Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/08/16

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Paula reiterating the panel needs a leader... someone who may have to sacrifice things for the others made me cackle. Whoopi has never done that.

Love how she brought it up a few times as if to remind Whoopi... this is your job!

she's definitely been talked too it seems.

Do you mean Whoopi was talked to? What was Whoopi's reaction? Or Joy's? Thanks in advance.

During the conversation about whether or not couples should be equal, Brain Trust Member, Raven, said she needs time to trust someone complicitly (rather than implicitly).  She needs to go back to school & learn English because she definitely does not have a firm grasp of the language.  Every time she is required to string together enough words to make a sentence, you can count on her to mispronounce a word or use a word in the wrong context.  (Drives me wild!!)

ETA:  Nextiteration  .. good post!!!

THIS! Raven said, I think it was the word "crave" when she meant another word or vice versa.  It escapes me now. BAH.

• Love 2

Paula and Candace start talking about wanting a leader, and how that doesn't mean they're (they and their hubbies) are not not equal, meaning they so totally are equal (which is the opposite of leader) and all I end up hearing is the sound of the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon: Waaawaaaawaaaawaaawaaawaaawaaaawaaa.

And Joy was right, and dammitall, Whoopi was right: that leader means that the "leader" is better than the non-leader, which is just what Candace and Paula were saying. That their hubbies were the leaders, ergo, they are better, one level or two levels UP from where you two twits are standing or sitting.

And Candace proved once again, why politicians who make decisions based on their faith shouldn't be in office.  The point of Separation of Church and State-religion should have NOTHING to do with how one rules. It should be based on policy and laws.  So of course Candace is now going to remain and veer toward Kasich. I'm not knocking him, but the man should know, after all his years in politics, that religion has no place. Be religious in your private time and in your personal life and whatever decisions you make for yourself and your family. But for the rest of the country? No way. So STFU, Candace.

Riiight. Like I'm going to believe the words in Fiorina's statement as she "suspended" her campaign. I was whooping and cheering when I heard she dropped out. And I will no longer have to hear her vile lies about Planned Parenthood and how she "saw" the video.

And also, I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I know, but I can't help it, these two just keep saying shit that makes me say this over and over again: STFU, Candace and Paula! Not everyone is "blessed" to find that poirfect poirsen to marry. Not EVERYONE wants to be married. Not everyone finds the person and gets married. Not to get too off-topic, but I was burned, not once, but twice, yet I would like to be married again--just haven't found the man. Or he hasn't found me. But I'm not going to knock those that don't want to be, so STFU!

Love Samantha Bee! Though now I am thoroughly confused. I am so sure she was pregnant when she left The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last year, so she should have four kids, not three. But she says three, so...now...was I hallucinating? Youtube Rabbit Hole, here I come!

I did enjoy Bernie yesterday, but I will admit, I really appreciated that Sunni, at least, shook his hand and didn't hug him. I'm of the mind, if you are running for President, keep that little bit of distance and shake hands and not hug, as if you are a celebrity, you know? And should only go on SNL after you leave office, because, otherwise, how can one take you seriously? But then again, President Obama has appeared on The Colbert Report to mock "Stephen" so what do I know?

Apparently, these ladies and other folks, are totally ignoring the delegates portion of these primaries.  Yes, Bernie Sanders won by a huge gap--in the popular vote.  But throw in the delegates? It was a tie. So now, I want to know how many fucking delegates, Trump The Blowhard got.  And is he really winning where it counts?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15

Paula and Candace start talking about wanting a leader, and how that doesn't mean they're (they and their hubbies) are not not equal, meaning they so totally are equal (which is the opposite of leader) and all I end up hearing is the sound of the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon: Waaawaaaawaaaawaaawaaawaaawaaaawaaa.

And Joy was right, and dammitall, Whoopi was right: that leader means that the "leader" is better than the non-leader, which is just what Candace and Paula were saying. That their hubbies were the leaders, ergo, they are better, one level or two levels UP from where you two twits are standing or sitting.

And Candace proved once again, why politicians who make decisions based on their faith shouldn't be in office.  The point of Separation of Church and State-religion should have NOTHING to do with how one rules. It should be based on policy and laws.  So of course Candace is now going to remain and veer toward Kasich. I'm not knocking him, but the man should know, after all his years in politics, that religion has no place. Be religious in your private time and in your personal life and whatever decisions you make for yourself and your family. But for the rest of the country? No way. So STFU, Candace.

