Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Thomas, what would have you done if Hope said yes?  

Ridge always defends Thomas. I get it that Thomas is his son but does he have to be a major putz in doing so?  Hope better get on board that Thomas has moved on?  Why does she have to although it’s better for Hope not to have Thomas, that man child in her life.  Thomas is much worse than waffle boy Liam. 

Lisa, Finn is a doctor, he should be attending to medical needs after all that’s why he’s employed full time not part time by the hospital.  

Paris is still a phony and nothing but a phony.  

• Like 8
(edited)

Ridge believes this engagement is real? I guess he would he runs from woman to woman daily. Hope needs to get on board? 

How is Finn staying at the wedding Hope fault and influence? She didn't say a word to him. 

Surprised Thomas and Paris actually shared a scene alone.  Yet the entire conversation was about Hope. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Paris is still a phony and nothing but a phony. 

I don't know that I'd call her a phony, but she does come across a bit too ingenuous for my liking - and she's not becoming Douglas' mother, she's becoming his stepmother, but I really think she's going to try to crowd out Hope in Douglas' affections, and with Thomas' blessing, too.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

You know, if Thomas wasn't such a dick, I'd maybe even say he had a bit of a point today. If what he wants is to be married, and it's not what Hope wants, then him moving on is the right call. And I think Finn was probably right that, as much as Hope says she's gotten past all of his past misdeeds, there may be some lingering trauma from it (and who could blame her) that also contributes to her saying "no." 

I remember a time when Li was a bit wary of Steffy. Now, though, she's lecturing Finn about daring to have a friend who isn't Steffy-approved?  She wants her son to be controlled by his wife so fully that he can't decide who his friends are? I get that she hates Sheila most of all, but she should still be concerned about Steffy being so controlling. 

It's like someone at the show caught word that I wasn't hating Ridge for the last week or so, and decided to remind me why I do hate him. "Hope needs to get on board." No, ass, Hope doesn't need to do shit for your psycho son. 

This show is better without Liam and Steffy. Go ahead and happily pair them up and backburner the living fuck out of them, show. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6

Now Li believes that Finn has no brain or agency and is being lured to his doom by that siren Hope. Fuck outta here with that nonsense. Show needs to stop lying about how and why Finn became a guest. We all saw it.

8 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

You know, if Thomas wasn't such a dick, I'd maybe even say he had a bit of a point today. If what he wants is to be married, and it's not what Hope wants, then him moving on is the right call. And I think Finn was probably right that, as much as Hope says she's gotten past all of his past misdeeds, there may be some lingering trauma from it (and who could blame her) that also contributes to her saying "no." 

Right on. Thomas sounded reasonable and normal today. I’m not buying it, but it did seem to make a small dent in her pathetic quest to get him back.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Why aren’t they showing us an investigation of Toms death instead of this Thomas and Paris bullshit? Also why doesn’t anyone ever say they want an elegant wedding in a nice venue instead of Eric’s crappy little living room? 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

WOW!  Paris, Thomas, and Douglas got the Stuffy seal of approval. Who would have thought?  Ok maybe Paris is not a phony but she’s being very obnoxious with dealing with Douglas. I get rhetorical feeling that once they are married and have a child of their own, Paris will become a wicked stepmother. 

Would you believe that Donna is the smartest Logan sister?  Donna is not really buying into this whole Thomas/Paris debacle.  

Finn is 100% correct. Hope can do a whole lot better than Thomas. Even a Golden Retriever is better than Thomas. 

Arguing with Ridge is like arguing with a boulder to get off the road.  Ridge is incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. 

Stuffy, did you see Thomas and Hope having sex?  Thomas looked extremely happy and content during and after. 

