Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: False Face, False Heart

Harlee refuses to give Stahl incriminating evidence against Wozniak but hands over a fully resolved unoffical investigation that Tess and Espara initiated when they moved a body by Tess' house found to be murdered with a 3D printed gun.  Wozniak confronts Harlee who executes a dangerous bluff.

So Detective Woz likes dick?  OK!

I know, right? Totally did not see that coming.

I thought this episode was pretty good...I think in general it takes most shows about three episodes to find their legs, or to at least establish what they're about, and this episode managed to do a lot. We got more background on some characters and the moments that were supposed to be suspenseful worked for me. The scene on the dock with Harlee and Woz was great, and that took serious ovaries of steel on Harlee's part. She took a risk, playing on Woz's fondness for her, and it paid off. For now, anyway.

Ok, I was really confused about the Tess storyline at first, and then it clicked for me about halfway through the episode, I think because I had trouble hearing a couple lines. At first I thought she had moved the body closer to her house because she didn't want to sell it and thought that a murder occurring close to it would drive people away. But then I was like, they're gonna be able to tell she moved the body so she's just digging an unnecessary hole for herself...but then I realized that she was trying to hide the body because a murder on the street would drive property values down and she really needed to sell the house (for the money and because she thinks it'll help her marriage). Drea is much more entertaining in worried cop mode than weepy wife mode. And she and the guy who plays the Hispanic cop bounce off of each other really well.

Oof, Loman is really fucking shit up. Why would you try to get closer with someone who knew the guy you killed when the guilt is eating at you? I'm even more positive that he's not going to make it out of this season alive. Maybe Harlee will try and pin the mole thing on him if he drags her down with his guilt?

So yeah, Stahl...previous partner killed on the job, in a bitter custody battle with his ex-wife, and not having much of any control over his own case...dude is gonna snap. Harlee making sure he could hear her having sex with the ADA was fucking savage and probably the most I've liked her so far.

• Love 4

So Detective Woz likes dick?  OK!

Well he is a dick so... But I enjoyed that moment so much because it was so very random.  Here they are talking about killing Harlee and suddenly they're making out.  Sometimes there's nothing as fun as a never-saw-it-coming surprise like this one.

And moments like that one, or when Harlee threw on the wire when she seduced the ADA or even the interesting conclusion about how the dead kid died are reasons why I think I just love this show.  I don't know if it's great TV but it's a lot of fun for me.

• Love 8

So Detective Woz likes dick? OK!

Woz has a secret corrupt boyfriend. It's nice when couples have something in common and have shared hobbies.

At first I was irritated with the FBI because of how inept they were, but I remembered how stupid Loman and Drea's characters were and wondered how anyone catches anyone else on this show.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5

Woz and that guy kissing out of nowhere had me choking out, "what?!" Haha. Totally didn't see that coming.

Loman is making me cringe, he's making things so much worse by involving himself with the mourners, getting that woman's number. Though I think he's planning to kill himself, so perhaps he's trying to make things "right" first.

"I'm gonna go get a cookie... process this betrayal." or however it went, made me laugh out loud.

If they keep the Harlee/Stahl thing adversarial, then I'm into it. But with her putting her wire on so he could hear her get hot and heavy with a guy, and his "take off your dress/I own you" business, I'm thinking they're going to pair them up romantically (or at least sexually) and you know... I really don't want to go there.

I don't usually watch cop shows, so I don't know how this measures up in general, but what I'm enjoying so far is that Woz already suspects (or suspected) the right person, so we get to see how long Harlee can weasel her way out of sticky situations.

• Love 1

It can't be said enough but that FBI? C.I.A. guy is a creep! Yes, he's got personal stuff going on but he is bringing it to the job. No bueno. I worry that he is going to get Harlee's cover blown and killed! She's lucky Woz didn't call her bluff.

• Love 5

It can't be said enough but that FBI? C.I.A. guy is a creep! Yes, he's got personal stuff going on but he is bringing it to the job. No bueno. I worry that he is going to get Harlee's cover blown and killed! She's lucky Woz didn't call her bluff.

I actually like that he's kind of a psycho + the acor plays him well and it made that last scene even more hilarious.

• Love 5

So Detective Woz likes dick? OK!

This is what happens when you step out of the room, don't bother to rewind or DVR this show then you see this on a message board.  Now you people are forcing me to watch it again just to watch this scene. 

