Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

There's probably some sort of deal in the works for something.  That Kim is pretending to drink on social media - this doesn't smell like a Kris stunt, probably some poorly conceived Kanye stunt. 

I don’t think this has anything to do with Kanye at all. Sure, he promotes his clothing lines, with Kim and his children as the models but this vodka promotional campaign has Kris’ fingerprints all over it and she is the one with the connection to Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber. The photos below are of Cindy and Kris at a “power lunch” in January 2016 and of Cindy and her kids at Kendall’s 21st birthday party in November 2016. That is the connection. Kim has never been a drinker nor apparently have most of the other family members except for Kris. Kanye seems to be doing well on his psychotropic medication regimen so I doubt that he’s downing cases of vodka.

5939b0d382d35_KrisJandCindyC.jpg.d41cfc5de2c9e2d3d6372f7735b6d69a.jpg5939b0f1a3cff_CindyCrawfordandKidsatKendalls21st.jpg.aa3d982df08fb869512b3eba855e78bf.jpg

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Maya said:

Oh no...at first glance I thought that top photo was a photo of Kris and Caitlyn! I'M SORRY Cindy Crawford!!!

And now I can't unsee it. I wonder if Cindy is who Caitlyn modeled herself after?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Cindy Crawford is definitely a tad weird. Like, let her 14 year old daughter wear bikinis to model Miu Miu eyewear weird. 

If Cindy lets her daughter do it, than you know Kim will have North becoming a junior Kylie at an even younger age.

6 minutes ago, GaT said:

And now I can't unsee it. I wonder if Cindy is who Caitlyn modeled herself after?

I've been seeing TV commercials for the Sunset Blvd show on Broadway. Glenn Close is starring as Norma Desmond and the likeness to Caitlyn in the clip is scary.

• Love 2
On 5/24/2017 at 8:45 PM, GaT said:

I didn't pay attention to them until I saw your comment, but the whole family, including the show, except for Scott is mentioned. This is North's IG account? Could there be a macro or program that automatically does this? It sure isn't North. 

I'm actually wondering that myself. When ive used hashtags and at people in twitter it counts towards my character limit. But I notice when replying to celebrities or larger profiles they will have like a hundred mentions lol ? 

On 6/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, Maya said:

Oh no...at first glance I thought that top photo was a photo of Kris and Caitlyn! I'M SORRY Cindy Crawford!!!

So did I!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Wait I don't get it.  That's not Caitlyn?

I wouldn't be surprised if Caitlyn brought a pic of Crawford into her plastic surgeon's office and said "Make me look like this".

I'm not bashing Cindy - I love her - she was like the only brunette model on the cover of all of the fashion mags I read as a kid

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Frost said:

Warning!  Marketing geniuses at work! 

Those famous designers Kendall and Kylie are at it again!  They must have the worst lawyers in the world.  Either that, or they pay no attention whatsoever to the advice they're given.

Sharon is awesome

Sharon Osbourne also criticized the T-shirts, tweeting: “Girls, you haven’t earned the right to put your face with musical icons. Stick to what you know … lip gloss.”

But seriously, how did they think they could just use other people's faces like that without permission or paying for it? Even better question, what do they think their faces have to do with people like Notorious BIG, Tupac and Ozzy Osbourne? I don't understand what they were trying to say, it makes no sense.

• Love 7

OMG those shirts! And charging $100+?? I cannot believe NO ONE in their camp realized that would get them potential lawsuits. ITA consent is an amateur move.  All of the sisters for months have been wearing these vintage metal/rap shirts featuring icons they likely couldn't even name a song from so I guess they figured they thought they could capitalize on the trend, slap their faces on them and their fan base would buy them. So stupid.

• Love 6

Doesn't PMK have a lawyer for the family businesses? How did K&K's stupid move get past the lawyer, or did they even think to ask?

Well, at least K&K apologized (after Biggie's mother burned their butts on social media and threatened them with a lawsuit) and took the shirts off the market.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/29/kendall-kylie-jenner-pull-vintage-t-shirts-apologize/

"Kendall and Kylie Jenner Yank All Their 'Vintage T-Shirts' We're So Sorry"

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Doesn't PMK have a lawyer for the family businesses? How did K&K's stupid move get past the lawyer, or did they even think to ask?

Well, at least K&K apologized (after Biggie's mother burned their butts on social media and threatened them with a lawsuit) and took the shirts off the market.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/29/kendall-kylie-jenner-pull-vintage-t-shirts-apologize/

"Kendall and Kylie Jenner Yank All Their 'Vintage T-Shirts' We're So Sorry"

Sorry my ass. They thought they could get away with it. And make money. That's the goal always. How come no shirts with the great Kanye West' s likeness?

