Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Celebrations

• Start Topic

I watched the preview for tonight's episode #10.  Ashley said she got a message that David had asked someone out for drinks.  My question is - who did she get the message from, do they have couple friends?  did the girl in question tell Ashley?  Obviously this happened some time ago and it couldn't be because it was someone who was watching.

also, will she care now?  Does Ashley want David now that someone else might?

• Love 3

I watched the preview for tonight's episode #10.  Ashley said she got a message that David had asked someone out for drinks.  My question is - who did she get the message from, do they have couple friends?  did the girl in question tell Ashley?  Obviously this happened some time ago and it couldn't be because it was someone who was watching.

also, will she care now?  Does Ashley want David now that someone else might?

It was probably a producer that told her to amp up the drama. Does she care? No. Will she pretend to care? Definitely.

• Love 14

She doesn't give a shit and looked like she didn't give a shit. She looks  sedated as usual. Didn't raise her voice or anything. I think the producers set up the whole thing to be honest. She has do to something to earn the 50 k paycheck (allegedly) right? 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 4

There is no 50k paycheck. If she was after any money, she'd stay with him until she's finished school.

I think she simply regrets her decision to participate in this show. She's closed off, she can be very diffiult, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she's horrible or anything like that. I think under normal circumstances with no pressure she's probably even a pretty nice albeit humorless human being. With David, she has to meet at least some expectations. And that can lead to someone shutting down.

I was once in love with someone with work, at first I felt ignored, which in combination with my feelings made me shut down, than he would start questionning my shutting down with the worst timing and I would shut even more down  because I would think about what he might think of me, etc. It was much easier for me to be warm towards people I didn't like half as much as I liked him. Till this day, he probably thinks I hated  him when in truth I was just very insecure and in love. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Ashley is anywhere near being in love with David, but shutting down is not always a sign for hartred. Ashley probably just feels overwhelmed, knows she can't fulfill David's expectations (loving him back) and just shuts down. I'm pretty sure under normal circumstances she would be much warmer towards David.

• Love 4
I don't think Ashley is anywhere near being in love with David, but shutting down is not always a sign for hartred. Ashley probably just feels overwhelmed, knows she can't fulfill David's expectations (loving him back) and just shuts down. I'm pretty sure under normal circumstances she would be much warmer towards David.

I think if you took a drink every time Ashley said "it's so overwhelming" you'd be blotto in fifteen minutes, unconscious in a half hour.

• Love 9

Yeah she did not seem to care in the least? How many more weeks? I keep expecting to see her counting down the days with markings on the wall.

(50K don't buy it for a sec, not only is part of the point of these types of shows is you don't have to pay them, but is it was evern 10k they would get a much better corp of people) 

Edited by yb125

There is no 50k paycheck. If she was after any money, she'd stay with him until she's finished school.

I think she simply regrets her decision to participate in this show. She's closed off, she can be very diffiult, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she's horrible or anything like that. I think under normal circumstances with no pressure she's probably even a pretty nice albeit humorless human being. With David, she has to meet at least some expectations. And that can lead to someone shutting down.

I was once in love with someone with work, at first I felt ignored, which in combination with my feelings made me shut down, than he would start questionning my shutting down with the worst timing and I would shut even more down  because I would think about what he might think of me, etc. It was much easier for me to be warm towards people I didn't like half as much as I liked him. Till this day, he probably thinks I hated  him when in truth I was just very insecure and in love. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Ashley is anywhere near being in love with David, but shutting down is not always a sign for hartred. Ashley probably just feels overwhelmed, knows she can't fulfill David's expectations (loving him back) and just shuts down. I'm pretty sure under normal circumstances she would be much warmer towards David.

I've said something pretty similar in the last episode thread.  She's so shut down it looks like she is all about herself at this point.  I think Ashley is probably one of those highly sensitive people and the stress of being on TV, plus all the pressure from the show, David, friends, family, etc. is too much for her and overwhelming her.  But that still begs the question as to why she didn't know herself well enough to know that this might happen and not seek out a show like this.  When I was her age I would have known better than to do something like this given how I am, so I think immaturity and lack of self awareness plays a large role in this with her.  And I don't know if I can believe that she'd be any more of a human being with him if they weren't on TV.  I'm just not buying it at this point.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3

This is a strange episode title. What on earth are they celebrating??

