Type keyword(s) to search

What will you miss most (or least) about the show?

I know that we've expressed general thoughts about the show in various episode threads, but with the show's end, I thought people might want to express those thoughts in a single thread.

I'll miss those cycles in which Nigel was a judge and one of the challenge wins (each cycle) included doing a nude photoshoot with him as the photographer.

I'd always side eye that challenge.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

I'll miss contestants who think that their walk is all that being made fun of by Miss J for being terrible on the catwalk.

This also reminded me of when Jourdan thought clients telling her that her walk was "too good" was a positive thing, until Tyra and Co slammed her.

• Love 2

The one thing that kept me coming back for years was the chance to see the photography process (well, pieces of it) and the resulting photos. How some of those photographers captured what they did was a mystery and a source of fascination for me. End came during whatever cycle, when they started screwing with that - the silly gifs and other nonsense that ruined the end product. That it also corresponded with the start of the random assigning of scores (and other complete nonsense) slammed the old coffin shut, encased it in cement, and tossed into whatever ocean was nearby at the time.

• Love 5

The one thing that kept me coming back for years was the chance to see the photography process (well, pieces of it) and the resulting photos. How some of those photographers captured what they did was a mystery and a source of fascination for me. End came during whatever cycle, when they started screwing with that - the silly gifs and other nonsense that ruined the end product. That it also corresponded with the start of the random assigning of scores (and other complete nonsense) slammed the old coffin shut, encased it in cement, and tossed into whatever ocean was nearby at the time.

I, too, enjoyed watching the photographic process. Even more, I enjoyed when there was a different photographer each week.

No "And your photographer this week is Erik Asla."

• Love 1

"It's so hard being away from my (son/daughter/boyfriend/family), but I'm making this sacrifice to make a better life for my family."

How any hamster could say this with a straight face is mind-boggling.  

Edited by Fabricationary
  • Love 2

"It's so hard being away from my (son/daughter/boyfriend/family), but I'm making this sacrifice to make a better life for my family."

How any hamster could say this with a straight face is mind-boggling.  

I'll never understand why those contestants didn't think to sign up for a regular job that was within reach rather than a pipe dream appearance on a reality show that they weren't likely to win.

• Love 2

I will 'miss' viewing Tyra's increasingly disturbing and breathtakingly escalating:

⭐"Damn, Tyra" delusions, arrogance and ego maniacal machinations, grinding semi-sadistic 'advice' and make-overs, extreme hypocrisy, horrifying sartorial choices, disdain of 'pageanteers', and her ABSOLUTE loathing of female African-American Ivy/Ivyish School Collegiates.⭐

• Love 3

I'll miss hearing about the amazing prizes every week.  And the confusing attempt at an "objective" score that was completely subjective.

Oh and Tyra pretending to care about things like STEM because she probably saw it on the back on a SkyMall magazine.  And the humor of using models who know nothing about STEM to sell young girls on STEM....because as we all know, models are the thought leaders in everything.

• Love 5

I will 'miss' viewing Tyra's increasingly disturbing and breathtakingly escalating:

⭐"Damn, Tyra" delusions, arrogance and ego maniacal machinations, grinding semi-sadistic 'advice' and make-overs, extreme hypocrisy, horrifying sartorial choices, disdain of 'pageanteers', and her ABSOLUTE loathing of female African-American Ivy/Ivyish School Collegiates.⭐

Don't forget contestants who were moms at the time they went on their cycle.  If I recall correctly, she never gave the ANTM crown to any of them.

• Love 1

I will miss the sassy girls who say "I AM America's Next Top Model" but then get eliminated the first week for a really bad picture. And the ones who "want it so bad" and are on the show to "win, not to make friends". Also the exotic dancers, beauty pageant winners, single mothers and Ivy leaguers who think they can win, but don't realize that Tyra is never going to give the crown to an exotic dancer/pageant winner/single mother/Ivy Leaguer. Oh, and the hamsters who are too short, too old, or have absolutely zero modeling potential but think they can be models because they attended Tyra's T-Zone camp. And the borderline plus-size who need to "check yo thighs in da mirrah!"

