Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions about Music

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

On 11/30/2023 at 11:58 AM, proserpina65 said:

The Weezer cover of Toto's Africa sucks.  Sure, the original is kitschy as hell but it's also charming and enjoyable in a low-key way.  Weezer's cover is overproduced and oversynthesized and takes all the charm out of the song.

I also think that it showcases that Rivers Cuomo isn't a very good singer.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I never liked the Wu Tang Clan.  Although Ol Dirty Bastard was quite a character.

If was ironic most kids I went too high school with (suburban and white) loved them.  They used to have Wu Wear clothes as well 

From what I remember about the few fans of that band I've encountered over time, yeah, that definitely counts as an unpopular opinion :p. 

I actually would probably agree with you, though :D. 

(edited)
On 10/12/2023 at 4:25 PM, kathyk2 said:

The Beatles are better than the Rolling Stones.

Don't think that's an unpopular opinion. In many music debates, you'll see The Beatles are frequently considered the better band.

I mean, it's wrong, but it's not unpopular. 😁

Edited by WritinMan
  • Like 1

OK, I don't know if this is actually unpopular but I can't think of anywhere to put this so here goes:

When I first heard about '2 Live Crew', I thought it was connected to one of 😄my home city's local station's evening news programs.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/22/2024 at 10:17 PM, BlueSkies said:

I never liked the Wu Tang Clan.  Although Ol Dirty Bastard was quite a character.

If was ironic most kids I went too high school with (suburban and white) loved them.  They used to have Wu Wear clothes as well 

I never liked them but never made much an effort.  

One of these days I'll listen to their albums.  

On 2/23/2024 at 7:27 PM, Enigma X said:

I a huge fan of Linkin Park and like both sounds. This is really the unpopular music opinon.

I just borrowed a couple of their cds from a friend.  The first two albums have a bit too much angry screaming for my taste, although there was a point in my life when I would've been into that, but I loved Minutes to Midnight enough to acquire my own copy.

My unpopular opinion: I don't particularly like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones other than some songs here and there.  Give me the Kinks and the Who over them any day.

• Like 2
On 6/14/2024 at 7:56 PM, proserpina65 said:

I just borrowed a couple of their cds from a friend.  The first two albums have a bit too much angry screaming for my taste, although there was a point in my life when I would've been into that, but I loved Minutes to Midnight enough to acquire my own copy.

My unpopular opinion: I don't particularly like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones other than some songs here and there.  Give me the Kinks and the Who over them any day.

IMO, Stones only got good after the 90s. Aside the obvious go to songs, I really don't see the appeal of their classic works.

There seems to be a lot of online discourse about Taylor Swift and especially her latest album, with people either loving every second of it and relating to it so much, or tearing it all down and hating on her.

I guess my unpopular opinion is that I just don't care. I liked some of her songs and probably wouldn't recognize most of the others. But to get so popular in today's climate, she must be doing something right, so good for her I guess.

• Like 4
On 11/30/2023 at 1:58 PM, proserpina65 said:

The Weezer cover of Toto's Africa sucks.  Sure, the original is kitschy as hell but it's also charming and enjoyable in a low-key way.  Weezer's cover is overproduced and oversynthesized and takes all the charm out of the song.

I liked their cover of Take On Me and the video they put out for it. It was the only cover from their album of them that I've never minded hearing more than once. I still can't believe they actually tried covering No Scrubs by TLC.

• Applause 1

I liked some of U2's songs in the 90's. Well I liked It's A Beautiful Day which came out in 2000. I've never liked them enough to purchase any of their albums. In the late 90's I started to dislike them and still do. Even though I haven't watched South Park for years I still remember the episode they did about Bono. 

• Applause 2
On 6/20/2024 at 1:07 PM, Jaded said:

I liked some of U2's songs in the 90's. Well I liked It's A Beautiful Day which came out in 2000. I've never liked them enough to purchase any of their albums. In the late 90's I started to dislike them and still do. Even though I haven't watched South Park for years I still remember the episode they did about Bono. 

Is that the one where he created the biggest turd? 😅