Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: SVU in the Media

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How do we recognize and address victim blaming as a community? If you are unsure what victim-blaming is, please read more about it in this article

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

If those shitty kids are popping up as even shittier adults, and they probably will, end it now.

It depends who the executive producers are? If one of them is Leight, you know we'll be seeing a lot of them. Oh God! What if Hargitay is made one of the executive producers or even a consultant? Will her influence be detrimental to Meloni's series?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Stabler will have to have mellowed a LOT before I would even consider tuning in.

In the beginning and the first few seasons, would you say he was just a touch overly concerned? But when Leight came in and involved his family more, his strings became more taunt. And in the last couple of seasons (while there was a negotiation for more money), I thought he was turned into a burned-out cop, and that led to his retirement.

• Love 3
On 3/13/2020 at 5:02 PM, Gigi43 said:

I guess Liv can't give a speech to end the CoronaVirus. NBC is halting production on what seems like most of its line up, including SVU. Deadline says the shows are close to the end of filming for the season anyway but also the rumor is the Dick Wolf shows aren't planning to resume this season. Makes sense, if it takes a month or two to begin filming again why do it for a procedural to randomly air this summer when there's probably not a story line to wrap up. 

NBC Stops Production On 35 Shows Including All Dick Wolf Shows

I am sure she could, but it has nothing to do with Joyful Heart Foundation. She only pushes her agenda on her show.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dttruman said:

In the beginning and the first few seasons, would you say he was just a touch overly concerned? But when Leight came in and involved his family more, his strings became more taunt. And in the last couple of seasons (while there was a negotiation for more money), I thought he was turned into a burned-out cop, and that led to his retirement.

Lol- Who wouldn’t be wound as tight as a drum if Kathleen was your daughter??  

Minor correction: Leight didn’t come on board until after Meloni left.  Neal Baer was the showrunner for the majority of the Stabler years.

How awesome would it be if Stabler would have a detective/cop in his unit who was just like him.   That would pave the way for a visit from Cragen ...and Huang. 

I would expect a crossover episode or 2 (at least) with the new show.  I’m sure it is not a stretch at all that organized crime and sex trafficking, etc cross lines. So many viewers are going to want the Stabler/Benson reunion and I’m sure Meloni and Hargitay are probably going to push for it, considering they get along well together in real life.  I can picture it now: Benson whispering “why haven’t you been there for me? “.  I would enjoy seeing Fin’s reaction to seeing Stabler again.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Minor correction: Leight didn’t come on board until after Meloni left.  Neal Baer was the showrunner for the majority of the Stabler years.

My bad, I thought Leight had some kind of influence prior to him taking over the SVU series.

• Love 2

I thought Leight was some kind of consulting producer in the later years of Stabler but then took over after? They certainly tried to give him the Goren treatment with BiPolar family members. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I thought Leight was some kind of consulting producer in the later years of Stabler but then took over after? They certainly tried to give him the Goren treatment with BiPolar family members. 

I don't think that was the Goren treatment so much as trying to explain why they had gone so off the rails with his daughter (along with so much in the later Baer years). They wanted to come up with some way of handwaving everything away and not having his daughter be a bad person so they came up with BPD. It's a trick they've tried since then with varying degrees of failure.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, goldil said:

Has anybody been quoted as saying this is really happening? Like, Chris Meloni or Dick Wolf?

No, but it is on Deadline's site. And Deadline is as legit as they come for behind the scenes TV/movie industry news.

• Useful 1
On April 1, 2020 at 6:13 AM, dttruman said:

That's why I can't buy him showing up as a new squad leader after the way he left. He retired because shooting a grieving girl turned vigilante shooter to save the scumbag who killed her mother is what finally broke him. And unlike Liv, who is addicted to the drama of being the patron saint of victims, he knew enough was enough. Having him come back after that just rings false to me.

