Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Now You See Abby, Now You Don't

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The minis prepare to compete with their first group dance; Maddie and two other ALDC girls book a photo shoot; and Maddie and Brynn face off with their solo routines. Later, the chaotic studio leads Abby to make a huge announcement that could tear the team apart.

There is nobody to root for on this show anymore.  Well, that's not true.  A handful of the kids are still okay.  But I wanted to punch every single mother in this episode.  With the possible exception of Holly, who I don't think said/did anything particular alarming.  On top of that Kendall is a straight up brat.  Also while I agree with Maddie that Jill is crazy and wants it more than Kendall does, I'm not really sure it's a great trait that she's already gossiping to random people on sets about everyone around her.  That's not exactly professional behavior.

Jill is completely insane and Jessalyn and Brynn's mom aren't really any better.  Though I find it hilarious that one of the other mothers can say something about Brynn and then when Brynn's mother says something about another child they all freak out.  Did we miss where Jill was saying shit about Brynn right in front of her face last week?

I'm just going to go into a corner and be happy that Nia, Kehlani and Jojo all seem to have their heads on straight at this point.   Brynn seems okay too from the little we've seen.

I also think it's weird that the moms are acting like Abby's legal troubles are some minor issue she's dealing with at the moment.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't feel bad for Abby and she brought it on herself.  But she's facing possible jail time.  It's not like she just stomped off set for no reason.  The threat of jail will do things to people.  It's a bigger deal than which solo wins at a stupid made up dance competition on any particular week.

• Love 5

Yeah, I can't believe Brynn's mother's head didn't explode with the way everyone was telling her not to say things against someone's kid. They were all doing that to Brynn. I usually think Jessalyn is better than the others about all the drama like that, but she was pretty bad tonight. And I can't even talk about Melissa. I'm glad Maddie's successful and all, but she acts like Maddie can do no wrong and is the best dancer to ever exist. I laughed when she tried to get Gia to say Maddie's dance was harder and Gia denied it right away.

I thought it was cute seeing the girls give the mini's advice. The girls have always been more enjoyable than the moms.

Maybe it was the dance, but I thought Maddie's performance was a lot better this episode than last season. Whatever she's doing away from Abby agrees with her.

• Love 3

I think time away from Abby and performing for people in the real world (away from the competition circuit) has started to knock some of the bad performance habits out of Maddie.  I feel like she does less of that creepy permagrin now.  I also think she moves with more maturity than she did even as recently as last season.

Also Kendall and Jill should really thank their lucky stars that Abby and Melissa campaign so hard for her.  She's a pretty girl, but even in the Seventeen shoot her eyes looked dead.   I love when Abby points out that Kendall's single went to #1 on iTunes as if she's on par famewise with Katy Perry or Gaga.   Yes, that Kendall K is a world famous star.

At least Nia was chosen first and Seventeen people seemed more interested in her.  It almost seemed like they settled for Kendall because they didn't know who else to choose.

• Love 2

OMG, does Jill really have a blood feud with a 10 year old child?  goodness, you would think if anything makes you take a step back and re-evaluate life it has to be that.  She is coming off like that crazy Texas cheerleader mom.

And Abby reads all sorts of still bitter over Nia.  "Well, we're leaning towards Nia."  "Yeah, but did you see Kalani, she should be on the cover of Seventeen!"  

But, I will say, for whatever Abby has done, these women who have known her for years are showing her a remarkable lack of compassion.  Every. single. statement. from their mouths were about how Abby's legal troubles was a big problem for them.  The self-centeredness is so strong.

• Love 1

Wow, I'm really surprised Maddie didn't win.  Personally, I loved her routine, I thought the song and the styling were great, and I love the idea of the Bond Girl.

I know I don't know a technical thing about dance.  HOWEVER, lets assume for a minute that these are real dance competitions.  Even in LA, there has to be some sort of judging boost for someone who is doing the big things that Maddie is doing.  So, if she got a little boost from the judges because they just like her and sort of want to be on the train, and she still was only second, I don't know what to think.  Unless this is a production ploy of some sort to amp up the drama between Brynn's mother and Melissa.

I think Brynn's mother is a bit much, and she would sure as heck have me rolling my eyes, but this seems more and more like mean girl behavior.  But that woman has got to stop talking about how her daughter is this and that and the replacement.  For one, should you really teach your child that the best they can do is replace someone else?  Don't make her be the next maddie, let her be brynn!

