Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Pretty girl but not much of an actress IMO.

Yeah, she played Amanda Dillon on original recipe AMC. Amanda was legacy character and it was a fairly front burner role for quite a while. I've been surprised Y&R or B&B have never cast her. IMO she's no worse an actor than several people on both shows.

• Love 1

Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman) had a quick little segment on TMZ today. She was with her husband who apparently is on DAYS. Isn't JH's girlfriend/wife also on DAYS? The soap world is so small now.

Billy Miller was on the season finale of Suits. He plays a recurring character who's the brother of one of the two male stars. He looked great.

Justin Gaston (MO's husband) hasn't been on Days for over a year.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

I hope this is the right place to post this.  

I tried to read back and did not see this posted anywhere.

CBS is looking for viewers' opinions regarding Y&R.  The show has set up a questionnaire here:  http://home.reelresearch.com/newsurveysystem/survey/welcome.asp?refername=cbsdaytime

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2015/0722-yr_viewer_poll.php

Ha ha!  I clicked on it gave my age and gender and it said -- there are not tests at this time.   Meaning we don't want middle-aged women's opinions!

• Love 5

So Miles V/Prince Luca has some recent pics on his twitter and he's looking pretty hot.

But I love how he answers and replies to each and every single tweet or comment on social media with a thank you and joke. No ego or star trip with this guy.

• Love 2

Here's a link to their segment - it was funny, they were laughing and joking and seemed really comfortable with each other. SC actually has a personality! And SE has THE SCRUFF. The bit about Garnier (the hair product) is because Dina, the host, has done a commercial for Garnier, and it actually aired in the commercial break right before the segment started.

http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/4461142519001/

Gonna copy a link to a tweet here, and there's a video embedded in the tweet. I don't know if it will work; I hope it does, cause it's funny :D

https://twitter.com/bttoronto/status/639396420793950208

OK, so if you click the link, it should take you to Twitter, and you have to click on the snpy.tv link to watch the video.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 1

I hope this is the right place to post this.  

I tried to read back and did not see this posted anywhere.

CBS is looking for viewers' opinions regarding Y&R.  The show has set up a questionnaire here:  http://home.reelresearch.com/newsurveysystem/survey/welcome.asp?refername=cbsdaytime

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2015/0722-yr_viewer_poll.php

I don't believe this Nielsen survey is still current. CBS enlisted Nielsen to conduct this research for them, but it was early last month (or maybe even in late July) which is when I responded to the questionnaire. That may be why some of the posters responding to your post later had issues, because the links aren't valid any longer to any ongoing research.

• Love 2

Two Y&R related pieces on Inside Edition today. The first was about Max Page (Reed). Poor boy just had his eleventh heart surgery! He is a real trooper. Then next segment was about Sandra Bullock's new boyfriend who used to be engaged to Kristoff St. John's daughter. The daughter is really pretty. Her mom talked about what a good guy he was but thought he was better matched with Sandra since he is 25 years older than her daughter.

• Love 2

Max Page is such a good kid.

I remember KSJ talking about the relationship in a long SOD where he also talked about his son still alive at the time and a bunch of stuff. He was diplomatic but I think he is not to sad that relationship broke up. KSJ daughter is pretty. Isn't she an artist/model?

• Love 1

OMG! Michael E. Knight, one of the former stars and legacy cast members of AMC is joining Y&R! It's only a recurring role but still, probably only Susan Lucci would be a bigger "get" as far as AMC is concerned. Read all about it here.

ETA: Now it's really too bad they killed Kelly off...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

Love Michael E. Knight---he was often the only reason I was watching AMC and he has already had his character ground up by Upchuck once---I shudder to think what this current Y&R might do to him based on the less than stellar characters they dumped on my other faves---Maura West, Tristan Rogers, Debbie and Darnell etc etc---would be great if they really wrote something good for him but I am not holding my breath--sigh--still it will be great to see him.

• Love 5

Definitely no MEK sniping coming from here. I am worried sick though about what craptastic Pratt will do to him. Seems like he can take rainbows and turn them into s**t without even trying. There is NO amount of skill that can overcome what he does to the actual fine actors that have been run through his grinder. When you can make Ray Wise look bad, well that takes some sort of special evil, doesn't it?

• Love 6

This was just about the cutest. In this weeks Soap Opera Digest * they did the round up where they asked random actors "Who is the HOTTEST man on soaps?"

And AH/Victoria said said "Ray Wise/Ian. He can play dangerous and evil! I love that."

GT/Phyllis said "Peter Bergman/Jack, hands down! That man can wear a suit and he's super-smart!!"

I think their answers were so fun. I especially love how supportive GT is of PB and vice versa. They had such a respect for each other and it's so obvious they love working together and I think that adds to their chemistry on screen. Even in pictures and interviews they seem so natural together their connection and admiration is noticeable.

* ha yes I still buy and read SOD weekly I have since I was about 13. I even drive out of my way to places that sell it to buy it. I must be one of their most loyal customers. I am a dork, I know.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 10
I heard a blind item that a recent recast isn't catching on as much as they HOPED with the audience. I assume its Y&R's Kyle or B&B's Thomas.

I'd bet it's the guy who plays Thomas. Kyle has been around for a while and no one really calls him a recast anymore. It probably didn't help that B&B stuck Thomas in a deplorable storyline with some rapey behavior on his part. Kind of an odd choice IMO for a character who's pretty much a legacy at this point.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

I heard a blind item that a recent recast isn't catching on as much as they HOPED with the audience. I assume its Y&R's Kyle or B&B's Thomas.

I haven't watched B&B in years but I remember the last Thomas they had. He was good looking but his acting was hit and miss.  Kyle has been on for a few months now. How long has this new Thomas been on?

• Love 1

I'd bet it's the guy who plays Thomas. Kyle has been around for a while and no one really calls him a recast anymore. It probably didn't help that B&B stuck Thomas in a deplorable storyline with some rapey behavior on his part. Kind of an odd choice IMO for a character who's pretty much a legacy at this point.

They BOTH can leave for all I care!

• Love 5

the new thomas has been on too long--after the first day--when viewers say they prefer Devon or any other awful repugnant dude it is time to cut losses and ditch the creep but NO--put him in a disgusting storyline where he is even more hated--YAY---NOT--when Devon looks good at the sight of him it is not a good day---- 

• Love 3

OK--so I finally told 88 yr old mom about Michael E. Knight coming to the show to be a "doctor"----she was thrilled and she remembered Tad from AMC (she doesn't always remember old shows especially ATWTs but Tad is one of her unforgettables) I tried to tamp that down by saying remember what this show did to Angie and Jessie and it could be awful---still she will be happy to see him--she did a lot of years with AMC after she first retired---

• Love 3