Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Mini Dancers, Big Drama

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The mini team arrives at the ALDC L.A. as Abby stresses over the new dancers and her continuing legal troubles. Meanwhile, Kendall's position on the Junior Competition team is threatened; and Jill goes after Ashlee and Brynn.

I can't believe the moms were whining about Abby leaving the competition. She got a call from her lawyer about probably going to jail.  Even if she totally deserves to go to jail, I'm going to give her a pass on not watching the dance. It's not like it was a real competition anyway. In the shots of the audience that place looked deserted except for the ALDC.

I don't even get why the moms were annoyed that Abby was working with the mini team. She brought in instructors to work with the girls, and they probably were better, nicer, and more attentive than Abby would have been.

• Love 5

Jill is so dumb saying Abby can't forget the original girls, yet half the original girls are GONE. The original girls were Chloe, Paige, Brooke, Nia, Maddie and Mackenzie. Kalani, JoJo and KENDALL are not originals. That whole scene of her yelling at Brynn and calling her stupid was just wrong and uncalled for. I felt horrible for Brynn who did nothing wrong.

Sorry Jill, wake up KenDULL doesn't have star quality. She's not the next Maddie and Brynn is a MUCH better dancer than she is. Kendall lacks charisma, variety, and has zero stage prescene. Just another bland pretty face on stage. I zone out everytime she dances.

• Love 4

Jill is ridiculous, and so annoying. If she is the "featured" Dance Mom this season, I'm going to have to be alert and ready to hit the mute button every time she appears in a scene.

Kendall is okay in the group numbers, she blends in, but I rarely care for her solo performances. She doesn't seem connected to the music and if she has any passion for dance, it certainly isn't conveyed on stage.

• Like 1

All of the above is true and more! I think the worst moment for me was when Brynn said she wasn't in front of Kendall in response to Jill's comment to her and then Jill tells her she should know to not talk back to her elders or some such thing. I will be the first to discipline a child but what Brynn did was not talking back but explaining herself. And no one has more of a bratty attitude than Kendall - we've seen her repeatedly talk back to Jill and I'm not talking about just telling Jill to stop talking.

Out of all the members - Kendall is the most forgettable. You could see production skewed it to look like Kendall was the leader this episode with the talk before the hip - hop routine went out on stage and the talk after winning to the minis. Also - in teen category there were only 2 trophies - Kendall had a 50/50 chance at first - was this another made up competition? I would expect so with the number of kids on stage for the awards and the number of people in the audience. Usually there are lots of kids outside the venue - here nothing - or maybe they just aren't as popular in LA.

Jojo rocked her dance but the boys were not all that - not saying they aren't good - but there is no way Abby's team beat two other LA hip - hop numbers - sorry!

I also think these "calls" are fake - always coming at the most inopportune times. Not saying Abby doesn't have these types of calls during filming - but I think it's another production ploy to add drama.

Even though Kendall is the most forgettable - her mom isn't - hence why Kendall will stay. Maddie again calling after the competition - another set - up. But I can't wait to see the minis!

I didn't catch the whole show, but I did see enough of it to catch Jill's new "buzzword" and go all Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction.  "Say "brand" again!  Say "brand" again! I dare you!  I double dare you, m$%^F%^&*er!"

Mackenzie stood out in the hip hop dance and I seriously think if she focused on that she could have a career.

The moms suck.  Jill is insane.  That is all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I also think these "calls" are fake - always coming at the most inopportune times. Not saying Abby doesn't have these types of calls during filming - but I think it's another production ploy to add drama.

Even though Kendall is the most forgettable - her mom isn't - hence why Kendall will stay. Maddie again calling after the competition - another set - up. But I can't wait to see the minis!