Riiight. Like I'm going to believe the words in Fiorina's statement as she "suspended" her campaign. I was whooping and cheering when I heard she dropped out. And I will no longer have to hear her vile lies about Planned Parenthood and how she "saw" the video.

And also, I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I know, but I can't help it, these two just keep saying shit that makes me say this over and over again: STFU, Candace and Paula! Not everyone is "blessed" to find that poirfect poirsen to marry. Not EVERYONE wants to be married. Not everyone finds the person and gets married. Not to get too off-topic, but I was burned, not once, but twice, yet I would like to be married again--just haven't found the man. Or he hasn't found me. But I'm not going to knock those that don't want to be, so STFU!

Love Samantha Bee! Though now I am thoroughly confused. I am so sure she was pregnant when she left The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last year, so she should have four kids, not three. But she says three, so...now...was I hallucinating? Youtube Rabbit Hole, here I come!

I did enjoy Bernie yesterday, but I will admit, I really appreciated that Sunni, at least, shook his hand and didn't hug him. I'm of the mind, if you are running for President, keep that little bit of distance and shake hands and not hug, as if you are a celebrity, you know? And should only go on SNL after you leave office, because, otherwise, how can one take you seriously? But then again, President Obama has appeared on The Colbert Report to mock "Stephen" so what do I know?

Apparently, these ladies and other folks, are totally ignoring the delegates portion of these primaries.  Yes, Bernie Sanders won by a huge gap--in the popular vote.  But throw in the delegates? It was a tie. So now, I want to know how many fucking delegates, Trump The Blowhard got.  And is he really winning where it counts?

Thank you for explaining the bit about the delegates--this Canadian did not realize that and it seems to be a vital piece of information that Joy or someone should have mentioned.

Yes, the "leader" discussion was hilarious and especially when Joy, in an exasperated tone, said she wasn't buying it.  I was only half-watching (while working!) but I am pretty sure Paula said to Joy that Whoopi was Joy's leader, and Joy said no she isn't, at least not anymore.  Or something like that--anyone else catch it?

Re Miss Whoopi touring, I think she does it quite a bit, because I recall not that long ago her bus started on fire when she was performing in Atlantic Canada, I believe.

• Love 3

Yeah, Joy said something like that, but so much giggling/cross-talk, I missed it. I think what Joy said, was the she, Joy, wasn't "married with Whoopi" and so the comparison that Whoopi was Joy's "leader" made no sense.

And the fact that the examples both Candace and Paula gave, had nothing to do with relationships, but jobs, the government...well there you go! But then Paula also said, she doesn't feel like making the decision of what she wants to do when she gets home, and wants her husband to make it for "her." But mainly, all the examples they gave...it was like apples to oranges. And Whoopi, when finally asked what she thought, said that the idea of having a "leader" doesn't belong in a marriage.

• Love 4

Just a FYI, the tickets to see Whoopi are $69 mezzanine, and $79 orchestra.  I believe Michelle said a ticket to her show is $5 and I think Sherri is somewhere in the $35 dollar range.  Whoopi is a stah, you know.  I don't know about Joy, but I think she works small venues.  

• Love 2

Frankly I think CCB and Paula were married in the wrong time period. They belong in the 1800s-1950's with the mindsets they have.

For realz! Just look that that dress she's wearing in her book Having it All. Could it be anymore stereotypical of the 1950's?

• Love 4

I try not to gossip about love lives of people, but the way Paula and CCB talk avout their marriages, I'm expecting divorces in the next few years or at least hubbies being caught cheating.

I am always reminded of Kathy Lee Gifford bragging about her perfect marriage just before Frank was caught flirting, and maybe more, with the blonde flight attendant. Seriously, humility is part of their religion isn't it? I say when you have been married 30 or 40 plus years. Then tell me about your happy marriage. Usually by then, most folks have experienced enough realities to be humble and careful about bragging about their "perfect" marriages.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11

I am always reminded of Kathy Lee Gifford bragging about her perfect marriage just before Frank was caught flirting, and maybe more, with the blonde flight attendant. Seriously, humility is part of their religion isn't it? I say when you have been married 30 or 40 plus years. Then tell me about your happy marriage. Usually by then, most folks have experienced enough realities to be humble and careful about bragging about their "perfect" marriages.

