Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Can you believe that the fleabag hotel has more security than the Forester Estate or even FC?  

Would it be too much to ask for a little lube before Eric and Shelia are shoved up my ?. Of course the shooting was blamed on Quinn.  The angelic Steffy,  who never does anything wrong, is held harmless. 

Shelia complimenting Eric and Eric, of course, can't see his nose in front of his face and is as high as he had a hit of cocaine. Is it going to turn out like Ridge and Caroline where only a few kisses were exchange but Rick and Maya took it to the next level?  Is Eric going to feel justified to do the same?  ICK!!  ?

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, grisgris said:

This would be the perfect time to drag Thorne out of the basement to run FC! 

Reveal hidden contents

One of those computer-generated spoiler channels on YouTube actually mentioned the return of Thorne in that very scenario but also suggested that Colleen Zenk Pinter would join the cast as a new designer ...  Oddly enough, they are right more times than not. That would be interesting and I could see CZP with Eric. What a stunning couple that would be. I think she is absolutely gorgeous!

When I saw that clip going around the online news circuit of KB addressing the RNC and talking about her dismal avocado farm, I thought, "Well, that's that!"

Now would be the PERFECT time to get Thorne out of the basement or back from Paris or wherever the hell he's been sent.  It's time to have FULL meeting of the Forrester clan, not just the Marone branch of the family. Sheila hurt Eric's WHOLE family and if he doesn't seem to care that a psycho killer is back in LAS, I'll bet folding money that his family does.  Fauxdi's Quick-Draw-McGraw routine might also remind Thorne about how Fauxdi's lightning quick reflexes took his daughter.  Thorne never really got a chance to grieve Ally's death because everybody was too busy assuring Fauxdi that she wasn't to blame.

I had forgotten all about KB at the RNC convention.  Now I know why my lip involuntarily curls every time KB's face comes on screen.  KB can't get back to making guacamole soon enough for me!

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 6

Just a few meaningless kisses. JUst a few meaNINGLESS Kisses.  juST A FEW MEANINGLEss kisses. JUST A FEW MEANINGLESS KISSES!  OK!!!! Stop. Please stop. WE. GET. IT. Trust me. We will hear it again tomorrow when Sludge has to explain to Faudi. Geez ... my ears will bleed.

I was shocked, shocked I tell you that Steffy apologized not once, but TWICE to Sheila. I did a slow burn when I thought about (form a line here): Aly, Ivy, Hope, Wyatt, Brooke, Sally, Thomas, Thorne, Katie, Oliver, Owen, Jackie ... (I'm sure I've left off plenty but that is a good beginning.)

So now what? The Tale of Queridge has now been twisted and turned to create some kind of role for KB (whether it fits or not) redeem Quinn and shove Steffy back into front burner status.

Steffy is like a dog with a bone. I so wanted Eric to tell her to STFU and throw her and wimpy Waffles out of the hotel room. JMW trying to channel Susan Flannery was all sorts of ridiculous and pitiful. What could have been a pretty compelling performance was marred by the lack of emoting due to the overdose of Botox. SC seemed like he was just going through the motions.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

I was shocked, shocked I tell you that Steffy apologized not once, but TWICE to Sheila. I did a slow burn when I thought about (form a line here): Aly, Ivy, Hope, Wyatt, Brooke, Sally, Thomas, Thorne, Katie, Oliver, Owen, Jackie ... (I'm sure I've left off plenty but that is a good beginning.)

Steffy is many things but absolutely stupid is not one of them. Bitch knows Sheila has been playing manipulative head games since before she was even alive and could eat her for breakfast (and if there is a God worth His/Her/Their salt in existence, that's exactly what will happen). 

Also, wow that's an impressive line of people. I don't think Stefano DiMera, Victor Newman or James Stenbeck managed such a list of enemies over their eighty collective years onscreen as Steffy has managed in under a decade.

• Love 7

Here's a long list of phrases that B&B have run into the ground:

"Destiny": because no one destined to be together would need to dance for three decades to be together.

"We were robbed!": See above. FFS go to the damn courthouse, Hope. (Liam tried using that line with with Steffy, but that was one sequel that  was not needed, unbelievable and nowhere as memorable as the first).

"It was just a few meaningless kisses!": no one has more than one meaningless kiss with someone they aren't married to.

"How stupid can someone be and still have enough brain cells to breathe?" Never uttered on screen, but I think this every time I sit through an episode of this show.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, grisgris said:

Just a few meaningless kisses. JUst a few meaNINGLESS Kisses.  juST A FEW MEANINGLEss kisses. JUST A FEW MEANINGLESS KISSES!  OK!!!! Stop. Please stop. WE. GET. IT. Trust me. We will hear it again tomorrow when Sludge has to explain to Faudi. Geez ... my ears will bleed.

You know what I can’t abide in addition to blatant hypocrisy?  Intellectual dishonesty.  It’s that type of dishonesty people employ when they advocate for a position that they already know to be false in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

This type of intellectual dishonesty (and the vilest of hypocrisies) always comes into play whenever Quinn and Sludge have yet another one of their discussions about “TSUKED.”  Their trying to reduce their affair to “just a few meaningless kisses,” is also another example of what is called the big lie.  The writers figure that if the characters repeat this lie often enough that the audience will ultimately be gaslighted into accepting it as fact.  Never mind that the “few meaningless kisses” were accompanied by meaningful and lingering looks,  secret touches, an encounter in the steam room culminating in a “goodbye” kiss in Australia.  And even after that "goodbye" kiss, they found it hard to stay away from each other and had another "meaningless" encounter on Sludge's bed in the guesthouse.  Having failed at gaslighting Brooke, Eric, Katie, and Ivy, Sludge will now try it with Stuffy as he gives her his version of the truth.  Who knew that the truth had so many “versions?”

Is it too much to ask that this pair actually own their shit?  I have to laugh at the look on Stuffy’s face as she tried to convey shock and disappointment.  As she did that, my mind went into shallow territory and I could only remember how breathtakingly beautiful her mother was at that age (before the horrible procedures).  She had the type of exotic looks where more dramatic makeup worked for her.  Stuffy only manages to look like a rode hard, put away wet version of Taylor.  The procedures, Instagram brows, drag queen highlighting and contouring, and hair extensions are doing her no favors.

But, I digress.  I’m actually surprised that Stuffy is surprised.  Boo-Boo, this is your father we’re talking about; it’s what he does.  I know that you were fed a steady diet by your mama of “Brooke stole your father from me,” but he made it clear that your family was disposable all on his own.  He did the same thing to the family he had with Brooke, as well.  The man spent a lifetime ping-ponging between women and families.  So, why would his stepmother be off limits?  Hell, he even told Brooke and/or his mother that he was all but ignoring you and your siblings because he needed to “prove” to Brooke that he wanted to put her, baby RJ (another kid he routinely discarded) and Hope first.  Now, what were you just telling Sally about that Forrester pedigree?

I long for the day when Sludge could have "the conversation" with Slouchy.  Maybe then he will get it through his little skull why his mother couldn't remarry her former "destiny."

• Love 11
On 7/14/2017 at 10:45 PM, RuntheTable said:

I hate this version of Quinn. I don’t want her to revert, I just want her to find her balls and start smacking a bitch.

YES!!!!!!!!

• Love 14

Douglas was born March 8th and now he's about 2. Wow, what a concept. ?

Bill, if you are such a great businessman, than why can't you find another decrepit building to knock down and build his phallic symbol. 

I love when Steffy gets all judgmental and doesn't take into account her past. Let me see, since Caroline has been on the show, she has had more lovers than Steffy. Caroline and Liam are actually tied at 3 where as Steffy had 2. Bill you shouldn't  talk, your the king of self indulgence.  

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Douglas was born March 8th and now he's about 2. Wow, what a concept. ?

I didn't realize he was born just last spring. Easy come, easy go I guess.

Part of me wishes Steffy could've read her lousy waffle father for filth when he told her about him and Quinn, given all hell he raised about her being part of the family and the stress nearly killing Eric. For once, I would have overlooked the hypocrisy since Eric deserves someone calling that lowlife out and hes one ofcthe very few people Steffy hasn't fucked over yet.

For that matter, I'd even sit through RJ reaming his ass out, since the kid seems yo be in fantasy land about his mom and dad's epic love affair. He ought to be mad at being used as a tool.

If I hadn't had to sit through the last decade of Rick whining about everything Ridge did and being rather hypocritical between his manipulations as KL!Rick, then going Rick N. Sane a few years ago, I'd be all for him chewing him out Sludge too.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

For that matter, I'd even sit through RJ reaming his ass out, since the kid seems yo be in fantasy land about his mom and dad's epic love affair. He ought to be mad at being used as a tool.

The problem with that is that some of the audience then feels the kid a) goes too far and b) is interfering in grown folks business so even though the parent deserves to be reamed out, the kid gets the backlash.