That their nightmare with the other person is almost over

So, in other words, their inevitable divorces?

• Love 2

She doesn't give a shit and looked like she didn't give a shit. She looks  sedated as usual. Didn't raise her voice or anything. I think the producers set up the whole thing to be honest. She has do to something to earn the 50 k paycheck (allegedly) right? 

While I am not so sure on the amount of money they get (if any), she obviously doesn't give a shit at all and its a given. The previews you could hear it in her voice that it didn't matter. Most of people would that have feelings for their spouse would be yelling, crying, or some way freaking out over a woman/man texting their spouse that they didn't know. Even with this sort of marriage if she gave a care at all, even just a little, she would have some emotion about it. Not the robot like tone she has with everything. So yeah I can see this being producer driven for sure. Otherwise it would be another "I can't answer that" or "I am exhausted and overwhelmed" time with them. With his job I can imagine he has other women's numbers in his phone as well that are job related. Heck he seems the kind of guy that could be friends with the women. Unlike like Ashley that seems she can't be friends with men. 

• Love 4

While I am not so sure on the amount of money they get (if any), she obviously doesn't give a shit at all and its a given. The previews you could hear it in her voice that it didn't matter. Most of people would that have feelings for their spouse would be yelling, crying, or some way freaking out over a woman/man texting their spouse that they didn't know. Even with this sort of marriage if she gave a care at all, even just a little, she would have some emotion about it. Not the robot like tone she has with everything. So yeah I can see this being producer driven for sure. 

Her lack of emotion lets me know that she could really care less and that she was probably forced by the producers. What is the likelihood of David going to a random bar and asking a girl out while being overheard by one of Ashely's friends? I call bullshit on the whole thing

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 5

50k 5K, whatever the payout is or the power production have over her are forcing her to further engage in this charade. My point was that the whole scene looked very fake and contrived. Ashely looks extremely bored, like she would rather get her mustache waxed than actually talking about anything pertaining to their "relationship". 

• Love 8

And I don't know if I can believe that she'd be any more of a human being with him if they weren't on TV.  I'm just not buying it at this point.

That was not was I meant. As I was saying, shutting down happens even in RL situation without TV. I meant if she met David at like a party and there was no pressure for anything whatsoever.

Whether she is 'shutting down' or just being a colossal bitch, Ashley was obviously a terrible choice (by the 'experts') to participate in this show.

A very terrible choice. I wonder why the 'experts" didnt help David figure out ways of merging an introvert with an extrovert

• Love 3

Wow. Sam and Neil appear to be having a great time.  Hugs. Wow 

Meanwhile Vanessa is wearing green.  Jealous much?  Tres's feeling smothered.   That first year of marriage is hard even when you know each other well.  She's got to let him breathe.

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley.... has she never hosted a party?  The host/hostess don't get to talk to people much, they spend their time doing the food, drinks, etc.  Has she never attended a party where she didn't know too many people?  She is whiny, whiny, whiny      

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 19

Is Ashley for real? Was she raised in a bubble? David is entertaining, cooking, making drinks, socializing. Ashley whines like a five year old that she felt like a guest. All of a sudden she wants conversation with him and act like a couple? This episode was bullshit! I think the "experts" (if you want to call them that) told all of them to step it up and act like they enjoyed each other. Sam I just can't take at all. She tries to come off as intelligent the way she talks and expresses herself to Neil, but actually is like a child. I don't think she is a bank manager. She's a whacko. Neil should run for the hills. This whole episode was a farce. The only one I like is Trey. Those experts have to go.

• Love 14

Ashley seems mentally unstable.  She is not attracted to David. She doesn't want a relationship with him.  She can't even name one thing she likes about him.  He is not allowed to touch her and she hasn't made the slightest effort to get to know him.  So, it doesn't make sense or stand to reason that she would be upset after hearing he had been in contact with another woman.  I would bet good money that she didn't invite her friends to the barbecue because she doesn't plan on staying with him, so she didn't see the point. 