You may be right about the staged calls but I really hope it's not the case.  Whatever you think of Abby, she is in a very precarious legal situation and to have her act out or re-enact a bad news call from her lawyers strikes me as just plain cruel.  Of course it would be consistent with the scumbags who run Collins, wouldn't it?  There are no limits to bad taste where Jeff Collins and his minions are concerned. Speaking of lawyers, If I'm one of Abby's, I'm cringing at her saying anything about her case on a TV show.   Melissa has always been the high priestess of bad parenting but Jill is nipping at her heels.  Seriously, Jill appears to have the native intelligence of a bag of cat litter.  You rarely see anyone this unbelievably stupid. Melissa may be slimy, devious and ruthless but at lease she has a measurable IQ.  I can't believe that down deep Kendell is not being damaged by her experience on this show and her mother's antics.  That may burst out when, at the end of the day, she achieves nothing in the way of "stardom" and realizes that she was forced to sacrifice her childhood and teenage years in pursuit of a delusion.

Edited by cali1981
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

This show is definitely on its last legs.  Weirdly, scripted or otherwise, there are certain things I don't mind seeing.  I have zero sympathy watching Abby go through her legal downfall because she brought it on herself.  I also enjoy watching Melissa finally lose her shit with Abby, though of course threatening her about all the secrets you know isn't really smart unless you want to wind up as part of the legal proceedings.

Things I could do without?   Crazy Jill.  I'm not sure what sort of revisionist world she's living in, but Kendall was not an original member of Dance Moms.  At this point the only original girls are Mac and Nia, with Maddie showing up every now and again.   Also on what planet are we supposed to pretend that Brynn couldn't blow Kendall out of the water at any given moment.  I'm not a huge fan of the competition dance circuit, but didn't Brynn win the Dance Awards in her age range one year?  Whereas Kendall wouldn't even crack the Top 20.  Then again probably the same world where we are supposed to pretend that Kehlani is always inferior to Maddie.

Guess what Jill.  Kendall might be a better dancer by now if she was training at an actual studio instead of being pranced around LA and in front of tv cameras, but that's not really the only problem.  There is no there there.  Kendall has zero on stage spark.  No charisma.  No performance ability.  She's not going to be a star, so stop filling this girl's head with unrealistic expectations.  No wonder she is turning into a brat.

I enjoyed Jojo's solo, but that was about it.  There also looked to be nobody at that fake competition so I don't think a win was much to write home about.

Edited by spanana
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Then again probably the same world where we are supposed to pretend that Kehlani is always inferior to Maddie.

Agreed.  Kalani is an excellent dancer and, BTW, a beautiful girl.  She should, at the very least, have the opportunities that Maddie does. Go figure.

Agreed.  Kalani is an excellent dancer and, BTW, a beautiful girl.  She should, at the very least, have the opportunities that Maddie does. Go figure.

Kalani does have the same opportunities as Maddie, that's why her mother has stuck her on this show, so she can be seen.  She's a good dancer, but like most of these competition dancers who were pranced out at a young age as a phenom, she has gone through puberty.  She doesn't stand out anymore.  She does have a good work ethic and needs to begin full time training if she truly wants to dance as an adult. 

I like the hip hop routine, so much better than the lyrical crap.  I think JoJo, Kalani and Maddie have the biggest chances of success.  They put everything they have into their work.   And Abby is right, JoJo's willingness to try anything, her attitude and good work ethic will help get her places.

Those minis were horrific.  Who has taught them so far?  Horrible.  Horrible.  Why do comp teachers insist on teaching these little ones how to turn and jump before they have control over their bodies? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think Maddie gets some of her opportunities because she's younger and more petite. She can easily play a younger girl because of her size and because she can still look like a child. Kalani is older to begin with, but like Nia, she's got a woman's figure so can't as easily slide into the same roles Maddie does. And as much as the Maddie adoration drives me crazy, I think she's improved a great deal over the last year or two, she has a great work ethic and has apparently put it to good use.

• Like 1

I kind of wish they'd brought the minis in a season or two ago and focused on a new group of younger girls. As it stands, we have less than impressive girls who are no longer cute little kids and, with the exception of the ringers, simply aren't all that impressive (in large part because they've been focused on the show, not in class learning skills-which is why Kalani and Brynn are simply better at this point).

Or, just kill the show entirely. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for watching it at this point. And I do have to wonder-what kind of parent brings her 6 yr to Abby?

• Like 1

I can't quote anything because basically I would have to quote pretty much everyone above.