• Love 6

Omg I flove Sharon.  That post is so nuanced, it is absolutely perfect.

Translation - okay little girls, listen to the advice of somebody much older than you and much wiser than your momager.  Go back to the damn sandbox where you belong.  

• Love 4

I hope they're doing more than just pulling the t-shirts off their web site.  Are they refunding any and all money they've already received?  If this doesn't hit them in their pocketbook they aren't going to truly be "sorry."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Frost said:

I hope they're doing more than just pulling the t-shirts off their web site.  Are they refunding any and all money they've already received?  If this doesn't hit them in their pocketbook they aren't going to truly be "sorry."

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a  refund.  I'm sure Kris told them word for word what to say in that mea culpa. It's nearly word for word what Kendall said about her Pepsi fuck up. Speaking of Kendall she's probably nervously picking at her nails and playing with her hair or curled up on the couch moaning about how she's so upset that people are mad at her. And Kylie probably couldn't care less. 

• Love 6

Warning!  Marketing geniuses at work! 

Those famous designers Kendall and Kylie are at it again!  They must have the worst lawyers in the world.  Either that, or they pay no attention whatsoever to the advice they're given.

OMG those shirts! And charging $100+?? I cannot believe NO ONE in their camp realized that would get them potential lawsuits. ITA consent is an amateur move.  All of the sisters for months have been wearing these vintage metal/rap shirts featuring icons they likely couldn't even name a song from so I guess they figured they thought they could capitalize on the trend, slap their faces on them and their fan base would buy them. So stupid.

I'm not surprised that Kylie & Kendall would do something like this. Its what you expect from these losers. What I'm really surprised is that they both somehow knew who Biggie Smalls & Tupac are & they're still stupid enough to attempt this money grab. I'm certain that Kylie & Kendall can't name 3 songs each from either one of these rappers. 

Tupac & Biggie Smalls are the complete opposites of Kylie & Kendall in so many ways.  If Tupac & Biggie were alive today, both of these guys would pay those 2 little girls & their wretched family dust. 

• Love 2

All the "rappers" they know and have had intimate relationships with they pick hip hops Elvis & Johnny Cash to superimpose those generic faces over and sell for $125.00. Not going to lie, there is a small part of me that should repent or die that is jealous that I still have student loans and read books because I didn't know stupidity was such a hot commodity. 

• Love 3

That TMZ article brings out a good point, that this is the same family that immediately attacks/threaten to sue anyone who dare to use their name or likeness for profit. Hell Kylie tried to trademark the name "Kylie". Dumbass. I said a while back Kylie should take some basic business classes.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Sorry my ass. They thought they could get away with it. And make money. That's the goal always. How come no shirts with the great Kanye West' s likeness?

Yes, you're right, their apology was probably just damage control.

• Love 3

Finally they went too far with their blatant theft. Unlike the journeyman makeup artists and designers they normally screw over, The Doors, the Morrison estate, the Biggie and Tupac estates-- these people have deep pockets and legal teams who aren't just going to let this go at a half hearted apology. These estates are careful how their clients images/logos are used. It boggles the mind that NO ONE in their bubble ran this by lawyers.

• Love 13

You know, it makes me wonder about when we suddenly started seeing Kim & Kourtney wearing vintage band tee shirts (real ones), was the family setting up this line for Kendall & Kylie? They started wearing them out of nowhere, & it was strange to see them in them. There had to be a reason.

• Love 5

Kris probably figured she'd throw a check at any one who complained. I'm sure they've paid off many in the past. Didn't Kanye kind of do the same with some bit  he "sampled" on one of his songs? He mailed the guy  a check for 10k figuring he'd shut up and go away grateful, but he sued instead. Not sure how it all turned out.

i think Scott started the trend when he bought some "vintage" shirts for Mason. I think they were legit, either true vintage or licensed properly. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Kris probably figured she'd throw a check at any one who complained.

i think Scott started the trend when he bought some "vintage" shirts for Mason. I think they were legit, either true vintage or licensed properly

And here is my problem with that: Properly licensed or not, I just can’t get with the trend of “vintage” artists apparel for young children or for anyone who has not the least idea or appreciation of the significance of the artists they are wearing, whatever the genre. These items originally were meant to be a nostalgic tribute to these artists, and not a cutesy parental conceit or a marketing ploy. Kendall and Kylie are the worst, as they superimposed their own stupid images over those of these artists. Aside from the legal ramifications, what were those shirts supposed to be saying?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Veronique Bette said:

And here is my problem with that: Properly licensed or not, I just can’t get with the trend of “vintage” artists apparel for young children or for anyone who has not the least idea or appreciation of the significance of the artists they are wearing, whatever the genre. These items originally were meant to be a nostalgic tribute to these artists, and not a cutesy parental conceit or a marketing ploy. Kendall and Kylie are the worst, as they superimposed their own stupid images over those of these artists. Aside from the legal ramifications, what were those shirts supposed to be saying?

