around the time of Mika's book on her eating disorders. Those segments have stopped.

In 2009, Mika was running marathons for politicians in Washington & tried to convince Chris Christie to participate.

Mika as defender of Nikki Haley is silly. Mika hates anyone who is working for Trump. In November 2016, Mika was trying to get l her friends like Dinah Powell to work for Trump.

I find it hilarious that Mika is off today. I guess she couldn't handle Wolffe's twitter attacks on her & Joe.

It's telling that they haven't played a clip of yesterday's " We don't BS on Morning Joe".

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, millennium said:

A pattern is emerging.

Meanwhile, I just had to switch off for a few minutes until the panelists finish their obligatory tongue bath of Scarborough re: his band.   Funny, Scarborough ridicules Trump for sitting there while his cabinet members praise him one by one.

Joe's band is very popular!. It will be on FaceBook Live.! Joe must be working hard on his new songs about Memos & that he GOP is on the Eve of Destruction.

• Love 2