Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E10: Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil / S31.E11: My Wheels Are Spinning

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Nice to see that these are two actual episodes where two people are getting voted out.  For some reason, I seem to have thought that the week of Thanksgiving is always a recrap episode.

It used to be in the past, but I think that is when Survivor was on Thursdays.  It was a recap plus some bonus footage (which usually wasn't much).

I'm at work so not able to pay as close attention as I'd like-but I take it they won't be going back to Cambodia during the rainy season again.

Wow, only Keith and Joe decided to play for immunity.  Joe would have been an idiot to give it up, but Keith probably feels pressure after the blindside last week and being close to Joe.  Given the fact that everyone was on board with Stephen to finally get rid of Joe, I don't think he is going anywhere (hopefully).  Too obvious.  Wonder if someone will beg for a mercy boot.

Makes me wonder if Joe came back a third time, would people risk letting him get to the merge phase just to use as a shield and to win challenges before the merge?  Because last season, Rodney wanted him gone for threat purposes and he ended up proving Rodney right at the first 3 challenges at the merge.  No one wanted to boot him when Fishbach wanted to, now he's on an immunity streak.  Has he lost anything except that one RC when it was new new Bayon?  In reality, they needed just 5 people to sit out.  The fact that all but 2 sat out is kind of on them for Joe winning immunity.  Keith is no slouch, but the odds of Joe winning were great.

So is this so long Keith then?  Okay, they are making this too obvious that it is Stephen.  I'm going with one of the amigas or Keith.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

That reward challenge should be a professional sport. I would watch it all day long.

Jeremy is a TOTAL moron. He has totally destroyed what was his excellent chance to win the last 2 weeks. He should divorce Val and marry Fishbach because he is obviously, obsessively in love with him.

• Love 17

Bah. I'm no fan of Ciera, but I wasn't rooting for her to go home yet.  

I felt a little bit sorry for Stephen for being sick until he mentioned hashtagging his gastrointestinal distress like a douchewad.  Then I just wanted him gone.  Darn it, Jeremy, why didn't you hang on to your idols?

Million dollar rock indeed.  I suppose most of them thought they couldn't win the challenge anyway, and that it was a good chance to pretend to be sacrificing their own immunity for the greater good.  But Joe was right - if he'd shown a white rock, he'd be going home.  No two ways about it.  

The little boy at the reward challenge was so absolutely adorable.  

• Love 12

I have to say. (while joe obviously had his reasons), people were kinda class about it, where I think if it were me, I'd be like. dude. since the rain doesn't bother you like it does all of us -  you can build a leanto and we can enjoy the shelter.

And that is probably why I could never play. 

• Love 6

Interesting damage control after both tribals.  Jeremy is a smooth operator.

This could be the worst weather they have ever shown us.  Torrential and relentless.

I wonder why they didn't do a little work and reinforce that shelter themselves.

That reward challenge was wicked.  

Stephen was a mess, but seemed to recover

Wentworth ticked me off.  "He made his own bed....by winning" righteous BS.

Interesting twist with the rocks for shelter.  I guess TPTB couldn't have the whole cast get sick and tap out.

Joe knows what a big target he is.  He's screwed either way.  Just not this week. Keith?  Who knows.

Savage needs to lose that stupid hat.

Interesting TC.  Very complicated the shifting of the blocs.  I could see everybody's POV, they all seem to have good reasons for who they want to vote out.

I won't miss Ciera, but I won't miss Fishback when he goes either.

That was good.  Psyched for Part II

• Love 10

Oh Jeremy don't trust whiny baby Fishbach. He's in it to win at all cost. I was glad Ciera went home but I was looking forward to poopy pants going home.

I don't blame Joe for picking the black rock. If he hadn't won immunity he would have gone home for sure.

That rain storm was crazy. I did feel bad for everyone. Their hands and feet were white.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 7

That reward challenge was positively brutal!  I felt so sorry for them with the cold and rain.  

That being said, I hate those type of challenges.  Why do they feel the need to pit them against each other like that.  It makes me very uncomfortable to watch.