I think Maddie did win, or I thought it was that one of them beat the other overall, but they were in different categories and the one who did better in their category did worse overall?

I think Maddie got second and Brynn got fourth.  I'm not sure if they were in the same category/division.

Interesting the way they choose to edit that. I thought Maddie did a nice job on the dance but it didn't have as much in the way of technical elements as Brynn's, or likely the person who won the overall 1st place. It was performed well, but she looked like a background dancer for an Austin Powers movie.

Loved seeing the interaction between the older girls and the little ones. But why are the little ones dressed and dancing like sex kittens? One of them is 6 for goodness sake! 

Jill's driving me nuts, she's way over the top this year and Brynn's Mom should heed Jess's advice - or even her own daughter's for that matter. Sad when your pre-teen is wiser than you. 

Has Jill had some work done around the eyes? They look odd.

• Love 1

I have to say I don't like Jess anymore. She is using Brynn's mom to get tighter with the group. Brynn's mom needs not to say much until her daughter cements her spot on the team. The position Abby puts Brynn and the mother was not going to make her welcomed to the group easy.

Edited by DaisyFields500

Brynn was first in the Junior division and 4th overall. Maddie was second in the Teen division and 2nd overall. 

It looked like a boy won, and if what all the mothers say is true, the competitions love their boys.  Maddie looked like a professional dancer and Bryn looked like a competition dancer, you really can't compare them.  But can Maddie do a scorpion?  Laughed at that one.

It's amazing how many obese mothers have such undersized kids. 

• Love 2

Do these moms style themselves for the show or is there a team of dressers, hair & make up people taking care of them before they are on camera? I'd guess they are left to their own devices and trowel on the products themselves.  I just don't understand why some of these women comb their hair as if they are about to enter the Westminster Dog Show.  Way too many over-poufed Pomeranians and Shih-Tzu looks lately.  I get that they want to look glamorous for TV but they are sitting in a studio for hours, not on the runway during Fashion Week.  They are sooo over dressed and made up, they look ridiculous.

I'm too tired to look it up, but have Abby's financial troubles been resolved yet? 

Do these moms style themselves for the show or is there a team of dressers, hair & make up people taking care of them before they are on camera? I'd guess they are left to their own devices and trowel on the products themselves.  I just don't understand why some of these women comb their hair as if they are about to enter the Westminster Dog Show.  Way too many over-poufed Pomeranians and Shih-Tzu looks lately.  I get that they want to look glamorous for TV but they are sitting in a studio for hours, not on the runway during Fashion Week.  They are sooo over dressed and made up, they look ridiculous.

I'm too tired to look it up, but have Abby's financial troubles been resolved yet? 

I think they get help in that department. 

Those mothers are so hypocritical.  That isn't news.  Last night Jill said to Brynn something along the lines of "its okay honey, there will be more opportunities later" when she didn't get the seventeen mag (which I think was already decided beforehand anyway).  That wasn't said to comfort Brynn, but to rub her nose in it.  Why?  Jill is intimidated.  Plain and simple.  Just like everything Jill said and did to Brynn last week.  Brynn is talking to the MOTHERS, and Jill is speaking directly to a child.  Big difference.  But if any of the mothers said anything to Kendall like Jill did to Brynn, there would be hell to pay.  Assuming that this isn't scripted.

• Love 4

Those mothers are so hypocritical.  That isn't news.  Last night Jill said to Brynn something along the lines of "its okay honey, there will be more opportunities later" when she didn't get the seventeen mag (which I think was already decided beforehand anyway).  That wasn't said to comfort Brynn, but to rub her nose in it.  Why?  Jill is intimidated.  Plain and simple.  Just like everything Jill said and did to Brynn last week.  Brynn is talking to the MOTHERS, and Jill is speaking directly to a child.  Big difference.  But if any of the mothers said anything to Kendall like Jill did to Brynn, there would be hell to pay.  Assuming that this isn't scripted.

I hope its scripted, because really -- a 40 year old woman shouldn't have a nemesis thats a 10 years old.  Jill talks like she really just hates that little girl.

And I know that maybe I'm being paranoid, but there was a point last night where Brynn came off stage and Kendall was like "so do you think you did all your steps right?" or something along those lines, and it just didn't sound....right.  It wasn't mean at all, she wasn't being bratty, but I just feel like Jill may have Kendall thinking that Brynn is her big rival and she should despise the girl as much as Jill does.

