Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Wedding Night

• Start Topic

There are no refunds or store credit on returns for your time spent watching MAFS.

When you switched the channel to A+E/FYI channel on Tuesday evening you succumbed to the time suck that is MAFS.

Misery loves company.

Dr. C's lack of facial movement is from over Botoxing, either that or he's had a stroke.

Anyone else notice the ugly green art work behind him as he reposed casually in his advice THs?

Looks like a canvas spackled with green frosting left over from some St. Patrick's Day cupcakes.

Sam must have taken the Reality TV Show Workshop where she is coached to have the BIGGEST U turn in her story line so the camera will be stuck on the twists and turns of her journey of initially grossed out to eventual love for Neil.

Neil has already checked out emotionally and his good manners have kicked in.

He looks numbed and mercifully so.

Sam is fashionably the new Jessica.

Anyone notice in the packing scene, the animal print love by Sam, her zebra makeup bag matching her zebra top?

Expect more "quirky" or ugly fashion choices, shower curtain in leopard spots?

Sam seems more sane on her THs with her "serious gal" glasses on but the rest of the time she looks like she has many voices in her head telling her to say and act stupidly.

Smart of the editors to show Neil standing up for himself because Sam's abusive and rude attacks on Neil is turning the viewers off.

Sam is  new RyanD, the villainess of season 3.

David is the Labrador retriever of MAFS, he'll try very hard to get his wife to like him.

Expect the bouquet flowers from Costco/Trader Joe's, mushy cards, Pandora bracelet with the wedding/honeymoon depicted in charms(too many Christmas commercials) and the double dates with frat brothers and their wives at Dave and Buster's.

Ashley holding her cards very close so not much revealed.

Vanessa is right to be suspicious about Tres' sudden clamp down on his playboy life when he was going for a cast spot in the ATL MAFS show.

Thinking some of his past playmates are reaching out to her gfs/friends' inquiries on social media saying that he is definitely was not looking for marriage during hookups but wanted TV time so slowed his roll on the clubs and hound dogging in the past months.

Meanwhile, she didn't have a dating/social live for the past 2 years  so she was exactly who MAFS casting is looking for, someone who needs help to find her spouse.

Vanessa, our Cameron Diaz looks to be hurt the most by the show.

Sad.

• Love 3

I jumped on S3 this week now that WB is on hiatus. My first impression of Neil is that he's kind of creepy-looking. Maybe not unattractive, but he just has a weird face shape. Sam looks okay, but she definitely benefits from make-up.

I'd freak out if I were matched with Neil, at first of course.  I get Sam's feelings, I really do; but maybe she should have told Neil that she wasn't ready to have sex just yet, or something.  Sometimes a guy you don't think is hot, becomes hot in time. 

St. John and St. Croix are US territories so not having a passport wouldn't have been an issue.

I'm not sure about that.  I know if you go on a cruise, even to a US territory you need your passport.  

I kind of get Tres.  Sometimes people have zero intention of getting married, until they meet someone they want to spend the rest of their life with, then it's like, "I want to get married."    I mean a person might want to get married, but if you keep meeting zeroes, you could think otherwise.  

• Love 3

I'm starting to think the experts are going to go 0-3 again this season. Then can it go off the air? Then can I have my Tuesday nights back?

But wait, this is our soap opera, we don't want it to end now!

Must remember, 90% of this show is probably scripted by the producers!

• Love 3

Re the Honeymoons - both  St Croix and John are US territories - US Virgin Islands - NO passport needed - they are close to St Thomas, us virgin island.

I have been to both on cruises. You would fly in to st thomas - take a little plane from there or just ferry for St John. St John is beautiful, it is a quick jaunt, you can visit it when on a cruise. St Croix has a limited cruise ships calling, not as popular.

