Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/01/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Did anyone else think it was weird when Raven started talking about how Nina Simone's husband was essentially an asshole and put undue pressure on her, contributing to her "demons" (according to CCB, Nina had demons), and the Director said, you mean her father (referring to Lisa Simone who was sitting right there)?

• Love 2

I don't know about programming any where but in the DC area, but here Rachel Ray is on right before the View and The Chew an hour after. If I wanted to watch cooking, which I don't, I'd watch those shows. I don't need to see cooking on this show too.

• Love 4

I don't know about programming any where but in the DC area, but here Rachel Ray is on right before the View and The Chew an hour after. If I wanted to watch cooking, which I don't, I'd watch those shows. I don't need to see cooking on this show too.

Agreed!!!  Talk, talk, talk, eat.   Rinse, repeat.  The show seemed chaotic & choppy (especially with Michelle back).

• Love 4

I like Joy's hair. Very attractive. I just figured out what Raven adds to this show. She demonstrates the electric slide and shakes her breasts to entertain the audience and the guest chef. LOL

The self described "View Jew" was there and I still wonder why we have her there.

Too bad Miss Whoopi missed the Super Bowl spread today. LOL

Edited because the Nikki Glaser comment belongs on the other thread.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 2

Ariel Winter got one too and she still looks like she got too much. Apparently she got criticism for showing her scars when on the red carpet, and she was like "So?" 

Makes me glad I'm not big. I can just imagine what kind of back pain some ladies get because of how big their breasts are. 

• Love 2

And they do it so poorly I wish they wouldn't bother.  It's not really "cooking" as much as watching the co-hosts sit onstage and stuff their pie holes.   I've never seen anyone eat a burger with a knife and fork either.   

I agree with MC, the show was uneven and choppy because of it, and of course because Michelle was there to derail every train of thought with a wisecrack.  Still, any day without Whoopi and Candace is an improvement to me. 

Five days this week for airhead Sara Haines.  There are no words

Did anyone see her expression when the food guy said Katie Homes was going to be on The Chew?

I did!  Hiliarious, like Symon just told her Tom Cruise was going to be on or maybe she's wondering how The Chew gets guests that this crap show cannot.

Poor Sara. Her husband watched a tv show without her. BAH

Right?   I'm starting to see what Vinyasa has been seeing.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Michael Simon's lil quip ("I like pork butt and I cannot lie") was really funny.  Then Paula chimed in with "you other brothers can't deny" and it just killed it for me.  It should have been funny, too, but it just wasn't.  Was that supposed to be some kind of little cabbage patch arm move she was doing?  She needs to never do that again. Ever.

I just ... I just don't like her.  She tries to be cutesy and fails.  She makes little jokes that fall flat.  She doesn't get other people's jokes.  She's just such a nerd.  And I hear a subtle snotty, judgmental tone in her comments all the time.  Like today when she kept trying to get Raven to admit that she only felt Hilary and Bernie conducted themselves with dignity last night because Raven is a Democrat.  I loved that Raven wouldn't have it.  Not everyone is as blindly biased as you are, Paula. 

Has this twit's recently revealed Trump love ruined her for me?  I don't remember thinking she was this awful before.  I know I never found her especially witty or insightful, but I don't recall ever wanting to smoosh a grapefruit in her face the way I did today.  I used to think Michelle was the big ol' donkey schoolgirl at the table - the one who has no idea how simple and goofy and ignorant she is - but I think that title is being taken over by Paula.

• Love 7

Right now the two main people I really don't like during my current bout of watching The View (I go through spurts of watching and not waching) are Paula and Michelle. I just don't get them, and for Paula the fact that she likes Trump makes me dislike her even more. I don't even try to pay attention to Whoopi anymore. 

Raven I'm not sure about. Some moments she has are good, other moments are "please kill me and spare me listening to her." 

The only that doesn't seem to irritate me is Joy. 

• Love 4

Michael Simon's lil quip ("I like pork butt and I cannot lie") was really funny.  Then Paula chimed in with "you other brothers can't deny" and it just killed it for me.  It should have been funny, too, but it just wasn't.  Was that supposed to be some kind of little cabbage patch arm move she was doing?  She needs to never do that again. Ever.

I just ... I just don't like her.  She tries to be cutesy and fails.  She makes little jokes that fall flat.  She doesn't get other people's jokes.  She's just such a nerd.  And I hear a subtle snotty, judgmental tone in her comments all the time.  Like today when she kept trying to get Raven to admit that she only felt Hilary and Bernie conducted themselves with dignity last night because Raven is a Democrat.  I loved that Raven wouldn't have it.  Not everyone is as blindly biased as you are, Paula. 

Has this twit's recently revealed Trump love ruined her for me?  I don't remember thinking she was this awful before.  I know I never found her especially witty or insightful, but I don't recall ever wanting to smoosh a grapefruit in her face the way I did today.  I used to think Michelle was the big ol' donkey schoolgirl at the table - the one who has no idea how simple and goofy and ignorant she is - but I think that title is being taken over by Paula.