And I'm sorry but I don't want a Benson/Stabler reunion. He needs to stay far, far away from the insufferable sanctimonious character she has become.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

And I'm sorry but I don't want a Benson/Stabler reunion. He needs to stay far, far away from the insufferable sanctimonious character she has become

I think if Dick Wolf decrees it, it's going to happen. What I don't believe is that Meloni and Hargitay are really buddy-buddy. Meloni left because they didn't want to pay him, what they were paying Hargitay and they turned his character (at the end) to a less than heroic and likable persona. So I am thinking he may have an axe to grind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

That's why I can't buy him showing up as a new squad leader after the way he left. He retired because shooting a grieving girl turned vigilante shooter to save the scumbag who killed her mother is what finally broke him. And unlike Liv, who is addicted to the drama of being the patron saint of victims, he knew enough was enough. Having him come back after that just rings false to me.

And I'm sorry but I don't want a Benson/Stabler reunion. He needs to stay far, far away from the insufferable sanctimonious character she has become.

Agreed - I’m not excited about this and I think it makes no sense. Just because something can be done doesn’t mean it should be done - something which Dick Wolf and company don’t seem to get about this show. They are hell bent on dragging this show out forever and on doing stuff that doesn’t make sense with the characters. 

2 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I think if Dick Wolf decrees it, it's going to happen. What I don't believe is that Meloni and Hargitay are really buddy-buddy. Meloni left because they didn't want to pay him, what they were paying Hargitay and they turned his character (at the end) to a less than heroic and likable persona. So I am thinking he may have an axe to grind.

I think Meloni and Hargitay do get along, if Meloni was bitter at everyone involved with the show he wouldn’t still have contact with Hargitay, I know they’ve remained in touch. I’ve always thought Meloni had an axe to grind with the higher ups though after leaving because of his contract, which is why I thought we would never see Stabler again. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think Meloni and Hargitay do get along, if Meloni was bitter at everyone involved with the show he wouldn’t still have contact with Hargitay, I know they’ve remained in touch. I’ve always thought Meloni had an axe to grind with the higher ups though after leaving because of his contract, which is why I thought we would never see Stabler again. 

If I was Meloni and they gave Hargitay a big raise and not myself, turn my character into one of those retired cop characters (that Stabler & Benson use to interview for cases that was cynical and burnt out), let Hargitay turn the series into a soap opera that is mostly about her character, and to top it off, by having her character criticizing my character when talking to a new member of SVU. I would probably be holding a little grudge against somebody.

They must have offered Meloni a ton of money and a lot of creative and script control to get him back. Will Meloni be an executive producer like Hargitay for his series?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, dttruman said:

He wasn't heroic or likable for most of his run.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Stabler was fine in the early seasons for the most part - then somewhere around season 6 or 7 his anger and hot temper began to dominate the character and they started throwing in soapy drama regarding his family, and that started being what defined the character - a rageaholic who disregarded the rules and who had a boatload of family drama, and add in the horrendous writing for most of seasons 9-12 and the show just wasn’t very good when Stabler left. His departure and the change in showrunners actually gave the show a boost for a couple of seasons.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I'll grant you he won't win too many Mr Congeniality awards, but if you're chasing a rape perp down a dark alley and you see him meet up with a few of his buddies. Stabler is the kind of guy I'll take as a partner going down that alley any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Stabler is an ex marine and comes from a Catholic family so you know he comes from a strict and regimented environment. So you know he is going to have some subjective opinions on certain cases. It's when the writers involved his family, that he started to become more hypocritical and less likable to me.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Oh dear god, not the Stabler family!! Why on earth do they want to continue to shove soapy family storylines down our throats?! The only good thing about this season being cut short is that we won’t have to see Stabler’s family, at least not this season, I hope not next season either, save it for the new Stabler show and keep them off of SVU. I hate Stabler’s family about as much as I hate Rollins’ family. And I’m sick of the writers choosing to shove soapy family drama down our throats instead of trying to write good cases. This show is so far from what the L&O franchise has always been about it makes me sick.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, illdoc said:

Good grief. When I guessed last week or whenever the return was probably the ghost of Lewis, I didn't expect the show to challenge whether or not I'd prefer it to what they had in mind. For the record I would prefer the ghost of Lewis because at least it would be a ghost. I  refuse to acknowledge the Stabler kids as prominent. Not when Ken, productive member of society who helps people, gets shafted. 

The article says he troubled son, but doesn't specify which. Since the younger is old enough to cause trouble by now it would be this show to do the 'plot twist' it's the kid. They couldn't resist. The kid was named Elliot. 