How many times is Thomas, the child abuser, going to make sure Hope is out of the picture, with Douglas, so Paris and Douglas can bond even more. Unless Hope signs away her legal rights to Douglas so she could adopt him, Paris is only a step mother and can’t be consulted in medical emergency for Douglas. Paris is not a legal guardian in the US but I don’t know if France would recognize US laws. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Steffy seams to not care about anything other than Thomas being as far away from Hope as possible even if Douglas is away from his mom. 

Douglas worship of Thomas while Hope raised him primarily so much I really don't get. Thomas gaslit him but he's on the pedestal. The woman who took him in as her own he treats bad. 

Paris wants Douglas to talk to Hope about her and Thomas? He's a kid that's not his place. 

Good for Donna asking if they're really buying this wedding thing. Lol Brooke too for calling out Steffy part. Ridge is an idiot. 

Douglas probably going to take photos he's not supposed to. Just like his audio recording. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Douglas worship of Thomas while Hope raised him primarily so much I really don't get. Thomas gaslit him but he's on the pedestal. The woman who took him in as her own he treats bad. 

This. He was old enough during the Beth storyline that he should remember his father not only gaslighting, but also abusing him. And he should definitely remember the fake CPS call where he also gaslighted him and tried to intimidate him into lying for him. 

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Paris wants Douglas to talk to Hope about her and Thomas? He's a kid that's not his place. 

Using Douglas to manipulate Hope? Paris and Thomas really are perfect for each other. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Quick watch for me yesterday as I was wearing out my ff'd button. 

I just can't watch Steffy fawning all the fuck over Paris. If this dumb bitch actually looked at the history and added it all up, she would see that Paris is not all that and a bag of chips. She has made some pretty questionable decisions in the relationship department, and while Steffy is not aware of it, turned Thomas down when he suggested they start dating. Yes, that was a long time ago, but why does she find Thomas so enthralling now? Maybe because she had been shunted off to International and wasn't in the center of the action anymore? In any event, Steffy's insta acceptance shines a big spotlight on how little she truly cares about Thomas's happiness. Listening to her wax on about how happy Thomas is now, like he wasn't busting with joy when Hope told him she wanted him? The stupid ass should realize that if Thomas had not been happy, then he would not have proposed to Hope. I don't think it would make any difference really, because Steffy's feelings are not about what is best for Thomas, they are about sticking it to Hope. 

I also can't watch smug ass Paris acting like she is mom material. She is trying hard to make Douglas forget who his mom is. And it really pisses me off because Hope was so damn good to that girl. Hope needs to wish them well and let them make their mistake freely, but when it comes to Douglas she needs to step in and make it clear who Douglas's mother is. If that has to get ugly, so be it; Thomas can play games with his future, but he isn't going to do that with Douglas's. 

I only watched a few minutes of the stuff at the Forrester mansion. I just want to slap Ridge and Eric. So, you are both thrilled that Thomas has finally found his partner? That Thomas is happy and fulfilled? I mean, Thomas has only been in love with, and obsessed with Hope for years, but he re-met Paris and fell passionately in love in a matter of weeks. It's a miracle! But Ridge talked to Thomas, and he is sure that Thomas loves Paris and has moved on. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the source of this revelation; these two dolts have spent their lives hopping in and out of relationships and making ill-advised proposals. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Excellent post! @RuntheTable

One thing that consistently bugs me is the way Ridge treats Donna. He always shouts at her and his responses border on demeaning. Yesterday, she only dared speak what was on everybody's mind. Shame on Eric for not stepping in and telling Ridge to change his tone. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Excellent post! @RuntheTable

One thing that consistently bugs me is the way Ridge treats Donna. He always shouts at her and his responses border on demeaning. Yesterday, she only dared speak what was on everybody's mind. Shame on Eric for not stepping in and telling Ridge to change his tone. 