What do you mean a cabbage patch arm move?

• Love 1

"What do you mean a cabbage patch arm move?"

I have no idea what this cabbage patch arm move is, but it made me LOL!  It is a wonderful description and once I understand what it means, I intend to work it into my conversations frequently. I am going to say maybe bent and stiff? I have got to watch that part and check it out.

• Love 1

I thought that was strange and out of line because I don't think you have to "identify as a Democrat" to notice and comment that Clinton and Sanders did not (nor ever have) resort  to name calling one another during the debate and kept on topic of policy even when the moderators stray from it.   On the contrary,  the only time the debate gets "heated" is when there was a major policy difference and the 'angriest" clip they had was Clinton calling the Sanders campaign mention of her Goldman Sachs speaking fee as an "artful smear" which is a fair point as was the Sanders campaign mentioning it.   I've never seen it get personal - they say they respect each other and they act like it.   Meanwhile, the Republican debates, not so much and not just because of Trump.  These guys were personally attacking each other for a year in the 2012 election too.  I see very little respect going on during those debates.  

Meanwhile, I thought the funniest bit today was having Ben Carson on (on satellite/skype) to explain why he left Iowa on the day of the caucus and watching Joy try not to crack up when he earnestly and defiantly told her he went home to Florida for fresh clothes, LOL.  And then still giving him the gag gift of a fresh shirt. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I thought that was strange and out of line because I don't think you have to "identify as a Democrat" to notice and comment that Clinton and Sanders did not (nor ever have) resorted to name calling one another during the debate or town hall meeting and kept on topic of policy even when the moderators stray from it.   

It reminded me of the stuff people say to you in the Real Housewives threads if you dare to make a comment they perceive as "defending" some unpopular cast member.  Because it's not possible someone may have actually perceived something differently from the way they did ... you must just be a "{insert name} -lover, -defender, or a 'Stan.'"  LOL

Paula, just because someone disagrees with you, it is not necessarily evidence they are biased.  In fact, it is actually possible that YOU are the one who is biased.  Just a little food for thought, hun.  

• Love 10

Sometimes people with veneers will eat certain foods with a knife and fork to avoid the pulling and wrenching on their teeth that happens when you bite into something and have to ... pull and wrench ... to get a bite off.  Pizza is a perfect example.  Or you tear things like hard bread into little pieces.   Just an FYI based on personal experience, lol. I don't know anything about Trump or Palin's teef situation.  Maybe they just wanted to be dainty. 

I think Michelle went the knife and fork route because she didn't want to take big old horking bite out of a juicy burger on TV.  I can't say I blame her.  I usually don't order a big thick burger when I am dining out for just that reason.  

• Love 3

Meanwhile, I thought the funniest bit today was having Ben Carson on (on satellite/skype) to explain why he left Iowa on the day of the caucus and watching Joy try not to crack up when he earnestly and defiantly told her he went home to Florida for fresh clothes, LOL.  And then still giving him the gag gift of a fresh shirt

I guess no one in his "campaign" thought to have some of his clothes "FedExed" to him!     He is not serious about his campaign and it shows.

• Love 4

I guess no one in his "campaign" thought to have some of his clothes "FedExed" to him!     He is not serious about his campaign and it shows.

Really...... It is not like Iowa does not have cleaners.....and the cost of the flights home and to NH are not cheap for Carson's campaign. OMG - he has been gone for 3 whole weeks from home.....and 2 months for his book tour. Hence....hammer to his mother, knife in belt buckle.....you want that guy behind the counter......

I'd be smirking if I were Joy as well.

• Love 3
Michael Simon's lil quip ("I like pork butt and I cannot lie") was really funny.

I enjoyed watching Michael Symon in the background on the show.  The show is going on and the ladies are going on...and on.  He's cooking, but paying attention...now and then laughing at some things he's hearing--other times shaking his head.  I had a good time seeing him enjoy the crazy.

• Love 9

Sometimes people with veneers will eat certain foods with a knife and fork to avoid the pulling and wrenching on their teeth that happens when you bite into something and have to ... pull and wrench ... to get a bite off.  Pizza is a perfect example.  Or you tear things like hard bread into little pieces.   Just an FYI based on personal experience, lol. I don't know anything about Trump or Palin's teef situation.  Maybe they just wanted to be dainty. 

I think Michelle went the knife and fork route because she didn't want to take big old horking bite out of a juicy burger on TV.  I can't say I blame her.  I usually don't order a big thick burger when I am dining out for just that reason.  

Thanks for the info, and while I guess using flatware to eat a burger is preferable to chomping it on TV I don't see why they had to do either.  Whenever this gang eats at the table they are so into their food I feel like the viewers (not to mention the studio audience)  and the show is simply an intrusion to their meal.  I think the food segments need to not only stay at the end of the show but these hogs need to refrain from chowing down until the show is over and the cameras are off. 