the producers didn't send anyone anywhere they needed a passport. Maybe Phoenix if either of them had a real aversion to water sports?

~~~~~~~~ IMHO Ashley has acted appropriately - I don't blame her for being a bit reserved, as the past shows played up the foolishness of cast. 
I don't know what the real deal is with her and David but what we see they seem to be growing together a bit

Sam on the other hand did not get the "memo" - full tilt crazzzeeee lady. I think she is just annoying,and I feel for Neil.

So glad Vanessa did not fall into the first night trap - these 2 seem very good but who knows? I wonder if Trey went in thinking it was a dating show, rather than the seriousness of marriage? Also NO one has talked about his career - car sales people work insane hours, party hard. I know some - many divorced.

I wonder how that will affect them? 

Edited by still hoping
  • Love 2
I kind of get Tres.  Sometimes people have zero intention of getting married, until they meet someone they want to spend the rest of their life with, then it's like, "I want to get married."    I mean a person might want to get married, but if you keep meeting zeroes, you could think otherwise.

Agreed. Lots of people play the field with great dedication, but become exemplary family men when the time is right! 

• Love 8
And I agree; I was very happy, too, to see in the previews that Neil stands up for himself. I wonder if him showing his backbone will make her change her mind about him, since, apparently, she wants a man who can stand his ground against her (she said something like that in an earlier episode).

Maybe that's Sam's problem.  Maybe she thinks Neil is a pushover; I don't think he is, he's being polite and respectful.  Sam however seems to see it as a weakness and that could be what's wrong with her.  She wants a man to stand her ground, but she was upset that he wasn't checking up on her when they were snorkeling.  

The honeymoons could have reflected the couples' choices.  I love the water so get me to a beach; but not everybody likes the water, or the beach, maybe Ashley and David preferred the desert.  

Ashley and David seem boring, bland, mayo on Wonderbread; but if they're both like that, it might work.  

• Love 3

Maybe that's Sam's problem.  Maybe she thinks Neil is a pushover; I don't think he is, he's being polite and respectful.  Sam however seems to see it as a weakness and that could be what's wrong with her.  She wants a man to stand her ground, but she was upset that he wasn't checking up on her when they were snorkeling.  

The honeymoons could have reflected the couples' choices.  I love the water so get me to a beach; but not everybody likes the water, or the beach, maybe Ashley and David preferred the desert.  

Ashley and David seem boring, bland, mayo on Wonderbread; but if they're both like that, it might work.  

I totally see what you are saying here - but I also think Sam SAYS she wants a man to stand her ground but then won't like it when he does. Kind of like how Monet said she wanted traditional roles but then didn't like it when she got it. I always said I wanted a man that could go toe to toe with me - but I ended up with a guy that's pretty passive, doesn't fight - but that doesn't mean he's a push over. Some people like you said - mistake politeness for weakness. I think Neil could definitely stand his ground with her. She's so immature. She doesn't need to be married - she needs therapy.

• Love 7

Sam - My god what a nightmare....she chastises Neil for the footie PJ's which are quite obviously a joke meanwhile she acts like a lunatic the rest of the time.  And she has no right calling someone unattractive as she is not exactly a ten either (as Neil self-assessed he wasn't either).  Plus Neil's attitude makes him MUCH more attractive than his not-so-better half.  And if she wants to be completely honest to him, there are MUCH more diplomatic ways of handling her not being attracted to him than to say it right to his face.

Neil - Run my friend....run away.....run far away...Well at least when this nightmare experiment is over, ANY woman is going to seem like Princess Charming in comparison to Sham.

Vanessa - You could literally see the exact moment when this whole thing became real and realized that Tres is probably not ready for marriage.  Clearly she had been getting vibes prior to that scene on the beach but still....she suddenly realized that yeah, it's true....he's a player

Tres - Dude...fine we get it....you have been a player...don't go bragging about it to your new wife that you JUST met.  Sure, I know there are women who like to try to reform the bad boy (rarely with success), but clearly Vanessa is not that girl.

David - I normally have a pet peeve of people who are just 'meat and potatoes' type when it comes to eating and will not go out of their comfort zone at all to try things, but not only did he go and try that pea soup, he then states the most under the radar romantic thing anyone has stated on three seasons of this show, where he says to Ashley ' I would totally eat this at home if you made it....because I know that you would make it better'.  I know I am not giving that moment justice but I was like...damn....perfect!