It’s really something that B&B - a show catered to women - seems to often portray misogyny onscreen.  Unless you’re a female actress or character TPTB go above and beyond for, the other female characters are (often) being screamed/yelled at, belittled and debased.  I don’t know why the writers and producers don’t just go there already and depict one of the unfavored women as having recurring graphic, violent rape fantasies. It’d be perfectly in line with how they treat/view their unfavored female characters.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
On 6/17/2024 at 9:54 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not gonna lie-the BEST part of today’s show was the scene with Brooke and Deacon.

The best part of any show is anyone* with Deacon. Or Deacon reading the phone book out loud.

Deacon's hand gesture about Honn sex is so Deacon and so SK.  Who is a much better actor than he has ever been given credit for.

* Anyone except Sheila, because I cannot stand the pairing,

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Did I hear right? Did Douglas say "I miss my mom and my sister, but I am so happy about my new life?" The fuck?  Did Thomas and Paris basically tell this child that his mother and sister are not going to be a part of his life going forward? Because fuck that noise. I know that Hope was shaken up by Thomas's insta-engagement and all, but she needs to get over being hurt romantically and start fighting for her son. It's maddening that she hasn't had any time with him beyond that greeting at the office. She needs to stop talking to Thomas about their relationship and his engagement and start talking to him about Douglas spending some time with her. 

I love that, while Steffy is at home patting herself on the back over Thomas being with someone who isn't Hope, her husband is over spending time with and praising Hope. I seriously cannot wait for those two to happen, both because I find I really enjoy them together, and because I am going to love every second of Steffy's karmic pain. 

When Ridge was lecturing Donna and Brooke and then told Brooke that Hope will eventually find a new man, I swear the look on Brooke's face was basically "yes, she will, and I think I'll stop giving her a hard time about crushing on your daughter's husband now." 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

How old is Hope? Why does she discuss who makes her horny with her mom? Why is Brooke obsessed over what man Hope fantasizes about?  Brooke also needs to stop repeating Finns name at work.

I wonder what is in toms bag? A note that says Luna is my daughter not Bills?

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 5:28 PM, Artsda said:

Douglas worship of Thomas while Hope raised him primarily so much I really don't get. Thomas gaslit him but he's on the pedestal

I can't even pretend to be surprised by this turn of events. Not just because if all the psychological reasons children have fawning responses to abusive parents but because B&B, more than any other soap I've watched, seems to avoid giving parents and children any true conflicts or to allow the parents' bad behavior to bite them in the ass when their children come of age and throw it back at them.

I wasn't much of an ATWT fan until it's last five years, but despite the rest of the show being in decline, the teens were often mirrors into their parent's drama that had effects on everyone. I would list examples but I'd literally be here all night but suffice it to say that after ATWT was cancelled, I was hoping the kid playing Parker Synder would've been hired as RJ to give snarky commentary about Bridge the way he'd do it with Carly and Jack.

But no. We can't have Douglas be angry as his dad stepping out on him. We can have Beth finding out her history and being a brat to end Thope. We won't even see Kelly until it's time to reunite Steam and she decides that Stepdaddy's gotta go despite him being in her life for as long as she can remember. 

And you just KNOW it's gonna be some bullshit with teenage Will hitting the scene here at the exact same time that Katie is showing interest in Bill for the first time in a decade despite them never having any stable marriage to his recollection.

The only halfway decent conflict we have had in the last fifteen years was Hope discovering the truth if her paternity, and even that was less about her and Brooke than it was about dovetailing into Nick's adventures at playing hero for someone that wasn't his wife. Yet again.

But as NorCalGal put it:

On 7/10/2024 at 9:10 AM, norcalgal said:

It’s really something that B&B - a show catered to women - seems to often portray misogyny onscreen.

....and this isn't recent to B&B either. I've watched up to episode 50 of Season 8 and many of the same hallmarks are there in 1994 as they are now, and as ubiquitous to this show as the transporter in Star Trek or lightsaber in Star Wars.

Sad.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:24 AM, KerleyQ said:

Thomas's insta-engagement and all, but she needs to get over being hurt romantically and start fighting for her son.