• Love 3

I hope its scripted, because really -- a 40 year old woman shouldn't have a nemesis thats a 10 years old. Jill talks like she really just hates that little girl.

And I know that maybe I'm being paranoid, but there was a point last night where Brynn came off stage and Kendall was like "so do you think you did all your steps right?" or something along those lines, and it just didn't sound....right. It wasn't mean at all, she wasn't being bratty, but I just feel like Jill may have Kendall thinking that Brynn is her big rival and she should despise the girl as much as Jill does.

I think Jill does talk bad about Brynn at home. Kendal said a nice nasty comment to Brynn that excluded her from the group and tried to cover it by saying l'm joking. The comment sounded like something Jill would say. LOL I felt bad for this girl telling her mom that these girls are her new friends. She just met them. Everybody is competing not to be under Maddie's shadow. Her mom is her friend and got her back. Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 4

Also if Brynn's mom is to be believed, which I don't know if she is, she claimed Kendall made a comment to Brynn that she shouldn't be in group pics with the rest of the girls because she's not part of the team--and Nia had to tell Kendall that wasn't nice.  I tend to think Kendall probably did just because Jill didn't even try to deny it.  She just didn't see anything wrong with what Kendall supposedly said.  Plus it seems likely that if anybody was going to put a stop to that nonsense it would be Nia.

I have a feeling Kendall hears things from her mother and then likes to say things to the other girls and pretend she's joking.

From what I know from people who have been on and worked on the show, it is designed.  It's basically all a set up.  The plots are from production as are the scene outlines.  They are given dialog descriptions and "suggestions" of what to say.  They don't reshoot if you say something similar or close enough to what they are after.  For example tell Jojo she looks good.  You go Jojo you look amazing and gush and they'll be happy. 

Ratings: 1.341 M viewers and a .54 rating.

From what I know from people who have been on and worked on the show, it is designed.  It's basically all a set up.  The plots are from production as are the scene outlines.  They are given dialog descriptions and "suggestions" of what to say.  They don't reshoot if you say something similar or close enough to what they are after.  For example tell Jojo she looks good.  You go Jojo you look amazing and gush and they'll be happy. 

Ratings: 1.341 M viewers and a .54 rating.

How long has it been like that? I mean in season 1, those interactions between Kelly and Christie, drinking and bitching, they seemed kind of real. And funny to watch.

I like original mothers like Holly more as in they were normal people, initially not so fame hungry and so they have some empathy. Those fake tanned mothers (mini mothers) when they saw Abby having a meltdown, they just screwed up their noses. I know she seems crazy so you would be like "wtf", but you'd think you'd show some concern.. I don't know, I don't like the mini mums. 100% fame hungry fakers?

Interesting what Ashlee said about how it was "meant to be Kendall's year", I wonder if production promised that..

Jessalyn was speaking a lot of sense to Ashlee, and Maddie was right about Jill being embarrassing xD Although I think Jill and Melissa's families are close so it was half a friendly remark. Omg that menopause comment was hilarious xD As was Jessalyn sending the mini-mums into Abby! They made the right choices for the photoshoot, Kalani could have been good too. All the other girls still look too young, Jojo, Kenzie and Brynn would be good in a kid's shoot.

I'm not a Kira fan but I always do think Kalani seems like a really sweet girl. Jojo and Jess are my favourites though, Jojo does piano and Korean as well so at least Jess seems to care about her being educated? And Jojo always seems really kind and down to earth.

I really liked Maddie's dance, a bit different from usual and she danced really well, she got steadier! That was a dance Kendall could have been given but Maddie did it better than Kendall could have.

The group dance (seniors) was great, Nia, Maddie, Jojo and Kalani stood out. Kenzie was off.

The minis were good but I can't warm to them like I warmed to the original girls somehow..

Awwww Kenzie mentoring Payton, that's cute.

^^Jojo takes Korean?  Good for her, and good for Jessalyn.  Jessalyn had a moment or two last episode, but overall, she almost always talks sense and I like her.  I don't know why she insists on coloring Jojo's hair since a woman who would color her kids hair doesn't seem like the same woman that would send her to Korean classes, but oh well.  I guess I take what I can get.

^^Jojo takes Korean?  Good for her, and good for Jessalyn.  Jessalyn had a moment or two last episode, but overall, she almost always talks sense and I like her.  I don't know why she insists on coloring Jojo's hair since a woman who would color her kids hair doesn't seem like the same woman that would send her to Korean classes, but oh well.  I guess I take what I can get.

