Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is EB just trolling or does he really not know he's not Victor Newman?

i really don't think there is a separation between character/actor....he was the same way when asked about nikki and he went on and on about how he would never forgive her for betraying him like that or however it was he put it..

• Love 2
19 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Let's see. Nick is forty years old and made a true statement. Victor ( and EB ) is delusional. Not the first time he has bitched about this sort of thing. 

After everything Victor has done to Nick and the rest of the family through the years I would have said a lot more than that to him.  Can't believe EB said that does he think he is VN

16 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I think when you've spent the last 300 years playing the same character, you kind of become them.

Tooooo funny

Spoiler

• Love 4
On 2016-07-21 at 9:17 PM, Petunia13 said:

He's giving me a Joel Edgerton vibe with that look. 

I hope his character beats the shit out of Billy. 

And tells his mother what a piece of crap she really is.

• Love 1

Hey, I just saw a promo for a new fall series called "Designated Survivor" (I think?), with Kiefer Sutherland, Maggie Q, and Mckenna Grace! Something about a low-level Cabinet member becoming President after the rest of Cabinet dies somehow - I think Mckenna plays the new President's daughter. Good for her!

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, valleycliffe said:

i really don't think there is a separation between character/actor....he was the same way when asked about nikki and he went on and on about how he would never forgive her for betraying him like that or however it was he put it..

I agree, Valley. That interview alternated between making me shake my head in disbelief and want to come after him like that car in King's Christine. I believe he's been so molly-coddled and "handled" by the suits at CBS for so long that he's bought completely into his so-called "daytime royalty" status. You get the impression that they've got somebody onset who sweeps the floor in front of him before he walks over it or something. Wonder how many folks they've got on retainer to peel his grapes for him?

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I agree, Valley. That interview alternated between making me shake my head in disbelief and want to come after him like that car in King's Christine. I believe he's been so molly-coddled and "handled" by the suits at CBS for so long that he's bought completely into his so-called "daytime royalty" status. You get the impression that they've got somebody onset who sweeps the floor in front of him before he walks over it or something. Wonder how many folks they've got on retainer to peel his grapes for him?

Whoah, when you said "sweeps the floor in front of him..." I had a flash of the Guild Navigator in Lynch's Dune.

Guild_Navigator.jpg

• Love 3

Oh I get it now. Victor only abuses those who abuse him! Duh. Remember that one time when Phyllis had Victor raped for months by a Nikki doppelgänger? And that time when Jack had him kidnapped and drugged and tortured by a malodorous equine? And remember how Sharon hired that guy who looked exactly like Victor's dead father to gaslight him? Come on! I can't be the only one. 

Eric Braeden is truly a feminist icon. 

• Love 18

If people are abusive or disrespectful  to you the answer is to be more abusive to them...that's how the world works? ? I'm pretty sure if most people did that they'd end up violently injured, dead, or in jail but whatever you say Mr Braeden.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oh my gods...ButtBiscuit Billy Munster is on the cover of CBS SID AGAIN!  Did he steal some of HK's Polaroids of Les Moonvees with that goat?

Yup.  That's where he got the idea for the haircut.  Moonves didn't even know it was ButtBiscuit and not BillyGoat until it was too late.....

• Love 6

Buttbiscuit's noseholes are toned on that SID cover. The haircut, while reminiscent of Eddie Munster, gives Billy's head a strikingly flat appearance, as if he was forced to balance a safe atop his cranium. 

My favorite aspect of the cover is the question Will Chloe send Victor to jail? Because there's definitely a chance of EB participating in a story where a young woman gets the upper hand on Victor. 

• Love 10

so, i was perusing a different board and there is a new rumor going around.

if jh leaves to stay in prime time, then mm will return to the role of adam... i would be all for it.

LOL  ETA:  i tweeted mm and asked about the rumor and all he replied was "should a rhetorical question get a response" so i guess the answer is no.

Edited by valleycliffe
added to post
  • Love 2

Meant to post this over the weekend but I think the actor playing Luca is in a bit or small part on the upcoming Hairspray TV movie/musical. Good for him he def has the look. 

Also the actress playing Bethany, named Chrishelle Stause, who's dating the guy who plays Adam, Justin Hartley, showed off her engagement ring on social media and it's nice. It's a square cut diamond solitaire like 2.5 or 3 carats. It's classic and simple. Square, emerald or princess cut stones for rings have such a timeless quality and crisp preppy image. 

• Love 2
On August 8, 2016 at 1:55 PM, valleycliffe said:

if jh leaves to stay in prime time, then mm will return to the role of adam... i would be all for it.

LOL  ETA:  i tweeted mm and asked about the rumor and all he replied was "should a rhetorical question get a response" so i guess the answer is no.

I'd guess your guess is correct, though I'd agree with you. Saw a photo of him on Twitter over the weekend on a stationary bike in a gym at a hotel somewhere, and he looked amazing. Those arms. Those thighs. Wow. He NEVER looked that developed on this show back in the day. He'd seriously give JH a run for the money, and JT, he looks like a scrawny little dweeb by comparison.