Finn: We're bringing in the suspect.

Liv: Name?

Finn: Elliot Stabler!

Liv *open mouth gape*

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5
On 4/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, dttruman said:

If I was Meloni and they gave Hargitay a big raise and not myself, turn my character into one of those retired cop characters (that Stabler & Benson use to interview for cases that was cynical and burnt out), let Hargitay turn the series into a soap opera that is mostly about her character, and to top it off, by having her character criticizing my character when talking to a new member of SVU. I would probably be holding a little grudge against somebody.

But you're not him.
Here's the thing. He COULD've done it, could've told the ppl involved w the show, including his longtime screen partner and friend to fuck off (esp after THAT speech), BUT HE DIDN'T.
He took the high road, had nothing but good things to say about the show and the exposure it gave him, even after he left it. He even chose not to comment on that fucking speech, even when he definitely knew about it. So, no, I don't think he has an axe to grind, unlike you.
Let's just focus on facts instead of hypotheticals here.

P.S: If you want it, I'll send you links of interviews as evidence.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, agentp said:

But you're not him.
Here's the thing. He COULD've done it, could've told the ppl involved w the show, including his longtime screen partner and friend to fuck off (esp after THAT speech), BUT HE DIDN'T.
He took the high road, had nothing but good things to say about the show and the exposure it gave him, even after he left it. He even chose not to comment on that fucking speech, even when he definitely knew about it. So, no, I don't think he has an axe to grind, unlike you.
Let's just focus on facts instead of hypotheticals here.

P.S: If you want it, I'll send you links of interviews as evidence.

I don't know if you were paying attention or not, but my comment starts out as "If I was Meloni". I didn't say Meloni should trash everybody that stabbed him in the back.  Did I? I just said if I was put his position, I would wonder who my friends really were.

Bottom line, Meloni didn't burn any of his bridges connected with Wolf. I guess deep down, as long as SVU continued, viewers and fans would be bringing his name up for some kind of classic reunion for an episode.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, Gigi43 said:

Good grief. When I guessed last week or whenever the return was probably the ghost of Lewis, I didn't expect the show to challenge whether or not I'd prefer it to what they had in mind. For the record I would prefer the ghost of Lewis because at least it would be a ghost. I  refuse to acknowledge the Stabler kids as prominent. Not when Ken, productive member of society who helps people, gets shafted. 

The article says he troubled son, but doesn't specify which. Since the younger is old enough to cause trouble by now it would be this show to do the 'plot twist' it's the kid. They couldn't resist. The kid was named Elliot. 

Finn: We're bringing in the suspect.

Liv: Name?

Finn: Elliot Stabler!

Liv *open mouth gape*

Do the producers for Meloni's new series think that involving the family members (I.E., the detectives of the SVU) is a successful formula for any kind of police drama?  I wonder how prominent the wife and troubled son will be in the new series? I hope we don't see too much bias or favoritism on Stabler's part or any of his special squad.

Edited by dttruman
On 4/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, Gigi43 said:

For the record I would prefer the ghost of Lewis because at least it would be a ghost

I don't believe in ghost, but I would buy a long lost twin brother, who was out for revenge. Or how about triplets?

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 6:44 PM, dttruman said:

I don't believe in ghost, but I would buy a long lost twin brother, who was out for revenge. Or how about triplets?

Ghost was probably a poor choice of words. I meant Liv has a case that causes nightmares or she's interviewing a suspect and she starts to picture him. Hallucination is probably what I should have gone with but I was thinking "well it would be like he's haunting her... and us."

I already lost faith in the Stabler show.  They suck. They're apparently not going to suck less. Meloni always did well with one liners. I would be open to checking out Elliot. That family is asking too much. The Rollins' are already at my max tolerance but they want both on network? GTFO.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Ghost was probably a poor choice of words. I meant Liv has a case that causes nightmares or she's interviewing a suspect and she starts to picture him. Hallucination is probably what I should have gone with but I was thinking "well it would be like he's haunting her... and us."

I already lost faith in the Stabler show.  They suck. They're apparently not going to suck less. Meloni always did well with one liners. I would be open to checking out Elliot. That family is asking too much. The Rollins' are already at my max tolerance but they want both on network? GTFO.