I wonder what they would have done if just Joe held out the black rock.  I agree he had no choice.

• Love 9

Jeremy just made his target bigger.  He must have some great confidence that he has people with him to not go after him after this vote.  Of course, he still has a second idol, and Stephen has his advantage.  But that's 2 (or 3, counting the advantage) votes.  Plus Spencer would be 4.  If people wanted to break them up, this is a good time to do it.  I wonder if Stephen's figured it out that he has no chance at winning against Jeremy.

I'm ready for Fishbach to go.  He's added nothing to this game but comedy for me, and now I'm over him.  I feel like they would have been doing him a favor getting rid of him.  Hoping Joe wins immunity because he's a goner otherwise, unless everyone wants to break up Jeremy/Stephen/Spencer and targets them.  My guess is the advantage comes out.

Finally a non new school challenge!  I remember back in Borneo, there was a montage of Rudy answering 'I don't know' to every question.  Rudy admitted he didn't really try in those challenges because he knew he was safe.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 9

Finally a non new school challenge!  I remember back in Borneo, there was a montage of Rudy answering 'I don't know' to every question.  Rudy admitted he didn't really try in those challenges because he knew he was safe.

I'm over Stephen

(over me? when were you under me? /Ross from Friends) as well, but I was excited for this challenge. i just asked for one of these in the challenge thread, but wow. Ioved the twist that you only knew when you were right at the display case (usually it was at the booth)

Also: Yeah, Wentworth. :D

• Love 6

I really wish they would bring in more challenges from older seasons.  If endurance is their thing, they had some tough endurances challenges back then (thinking of the final 3 challenges in Thailand and Amazon).

Is anyone clueing the cast in yet that voting block isn't anything new or original?

Nice to see Abi is getting back to form a little.  Also, why would Stephen tell Jeremy and Tasha what his advantage is?  He obviously trusts them enough to think they won't double cross him-but Jeremy obviously hasn't trusted him enough to say he has another idol (or had the one he used on Fish in the first place).

Have to say I'm really getting worried for Joe :/

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

I don't think I can ever watch another "Survivor Know it All" because, Fish is stupid. What the hell? Why are you telling people your advantage, fool? Like don't say anything. Heck  (I was going to say, at least say you can vote extra) but dont' tell them about the stealing aspect of it!

I didn't think this would happen but I am really enjoying Abi. (Yay). and I  am ecstatic that Wentworth has the idol (again).  

• Love 10

I really wish they would bring in more challenges from older seasons. If endurance is their thing, they had some tough endurances challenges back then (thinking of the final 3 challenges in Thailand and Amazon).

Is anyone clueing the cast in yet that voting block isn't anything new or original?

Nice to see Abi is getting back to form a little. Also, why would Stephen tell Jeremy and Tasha what his advantage is? He obviously trusts them enough to think they won't double cross him-but Jeremy obviously hasn't trusted him enough to say he has another idol (or had the one he used on Fish in the first place).

Have to say I'm really getting worried for Joe :/

Lol I have been worried about Joe for the last three episodes. I am really ready for Stephen to leave.

• Love 8

I don't think I can ever watch another "Survivor Know it All" because, Fish is stupid. What the hell? Why are you telling people your advantage, fool? Like don't say anything. Heck  (I was going to say, at least say you can vote extra) but dont' tell them about the stealing aspect of it!

I didn't think this would happen but I am really enjoying Abi. (Yay). and I  am ecstatic that Wentworth has the idol (again).  

I'm just glad it isn't Jeremy (again) or Stephen.  I liked Stephen prior to the start of this season, but my impression of him has gone extremely negative.  Especially since he couldn't take the negativity at first with his portrayl.  I get that that is something he has no control over, but he openly said he was worried about playing with some of these people purposely because he had mocked them in the past.  He's a Survivor poser in terms of game play, and he's getting carried and manipulated by Jeremy.

Damn!  Well, I guess they will try and spin this to look like it won't be Joe going :(  I just wanted him to outlast Stephen *sigh*  Oh well, at least he'll be on the jury.