1) Every reality show seems to have a character that comes in after the show has started and tries to revise the history of the show to include them... Sisterwives has Robyn for example. Jill is that character for this show, she is the one who screams and brings up "the original girls" the most, but Kendall is not an original!!! That has been driving me crazy for a while, but I hit my breaking point with this episode. Original girls is a moot point, since the only remaining like said above are Nia, Mackenzie and Maddie (who is barely appearing this season)

2) Kendall has one of the worst attitudes of any of the girls, not only does she talk back to her mom but she talks back to Abby, or cries when something doesn't go her way. I actually don't agree with Abby's "save the tears for your pillow" adage, I think if a child wants to cry let them cry, but Kendall cries over ev-er-ry thing. I don't doubt at all that she is under a lot of stress, or that she is in a tough position, but this is where as a mom if your child is this emotionally negatively effected by somone/ something you remove them from the situation.

3) I really don't mean to pick on Kendall, but I have to consign that she just doesn't have star quality... When it comes to dance. Her music video was flat out boring I have never even finished watching it, I never make it past that awkward solo toward the end. She is a pretty girl and is a good dancer as a part of a group, it's not so much her skill/technique that is lacking to terribly bad, it's just her face, she does not show any emotion at all, it's always a smile... Abby has gone off on Mackenzie for the same thing, but Kendall literally does not change her expression at all.

4) the only reason I throw a little side eye at Abby's phone call is that dance competitions are typically held Saturday/Sunday... I obviously have no idea when Abby's lawyers called her, it is possible I suppose that they called on a weekend, but my experience is that they generally don't unless it's an emergency... And as big of a deal as these charges are, I find it strange that all of this would happen over a weekend, but I've never been involved in tax evasion... So what do I know!? Also it's possibly a weekday, who knows... Just my theory.

• Love 1

4) the only reason I throw a little side eye at Abby's phone call is that dance competitions are typically held Saturday/Sunday... I obviously have no idea when Abby's lawyers called her, it is possible I suppose that they called on a weekend, but my experience is that they generally don't unless it's an emergency... And as big of a deal as these charges are, I find it strange that all of this would happen over a weekend, but I've never been involved in tax evasion... So what do I know!? Also it's possibly a weekday, who knows... Just my theory.

Abby's indictments came down on a Wednesday (10/14/15) but her lawyers might call her anytime if they needed to discuss something with her immediately. Still, since the courts are usually closed on the weekend, it's unlikely that anything of great importance would come up on a Saturday so maybe the phone call was staged.  If so, it was just typical of Collins low rent tactics for the sake of "drama".

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The auditorium had so few people that the "competition" could have been held at any time.  A weekday is as likely as anything.  I lean toward the call was staged and at least Abby and production knew she'd be leaving the set.  When is the court case anyway?

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I didn't catch the whole show, but I did see enough of it to catch Jill's new "buzzword" and go all Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction.  "Say "brand" again!  Say "brand" again! I dare you!  I double dare you, m$%^F%^&*er!"

Mackenzie stood out in the hip hop dance and I seriously think if she focused on that she could have a career.

The moms suck.  Jill is insane.  That is all.

I can't quote anything because basically I would have to quote pretty much everyone above.

1) Every reality show seems to have a character that comes in after the show has started and tries to revise the history of the show to include them... Sisterwives has Robyn for example. Jill is that character for this show, she is the one who screams and brings up "the original girls" the most, but Kendall is not an original!!! That has been driving me crazy for a while, but I hit my breaking point with this episode. Original girls is a moot point, since the only remaining like said above are Nia, Mackenzie and Maddie (who is barely appearing this season)

2) Kendall has one of the worst attitudes of any of the girls, not only does she talk back to her mom but she talks back to Abby, or cries when something doesn't go her way. I actually don't agree with Abby's "save the tears for your pillow" adage, I think if a child wants to cry let them cry, but Kendall cries over ev-er-ry thing. I don't doubt at all that she is under a lot of stress, or that she is in a tough position, but this is where as a mom if your child is this emotionally negatively effected by somone/ something you remove them from the situation.

3) I really don't mean to pick on Kendall, but I have to consign that she just doesn't have star quality... When it comes to dance. Her music video was flat out boring I have never even finished watching it, I never make it past that awkward solo toward the end. She is a pretty girl and is a good dancer as a part of a group, it's not so much her skill/technique that is lacking to terribly bad, it's just her face, she does not show any emotion at all, it's always a smile... Abby has gone off on Mackenzie for the same thing, but Kendall literally does not change her expression at all.