After watching 3 episodes, all I hear is Jeremy Renner's crack about her "Golden Globes" at last year's ceremony.  And I completely understand.  Especially at her "LOOK AT ME!" rant at the marina.  I was like "I need to find that bra post haste."

Is this show perfect? Hell no.  But the DVR numbers are going to make it last through the full 13 episodes.  And while it seems that Harlee is a smarter cop that Drea's character (still don't know her name) I liked that for ONCE there were two female detectives going over a potential crime scene. 

• Love 5

I was certainly enthralled by Woz's big reveal. And on my own personal Saperstein Watch, I saw him upgraded this week from Exposition Delivery System to someone with at least one personal characteristic (online-dating a Brazilian woman). Maybe someday he'll be part of an actual subplot.

After watching 3 episodes, all I hear is Jeremy Renner's crack about her "Golden Globes" at last year's ceremony.  And I completely understand.  Especially at her "LOOK AT ME!" rant at the marina.  I was like "I need to find that bra post haste."

I do have to give kudos to the wardrobe department because they are making J. Lo look well endowed and we know she has it all in the back not the front. I also need that bra immediately!

So now the crazy FBI guy is acting like he should be on the cancelled show "Stalker" get a grip dude seriously.

• Love 4

Have gave this show three tries. I don't care about any of the characters. There is nothing redeeming about any of them save the FBI agent. Like Sons of Anarchy any one of them can catch a bullet in the face and I wouldn't care.

On another note, The Lucy & Ethel clause must be written in her contract, JLo is the only one who can look pretty. So she looks too "Hollywood" while the others look plain and realistic.

Y'all enjoy.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4

This is what happens when you step out of the room, don't bother to rewind or DVR this show then you see this on a message board.  Now you people are forcing me to watch it again just to watch this scene. 

At least you can go back and rewind! I decided to play a game of Pet Rescue Saga and wasn't watching the screen and missed this altogether and only learned about it when I came on the board. Gah! Kicking myself right now.

I do have to give kudos to the wardrobe department because they are making J. Lo look well endowed and we know she has it all in the back not the front. I also need that bra immediately!

So now the crazy FBI guy is acting like he should be on the canceled show "Stalker" get a grip dude seriously.

I believe he was on Stalker. He was Dylan McDermott's ex-wife's boyfriend.

• Love 4

I was wanting to say last week that someone on the show would be revealed as having a gay affair, but I didn't know how to put it in spoilers. I must say, I'm shocked! I had my eye on either the more experienced black cop or the Saperstein character. The tough hotheaded super masculine Detective Woz enjoys man flesh. Go figure! This show promised a series of surprises so I suspect this is just the first of many.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

I was wanting to say last week that someone on the show would be revealed as having a gay affair, but I didn't know how to put it in spoilers. I must say, I'm shocked! I had my eye on either the more experienced black guy or the Saperstein character. The tough hotheaded super masculine Detective Woz enjoys man flesh. This show promised a series of surprises so I suspect this is just the first of many.

It's actually the 2nd. JLo's baby daddy, the soon to be ex-con, as the first surprise. I'm sure that will bring some added drama into the mix.

Edited by preeya

The tough hotheaded super masculine Detective Woz enjoys man flesh. Go figure!

We come in every color and nationality. Effeminate, hyper masculine and everything in between. We're cool like that. :) Edited by Jazz42
  • Love 9

I can totally do without that other woman cop who, last week, beat up a bar waitress, then this week moves a freaking DEAD BODY because it will bring property value down? Honey, that empty lot with a gigantic dumpster in it will bring it down all by itself. That character/actress needs to be got gone soon.

Love the black cop/white cop partners who were cracking up about learning Portuguese from the Brazilian hooker. One of the best scenes this week. More of them, NO MORE of the crazy woman cop.

While I have nothing against gay affairs, I foresee Woz getting in trouble with his.

Jlo forgetting to lock up that file cabinet and put the key back? Please! Big fail.

The last scene with Jlo turning on her transmitter so the FBI guy could get his psycho freak on made me LOL. Best part of the show, right behind the black cop/white cop partners.

• Love 5
So now the crazy FBI guy is acting like he should be on the canceled show "Stalker" get a grip dude seriously.

