Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Kyle Jason

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I agree.  I don't go on Twitter or Facebook.  Are people really dragging his kids into it or is the wife exaggerating their victim status?  

I do think part of the blame falls on Kyle.  He signed up and he's playing the villain role and should know how that is going to reflect on his whole family.   He's said he wants to play like Russell, only more ruthless.  I think it's laughable that he thinks no one has ever played this game "the way it's supposed to be played and won" and he's going to.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215169/

I never checked his the CBS Bio before so this is the first time I've read of trying to emulate Hantz:

Kyle likens himself to one notorious figure from Survivor history: the villainous Russell Hantz. He says this is because "he is the only person that has ever truly played the game the way you should.

Um, does this dimbulb know Hantz didn't win the game in either of his two seasons? He should be ok being a runner-up then. I guess it's such a tragedy that the only person ever, in 31 seasons, who knows how to play the game never won. Shame on Parvati, Boston Rob, Kim Spradlin, etc., for not knowing how to play the game and winning anyway.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 9

I think the 2 1/2 Neanderthal's anger is rooted in the fact that they voted out two physically strong players, and kept the weaker choice. That's on them. They held the power. But rather than accepting they screwed their tribe, they took it out on Alecia. Stomping around and pounding their chests - she's going home this time!!!!! What a bunch of knuckle draggers.

• Love 9

No I never said it was ok to screw with his kids, just that it comes with the territory of what he's done. If it came out that way, then I apologize but that's not what I meant.

I've always said that with Kyle having kids, I never understood how he could have attacked Alecia as he had done. I thought he would have more empathy dealing with a younger person. After all, Alecia is also someone else's daughter.

And as far as I know, I don't see people attacking his kids. So to Winston9-DT3, yes, I guess there's also an exaggeration of their victim status there. I see people asking why he could act like that since he has kids. Same thing to his wife. But I've never seen anyone bully his kids directly, but I don't see and know everything obviously.

It's also entirely possible nobody has said shit to the kids, but his wife deliberately chose to expand and (mis-)represent the range of attacks as being the entire family to garner otherwise-unjustifiable support.

• Love 3

Kyle made himself into the player he is, the one we are currently talking about, from day one when he refused to learn the real name of one of his tribe members.  Then he proceeded to make fun of her on every occasion he could.  Meanwhile, she made fire and found an idol clue...while he sat around proclaiming that she couldn't do anything.  I'm sure this drove him crazy - how dare this small, brainless, nameless person do the things Kyle said she couldn't do?!  Not only that, but she didn't break down and cry in the face of his taunting.  Aren't these the very same qualities Kyle said he wants his own daughters to have?  He said he wants his daughters to grow up strong and self-sufficient and not need their dad to help them through life.   Kyle - meet Alecia, the embodiment of what you say you want for your own daughters.

But the thing is, when confronted by a strong woman, he did his best to break her down.  To me, that's despicable behavior on his part.  I want him gone and gone soon.  Do NOT make it to Final Three where we can hear him try and justify his disgusting behavior, and win whatever amount of $$ he might win by going that far.  I don't want to hear Probst blather on with him and ask him if he was "misunderstood" by the "people on the street."  I don't want to see his face on the jury, either.  I sincerely hope that after the merge, Scot or Cydney sell him out and he's voted out because he's got an idol.

Wow, that's a lot of rage for a Monday morning.  Carry on.

• Love 10

I can't help but see the irony in all this with Kyle showing us on Twitter that he voted for Trump.  Because Trump has said, of "the terrorists," that the most effective way to go after them is to go after their families.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 3

I wonder if Kyle has one of those complexes where he wants to bully first and show that he's not afraid to attack, and nothing anyone can throw back at him will hurt his precious feelings (which his wife is doing a bad job of on twitter).  

Or he's just an ass looking for camera time because he wants to be asked back.  I guess it could be either one.

• Love 3

but because, earlier on, despite all his "Blondie"/no-need-to-know-her-name comments, when Alecia finally got the fire going, he stood up behing her, held her, and mock-said to the rest of the tribe "you're welcome", which at least showed he knew Alecia should have gotten a thank-you that hadn't come. 

Eh, I can't even give him that one since he took over the fire building after Alecia got her "embryo" and was the one who got the roaring fire going, so I saw that as him demanding a thank you for himself (and Alecia by extension, but had it been all her doing with no help from him, I highly doubt he would have done the same thing.) 