Ashely - I could not have been more against her last week with her obsession with 'dark features' and her acting like a complete bore and drip at the wedding but I am glad that she seems to truly be giving this a chance....she still seems to be somewhat dull but that just may be nerves

• Love 12

During the casting special, at least one participant said that they had met a woman on a dating site who turned out to be a producer for the show...was that Tres? Also, if Vanessa wasn't dating, how was she going to meet her future husband? She made it sound like she had just been sitting around her house, preparing for marriage, and expected that he had been doing the same. Maybe she meant during the process of applying and being selected for the show?

I am Team Neil all the way. He's not classically handsome, but he's funny and quirky and trying very hard, dammit Sam. Cut the dude some slack and give him a chance!

Every time Ashley is shown I'm completely distracted by what looks like a dent in the middle of her forehead. I don't know if it's Botox gone bad or an old injury or what.

• Love 5

Just because Sam isn't a supermodel, doesn't mean she can't have a preference in the looks department.  I think Neil is very strange looking and I'm not a supermodel either.  

As for Tres, a player is a player until he decides he doesn't want to play anymore. Tres could be a player still, or maybe deep down he's tired of playing.  

I think Tres probably has women come up to him and say shit like, "you look like Drake."  Tres is cute, and he likes the attention of women, so there you have it.  

• Love 2

Sam is immature, and annoying.  She's is one of those people that THINK they are hilarious... when they are really annoying.   Neil seems to have 10x's the sense of humor.  Her speech to Neil about her lack of attraction to him was totally unnecessary, and rude as hell.... was he trying to make the moves on her? NO.  So there was no reason to say it.  Being 'fake' isn't the same thing as not speaking everything that is on your mind.

Trey and Vanessa seemed doomed... he doesn't seem to have any emotional intelligence, and she has her walls up SUPER HIGH already on day 2.

Couple #3, seem to have a glimmer of hope at the moment, but I'm sure that will come crashing down soon.

The biggest problem with this experiment is that everyone views it as an 'experiment'.  Being married doesn't mean anything if both partners look at it as a 'trial 6 week' testing period.   The show might as well just have couples move in together for 6 weeks, and it would have the same effect.  

• Love 7

Every time Ashley is shown I'm completely distracted by what looks like a dent in the middle of her forehead. I don't know if it's Botox gone bad or an old injury or what.

I read somewhere (forget where) that her mother was angry at people on social media who commented on it and replied that it had something to do with her having been born premature and having serious medical issues as a baby - I think brain surgery or something.  I can't find the article where I read this.

• Love 1

During the casting special, at least one participant said that they had met a woman on a dating site who turned out to be a producer for the show...was that Tres? Also, if Vanessa wasn't dating, how was she going to meet her future husband? She made it sound like she had just been sitting around her house, preparing for marriage, and expected that he had been doing the same. Maybe she meant during the process of applying and being selected for the show?

I am Team Neil all the way. He's not classically handsome, but he's funny and quirky and trying very hard, dammit Sam. Cut the dude some slack and give him a chance!

Ashley's Mom indicated on the MAFS facebook page that the 'dent' on her forehead is from brain surgery she had as a small child; they removed a tumor.

• Love 1

Sam is the worse at this point. She is rude as hell to poor Neil. He may not be a looker to most but he has bee coming off in a way that most would end up finding him attractive. I know for me his eyes getting as big as they do can be creepy but he doesn't seem to be a bad guy. She doesn't even seem to try to make herself look presentable ever. While I don't do makeup myself, I do brush my hair and look decent (at least I think I do and hope I do. LOL). She is one of those that totally comes off as she has ever been told to hush and not say such things so loudly. As a parent its one of those things I have taught my own kids since they were little. We don't say certain things for all to hear. Sam was never taught that I guess. I feel bad for Neil and it seems he is putting on a face at this time and keeping with his manners. How hard must that be though. Maybe he doesn't find her to be all that but yet didn't blurt it out as she had. It would have been great if he had said something but he just isn't that kind of person I take it. Pillow fight was a bit pathetic. So tired of hearing how she gets a certain way when not comfortable. She needs to get over herself. We all end up in uncomfortable situations in life but don't act like a fool in those moments. *rolls eyes*