I believe he was on Stalker. He was Dylan McDermott's ex-wife's boyfriend.

True that.  I'm glad Warren Kole's being utilized better on this show. Man, Stalker was all kinds of awful.

I kind of hate when these ensemble shows have too many people and just TOO many storylines going on in one episode. It gets me bored too easily. Could not have cared less about Tess's moving the body thing.

• Love 2

If they keep the Harlee/Stahl thing adversarial, then I'm into it. But with her putting her wire on so he could hear her get hot and heavy with a guy, and his "take off your dress/I own you" business, I'm thinking they're going to pair them up romantically (or at least sexually) and you know... I really don't want to go there.

Ugh, I hope not. I found nothing sexy about him threatening her in the restroom, it was totally gross. And I saw her turning up the volume on the wire to be taunting, yes, but not in a sexual way. I really don't know how they'd make them romantic from here without it coming off as skeevy.

So do we think Woz is just gay with his wife as the beard, or bi? Because if he's bi then it can be the ratings battle of actors from Oscar-nominated movies playing bisexual characters once How to Get Away with Murder comes back.

• Love 4

yeah no Harlee wasn't looking to turn Stahl on that would be weird after what happened in the toilet, I took it more like she figured out that he had a thing for her and she wanted to piss him off, I don't see anything romantic happening there well I hope not.

• Love 5

I actually like that he's kind of a psycho + the acor plays him well and it made that last scene even more hilarious.

No doubt about it. The guy who plays the creep is doing a fantastic job. I really don't like him and he makes me feel sympathetic for Harlee when I wouldn't otherwise. 

• Love 1

TvGuide.com article on Woz and Donnie. Mildly spoilerish.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/shades-of-blue-secret-gay-romance-explained/

"It was not a gimmick or a stunt," showrunner Jack Orman tells TVGuide.com. "It's part of his character. We're trying to tell stories with rich multi-dimensional people." Giving the strong leader a secret adds more components to the character's story.

Surely power and control factor into sexual attraction for a character like Woz, too. As hundreds of pop songs have said over the ages, sex can be a weapon; physical intimacy sometimes springs up in relationships simply because both parties know they shouldn't, which makes it exciting and alluring. "That relationship is not what it seems," Orman says. "It' isn't simply a love affair."

How Woz and Donnie's relationship evolves in future episodes isn't clear now, but additional episodes sent to critics reveal

that this isn't the last time we'll see Woz with a guy - and his secret doesn't remain undiscovered either.

Edited by Jazz42

I can see the FBI guy being all po'd at JLo and attacking her (sexually) after that bathroom wire scene and his listening to her turn it on with the files guy. Then I can see JLo killing him in self defense, thereby getting rid of one FBI problem. Yeah, that's the ticket.

It's actually kinda cool that Woz is gay, or even better, bi.

Wozniak being gay (or bi, unless his wife is a beard), was certainly a twist I didn't see coming.  I'm really curious to see more of this character.  And the way his paranoia is causing him to freak out.  Ray Liotta is going all out in this role.

Harlee continues to make dumb mistakes like not locking the cabinet and forgetting to put the key back (not to mention telling another lie that can easily be refuted), yet continues to be able to escape Woz's wrath by the skin of her teeth.  It is kind of impressive.  And I'm surprisingly buying Jennifer Lopez' vulnerability throughout all of this.  I guess she is better then I thought.  Or I'm just really blinded by all the cleavage she keeps showing.

But it sure isn't blinding me from how creepy Stahl is.  The dude really has gone past merely trying to solve the case, but seems to take some kind of pervasive pleasure in tormenting Harlee.  And that scene with his ex and son just makes me think that he is a guy who is just going to snap at some point.  Warren Kole certainly was reaching back to his stints from The Following and Stalker here.

Tess continues to be a fuck-up, I guess.  She moved the body because she didn't want it to ruin her property value, because she thinks moving will save her marriage?  If you are going this far, just accept the marriage is dead.  The other cop continues to be a saint for sticking with her.

Oh, Lumen.  This is not going to end well.  Bad idea, all around.

• Love 4

This show, THUS FAR...hmm, I dunno. Maybe, in a comedy category(?).

One cop is so obsessed in retaining her husband/marriage that she persists in performing outlandishly criminal actions? 'Chile', just give it up‼

The cop(yes, Lumen/Loman, you) who shot an innocent person is unraveling mighty quickly and extra mighty stupidly.