I can't stand it either how jill goes on and one about the originals and they been there five years...... she joined season 2 and left for the candy apples

• Love 2

First and foremost -- Jill and Abby need to stop trying to make "Kendall K" happen.  Its a non-starter.

Second -- Jill was 100% in the wrong, and I hope they are paying her a lot of money to be that vile to a child.  I get that a child shouldn't backtalk an adult, but an adult should be behaving like an adult worthy of the respect to not be spoken back to.  

Third -- why is Jill acting like this little girl has some blood feud going with Kendall, its like she despises this little girl who is doing nothing but being more charismatic than Kendall K.

Fourth -- sadly heartening to see Abby actually act like a human being to a little girl crying.  Part of me thought she was heading out there to browbeat the poor kid.  I was happy to see her treat the little girl so kindly.  I hope, hope, hope that that is who the really Abby is.

The auditorium had so few people that the "competition" could have been held at any time.  A weekday is as likely as anything.  I lean toward the call was staged and at least Abby and production knew she'd be leaving the set.  When is the court case anyway?

For real though, it looked like a private performance.  This show has been on for 6 years, how can they not book a decent sized venue and get a few extras in Los Angeles?

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2

Oh...and one more thing.....what the hell was that jig Melissa was doing when Abby announced that the group routine was going to be a hip hop number?  Girl, there is nothing hip hop about that move, you look like you came straight outta the looney bin with that.

• Love 7

It looks like Abby's new studio in LA has windows that look out on (and can be looked into) the street. Does that make sense? Why would she want the general public to watch the girls practicing their routines? I would think that music and moves were a closely guarded secret; in other seasons she went bonkers when someone tried to "steal" her music. And I think the dancers deserve some privacy when they are just learning their dances.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but the "hip hop" dance moves look more like teenagers just dancing in unison; there doesn't seem to be any art or technique to it. Is it really considered a school of dance?  Honestly, I've seen little kids dancing to hip hop music and these teen girls and boys don't seem any more polished or professional. (And if it is indeed a "school," then who decided which movements would be part of the choreography?)

Is it really considered a school of dance?  Honestly, I've seen little kids dancing to hip hop music and these teen girls and boys don't seem any more polished or professional. (And if it is indeed a "school," then who decided which movements would be part of the choreography?)

I thought the dance was fine, especially since none of these girls really focused on hip hop while in Pittsburgh.  As for the choreography, I would imagine the teacher choreographed the dance.  Probably the same teacher who choreographed JoJo's dance and I thought her dance was good and performed well, especially given her background.

What I want to know is where those little mini dancers go.  So tacky.  But that's why they were cast and the new mothers will bring the delusion and cat fights.

Yes, Kendall. Very pretty indeed, and I enjoyed her jazz number. But she's just not a particularly outstanding dancer in any field and has zero star quality

Jojo is great, she really gets into roles and has the X factor Kendall lacks.
I also loved the hiphop dance, seemed really professional and cool. I thought Kenzie & Jojo were awesome at it.

To the person who said "they pretend Maddie is better than Kalani", well Kalani is really sweet and has great technique, but I do prefer to watch Maddie dance, I mean Maddie really connects to the audience (or me anyway). I think she has more of a special something than Kalani (but Kalani is great too!).

The minis kind of looked awful, more thrusting slutty moves than anything.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To the comment above about Abby and the 6 yr old mini - I actually do think this is the Abby Lee Miller most know. I think she is very strict in having the children know the names of the moves as well as how to do them - but I think stardom did go to her head and for the sake of drama - her character was made to be the big bully. I've no doubt that  some of these kids have been traumatized by Abby - but I think it's more that it's hard for most young children to differentiate what's real and what's fake for production. You can tell a kid - hey I'm going to really yell at you - but I'm just kidding - but most will take it to heart especially if the person yelling is convincing.