Yes, as I remember Frank was set up by that flight attendant and did have at least two sexual encounters with her. I remember feeling sorry for Kathie Lee, but I also remember being sick of hearing about her perfect husband, adorable children, and two little white dogs, Chablis and Chardonnay, who lived in their gorgeous mansion on the water. She loved to brag about it all, which made it so much harder when Frank "betrayed" her. I'm always suspicious when people can't seem to stop talking about their immense love for their perfect spouse. 

Edited to add this from People Magazine:

She and Frank, a "human love machine" with a great behind, as she has told viewers in her daily give-and-take with cohost Regis Philbin and her bestselling 1992 autobiography, I Can't Believe I Said That! are the parents of two beautiful children, Cody, 7 (who was just weeks old when he made his first appearance on air), and Cassidy, 3. The couple round out each day at their sprawling, seaside mansion in Greenwich, Conn., where, Kathie Lee has said, they pray and sit before a roaring fire, regardless of the season.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 9
Paula said to Joy that Whoopi was Joy's leader, and Joy said no she isn't, at least not anymore.  Or something like that--anyone else catch it?

I thought there was a quick joke inserted about sleeping together--before the "not anymore" comment.

Yes, as I remember Frank was set up by that flight attendant and did have at least two sexual encounters with her.

Hmmmm....set up?  If I'm not supposed to be buying, it doesn't matter how you're selling.

• Love 5

Do you mean Whoopi was talked to? What was Whoopi's reaction? Or Joy's? Thanks in advance.

Whoopi had to have been talked too because she hasn't been dominating the conversations as much, and by that I mean she hasn't had the final say on every hot topic. Sometimes she hasn't even interjected her thoughts in some of the ones she has before.

When Paula basically said that is what a "leader" does (which is why Meredith was the best moderator) she pointed at Whoopi as being there "leader" and Whoopi was just kind of smirking. The elephant in the room being no Whoopi doesn't usually let her opinions not be heard. If she was spoken to the other panelists would be aware so this could be Paula subtly bringing it up.

Whoopi clearly does not like Paula. Candace yes, Paula no.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 4

I believe there's a couple phrases here "The bigger they are, the harder they fall," and the "The lady does protest much" or something to that fact. I felt horrible for Kathy. In the end, they did stay together and they clearly worked things out, and I felt for Kathy when Frank died. But going off topic here. Anyways, the more and more CCB and Paula talk about their marriages in relation to the hot topics that come out, the more and more I'm betting there's gonna be a meltdown somewhere. One of those husbands will be caught cheating, or hell, one of the ladies will be. SOMETHING is gonna happen, because Karma and Murphy's Law tells us it will. I'll feel bad when it does, because no one deserves to have their marriage melt down in public, even if some of it is public. Or the way Paula and CCB cling to religion.. at some point they are going to be come disillusioned, or in CCB's case, I bet her brother will do an intervention to make sure she stays the course or whatever. 

I get being religious. I do. I grew up in a Christian/Jewish household. My grandparents were devout (well my maternal grandmother...) and while growing up the Christian side was more pronounced as my Dad's family was around more than my mom's. So to appease my Christian grandmother, we went to church (although I fell asleep and according to stories I didn't like my pastor and even asked loudly during one Mass, why he was wearing a dress...). But thankfully, my parents never tried to honestly force my sister and I to follow either Judaism or Christianity. (I identify as Jewish but I don't practice- and my sister went the Pagan Route) So thankfully my parents were cool, all the cared was if we believed in anything. 

So while I can understand being religious, and that may be the reason why CCB and Paula are on this show, I just don't understand trying to shove the religious element in the show. Elizabeth did, and I ended up stopping watching because the show got my blood pressure up (and it's normally pretty good, at 32 my doctors told me I have a teenagers blood pressure, woohoo!) and I couldn't stand Elizabeth anymore, even in small doses. CCB and Paula constantly try to insert it, and I hate it and want them to stop. I want to them to talk about the topics at hand with their own opinion, not what the church shoves into their heads. I realize CCB may be too late because of Kurt probably brainwashing her the moment he found religion, but god these women need to look outside the religious box.

As for Whoopi's show, sorry the only comic I want to see is Jeff Dunham.. PEANUT! I can't even afford 69 dollars to try and see her. Really sad to see how ignorant Whoopi is and I am not spending what little money I have on her. Jeff... I might. LOL

• Love 3

Paula and Candace just love to gloat about their marriages and sex life with their husbands who are their "leaders". I would be embarrassed to admit that anyone was my leader.