Tres saying to Vanessa about being someone that partied (that is what he said right?) and how she would balance him out is what threw up flags I think. I could totally see her watching his spot of him saying this stuff to the camera and how because she is pretty and all that she could be what makes him change...or however he phrased it. He is the guy that comes off to me like he would dump her in a flash for the next pretty thing that could do the same after he has used her enough. Which if he was raised so well by his Aunts and Grandmother, as he says, then why the heck doesn't he seem to respect women more? His mommy leaving is not a reason to be this way. Heck it sounds like daddy wasn't around really either if the Aunts and Grandmother raised him. At this point this is how he is coming off to me. I can see early on in life wanting to "play the field" while young but then why do this show if you were still doing so not long before it started? I just have gotten a bad vibe from him from the beginning. I am glad she was one of those that decided she wouldn't have sex on that first night. While I do think that if the cameras were not part of things that maybe it would have been different, that after her thinking of him as a playboy that she is probably glad she didn't. Obviously this could change. It seems at least in this area they have all waited for different reasons. 

I think Ashley seems to be opening up a bit more on things. David knows to take it slow and not just pounce which is great for her. Its nice she is smiling some now and is open to this it seems like. I can imagine the show will create some drama though for them because they seem to come off like they would be 2 "normal" people that could work out at the rate they are going. Yet I get the feeling that there will be something at some point for them to have to deal with and work through. 

• Love 5

The Phoenix/Scottsdale area is the land of huge, fabulous, beautiful resorts. Golf, swimming, hiking, bicycling, horseback riding, wonderful food, all in a gorgeous desert setting and *perfect* weather. For someone who's not into a beach vacation, it's a great place to go.

Scottsdale is our second home and trust me I'd rather go there than the Caribbean (been there twice). As  you said there is so much to do in the Valley of the Sun.

• Love 2

Ashley's Mom indicated on the MAFS facebook page that the 'dent' on her forehead is from brain surgery she had as a small child; they removed a tumor.

Ohh, I do remember that now!  I have a small dent in my forehead too about my eyebrow, so I shouldn't criticize.  At first I thought it was something weird with her makeup, then a shadow.  I will endeavor to ignore it :)

I was pleased to see that she really seems to be giving David a chance, unlike some people (coughSAMcough).

• Love 2

I'm thinking the honeymoon location has something to do with people's body issues. If you don't want to be seen in a bathing suit on TV, they won't send you to a beach. I doubt it's much more complicated than that.

Also:

Neil should have told Sam he doesn't find her attractive either. I would have loved to see how understanding she'd be.

Vanessa let some crazy show. She sounds like the girl who asks if you're ready for marriage on the first date. I've dated women like her and, if you say the right (or wrong?) things, they get freakishly attached very quickly. One turned stalker after we broke up.

Ashley is boring and she needs to wax that lip.

Tres doesn't seem genuine to me. Like he's always looking for the right thing to say, rather than what's on his mind.

David is a cool dude who's about the most normal guy on the show. I have 6 friends like him and they've all made great husbands and fathers.

• Love 6

I'm not watching the show but rather saving time reading others comments which I lke.

As for Tres: I was a serial dater that when I met my current wife and I didn't have the need to brag about my past for one reason. I was secure with who I was.

Tres is very insecure to need to brag about his past.

• Love 1

Sam - My god what a nightmare....she chastises Neil for the footie PJ's which are quite obviously a joke meanwhile she acts like a lunatic the rest of the time. 

David - I normally have a pet peeve of people who are just 'meat and potatoes' type when it comes to eating and will not go out of their comfort zone at all to try things, but not only did he go and try that pea soup, he then states the most under the radar romantic thing anyone has stated on three seasons of this show, where he says to Ashley ' I would totally eat this at home if you made it....because I know that you would make it better'.  I know I am not giving that moment justice but I was like...damn....perfect!

Good point about Sam. She is horrified by Neil putting on those PJs but she thinks starting a pillow fight is totally fine and not at all childish.

Totally agree about David, too.

• Love 4

David's reaction to the pea soup shooter was strange. Green soup? Cold soup? No spoon? He's like a 6-year-old kid. And he doesn't eat "green things"? His colon is in for a rude awakening.

I think I missed something.  What did Trey say to Vanessa that led her to conclude he wasn't ready to be married?

Vanessa's judgement of Tres intentions was too quick IMO. I think she was getting scared that she was falling too hard for Tres, so she looked for something to confirm that the match was too good to be true. It's healthy to have doubts but it doesn't help to automatically assume the worst.

Poor Neil, matched with such a doofus. I've really taken a liking to him but Sam is super annoying. She was needlessly snotty about his joke pajamas, too. What happened to all that "quirkiness" she's so proud of in herself?