I highly doubt I will watch the Stabler show, I’m not a big fan of Stabler, I loathe his family drama, and I have a feeling the show may be something like Chicago PD with everyone throwing out the rules and Stabler playing the Voight role (albeit Stabler looks like a saint compared to Voight). Besides it makes no sense that Stabler would return given how he quit after having to kill a teenage girl. Just because a show can be made doesn’t mean it should be, and I have a feeling this Stabler show will just drag the franchise down even further, it will sacrifice quality and good stories for drama and ratings. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am very much against this. If this happens, then I believe there will be an endless number of sessions with numerous shrinks that will take up important minutes from each episode. And so on...

On 4/9/2020 at 11:16 AM, dttruman said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am very much against this. If this happens, then I believe there will be an endless number of sessions with numerous shrinks that will take up important minutes from each episode. And so on...

I'm very much against it too! I was throwing out terrible scenario's I would still, at the end of the day, prefer over Stabler Spawn drama. In no way would I want it. 

I was watching some Desus and Mero (Showtime -previously Viceland- late night show) from quarantine clips and in one from last week Mero says SVU is getting him through and joked if he had a 5th kid he'd want Benson and Stabler to be godparents. Poor Finn gets no love! It's something though that Stabler hasn't been on in 9yrs and he's still the one people mention after Benson. I don't think there will ever be a Rollins' reference in pop culture. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4
On 4/8/2020 at 5:25 AM, dttruman said:

I didn't say Meloni should trash everybody that stabbed him in the back.  Did I?

*shrugs* I don't know, but I felt that you did. (Granted, I was in a pissed-off mood then and may have read your comments in the wrong way. If that's so, I'm sorry.)
Also, stop saying that it's backstabbing. We don't really know the intentions of the parties involved. I hate to say this, but maybe they're just moves to keep an already aging, and therefore, expensive show that's also already on creative cruise control then afloat? Just think about it. Maybe it's really not personal, just business?
Honestly, I'm tired of arguing. He left, but he came back. Let's leave it at that. 

Edited by agentp
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, agentp said:

(Granted, I was in a pissed-off mood then and may have read your comments in the wrong way. If that's so, I'm sorry.)

I am going to have to have that apology in writing, notarized, and sent to me by express mail. If it doesn't reach me in the next 5 minutes, I will have to declare this argument a fair draw.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I highly doubt I will watch the Stabler show, I’m not a big fan of Stabler, I loathe his family drama, and I have a feeling the show may be something like Chicago PD with everyone throwing out the rules and Stabler playing the Voight role (albeit Stabler looks like a saint compared to Voight). Besides it makes no sense that Stabler would return given how he quit after having to kill a teenage girl. Just because a show can be made doesn’t mean it should be, and I have a feeling this Stabler show will just drag the franchise down even further, it will sacrifice quality and good stories for drama and ratings. 

I'm not so sure either.  I am worried that the chemistry will fall flat since so much time has gone by.  It makes little sense to bring Elliott and Liv together again when he has barely been mentioned all of these years.  In my opinion, a reunion of Liv and Stabler would have been more believable if Meloni had made a few cameo appearances in the intervening years.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
On 4/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I highly doubt I will watch the Stabler show, I’m not a big fan of Stabler, I loathe his family drama, and I have a feeling the show may be something like Chicago PD with everyone throwing out the rules and Stabler playing the Voight role (albeit Stabler looks like a saint compared to Voight). Besides it makes no sense that Stabler would return given how he quit after having to kill a teenage girl. Just because a show can be made doesn’t mean it should be, and I have a feeling this Stabler show will just drag the franchise down even further, it will sacrifice quality and good stories for drama and ratings

I want to watch the first couple of episodes to see how they explain his so-called redemption back onto the police force and how he gets such a great promotion. Will it be something as simple as Amaro's promotion back to SVU (just because some celebrity accused him of sexual misconduct or something like that and the dashcam proved him innocent)? Or will they make it more complex and unbelievable as some of these plot lines from bad episodes?

My guess is Stabler will save some major important person and he will be offered the job.