I've always said that with Kyle having kids, I never understood how he could have attacked Alecia as he had done. I thought he would have more empathy dealing with a younger person. After all, Alecia is also someone else's daughter.

Yes, I imagine if someone assigned one of his daughters a derisive nickname rather than using her actual name, he would have a serious problem with it. (Not that Blondie is that bad on its face, but the implication behind was clearly negative and the refusal to use her name is a dick move.) 

Like the bad miscalculation former d-bags like Dan Foley made regarding the way they envisioned they'd come across, I think he really expected that his edit was going to be more of the "scary looking bounty hunter is a teddy bear at heart" variety and wasn't prepared for people's response to him as he's being presented. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 6

I wonder if Kyle has one of those complexes where he wants to bully first and show that he's not afraid to attack, and nothing anyone can throw back at him will hurt his precious feelings (which his wife is doing a bad job of on twitter).  

Or he's just an ass looking for camera time because he wants to be asked back.  I guess it could be either one.

Worked for Russell.  And Colton.

• Love 2

Kyle made himself into the player he is, the one we are currently talking about, from day one when he refused to learn the real name of one of his tribe members.  

Yes, I imagine if someone assigned one of his daughters a derisive nickname rather than using her actual name, he would have a serious problem with it. (Not that Blondie is that bad on its face, but the implication behind was clearly negative and the refusal to use her name is a dick move.) 

Not to say there aren't plenty of flaming bags of crap to be laid at Bounty's doorstep - there are - but in truth, I have more than a little trouble busting his chops on the nickname subject. Partly because he may simply have a problem with retaining names in his memory.

I say this because I have such a problem. Remembering facts both relevant and trivial, not a problem. Remembering numbers, a good bit above average. But names...?

I learned a long while back my memory simply has a problem with personal names. A person can tell me their phone number once, and I'm likely to recall it days or weeks later without writing it down - but it's been a source of constant personal (and sometimes professional) embarrassment that I can be introduced to a person, engage them in conversation, and fifteen minutes into the convo realize I've already forgotten their name. My brain simply doesn't attach a name to a face unless I use that person's name constantly for 2-3 weeks running, and basically wear a rut in my memory deep enough for that name to stick - and even after that, I'll lose it again if I go a week without talking to them. Gave me hell back in my college dating days - I could remember a girl's face and her phone number, but not remember the name which went with it. Ever try to call up and get a second date under those circumstances? Trust me, it ain't easy. :P

It's true that may not be the case with Bounty, and he's simply doing it as a demeaning slam - although I don't see nicknaming the only blond person on the Tribe "Blondie" as that much of a slam. But there's enough other stuff to bang on him about, so I'm personally inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one thing. YMMV

• Love 3

It's true that may not be the case with Bounty, and he's simply doing it as a demeaning slam - although I don't see nicknaming the only blond person on the Tribe "Blondie" as that much of a slam. But there's enough other stuff to bang on him about, so I'm personally inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one thing. YMMV

Probst asked him point blank about the Blondie thing when he first started saying it and I'm pretty sure he responded (with a shit-eating grin on his face) that it was deliberate. 

Also, on a tribe with just 5 others and in a scenario where Probst is calling them out by name at TC over and over, I can't buy that his brain just couldn't happen to retain the name of the one and only tribemate that he didn't like. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 9

Not to say there aren't plenty of flaming bags of crap to be laid at Bounty's doorstep - there are - but in truth, I have more than a little trouble busting his chops on the nickname subject. Partly because he may simply have a problem with retaining names in his memory.

I say this because I have such a problem. Remembering facts both relevant and trivial, not a problem. Remembering numbers, a good bit above average. But names...?

I learned a long while back my memory simply has a problem with personal names. A person can tell me their phone number once, and I'm likely to recall it days or weeks later without writing it down - but it's been a source of constant personal (and sometimes professional) embarrassment that I can be introduced to a person, engage them in conversation, and fifteen minutes into the convo realize I've already forgotten their name. My brain simply doesn't attach a name to a face unless I use that person's name constantly for 2-3 weeks running, and basically wear a rut in my memory deep enough for that name to stick - and even after that, I'll lose it again if I go a week without talking to them. Gave me hell back in my college dating days - I could remember a girl's face and her phone number, but not remember the name which went with it. Ever try to call up and get a second date under those circumstances? Trust me, it ain't easy. :P

Nah, he was able to remember all the other names of his five tribemates. Plus during first tribal, he said something to the effect of not needing to know Alecia's name. 