When Lucky found out about his father raping Laura on GH and his disgust and shattered world view of both his parents who were his heroes, a lot of people told him to get over himself even though he had some legit grievances.

RJ basically needs to sulk, be a dick to his parents, drink, and THEN get into a car accident where he's in a coma and Brooke gets to fret over her son, lash out at how Quidge's actions affected her family, and for Ridge to feel like shit because he's already gone through the loss of one child (whose death was indirectly due to what Phoebe felt was a betrayal by her mom with the Rick hook-up) and now he is on the other side being the reason another kid, his youngest and one and only kid with Brooke, is at death's door.

• Love 2

Oh, please. No. Not that scenario. Anything but that with Slouchy and Bridge. That would just do me in totally. If I never have to see Slouchy again, I'll die happy.

I would have liked Steffy reading her dad for shit today if she'd shown any actual emotion. Let me read my lines, then you read yours, then I'll read some more of mine. No tears, no outrage, no real anger, no.......nothing. This actress just keeps phoning it in, cashing her check and doing whatever else she does in her free time. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

The problem with that is that some of the audience then feels the kid a) goes too far and b) is interfering in grown folks business so even though the parent deserves to be reamed out, the kid gets the backlash.

When Lucky found out about his father raping Laura on GH and his disgust and shattered world view of both his parents who were his heroes, a lot of people told him to get over himself even though he had some legit grievances.

Hmmmm...you have a point and B&B is by far the biggest offender on that score. I can't speak for GH fandom, but in that particular instance, on the face of it I'd say fandom came down way too hard on this Lucky bloke. I mean, it's rape FFS. 

But in this instance, where Ridge purposely used and manipulated RJ into wrangling Brooke from Bill and using his rape facilitating dead mother to further drive her back to him "for our family," I would be all for RJ chewing Ridge out. This isn't the teenage Taytots throwing Brooke and their then-toddler siblings under the bus or Thorne and Felicia in their 40s waxing poetic about their parents' great love that wasn't it or grown as fuck divorcee Rick cheerleading for his mom to go back to the man that cheated on his sister, then cheated with her and pulling manipulative dick waving contests.

No, he was dragged into that mess and Ridge threw his weight, the same as he did with Steffy to slither his greasy self back into the CEO position. No matter what a little twerp Ridge Forrester Jr. is, he deserves that as much as Hope deserved to give Brooke shit for getting with the man who treated her the way Stephanie treated Brooke.

All that being said:

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

RJ basically needs to sulk, be a dick to his parents, drink, and THEN get into a car accident where he's in a coma and Brooke gets to fret over her son, lash out at how Quidge's actions affected her family, and for Ridge to feel like shit because he's already gone through the loss of one child (whose death was indirectly due to what Phoebe felt was a betrayal by her mom with the Rick hook-up) and now he is on the other side being the reason another kid, his youngest and one and only kid with Brooke, is at death's door.

In the good old days of soapdom, that's exactly how it would have played out. ATWT made damn good use of this trope in its last years on air when the teen scene was sometimes the best and only watchable part of the show (in my perfect world, Mick Hazen would have been cast as RJ alongside Hope when she was SORASed....or a few months after, since the show was still airing at the time).

Of course, that scenario would require addressing show history and for TK to show any of the warmth that Ronn Moss had for such scenes to work.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Honey, she can't. Her poor old worn out face just won't allow it.  Hee!

I will confess here that I watch "Botched," (don't judge!) and the doctors have mentioned that if you continue to undergo repeated procedures on your face that you run the risk of permanently damaging facial nerves. To me, a few lines around the mouth or wherever isn't worth not being able to smile or chew or whatever again.  Anyway, JMW is just flat out too young to be messing around with her face to begin with.  It looks to me like she tried to widen her jawline and add cheekbones make her face more angular. (I've read/heard numerous times that most of the most successful models, most beautiful women, etc., have square angular faces because they photograph better. YMMV.) Honestly, I have no idea what could have been her motivation or for HTy.

OK. Off to watch the show. I'll report back later ... maybe ...!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Here's a long list of phrases that B&B have run into the ground:

"Destiny": because no one destined to be together would need to dance for three decades to be together.

"We were robbed!": See above. FFS go to the damn courthouse, Hope. (Liam tried using that line with with Steffy, but that was one sequel that  was not needed, unbelievable and nowhere as memorable as the first).

"It was just a few meaningless kisses!": no one has more than one meaningless kiss with someone they aren't married to.

"How stupid can someone be and still have enough brain cells to breathe?" Never uttered on screen, but I think this every time I sit through an episode of this show.

Committed. We are in a committed relationship. I'm committed to Ridge. For some reason to this day I find that the oddest way to describe a relationship. 

• Love 4

Wow! You guys weren't kidding. Those scenes with TK and JMW were all kinds of dreadful.  Yep. It really did come off like they were just running lines. The "expressions" on JMW's face were priceless! At one point here eyelids were fluttering in a similar fashion of somebody who's about to have a seizure. My guess was that she was trying to play the scene as cold controlled anger but it was just awful. It was comical when she attempted to cry at the end and I HATE it when JMW tries that husky tear-choked voice. I felt sorry for TK as he was trying he damnedest to make the scene work and it was like throwing his lines against a brick wall. (I kept thinking how I wished the actress who plays Felicia was in the scene instead. That would have been awesome.)  The of course, it was all about ME! "Did you do this to grandpa because he made me CEO?" I knew it! The dig she threw in about jacking Taylor around would have been so much better if heifer had been able to ACT!!!

WHY was Waffles wandering around Eric's living room with Stephanie's gun? If Stuffy dispatched him to take it back home, he should have taken it back upstairs and left.  The scene between Quinn and him was useless. Now he is painted into a corner since he's more or less shown his hand that he knows where Eric is. He's no Sheila and Quinn will wrangle the truth out of him.

Dear Lord ... more fawning and smooching at Spectra and reassurance from Thomas over everything -- Carowhine, Douglas, the fashion show, ad nauseum.  Sally is rapidly becoming much too needy and insecure for my taste.  Thomas must be really spellbound to have to keep up the momentum on a daily basis of carrying Sally along. Sorry if that offends Sally lovers. I'm not saying she has to be the second coming of Darlene Conley, but for God's sake girl, GET OVER IT.  If she doesn't pull her chin up, she IS going to drive Thomas right back to Caroline and Douglas. Speaking of ... has Caroline been spiking that kid's food with Miracle-Gro? He looks to be at least 2. It was cute when he tried to mimic Bill. I love watching DD with the kids on the show. You can tell he loves them and is having a ball acting in scenes with them.

As suspected, Carowhine ran to Uncle Bill to do her dirty work in getting Thomas away from Sally. Bill didn't waste any time either in tearing over to Spectra and reading Thomas for filth about being an irresponsible father, deadbeat dad, no competition for FC, etc. I actually wanted to slap Bill and I usually can root for the character no matter how big an asshole he is. I hope that Thomas just digs his heels in deeper with determination to make SF succeed.

What day is it anyway? The actors have been wearing the same clothes now for nearly two weeks. On a shallow note, I thought Alison looked really great today. I liked her lighter hair color and her clothes were gorgeous.

• Love 10

I've been really liking $Bill lately but the one thing I HATE about the character is his eagerness to harass young women.  Bill has no business having an opinion about Thomas and Sally.  His niece chose to leave Thomas and move to NY.  If Caroline has buyer's remorse, it's tough biccies for her.  Does Bill really think that going over to Spectra and insulting Thomas is going to make him run straight into Caroline's arms?  Bill needs to accept that his niece might be a SPENCER, but she's also a nasty conniving bitch who made her own fucking bed.

It was really painful watching JMW trying to get her face to register emotion.  How could such a young woman do that to herself?  How could a woman of ANY age do that to herself.  One would think that Hunter Tylo would be a walking PSA against plastic surgery.  Fauxdi might have been justified in reading her old man for filth but she's the LAST person to talk about messy love-lives.

Now Liam and Fauxdi are being parachuted into the Quinn/Eric/Ridge story line.  Obviously tptb have run out of ideas for the 'super-couple'.  Scott Clifton was asked which character he would want back if he could choose and he said 'Amber'.  He probably knows Hope's not coming back so Amber is the next best thing.  Sounds like he's getting bored with playing Fauxdiloks' chew-toy du jour.

• Love 8
(edited)
59 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Scott Clifton was asked which character he would want back if he could choose and he said 'Amber'.  He probably knows Hope's not coming back so Amber is the next best thing. 

Ha! Amber would eat him for breakfast. Plus, RJ is more in her preferred age bracket....and I almost threw up typing that. 

I dunno, I've joked in the past that Liam could possibly...er, switch hit given how little chemistry he had with either JMW or Matula. But honestly? On paper, hes got a lot more in common with Saul than anyone else on the screen. Saul seems like he has a somewhat selective moral compass (same as Liam) but apart from that he isn't a truly terrible person like Steffy or a high maintainance princess like Hope eventually became. Plus, he doesn't have his name on the door of SF, so maybe he'd be more willing to entertain Liam's demands that he give up his career as he's tried with the Idiot Twins, lol.