I know must of us were around for the headstrong and cocksure version of Hope that would never hear anything but what she wanted to and we were ALLLLLL celebrating when she left but God, I'd give anything for current Hope to have a tenth of the spine that her 20-something counterpart would have over far less important bullshit. I mean, she found that steel to stand up to her own mother and husband to take that boy out of that sitch before. Where the hell is it now?!

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm writing the script for next week's episodes. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. 

When Dr Finn examined Tom in the emergency room he immediately administered narcan . Tom revived, and upon further examination Finn noted that this was an atypical overdose, oral instead of inhaled or injected. Suspicious, Finn notified GC's crack law enforcement officer, Chief Baker. The Chief revealed that Tom had been recruited as a CI to keep tabs on Sheila. Was this an attempt on Tom's life ?? By Sheila ?? To protect Tom, Finn was instructed to keep quiet about Tom's recovery and the Chief took Tom into police protection. 

After 4 more days of people discussing nothing important, Douglas will take his camera into the Forrester office to try his hand at fashion photography. While showing BFFs Paris and Steffy his prized snaps "Look at how I caught the shine in Momma Hope's hair " the BFFs notice that Finn is giving Hope an excellent neck massage...Fade to previews of next week's shenanigans....Much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth....

Sorry, not sorry, I don't want Tom to go [or Steffy to be happy].

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I’m sorry to say this but Tom was a recovering drug addict. Even though we know the drugs where put in his blue tidy bowl cleaner, why can’t they wrap their heads around that he wouldn’t have a relapse?  In addition he needed drugs to perform. 

Hope, does everything Thomas has done in the past outweigh the a future with Thomas?  Hope turned a blind eye to Thomas’ past by convincing herself that Thomas has changed because of feeling that she was the only woman for him. Deep down inside Hope’s brain took over her heart when she couldn’t commit to Thomas. Deep down in her subconscious, Hope knew that Thomas was still a putz.  The proof was in the pudding when he turned from a one woman guy to another woman in less than a heartbeat.  

I just have to say, Stuffy looks like crap. Did she get more work done on her face because it looks swollen. Her hair has no life to it. 

Finn you can promise always putting Stuffy first. You are a doctor first then a husband and father.   If there is an emergency, at the hospital, you can’t say my wife needs me more.  

Once again we have a person talking from their own perspective. I’m talking about Brooke.  Hope is a grown woman. Let her sort out her own feelings without projecting what you think you may know. 

Hope you are lying. You definitely want to take Finn away from Stuffy because that would give Stuffy her just deserts.  Hope, I would have looked Brooke square in the eye and said so what. How many times did Stuffy disrespect my marriage to Liam?  

Now we have a second mystery. What is in Tom’s backpack and does it mean doom and gloom for Popppy?  

• Like 8
  • Love 1

All through the Steffy/Finn scenes, I was thinking "this marriage definitely isn't lasting much longer now," because the schmoopy "I love you so much, I'll never let anything come between us," type scenes with a couple almost always mean the end is near. And then I saw Finn's face when they were hugging. That was not a blissfully in love face. Their split is definitely on the clock. 

So, Hollis went from trying to date Brooke to hanging out with her youngest child now?  

I was laughing at Deacon marveling over Bill being nice. 

Brooke: "You don't want to get involved in that, right?" 

Hope: "No, of course not." (Internally: "Well, maybe a little bit...") 

Brooke, you should know, after all of these years, how much shit gets overheard in that office. You and Hope literally live on the same property. Have these little heart to heart chats about Hope's feelings for Steffy's husband at home. 

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I just have to say, Stuffy looks like crap. Did she get more work done on her face because it looks swollen. Her hair has no life to it. 

She does look like she has new fillers, or something. I'm assuming the hair is just another bad wig. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Hope would stop thinking about Finn if Brooke didn't bring his name up every five seconds. It's like Brooke is trying to force something to happen. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6

Brooke does need to shut up about Finn. While she’s at it, she can stop being so hard on herself. Taylor and Steffy have not behaved any better and have no right to make Brooke and Hope feel less than. 