Yeah, the hair dye thing is strange. It was never said why she takes Korean, it was just briefly mentioned in one episode. I suppose to an extent Jessalyn is a stage mother, but just more sensible than some.

• Love 1

^^unless there is some long term plan for Jojo as a little blonde girl in the asian entertainment industry.  I know in times past, some Asian communities valued that blonde haired/blue eyed American girl look.  But gosh, that is thinking on a whole different level than anything I would have seen from any of the Dance Moms.  It would put Jessalyn in a different league entirely in my book.  I wouldn't even know what to make of it.

I have to say I don't like Jess anymore. She is using Brynn's mom to get tighter with the group. Brynn's mom needs not to say much until her daughter cements her spot on the team. The position Abby puts Brynn and the mother was not going to make her welcomed to the group easy.

I think the opposite actually. I think brynn's mom has to say a lot and be naggy and annoying so that she DOES cement her spot on the team. The show only keeps the moms on who bring the drama and therefore she knows what shes doing.

I think the opposite actually. I think brynn's mom has to say a lot and be naggy and annoying so that she DOES cement her spot on the team. The show only keeps the moms on who bring the drama and therefore she knows what shes doing.

She just needs to realize that this is some hazing from grown ass women who should know better.  Anytime someone new enters the fray the women gang up on them and its a disaster.  Abby encourages it by giving the new girl the solos, love and attention which makes the other moms act even worse.  Jessalyn went through it, and Ashlee is going through it.

Its about 10x worse because Jill is an immature bitch that wants to fight with a 10 year old, and because Ashlee takes every opportunity to talk about how Brynn is the greatest of all time.  Which sucks for Jill, because you know she thought it really would be all "Kendall K" with her kissing Abby's butt and Maddie gone.

• Love 1

The moms act like a high school clique and whenever some new mom comes in, they act all bitter and angry and envious toward her. I know that they don't want to deal with some random mom coming in and talking about how her child is the best thing around, but they reek of hypocrisy.

Yeah, the hair dye thing is strange. It was never said why she takes Korean, it was just briefly mentioned in one episode. I suppose to an extent Jessalyn is a stage mother, but just more sensible than some.

I don't think it was mentioned on the show, but I read in another interview that they had a Korean foreign exchange student that lived with them for an extended period, I'm sure that has/had some impact on Jojo learning Korean... I say good for Jojo having another interest, and one that is not "typical" at that.

I didn't like Jessalyn on AUDC, but since she had been one of the more rational moms on Dance moms I warmed to her some... But the last few weeks aren't doing her any favors in that regard...I hate the mean girl act the moms take when it comes to the new moms, especially hen it comes from a mom who is relatively new herself.

I also didn't like the gloating when it came to Brynns placement... All the "not only was she behind Maddie, but there where other girls in between"... She is 10... So, in my opinion she did quite well placing where she did, the difference in technique of a 10 year old vs a 13 year old can be pretty drastic, I highly doubt Mackenzie who is closer to Brynns age could have done that well. I know by nature in dance there are lots of comparisons made but Maddie is not the end all be all of dance... I don't wish anything negative on her, I'm happy for the success she is having now, but that is all pretty fleeting, especially if this is the last season of dance moms. She is doing lots of other projects, and that will extend her fame to a degree, but at the end of the day, she likely has a couple more years tops in the spotlight.

More often than not the girls are the voice of reason on this show, and that is sad in some ways, but it does make me proud that the girls seem to for the most part remain level headed.

And the moms whining about Abby never being there, Abby has walked out over much smaller issues than this, I think she was justified in this case (but I don't feel sorry for her either, she made her bed as far as the money goes). Jill is always the first to complain that Abby's attention is too divided, she needs to focus on the girls, but I feel like had they brought in another choreographer to work with the minis, Jill would have complained that they were getting to work with other people.

I have to hope for humanity that this is scripted and these adults aren't sitting around calculating who is getting more attention, whose dance was harder, who has better costume/makeup.

Oh, my bad I'm not sure why I got it in my head that she was 10, thanks.

Probably from me, since I keep referring to Jill having some blood feud with a 10 year old.  But I really just picked 10 out of the air, and Brynn looks 10 to me.  So...my bad!