I will freakout big time if they say that Benson pulled some strings to get Stabler the job.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I'm not so sure either.  I am worried that the chemistry will fall flat since so much time has gone by.  It makes little sense to bring Elliott and Liv together again when he has barely been mentioned all of these years.  In my opinion, a reunion of Liv and Stabler would have been more believable if Meloni had made a few cameo appearances in the intervening years.  

When they meet, will it be very awkward and emotional, or will they keep it professional? Do you think she will show up on the first episode of Meloni's series? On who's series will this reunion happen?

• Love 3

I think Stabler will appear on SVU before his show starts, just to re introduce the audience to him and set up his show. I expect Stabler to appear around the midway point of season 22. 

The truth is, I don’t think there is anyway they can do it where Stabler’s return would make sense, given that he quit due to being burned out after having to shoot a teenage girl and that he had been investigated by IAB so many times and all, I don’t see how or why he would come back, it just won’t make sense. I don’t expect the Stabler show to be very good and I don’t think I will watch it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care if Benson and Stabler interact or not. But I still remember Liv putting down their partnership and Stabler to Amaro. So I'd call BS at some happy reunion or whatever.

Yeah, that stands out to me because for me it highlighted how the show absolutely refuses to say Stabler's name. Any references were "old partner"/" him", even before that episode. I think that's why I'm still surprised this happened. Besides being friends with his acting co-stars the bridge seemed to be burned pretty bad when your character's name won't be written into the script to even put you down. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care if Benson and Stabler interact or not. But I still remember Liv putting down their partnership and Stabler to Amaro. So I'd call BS at some happy reunion or whatever.

I forgot about that! I'll bet they did too. When they meet, it will be some stupid hunky-dora reunion, because of all the interviews they are doing on these talk shows, they are telling everybody how much their characters respected each other.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Looks like there will be a Stabler - Benson reunion at the start of next season.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/svu-ep-pretty-clear-stabler-163607104.html

Very interesting. I hope to god they don’t bring Stabler’s awful family back with him, but I bet they will given how much they love soapy drama. And did you notice how it said Stabler had apparently left his family? I hope they aren’t going to go there just to please those who want a Stabler/Benson romance. But if Stabler has divorced his wife and that means we never have to see her or the awful Stabler kids again, I’m fine with that!! 

Anyway I just hope Stabler and Benson handle their reunion like mature adults and it isn’t a soapy crapfest with St Olivia crying about Stabler leaving her so suddenly - but again, given the writers love of soapy drama I’m afraid that’s what it will be. And I hope Stabler doesn’t take up too much time in season 22, I’m not a huge Stabler fan and I doubt I will watch his show. 

I wonder what Fin’s reaction will be to seeing Stabler again? And I wonder if Stabler and Carisi will interact, that would be interesting as I doubt they would like each other, but I will be furious if Carisi lets Stabler bully him around. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Very interesting. I hope to god they don’t bring Stabler’s awful family back with him, but I bet they will given how much they love soapy drama. And did you notice how it said Stabler had apparently left his family? I hope they aren’t going to go there just to please those who want a Stabler/Benson romance. But if Stabler has divorced his wife and that means we never have to see her or the awful Stabler kids again, I’m fine with that!! 

Anyway I just hope Stabler and Benson handle their reunion like mature adults and it isn’t a soapy crapfest with St Olivia crying about Stabler leaving her so suddenly - but again, given the writers love of soapy drama I’m afraid that’s what it will be. And I hope Stabler doesn’t take up too much time in season 22, I’m not a huge Stabler fan and I doubt I will watch his show. 

I wonder what Fin’s reaction will be to seeing Stabler again? And I wonder if Stabler and Carisi will interact, that would be interesting as I doubt they would like each other, but I will be furious if Carisi lets Stabler bully him around. 