Thomas needs to go be with his annoying, pompous, nails on a chalkboard voiced second choice and leave Hope alone! 

• Like 10

Appears as if Hope's off-kilter speech patterns and fluttery eyes, coupled with all the anvils about her being unmoored and "not herself" are going to lead to some mad, passionate breakdown with Finn.  On the floor.  Or the couch.  Somewhere.  Which will be justified by the aforementioned "breakdown" and Hope was "not herself".  Which will suck because it denies Hope any agency of her own and underwrites her behavior as the result of some mental health issue.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Brooke please STFU and leave the psycho analysis to that world renowned doctor, Taylor. 

No Hope is not a home wrecker. At least not yet 😜

What the fuck!  Why can’t Thomas just leave Hope alone?  Does it give him great pleasure to keep rubbing Paris in her face. That Putz, Thomas has even grown a Snidely Whiplash mustache.  To Thomas, Hope was useful being Douglas’ mother when Douglas need one but since Thomas has Paris, Hope has become chopped liver  

Luna could work for Spencer Publication and still have a love for fashion. Luna can be an editor with Eye on Fashion Magazine. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This is a mess, Thomas is leaving again? Is MA out the door?  

Brooke all about pushing the Finn angle but also saying no Finn. 

Every character has to say how Hope has someone out there for her, she'll find love, I don't think they're bringing anyone. Unless Wyatt return or they put her back with Liam who is this someone! 

No Hope you don't owe him an apology for being gone 90 days and returning with another person he proposed to in those 90 days. 

Luna is obviously not Bills.  They hitting everyone on head with his much he is too much. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I refuse to sit through one more Bill-Poppy-Luna self-congratulatory lovefest.

I suspect that the item that causes Sheila to recoil in horror when she finds it in Tom's backpack will be the preserved remains of his and Poppy's still-born baby girl whose still birth caused him to suffer a psychotic breakdown that led to the demise of his career and life on the streets after he stole her body from the hospital.

• Mind Blown 5

Thomas wanted so badly for Hope to beg him not to go, and she was like "yeah, well, I know you guys have made a home there."  He even put in one last hurrah at using Douglas to manipulate her. "I know you wanted to spend more time with our son," like "come on, give me some tears, beg me to stay." No matter what he says, he was getting off on the idea that his engagement was hurting her, because he's still pissed at her for saying "no." I really hope this is the end of Thope. And, being gone for a while would probably do the character of Thomas some good. Give him some time to become a different person. Maybe give him and Paris a kid he can bring home with him when he does come back. A kid who's only related to one of the Forrester/Logan/Spencer families would be a good idea. 

I have a feeling where this Poppy/Luna/Bill story is going. I think Poppy is going to be ruined somehow by the Tom story. Either she actually killed him, or whatever he knew about her comes out, and that effectively ends Bill/Poppy as a couple. But, he'll have already adopted Luna, and the two of them will be so bonded that, even if it comes out that she's not his biological daughter, they'll maintain that relationship, and she'll choose him over Poppy. That will clear Poppy out of the way and help Katie retain her position as the alpha baby mama in Bill's life. Then we'll be stuck with Bill and Katie back together, which stopped being interesting or enjoyable quite a while ago. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

So, Thomas is going to skip back to Paris with Paris and Douglas, where Paris will become Douglas's new mommy, and if Hope tries to have Douglas returned to the US, Thomas and Paris will claim that Douglas has bonded with Paris and returning him to Hope would be too emotionally damaging for him - just a prediction - - and why is Hope giving in on this with Thomas - - and when Thomas reached in for a hug, she should have stiff-armed him and told him that that's all over, now that he's going to be married -she should have set the boundaries right then and there, telling him that she will respect his marriage and that she will never bad mouth him to anyone, but that his impending marriage does change things - - she should have presented him with the reality of how his actions have changed things between them - - all of Thomas' touchy feely hugs really just keep Hope on the back burner for when he drags his sorry ass back to LA after his marriage to Paris goes POOF, and he thinks that he can take back up with Hope.