Sam's reaction to the pajamas was hideous. She knew it was a joke but refused to let him enjoy it. I think she needs to be the center of attention so only her jokes are allowed. I also think her dad is super happy to have Sam out of his hair. ("She's all yours, Neil. Take her. Please.")

• Love 9

I'm thinking the honeymoon location has something to do with people's body issues. If you don't want to be seen in a bathing suit on TV, they won't send you to a beach. I doubt it's much more complicated than that.

Also:

Neil should have told Sam he doesn't find her attractive either. I would have loved to see how understanding she'd be.

Vanessa let some crazy show. She sounds like the girl who asks if you're ready for marriage on the first date. I've dated women like her and, if you say the right (or wrong?) things, they get freakishly attached very quickly. One turned stalker after we broke up.

Ashley is boring and she needs to wax that lip.

Tres doesn't seem genuine to me. Like he's always looking for the right thing to say, rather than what's on his mind.

David is a cool dude who's about the most normal guy on the show. I have 6 friends like him and they've all made great husbands and fathers.

That's a good point about body issues.  Never thought of that but it could be true.

I think Neil should have told Sam he wasn't into her either, maybe that would have shaken her up a bit.

I agree about Vanessa, something about her bugs me, too desperate maybe?  

I haven't noticed Ashley's lip, is it the lighting?

I agree about David, he's boring to me, but I bet he'd be a great husband and father, sometimes boring isn't so bad.  The only thing that bugs me about him is he looks ten years older than he says he is.  

• Love 5

I laughed and laughed when he came out his his "big spoon" footie jammies! He is HILARIOUS. I love his deadpan humor. I love how patient and unflappable he is. I thought Sam was outdoorsy and athletic? Neil, game as hell, jumping in to the water. Sam, whining and cringing and wondering why Neil wasn't checking on her. I cannot with this girl.

That part killed me tbh. She was mad at him for not checking up on her and catering to her needs but... but she had just told him how unattractive she thought he was just a few hours before that. She's lucky he didn't let her drown. Neil said it didn't hurt that much and he understood... but he's human and he has feelings and the person who he was a matched to marry, a person he LIKES doesn't like him

• Love 7

I may be in the minority - not too many seem to like Ashley - but I kind of admire her - in the crazy world of reality tv she may have the best strategy = I am sure the producers wanted more crazy from her but at least she has some dignity

Just imagine how family, future employers, future lover/spouse, future kids feel when they see some of the trainwreck people ? 

• Love 5

The interesting thing about Ashley vs Sam is Ashley wasn't attracted to David at first either.  But she didn't say anything to him, sure she acted cold, but she didn't tell him she wasn't attracted to him.  When he kissed her hand at the reception, she changed her tune, he treated her nice and even though he wasn't physically her type, she was willing to say, "okay, let's see where this goes."  Even though Sam verbalizes that, she doesn't act that way at all.

I think Sam is the type who doesn't know what she wants.  She says she wants one thing, you give it to her and she complains; she says she wants something else, you give that to her and still she complains; I don't think she'll ever be satisfied.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
How come two of the couples got to go to Caribbean islands and one got Arizona?

I've always wondered how they go about deciding which couple goes where, because clearly these vacations are not equal.  I don't think it's fair that one couple gets to go swimming and scuba diving in the Caribbean while another goes bowling in Arizona.  The "no passport" rule seems to be in effect, because I've noticed that on all three seasons of the show, all the honeymoons were in the U.S. or one of it's Territories. 

The general word from reality show participants is that they "forget the cameras are there." But does it happen right away? Because I can't imagine how these couples, who are already dealing with -- as the experts slowly explain to us -- a lot of stress and worry over marrying a stranger, are seemingly so comfortable with camera crews filming them laying in bed with each other in a hotel room after they've just met. It's damned odd.

• Love 1

Oh yeah, the pillowfight was all sublimated aggression. She feels upset, trapped and helpless, so she's lashing out in an "acceptable" way. Neil handled it well.

And I will be anyone here a week's pay that the minute Neil turns the tables on her and lets her know he has reservations, she will be all sweetness and light, trying to win him over.

Totally an aggressive move on her part.  Especially when she had the bolsters, which aren't soft at all, they're supposed to be really firm, and she whacked him on the head pretty hard.  And then Neil throws a bed pillow at her while she holds both the bolsters and laughs at him.  She's just unpleasant all the way around.