This is why the show doesn't need both CCB and Paula. They are way too much alike.

Is there anything they don't agree on??

• Love 11

This is why the show doesn't need both CCB and Paula. They are way too much alike.

But if they got rid of one, who would the other one share smug, knowing glances with?   You just want to take all the pleasure out of the whole show for them, Vinyasa!  Condescending superiority isn't nearly as much fun if you don't have someone to share it with!  

• Love 14

Condescending superiority indeed. That is exactly the vibe I get. No marriage is so effing perfect. Im not saying she should out her husband's embarrassing personal stuff, but she could say, "yeah we have our defining moments" instead of all this perfection and farting rainbows and flowers. Bah.

• Love 10

Frankly I think CCB and Paula were married in the wrong time period. They belong in the 1800s-1950's with the mindsets they have.

Also, those two idiots dont realize that they wd be home cooking and cleaning and raising kids, and not working outside the home without feminism to continue to open up opportunities for them. They can both go home to their "leaders". Blechhh.

• Love 15

Whoopi had to have been talked too because she hasn't been dominating the conversations as much, and by that I mean she hasn't had the final say on every hot topic. Sometimes she hasn't even interjected her thoughts in some of the ones she has before.

I think Whoopi was baked.  After seven (eight?) years she's not going to suddenly stfu at the table and I don't believe for a minute anyone in charge of this crap show cares enough to  "talk" to her; the only evidence I've ever seen of TPTB interjecting themselves into this show was when they had Dan Abrahms come on an explain to Whoopi why Cosby just might be guilty.  But that's not to say I don't prefer Her Highness the way she was today which was 180 degrees from how she usually is - letting others talk, etc.  It was almost pleasant.  Plus, she didn't look like a bag lady today either - at least from the waist up, I didn't see her stomp onstage.  

THIS! Raven said, I think it was the word "crave" when she meant another word or vice versa.  It escapes me now. BAH.

She said "crave" when talking about the bone broth craze, something Whoopi seems to think Raven invented.   Raven also used the word encompassing instead of inclusive when referring to a presidential candidate (I can't remember which one, they all blather on) and complicity when she meant implicitly which cracked me up.   Yes, I kept track.  I have to entertain myself sometimes during this show, lol.   

Thank you for explaining the bit about the delegates--this Canadian did not realize that and it seems to be a vital piece of information that Joy or someone should have mentioned.

I'm not sure they even know, but it's pretty simple.  These state primaries and caucuses are used by both parties to determine the number of delegates each candidate in their party will receive at the nominating convention.    For example, the Democrats use a proportional representation to determine the number of that state's delegates each nominee will get.   New Hampshire had 24 Democratic Party delegates up for grabs: Sanders won 60% of the votes so he gets 60% of the delegates (15) and Clinton gets 9 because she got 38% of the vote.  A candidate must get at least 15% of the vote to get any delegates at all.   

The Democrats also have superdelegates from each state which are generally party insiders and include state and national elected officials, as well as Democratic National Committee members.  These superdelegates can vote at the convention however they like although generally go along with the majority.   NH has eight superdelegates and six of those have already said publicly they will vote for Hillary at the Democratic National Convention in July (two are uncommitted)  so the NH primary actually resulted in a 15/15 tie. 

All that is to say what GH already said but with extra boring detail.  I guess I can be a bit of wonk on this subject <-------- another word Joy had to explain to Raven today.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I had wanted to post something about today's show since I did watch, but it took me a while to think about how to put my thoughts into words... Paula and Candace's continued attempts to re-define feminism in a way that greenlights their regressive ideas of what women should and should not be allowed to do and what their place should bein the workplace, in the home, etc.--definitions which are fundamentally opposed to what feminism means--is bothering the hell out of me, especially since it's come up two days in a row. You are not feminists! Those two may have power in their lives--and choose to throw it away--but it's power former feminists helped to bring into existence. The mere fact that they can make a choice to be subservient to men is a luxury they owe to women before them, which I doubt they'd acknowledge, and their attempts to spin the world backwards seems incredibly ignorant and ungrateful. I'm sure they would have no positive things to say about the women who laid the groundwork for the lives they lead. In their eyes, someone like Gloria Steinem is probably considered an enemy of marriage, family, and--worst of all!--the saintly Donald Trump.