So, Thomas is going to skip back to Paris with Paris and Douglas, where Paris will become Douglas's new mommy, and if Hope tries to have Douglas returned to the US, Thomas and Paris will claim that Douglas has bonded with Paris and returning him to Hope would be too emotionally damaging for him - just a prediction - - and why is Hope giving in on this with Thomas - - and when Thomas reached in for a hug, she should have stiff-armed him and told him that that's all over, now that he's going to be married -she should have set the boundaries right then and there, telling him that she will respect his marriage and that she will never bad mouth him to anyone, but that his impending marriage does change things - - she should have presented him with the reality of how his actions have changed things between them - - all of Thomas' touchy feely hugs really just keep Hope on the back burner for when he drags his sorry ass back to LA after his marriage to Paris goes POOF, and he thinks that he can take back up with Hope.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

So, Thomas is going to skip back to Paris with Paris and Douglas,

Please excuse the triple posting, I kept hitting Submit because I didn't think it was working.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Please excuse the triple posting, I kept hitting Submit because I didn't think it was working.

If you want, I believe you can you go back and edit your post.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

What the fuck!  Why can’t Thomas just leave Hope alone?  Does it give him great pleasure to keep rubbing Paris in her face

Yes. The casual way he just announced that he’s fucking off to France with Douglas again is shady as hell. I can understand Hope being all “bye, clown shoe” with Thomas, but not putting up a fight for her son is jarringly out of character. It’s just awful, plot-driven writing.

Bill: Thank you, Poppy, for staying in bed after I pulled the ol’ Dutch oven trick on you. What a gift you’ve given me.

Poppy: No, Bill, I should thank you for letting me inhale your flatulence. I… I’ve been crop dusting you when you come home from lunch and blaming it on the dog.

Bill: Oh, Poppy, I knew all along it was you. I don’t have a dog. I just can’t be mad at the woman who gave me this wonderful, amazing, delightful darling daughter.

Luna: This is what I’ve wanted all my life. To have this incredible family, to know who I am. It hurt to hear other kids talk about cracking rats with their moms and dads. Thank you for letting me experience it.

I feel like I’m sitting through an infomercial for Thomas and Paris (sponsored by SHE SAID NO, STEFFY’S HUSBAND & TEN TOES) or being love bombed into a cult that worships them. Instead of having every single character extolling their virtues, maybe put in the effort to show the audience anything that would support all the gushing.

Oh no. Hollis is in danger. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Thomas was trying hard to cloak his disappointment with Hope's changed attitude, but it was still pretty evident he was taken off guard by it. If he is done with Hope, then why did he feel it was important to make an in person visit to tell her his plans? Oh right, because he knew telling her he was leaving to start his happy fambly life with Paris would drive the knife in a little deeper; an added bonus was making sure Hope knew Douglas would be going. It was nice of him to remind Hope that she will always be Douglas's mom, even though he is moving the boy to a new country and will be installing a new stepmom into his life. Poor kid, born to be nothing but a pawn in his father's adult games. In any event, it was nice to see Hope regain some of her dignity and just let him leave without any begging. 

Brooke, stop denigrating yourself. Yes, you have made some mistakes, and you set the gold standard with Deacon, but other than that, you are no worse than anyone else on canvas. Your storied past of homewrecking and man stealing is so much fucking bullshit. 

I simply can't with the new Spencer clan. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Brooke, stop denigrating yourself. Yes, you have made some mistakes, and you set the gold standard with Deacon, but other than that, you are no worse than anyone else on canvas. Your storied past of homewrecking and man stealing is so much fucking bullshit. 