I do think Scott at least knows who the artists are. Appropriate for kids, I agree, not really. 

As far as superimposing their own images, the family believes they've earned their place along side the originals. 

• Love 3

I found some more on TMZ

Family representative Todd Wilson tells TMZ the lawsuit is absurd as the sisters had nothing to do with the creation of the shirts. Kendall and Kylie gave their approval for the design but rely on their brand to handle the rest. Essentially, Wilson tells us, "it's like suing an actor for being in a movie." 

If they gave approval for the design, how did they have "nothing to do with the creation of the shirts"?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GaT said:

I found some more on TMZ

If they gave approval for the design, how did they have "nothing to do with the creation of the shirts"?

K&K claim that they're business women. Okay, then pay attention to what your business is doing!

They can't just agree to have their names and faces put on products with no understanding of the product or of any legal consequences. Their lawyer is a smarmy weasel. No, using copyrighted images without permission is NOT just like being an actor in a movie.

The whole family is slapdash and greedy like that. They are always raking in big dollars for posting pictures on social media of themselves holding products, like that tea which supposedly makes you lose weight. I don't think they know or care anything about the products they endorse. They just want the paychecks.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, GaT said:

I found some more on TMZ

Just like Kendell had no control over the Pepsi gig  and Kim had none over the "black face"

ad. And all the other times it was someone else's fault. Kylie's crappy makeup brushes that had to be quickly damaged controlled. Nothing is ever on them. 

• Love 5

OJ Simpson's parole hearing is today & I'm certain that Kris is licking her chops on another potential big pay day if he gets paroled today. Imagine her hanging out with OJ with the paps, TMZ, & that disease called the Daily Mail in tow. Kris trying to get OJ on her revolting show (KUTK). OJ being in the annual Christmas card with Kris & that family. Kirs & Kim taking selfies with OJ.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Magog said:

OJ Simpson's parole hearing is today & I'm certain that Kris is licking her chops on another potential big pay day if he gets paroled today. Imagine her hanging out with OJ with the paps, TMZ, & that disease called the Daily Mail in tow. Kris trying to get OJ on her revolting show (KUTK). OJ being in the annual Christmas card with Kris & that family. Kirs & Kim taking selfies with OJ.

Too bad none of the girls are technically single (is Kendall, maybe?), she could fix one of the girls up with Uncle OJ. In all honesty, part of me would be kind of surprised if they had anything to do with him, because Kris was very vocal that she thinks he's guilty. However, they're both (OJ & Kris) total famewhores, so I would not be one iota surprised if Uncle OJ appeared on KUWTK next season, for a reconciliation, assuming that he's paroled soon (I think they said October is when he'd technically be released if he's paroled), because he's undoubtedly been spending his prison years thinking about how to get back in good with the K girls, America needs that reconciliation. Or maybe Kylie's show, it'll air first. Kim posed for a selfie with Amber Rose a few days after she accused Kanye of preferring the rear entrance, OJ being on this show isn't out of the question, I don't think.

Kind of related, but I saw Christopher Darden on "Today", today, & he was obviously talking about the parole, which NBC is busting into programming to cover, & Darden hilariously referred to it as "the parole hearing of the century"! He should have a show instead of the K crew; he's witty, smart & doesn't wear see-through clothes or Yeezy shoes (allegedly).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Magog said:

3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I thought Kris sided with her friend Nicole and that Robert defending OJ caused a major rift between them. I highly doubt he will ever be in their Christmas photo. 

No way is Kris going to start hanging around OJ. She wore Nicole's maternity clothes to court during the trial, no matter how money hungry she is, she isn't going to bring him into their lives.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

I agree, but I can see her using his parole hearing and release as part of a story line for the show.  She's not about to pass on any opportunity to make a buck, not even a dead friend.

I'll bet Kris makes some public statement about OJ being granted parole. She'll get one of her pap buddies to ask her how she feels about it.

• Love 1