Geez❗ Are Loman, Wozniak and Stahl ever NOT freakin' out?

Why are Tweedledee and Tweedle(dumbass)-- the boring male cop duo-- in THIS fictitious tale? Were they made redundant in Alice in Wonderland?

And, Harlee...attempting to lay the groundwork for a protector with power or, simply a f_ _k YOU to Stahl...? Otherwise, really, what was the purpose of that scene? Whaat!? Oh, yeah, perhaps, to stroke Jlo's ego among her other parts.

*Yes, Giselle in the ABOVE⬆, Jennifer Lopez IS the only woman allowed to be tailored, buffed, highly glossed, and 'tastefully' stylized in her concocted flesh-baring scenes.

...and the winner(?) in best(?) comedy...

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Ha! This thread was more entertaining than the episode.  And yes, I, too, was mesmerized by how great that bra showcased JLo's girls. 

The tough hotheaded super masculine Detective Woz enjoys man flesh. Go figure! 

Man flesh? I cannot. Now I'm picturing Christopher Lee as Saruman. Puts on a whole new spin on LOTR.

Wozniak might be bisexual.  I also let out a "WTF?" but it wasn't so much the kiss as the context. Even the actor playing opposite Liotta seemed momentarily confused, heh. 

I actually don't think Lopez looks that glammed up vs Drea de Matteo.  Maybe it's the HD, but she isn't flawless to me.  They're both gorgeous, look younger than they are.  Alas, we're rarely, if ever, gonna see a female Liotta headlining a show.  Still, Lopez and de Matteo are beautiful but don't look fragile.  So it works for me.  I wish the latter wasn't burdened with the weepy wife schtick, but NOTHING about this show is subtle.  

I still don't feel that bad for Harlee, but Lopez is selling the increasing shitstorm she's in.  Clearly, I'm not meant to take this case seriously - wasn't Harlee supposed to be "arrested" by the end of the day?  Yet, she's getting it on with the lumbersexual ADA. Which I'm fine with!  I don't recall where I've seen Gino Anthony Pesi before, but he can hang around as long as he likes.      

The FBI agent is annoying.  I was hoping the show was moving away from the creepy sexual vibe, but nope, too much to hope for.  I wish the Asian or black lady was the lead field agent - at least their characters, however minuscule, appear capable of doing the job without raging all over the place.  I also wish the veteran black detective wasn't a walking stereotype.  Hampton Fluker is quite yummy (minus the pierced ears), and funny. He can stay as well, especially if he continues to rock the Henleys.  

They're not even trying to integrate Loman into the team, so like others have mentioned, I remain suspicious that he won't last beyond this season. And that's assuming he makes it to the 13th episode. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1

I posted in a previous episode thread that this show reminded me in a bad way  of the Lifetime show Against the Wall. This plotline with Loman going and befriending the family of the man he killed was actually done in a similar way on that show! On AtW it was the mother of the cop who killed the guy befriending the mother of the guy who got killed, without telling her who she was.  They also did this plot (in fact it looks to be precisely the same plot) on Rookie Blue around the same time, where one of the detectives starts to fall for the sister of a man he killed and doesn't tell her who he is.

This is not a good sign.

Edited by ratgirlagogo

A lot of people on Facebook are highly irritated with the Detective Woz revelation. Many have called it as coming out of nowhere, and they're going to quit watching the show. I think Detective Woz having a gay affair is a good move for a show like this. I do not think that it's just something gratuitous, but something that will tie in with the main plot somehow. I can see someone finding out about it and blackmailing him with it. I just know someone is gonna catch him having sex with Donnie and they'll either take pictures or they'll pre-arrange to have a video camera taping the fuck fest. We now officially have 3 subplots in addition to the main narrative. I think I'd be slightly more interested in Tess's drama if we got to see her husband. Shouldn't we at least know what this man looks like since Tess is making all kinds of dumb moves because of him?