I simply can't with the new Spencer clan. 

I am disappointed that Brooke is doing this. You don’t see Ridge beating himself up to Thomas about all his mistakes. 
It’s also big of Brooke to look out for Steffys marriage. Steffy never showed any respect for Hope when she was with Liam or when she was with Thomas.  Steffys also been terrible to Brooke. I don’t necessarily want Hope to sleep with Finn but if anyone deserves it, it’s Steffy.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Haven't watched in weeks, but I saw the last ten minutes today.  Has Deacon lost weight because he's married to Sheila?

Poor Hollis.

Hope looks thirsty.  Not a good look.  

Hollis was one of those nice background characters who was shown the right amount of time, a reliable fixture who Deacon could occasionally use as a sounding board. Lt. Baker better put down his damn hot dog and get justice for Hollis.

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Hollis was one of those nice background characters who was shown the right amount of time, a reliable fixture who Deacon could occasionally use as a sounding board. Lt. Baker better put down his damn hot dog and get justice for Hollis.

and he had a great head of hair!  RIP Hollis.

• Like 12
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't think we'll have a Hope/Finn (Honn) hook up. I think she'll come on to him and he'll be really really tempted, Then grasp her head or pass out or something dramatic and Finn, while not a neurologist (that we know of), will know something is very wrong with Hope.

Thus all the talk about Hope isn't herself, acting out of character, feeling unmoored will make sense. I don't think it will be DID like every other soap, nor a brain tumor. What I don't know.

Maybe that will be the SL.  Li and Fin working together with some new hot neuro to figure out what's wrong with her. This will involve so many people. Stuffy will be furious Finn is working on Hope's case and forbid him. Waffle Liam will be really concerned and look hard at his past treatment of Hope. Perfect reason to bring back Wyatt.  Thomas won't scoot off to Paris because he's still obsessed with Hope. Douglas realizes and admits how much he loves Mom Hope, even though he likes Paris, and that his dad is manipulating him ..... again.

Brooke and Deacon will bond and worry together about their daughter -- royally ticking off Sheila and Ridge. Donna/ Eric and Katie will be emotionally supporting Brooke. Bill asked by Liam and Wyatt will fly in specialists. This allows Bill and Li to become friends again and she's there for him when the inevitable explosion of Boppy happens (I still ship BiLi).

Edited by La di Diva
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

I don't think we'll have a Hope/Finn (Honn) hook up. I think she'll come on to him and he'll be really really tempted, Then grasp her head or pass out or something dramatic and Finn, while not a neurologist (that we know of), will know something is very wrong with Hope.

Thus all the talk about Hope isn't herself, acting out of character, feeling unmoored will make sense. I don't think it will be DID like every other soap, nor a brain tumor. What I don't know.

Maybe that will be the SL.  Li and Fin working together with some new hot neuro to figure out what's wrong with her. This will involve so many people. Stuffy will be furious Finn is working on Hope's case and forbid him. Waffle Liam will be really concerned and look hard at his past treatment of Hope. Perfect reason to bring back Wyatt.  Thomas won't scoot off to Paris because he's still obsessed with Hope. Douglas realizes and admits how much he loves Mom Hope, even though he likes Paris, and that his dad is manipulating him ..... again.

Brooke and Deacon will bond and worry together about their daughter -- royally ticking off Sheila and Ridge. Donna/ Eric and Katie will be emotionally supporting Brooke. Bill asked by Liam and Wyatt will fly in specialists. This allows Bill and Li to become friends again and she's there for him when the inevitable explosion of Boppy happens (I still ship BiLi).

You should write the show. Seriously.

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I suspect that the item that causes Sheila to recoil in horror when she finds it in Tom's backpack will be the preserved remains of his and Poppy's still-born baby girl

Allright, I admit it, I WAS WRONG; It was Hollis' dead body, and not the mummified remains of a baby girl, that caused Sheila to recoil in horror.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Who ever Hollis was talking to he knew who it was, trusted to tell them about the backpack.  Now also the backpack is gone. 

