Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Debbie Wanner

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Debbie rescues Boston terriers in her spare time. Not sure why that particular breed.

Oh and since the mascot for BU is a Boston Terrier expect Debbie to mention this next week when she meets Julia.

EDIT: she also rescues tortoises as well according to her bio.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 3

Didn't she also say something about animal rescue?  It is so hard to keep track of all her "accomplishments".

She did, as well as something about soccer.  Pretty sure she was a goalkeeper for the USA Women's soccer team.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3

I know that we are poking a lot of fun about Debbie's background, but I imagine that many of us who have been on earth for a while, could probably have a list of many things that they have done as well. As I was tallying up the things I have done, they could certainly come across as wacky as Debbie's. For instance, I have done all of the following in my lifetime:

Worked at McDonald's

Performed as a dancer for a bottling company's campaign

Was an art model

Been on TV commercials and radio commercials

Worked as a DJ at a professional radio station. DJ'd in a foreign country.

Worked for and met several famous celebrities 

Worked as a personal trainer/exercise instructor, five certifications

Lived in several foreign countries. 

Have a BA, Master's degree & almost PhD

Run several businesses. Ran a group of businesses that grossed over 3+ million

Worked as a counselor in a psychiatric settings.

Worked at several colleges and universities as an instructor and counselor

Licensed as a teacher in multiple disciplines

Professional voice-over actor

Writer and playwright

Amateur Photography

Fashion merchandiser

Fronted a heavy metal band

Create graphic layouts for a business

Without context it can really seem outrageous that a person could do all of these things, but in reality that is my life spread over 35 years or so. Many people have a lot of interests or cannot decide and may "try on" different careers and then move on. I know that I did in several occupations. But taken as one shot, it seems like a lot and quite possibly unbelievable.  What we don't know is how long Debbie did some of the things that she has talked about. Some of my personal experiences were in college or a small part of my life. Sure, I was a "model" for the photography students who needed people to model for them for their class work. Taken out of context people would go what? A model?  But in reality it was just a short thing & I got paid. So, I was a "model".  I am enjoying all of Debbie's occupations. She does seem smart enough to be able to learn several areas. The water thing is still concerning though. 

• Love 6

Also from that Interview:   ( I LOVE her!)

I’ve saved the most important question for last: Why are you not wearing that crazy tiger bathing suit we saw in your gallery photo?
Ahh; the icon of Survivor swimsuits from here to eternity…. You see, here we go with the perception paradox; you say crazy — I say it is crazy for people to kill and eat these majestic creatures who are more noble than 90 percent of humanity from what I see. It is quite simple; it is a fairly sheer leotard, not a true swimsuit and therefore would have been inappropriate for the viewing audience.

However they could have let me wear it out of the water because, like Vladimir Putin, my daughter Jade (a.k.a. Tiger) has always wanted to educate the public about the very real danger of tigers becoming extinct — such a tragedy…. I want people to know; Puppy Mills and pet shops propagate a living hell for the animals involved — and so do you when you buy from them.  Millions of great dogs and cats are euthanized every year in a shelter and yet morons breed more and more and more…. and if we don’t make a real, concerted effort NOW; in our lifetimes rhinos, tigers, leopards and more majestic creatures will be lost due to man’s infinite avarice and arrogance.

• Love 2

Debbie purring at Nick reminded me of Eartha Kitt as an elderly Eloise seducing a very reluctant Eddie Murphy, with the promise of a promotion, in "Boomerang". Nick had the same look of horror. :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 6

Also from that Interview:   ( I LOVE her!)

I’ve saved the most important question for last: Why are you not wearing that crazy tiger bathing suit we saw in your gallery photo?

Ahh; the icon of Survivor swimsuits from here to eternity…. You see, here we go with the perception paradox; you say crazy — I say it is crazy for people to kill and eat these majestic creatures who are more noble than 90 percent of humanity from what I see. It is quite simple; it is a fairly sheer leotard, not a true swimsuit and therefore would have been inappropriate for the viewing audience.

However they could have let me wear it out of the water because, like Vladimir Putin, my daughter Jade (a.k.a. Tiger) has always wanted to educate the public about the very real danger of tigers becoming extinct — such a tragedy…. I want people to know; Puppy Mills and pet shops propagate a living hell for the animals involved — and so do you when you buy from them.  Millions of great dogs and cats are euthanized every year in a shelter and yet morons breed more and more and more…. and if we don’t make a real, concerted effort NOW; in our lifetimes rhinos, tigers, leopards and more majestic creatures will be lost due to man’s infinite avarice and arrogance.