Vanessa seems moody and she has trust issues.  She is going to drive Tres away.   It wouldn't surprise me if Sam and Neil decide to stay together. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 13

Oh Ashley, do not even get me started. You brought this all on yourself, you little bitch. None of your friends showed up for the BBQ? I'd bet money you didn't even invite any of them. Don't whine now that you don't feel like part of a marriage when you have been isolating yourself and pushing David away since the wedding. You got exactly what you wanted!!!!!

Whew. Venting feels good.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 23

Let me get this straight - Ashley doesn't even invite any of her own friends over, then she isolates herself in other rooms while David is hosting the party all by himself including doing all the work like making food, and then it's HIS fault that she felt alone and not a part of things?  She is blaming HIM for her own inadequacy.  She is just so put out at him actually having friends and having a good time with them.  Like he should be paying attention to no one but her all evening and not even invite any friends over.  Does she even have any friends?  She is just so freaking selfish!!!  I am the introvert's introvert, but I know what to do when my husband and I throw a party.  I mingle, mingle, mingle and don't set myself apart from my spouse all evening and then blame him for us not being like a team!  Poor David having to grovel for something that's not even his fault!

And yes, Vanessa should stop watching stupid movies like "The Notebook".  That little "pocket rat" (my husband's words) is HER pet, not HIS.  In a marriage you have what's common to both of you, what's yours and what's his alone.  That dog predates him and is not attached to him 24/7 like it is to her, so it's HER thing.  Expecting him to act like it's a shared thing is way over the line especially only a few weeks into a a relationship.   Then she walks out on him totally not caring how he might feel about it?  How freaking immature, grow the F up, Vanessa and stop looking to find things wrong with the relationship!  If she ends up ruining things it will be her own fault.  Tres is not perfect and men do need to be trained but she needs to stop freaking out that every little thing is a sign of his lack of commitment.

As much as Sam revolts me I kind of hope she and Neil work out at this point.  I like it that she's becoming more positive about him and the relationship.  Plus she liked his friends.  That's all I can think of with them right now. 

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 9

Looks like I'm the only one who actually had a little sympathy for Ashley this time. Sure, David was cooking and entertaining his friends, but he wasn't cooking the entire time. He could have checked on her at least a little bit. I know how it is to be thrown into a crowd where you don't know anyone - having a friend or, in this case, the husband, give you a little support would help making you feel less awkward. So I really don't blame her for her complaints about that. And I really didn't like how David just shut her down when she wanted to talk about it. He just couldn't look at it from her side at all. I could see she just gave up then; she saw it was no use trying to talk about it anymore.

I liked Tres in this episode, and I felt very sorry for him. I do think he's trying to do his best. Though, rejecting the word "love" so quickly wasn't the best move. Vanessa really needs to get a handle on her insecurities if she doesn't want to drive him away.

Sam and Neil are getting along so much better. It's nice to see. I don't know why he sat so far away from Sam at the picnic, though.

• Love 3

stopped by to say that Ashley is a shitty, whiny, annoying person who wants to be the center of attention. David is nuts to keep acting so attracted to her. She is so sour it makes her very unattractive. All his "a smile that lights up the room"??? He is like in fantasy land all right.

His outfit at that party, that aint gonna turn on the ladies!

• Love 12

Did Ashley really not invite her friends? I didn't catch that.

Again, in her defense (I can't believe I'm defending her, but there you are), she did mingle with the guests. I didn't see her isolating herself. She talked to people while she took care of the food and the drinks - at least that's how it seemed to me. David even praised her for how well she did with his friends.

His outfit at that party, that aint gonna turn on the ladies!

He looked terrible in that pink tank top.

• Love 4

Ashley's friends didn't show up to the bbq? It's mean, but I lol'd at that. I think she's so standoffish that she doesn't have any friends. And her message to David: I want you to act like we're married unless I don't want you to act like we're married. Yeah, clear as mud girl. Good looking cake though.