And as for Paula enjoying the fact that she doesn't have to make decisions... Does she not think her husband might enjoy letting go of the reigns every once in a while, too? But I guess a man who depends on someone else would be considered weak and womanly to her and Candace. Give me strength....

• Love 20

I had wanted to post something about today's show since I did watch, but it took me a while to think about how to put my thoughts into words... Paula and Candace's continued attempts to re-define feminism in a way that greenlights their regressive ideas of what women should and should not be allowed to do and what their place should bein the workplace, in the home, etc.--definitions which are fundamentally opposed to what feminism means--is bothering the hell out of me, especially since it's come up two days in a row. You are not feminists! Those two may have power in their lives--and choose to throw it away--but it's power former feminists helped to bring into existence. The mere fact that they can make a choice to be subservient to men is a luxury they owe to women before them, which I doubt they'd acknowledge, and their attempts to spin the world backwards seems incredibly ignorant and ungrateful. I'm sure they would have no positive things to say about the women who laid the groundwork for the lives they lead. In their eyes, someone like Gloria Steinem is probably considered an enemy of marriage, family, and--worst of all!--the saintly Donald Trump.

And as for Paula enjoying the fact that she doesn't have to make decisions... Does she not think her husband might enjoy letting go of the reigns every once in a while, too? But I guess a man who depends on someone else would be considered weak and womanly to her and Candace. Give me strength....

It's late here on the East coast, and I'm still awake, so I'm too tired to quote just a small portion of this, so quoted the whole thing.  And reading your comment, TheGreenKnight, I want to add, that Candace looked so pompous when she, using her fingers, pointed out, how she "has The View, her own show, Fuller House" blah, blah, and how that's proof she's not submissive in the normal, general NON-Biblical sense, I wanted to yell, yeah? I bet her husband, as her Leader, probably allows her to do such things. If he didn't and she did those things anyway, then maybe I'll believe she's not submissive! 

I'm not sure if any of that made any sense. Like I said, it's late, I's thiyed (no' a typo!) and am typing what's running through my feeble brain.  

I'm not sure what Albright said when she was endorsing Hillary was the right thing to say (I saw the clip on TDS I think it was), but I did watch Real Time With Bill Maher and Gloria was clearly making a joke. It was subtle, so no surprise the men thought she was serious. AAAAND, Gloria went back and clarified what she meant. But since that would have messed up the narrative this show and the other shows were trying to tell, of course they didn't show it.  Joy, at least, defended Glorie and said what I just did--that she was joking.

And this is sooo shallow of me, but I really wanted someone, anyone, to ask her how it feels to be Christian Bale's stepmother.

What?

• Love 7

Oh I can be way more shallow than you LOL.

I want someone to explain to me why whenever Sonny Hostin is on this show she never seems to ... how do I say this .... she never really looks all that good, let's say. But today I saw her on CNN twice and she just looks so much better. Why does she look so bad on this show and so good on CNN?

Seriously, there have been times where she walked out on stage on this show and I barely recognized her. How does she manage to look so pretty on CNN yet look so haggard on this show? Is it the company or something?

• Love 3

I've noticed that about Sunny, too (now I know -y is the proper spelling). She always looks tired or maybe without make-up? I'm not sure what it is.

I forgot to mention that I laughed and laughed when Joy made that joke about how Carly Fiorina should run as Trump's VP because he doesn't care about women and neither does she. Paula looked pissed. Glad that woman's out.

You've all already covered Paula shady way of bringing up Whoopi's non-existent leadership qualities. I wish they could've had thought bubbles during that moment. Whoopi has been very docile this week. I was able to agree with several of her comments Wednesday's show without hating myself for it. Thank you, universe.

Btw, I can't remember if it was Wednesday or Tuesday's show, but did anyone else notice how Raven managed to sideways mention both her role in Zoolander 2 and her role in Black-ish into Hot Topics? Excruciating. Then she railed on Joy for laughing at Cruz's commercial mocking Trump. Jeez--we know you talk about being civil because you know nothing about what's going on that you could actually talk about, Raven, but lay off already. I did laugh when she was going on about Mario at the end of the show though.

• Love 1

Allow me to preface this with the fact that I'm old and remember how women were treated generally when I was a child and through my teens into adulthood.  I feel like this election is creating a cleave between 2nd and 3rd wave feminism.  And the fault line is right at the difference of support between Sanders and Clinton.  I think there are a lot GenY and Millennials that may read history for understanding but cannot have a real knowing of what it meant not to be able to have a checking account, auto loan or credit card, let alone be treated with full respect and equality in the work place.  Living that, is where Madeleine Albright's (who became a divorced single mother) quote comes from.  It feels like many 3rd wave feminists don't fully comprehend what those who went before them were up against.