Edited by Syndicate

A lot of people on Facebook are highly irritated with the Detective Woz revelation. Many have called it as coming out of nowhere, and they're going to quit watching the show. I think Detective Woz having a gay affair is a good move for a show like this. I do not think that it's just something gratuitous, but something that will tie in with the main plot somehow. I can see someone finding out about it and blackmailing him with it. I just know someone is gonna catch him having sex with Donnie and they'll either take pictures or they'll pre-arrange to have a video camera taping the fuck fest. We now officially have 3 subplots in addition to the main narrative. I think I'd be slightly more interested in Tess's drama if we got to see her husband. Shouldn't we at least know what this man looks like since Tess is making all kinds of dumb moves because of him?

Weird that people are giving up the show because of Woz's sexuality. Not that it's weird that there are still homophobes running around out there, but I just didn't imagine that there was a huge crossover between people who are homophobic and people who would otherwise enjoy a corrupt cop drama starring Jennifer Lopez that touches on sensitive issues like police brutality.

I don't even need the thing with Woz to tie directly into the main narrative; in about 70 years of television there have probably been thousands of heterosexual relationships that didn't tie in with their show's main narrative. If all it does is provide moments to look more into Liotta's character, then I'm fine with that too. I'm just tired of people using the "it's so pointless and not every show has to be gay!" excuse when it's clear they're just grossed out by two dudes kissing. If the IA person was a woman that Woz was cheating on his wife with, the same people would not have batted an eye.

• Love 11

I think I'd be slightly more interested in Tess's drama if we got to see her husband. Shouldn't we at least know what this man looks like since Tess is making all kinds of dumb moves because of him?

I assume the Tess drama will be another twist where her husband is revealed to be someone of importance - maybe he works for the FBI, maybe he's in on Wozniak's scheme, etc.  That's probably why we haven't seen him yet.  We still have several episodes to go, but I suspect most, if not all, of these "twists" mostly serve to detract from the weak central storyline.

Because, really, Wozniak is clearly not stupid.  If he wanted to double-check Harlee for a wire, he could have simply told her to turn around. It's not like he's never seen a barely clothed woman before, and if he was so suspicious of Harlee, I can't believe he wouldn't have done so.  The marina scene was so ridiculous.       

Weird that people are giving up the show because of Woz's sexuality. Not that it's weird that there are still homophobes running around out there, but I just didn't imagine that there was a huge crossover between people who are homophobic and people who would otherwise enjoy a corrupt cop drama starring Jennifer Lopez that touches on sensitive issues like police brutality.

Weird for all the reasons you gave.    Also weird because as a plotline it's something that could actually get the show out of the plotline corner it's otherwise painted into.

I assume the Tess drama will be another twist where her husband is revealed to be someone of importance - maybe he works for the FBI, maybe he's in on Wozniak's scheme, etc.  That's probably why we haven't seen him yet.  We still have several episodes to go, but I suspect most, if not all, of these "twists" mostly serve to detract from the weak central storyline.

Tess's husband was suppose to be in this episode the actor is even listed in the credit at the beginning of the episode (Mark Deklin). a last minute edit I guess.

Because, really, Wozniak is clearly not stupid.  If he wanted to double-check Harlee for a wire, he could have simply told her to turn around. It's not like he's never seen a barely clothed woman before, and if he was so suspicious of Harlee, I can't believe he wouldn't have done so.  The marina scene was so ridiculous.       

He is suspicious but adores her, she and her daughter are family to him; he wants to believe her.  I thought that scene was good!   She passed the lie detector, did her tell when he knew she was not lying and stripped to show him she didn't have a wire.  I suspect it is important for the plot that he believe her.  Harlee will shift the focus to the black man who shot the drug dealer/coach.  Woz will have him shot and he will then relax with her.   And, of course, Harlee will continue to work with the FBI.  

I like this show!  

• Love 4

Wasn't the guy the new cop shot by mistake a drug dealer? Wasn't there a gym bag of drugs plus a pistol in the apartment? And now the neighborhood and his family is all, "Contribute money to help us, the family of the beloved husband/brother/son who was mysteriously murdered?"

Maybe I missed something, but I don't get it.

Tess's husband was suppose to be in this episode the actor is even listed in the credit at the beginning of the episode (Mark Deklin). a last minute edit I guess.

Ah yes, I saw his name in the credits! But didn't think anything of it when he wasn't shown on screen.  I wonder if the last-minute edit meant there was some kind of change in the writing's direction later on.  

Wasn't the guy the new cop shot by mistake a drug dealer? Wasn't there a gym bag of drugs plus a pistol in the apartment? And now the neighborhood and his family is all, "Contribute money to help us, the family of the beloved husband/brother/son who was mysteriously murdered?"