Neil is looking so worn out. It's obvious that everyone in range is worried about tripping the wire that sets off the Sam powder keg. That's gotta be exhausting. Sam thinking Neil was quiet at the bbq because hes's an introvert....wow. He was obviously upset by her comments but Sam's too self absorbed to get it. Even Neil's friend pointed out that something was bothering him. How is it possible for Sam to be so clueless? The most shocking comment was when she said Neil being happy makes her happy. WTF???!!!! We haven't seen her do a single thing for him or do anything to make him happy.

The aerial gym looks fun though...I gotta try that!

Tres, take your woman out and party and dance! Have some fun with her. Sitting at home all the time is a stew pot for problems.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 9

Looks like I'm the only one who actually had a little sympathy for Ashley this time. Sure, David was cooking and entertaining his friends, but he wasn't cooking the entire time. He could have checked on her at least a little bit. I know how it is to be thrown into a crowd where you don't know anyone - having a friend or, in this case, the husband, give you a little support would help making you feel less awkward. So I really don't blame her for her complaints about that. And I really didn't like how David just shut her down when she wanted to talk about it. He just couldn't look at it from her side at all. I could see she just gave up then; she saw it was no use trying to talk about it anymore.

Yeah, it's almost like she's used the previous 5 weeks to be a standoffish bitch instead of building rapport and goodwill with her husband. If she behaved like a wife, you might have a point.

• Love 15
Again, in her defense (I can't believe I'm defending her, but there you are), she did mingle with the guests. I didn't see her isolating herself. She talked to people while she took care of the food and the drinks - at least that's how it seemed to me. David even praised her for how well she did with his friends.

I believe I heard Ashley actually say something about feeling isolated.  You're right, she wasn't isolated.  If she felt that way it was in her own head because she was determined to set herself apart from everyone at the party even if that is not what really happened.  She doesn't know how to make herself the focus of attention and as a card carrying ultra-introvert, I can tell you that this has nothing to do with introversion and everything to do with her suffering from social anxiety.  And that's just NOT David's fault nor should he be made to feel like it is, sorry.  He could be a little more sensitive to her reticence and take her by the hand, but she needs to tell him that right then and there, NOT wait until after the fact and then make the entire affair his fault like he failed her yet again.  He's not a mind reader nor can he be expected to make everything feel better for her.  She needs to get a grip, take some initiative and stop expecting everything to come to her. 

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 8

First off can I say DOGGIES!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!! Marley looks like such a sweetie and the other dog (I'm guessing the roommate's?) does as well!!

*Ahem* anyways, it was extremely immature of Vanessa to just run away like that. It's one thing if Trey did something horrible but it sounds like she was just looking for reasons to justify why she is afraid and doesn't trust him. Girl is terrified. It's interesting how she's so afraid of Trey hurting her and yet she did to Trey what she was trying to avoid him doing to her. I think he dealt with it all very well. He was trying to figure out where she was coming from and what he could do to make things better, but also stood up for himself. It sounds like he's doing a good job being a husband. Vanessa expects everything to be picture perfect right off the bat and that's just not realistic. I felt bad for her because for years when my husband and I were dating I was pretty insecure (albeit in our case a good bit of it was justified), and it took years for him to be able to mature and take on responsibility, and then for me to feel secure enough not to let little things get to me or see issues that weren't actually there. The difference is Tres is actually recognizing the qualities in a good mate and trying to emulate them, but Vanessa is making mountains out of molehills and expecting him to meet all of her ideals. If Tres feels like he can't even relax for a second then I guarantee you one day he'll eventually act out and then it will all just be a self-fulfilling prophesy for Vanessa. 

Sam and Neil did ok this episode, I guess?? I got annoyed when she was complaining aloud about Neil being 'fake' and shouting at him to 'tell the truth' (and I think he was annoyed too!). Just shut up Sam. Neil and the roommate seem to be on the same level, can he marry her instead? Though I didn't get any vibes that she'd be into him. Oh well. I did like seeing Sam doing her gym routine, it seemed to relax her too. Neil finally got the spark back in his eyes watching her do all of that. He's definitely an example of still waters running deep (as others have posted). I think he can probably be very passionate but it's not how he'd be with just anyone, there has to be a definite connection. Don't know if that could ever happen with Sam but I suppose we'll see. In the meantime it sounds like he's moving back in with her. Hey who knows, he might just get a key now! Maybe even a closet to put his stuff in? Dare to dream.