• Love 5

Nah, he was able to remember all the other names of his five tribemates. Plus during first tribal, he said something to the effect of not needing to know Alecia's name. 

Exactly.  This isn't a semi-charming forgetfulness, as when Philip called Francesca "Franqueska," et al.  Kyle decided that Alecia wasn't enough of an entity for him to bother with her actual name.

• Love 2

Speculation on the edit can come up with a billion scenario's.  Doesn't sound like he has much money and has to work hard for it, has served in

IQ and AF and has a child with a disability.  Then there is Alecia who has a rich Daddy, talking about walking with tigers etc which is all Daddy

paid for travel as well as Daddy paid for pre survivor survival training - with some survival guy who taught her to make fire.  (but still took her 5 hours)

Then she is constantly talking about what tryer she is and how blah blah blah.  I can see where someone would get sarcastic. 

Daddy paid for pre survivor survival training - with some survival guy who taught her to make fire.  (but still took her 5 hours)

But she's still the one who was able to make fire, no? The other four tribemates who look more like the "brawny" type were napping in the shelter. NBA Champion apparently spent only 15 minutes trying to make fire and went napping. Teamwork, everyone!!!

Plus Alecia has said that the reason it was hard to make fire was because it rained hard the night before and everything was damp and wet. 

I know there's an edit and I'm sure Alecia have said some annoying things, but really, there's no villain edit if there is no villain edit to be made in the first place. Plus, that only means he's not the winner this season. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 7

Doesn't sound like he has much money and has to work hard for it, has served in IQ and AF and has a child with a disability. 

Yep, and he's still an asshole. I don't give a fuck if he's out there trying to actually cure autism, he's still a dick who seems to have a sexist attitude and I don't respect him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

There are plenty of men who say rude and condescending things to women, yet are raising daughters themselves.  Similarly, Dan wept over the deep love he felt for his wife, yet that didn't make him treat Shirin any better. 

Many people go through life with cognizant dissonance, yet are never called out on it.*  Bounty actually managed to use his daughters as his reason for treating Alecia poorly.

*I recently made a comment on one of the newsmagazine threads.  It was in response to an utterly despicable man who killed another man "just to watch him die" (tm Johnny Cash).  I made a crack implying I found the thought that he now has many boyfriends pleasing.  A fellow poster took me task for making light of male rape.  After being initially defensive, I remembered that I can be found on the American Crime threads, furiously pointing out that male rape isn't taken as seriously as female rape.  So I'm just as guilty as anyone, I guess. 

• Love 3

Foley and Cupcake didn't get their testosterone levels up with Rodney or Scot; they intentionally targeted the least intimidating and most isolated individuals on their tribes.  I believe they deserve every bit of abuse they get for being terrible people. 

I have a 9 y/o daughter who watches this show with me.  She knows that if anyone ever speaks to her the way Alecia's been spoken to, they aren't worth shit and they are only doing it because they're unhappy in their own lives. 

• Love 10

My daughter is a teen and I have to tell her that when others are trying to bring her down, it's because they are unhappy themselves.  Good for you, Drogo, it's never too early to teach this lesson.

I think that's why Bounty makes me see red.  I picture Alecia as a daughter figure and I am angry on her behalf, having to put up with Bounty and Bench and their pathetic attempts to break her.

• Love 7

Foley and Cupcake didn't get their testosterone levels up with Rodney or Scot; they intentionally targeted the least intimidating and most isolated individuals on their tribes.  I believe they deserve every bit of abuse they get for being terrible people. 

I brought my brother and his male friend onto a baseball team run by a bunch of other males (I'm female.)

Those "other males" told me that were shocked to see how "huge" my brother and his friend were when they arrived on Day 1.

Sometimes my brother and his friend would show up to the games a bit late, and guess who the other guys screamed at about it while they were waiting?  Me.  And when my brother and his friend would show up, they were incredibly silent.  Or, slapping their backs and acting like good time buddies.  

I didn't get it immediately but I certainly did after.  They attacked me because to them I'm just a woman, therefore small and weak.  You could place a million dollar bet that they would never bring up the punctuality issue with the big, tall men who actually had it.  It was horrifying and fascinating.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Well, the man likes to share his food with everyone!

Well, Bounty is a parent - perhaps he considers everyone else his children and he's attempting to feed them pre-chewed food, just like a momma bird does her baby chicks....

No, not really.

• Love 2

Bounty was quiet during the last couple of episodes, and I briefly thought maybe, just MAYBE, he did get a really crappy edit.