Unfortunately, there are people who don't care if their family member or friend is a menace to the neighborhood.  Especially if said dealer "gives back" as the murdered man did, if I recall correctly.  The little boy being clueless makes sense.  It was the mom that I found more frustrating.  I don't want to get into the class and racial dynamics, though, so I'll leave it there.     

He is suspicious but adores her, she and her daughter are family to him; he wants to believe her.  I thought that scene was good!   She passed the lie detector, did her tell when he knew she was not lying and stripped to show him she didn't have a wire.  I suspect it is important for the plot that he believe her.  Harlee will shift the focus to the black man who shot the drug dealer/coach.  Woz will have him shot and he will then relax with her.   And, of course, Harlee will continue to work with the FBI.  

I like this show!  

See, if Wozniak hadn't pulled a gun on her, I might see it this way.  He seemingly intended to kill her, if not threaten her - otherwise, he could have chosen any other non-isolated place to confront her with his suspicions. I definitely agree it's important to the plot that he believe her. I confess that I'm not invested in Wozniak and Harlee's friendship because it's too early in the game for me to care about his paranoia.  To me, that marina scene would have had more impact if there was more build up. The writers made him astute enough, and Harlee reckless enough, to make him suspicious this early on, so I get annoyed when plot contrivance invokes the stupid stick. I'll get over it.     

Edited by ribboninthesky1

See, if Wozniak hadn't pulled a gun on her, I might see it this way.  He seemingly intended to kill her, if not threaten her - otherwise, he could have chosen any other non-isolated place to confront her with his suspicions. I definitely agree it's important to the plot that he believe her. I confess that I'm not invested in Wozniak and Harlee's friendship because it's too early in the game for me to care about his paranoia.  To me, that marina scene would have had more impact if there was more build up. The writers made him astute enough, and Harlee reckless enough, to make him suspicious this early on, so I get annoyed when plot contrivance invokes the stupid stick. I'll get over it.     

I get what you are saying.  The main reason I watch reality TV, mostly,  is that I tired of the ho hum predictable scripted crime dramas.  This one, for me, is better than the run of the mill.  And that could very well  be because it has been so long since I have watched them.  I was drawn to it because I like Jennifer's acting and it had a good cast; the promo work they did was good, too. 

I am being forgiving because I really want to like it.  I never watched Lost, Breaking Bad or other popular scripted shows.  I am taking a leap here with this one.  Time will tell.  I could very well be back here in 4 weeks disgusted with the predictability!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I have no personal experience with an issue like this but I think it might be complicated. While he had the gun and drugs (most likely with the intent to distribute), I think the basic police rule is not to shoot to kill unless they believe their life or the life of someone else is in danger, which was not the case at the time of the bust, as he wouldn't have had a chance to reach for his gun once they'd broken in. Also, even drug dealers have a constitutional right to their day in court. I feel it's more about the general principle than the specific instance. There's also a lot of complicated racial and class politics that contribute to someone becoming a drug dealer in the first place, but I think that discussion goes beyond the scope of this show and thread.

• Love 3

I get what you are saying.  The main reason I watch reality TV, mostly,  is that I tired of the ho hum predictable scripted crime dramas.  This one, for me, is better than the run of the mill.  And that could very well  be because it has been so long since I have watched them.  I was drawn to it because I like Jennifer's acting and it had a good cast; the promo work they did was good, too. 

I understand.  We agree on the cast - they're saving the show, so far, for me.  

• Love 2

Woz and that guy kissing out of nowhere had me choking out, "what?!" Haha. Totally didn't see that coming.

Wait, what?!   This is what happens when I half pay attention to a show while doing laundry ...

Three episodes in, and already I feel like there is way too much going on at the same time.   

• Love 1

I posted in a previous episode thread that this show reminded me in a bad way  of the Lifetime show Against the Wall. This plotline with Loman going and befriending the family of the man he killed was actually done in a similar way on that show! On AtW it was the mother of the cop who killed the guy befriending the mother of the guy who got killed, without telling her who she was.  They also did this plot (in fact it looks to be precisely the same plot) on Rookie Blue around the same time, where one of the detectives starts to fall for the sister of a man he killed and doesn't tell her who he is.