Ashley and David, WTF...... that's a hot mess right there. Ashley, when you host a party with someone you both are generally doing different things and you don't see each other much till everyone is fed and happy and things start to wind down. I'm confused as to what she actually wanted from him, and I don't think she fully knows either. Why isn't she mad at her friends who didn't even bother to show up? Like not even ONE person?? Oh and thanks FYI for leaving the whole accusation thing till the last minute and then doing a to be continued. Booooooo. I doubt David was dumb enough to go out looking for other girls while still married but maybe his ego has taken such a hit lately that he had a moment of weakness. Funny, I don't see HER leaving that gorgeous house to run back to her little apartment....

Oh and pretty sure I jumped a foot off the couch when Jamie's face was launched at us right after the episode. She's pretty but damn those glow in the dark fangs and fake spider lashes are kinda scary! 

• Love 5

Did Ashley really not invite her friends? I didn't catch that.

He looked terrible in that pink tank top.

Gah.  David: "I'm so proud of Ashley."  Such a jackhole.   paraphrase "This is what I pictured married life like - a beautiful wife and my friends".  Turd.  He's not into Ashley.  He's not good at dating.  He's just good at giving prepared soundbites.  Wish he got matched with Sam.

As always he wants Ashley to communicate unless she's saying something negative about him.  Then he argues. 

He's the biggest phony on the show.

• Love 2

Looks like I'm the only one who actually had a little sympathy for Ashley this time. Sure, David was cooking and entertaining his friends, but he wasn't cooking the entire time. He could have checked on her at least a little bit. I know how it is to be thrown into a crowd where you don't know anyone - having a friend or, in this case, the husband, give you a little support would help making you feel less awkward. So I really don't blame her for her complaints about that. And I really didn't like how David just shut her down when she wanted to talk about it. He just couldn't look at it from her side at all. I could see she just gave up then; she saw it was no use trying to talk about it anymore

First of all, he was playing host, and that's a huge job.  That person is the one that needs the support and attention, not the selfish little bitch in the corner doing nothing but feeling sorry for herself, who expects him to drop all of that just to look in on her.  Plus she needs to speak up if she needs something, not just expect him to be a mind reader.  The guy is well intended and I'm sure he would comply if he cared, but after so many weeks of this behavior and then blaming it all on him I can't blame him one bit for not wanting to look at it from "her side".  He's been putting more than 50% into this from the start and now he has to put even more?  If she would just not keep what was bothering her from him and then make it all his fault after the fact he might be willing to meet her half way.  But she won't even do that for him so why should he want to do it for her?  What a selfish little bitch, seriously.

• Love 10

Ashley and David, WTF...... that's a hot mess right there. Ashley, when you host a party with someone you both are generally doing different things and you don't see each other much till everyone is fed and happy and things start to wind down. I'm confused as to what she actually wanted from him, and I don't think she fully knows either.

You're absolutely right, when my husband and I host a party we might not even see each other for most of the evening given that we're running around in different directions taking care of everyone and mingling with guests.  Ashley wanted David's attention all focused on HER, not the guests.  She said she felt like a guest - Well, that's because she ACTED like a guest.  She didn't act like any hostess I ever saw.  She is still putting in zero effort and then blaming David for her lack of effort.  Only now he's getting a bad attitude toward her for it and I don't blame him one bit!
  • Love 6

Vanessa wasn't really upset about Tres not caring about the pup, no matter what she said. Vanessa was sick with envy over Jenna. Vanessa might understand intellectually that Tres has had gfs galore. But what she detested was that Tres invited Jenna to the party and maintains his friendship with her.

In the kitchen, V actually told J to get out, go out, under the guise of wanting J to mingle. But the truth was that V could not bear being in J's presence. V also HUNG on Tres in that scene, with her arm tightly encircling his waist. HE IS MINE! was her message to J loud and clear.