• Love 4

I live in Florida have been on 30 plus cruises and have vacationed on islands - both all inclusive and regular

Trust me - you do not need passport for US Virgin Islands - St Thomas/John/Croix...and/or Puerto Rico

US territories, you have every right to go there, they have every right to come here, marry a local ? sure NO K1 visa needed <grin>

You do not need a passport to go to Ohio either

Trust me - you currently do not need passport for a cruise that is round trip from US to a number of islands and us...must leave and return same port

Bahamas, Mexico, most of the islands - just offical state birth cert and dl /picture id -

(this was  post 9/11 compromise to aid tourism and aid cruiselines lobby)

You need passport for other countries of course - I have one - but I just want to state facts cause people keep saying need passport for these islands and /or a cruise

• Love 4

I live in Florida have been on 30 plus cruises and have vacationed on islands - both all inclusive and regular

Trust me - you do not need passport for US Virgin Islands - St Thomas/John/Croix...and/or Puerto Rico

US territories, you have every right to go there, they have every right to come here, marry a local ? sure NO K1 visa needed <grin>

You do not need a passport to go to Ohio either

Trust me - you currently do not need passport for a cruise that is round trip from US to a number of islands and us...must leave and return same port

Bahamas, Mexico, most of the islands - just offical state birth cert and dl /picture id -

(this was  post 9/11 compromise to aid tourism and aid cruiselines lobby)

You need passport for other countries of course - I have one - but I just want to state facts cause people keep saying need passport for these islands and /or a cruise

Yup, closed port cruise, leaving one city returning to the same. No passport.  I also live in Fl

• Love 1

I agree about David, he's boring to me, but I bet he'd be a great husband and father, sometimes boring isn't so bad.  The only thing that bugs me about him is he looks ten years older than he says he is.  

You might be surprised at David.  Sometimes the guys who seem boring have a quiet dry wit that is really funny and/or they have a different side to their personality that they show privately. 

• Love 5

That part killed me tbh. She was mad at him for not checking up on her and catering to her needs but... but she had just told him how unattractive she thought he was just a few hours before that. She's lucky he didn't let her drown. Neil said it didn't hurt that much and he understood... but he's human and he has feelings and the person who he was a matched to marry, a person he LIKES doesn't like him

Neil didn't check on Sam when they were in the water because he was waiting for that shark.

• Love 8

I don't blame Vanessa for being upset that Tres is a player.  Dating and marriage is hard enough without having someone who goes from woman to woman.  I would never date a guy who screws around that much since they usually continue it after they are dating or married.  They just hide it.

• Love 3

I don't blame Vanessa for being upset that Tres is a player.  Dating and marriage is hard enough without having someone who goes from woman to woman.  I would never date a guy who screws around that much since they usually continue it after they are dating or married.  They just hide it.

I'm kind of confused about this.  Shouldn't people date a lot before they get married?  Do most people only date one or two people, then get married?  Is Tres a player or does he just date a lot?  

• Love 3

Please do not attack me for what I'm about to say, or flag me. I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I can totally see why Sam was turned off by Neil's "onesie". Why would he do this? Because he's quirky and has a dry sense of humor? No. Because he knows he's not good looking and proceeded to commit couples suicide by immediately PUTTING HIMSELF in the "friends zone"...or child's zone, I don't know. Not all of us have to have a "manly man", but let's face it ladies...we don't want a wimp either. And if Sam didn't think it before, she sure does now with his little stunt. Put yourself in her place for a moment. This guy has nerd written all over him, and at first, second, and third glance, he's not remotely attractive. So you need to buck up (which Sam appears incapable of doing) and say I'll look past all that and try to find out where we are compatible in intelligence and personality. Then he immediately puts this picture in her mind of a grown man wearing a toddler's jammies. She's at fault, but so is he.

That being said, I don't have any problems with David. I think he's kind of cute. A couple posters said he and Ashley were boring. I say Hallelujah. That makes them a REAL couple. Because most of us lead boring lives...it's just how life is. So if they can continue to grow together, I see a good chance for them.

Think Vanessa overreacted to Tres last night. Like another poster said, you could almost see her deflate when he said marriage was not actually on his mind when he applied for the show (how's that again?). OK, Vanessa, be a little disappointed, but don't jump to conclusions yet. Maybe you are the woman who makes him want to commit and have a family with. I hope so. I'm keeping an open mind about Tres at this point.