I was going to add to the delegate information explained so well upthread by Cosmo for our Canadian friends that Republican primary and caucuses award delegates proportionally up until the newly named "SEC Primary" and then there is a mix of winner take all and proportional delegate awards. The Republicans also have "unbound delegates" like the Democratic superdelegates.  This Wiki page isn't as straight forward as the Time Guide for the Republicans, but covers the Democratic process and includes the counts to date.

I enjoyed the Sanders interview, and now just have yesterday and today's shows, I'm looking forward to hearing Joy's take on last night's debate.

• Love 12

I'm not sure what Albright said when she was endorsing Hillary was the right thing to say (I saw the clip on TDS I think it was), but I did watch Real Time With Bill Maher and Gloria was clearly making a joke. It was subtle, so no surprise the men thought she was serious. AAAAND, Gloria went back and clarified what she meant. But since that would have messed up the narrative this show and the other shows were trying to tell, of course they didn't show it.  Joy, at least, defended Glorie and said what I just did--that she was joking.

I felt like maybe Albright was being tin-eared given the environment I outlined above, but, it looked to me that both Booker and Clinton busted out laughing in an "oh no you didn't" kind of way, laughing.  I also noticed in the coverage of it, that the gal that's covering Clinton on MSNBC was trying to make a scandal of it as she repeatedly reported on it on Saturday, but by early Sunday she was acknowledging that this is a famous quote of Albright's that she's used for a very long time.

• Love 2

Paula and Candace both say their husbands are their "leaders".  I guess they mean in every way but bringing home the bacon.  It was the same with Elisabeth.  She would talk about how Tim was the head of the household.  But once again she was the bigger breadwinner.  I wonder if these three women let their  husbands be the "leader" because those men aren't the ones providing the most financially.

Add me to the list of those just waiting for Paula or Candace's marriage to be shown to not be filled with just roses and sunshine.  If they have happy marriages great enjoy them.  But do not sit there and smugly act like your idea of marriage is so much better than everyone else's. 

• Love 12

Shut up Paula.

Seriously. Shut Up Paula.

Every word out of her mouth makes me want to check the year on my phone to make sure it's 2016. Someone needs to invent the time machine and boot her butt back to the 1950's. She belongs there more and more each day.

As to the cheating bit.. I find it interesting this is a hot topic considering what I was thinking about yesterday and her comments made me wonder about her marriage.. AGAIN. And really I try not to gossip about this, but this show is bringing it out of me. The chances of an infidelity coming out with this marriage of hers in a couple years is getting higher and higher and I'm starting to think it'll be on her side.

With that said, bad on me with talking about it. *Smacks hands*

Really liking Fridays with Joy as moderator. Michelle... not so much really. That comment she made about going to friggin fashion show to get the support of the blacks was stupid and made me roll my eyes. She offers nothing to the panel and shouldn't be there. 

• Love 3

Nextiteration said:  I think there are a lot GenY and Millennials that may read history for understanding but cannot have a real knowing of what it meant not to be able to have a checking account, auto loan or credit card, let alone be treated with full respect and equality in the work place.  Living that, is where Madeleine Albright's (who became a divorced single mother) quote comes from.  It feels like many 3rd wave feminists don't fully comprehend what those who went before them were up against.

THIS!!!  .... and if these little twits don't pay attention, that's what will gradually happen to them.  My generation (Baby Boomers) rarely got a fair shake from "the establishment".  When I was 27 & making really good money (for a girl), I went to three banks before I found one with a woman Manager who would loan me money to buy a new car (1971 Mercury Capri).  (I've been dealing with that bank every since.)  I've ALWAYS had women's backs in business & my personal life, but, unfortunately the courtesy was not returned on many occasions.  Back-stabbing seemed to be the right-of-passage then & from what I see still exists.

• Love 8

I can't believe no one's mentioned the other instance of a celebrity using MA's quote.  Tina Fey, while hosting an awards show (the Golden Globes?), made a joke about Taylor Swift.  After the show a reporter asked the humorless Swift what she thought, Swift replied with the MA quote.  The following year while co-hosting the GG's, Amy Poehler told Tina there was a special place in hell for her!  It was hysterical.