Then he opened his mouth last night and talked about stuffing geeks into lockers.  Seriously, this guy is horrible.

Cydney - please, girl, work some magic and make him disappear.

• Love 5

He's so gross looking. Of course, he would use the bully theme about pushing people in lockers. I am curious to see how the idol is played by him. He either plays it and it votes someone else out, he gets voted out with it in his pocket or he never uses it and goes far. So many ways it could play out. Although, it seems like Scot is more the owner of it than Jason which is interesting.

• Love 2

It's so funny to me how in 2016 there are people who still see high school as like a fantasy from Grease or Happy Days or something, with jocks, nerds, and cheerleaders.  Man, that's mega-sad.  I went to a Canadian high school where there's no such thing as football or cheerleaders (I'm sure football is big in some parts of Canada, lol (!?!?!?!)) but whenever people still talk like that it makes me laugh.  I think since the invention of the internet happened you don't really call a smart person a nerd anymore unless you're being cutely ironic. 

I mean I know that he was "kidding" (?) but he's just so fucking stupid.

• Love 6
(edited)

The beginning of the episode was pretty funny. Cydney is explaining to us that Neil has a huge idol-shaped bulge in his pocket and we see him walking around with this bulge. However, Cydney is shown speaking in hushed tones to Bounty while Neil is a few feet away from them. Bounty does not get it.

Bounty: "Which pocket?"

Cydney: "The left."

Us: The one with the huge thing in it, you idiot!

Bounty: "In his cargo?"

Us: No, his shirt pocket! Of course his cargo shorts! Jeezus! You've seen an idol! 

I hope they dubbed that conversation from sometime when Neil wasn't walking right in front of them.

Then we have a TH where Bounty explains why he thinks it looks so much like an idol...cuz he's seen one! 

Edited by scowl
  • Love 5

I really hope Cydney takes out Jason. That would be great. Of course, they show scenes for next week showing they are having a disagreement. Which means nothing will come of it. LOL!!!

• Love 3

Oh great, in the comments Joe Anglim agreed with another follower that it was so funny when Scot doused the fire.  Unless that's a fake Joe account, I'm not so much a fan any more!

OK, folks, here's a closer-up look at the baffling back tattoo of Jason.  (Along with a new tattoo he has evidently bought with his daughter's therapy money.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BENNenmFpaQrG0haMT1xFqTKFAqP3UCsZ1-5_g0/

Is it any less baffling?!?!  I still have no idea what is on the left... A woman winking while being strangled by a tree?

That's the one I've been referring to as Granny Cthulhu.

STILL can't tell what it is - a tree growing around a woman with snakes in her hair?

Whoever designed this needs to either (a) be flayed alive, or (b) quit bogarting and pass that dutchie to the left-hand side.

• Love 6

And why get a brand new tattoo when there's one that has clearly been abandoned like an inch away?

I think the woman growing in symbiosis with the tree is actually riding atop Granny Cthulhu (who is outside of this frame).

• Love 2

Oh great, in the comments Joe Anglim agreed with another follower that it was so funny when Scot doused the fire. Unless that's a fake Joe account, I'm not so much a fan any more!

It's a Joe fan page. ;)

• Love 2

That's the one I've been referring to as Granny Cthulhu.

STILL can't tell what it is - a tree growing around a woman with snakes in her hair?

Whoever designed this needs to either (a) be flayed alive, or (b) quit bogarting and pass that dutchie to the left-hand side.

+++++++++++10000000.

It looks for all the world like the tattoo "artist" (and I use that term loosely) started out tattooing winkingwomanbeingstrangledbytree/Granny Cthulhu on the right, then gave up and started over on the left.  I wonder how Bounty explains these horrifying images to his little girls.  Because I am a grown-up and that freakish tree-woman could be the stuff of nightmares.

• Love 3

+++++++++++10000000.

It looks for all the world like the tattoo "artist" (and I use that term loosely) started out tattooing winkingwomanbeingstrangledbytree/Granny Cthulhu on the right, then gave up and started over on the left.  I wonder how Bounty explains these horrifying images to his little girls.  Because I am a grown-up and that freakish tree-woman could be the stuff of nightmares.

Well, he is raising them to be tough, you know (the anti-Alecia).  Evidently, this includes referring to them as "bitches" on Twitter.

• Love 2

I am at a loss for words. Truly. These people are disgusting. I feel so bad for their children.

(Along with a new tattoo he has evidently bought with his daughter's therapy money.)

This sent me into a laughing frenzy!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4