So the show stretched David/texting/other woman to ANOTHER episode?! Haha. I agree that Ashley invited no friends or actually has no friends.

Sam and Neil are a joke. If they stay together, it will be because S convinces him of the money-making opportunities in the year ahead. There will never be sex. And I would advise him to stay covered up because if she ever catches a glimpse of his penis, I am sure it will be too big/too small/too thick/too thin/ too limp/too hard, whatever. And Sam will shout her disgust from the rooftops.

Eta: I CANNOT stand how Sam and Ashley sit crosslegged, wearing short shorts, directly facing the other person, when talking to their husbands or others. I just hate it.

Jamie and her bleached fangs and her peekaboo leggings and her AMAZED expressions?! Oh God.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 7

1.  Sam and Neil - i felt so bad for Neil when Sam was yelling fake.  it was obvious that he was a little upset, even his friend noticed.  But since Sam says if Neils happy she is happy, she obviously must be talking about another Neil. And Sam won  , they will be staying in her townhouse

2.  Vanessa and Tres - Vanessa is so afraid of abandonment that she actually abandons someone who has been abandoned by his parents????  She is hanging all over Tres when his friend girl shows up.  Then during the Jamie interview she states that she wanted to get to know this girl and find out more about Tres.  Starting to see why she was unable to stay in a relationship

3.  David and Ashley - First she wants him to leave her alone, when he does she gets upset.  They were hosting a party.  As mentioned above, hosts usually work the room.  Someone mentioned he should hold her hand.  He cant, he has been told not to approach her or touch her.  Then she wants to talk about her feelings.  He has spent the last 4 weeks having a one sided conversation, he probably forgot how to do it.  he should have listened etc, but who knows.  He explained that more people showed up than invited, she could have called her friends to remind them to come over, even if it was just to help her.  She says she loves to bake!!!  that was canned icing.

I agree, they have been milking the other woman segment since the beginning. At least she got angry and started to tell him off.  First sign of emotion.

Edited by stuckin60s
  • Love 8

I do not believe Ashley bothered to invite anyone to "their" party.  It was clear that the 4th of July party was ordered by production for the three couples, and she put her usual effort into the assignment.  When they were pretend making their bed at the beginning of the ep, she asked, "So who's coming to this?"  Then she gave a big TH about how she knows nothing about party planning but was making the cake as "a gesture, to show I am trying."  So that's her effort, as a "part of a married couple", towards their party.  (David gave her credit on camera for the strawberry vodka idea, but it looked to me like he was doing that too.)

Once the party started, David did all the work while she stood around, and then she complained afterward that she didn't feel like part of a married couple.  You don't have to be a huge party planner to invite some friends and throw together a side dish or two! Furthermore, IMO if David HAD hung around, she would have responded with, "I couldn't even get to know his friends because he was always there, trying to take over.  I was just overwhelmed.  It would have been nice for him to give me some space."

If you watched the bit afterwards where they were talking to Jamie, David told her that he was so excited; they had had a great night; he thought that they had finally had a win!  So hearing her complain immediately following the party just dropped him back into the real world with a thud.  (He didn't say that last sentence - but I am saying it :)

Also in that segment - both Jamie and Sam blabbed about Ashley missing him at the party must mean that she cares.  Ha!  Ladies, put down the wine.  It just means she's got something new to bitch about - and she can finally make one look like his fault!

Lastly, for all that she stares at him blankly any time he tries to initiate a conversation, and can't think of three nice things to say to his face, she's quick and verbose enough when it's time to tell him he didn't behave to her liking at the party, or the asking out another girl thing.  (which I am calling bullshit on right now, so I don't care about it anyway)

Sam - ugh.

• Love 16

I'm sorry but I just don't think Vanessa is ready for marriage.  She needs to work out her insecurity issues first or else she's going to make some poor guy like Tres's life a living nightmare.  She says she doesn't believe men and women can just be friends.  Well, she is WRONG and she needs to get out more to see how it's possible.  It just shows how isolated she is from reality.  Good for Tres for not hiding his friendship with Jenna.  I'd be more worried if a guy tried to hide the friendship.  Vanessa really needs to grow up, her mentality is like a 10 year old when it comes to this stuff.  I fear that she is going to ruin any chance of things working out between them.  Tres may have his issues too but hers are looking more toxic to the short-term future of the relationship at this point.