I love her for this alone. 

• Love 3

Nooooo Debbie

Victim of Julia playing along with Aubry who was trying to weaken Julia because she thought Scot had strategically put out the fire that Tai put out in order to make the Women's Alliance vote for Scot so that Julia would tell Jason who would play his idol on Scot thus taking out one of the women, for example, Debbie

....you know what, that is the absolutely perfect way for Debbie to go.

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 2

I don't understand why Debbie blindly believed that Julia was with them no matter what.  Yes, she wound up voting with the women but in a way that didn't necessarily harm her relationship with the evil dudes.  Her arrogance did her in.

• Love 1

Sad to see my fav go.  Starting to really, even more, lose interest in this season.  Their is just so much bad play going on.

Debbie was at least right when she wanted to get rid of Scott or Jason.  Aubry thought it was emotional but hey - who is usually going

to win immunity?  Julia got by on her small feet this time but Jason almost beat her. 

Get rid of the immunity challenge threats! 

Aubry and Cyndy are stupid for Ivy league grads. 

• Love 2

From that interview:

Psychological warfare was met with psychological warfare.

Oh, absolutely. If you think you’re going to bully and intimidate me and I’m going to take it up the [expletive] with no KY? Guess again, pal! Your clothes are going, and you’re going to have to wear another man’s nasty, dirty shorts! Oh, yeah. You know what, Josh? How you can play any other way in this world is beyond me. When Shakespeare said, “To be or not to be,” he meant, “Do you lay back and take it like a coward, or do you fight?” And you know what, a hero dies but once, and a coward dies a thousand slow deaths.

The WTF-ery of that passage is so epic, I can barely stand it.  Debbie doesn't disappoint!!

• Love 4

That is a good interview.  I was sorry to see her go.  She is quite the teller of tall tales.  She weighed in at 114 and in the interview she said 90 or 92 pounds.  In telling Nick and Neal, at Ponderosa, about Scot putting out the fire, she said no problem, I had another one started in 5 mins!  Well it was really Michelle who started the new fire!   And who knows how many other embellishments.  There have been many more than two!  Doesn't matter she is a character and hope to see more of her as others join the jury.  

Edited by wings707

She is quite the teller of tall tales.  She weighed in at 114 and in the interview she said 90 or 92 pounds. 

Oh, I know!! Classic Debbie, lol

Medic: What did you weigh coming in?

Debbie: 114

Medic: The scale says 101, so you lost 13 pounds.

[Later that night, in Ponderosa]

Debbie: I weigh 96 pounds!

[This week in interviews]

Debbie: I weighed 90 or 92 pounds! I lost over 20 pounds out there!

In telling Nick and Neal, at Ponderosa, about Scot putting out the fire, she said no problem, I had another one started in 5 mins!  Well it was really Michelle who started the new fire!

I know, right? I laughed at that

And who knows how many other embellishments.  There have been many more than two!

For one, it seems revisionist history how she's now saying she wasn't blindsided and had a feeling she'd be going, when immediately afterwards she's all, Wow! Blindsided. And how she's now saying she knew about the superidol because Neal told her, when he tweeted that he didn't tell her about it.

In real life, I have known people like her and I can't stand them, but I adore Debbie as a reality TV character. I hope her jury performance is epic. It's the only thing I'm even looking forward to now.

• Love 3
Debbie: I want people to know; Puppy Mills and pet shops propagate a living hell for the animals involved — and so do you when you buy from them.  Millions of great dogs and cats are euthanized every year in a shelter and yet morons breed more and more and more…. and if we don’t make a real, concerted effort NOW; in our lifetimes rhinos, tigers, leopards and more majestic creatures will be lost due to man’s infinite avarice and arrogance.

This is the side of Debbie I can't stand.  I agree with everything she said, but I don't know why Debbie thinks it's something brand new that only she knows about and it's her job to "educate," the rest of us.  Watching  her on  Survivor was entertaining but if I had to be around that constant lecturing I would have voted her out at the first opportunity.

I was starting to like Debbie, but tonight's news is all about the damage done to children in Flint by water plant chemists who cut corners, and I'm back to not liking her.

• Love 2