Snark aside, I could honestly ship that, and it'd be totally cool to have two bisexual men on the same show because they are so underrepresented on TV. And hey, there'd likely be another Emmy in it for Scott Clifton probably.

*waves to the B&B spy reading our posts*

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Ha! Amber would eat him for breakfast. Plus, RJ is more in her preferred age bracket....and I almost threw up typing that. 

Amber is raising baby Rosie- who we thought was Liam's (due to them 'sleeping together' aka her slipping into bed next to a passed out Liam) until Bill saw the baby drop from Amber's golden cooter.

But Amber would be a great pairing for Liam's evil twin storyline. She actually has motive for wanting to stick it to the Spencers and aiding evil twin Liam in taking over real Liam's life and bilking Bill and getting revenge for being the 'thrown away' son.  Bill nearly pushed her pregnant scheming ass off a cliff so could totally see her in cahoots with Evil twin until it's revealed he's a sociopath and planning on killing Bill and set up Wyatt to take the fall. Then she'll suddenly grow a seed of a conscience and try to stop him without exposing herself which leads to him trying to kill her and Real Liam or Wyatt or Steffy saves the day. Then she'll skate because she was 'a victim' of evil Liam's too and 'tried to do the right thing in the end' and because Rosie can't lose her mother!

It's a good idea but I just do not like Amber so much that I'd be FFWDing like crazy.

The thing about the show lately is that it feels like it's running on plot instead of character.

Steffy would never apologize to Sheila.

Liam would not suffer being in the same room as Quinn.

Quinn would not be mewling in Ridge's arms or letting Sheila push her around.

Katie would not be hugging Quinn after months of hating her guts.

Eric would not trust Sheila to tell him the weather much less be his confidant and give him medication.

Ridge wouldn't leave his son's hospital bed to comfort his quasi mistress.

The characters on the show are having to be bent out of shape to accommodate Sheila's return and it's making them look dumb, unrootable, and compromising the impact of the Quidge emotional affair reveal. Did Quinn need a better rival than Katie? Yes. Is Sheila a good match? Yeah. But the way Sheila was dropped into this story was clumsy and the seams are still showing weeks later.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Changing us to is.
  • Love 14
58 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

The characters on the show are having to be bent out of shape to accommodate Sheila's return and it's making them look dumb, unrootable, and compromising the impact of the Quidge emotional affair reveal. Did Quinn need a better rival than Katie? Yes. Us Sheila a good match? Yeah. But the way Sheila was dropped into this story was clumsy and the seams are still showing weeks later.

Very well said.

As much as I dislike Steffy, there is no way on God's green earth that she should EVER apologize for shooting Sheila.  The only thing Steffy needed to apologize for is her lousy marksmanship.  To watch Quinn flap her hands in panic instead of putting on her scheming cap is revolting.  It was a surprise when Eric and Quinn got together but there was a reason Eric fell for Quinn; she was beautiful and talented and excited and she truly loved him.  There is no fucking reason for Eric to spend a second in Sheila's company.  Baby Douglas would be able to smell the crazy that wafts off her.  And it's not exciting, sexy crazy like Quinn.  It's just plain old shithouse rat crazy.  I'm already bored with Sheila and I hate what she's done to the show.

• Love 9

Okay.  I get it.  The writers want to groom a future leading lady which explains why Stuffy has inexplicably become the epitome of Chaka Khan’s hit, “I’m Every Woman.”  Stuffy is a CEO who used her tail a few short years ago to wangle shares from a smart and wily businessman.  Stuffy is her poodle’s, er, Lame’s ride or die chick, who is down for whatever.  Stuffy is functioning as the de facto matriarch of the fractured Forrester family despite having two aunts, who should have been asked to step into that role.  Oh, and she is a femme fatale that had Bill’s two besotted sons vying for her.  Then, there is Bill himself, who has no shortage of superlatives to assign to Stuffy—although the rest of us need a magnifying glass or telescope to find all this wonderfulness he keeps talking about.

Well, I hate to break it to Brad Bell & Co., but somebody slipped a joker into their deck of cards, and her initials are JMW.  Do people actually tune in everyday to see what she’s up to? And, when she isn’t on the air, do fans actually miss her?  Those scenes yesterday with TK were laughable.  I haven’t had too many complimentary things to say about TK in this role, but I’ve seen him in other things and I know he can bring it.  Yesterday, no matter how much he tried, he got nothing from JMW.  Nothing!  Her unsuccessful attempts to squeeze out tears were laughable.  Her attempt to display shock, disappointment and disgust only left me disgusted.  The other thing that was obvious to me was the lack of chemistry TK has with his onscreen daughter.   I felt as if I was watching a daughter reacting to her father telling her that he would greatly appreciate it if she would get rid of the extensions.  Scenes where a child is very disappointed in a parent should be highly emotional ones.  KM excelled at such scenes especially when she was acting opposite KKL.  I also had to laugh at how Steffy made this all about herself.  Um, sweetie, you were a non-fucking factor in your father’s decision-making process.  It was all about his ego and need to conquer.  But, at least Stuffy had enough self-awareness to come to the realization that her father repeatedly betrayed her mother and that the affair with Quinn was the reason Brooke didn’t go through with the wedding.  I also wait with baited breath to see how Sludge intends to "fix" this mess with his family.  Just so long as he doesn't draw Brooke into his "fix."

When I think of TK’s lack of chemistry with his onscreen daughter, I can’t help but contrast that with DD, who has amazing chemistry not only with his onscreen sons, but he even has babies and toddlers eating out of his hands.  He rocked his scenes yesterday with the little actor playing Dougie (a real cutie pie).  Even when Lame and Wyatt do things to piss Bill off, he stays true to character.  You would also believe that his sons are a priority and that he would fight to protect his family.  But, since when did “protecting” the family involve berating your little niece’s ex on her behalf?  Come on, man!  And, that little bit of advice that Bill gave Carowhine had me bugging my eyes out.  So, he basically tells Carowhine that she has to lead Thomas around to force him to come to heel.  Does Bill even listen to himself sometimes?  This is the same man who rightly rebelled when his ex-wife tried to do just that.  Bill was damned if he was going to be told how he should behave and he resented Katie’s little “tests.”  And, Carowhine, for the last time, Sally didn’t manipulate Thomas from his family business.  He was FIRED!  By your ex-husband!   

I cringed when I remembered the last time Carowhine enlisted Uncle Bill’s help to get rid of Maya.  I get that Bill has his eyes on the ball with respect to that building, but why does it have to be that building?  And, teaming up with Stuffy, of all people, to force a guy to be in a relationship with a girl (because Carowhine acts like a child) is not a great bet.  All it will do is motivate Thomas to fight that much harder for his lady love.

And, speaking of bad bets, if Bradley is counting on JMW/Stuffy to draw in viewers and retain their interest, he is playing with a sucker’s hand.

• Love 16
(edited)
14 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

The characters on the show are having to be bent out of shape to accommodate Sheila's return and it's making them look dumb, unrootable

Some of them were dumb and unrootable way before Sheila bought a bus ticket for Los Angeles.  I agree with 95% of your previous post TobinAlbers, except for the following:

15 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

She only did it to pre-empt Sheila calling the cops.  She certainly didn't mean it.

Eric would not trust Sheila to tell him the weather much less be his confidant and give him medication.

For 30 years Eric has always thought with his dick.  That's character consistency.

Ridge wouldn't leave his son's hospital bed to comfort his quasi mistress

Ridge has always put his kids and career behind his current flavor of the month, that's just the kind of guy he is.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 10

Steffy's brain is as stiff as her face.  In what world is Eric safer with Shelia than Quinn. Steffy has killed Aly, Quinn only tried to kill Deacon. Quinn threatened Liam, with a sword, but Steffy pushed Ivy into an electrical board. Steffy chases Eric's girlfriend, not knowing it was Quinn, and tackled her. Steffy shoots Shelia. Ok, Steffy has never kidnapped anyone but as far as I'm concerned, Steffy is a lot more dangerous than Quinn and Shelia is definitely more dangerous than Quinn.  Why is Steffy so judgmental with Ridge and Quinn when she shared a kiss with Bill when Bill was engaged to Katie and then Bill and Steffy were caught in bed together when Bill was actually married to Katie. 

Bill, did you really think it was a good idea to intimidate Thomas?  Beside, did you give enough of a crap, about your son, to stay in a loveless marriage with Katie. Thomas doesn't love Caroline but that doesn't register with Bill. In addition, wasn't he all up in arms when RJ tried to keep his parents together.  Will Steffy be all up in Caroline's face by wanting him to go back to NY with him?  Wasn't Steffy beating her chest declaring that Thomas should be with his family and FC in LA?  Can TIIC have a little cohesion in their writing. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

The thing about the show lately is that it feels like it's running on plot instead of character.

Liam would not suffer being in the same room as Quinn.