I think because of the closeness Maddie and Abby shared - Maddie knew the difference - Jojo and Kalani went through this to a certain extent on AUDC - so they knew what to expect on the show. Nia is over it but Kendall is very sensitive and everything gets to her. The kid probably has ulcers between Jill's harping and Abby's yelling.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why was Jess going on about Kendall not wearing the face pieces last week? It was pretty clear that she was having a reaction to the latex.

Kendall just doesn't stand out in any way except for her looks. She disappears in the groups dances and is just another dancer in solos. Jill drives me nuts going on about her opportunities and she crossed the line in a big way with Brynn this week.

Loved JoJo's solo, she did great. And Mack was terrific in the hip hop dance.

• Love 1

My comment about the show pretending that Kalani is a distant second to Maddie was more about when Kalani joined the show and not now.  It's not even about who any one person enjoys watching dance more, because that is subjective.  It's also really hard to compare the two currently since Kalani is older and has a more mature womanly shape whereas Maddie still looks like a kid.  In the real world they would never get booked for the same roles anyway.

But when Kalani first came on this show from AUDC, the show treated Kalani as if she couldn't hold a candle to Maddie.  Which just wasn't true if you were looking at it from the perspective of the actual competition dance circuit, which is what this show pretends to care about.  Kalani could beat Maddie and did.  Maddie could beat Kalani some days.  Just for me, the playing field was far more level than the show implied.  In ALDC world, we pretend like the team falls apart every time Maddie is away, as if her magic dancing is the glue that holds everything together.  Kalani is a far more capable dancer than what is often represented here IMO.

• Love 2

I think Kendall's biggest issue is that she makes dancing look difficult, thus it is not as enjoyable to watch.  Her moves look heavy, and it's not because of her growth spurt, I've noticed this in her for years.  When she smiles, I just see her gasping for breath, while she attempts to hold a smile at the same time.  I don't see joy in her dance, it's just another routine.  It's a shame because she has gorgeous turns, better than Maddie's, IMO.   But now that she's growing up, she's going to have to work on flexibility.  She was struggling a bit to keep her leg at a 90 degree angle on one turn sequence this week.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hi! I did not enjoy watching the hip-hop dance. I found it boring. I have noticed that Jojo's mom instigated to Jill a lot in this episode. She would bring stuff to Jill's attention, and then she would get all mad. LOL. The moms are jealous of the new girl. She a threat for girl number two. LOL

• Love 2

This week Jill was... a refrigerator.  That is the only way I can put it.  Give it a rest Jill, because your behavior proves nothing but how threatened you are by someone else's daughter.  If it was anyone else but Kendall, Jojo lets say, and Brynn was doing the mirroring in the exact same way and Jessalyn acted that way, you know what Jill would do??  Tell Jessa to stick it in her rear and get over it.

It was refreshing honestly to see Abby with the minis.  Her behavior was much different.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Yeah, it's been an issue for her for years now. I remember Abby commenting on her lack of stamina a few seasons ago and the CADC woman saying that there was a slowness/heaviness to Kendall's dancing while in the audience (I think it was the season before this one). I can't  pinpoint why her dancing strikes me as being so labored. Maybe it is  purely a stamina issue but if she were dancing for hours a day as they claim then shouldn't she be able to handle the physicality of dancing?

I've always wondered just how much Kendall wants any of this.  I think its hard for Jill to imagine that her daughter may just want a quiet life where she maybe joins the dance team in high school, goes to college, gets a job and just lives the life of a regular person.  While Kendall is young, I think if she was really wanting this, and really focused she wouldn't have these break downs.  Nia has gotten it much much much worse, but she just sort of shrugs it off and keeps it moving.  And I think that is likely because Nia DOES really want something more and so she is focused on that.

• Like 1

Kalani does have the same opportunities as Maddie, that's why her mother has stuck her on this show, so she can be seen. She's a good dancer, but like most of these competition dancers who were pranced out at a young age as a phenom, she has gone through puberty. She doesn't stand out anymore. She does have a good work ethic and needs to begin full time training if she truly wants to dance as an adult.

I like the hip hop routine, so much better than the lyrical crap. I think JoJo, Kalani and Maddie have the biggest chances of success. They put everything they have into their work. And Abby is right, JoJo's willingness to try anything, her attitude and good work ethic will help get her places.