Wow, I thought Jill came off really bad in this episode -- the way she was talking to Brynn, she obviously feels very threatened by that little girl, and she kind of has good reason to - Brynn is a much better dancer then Kendall.  She can do lyrical better then her, and she can also do sassy jazz better then her (in my opinion).  There is something about Kendall's dancing that is just so clunky and awkward, I always feel like she seems to be dancing under water, everything seems heavy and slow.  

I also feel so confused by Kalani -- why is she there?  Her mom is not around to provide drama, there is no focus on her anymore... she is way older then these girls, and I feel like she's gone from being a really extraordinary dancer when she first arrived, to now just blending in the background doing mediocre choreography that is too easy for her.  This can't be good for her actual dance training.  Also illustrates how Abby just picks a girl to be her "favorite" for a while, and then drops them when she gets bored.  

I thought Maddie's dancing looked really good in her solo - she looked strong, like she has somehow actually improved dance wise despite everything else going on.   

• Love 3

I also feel so confused by Kalani -- why is she there?  Her mom is not around to provide drama, there is no focus on her anymore... she is way older then these girls, and I feel like she's gone from being a really extraordinary dancer when she first arrived, to now just blending in the background doing mediocre choreography that is too easy for her.  This can't be good for her actual dance training.  Also illustrates how Abby just picks a girl to be her "favorite" for a while, and then drops them when she gets bored.  

I thought Maddie's dancing looked really good in her solo - she looked strong, like she has somehow actually improved dance wise despite everything else going on.   

Abby isn't in charge of casting the TV show.  I feel bad for Kalani too, it must be boring as she gets older.  Hopefully she's doing things she loves on her off time.  I'm sure her mother will be back soon,  you can't keep that fame whore down for too long. 

I would guess Maddie's improved because of her work with professional teachers and choreographers.  All of the childlike movements have disappeared.  Of course they had to throw a million turns in Maddie's dance because she was back at the dance competitions and that's all that matters.

So, I'm just curious.  Do you think Jill's hair extension have their own contract?  Insurance policy?  All I know is they're the only thing I can focus on when she's on the screen.

I think the show must have hired some bored hair stylists and they have contests to see who can make the most clown like dance mom.  This includes the new ones too.  I've never seen such hideous hair on grown women. 

• Love 2

Maddie was Abby's horse to ride to fame, I think Abby has real affection for all things Kalani.  It showed on AUDC when she saved her and how she spoke to her when she was eventually eliminated.  I think Kalani is there as long as she chooses to be.

I liked both solos a lot, and both girls did them well; Maddie does look more polished than she did, but no more than Brynn, and yes a boy did win, good old penis points!  I enjoyed the group dance too, they conveyed the emotion and did a much better job selling it to the judges this week.  I noticed that it wasn't choreographed as Maddie and her back-up dancers, probably why enjoyed it.

The big girls were adorable with the Minis, I thought the Mini dance was fun too.

Jess, don't be mean!  Jill is insane and delusional, Ashlee while not quite as bad - was pretty provocative.  I'm pretty sure that Abby gave Brynn the sassy musical theatre-like jazz piece to prove a point to Jill.

Yay Nia, first picked to join in the Seventeen fun!

Probably from me, since I keep referring to Jill having some blood feud with a 10 year old. But I really just picked 10 out of the air, and Brynn looks 10 to me. So...my bad!

lol, no worries... I do the same thing, but my go to age is 12.

• Love 1

Also if Brynn's mom is to be believed, which I don't know if she is, she claimed Kendall made a comment to Brynn that she shouldn't be in group pics with the rest of the girls because she's not part of the team--and Nia had to tell Kendall that wasn't nice. I tend to think Kendall probably did just because Jill didn't even try to deny it. She just didn't see anything wrong with what Kendall supposedly said. Plus it seems likely that if anybody was going to put a stop to that nonsense it would be Nia.

I have a feeling Kendall hears things from her mother and then likes to say things to the other girls and pretend she's joking.

Yeah, I have came to the same conclusion which I stated earlier. On the show, Jill is messy. She is not the type of parent to admit her child was not acting nicely. Her fake joke was mean spirited. I assume most of us are girls and understand the mean girl persona in a girl group. Sometimes, some girls overlook things to belong even the exceptional level-headed kid. Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 3

Nia - June 20, 2001

Kalani - Sept. 23, 2000

Nia is less than a year younger than Kalani so she's not exactly way older than everyone. Although she'll be 16 this year, this show suits younger dancers better IMO.