This is not a good sign.

I am trying to figure out how could she not know who he was. Sure New York is a big city with a lot of news but an officer killing someone still makes the news there and even gets mentioned nationwide even if there was no political activism.

• Love 2

I had a love hate relationship with this:  Not the biggest JLo fan...but I adore Liotta.

That said -- the hubs and I are down for this show now.  While the whole Brokeback Wozniak came outta left field...was a genuine WTF moment in a good way.   And Liotta isn't universally dumb when it comes to picking projects...so I trust he gets the character arch enough to feel like he can take it where it's supposed to go.  And, while I am biased...he is owning the shit outta his part.  Would not be surprised to see him get some love in the nomination department at Emmy time.

Please, for the love of God...do something more with Drea! 

• Love 2

I already made a joke about this show being the Bizarro Brooklyn 99 -- the protagonist is a hot, likeable Latino/Latina (Okay I don't even get if Jake Peralta is supposed to be Latino - I think I was told his last name is Spanish) who in real life is a singer... Ha!  And the Chief has a love/hate relationship with the protagonist whom they are mentoring.  And now it's revealed that both Chiefs are gay!!!   Let the parallels continue.

I think Wozniak is gay, not bisexual.  Why was he so grossed out by J.Lo's amazing body?  LOL !! Is it that he sees her as a daughter?

J.Lo's body , face, and hair are amazing in this show.  She is not doing a bad job.  And the ADA she is putting it on is hot.  When it came to Drea's subplot I almost wanted to turn it off forever.  I only follow about half of the proceedings.  But then the last 15 minutes were good.  FBI guy is disgusting.

Yet, she's getting it on with the lumbersexual ADA. Which I'm fine with!  I don't recall where I've seen Gino Anthony Pesi before, but he can hang around as long as he likes.

I guess "lumbersexual" is one of my types; have you seen Ron Swanson?  Hello!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I already made a joke about this show being the Bizarro Brooklyn 99 -- the protagonist is a hot, likeable Latino/Latina (Okay I don't even get if Jake Peralta is supposed to be Latino - I think I was told his last name is Spanish) who in real life is a singer... Ha! And the Chief has a love/hate relationship with the protagonist whom they are mentoring. And now it's revealed that both Chiefs are gay!!! Let the parallels continue.

I think Wozniak is gay, not bisexual. Why was he so grossed out by J.Lo's amazing body? LOL !! Is it that he sees her as a daughter?

J.Lo's body , face, and hair are amazing in this show. She is not doing a bad job. And the ADA she is putting it on is hot. When it came to Drea's subplot I almost wanted to turn it off forever. I only follow about half of the proceedings. But then the last 15 minutes were good. FBI guy is disgusting.

I guess "lumbersexual" is one of my types; have you seen Ron Swanson? Hello!

I tend to believe that Wozniak sees Harlee as a daughter figure. Therefore he didn't like seeing her undressed. I think Wozniak is bisexual.
  • Love 3
When it came to Drea's subplot I almost wanted to turn it off forever.

I mean are they afraid that Drea will overshadow Lopez if they give her meaty material? I don't see it that way because I like them both. I tuned in to see JLo first, I buy her as an actress. She's always been believable to me which I was pleasantly surprised by since dancing was her initial profession.  That was her first love back in the Bronx, NY, growing up, I believe she went to school for dance. Then the music and the dancing combined.  But I'm always pleasantly surprised when people in the music business turn out to be pretty decent actors.

She's not great. But hell, a lot of  them aren't great and unlike JLo, acting is their first profession and unfortunately, I've wasted money paying to see some of them so...  I'm not going to hate on JLo.

I saw that Liotta and Matteo were going to be on the show as well and then I really got excited because she was able to get some real, quality actors as her co-stars.

So I hope they stop wasting Matteo already.

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

With the discussion of J Lo maybe dressing too "hot" compared to the rest of the cast, it reminded me of something I wanted to mention about this episode.

I think the casual tee shirt feels right for the character even if she does look really good in it.  But what cracked me up about this episode is that she pranced around in a short-sleeved tee the day after she had passed a lie detector test by giving herself a nasty burn on her arm.   And she learned this technique thanks to Woz.  Wouldn't it make sense to cover up that burn so it's not obvious to him that you felt a need to trick the test?

• Love 3