Quinn would not be mewling in Ridge's arms or letting Sheila push her around.

Katie would not be hugging Quinn after months of hating her guts.

Ridge wouldn't leave his son's hospital bed to comfort his quasi mistress.

The characters on the show are having to be bent out of shape to accommodate Sheila's return and it's making them look dumb, unrootable, and compromising the impact of the Quidge emotional affair reveal. Did Quinn need a better rival than Katie? Yes. Is Sheila a good match? Yeah. But the way Sheila was dropped into this story was clumsy and the seams are still showing weeks later.

Very well said, TobinAlbers!  The whole Lame/Quinn scene yesterday was simply mind boggling.  Lame standing there and having a conversation with Quinn?  Nor, should he have indulged Quinn's self-flagellation shtick ("Some people would think I deserve what's happening now..."), which is designed to elicit sympathy and to get the hearer to declare, "Oh, Quinn, that's not true!"  Given how plot-driven this nonsense is, I'm shocked that Lame didn't tell her that he knows she didn't mean to hold him hostage and repeatedly rape him.  After all, what's a little bit of role playing?

I have to respectfully disagree that Sludge wouldn't have left his trophy son's hospital bed to comfort his emotionally needy, hot mess of a quasi mistress.  Yes, he would.  In a heartbeat.  This is the same guy who has pulled several disappearing acts on Slouchy ever since he was a baby.  He couldn't even be bothered to inform his youngest kid that he was not remarrying Brooke because he chose to take up with "the boy's" Aunt Katie instead.  He all but said that he didn't give a damn about how "the boy" might feel when he hooked up with Carowhine.  And, Sludge sure had no problems using him to ingratiate his tired, tacky, trifling self back into Brooke's life just to best Bill.  The one thing that actually surprised me was that the writers didn't use Slouchy's accident and hospitalization as a way to insert some Bridge teases into the mix to muddy the waters.  Dare we hope that TPTB finally decided to give up the ghost and bury that pairing once and for all?

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Very well said, TobinAlbers!  The whole Lame/Quinn scene yesterday was simply mind boggling.  Lame standing there and having a conversation with Quinn?  Nor, should he have indulged Quinn's self-flagellation shtick ("Some people would think I deserve what's happening now..."), which is designed to elicit sympathy and to get the hearer to declare, "Oh, Quinn, that's not true!"  Given how plot-driven this nonsense is, I'm shocked that Lame didn't tell her that he knows she didn't mean to hold him hostage and repeatedly rape him.  After all, what's a little bit of role playing?

I have to respectfully disagree that Sludge wouldn't have left his trophy son's hospital bed to comfort his emotionally needy, hot mess of a quasi mistress.  Yes, he would.  In a heartbeat.

I mean all soaps have selective amnesia and as a long time soap watcher I should be use to it, but it really grinds my gears that I'm supposed to be so upset at Ridge for his history of 'crimes' against Eric (which really Eric, you went after Ridge's leftovers with Brooke, not the other way around) and yet I'm supposed to forget that just last year Quinn was ready to leave her beloved son, kill Deacon, and run off with a brain damaged man whose life she had been determined to ruin - and end on several occasions -  until she found herself on his 'mind altering' peen. 

Of course the long history of Eric and Ridge plays into this but that shouldn't outshine the fact that until about 9 months ago, Quinn was an unchecked menace.

I love the consensus by posters that it is TOTALLY Ridge to abandon his own kid at the hospital to go tend to his current obsession. It's damn near unanimous!

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Can TIIC have a little cohesion in their writing. 

On this show? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Nope.

As someone pointed out 50something Thorne and Felicia were crying about their parents not being married and the family being 'whole' again. They don't even live in the same city and barely see them! Children want their parents to be together no matter what age. You can bet when Jack Marrone appears he'll be whining about how he wishes Brooke and Nick (not Taylor, mind you, who carried him) had been together and they been a real family.

On a few random notes: 

I just realized who they should bring on for Katie. Dan Gauthier (Kevin from OLTL)  as a recast of an old boyfriend who has moved back to L.A.  They had chem and he could stand toe to toe with Bill. 

Thorne as a secret Spectra investor would make a whole lot of sense. I also would love for Thorne to come back to town with a surprise little bundle of joy that he and some offscreen new love decided to have as he grieved for Aly.  At his age he should have no problem running Forrester International with his eyes closed or just handing it over to Hope (which actually would be something if while Steffy is playing Nancy Drew with Liam's Hardy Boy, Hope's been getting business cred at International so she's ready to come for Forrester back in L.A.). Learning to love again and starting a surprise new family seems right for him.

• Love 13

If $Bill is so all fired sure that parents should be married to raise their children, then he should have re-married Lemonheads instead of Brooke.

Nope, nope, nope. He doesn't believe this in the least. He's just using Carowhine's latest want to help ruin Spectra.  Remove Thomas from Spectra, the company will tank and Bill gets to build his monument to himself.

Bill doesn't care if CarTom are together, he just wants to stick it to Thomas because he thwarted Bill''s dream.

Bill is going to attempt to sabotage Spectra at the Monte Carlo fashion show -- and I think Thomas is going to stop it.

Carowhine this time around is full-on mean girl.  I predict she'll do something really horrible to Sally, Thomas will witness it, and then ream Carowhine out.  Might tick Thomas off so much that maybe a custody battle is in the future.

That would be interesting.  Would the Forresters rally around Thomas against the Spencers?  Would this create a rift between Puffy and Waffles? Whose side would Brooke be on?  Is this how we discover that Rumple is really Douglas's father -- and Carowhine knew all along?

• Love 5

Bear with me y'all while I make an outrageous suggestion.  I want Thorne back with a new love... and the new love is a recast as slightly older Hope.

Now.. before everyone goes ooooo icky, hear me out.

Thorne and Hope have been closely working together at International,  She has grown and matured and completely gotten over Waffles.. THope have gradually realized their professional relationship, their mutual respect, admiration and friendship have turned to love.  They have helped each other heal -- Thorne from All's death and Hope from her failed marriage and miscarriage. Plus Hope will have given Thorne a reason to stand up and demand a seat at the big Forrester table.  I can see THope with the potential to be a power couple.

There is already the precedent of older man/ younger woman with Eric and Brooke so THope would be the next generation -- without the possible spoiler of Ridge..

Think of the all the drama.  Brooke might not be on board, but she married Eric so she really can't argue about the age difference.  Eric might feel the same as Brooke, but considering all the younger women he's married he'd have to take a seat.  Waffles would completely flip out that Hope was over him.  Puffy's head would explode that the evil Logan was now a Forrester, and she'd be worried Liam would flop back in love with Hope.  Wyatt would probably be amused and then wish them well.  Deacon could reappear to want a piece of the Forrester pie. We could have the 3-way battle of Thorne vs. Puffy vs, Ridge for head of FC.  Also who is the heir to Forrester matriarch after Quinn--  Maya or Hope or Puffy?

Then ... what happens if THope have a child?  How does a 2nd blood Forrester grandchild (after Lizzie) change the equation?

it could be good times -- and a way to pass the Forrester torch to the 2nd and 3rd generations.

• Love 5

Are we supposed to believe that Caroline loves Thomas?  Because if she does, why would she be so gung-ho about her uncle plotting something that will hurt Thomas?  She and $Bill flounce around talking about being 'Spencers', as if Bill Spencer isn't a monster truck rally away from being straight up trailer-trash.  And Caroline might have a lot of money in her bank account but she wasn't too 'classy' to avoid sleeping with a father AND son (I know that the first night she spent with Thomas is a matter of debate but it appears that that incident has been re-written).  I wonder what Grandma Stephanie would have to say about that.

I wish Sally would stop parading her insecurities in front of Caroline and Fauxdi.  She needs to have faith in her man and in herself.  She also needs to realize that Thomas is lucky to be rescued from women like his baby-mama and sister.  Sally might not be of the correct 'pedigree' but she isn't a nasty, vindictive bitch.  Thomas knows what he has; it's time Sally figured it out too.

Why doesn't Quinn start wearing sackcloth and ashes with a big old scarlet letter on the shoulder?  Enough already.  Fauxdi is the last person she needs to prostrate herself in front of.  Fauxdi might want to check with Liam to find out just how the nasty little affair between Quinn and Ridge started.  The fact is that Ridge gave Quinn the full-court press, aided and abetted by Liam, and apparently no woman can resist Ridge's greasy charms.  Fauxdi needs to tell Eric's wife where he is and WHO he's with and go home to the man she schemed and connived for.

7 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

Bear with me y'all while I make an outrageous suggestion.  I want Thorne back with a new love... and the new love is a recast as slightly older Hope.

Thorne and Hope have been closely working together at International,  She has grown and matured and completely gotten over Waffles.. THope have gradually realized their professional relationship, their mutual respect, admiration and friendship have turned to love.  They have helped each other heal -- Thorne from All's death and Hope from her failed marriage and miscarriage. Plus Hope will have given Thorne a reason to stand up and demand a seat at the big Forrester table.  I can see THope with the potential to be a power couple.