• Love 8

Meanwhile, I thought the funniest bit today was having Ben Carson on (on satellite/skype) to explain why he left Iowa on the day of the caucus and watching Joy try not to crack up when he earnestly and defiantly told her he went home to Florida for fresh clothes, LOL.  And then still giving him the gag gift of a fresh shirt. 

I thought he said something to the effect that he & his wife hadn't had any "time" together for awhile & wanted to "go home" to decompress.  Not judging here, but that's what I thought he said.

ETA:  Is anyone else having problems like not being alerted to new posts via email?  Also, strange adverts popping up after a couple of seconds on PTV View website?

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

Thanks for the info, and while I guess using flatware to eat a burger is preferable to chomping it on TV I don't see why they had to do either.  Whenever this gang eats at the table they are so into their food I feel like the viewers (not to mention the studio audience)  and the show is simply an intrusion to their meal.  I think the food segments need to not only stay at the end of the show but these hogs need to refrain from chowing down until the show is over and the cameras are off. 

Yep.  Michael Symon is great on The Chew.  And I liked his reactions on The View, cooking in the background while they were all talking about boobs.   But what was the point?  Three recipes, he has to zip through really quickly, then serve food to the women - for what reason?   They didn't give him enough time to actually show the recipes.  But then again, if we wanted that, we can watch his show.  So, the whole thing was to watch the women eat Super Bowl food?  And say it's good?  Yeah, we know, BBQ pork tacos, burger, are tasty.  

Joy looked annoyed at being expected to eat all that meat early in the morning.  I noticed her facial expressions while picking at the food.  And none of them looked interested in learning how to throw a Super Bowl party - the "what to cook for your Super Bowl party" didn't fit this show.

• Love 2

Never did comment, but I was so disappointed that we had a Whoopi-free Friday and then out walked Raven and Michelle. And then they talked about politics. They add NOTHING to any of those conversations. And combine it with Raven being extra desperate and try-hard by dancing, then running over to interact with the chef like she knows anything about cooking (or, well, anything else). Worse than the normal days.

• Love 4

Probably in the minority here, but I enjoyed Michael Symon's appearance on The View. We get three good recipes and a few tips. Bonus points that Whoopi wasn't there to step in and snitch the food. I agree that the show was a little disjointed. Maybe something happened behind the scenes? 

Vinyasa what is it with the Sara Haines hate? Is it personal?

• Love 7

Disjointed is a good word.

For me, Friday is a day to enjoy Whoopi being gone & letting Joy take the wheel. While I smiled over Symon's own smiles & smirks, his presence, though not likely his fault, just muddled the show. I've never been a fan of food segments anyway.

Sara Haines adds nothing IMO. I don't really like or dislike her. She just seems unnecessary, and forced on us.

Ben Carson is suffering a mental deficiency. I'm sure of it.

• Love 10

... Ben Carson is suffering a mental deficiency. I'm sure of it.

His behavior reminds me of the Peter Sellers character in Being There.  It's like he wandered off from his caretakers & stumbled into the middle of the campaign, where he's being mistaken for an actual candidate & taken seriously. 

• Love 18

His behavior reminds me of the Peter Sellers character in Being There.  It's like he wandered off from his caretakers & stumbled into the middle of the campaign, where he's being mistaken for an actual candidate & taken seriously.

YES! This is even more perfect after tonight's debate, when he stood offstage confused instead of going out to his podium.

• Love 4

Ben Carson is suffering a mental deficiency. I'm sure of it.

I wondered the same thing when he ignored every question Joy asked. And it didn't even come across like he was doing the usual politician tactic of avoiding the question--it was like he didn't even register there had been a question. Strange.

• Love 6

Gentle reminder that news and politics in general outside of the show are considered off-topic on these forums. We do not mind if you lightly discuss what the show featured on current affairs, but these forums are not the place for election or news talk. Thank you.

• Love 1

I wondered the same thing when he ignored every question Joy asked. And it didn't even come across like he was doing the usual politician tactic of avoiding the question--it was like he didn't even register there had been a question. Strange.

I enjoyed watching Joy trying not to crack up laughing during that interview.  

• Love 4

Vinyasa what is it with the Sara Haines hate? Is it personal?

She annoys me on all levels. I find her to be complete airhead, she sits here like a deer in the headlights and adds ZERO value. They don't always need 5 people at that table, but she makes it 5.

My biggest grip is that she is there more than the co-hosts they've  hired. She was there five days last week and three days the week before.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

Thanks very much.  I'll check it out.

I know how to do the start topic thing, but I thought we had to do the week's run down of guests; and sometimes I don't feel into doing that search and copying and whatnot . So I wait. ;-) Also, at times I want to request a new show, but we have to submit the other thread titles so I skip it. [/lazy]

Back to topic, I wonder who dresses CCB. Are those her choices? Bc sometimes her dresses are so short it is disturbing as if I'm going to see lady bits. ALso, she looks 12 at other times. She is lovely, but yikes on the wardrobe. Isn't she 40?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2