• Love 5
On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 1:55 PM, valleycliffe said:

As soon as I read this, my initial reaction was "how cool is it that MM actually tweeted you back?? I'm so jealous!" I miss him, he was just so good that I sort of put out of my mind all of the heinous things Adam did, and they were truly heinous. I'd love to see him land elsewhere, but the rumors of why he left, true or not, seem like they've followed him post-Y&R.

• Love 7

rumors of why he left, true or not, seem like they've followed him post-Y&R.

i agree nkotb...that's the problem with rumors, innuendos and #manypeoplesay stuff.

whether true or not (i don't believe it's true) it follows you around only to rear it's ugly head time and time again. and, if you deny it, you're lying and if you don't say anything then it's like you must be guilty and trying to hide it...***kanyeshrug*** 

• Love 9

whether true or not (i don't believe it's true) it follows you around only to rear it's ugly head time and time again. and, if you deny it, you're lying and if you don't say anything then it's like you must be guilty and trying to hide it...*

I totally think he did something inappropriate and that is why he was fired.. otherwise he was too popular.. and I sure don't blame HK like I see so many doing.. 

• Love 5
On 02/08/2016 at 1:28 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Looking at him on Grey's,  Joe and Ashley or Joe and Sharon would've been hot as hell. Glad he left for greener pastures.

Ooooooo Noooooo! And just when I was thinking of maybe watching again!

On SC, one of the mods posted a notice of a casting call out for a "mid-thirties" Caucasian male for the role of "Dean", a contract part that will begin filming in late August (that's now) to start airing in mid-September (IIRC). The character is supposed to be from/grew up in a wealthy family, but who saw how wealth and power corrupted them, and he is ethical, honest, humble, basically a good upright citizen. A lot of folks are suggesting it could be an Adam recast, but it sounds more like Chance to me since Adam was never humble and rarely ethical, although he's been more stalwart in the last six months or longer than he previously was and has basically become Chelsea's rug. Maybe Kyle, but he's about a decade older than he's supposed to be.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 1

Does anyone here actually believe MY will actually write Adam off by having him killed as Valley has said is being rumored on other boards (even supposedly the rumor that they taped the funeral)? Or is it more likely that he'll lose one of his remaining 7 lives and go off into the sunset courtesy of Turd, leaving wife and son for Nick to console only to come back at some future date?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, miamama said:

He will be noble and spare Chelsea and Connor a life on the run and take off - presumably dead but we will see him. 

That's my guess.

Do you think that something like that was Turd's plan? He supposedly gets killed and following the "funeral" Chelsea and Connor were supposed to "move to Paris" (to be joined later by the living Adam) but instead, something misfires and it appears he was killed in the fracas, but lives, and everyone except Turd believes he's dead which he goes along with to allow Adam to let Chelsea and his son move on? Yeah. That's probably what'll happen That way, Turd gets to grieve his "death", everyone else gets to blame him for what's happened because of him and the family get to heap crap on his head in punishment, while the old goat suffers in silence, ever the martyr in his own mind.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8

I don't think they'll show us he's alive. It'll be am ambigious death where he could have gotten away. If they do show us then how can they possibly sell nick and Chelsea.  And we know that pairing will get all the works. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I don't think they'll show us he's alive. It'll be am ambigious death where he could have gotten away. If they do show us then how can they possibly sell nick and Chelsea.  And we know that pairing will get all the works. 

Look who is writing this show. These are the same people who want us to believe Billy and Phyllis are in love and that Victor is a good man who only wants to protect his family.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DivaT said:

they won't show us anything, they will TELL US IT IS THE GREATEST LURVE EVAH!

then the rest of the fricking cast will tell them THEY HAVE THE GREATEST LURVE EVAH!

just like they try and tell us that sick were the goat (well, they stunk like one anyway), and fricking philly are being kept apart by jill but they are the goat too.

gasp gasp heave..

• Love 12
16 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Look who is writing this show. These are the same people who want us to believe Billy and Phyllis are in love and that Victor is a good man who only wants to protect his family.

I stand corrected. You're right. Pratt dares anything. 

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

If Nick and Chelsea even are alone in the same room, let alone have a ship they will have a child. 

I can't see this. Not at all. The show is really conservative. Women normally don't have children by more than one man who will be on canvas at same time. 

Edited by DivaT
2 hours ago, spinxella said:

Sounds like Luca is a goner and Monday is his last episode.

He got the same exit as Joe Clark.

Bye-bye, Babaloo.

I won't miss him. 

Lazy writers are lazy. Exact same exit. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  i just sent off a tweet to yrinsider

why are 2 newbies, gt and jt giving all the 11,000 interviews to news stations?  should have used actual vets not pets.

It was truly baffling to see that choice. It makes me wonder what the other actors thought about it. Two newbies who know next to nothing about the history of the show representing that milestone? Oh, CBS.

• Love 5