Type keyword(s) to search

Season One Talk: FFwSB

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

Of course his IQ already seemed to be at room temperature before.

Room temperature in an igloo?  I agree that the Drumpfsters weren't watching the debate.  They just repeat what they heard the other stooges say about it. 

23 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

There is plenty of proof that she didn't put on 55 pounds in a year. It was more like 15. She looked like a beauty queen the whole year she had a crown.

If you google information from 1997, you can find a CNN article that puts her weight gain at 60 pounds and a video of her working out bearing out something in that area. The target was to get her back down to 130, which would be a 12 pound gain, so 15 would have been near the end of getting back in shape.

Soooo nice to see that HRC didn't need the 20 minutes of prep (by him or Michael Moore) that Bill Maher had suggested. 

"...that blond woman..."--- what IS her name?   Sam's 'correspondents' have all  been impressive, but I think she has the potential to be the next break out star

Edited by fauxphysician
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2016 at 0:52 PM, iMonrey said:

I'm not saying the ones they showed weren't typical Trump supporters, I'm just saying it's tiresome and it's depressing and I'm sick of it.

I don't think Allana had to cherry pick from that audience either. There's a severe lack of intellectual curiosity for the people in the piece that's just galling. The woman in the hat couldn't recall Trump saying anything about policy. She couldn't even say "Well, his policy on taxes is this, and he didn't exactly say that, but when he said this in the debate, I thought that's what he meant." Just nothing.

Were the Trump fans even paying attention? In one shot from the Trump watching party, there was 1 TV airing the debate and 2 TVs showing Monday Night Football.

The Hillary fans at the Stonewall Inn were watching it raptly (as evidenced by the fact that no one would talk to the correspondent while the debate was in progress). I doubt the Trump fans were as interested/involved.

On the show this basically underscores the concept I'm trying to get at. I still don't know why the guy thought Trump won. 

Allana resembles a good friend of mine. They have similar facial expressions and sarcasm. I do like Allana's skill with the woman in the Trump hat. She just gives enough rope. 

• Love 1

So the new correspondent, the brit brunette, is Amy Hoggart, late of BBCA's Almost Royal, where she played a clueless aristo (which may be redundant?). She's got journalism genes, so maybe this is a good career pivot.

All right. I can buy that there are people who think Trump is going to win. There's no way anyone in their right mind would think he's going to win in a landslide is nuts.

"Kind of like every girl who didn't want to date you is a lesbian." Marry me, Allana.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ganesh said:

There's no way anyone in their right mind would think he's going to win in a landslide is nuts.

Not if you're going by electoral votes.

The idea of an anti-rigging "watch" was silly. Everybody knows the repeat-voters are driven around to different polling places in vans. :-)

• Love 4

I thought the Maine tie in as a warning was a wonderful story.  And perfect timing.  Seeing "Poppy" threw me at first.  Loved seeing her though.  She does wicked and winsome so well and it works well for the type of interviews like last night's and the ones I suspect to come in future episodes.  The riggers simply make me sad.  The angry Yam will throw them off a cliff if it means the slightest benefit (the 13 cent check deposit from Spy magazine comes to mind) for himself and they will sing his praises all the way to the bottom and then for a split second wonder why the pain is so intense. 

I hope they focus on PA again in the next show or so, since the same nitwits that admitted they wanted to rig voting laws to exclude any demographic that might vote Democrat are now trying to legalize voting poll watchdogs. 

• Love 4

Damn, Bee is on a roll.

She will rightfully give Oliver some real competition next year for that Emmy. Assuming the Emmy voters don't have their heads up their asses. 

And SO pleased to see Poppy Carlton! I mean er... Amy Hoggart.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I hope they focus on PA again in the next show or so, since the same nitwits that admitted they wanted to rig voting laws to exclude any demographic that might vote Democrat are now trying to legalize voting poll watchdogs.

Both sides do whatever they can. Remember the pro-Obama district four years ago that had a voter-turnout of over 100% (more votes than registered voters)? Nobody cared because everyone knows that kind of stuff is going on. It's a little foolish for Sam to suggest that it doesn't, or that a few votes won't matter (just ask Al Gore).

35 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

OK. Perhaps I picked a bad off-the-cuff example, but there are solid studies that prove election fraud, it's only the extent at issue. BTW, Snopes is not as credible as commonly believed, especially when it comes to anything political.

Can you link to one because I have yet to one, 

Not familiar with Amy but she seemed delightful so perhaps I will checkout Almost Royal. S

The clip of how the news treated the weight controversy was sobering in that it reminded me that a lot of the news has been ridiculous for a very long time.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

OK. Perhaps I picked a bad off-the-cuff example, but there are solid studies that prove election fraud, it's only the extent at issue.

I think I read once that Texas had 3 instances of voter fraud (over different elections).  That's 3 out of millions of votes.  I'm sure that made a huge difference.

1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

It's a little foolish for Sam to suggest that it doesn't, or that a few votes won't matter (just ask Al Gore).

But she said that yes it does matter.  Maybe 3 votes don't matter, but 8% of a vote can certainly matter very much.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not familiar with Amy but she seemed delightful so perhaps I will checkout Almost Royal

The early episodes were great IMO,  but it's not just Poppy.  You have Georgie too.  He's a little louder.  I thought she was perfect for this segment on SamBee.

Snopes is very honest about coming to their conclusions, because sometimes they don't come to a conclusion, you know, based on evidence.  Voter fraud is a joke, which was why it was featured in the show  Voter suppression laws are for real.  I'm glad I always vote early so I don't get suppressed. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

I think I read once that Texas had 3 instances of voter fraud (over different elections).  That's 3 out of millions of votes.  I'm sure that made a huge difference.