There is already the precedent of older man/ younger woman with Eric and Brooke so THope would be the next generation -- without the possible spoiler of Ridge..

Think of the all the drama.  Brooke might not be on board, but she married Eric so she really can't argue about the age difference.  Eric might feel the same as Brooke, but considering all the younger women he's married he'd have to take a seat.  Waffles would completely flip out that Hope was over him.  Puffy's head would explode that the evil Logan was now a Forrester, and she'd be worried Liam would flop back in love with Hope.  Wyatt would probably be amused and then wish them well.  Deacon could reappear to want a piece of the Forrester pie. We could have the 3-way battle of Thorne vs. Puffy vs, Ridge for head of FC.  Also who is the heir to Forrester matriarch after Quinn--  Maya or Hope or Puffy?

Then ... what happens if THope have a child?  How does a 2nd blood Forrester grandchild (after Lizzie) change the equation?

it could be good times -- and a way to pass the Forrester torch to the 2nd and 3rd generations.

Interesting...but I just can't see Hope getting with a man who's slept with her mother.  Brooke's sex life caused Hope a lot of shame and trauma and Thorne was part of that. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

I wasn't thinking the exact same thing but wasn't too chicken to post it! 

Soooo glad I wasn't alone in thinking this!

(edited)

Game on! Did Sally call Carowhine, "Litterbug?" at the restaurant? That was priceless and then concluding with "Own it!" as she flounced away. That dark look that crossed Caroline's face after Sally left her in her wake was well, interesting. Of course, Carowhine had to high-tail it back to Uncle Bill so they could gleefully rub their hands together and compare notes about they respective meetings with each half of "Tally" and plot their next moves. There, there ... Uncle Bill's gonna make it all better now. GMAFB.

I'm so proud of Thomas standing up to Bill and firmly declaring his love for and commitment to Sally. I'm only sorry that Sally still wasn't hiding out between the garment racks to overhear that part of the conversation before she left for her lunch with Lockjaw. But ... once again ... after being all fierce warrior woman with Caroline, as soon as Sally was back with Thomas, the neediness oozed out like pus from an infected wound. I think Thomas is growing tired of having to constantly shore Sally up and I'm glad he finally told her that insecurity and jealousy are the nails in coffin of a relationship. He looked like he meant it, too.

Quinn groveling, crying and pleading with Faudi was too much for me to take.  Quinn's face reflected true anguish while Steffy had an unblinking expression of well, nothing. I really couldn't take my eyes off of  JMW's awful extensions. In this particular situation, I am going to have to side with Steffy. Quinn doesn't deserve Steffy's sympathy or assistance in righting the Quidge mess with the rest of the Forrester family. Those two losers are going to have to figure it out. Watching Quinn cry and proclaim that Eric is "the love of her life," made my stomach turn. Last week, she declared her love for Sludge. I just hate the way the writers are twisting this all fucked up. I wish Sheila would snap and kill all four of them: Quinn, Waffles, Steffy and Sludge.

Last note, am I alone in thinking that the lady who won the walk-on role is a better actress than JMW? Today she got to actually work with actual actors, HT, KKL and TK. It wasn't riveting dialogue but was more than just a walk-on role to deliver Brooke an envelope or something. The only thing I'd change is she really galumped out of the office but that's a minor detail. It would be all kinds of awesome if that part developed into a recurring role. I like seeing a "real-sized" woman and the cast could certainly use a Middle-Easterner!

Edited by grisgris
I meant KKL, not the unfortunate typo I made!
  • Love 11

@grisgris I agree. That seemed to be a bit of foreshadowing when Thomas turned away from Sally towards the camera and said "nothing kills a relationship faster that jealousy or insecurity."  

@MulletorHater and @Waldo13 your posts today I couldn't agree more. This could have been a powerful scene with Quinn but Steffi is such a damn hypocrite opportunist and the performance is so flat. 

I love Caroline and Sally so am liking their clash. I was a Carridge shipper though and Thomas is at his best with Sally. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

Last note, am I alone in thinking that the lady who won the walk-on role is a better actress than JMW? Today she got to actually work with actual actors, HT, KKK and TK. It wasn't riveting dialogue but was more than just a walk-on role to deliver Brooke an envelope or something. The only thing I'd change is she really galumped out of the office but that's a minor detail. It would be all kinds of awesome if that part developed into a recurring role. I like seeing a "real-sized" woman and the cast could certainly use a Middle-Easterner!

I was wondering who that character was. How did the lady win a walk-on role?

• Love 2

It's ridiculous how of all things, it's cheating that's proof that Quinn hasn't changed. This is a show, hell genre, where everyone cheats and makes excuses for it. Cheating is probably the least she's ever done.

If Eric was smart, he would have changed hotels as soon as he saw Sheila. He isn't that vulnerable where he can forgo common sense. While he is the victim, I have a hard time sympathizing Eric. He knew Quinn was a project, and he had many opportunities to jump ship. Quinn is the "good" type of bad, huh?

I don't find JMW's acting to be all that bad, tbh.

• Love 5
(edited)

So many thoughts…….

I am getting a little irritated with everyone being so butt hurt about Quinn and Ridge. Quinn is simply following the rules as laid out in the Forrester Family Relationship Handbook. Starting with chapter one “Eric and Stephanie; The College Years”, Quinn has learned that all bets are off during the courtship of a Forrester, and one can call upon all manner of nastiness to obtain the desired results; be it lying, stealing, manipulation or assault. Several chapters later Quinn comes to “The Forrester’s meet The Valley Girl”, and so begins her entrenchment into the Forrester Way. She quickly learns what it means to marry a Forrester, where stepping out on your partner is a right of passage, and stepping out with another family member is always preferred. Additionally, to earn bonus points, it is also advised that you swap your spouse with siblings or parents. In the final chapter of the Handbook “Handling the Fallout”, Quinn learns that while there will be hurt feelings, and some anger, and disgust, and shouting; at the end of the day all will be forgiven and the principals will move on to their next victim.

Ridge OTOH, is simply being Ridge. Of course Ridge has read the Handbook too, but being a blue blood, and the Original Waffle, and Stephanie’s son, has much more to do with his Ridgeism. As a young boy Ridge’s mind was being warped daily by an overbearing, possessive, enabling mother, who also possessed an ungodly romantic love for her first born son. Eric loved his family, but he also loved his ambition and his career, and maybe wasn’t as present as he should have been, leaving Ridge’s young mind to be developed by his mother. As Ridge grew up, Eric found it easier to just let The Queen have her way about all things Ridge. As long as it didn’t interfere with anything at FC’s or Ridge designing, Eric just blindly co-signed on anything Stephanie wanted or said in regards to Ridge. Then Brooke came into the picture and skewed all of it to hell. Once Eric picked up the pieces of his son’s broken romance with Brooke, and ran off and married her, he was no longer able to blindly agree. No, now Eric had opinions, and found himself getting angry at Ridge for being Ridge. But you don’t get to do that Eric. You can’t raise a child with your hand out in perpetual supplication, then suddenly change gears and snatch that enabling hand away.

In many ways I hate Stephanie and Eric more for creating this monster more than I hate the monster himself.

Steffy; you can love your grandfather, you can help him, and you can have an opinion, but you cannot insert yourself into his relationship with his wife. You didn’t like it when Quinn was coming around during your brief marriage to Wyatt. And as always, you are twisting the situation to fit your needs. Yes, you always said that Quinn would hurt Eric. BUT, you always felt she would try to physically harm him. Or drug him. Or cast her dark magic on him. Breaking his heart was never even on your radar. So you can just stop with that stuff. And Giiiirrrl, you need to step back and check your mouth. Don’t talk to anyone else about Quinn being fucking dangerous mmkay? As I have said before, you are Douglas to the core, and just like your gun totin Gansta Grandma, you will stop at nothing to achieve your goals. Disgusting Cow.

Oh Caroline! I had really started to like you when you and Ridge hooked up. I really did. And now I see that Ridge may have been the smart one to cut you loose. I am perplexed by your words to Uncle Bill. If you discovered that you do love Thomas, and that you want a future with him, then why didn’t you relay that to him? Because he is with Sally? Well, that sure isn’t stopping you now. No, I am confused why Steffy had to put her hand in the witch’s pot and stir it up by calling you and telling you to get back to LA. So, then, you are saying that Thomas should just pack it all in and move back to New York with you? Just like that huh? You told Uncle Bill yourself that you are the one who screwed up by dissing Thomas when he was in New York with you, and instead of calling Thomas, you just show up and start demanding a relationship with him? And now you are enlisting the help of your devious, master manipulator, very rich Uncle? Fight your own battles girl, especially when you are the one that started the fucking war. Trifling Bitch.