• Love 8

Please do not attack me for what I'm about to say, or flag me. I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I can totally see why Sam was turned off by Neil's "onesie". Why would he do this? Because he's quirky and has a dry sense of humor? No. Because he knows he's not good looking and proceeded to commit couples suicide by immediately PUTTING HIMSELF in the "friends zone"...or child's zone, I don't know. Not all of us have to have a "manly man", but let's face it ladies...we don't want a wimp either. And if Sam didn't think it before, she sure does now with his little stunt. Put yourself in her place for a moment. This guy has nerd written all over him, and at first, second, and third glance, he's not remotely attractive. So you need to buck up (which Sam appears incapable of doing) and say I'll look past all that and try to find out where we are compatible in intelligence and personality. Then he immediately puts this picture in her mind of a grown man wearing a toddler's jammies. She's at fault, but so is he.

That being said, I don't have any problems with David. I think he's kind of cute. A couple posters said he and Ashley were boring. I say Hallelujah. That makes them a REAL couple. Because most of us lead boring lives...it's just how life is. So if they can continue to grow together, I see a good chance for them.

Think Vanessa overreacted to Tres last night. Like another poster said, you could almost see her deflate when he said marriage was not actually on his mind when he applied for the show (how's that again?). OK, Vanessa, be a little disappointed, but don't jump to conclusions yet. Maybe you are the woman who makes him want to commit and have a family with. I hope so. I'm keeping an open mind about Tres at this point.

In an earlier post while I criticized Sam for being so freaked out by Neil's onesie, I do kinda agree that Neil should have thought twice about breaking that out.  He isn't a 'man's man' so it did emasculate him somewhat however, after he witnessed Sham acting like even more of a buffoon at the wedding, I am sure that he thought that she would appreciate it, think its funny, and break the tension.  But I do admit that I too winced at the onesy....I just didn't expect that completely negative reaction from Sham

Also, after she said she was not attracted to him in a very blunt and uncaring manner, rather than take the high road, I would have loved to have seen Neil say 'Well, I am not sure I am attracted to you either especially after that statement, however I have been willing to give this a shot'

• Love 4

JapMo, I won't attack you at all, in fact I kind of agree with you.  I don't think Neil is attractive at all, but that's at first sight (see what I did there?).  Sometimes men can do one little thing that will make me think, "damn, he's hot," and he didn't physically change his appearance, it's something that he did that changed MY mind.  Neil in that onesie was not cute, not cute.

• Love 2

I don't think he's unattractive. At all. I think he's cute. He has kind eyes and a nice smile. He's intelligent and witty He has excellent manners. And he's no wimp. He loves skydiving and snowboarding. He was completely game to snorkel, and looked perfectly at home in the water. I thought the onesie was hilarious and I thought it was a cute, funny way to break the ice. He knew Sam was feeling very awkward and was hoping to make her laugh. I don't expect a man to be Tarzan. It wouldn't have fazed me one bit to see my mate being a little silly and having some harmless fun. I can see that it might put some people off, but there you go. Life's rich pageant.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 12

Sam is obnoxious and narcissistic. The "experts" didn't pick up on that during their extensive assessments. By the way, did anyone pick up Epstein's bullshit reasoning for matching them? Neil is not assertive thus needs strong personality Sam to become more outgoing. Idiots.

Tres was kind of bragging about his past and Vanessa overreacted a little. He told on himself by talking about taking an "opportunity". I know FYI won't air that shit but Tres probably admitted to being scouted and not actively looking for marriage. Vanessa should just play along and take this way less seriously, cause I too question Tres' true intentions.

David and Ashley. David is growing on me. I'm still stuck on my first impression of Ashley. She just got the "nice" edit this week. Her inner (and outer) bitch will be back in no time.

• Love 2

I'm kind of confused about this.  Shouldn't people date a lot before they get married?  Do most people only date one or two people, then get married?  Is Tres a player or does he just date a lot?  

Nothing wrong with dating many people.  I think Tres is a player which usually means one night stands.

• Love 2

Nothing wrong with dating many people.  I think Tres is a player which usually means one night stands.

At his bachelor party. His friends alluded to him sleeping with girls as soon as he meets him. To put he crudely: he probably pumped and dumped. 

Edited by moonxyz