"Voter fraud" has been a thin euphemism used by old white people to stop black people from voting since before the poll tax. 

• Love 14

Sam is so on point that I feel like I never have anything to say after watching her because it'd just be me yelling "yaaaassss" a bunch of times. Seriously, thank goodness for Sam, because I'm not sure how I'd be staying sane this election without her show. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

Sam is so on point that I feel like I never have anything to say after watching her because it'd just be me yelling "yaaaassss" a bunch of times. Seriously, thank goodness for Sam, because I'm not sure how I'd be staying sane this election without her show. 

I wish I could be reincarnated into Sam, that isn't possible so I am just glad she is speaking for many of us!

• Love 4

Wow she was on fire this week. I'd like to know how much of her material she writes herself and how much the writers on staff are responsible for. Kudos to all of them because it's brilliant. The "vagina monologue" had me in stitches. Not to mention the law firm of Ailes, Cosby, Polanski and Gibson (and I believe they have a "friend on the court"). 

Sam is so on point that I feel like I never have anything to say after watching her because it'd just be me yelling "yaaaassss" a bunch of times. 

Seriously. It's kind of the same with John Oliver; I seldom have comments because everything has already been said for me.

• Love 8

On the show, Sam had the CNN piece with the woman deflecting about the Trump tape to implicate Clinton. I seriously wonder if these people are delusional, and if they seriously think Trump statement's can be discounted out of hand, what kind of men do they have in their lives where they think this is ok? I mean, there's not one of them that looked even remotely concerned. It's creepy. 

I also liked the 'what about the children' remark from the woman with the long hair: stop saying that word, my daughter's watching. 
Then maybe do some parenting beforehand to discuss why Trump is so vile? So it won't happen to her? I don't have kids so I'm just spitballing. 

Good analysis of Ryan et al. Great for you for calling out Trump, again. At the end of the day, though, if you're still casting that Trump vote, then it's irrelevant. I don't know how to run a political campaign, but I'm very confident the goal is to get as many votes as you can. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I seldom have comments because everything has already been said for me.

IKR, there's nothing left but favorite quotes.  Mine was Drumpf "fornicating with a chair, when you're a star, the chairs let you do it."  Although "Oh go fuck yourself" was pretty good.

Edited by atomationage
go fuck yourself
  • Love 3

Of all my favorite lines, the most favorite was referring to Ryan as a pussy the Inverted Orange Scrotum would like to grab.

While it can be cathartic, it also is just downright a fucking scary mess when Trevor, Sam and John Oliver devote almost an hour or so of actual focus on this one particular matter, have little overlap, all are brilliantly on point and there is still plenty left on the table to look at and vomit in your mouth over.  For a creature that people are still determined to stand behind or at least not stand up and declare they truly aren't.  And Ana Navarro getting her props was s true joy. 

I also cannot describe all the joy I also get with every single reminder, no matter how ancillary it seems to the main issue,  of how Ted Cruz is just as much the Inverted Orange Scrotum's little bitch when all is said and done.  Terrible timing could not have happened to a more deserving piece of shit.  If (when) he runs in 2020, that robocall is all the ad his opponent needs. 

• Love 9

If you haven't seen the announcement, there is a new forum for Off-Topic News & Politics talk. This is for the conversation that's not related to a specific show; so when in the past there's been a mod note saying to stick to the show, you can go over there to continue your respectful, civil conversation. Be sure to read the pinned mod topic at the top of the forum - personal attacks as always are not allowed there.

Same rules apply in here as always; keep it about the show, not your personal political opinion.

• Love 1

Sam had the CNN piece with the woman deflecting about the Trump tape to implicate Clinton. I seriously wonder if these people are delusional, and if they seriously think Trump statement's can be discounted out of hand, what kind of men do they have in their lives where they think this is ok? 

They're shills for the Republican party, so they're just doing their jobs by deflecting. Ana Navarro did a good job shooting down the hypocrisy of that other pundit though.

• Love 3

I learned some new words from Sam!  

Agreed that so many comedians have come up with good jokes and commentary about the Trump tapes and yet there's still new and different things to be said.  Sam did a great job taking down Paul Ryan. And kudos to all those men that can throw stones and know the difference between "sex talk" and "sexual harrasment talk" (as so aptly demonstrated by Trevor Noah), fuck yourself Guliani.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Was last night (Tuesday) a rerun of the Monday night episode? 

The first segment was the same as Monday, so I didn't finish watching, but I have it dvr'ed . 

I'm confused. 

I was too, as the two episodes had different descriptions on Tivo's program guide.  My guess is they were planning a more generic Very Special Episode for Monday since it's description sounded more generic, but Sunday night was so rich they didn't want to sit through the delay and went for it on Monday to be more current.

• Love 2

Yeah my Uverse description was like it was two different shows, but I think it was the same.

TBS, I could never get tired of "Tic Tacs + Pussy Grabbing = Thumbs Up.

"The only plan Trump has had this entire election"

• Love 3

It was the same show although it was listed in all the guides as new. Per the show's Twitter https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB:

Full Frontal ‏@FullFrontalSamB Oct 11

We're sorry to flip flop, but tonight we will not have a new episode. Instead we'll be talking about our new hotel for 22 straight minutes.

Our extra special new episode featuring Madeleine Albright will air on October 24th instead! Talk about an #OctoberSurprise!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, atomationage said:

Warning: Do Not Watch This Web Extra: Hillary's Qualifications with any food or beverage in your mouth:

Ha ha, that was great.  Also scary.   My concern:  People who are now anti-trump, still won't vote for Hilary.

• Love 1