Thomas, I understand that you love Sally, and want a future with her, but I think your remark about jealousy and insecurity killing a relationship was callous and insensitive. Not that I don’t agree, but you really have to try and see this thing from Sally’s perspective. Sally is the new kid on the block. Sally is a Spectra. Sally has already been sabotaged by Bill, and by extension, became a thief that stole you and your family blind. Sally doesn’t have power. Sally doesn’t have money. All Sally has is you. From her position Caroline is holding all the cards. Caroline is rich. Caroline is beautiful. Caroline comes from the right side of the tracks. Caroline is part of a wealthy, powerful, acceptable Society family. Caroline has her Uncle Bill in her back pocket; someone who has already come after Sally and nearly destroyed her. Caroline has Thomas’s nasty ass sister in her back pocket too. And last but not least, Caroline has the ultimate trump card in having a son with Thomas; a child she will use to her dying day to get Thomas away from Sally. So I can kinda see why Sally is feeling cornered.

Bill, I want to hate you, but I can’t. Mainly because you married Brooke and have put a smile back on her face, and have relit that inner fire she always had, the one that makes her glow with happiness. I also think you are funny as hell. You don’t realize it, but your ranting about family and responsibility, and being a dad just makes you a caricature of yourself. Yelling at Thomas and insulting him won’t have the desired effect. You should know that just like his dad, Thomas’s reaction to insults and taunting is to dig his heels in deeper. Let your grown ass bitch of a niece handle the problems she brought on herself. Stop stroking and fantasizing about your Phallic Tower and go home and let Brooke stroke the real thing.

I do love your new look though; the short sleeved Polo type shirts, and the green is a nice change from the standard black. And your hair looks much better now that you have done away with the Bobby Brown hightop comb over.

Sally, I love you and don’t have a single bad thing to say about you. I am jealous though, cause yellow is one of my favorite colors, and as a fellow Ginger I look atrocious in it, while you totally and completely rock it.

An Alison sighting! I love Alison. Her accent and undying love for Bill make her so human.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12

Matriarch—a woman who rules or dominates a family, group, or state; specifically:  a mother who is head and ruler of her family and descendants [emphasis mine], i.e. our grandmother was the family’s matriarch.  Merriam-Webster definition.

Given the definition above, I nearly fell to the floor in a dead faint when Quinn appealed to Stuffy as the “head of the family” for mercy and forgiveness.  The hell?  First of all, Stuffy has neither the age, life experiences nor descendants to be considered the head of anything.  The only thing she effectively leads is her neutered husband, whose balls she has set in a pair of platinum earrings and keeps in her nightstand.  Quinn has repeatedly apologized to the people who needed to hear it—Eric and Brooke—and it is up to those who were personally hurt by this betrayal to determine how they choose to handle it.  She cannot control or manipulate their responses.  Her repeated explanations, apologies and supplications to people like Sheila and Stuffy is beyond belief.   As someone else pointed out, given how Stuffy treated Wyatt as if he was nothing but some pesky dog doo-doo stuck to her stilettos, Quinn doesn’t owe Stuffy a thing.  Stuffy standing there and telling Quinn that her picture doesn’t belong in the house and that she should vacate the premises was beyond arrogant.  That’s when Quinn should have stepped to her full height and read that plasticized hypocrite for filth.  The last time I checked, the only person who has the right to order Quinn to leave the Forrester mansion was Eric, which he has already done. 

JMW’s quavering voice as she gave voice to Stuffy’s hurt, anger and disappointment didn’t move me one bit (other than my bowels).  Just no.  I also had a Scooby-Doo moment when she claimed that she tried to support Queric and reluctantly came around to agreeing that Quinn was good for Eric.  I’m sure that even Maury Povich would have something to say about that blatant falsehood.

5970c92604843_ThatWasaLie.jpg.12ce8872a01d0a8a7520331c6364c887.jpg

I asked yesterday if Bill actually hears himself sometimes.  When Thomas made it emphatically clear that he is devoted to his son and that the woman in his life is Sally, that statement should have struck a chord with Bill.  He literally said the same thing—almost verbatim—during one of his numerous entreaties to Brooke when he was actively pursuing her.  Bill, if you have to lecture a grown man about his family obligations, etc. as a way to guilt him into a relationship, you might want to take a step back and take a trip down memory lane.  Don’t you remember when Brooke repeatedly insisted that you were going back to Katie and Will, and you adamantly told her you would do no such thing? 

But, Bill can’t see past what he wants when it comes to that building, which is basically an extension of himself.  Which, brings me to Carowhine.  Does she really want a man that way?  Or, has this now become a way of besting a woman she considers beneath her?  Evidently so because she is totally on board with her uncle stepping in as the backup quarterback because her own incomplete forward passes hit the AstroTurf, resulting in a loss of yardage and downs.

Sally, requesting a sit-down with the baby-mama is never a good idea.  The insecurity literally oozed from your pores and it's not attractive.  Your rival, who is the quintessential mean girl, smugly smirked and lapped up your insecurities like a cat lapping from a saucer of cream.  The best thing to do in this situation is to trust your man, step back and let him take the wheel.  That comment from Thomas about nothing killing a relationship faster than jealousy and insecurity had an ominous ring to it.  Sally should consider that her first and only warning because Thomas looked none too thrilled when he said it.  Maybe it’s my imagination, but Thomas’ face also conveyed that he is already tired of doing most of the heavy lifting in the relationship.  Even if a person has a savior complex, it grows old after a while when the other person has to be constantly reassured that she is "the one."  But, then I'm reminded that Thomas had a lifetime of observing that very behavior in his own house.

So, now Brooke and Katie have been reduced to Sludge’s sounding boards as he informs them that Stuffy knows about him and Quinn.  And, I swear if I hear that clown lament how he lost Brooke one more time, I’m going to kick in my TV screen.  To her credit, Brooke has yet to rise to the bait but I wish the writers would remember that she and Bill are newlyweds, who should have better things to do (preferably with each other) than being involved in Quidge-gate or Mean Girls 2017.

• Love 9
(edited)

My DVR finally cooperated - I still haven't decided if that's a good or a bad thing. Obviously I didn't miss much because everyone is STILL in the same clothes they wore late last week, so it's STILL the same day and a pretty fucking boring one.

Recap for Wed. 7/19/17:

We open at the Forrester mansion where Fauxdi is flashing back to Ridge confirming he had an affair with Quinn.

Quinn comes down the stares to find Steffy looking up at her portrait and Steffy, hearing her, turns to faces her step-grandmother as self-righteously indignant as you would expect.

Steffy.thumb.jpg.253720b598903b4c4d96ebaa9a21edd4.jpg

This heifer has the gall to look disgusted when she was the one cozying up to Wyatt in her skivvies while still involved with Liam and fucking Liam while still married to Wyatt. So she can take ALL the seats right about now...

Steffy wastes no time confronting her about betraying her grandfather.

Quinn persists with the same tact of focusing on how Steffy found out.

WHAT.DIFFERENCE.DOES.IT.MAKE????????????????

Steffy confirms she heard it from Ridge and was so disillusioned. Really? If she doesn't know what an asshole her father is by now...

Quinn: "It was just a few-"

Steffy: "Kisses?" She gives her a bitch, please look, and if it were just about anyone else, I'd applaud her, but it's Steffy so... She counters it was a lot more than that.

Quinn talks about how foolish it was and how she and Ridge regret what happened. Regret is very different from remorse and I still haven't seen true remorse yet, just regret over getting caught.

Steffy isn't hearing it: "My grandfather did EVERYTHING for you!" She shares she wasn't surprised a bit that Quinn hurt him, she knew she would, but even she didn't expect her to hurt him like this. 

She rails about her stupidity in believing Quinn was actually good for Eric. 

Quinn: "I lost the love of my life!" You threw him away. 

Steffy is upset that her grandfather is no longer living in the home he built with her grandmother, the home he loves so much. I think she's supposed to be crying here, but OMG, a block of wood would show more acting ability than this and Lord knows, RS, who is in tears and trembling throughout all of this (which, the trembling from Quinn is ridiculous), is trying her hardest to eke some emotion from her.

I don't think JMW is capable, plastic surgery or not. It takes all the emotional gravitas this storyline could and should have had right out the window. When even KB's Sheila stunt casting (a sure sign of desperation if I ever saw one) can't save this, you know things have gone horribly, horribly wrong. All the momentum this storyline had is at a standstill. Worse, I don't think anyone here gives a shit at this point. I don't know how TPTB think it was worth ruining a magical couple for this ish...

Boring, paint-by-numbers couples may need drama to keep them interesting (I'm looking at Steffy and all of her pairings, except, perhaps, Still - don't shoot me!)  but great couples, with amazing actors, don't. Look at Brill. They can be lounging by the pool and I would watch them every day because they make the most ordinary of scenes extraordinary. RS/JMc are amazing vets as well and don't need manufactured plot devices to keep them interesting. They're another couple I would watch just being...

They need to get Eric back home and forgive Quinn because I think as much as she's capable of loving anyone, she does love him and he was an old hound dog as well and move on from this nonsense already.