Those minis were horrific. Who has taught them so far? Horrible. Horrible. Why do comp teachers insist on teaching these little ones how to turn and jump before they have control over their bodies?

This atree with you. Kalani is good, but stick her in a room with other kids her age and she doesn't stand out. Also puberty didn't agree with her. She's a pretty girl but looks like a grown woman
  • Like 1

Puberty definitely agreed with her, she's a beautiful girl. She's just not tiny and stick thin anymore.

being a beautiful girl doesn't have anything to do with it. like it or not, dancer's body types matter in the professional world. Its a lot easier to dance certain forms of dance like ballet and contemporary without extra weight, curves or really large breasts.

That's why these 11 and 12 year olds are so popular on you tube and competions They look like tiny children doing cool dance moves. Many of them disappear when puberty changes their bodies in a way that affects their ability to continue to improve.

I would not be surprised if Kalani applied for prestigious year round schools and was turned down. And it all can't be blamed on Abbie.

• Like 1

That's absolutely true, but that wasn't my point. I was simply disagreeing with the idea that puberty had somehow morphed her into something disagreeable. She's lovely and she'll be a beautiful woman regardless of her choice of profession.

She may not have the ideal body type for dancing but that doesn't mean she can't dance, or even become a professional dancer. She will have to work a bit to increase her muscle definition and lean herself out, but there's a place for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Am I the only one who doesn't think Kendall's looks are anything special? I've always thought it was weird that Abby and everyone go on about how she's such a pretty girl because I just don't see it. She's not even the prettiest or second prettiest of the cast, in my opinion. It's all anyone seems to say about her...I guess it's the biggest compliment people can find to apply to her because she sucks at dancing? Ha. But seriously, she's just average in all ways to me.

• Love 2

Puberty definitely agreed with her, she's a beautiful girl. She's just not tiny and stick thin anymore.

She's beautiful. But unfortunately body types does matter. And since she's on dance moms I'm guessing she wants acting or modeling jobs like Maddie. Not dance jobs. Maddie is short and can play a kid type of role. She has the body of a pre adolescent. Kalani has the body of a 20 something year old. Even her face is mature. She's short like Maddie but her body is more mature. If I didn't know how old she was I would wonder why she's dancing with little kids.

She's beautiful. But unfortunately body types does matter. And since she's on dance moms I'm guessing she wants acting or modeling jobs like Maddie. Not dance jobs. Maddie is short and can play a kid type of role. She has the body of a pre adolescent. Kalani has the body of a 20 something year old. Even her face is mature. She's short like Maddie but her body is more mature. If I didn't know how old she was I would wonder why she's dancing with little kids.

I think pubert absolutely agreed with Kalani. She definitely looked like a teen now, but never really went through a hideous awkward stage.

Body type doesn't seem to matter as much now as it used to, even in ballet. Dancers are looking much more muscular now instead of super gaunt and willowy, even in ballet.

I think all of these girls could have careers in entertainment. Maybe not a prima ballerinas, but definitely in a lot of Broadway shows, on tours, with musicians, in commercials, cruise ships, parks, etc.

They're all qualified by now to act a little, sing a little, dance a little, so with the right agents and opportunity, they can work. Will any of them be the next Mist Copeland or even the next Annie - probably not, but far less talented people have made careers in entertainment.

Look at Britney Spears or Madonna - neither are drop dead gorgeous, have much vocal talent, are trained but not perfect dancers, but boy can they entertain, and are wildly successful. Are these girls the next Britney's? Probably not, but as much as I love Britney, she's always been more hype than talent.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who doesn't think Kendall's looks are anything special? I've always thought it was weird that Abby and everyone go on about how she's such a pretty girl because I just don't see it. She's not even the prettiest or second prettiest of the cast, in my opinion. It's all anyone seems to say about her...I guess it's the biggest compliment people can find to apply to her because she sucks at dancing? Ha. But seriously, she's just average in all ways to me.

I think Kendall is a very pretty girl, but that just makes it even more clear that she doesn't have much of a personality.  Because a pretty girl with a personality would be a stand out.  Jojo is cute, but not particularly pretty and she always stands out, be it good or bad.  I think Kendall should be that girl that attends high school, dates the football captain and is homecoming queen.  I don't see that real drive in her to be "Kendall K" and I don't think she has the personality for it.  If she focused on cheer, or even *gasp* her academics she could probably get some sort of scholarship for college.