I am just thinking about the logistics and the quality of the plot for the season 22 premiere. Will it be 1 or 2 hours? If it's a 2 hour premiere, that should give them enough time to develop  story lines explaining Simon's overdose death, Benson and Stabler's emotional reunion, the trial of Sir Toby, and Fin's shooting ordeal. If it's only a 1 hour premiere, then I predict it will be nothing but something so superficial, it won't be worth watching at all.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, dttruman said:

the trial of Sir Toby,

You actually think there'll be a trial? I'm assuming his latest "incident" will be a fatal heart attack and so no trial.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dttruman said:

Looks like there will be a Stabler - Benson reunion at the start of next season.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/svu-ep-pretty-clear-stabler-163607104.html

If this saves us from his spawn appearing, okay then. I do not see them doing anything other than make this some kind of soap opera fiasco.  I want Finn to not give a damn. I don't even want him to be mad at Stabler for Liv, it's not worth his time. He openly disliked him. 

Ugh. Stop trying to make fetch Simon's Death happen, show! Unlike Tucker, he added nothing. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The way I read it is that Stabler leaving his family was Leight's speculation, most likely based on one of the few things that had been decided was the Stabler was no longer married. Hopefully the writers will come up with something better and more in character like Kathy leaving him after all the mess of his last few seasons and that is what inspired him to get his act together and put him on track to lead and OC task force.

I think it will be somewhere in between. We aren't going to get a lot of Liv crying about being abandoned because Dick Wolf has mended his fences with Meloni and they are going to go full memory hole and expect us to forget that they ever threw Stabler under the bus.  No idea about how they handle Stabler's interaction with other members of the team but most likely there will be so little it won't really matter.

1 hour ago, dttruman said:

I am just thinking about the logistics and the quality of the plot for the season 22 premiere. Will it be 1 or 2 hours? If it's a 2 hour premiere, that should give them enough time to develop a story lines explaining Simon's overdose death, Benson and Stabler's emotional reunion, the trial of Sir Toby, and Fin's shooting ordeal. If it's only a 1 hour premiere, then I predict it will be nothing but something so superficial, it won't be worth watching at all.

It sounds like they might be dumping some of what was planned -

"We were just going to lay some groundwork down in anticipation of Elliot's return of course in his own series. We had the sense that the first episode of next year for SVU was going to bring Elliot back, so we were going to foreshadow that and explain a little more what happened to Simon," he continued.

Because the show had production shut down while in the middle of shooting episode 21 of the series, these plans will change in season 22. Leight said viewers may see some form of season 21's episode 23 in season 22 and the finale happenings may be reduced to just a teaser in the new season.

Hopefully they will address the aftermath of Fin's shooting, but I have a feeling that will be glossed over, but if Simon and Sir Toby get dumped too that is more than a fair trade in my book!

Personally I'm hoping they go through with this

There were also plans to tackle the relationship change between Benson and Carisi (Peter Scanavino) now that he left the squad to be the ADA for the unit. That conflict may pop up early in season 22.

It's something they really should do and if they go through with it it gives me some hope that maybe they really have gotten past the Benson worship for good and will let the ADAs actually do their job!

• Love 2

I bet they just gloss over the aftermath of Fin shooting the guy and Sir Toby’s trial, and devote most of the episode to Stabler.

I hope Stabler and Benson both behave maturely when they reunite and there isn’t much soapy drama, but I think there will be given how much the writers love soapy crap. I hope to god we don’t have to deal with the Stabler family!!

I would love for them to devote some time to the relationship between Benson/Carisi, because I would like for Carisi to have more authority and put Benson in her place occasionally, last season wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought in terms of Benson trying to boss Carisi around, for the most part their relationship changed and he acted as an ADA, not a Benson Bot, but I would like some more focus on their relationship and I wish they would have conflict on occasion - the way Benson did with Barba and Stone sometimes.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I hope Stabler and Benson both behave maturely when they reunite and there isn’t much soapy drama, but I think there will be given how much the writers love soapy crap. I hope to god we don’t have to deal with the Stabler family!!

I don't know about Benson? An insightful commentator reminded us of Benson being a little two-faced when she was working with Amaro or Rollins for the first time and was talking about her old partner. She kind of stabbed Stabler in the back.

I know it would be annoying and probably boring to watch but Benson would have every right to express deep hurt that the partner of over a decade who used to say "I'd give you a kidney" couldn't even be arsed to contact her after she was kidnapped and tortured by a serial rapist/murderer multiple well-publicized times. Like at least send an edible arrangement, bro. 

• LOL 1