Steffy: "If you have any decency, leave this home and leave my grandfather's life for good."

Quinn makes a pained face and essentially throws herself on Steffy's mercy (what mercy?), praising her protectiveness of her grandfather. She begs Steffy to help her make inroads with Eric, saying "Do it for him."

Again, Quinn begging is something the character just doesn't do. To anyone. Ever. The Quinn I know and love to hate would have followed Steffy (or had Steffy followed) and tracked Eric down, kicked everyone, including Sheila the hell out of that room, and had it out with her husband.

Steffy's face is expressionless, as usual.

Over at FC, Katie and Brooke show up to the CEO's office where Ridge is getting an update from Patrice.

While I love that they're featuring a woman of color and she's more talented than JMW, that's a low bar. She's obviously still nervous because she said her lines so slow, I thought the credits would roll before she finished chatting about the Spencer Summit.

After she leaves, Brooke calls Ridge out on being distracted. He gives a long-suffering sigh, then admits that Steffy knows about him and Quinn and he's the reason she knows.

Brooke is stunned: "You told Steffy? Why?"

Katie: "Because he couldn't lie to his daughter." Sure, that's it. Ridge lies as easily as the proverbial rug.

Ridge, gruff, barks: "Yeah...and she was starting to put things together already." Well, she would know from cheating.

Brooke sighs, disappointed, "She must be devastated." Katie looks kind of smug here. Well, there's no love lost between her and Fauxdi.

Brooke.thumb.jpg.6da107279b26eaca6e64a569785201a3.jpg

Katie: "You both must be."

Brooke: "I'm sorry, Ridge." Dafuq? Why in the hell would or should she be sorry? He did this to himself.

Ridge talks about how he's never seen Steffy look at him like that before. Katie thinks she'll come around. Ridge isn't so sure.

Ridge: "She's forgiven stuff in the past, but this is different, Katie." 

Brooke just can't understand how Sheila is the one nor can Katie, but again, it's IRRELEVANT.

Ridge then reveals that Sheila knows where Eric is and they are "Oh shit!"

Ridge doesn't know if Sheila is with him (oh, she is) but that she came to the house and picked up some of his things.

Katie is aghast: "Why didn't Quinn follow her?" Exactly.

Ridge says it's because Eric would have run off for good. I doubt it.

Brooke: "This is getting scary." Katie thinks they should go to the police. What, and interrupt Lt Hot Dog's shakedown of dumb teenagers (although thank goodness we've had nary an Ambien 1.0 or 2.0 sighting this week).

Ridge: "And tell them what? Tell them the whole (sordid) story. This is just domestic drama." 

Ridge.thumb.jpg.de6d0f866e76c88edd8564ecee50c252.jpg

He reasons that Eric has only been gone a couple of days. Two, at best, considering the same outfits issue. Brooke agrees, thinking about the media circus that would erupt.

Ridge: "Why did it have to be Sheila? Why?" Because karma is a bitch?

Brooke: "Because Sheila is that kind of person." No, because Ridge and Quinn are that kind of person. The lying, cheating, backstabbing, betraying kind.

Ridge says he thought he could put this behind him, behind "us" (meaning him and Brooke - and hell no to that). But now Steffy knows so it can't be behind him.

Ridge: "Because this is my father's wife. It's unforgivable." Particularly when he's done this before, with the very woman standing in front of him now. Brooke doesn't respond to this. "First you...I can't lose my daughter." He looks all hangdog and Brooke tells him he'll never lose Steffy, giving him a sympathetic look, and I don't like that one bit.

Over at SF, Sally is hiding behind a rack of clothes, listening in as Bill and Thomas go toe to toe. Over her.

I have to pause from quibbling about the endless day because Bill is still rocking that green polo shirt. Ummm mmmm mmmm!

Bill.jpg.2afc73d613f50839f0844d42c98577b1.jpg

Bill is here to not just plead, but demand niece Carowhine's case: "Caroline wants to give you something you never had growing up - a stable home and a family." He adds that Thomas loves her, how could he not? As the mother of his child, sure, but that's where it ends.  Sally slips out then and so misses Thomas' firm response, which is that he did want a life with Caroline but was tired of waiting for her to be on the same page.

Most of all she misses this: "The woman in my life is Sally."

Thomas.thumb.jpg.cc4fc518a5529bd4b79c409d785ba746.jpg

Bill senses he needs to let that alone for a bit and talk turns to business with Bill mocking Thomas' stance that SF will be a huge success in Monte Carlo. 

Bill: "The company is doomed."

Thomas, knowing what Bill pulled before with the fake review, is quick to call Bill out on having some trick up his sleeve to sabotage SF.

Thomas, warning, "Any attempt to sabotage that fashion show will blow up in your face." Bill dramatically claps at the Forrester bluster and laughs at the sheer impossibility of that as only he can and while I love $ Bill, I kind of want to kick his ass right now. I don't doubt he loves his niece but if SF wasn't sitting smack dab in the middle of where he wants to build his homage to his dick, I doubt he would be all that involved right now. Setting that issue aside, um, where was all of this sense of family duty when it was Bill on the hot seat? He certainly didn't give Will an intact family. Just a tad hypocritical.

Thomas: "This isn't the upstart that you and Jarrett beat on a few months ago."

Bill: "Mmmm....no...you're right, it's not. Because now they have you...Captain Super Sketcher...who deserted his family...for the woman who stole their entire collection." You could argue, Bill stole SF's entire collection by sabotaging them.  And sorry, Bill, but fuck you, for saying Thomas deserted his family. I still love you though.

Bill tries to work the FC is his legacy angle, but again, Thomas isn't buying it and I don't blame him. What legacy? The one handed on a silver platter to his sister?

Bill: "Be a man...not a fool. Leave this insanity behind you and do what's right and start a life with Caroline and your son." 

Thomas says nothing. He just stands there, arms crossed, and watches Bill go. It was interesting watching these two interact. Even though PF towers over DD quite a bit, DD still has the more imposing presence. He stares off into the distance and it's unclear from his expression exactly what he's thinking. It better not be that he should suck it up and reunite his family when his heart is elsewhere.

We cut to Il Giardino and see that's where Sally slipped off to. 

I appreciate that Sally wastes no time on pleasantries on Caroline, who doesn't deserve them. To her credit, Caroline doesn't pretend that she doesn't know why Sally wanted to meet.

Sally.jpg.304732d2fde2b84c4b627a8e72305f28.jpg

Sally: "You left him, Caroline. Big mistake."

Caroline: "So then why are you feeling so threatened? I'm just trying to reunite my family." Oh fuck you, bitch. You had not once, but two chances to do exactly that and you threw them away and let's be honest, you want Thomas because he wants someone else. She is a greedy, bottomless pit that only wants what she can't have.

Sally won't be swayed by this obvious attempt to pull at her heartstrings: "Your "family" is the son you share with Thomas, but that's as far as it goes."

Caroline makes this screwed up poor little rich bitch look, simpering: "For now...Yeah." At least she's honest, but I still want to slap the taste of her mouth.

Sally correctly surmises that Caroline wants him to be with her and Douglas in NY. So much for his life and career in LA. Selfish heifer. 

Caroline just says, "Yeah" and smiles like she's just the cutest thing ever.

Sally throws the very real facts of Caroline having Fauxdi and Big Bad $ Bill in her corner, dragging her out to LA.

Caroline, defensive, "Nobody drags me anywhere." Of course they do.

Sally cuts her off: "And yet, that's exactly what you want to do to Thomas. You want to drag him to NY and use your son as bait. How classy." 

giphy.gif

Caroline, all fake indignation: "Excuse me?" You heard her, loud and clear, cow.

Sally has had enough of this: "Look, here's the deal. You guys all want to line up against me, fine. But this isn't a con. I am very grateful for Thomas in my life. We love each other and I am not giving him up without a fight." She gives a "don't fuck with me" look to Caroline who tries to look intimidating. Epic fail, Princess.

Caroline.jpg.26ba07df5cf47bc95fe5eddde0ae2f5e.jpg

Sally tells her that Thomas is not her guy: "Look, Glitterbug. He's over it." LMFAO at "Glitterbug."

LG just scrunches up her face (AF's Scamber would be proud): "Well then you have nothing to worry about."

Sally calls her out on her BS: "No, not if you and Uncle Big Bucks play by the rules. But neither of you can buy me off or make me go away. Okay, plenty of kids grow up without their parents...including my sister and me. You want Douglas to have a real father? He has one.  Thomas is there for him. Who he is not there for is you...nor will he be." Tell her, Sally!

She stands up, clearly finished with this coversation and Carowhine, who's not fit to lick her boots. "Thomas and I are the real deal. Own it." She looks down at Caroline like gum on the bottom of her shoe and sashays out like the boss she is.

Sally2.jpg.a2e1a1dbbee9940c2f73f504f05fb600.jpg

Caroline looks like she's going to be sick. That's what you get for taking on my gal.