Lol I have been worried about Joe for the last three episodes. I am really ready for Stephen to leave.

I don't want him to go anywhere, but sometimes it is less stressful for me to just get the inevitable out of the way lol I'm ready for Stephen to go.  I wouldn't care if Tasha went, or Kimmi I guess.  But Stephen is my #1.  Hopefully it'll be his time!  Though if Joe loses, they might as well skip TC and just let him be on his merry way to Ponderosa.

Something to learn about editing, too, they must really love teasing those of us that want Stephen gone.  Twice they made it look like an obvious Stephen boot, and both times he survived.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

I'm just glad it isn't Jeremy (again) or Stephen. I liked Stephen prior to the start of this season, but my impression of him has gone extremely negative. Especially since he couldn't take the negativity at first with his portrayl. I get that that is something he has no control over, but he openly said he was worried about playing with some of these people purposely because he had mocked them in the past. He's a Survivor poser in terms of game play, and he's getting carried and manipulated by Jeremy.

I don't want him to go anywhere, but sometimes it is less stressful for me to just get the inevitable out of the way lol I'm ready for Stephen to go. I wouldn't care if Tasha went, or Kimmi I guess. But Stephen is my #1. Hopefully it'll be his time! Though if Joe loses, they might as well skip TC and just let him be on his merry way to Ponderosa.

Ha! A part of me feels the same way - if it's going to happen have it happen now so I can just watch again without getting nervous.

And yes, I don't think I could watch that TC knowing that there is no suspense. I can't think of any person that wouldn't vote for him!

• Love 1

I'm just glad it isn't Jeremy (again) or Stephen.  I liked Stephen prior to the start of this season, but my impression of him has gone extremely negative.  Especially since he couldn't take the negativity at first with his portrayl.  I get that that is something he has no control over, but he openly said he was worried about playing with some of these people purposely because he had mocked them in the past.  He's a Survivor poser in terms of game play, and he's getting carried and manipulated by Jeremy.

I totally agree with you.

i really enjoyed him in Survivor 18. but it's like. come on, dude. act like you've played before. 

hee Jeff jinxed Joe. ♥♥ it.

• Love 2

Ugh, Joe sucks.  Come up with a different strategy!  If I was Joe, that is literally all I would be doing, making an alliance just in case that would be loyal to me and vice versa.

I used to think I was rooting for Jeremy and Spencer but it's clear now to me where my loyalties really lie.  If Spencer is willing to go against Jeremy then screw him!  However if Spencer leaves the game I'll be way more bored. 

• Love 3

What the fuck?!  Why does Wentworth suddenly want to back Joe instead of Stephen now!??!?!?!?!!?!?  Nooooooooooooooo .  I thought Wentworth did not want Joe around.  Why would ANYONE want this fucking immunity monster around?  

I can't believe I missed Abi's crazy machinations and I'm happy they are back today.

Oh my god, Spencer hanging with Abi is the most hilarious thing so far hahahahahahahhahahahahahah.  Boy Who Wants to be a Human is dealing with Woman Who Doesn't Use the Logic.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15

I guess it is too much to hope for that Wentworth would play her idol for Joe.  I mean, I think she'd be an idiot to do so, but maybe that would be a way to break up Stephen/Jeremy.  And no one would be expecting Joe to be saved, so it would be too late for Stephen's advantage.  Jeremy could use his idol but it would be for himself, so they could ax Stephen.

• Love 3

Ugh, Joe sucks. Come up with a different strategy! If I was Joe, that is literally all I would be doing, making an alliance just in case that would be loyal to me and vice versa.

I used to think I was rooting for Jeremy and Spencer but it's clear now to me where my loyalties really lie. If Spencer is willing to go against Jeremy then screw him! However if Spencer leaves the game I'll be way more bored.

Well, I think that's what Joe thought he was doing...it's not his fault that two of the alliance members turned on him. Now, one could argue he could have stuck with his sub-alliance that he made with Kass, Keith, Kelley, et al, but that is a different story. Besides even with an alliance that is loyal to you, if you're playing with someone like Joe even the most loyal alliance member would vote someone like him out.