• Love 2

Oh, the Ty-overs.... so bad!!  WTF was she thinking with some of those looks.  I always looked forward to watching someone get their head shaved while they sobbed.

that was always Tyra's way, wasn't it?  Its like she would really look for the girl that was into her hair, or was proud of her hair, or attached to her hair and make it her mission to destroys the girls self esteem.  The best part would be when the girl would just look awful being bald and Tyra would try to convince everyone that the girl's bald misshapen head really brought out her features and that it was fierce.  

But to me, if bald heads were that fierce, why didn't Tyra ever shave off her hair?

• Love 5

I will miss the Ty-overs, Miss Jay, all the pho-tos, the go-sees, Nigel Barker, and the finales (whether I had someone to root for or not). I always enjoyed seeing the finalists walk the runways, shoot the Cover Girl commercials and the photos for the Cover Girl winning ad. One would think with 22 cycles there would have at least been two all-star cycles. I guess it wasn't in the cards. I also will miss when Tyra and Miss Jay would release their ghetto fabulousness lol. 

ETA: Dreckitude ftw!!!

Edited by yourpointis
  • Love 1

I'll never understand why those contestants didn't think to sign up for a regular job that was within reach rather than a pipe dream appearance on a reality show that they weren't likely to win.

Oh, I think for most of them this was like a lottery ticket + fun adventure, with the additional bonus of a potential book if not the great "prize" for them.

Don't forget contestants who were moms at the time they went on their cycle.  If I recall correctly, she never gave the ANTM crown to any of them.

Nothing to do with your post, but reading "mom" in the same sentence as "went on to their cycle" screamed pregant again! to me. I know that was not your intention and I know I'm being very silly here. 

Edited by NutMeg
  • Love 2

Nothing to do with your post, but reading "mom" in the same sentence as "went on to their cycle" screamed pregant again! to me. I know that was not your intention and I know I'm being very silly here. 

I know others have speculated that Tyra called her seasons "cycles" to mimic female monthly flows.

Falling in love with the model who doesn't win...Will, Mercedes, Nastasia, Aminat, Nik, Marjorie, Analeigh, Hannah, exotic dancer Lisa, Katarzyna, Corey...

"Ty-overs", always my favorite episodes.

I will miss when it was good enough for Cover Girl photo shoots and commercials, Mr. Jay, Nigel Barker, Janice, Twiggy, and Paulina...not Bryan Boy, social media voting, and Eric Asla!

Not going to miss Tyra's made-up words, blatantly choosing poor photos to send someone home, Miss Jay's nonsense (let the man coach runway, but other than that don't let him speak!), or the ever lowering prize level.

The makeovers! I always loved when one girl would get a really fabulous long, silky weave that made her look amazing and would then totally criticize the poor girl who is crying because she got a bowl cut and a bad platinum dye job that came out straw yellow, telling her she shouldn't complain because it's what Tyra wants. Like, that's easy to say when you don't look like The Little Dutch Boy!

I will not miss Tyra and her inflated ego, and delusions. She just gets on my nerves. ANTM has made me strongly dislike Tyra Banks or as some call her Typrah Winbanks since she wants to be like Oprah so much. 

Quite frankly IMO I'm not going to miss the show because Tyra ruined it when she started talking endlessly about herself, brought Kelly Ugly Ass Cutrone into the show, the social media thing, and having these men and women humiliate themselves and do things that have absolutely nothing to do with modeling. Tyra hasn't produced not one single top model yet she said that she can spot a top model when she sees one. Oh really??? 

• Love 2

I really wont miss this show at all to be honest. I liked Tyra in the earlier seasons but after a while she just started to  rub me the wrong way.  After cycle 17 of all stars I stopped watching all together because I hated the way it ended and I only watched this show because of the fashion and the guys Nygel Barker and Ms Jay.  It was time for it to end so long