I like Neil. He seems to be smart, funny in a quirky way, well-spoken, a bit reserved, and not rude or overbearing. Sam, on the other hand, is trying to be quirky, zany, funny, sarcastic, and she is so annoying. Come on, Sam. The onesie was a joke. A joke. Get it. He came out in it for a laugh and then was going to change out of it, not wear it the whole night. Neil needs someone who is smart, witty, and has a better sense of humor. Sam is self-absorbed and is trying too hard. When she said she didn't find Neil attractive, or whatever she said to that effect, he looked hurt but handled it well. He's much more mature than Sam. She is so childish and selfish. Even her Dad and other family members seemed worried about the manic way she was acting at the wedding ceremony. She is not quirky, as the experts kept repeaitng, she's strange. Neil is level-headed and stable. He'll need the patience of a saint to deal with her. Poor guy being saddled with that mess!

Edited by Matty
  • Love 10

So, the onesie was a bit much. But I actually thought it was very smart/cute on his part. It's your wedding night, and there's all kinds of stress and insinuations about what that means. I thought the onesie was kind of a cute way of saying "Don't worry- I'm not expecting sex". I wanted to give Sam the benefit of the doubt with her behavior at the wedding. I was honestly hoping that she had tried to calm her nerves with a little too much alcohol and that her behavior was out of character for her. Nope. She's immature, poorly behaved, and clearly thinks she is much better than her new husband. Which is a giant shame, since Neil seems to be the most genuine person on the show this far (of any season) and, though not my type physically, a great guy.

I think Vanessa is overthinking the Tres thing. Yes, maybe he was a player. Maybe he wasn't necessarily looking for marriage from the get go. He did say that he was wanting a more serious relationship, and that he had always planned on getting married. Then again, one of the biggest players I've ever met got married out of nowhere (they had been dating 2 weeks, and no, she wasn't pregnant) Several years later, he's a devoted and fantastic husband and father who explains it by saying "When you know, you know. I wasn't looking to get married. But I did want to marry (wife's name here)"

I really am starting to like Ashley. It seems like she's receptive to really giving David a chance, and his soup comments were adorably sweet. She wasn't attracted to her husband either, but, by keeping her mouth shut about it (ahem, Sam!), she left room for the relationship to progress and move past that. Sam's bluntness was a great way of her saying "I'm not interested in even giving you a chance"

• Love 7

I totally agree with you - I learned a long time ago not to confuse "nerdy" with "boring".  And Ashley is an introvert.  As an introvert I would say that "quiet" doesn't necessarily mean "boring" either.  Ashley is quite an introvert and probably a bit camera shy as well.   She may actually have a lot more going on inside her than is apparent.  As my mom used to say, "Still waters run deep".  David made mention of how he's more extroverted than she is on the honeymoon.  I think David is cute too, but then again I've always liked geeky guys that are a little cute, like him.  They can actually be very nice.

I had that same thought - That to a woman who's not finding him all that attractive to begin with, the onesie was her worst nightmare come true - Putting him in an even worse light than in regular clothes.  But that's only because that's where HER head was at the time, not his.  I think this happened before she told him she wasn't finding him attractive.  I really don't know if it's fair to expect Neil to know at that point that it might have that effect on her - or any woman.  I just can't see expecting him to go "Oh I'm not that good looking so I better not put that on".  If it was a joke, that was the POINT, for him to not look attractive!  Then again if my husband put that on, I'd still find him attractive.  My husband could wear a potato sack and I'd find him sexually attractive!  I think if she found him at all attractive in the first place the onesie would not have made any difference.  I don't think Neil is attractive either, but he's one of those guys for which character and personality can win a girl over.  Unfortunately I don't think Sam is that girl.  She's ridiculous.  Give the guy a freaking chance, what do you have to lose?  Do young women today not know how to "play coy" with a guy?  I think Ashley knows how to do that.  She's not tipping her hand until she has more information.  Sam is too crass and immature to know how to do that.

• Love 3

Please do not attack me for what I'm about to say, or flag me. I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I can totally see why Sam was turned off by Neil's "onesie". Why would he do this?

I'll bet money the producers bought it and told him to do it.

Didn't we learn from last season that there are certain days when the film crew shows up?

While Neil is not my normal cup of tea the more I see of him the more I adore him, his roll with it attitude and dry sense of humor is what I love in a man so I would have totally cracked up and took it for the joke that it was. From Sam's twitter it seems she is over it too and he gave her a little spoon onsie as a wedding(I assume) gift. I have my fingers crossed that she realises how unfair she is being to Neil and opens up and gets to know him before it is too late.

sam_ma10.jpg