• Love 13

Ah, cooking out with The Dashlies, The Samsoneil's, and Jennessa.

Please tell me Ashley has been producer driven to pout about not feeling like a couple at the cookout and caring that her hubby wants to drown his disappointment with some drinks and a woman who may actually care to listen to him. Otherwise, I must conclude that shereally is as dilusional as I thought.

Vanessa, you could have been a little more confident as you claimed to be in your TH about your man inviting Jenna who, yes, obviously just came through to review you. Instead of getting visibly insecure in front of everyone by waving her off to go outside (i.e., Get The Hell Out Of My House!). Don't blame Tres' lack of love for your dog when you know the elephant in the room was your jealousy over Jenna! Was Tres trying to let you know he has pretty girlfriends on hold and he's not all that desperate to meet your every expectation? Whatever the case, you could have rose above it and let him know after the party that it bothered you and what your views are on friends of the opposite sex. Let him know where your lines are without a stank attitude, girl. Own it! without making it be about him not behaving the way you want him to. You're a beautiful girl with potential but you've got more growing to do that's all. For now, I guess a handshake and a giggle will do.

I think Neil would have made a much better match with Sam's roommate Sammie.

• Love 6

Wow what does it say for the other couples that I felt the most positive about Sam and Neil this episode? Kinda scary! Vanessa, you are going to have Tres running for the hills with the insecurity, demands, and off and on moods. And I also noticed her practically marking her territory on Tres when she met his female friend. Her simmering jealousy was pretty much palpable! Like fake smiling with clenched teeth, etc. Yikes. Ashely and David....what a mess. Ashley is a piece of work but David's gushing about her is just delusional now. Those two are Totally dysfunctional on so many levels . Also I was PISSED they are dragging textgate into yet another week! Ugh. I bet it turns out to be nothing. Also I get this weird vibe from David that he is acting; especially when he is supposed to be sad or angry not necessarily about Ashley (like the whole Father's Day thing) something about it just lacks sincerity to me. Maybe because it's producer driven? Dunno but it feels "off" for sure to me. Whole lot of crazy with some of these people, though, that's for sure.

Edited to say that I totally agree with sleekandchic about Ashely and Sam and their short shorts and sitting with legs akimbo in them. It's so off putting. and icky. Also my phone just autocorrected "Ashley" to "Absent"

Edited by Leanne
  • Love 5

Re Ashley, I get your points, but I don't think what she wanted was for him to hang around her the whole time and hold her hand. And yes, when you throw a party, you mingle, but these people were all total strangers to her, so it's not the same as having a party with people you know. Especially not for someone who's not an extrovert. I think just coming by a couple of times and being next to her for a few minutes or something would have been a nice gesture from David. I know I would do that for a friend or a family member, and my husband would do that for me if we hosted a party with a bunch of his friends that I had never met before.

• Love 3

Sunnyside, I agree with everything in your post, except the last paragraph.

Neil needs to run from Sam/Sammeeville. However, I wouldn't mind a Neil/Marley friendship. That dog loves the man.

LOL, yeah, I re-read my post and thought, yeah right, only if Sam was shipped to another country, like for ever. Neil just needs to RUN as fast as he can.

I feel for these pets living like products of divorce already.

• Love 2

Re Ashley, I get your points, but I don't think what she wanted was for him to hang around her the whole time and hold her hand. And yes, when you throw a party, you mingle, but these people were all total strangers to her, so it's not the same as having a party with people you know. Especially not for someone who's not an extrovert. I think just coming by a couple of times and being next to her for a few minutes or something would have been a nice gesture from David. I know I would do that for a friend or a family member, and my husband would do that for me if we hosted a party with a bunch of his friends that I had never met before.

There were only strangers to her cuz her friends didn't show up (or she didn't invite any). Not David's fault.

Also, David was told to back off and give her space. She could've gone out to the grill and hang with him for a bit. She isolated herself then blamed it on David.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 10