• Like 1

Hm, well Kendall has a nice facial structure and photographs very well so I do think she is pretty, however (to Rebecca), I also don't think she's the prettiest of the group, I actually think that's Maddie these days, and I find Kalani prettier as well.

Kendall is very pretty, but I can't tell if she lacks personality or is just overshadowed by Jill. Honestly, Jojo, Nia, and maybe a little Kalani are the only ones right now with much of a personality.

Maddie is bland, Mackenzie is bland, Brooke was bland, Kendall is bland, Asia was over the top, Paige had slight personality but was terrified, Chloe had personality beaten out of her.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I feel like Maddie's become too rehearsed (I hate to call a child "fake"). Her talking heads have become so monotone and rote. She seems over it. I almost wonder if she'd be happier and more fulfilled dancing every day, like before, and giving up the whole Hollywood thing.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I thought Mackenzie did awesome in the hip hop #, they should focus on that more for her than the acro.

The Mini's were so made up that it's hard to tell what they really even look like. I did enjoy the talk Abby had with the little 6 year old peyton. And I thought she had said a mini team was aged 6~8, but many of the girls stated they were older than 8, so they must just be short.

I think that Kendall is average looking. I am also baffled that for season after season they imply she is so pretty and can't rely on her looks forever. When it comes to beauty I feel like Kalani knocks them all out of the water. They all (like the mini's) are in full make up even when rehearsing. JoJo is cute, but the fact that her mother must color her roots every 2~3 weeks is scary. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder, and although none of the girls is unattractive, I do not find Kendall to be the knock out, people imply she is.

Jill is Nutz, but I take it all with a grain of salt, as I am sure she is encouraged to be acting the way she is.

I find it funny that Jess pointed out Kendall and crying about the mask/make up she removed, when she was the one that tried to console her and tell her it didn't look as bad from the audience.

I agree JoJo has a ton of personality, but I don't think she has great technique. Her stage presence makes up for her lack of skill. Where Kendall has more skill, but lacks the stage presence.

is .53 a good rating?

• Like 1

I agree that Kalani is the beauty of this group. I wouldn't have even commented on what I think of Kendall's looks were in not drilled into us season after season that she's supposedly so pretty.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Since this topic is having to do with beauty or cuteness. I thought Mac was always a cutie - but in this last episode without make-up - I though she was anything but. She's growing up and her face has lost that cuteness. I was actually shocked watching the talking head of her and tried to remember what her dad looked like.

• Love 1

^I think Mac is a cutie pie!  They were showing that old footage of her and I actually think she is cuter now.  But I didn't see her without makeup.  But I think all of the girls have something to reccomend them.  

The girls that are creeping me out a tiny bit are the mini's.  I think its the whole overly made-up thing.  I get a little creeped out seeing kids with eyeliner and makeup because they look like dolls to me-- and not in a good way.  Is it a thing for girls to practice in full make up?  Is there a reason for it?

I feel like Maddie's become too rehearsed (I hate to call a child "fake"). Her talking heads have become so monotone and rote. She seems over it. I almost wonder if she'd be happier and more fulfilled dancing every day, like before, and giving up the whole Hollywood thing.

Yeah.. it might be that since she's more in the spotlight than the others, she has to be really careful what she says (I mean we can see how EVERY comment she makes gets bashed if you look on Youtube or other websites), so she has to be really politically correct and boring. Jojo is the only really interesting one. Mackenzie could be possibly snarky but they'd never show it. They are basically just normal teenagers, like Chloe and Paige judging by their channels. Not such "personalities", but the show was meant to be about the mums and dancing I suppose. Of course it was best back when the kids were so excited to win and having genuine reactions.

YES, what is with the minis makeup? I can't tell who is who, they all look the same!

Kenzie looks a lot like her dad from what I remember, now her face lost some baby cuteness. She's really pretty but when she's just normally talking and not posing, her face isn't.. delicate? like Maddie's, it's kind of pouty?

• Love 3