• Love 6

When Paula basically said that is what a "leader" does (which is why Meredith was the best moderator) she pointed at Whoopi as being there "leader" and Whoopi was just kind of smirking. The elephant in the room being no Whoopi doesn't usually let her opinions not be heard. If she was spoken to the other panelists would be aware so this could be Paula subtly bringing it up.

Whoopi clearly does not like Paula. Candace yes, Paula no.

Yes, I've noticed that Whoopi does like Candace better but has her moments with her too though. I wonder if it's an actress/actress thing and Paula is a journalist so no compatibility there. Paula is ABC News and Whoopi is ABC Entertainment (or she thinks she is entertaining us LOL).

• Love 2

UGH. Yes, UGH.

SHADDUP, Paula and Candace! Let's start with Paula.

No, if you are not feeling neglected, or have a yen to cheat, there is NO NEED to make sure that you don't have a lunch, drink, coffee, whatever, with a friend who is a man. Not unless you have feelings of...lust. The heart hasn't got a godamned thing to do with it. Plus, the way she kept couching "guard the heart" just gave off vibes of that she would equate her cheating, if she did, as because she's got an emotional attachment to said man. AND that she's equating temptation/cheating with being mugged. "Everyone is vulnerable"???? What horseshit.  

And also with the nudity. For someone who is so smug about her "hot" husband and "hot" sex life, she's such a fucking prude. Oh Noes!!!! I saw Jason what'shisface's PENIS! I am soooo traumatized!!!!!! All nudity should be removed! Okay, then go watch only G rated movies, sister. Not that I necessarily crave to see full frontal male nudity, and there are times when nudity is egregious just to exploit women, but it's a fact of life, and Michelle, for once, nailed it. We are such prudes, pearl clutching as if nudity is something unnatural. But only that part.  And sorry but Game of Thrones does NOT show male full frontal all the time, and I know of only ONE character who got his lopped off.  And it's your opinion that Ryan Reynolds is whatever Paula said he was. He does nothing for me, and there are soooo many much hotter actors out there: Chris Hemworth, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Tom Hiddleston, and Pierce Fucking! Brosnan, who at 60+, is MUCH hotter than Ryan wisecracking Reynolds. In my ever so humble opinion, of course!

Now onto Candace. SHUT UP, YOU! (Said in Archie Bunker's voice to meathead).  When she was talking about the FIRST BLACK WOMAN BANK PRESIDENT, for the specific portion of Black History Month, she had to go and adlib "First female of any race" which had me seeing red. THAT was not the point of you getting to speak on this piece. And WHY was she? Why couldn't Sunny do it? Or Joy?

And she looked so smug and ridiculous the way she moved her shoulders in her "cat walk." yes, CAT would be a very nice word to describe her.  And all she got from the debate was 'they wanna spend mooorrrre money! We has a deficit!!!!!' You idiot, for as long as I have been alive, this country has always been in debt/had a deficit. Stop talking as if President Obama caused us to be in one. Hell, we were in a surplus when Clinton left office. So look to your own fucking party for why we are, in what we are. And Obama has made a dent in it.  And boo hoo, that you may have to pay higher taxes. Cry me a fucking river.

Hillary is smart to embrace President Obama.  I remember how during the 2000 election cycle, Gore distanced himself from Clinton because of all the Lewinsky stuff, and it cost him.

And whyyyyyy wasn't Sunny talking to Diane about her interview tonight? UGH, fucking ABC. Because Precious Paula works for GMA Sunday? Blech. I'd rather have Sunny, who is much more smarter and doesn't cram her religious beliefs into every damned topic.

I totally fast forwarded Canace's hyping pimping her show.

Loved Joy. She's such a treasure on Fridays! It's like she's a lot more relaxed and can let loose. I dunno.

I may have more, since I'm not totally done watching.  Maybe.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 14

Newsflash. This just in.

CCB's poop smells like roses and lavender.  She's just so GOOD inside and out.  Disney bluebirds  land on her shoulder as she sings, "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" around the house as she dusts while wearing heels, a huge hoop skirt, and a string of pearls... just before she services her husband in the bedroom with smokin' rockin' hot sexy sex. 

I'll be in hell if you need me . :-) 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 20

I thought Paula did a very good job with Diane today. They are colleagues at ABC News and I thought it was a natural fit for Paula to interview Diane.

