Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E10: Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil / S31.E11: My Wheels Are Spinning

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

And since this had never been done before (hiding an idol in a challenge) it almost guaranteed the clue finder was the only person that would "find" it.

Not necessarily...

Jeremy mentioned being more attentive during challenges after he found his idol to see if anyone else was doing the same. 

Exactly.  Somebody else in the game would know about the existence of HIIs in challenges - namely, a player who had already found one. 

Since the moment KeWe found the first challenge-based HII - I haven't heard her say a word about it, but ever since I've suspected she (like Jeremy) thereafter always attempted to keep an eagle eye out during challenges for any atypical movements by other players, to see if she could catch one doing a similar idol harvest.

• Love 1

That's true. Probst specifcally said (during Kelly's first idol) that the other team participating in the challenge did not have an idol planted in the raft because no one among that tribe was able to find a clue. So it's either Kelley gets it, or no one else gets it. And since this is the first season of them doing that, no one would think of looking for idols right in the middle of challenges. It would be interesting to see how future players (starting S33) approach this new info. 

I wonder if there were idol clues for every challenge this season. Jeremy mentioned being more attentive during challenges after he found his idol to see if anyone else was doing the same. 

Exactly.  Jeremy saying he kept an eye out during other challenges he didn't have a clue for confirms that if you find it, clue or not, it is yours.

Which one of Spencer, Keith and Kelley do you think would switch their votes on the revote?

I don't know! But in a tie situation, where your only choice is to flip or draw a rock, it would be pretty tempting to switch your vote to challenge-beast Joe, especially once Stephen had already spent his advantage. If I had to pick, I'd say Kelley, or maybe Spencer. Probably the most likely to flip was actually Tasha, who'd voted for Stephen before. But it doesn't really matter what my opinion is, but Spencer's opinion. And the original question was whether Spencer should be nervous about Abi possibly flipping and creating a tie, to which I still say absolutely.

Exactly.  Jeremy saying he kept an eye out during other challenges he didn't have a clue for confirms that if you find it, clue or not, it is yours.

Sorry, I think you're wrong.  Jeremy doesn't set the rules for Survivor.  But Probst does, and he said only the person with the clue could get the idol.

Yeah the specific question was "could somebody else have taken that idol Jeremy walked to in the woods" and Probst's answer was "I don't want to go into production secrets, but that was Jeremy's idol."  Definitely a fruitful mine for henripootel to bring his pickaxe to, but in any case the answer was no, they couldn't take it.

Jeremy would watch for idols in challenges to know who has one.  

When Jeremy read his clue aloud he put the emphasis on the word "MY" idol.  I figured the clue specified it was his to get or not to get.  And then Probst made it clear, of course.