The Kalani thing doesn't make a lot of sense but every week my admiration for this young lady as a real person grows.  Did you notice how she gave both Maddie and Brynn pep talks before their solos? She does this routinely and has always been willing to play a supporting role for the good of the team.  My sense is that she has become sort of a de facto den mother to many of the girls.  There may be some questions about Kira, her actions and motives but none about her raising a first class teenager who has all of the makings of a fine young adult.

• Love 2

Oh I agree with all of you -- I like Kalani a lot!  I think she's a great dancer and seems like a great kid.  I just sometimes wonder what she's doing there.  I also agree that Kalani will stick around as long as she wants, as I think Abby does really like her.  

• Love 1

Kalani is there because her mother is a stage mom. Kalani wasn't fame. Unfortunately being on reality tv is going nowhere. She should be training at a good studio right now. She's 15 going on 16 at the end of summer. That's a really important age.

I assumed that Kalani not getting picked for Seventeen had less to do with her being too old and more to do with the fact that compared to her Maddie still looks like a child. I think Nia still looks young enough that she and Maddie could be contemporaries, especially when she is dressed her age, but Kalani looks like a high schooler headed to college and Maddie looks like an eighth grader about to start high school.

I thought Madddie's dance was so good!! She truly is talented. I'm a big JoJo and Brynn fan as well. I like Nia as a person but my gosh she just is so many levels behind with her dancing. How is someone who has competed for years so bad? She looks like my beginners classes. Kendall needs to go to boot camp and build up her muscles, she could be much better if she was in good shape.

I thought Madddie's dance was so good!! She truly is talented. I'm a big JoJo and Brynn fan as well. I like Nia as a person but my gosh she just is so many levels behind with her dancing. How is someone who has competed for years so bad? She looks like my beginners classes. Kendall needs to go to boot camp and build up her muscles, she could be much better if she was in good shape.

I think Nia is doing as well as she is capable of doing.  Not everyone can be an extraordinary dancer.   Also, not everyone has the capacity to be super toned.  Some have lower muscle tone than others.  Nia has a strong muscle tone like her mother.  Kendall has a lower muscle tone, like her mother.

It reminds of when Abbie was complaining about Mackenzie not being able to do multiple turns or something and Melissa yelled that "you're her teacher, it's your fault!".  Ridiculous on both parts.  Teachers can only teach students to reach their top potential.   And that will only happen if students want to reach their top potential.  Most dance student's top potential will not look like Maddie's top potential.  Parents and teachers have to be realistic. 

I thought that it was very sweet to see Kenzie talking about her little mini-me, and attempting to help out.  She's back to looking very tiny in the group dancer, and out of place with the girls who have gone through or are going through puberty. 

Maddie's dance was wondeful, and had a spark that I haven't seen in her in years.  She looks like a young lady now, very grownn up.  I would have liked to have seen the boy that beat her, to see if it was penis points at work.  That said, she needs to watch her gossiping on set.  It's not her place to talk about Jill or Kendall, though I  can't imagine where she leanred to be catty and gossipy behind other's backs.  It's not like her mother....oh, wait. 

Every mother came off poorly in this episode, though Holly seems to be dialing back the crazy.  I thought the older girls were nice and couteous to the photographers.  Whether or not they were chosen for the shoot, the each thanked the men and didn't pout.  That can be hard at their ages, especially when rejection comes right in front of yoru friends.

I feel like people are going to be angry about what I'm about to say, but I'm watching the replay of this episode... And I do not like the leotards with no bottoms/tights for the solo costumes. I'm a little late, I'm normally multitasking so I glance every once in a while but I don't sit and watch but I was able to just now, and it made me feel gross... I'm not trying to be mean or inappropriate, but it skeeves me out. I grew up taking dance and we never would have dreamed of performing without at the least tights. I know that's the trend now, but I just don't like it... They are fully covered like a swim suit so it's not hugely inappropriate, but I guess I feel like it's different in a swim suit than a dance costume. Even gymnasts do it and I get that but not to be gross but they aren't doing many leg lifts/kicks/ splits that are essentially crotch shots.

• Love 2

They aren't? Gymnastic routines are full of splits, kicks, and spread eagle positions. I'm sure that like gymnasts and figure skaters the dancers are making liberal use of the sticky spray that keeps your Leo where it belongs.

• Love 1