Just because we don't agree on her religious beliefs and that the man is the "leader" doesn't mean that Paula isn't good at her job. IMO

• Love 4

GHScorpiosRule, I enjoyed your post! I especially liked the part where sweet little Candace is so concerned about Democrats adding to the deficit. How come we never hear a concern about the deficit when her party rallies around expanding our military spending and embarking on more wars? How about the cost of rounding up all of the illegal immigrants and shipping them out? How about building a huge wall covering the Mexican border, even though Trump believes Mexico will generously pay for it? Yet, when liberals propose a program that will help the poor or middle class, they are blowing up the deficit? I don't believe free college is attainable, but working to make it more affordable is an admirable cause. (Of course it wouldn't enrich the military industrial complex, so conservatives hate the idea.)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 13

GHScorpiosRule if I could marry your post I would.

I really hate it when they try to play the blame game with the deficit. The deficit is never going away. And like others pointed out we actually had a surplus under Clinton and then boom its gone.

• Love 9

GHScorpiosRule and Kenz great posts!

CCB and Sunny both couldn't understand where the money would come from. Joy answered with the tax increase on the 1%. Even after she said that, I heard Sunny quietly say, but where would the money come from? I guess they don't understand how government is funded.

• Love 8

Michelle had an okay day today. I felt bad nobody else was with her in regards to nudity in film/TV. Don’t get me wrong, I do feel it’s generally unnecessary, but if the world was run on the basis of what makes Paula and Candace feel “uncomfortable”… Well, let’s just say that world would be more disturbing than the one we are living in. Besides, I’m willing to bet the truth is those two don’t dislike nudity because it makes them feel uncomfortable, but because they think it’s morally wrong (and those actors should be ashamed for destroying the moral fabric of America!).

What was up with the close-up on Candace’s tears when Diane Sawyer talked about forgiveness and God? Sheesh.

• Love 6

Im all for male nudity. Im sick of seeing totally nude females everywhere in films. And if there is a glimpse of a male, it is a 1 second grazing shot of an unattractive not well endowed man. Sorry, but that blows. Meanwhile the women are hot and surgically enhanced on top while thin and gorgeous everywhere else. Yes, Im mad. And example, I cant recall the name of the 80's movie, but some aliens come to earth and inhabit human forms. The female escapes and walks the CITY in human  hot lady form ENTIRELY NUDE. for what seemed like at least 40 minutes... front, back.. bending over -- you name it.  Then it is time for the male aliens in captivity in human form to escape and I was all ("was all" as the kids say -) I was all YEAH!. And boom all the males turned to skeleton dust.... so no nude males... cuz we cant have that.  [/rant] If you're going to exploit folks, let's stop it all the way around or at least make it equal with both genders. Let's see how the dudes feel about it. Iow, I see Michelle's point - which is a first.  

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

I did laugh when Michelle was trying to be funny...again.....so she says her funny then Paula/Sunny start talking and you can hear Michelle's voice still pushing the joke then you see camera pull back to Michelle looking at Joy who won't look at her and Michelle finally shuts up!  

I have to admit Diane Sawyer looks like she is ready to break into tears all the time but she has nice hair!

• Love 6

I did laugh when Michelle was trying to be funny...again.....so she says her funny then Paula/Sunny start talking and you can hear Michelle's voice still pushing the joke then you see camera pull back to Michelle looking at Joy who won't look at her and Michelle finally shuts up!  

I have to admit Diane Sawyer looks like she is ready to break into tears all the time but she has nice hair!

I noticed that Joy didn't look at Michelle when she was trying to be funny too. LOL

• Love 3

No but it makes her unlikable as a talk show host.

I meant the specific interview with Diane today. Paula is a good interviewer, probably the best on this show right now.

• Love 3
I noticed that Joy didn't look at Michelle when she was trying to be funny too.

I remember being super bothered by how nasty Whoopi was being to Paula a while back.  It was clear Whoopi couldn't stand her ("bitch listen!").  Now I am wondering if maybe some of the other hosts don't care for Paula either.  It does seem like sometimes Joy and Michelle in particular kind of give her the brush off just a little.  They seem to have little patience with her and her desperate attempts to funny and cool.   Paula is neither of those things, and she needs to stop trying to be. 

And if she doesn't stop bragging about her *awesome* marriage and super hot sex life, I'm gonna hurl.  Please.  People who are really that happy don't need to brag about it.  And we all know when you talk that much about how much red hot sex you're gettin' you aren't really gettin' that much.  

• Love 7