• Love 3

I have to say. (while joe obviously had his reasons), people were kinda class about it, where I think if it were me, I'd be like. dude. since the rain doesn't bother you like it does all of us - you can build a leanto and we can enjoy the shelter.

And that is probably why I could never play.

I don't think anyone could blame Joe. He knew if he didn't win immunity he would be headed to the jury.

I think the "million dollar mistake" talk was nonsense for most of the players. Only Keith, Joe, Tasha and possibly Jeremy and Spencer would have had any real shot at winning that challenge. It was not a "sacrifice" for the others as they had no chance to win.

• Love 21

Editors, you are toying with me.  Stop!  I know Kelley is not going to play her idol on Joe.  I also know you have to make this look exciting and like something unexpected will happen.  But I'm at peace with Joe leaving (well, not really, but I don't like being given false hope). 

Stephen will use his advantage, Jeremy will play his idol, somehow the numbers won't line up and Joe still goes home.  I'm not buying into this false hope (yet) producers!  But since it is the holiday season...maybe there's a chance?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I don't think anyone could blame Joe. He knew if he didn't win immunity he would be headed to the jury.

I think the "million dollar mistake" talk was nonsense for most of the players. Only Keith, Joe, Tasha and possibly Jeremy and Spencer would have had any real shot at winning that challenge. It was not a "sacrifice" for the others as they had no chance to win.

Oh I know. Like i said - this is why I couldn't really play. 

I don't blame Joe - it was just his comment. Had he just said "I would have done it, but I know y'all would go after me". i would have been fine. It was "Y'all are coming after me, and the rain doesn't bother me anyway." that made me a touch salty. 

• Love 2

Editors, you are toying with me. Stop! I know Kelley is not going to play her idol on Joe. I also know you have to make this look exciting and like something unexpected will happen. But I'm at peace with Joe leaving (well, not really, but I don't like being given false hope).

Yup! That's the problem with this - and its every episode - that's what happened in the last episode with Wigglesworth - I got up my hopes but the editors just got me again. No more.

• Love 2

Oh I know. Like i said - this is why I couldn't really play. 

I don't blame Joe - it was just his comment. Had he just said "I would have done it, but I know y'all would go after me". i would have been fine. It was "Y'all are coming after me, and the rain doesn't bother me anyway." that made me a touch salty. 

Yeah, that was kind of smarmy and dick-ish.  I'd have smacked him for that comment alone.

Edited to add: Ugh.  I just realized why the last few episodes had been more pleasant than the ones before--because Abi didn't get a lot of talking time.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 4

Everyone is throwing everyone under the bus.  See, they'll provide chaos and make it seem like Joe going is a blindside just so Jeff can keep up the phrase 'big moves this season' at the end.  Getting rid of Joe is no blindside or big move, no matter how they show it.

• Love 2

Everyone is throwing everyone under the bus. See, they'll provide chaos and make it seem like Joe going is a blindside just so Jeff can keep up the phrase 'big moves this season' at the end. Getting rid of Joe is no blindside or big move, no matter how they show it.

And yet they will still #blindside even though it is anything but. Ugh

Meanwhile, I don't know what's worse - watching it and knowing the inevitable or not watching it and waiting for the inevitable

Edited by Sarahsmile416
  • Love 2

Did Stephen basically vote himself out by throwing a vote to Abi? 

They really should have gotten rid of Joe, even though I like him. He will win again, and if he gets to Final Tribal he can win.

• Love 9

1.  Why have Jeremy and Stephen continued to trust Spencer forever in this game?

2.  I had another question...... but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

3.  Oh yeah, it was, why does nobody ever target Jeremy?  But I was so upset with how vulnerable Jeremy now is.

Spencer is a master at getting people to trust him - EVEN A.B.I.  I agree he is showing some game FINALLY!

And Jeremy is a master of cloaking himself!  I'd throw in a Harry Potter joke here but I've never actually read the books.  Just assume what I said was witty

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15