Finn's dad? 

The conversation with him and Finn about Poppy and Li was interesting. Is he the father or does he know all about Tom? 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
50 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Who ever Hollis was talking to he knew who it was, trusted to tell them about the backpack.  Now also the backpack is gone. 

Finn's dad? 

I'm going with Luna. They made a point of telling us that Hollis hangs out with her and RJ, so she's someone he'd be comfortable with and happy to see. I think we're supposed to suspect Poppy, because she left by herself to run errands, but that also left Luna alone, so she could have come and gone from the house while Bill and Poppy were both out. 

Poor Steffy was all ready to gloat and rub it in Hope's face that Thomas and Douglas were gone, and Hope had to go and be all fine with it. I'm impressed that Hope didn't smack her when she came out with that condescending "I'm proud of you."  And then she tried to do girl talk with her to find out who else she might be interested in. Even if it wasn't Finn, Hope would be crazy to let her guard down and discuss even one tiny detail of her personal life with her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Finn's dad?

Oh, riiiggghhht, if Li suspected that Jack was actually Luna's father, then she would have had an incentive to fake the results of the paternity test she administered if it ruled out Bill as Luna's daddy, which actually makes Li a contender for "Who Killed Poor Hollis and Stole Poor Dead Tom's Backpack" - when Hollis saw the intruder, his response was to ask what they were doing there, which is not something he would have asked Sheila, because, of course, she's married to the owner of the restaurant, puts in a workday at the restaurant, and she and Deacon live right next to it, and wanting to tell the intruder what he found in Poor Dead Tom's backpack means that he knew and trusted that person - and killing the one person who had discovered the secrets contained in Poor Dead Tom's backpack and stealing the backpack means that it was someone who didn't want the secrets that Poor Tom was in possession of to be revealed and had killed Poor Tom to stop that.

• Like 9
(edited)

I'm tired of the baby daddy story with Luna, and when/if Hope and Finn will bang, or if Thomas and Paris will stay together. 

Other than finding out who killed Tom and Hollis, the only other story I'm interested in is who gave Deacon the money for the restaurant (Was that ever discussed?  Maybe I missed it). 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

So Thomas is gone again. I am assuming that MA is really off the show. Steffy said Thomas/Paris already left for Paris.  I guess they just brought him back to close the loop on Thope. 

It’s a mess, now Hope wants Finn who is married to she shares a child with Steffy. Isn’t this Deja-vu?

The show is a mess  

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

So many red herrings so little time

Poppy has to go out, at night, and run an errand. 

Li was there for take out and stuck around for the music 

Jack asks if Finn has seen Poppy and Luna and comments that Poppy deserves a good life. 

Stuffy speaks to Chief Hot Dod and basically accuses Shiela of murder. 

Jack was there to have a drink at the bar with Hollis. 

Hollis finds Tom’s backpack and Shiela tells him to throw it in the dumpster. 

Hollis knew the person that walked towards him as he has going through Tom’s backpack.

Shiela came to the apartment way after Deacon 

Shiela made sure it was her that discovered Hollis behind the bar. 

Shiela said she will do anything to keep her and Deacon together. 

When Hollis was drinking that energy drink I knew he was going to meet the same fate as Tom.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
On 7/11/2024 at 5:59 PM, Waldo13 said:

That Putz, Thomas has even grown a Snidely Whiplash mustache. 

With his hair growing long and that mustache he looks like he's going off to France to become one of the Three Musketeers.

It sucked enough that they killed Tom, but now Hollis, too? It's too much. Both characters enriched the show.

Is Deacon going to hold memorial services for them?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/9/2024 at 7:14 PM, Waldo13 said:

Ridge is incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. 

He's Ridge the Oblivious.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1