Later, Sally is back at SF and asks Thomas if anything interesting happened while she was gone. He doesn't share the tiny little detail about $ Bill stopping by. On the one hand, I don't think Thomas is taking $ Bill seriously and doesn't want to upset Sally. But on the other hand, it's keeping secrets and it was a chance for him to tell her he all but showed Bill the door.

Sally tells him she met with Caroline and that it went how she expected and that, essentially, she, along with Bill and Steffy, are working to lure him away from the company - and her.

Thomas brushes off her concerns, telling her: "Nothing kills a relationship faster than jealousy and insecurity."  That pissed me off. Sally isn't being some whiny, crying, clinging vine. She's just stating the very real facts. For him to dismiss them and her is wrong. Not to mention, he knows good and well how Sally rarely lets other folks in, much less love in. Their relationship is still very new and fragile and there are some real threats to derail them.

They share a long look then Thomas steps away: "I love my son. I will always be there for him...but... (He turns to face her) I will always be here for you. That is my commitment deal." She looks back at him, wanting so, so badly to believe him, to believe that this time, things will be different.  That he will be different.

sally3.jpg.89a6fa221fafa5a101300a31fe2e1234.jpg

She's mollified, for now, and steps over to him to kiss him. He holds her close then but stares off into the distance, undoubtedly thinking of the dilemma he's in and I have an uneasy feeling. Again, we don't need this shoehorned Caroline nonsense. The lead-up and pay-off of the Spencer Summit Fashion Showdown is ample excitement and drama, but TPTB can't resist reaching back into their rusty, dusty bag of worn out tricks.

Caroline shows up at SP to fill him in on her meeting with Sally.

Caroline: "Well, she's not going quietly into the night, that's for sure." That's my Sally. She doesn't do gentle.

Bill snarks, "Women like Sally usually don't."

Caroline counters: "Women like me don't either." Girl, please.

Bill: "Spoken like a true Spencer." I cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

He shares that he met with Thomas: "I just thought it was important that I express that he be done with that company and that woman."

Caroline: "I hope you were a little more deft than that." Who is she trying to kid? Bill is about as subtle as this:

giphy.gif

And everyone knows that, her included.

Bill admits: "I was not."

Caroline laughs at that.

Bill adds: "Thomas needs to understand this his loyalties need to lie with you and your child." Just like your loyalties lie with Katie and Will, huh, Bill? And trust, I am over the moon that Brill is finally wed and happy but he needs to be careful. His forked tongue is showing.

He tells his eager niece that he thinks Thomas is starting to come around and says he sees a very dark future for Thomas if he doesn't close this chapter of his life, adding that he doesn't want to see Thomas have to explain this to Douglas. So, how did you explain to Will that Brooke is not just his aunt but his stepmommy?

Caroline: "Explain what?

Bill, revisionist historian here, "Explained how he deserted his family, how he deserted you, how his first solo business venture was a complete disaster, and it will be. I guess he's a good kid. He's a Forrester, that doesn't seem to bother you...my beautiful niece." Your beautiful building, you mean. "You and your happiness are my priority." Again, his phallic tower is the bigger priority. Caroline is too fucking stupid to realize that.

Caroline comes around the desk to hug him and thank him in the same annoying baby voice Fauxdi likes to use. Blech!

She says that she hopes they can work it out and Bill assures her "we will." And how absolutely pathetic that Caroline has to enlist reinforcements to try to win Thomas back,  including her little boy, and that she, on her own, doesn't hold his interest anymore. It's completely lost on all of them, except for Sally.

Proof positive...as Bill is hugging his niece, he's eyeing his building.

Bill2.jpg.264363175525e0fd292a50c854714001.jpg

Priorities indeed.

This is one time that I hope Bill's scheme fails...spectacularly.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Thorne as a secret Spectra investor would make a whole lot of sense. I also would love for Thorne to come back to town with a surprise little bundle of joy that he and some offscreen new love decided to have as he grieved for Aly.  At his age he should have no problem running Forrester International with his eyes closed or just handing it over to Hope (which actually would be something if while Steffy is playing Nancy Drew with Liam's Hardy Boy, Hope's been getting business cred at International so she's ready to come for Forrester back in L.A.). Learning to love again and starting a surprise new family seems right for him.

I would love it if Thorne were a secret Spectra investor, in honor of Darla and Aly.

6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Thomas, I understand that you love Sally, and want a future with her, but I think your remark about jealousy and insecurity killing a relationship was callous and insensitive. Not that I don’t agree, but you really have to try and see this thing from Sally’s perspective. Sally is the new kid on the block. Sally is a Spectra. Sally has already been sabotaged by Bill, and by extension, became a thief that stole you and your family blind. Sally doesn’t have power. Sally doesn’t have money. All Sally has is you. From her position Caroline is holding all the cards. Caroline is rich. Caroline is beautiful. Caroline comes from the right side of the tracks. Caroline is part of a wealthy, powerful, acceptable Society family. Caroline has her Uncle Bill in her back pocket; someone who has already come after Sally and nearly destroyed her. Caroline has Thomas’s nasty ass sister in her back pocket too. And last but not least, Caroline has the ultimate trump card in having a son with Thomas; a child she will use to her dying day to get Thomas away from Sally. So I can kinda see why Sally is feeling cornered.

Sally has also grown up with years of Grams telling her that Spectras are the lowest of the low, and not as good as people like Steffy & Caroline.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Sally has also grown up with years of Grams telling her that Spectras are the lowest of the low, and not as good as people like Steffy & Caroline.

This, exactly...and I can only imagine the scars that left, not to mention those left by the parents who abandoned her.

Meanwhile, Caroline has been wanted and cossetted and pampered since the day she was born. 

Thomas's mother was absent for several years during his childhood and not by her choice, but Ridge was there for him as a father (at least until he became of age) during his formative years as was Brooke as his sometime stepmother, aunt Bridget, grandparents Eric and Stephanie and his sisters. He doesn't know what's it like to be in Sally's shoes. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

The fact is that Ridge gave Quinn the full-court press, aided and abetted by Liam,

I'd actually forgotten about that part of it. And now I'm pissed off all over again.

As for Thomas telling Sally that insecurity is a turnoff, it speaks to his maturity that he told her this rather than run to another woman as most of the men would have done. This is the exact opposite of Liam and Hope, where they both took turns running from one another instead of talking it out and Steffy/Liam when Steffy assumed he'd run off to Sydney to be with Ivy last year. But Thomas has done nothing to garner Sally's worry, so her insecurity seems misplaced. 

• Love 3

I can understand both sides of this. I certainly DO NOT want for Carowhine to be the victor here, especially since she's playing dirty by handing off to Faudi and Uncle Bill. Sally really has nobody in her corner. Saul would be secretly thrilled if Thomas and Caroline reunite. Coco isn't going to do anything to jeopardize her relationship with Slouchy. I honestly don't know how Grams would react. She's crammed Sally's heart and soul with proclamations that Sally can never measure up to the great Caroline, etc. But now that Thomas is SF's benefactor, Grams might change her tune.  Anyway, my opinions are based on just the typical nature of men in general. If a woman seems too needy or vulnerable they get skittish and bail. Unless of course it's a "Save a Ho" type like Waffles who thrives on that type of behavior. I am dreading whatever Bill, Faudi and Carowhine cook up and hope it backfires miserably in all of their faces.

I also forgot that Liam was in on Sludge's scheme to discredit Quinn.

GLITTERBUG!! Ha! Ha! That's even funnier! I thought Sally said,  "Litterbug," as a blow to Carowhine carelessly tossing away her previous chances with Thomas. That's a double dig! LOL! I also have to wonder if Caroline really wants Thomas. She may have been perfectly happy and Faudi called her up to stir the shit. The fact that Thomas has moved on and Caroline apparently hadn't ... well, her ego just couldn't.  At least LG is on a short contract so whatever the writers are pulling out of their asses should be short-lived.

Can we see Sheila tomorrow, please???  It made me angry enough that the show was pre-empted today to listen to another whiner, that lowlife OJ Simpson!!!

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/19/2017 at 4:39 PM, mightysparrow said:

Interesting...but I just can't see Hope getting with a man who's slept with her mother.  Brooke's sex life caused Hope a lot of shame and trauma and Thorne was part of that. 

Me, neither. She tried to move past that accidental one time Possé boink* Brooke had with Oliver but ultimately she couldn't. I don't think she'd go for Thorne, and this show being what it is, they'd probably recast Nick for such a purpose first.**

*Add that to the list of things less stupid than Eric trusting Sheila.

**Please do NOT do this, and if Bradley Bell even thinks about going there, I hope the people watching the board slap the pen out of his hand.

15 hours ago, grisgris said:

Can we see Sheila tomorrow, please???  It made me angry enough that the show was pre-empted today to listen to another whiner, that lowlife OJ Simpson!!!

IKR? Wasn't it enough that he ruined soap operas twenty years ago?

....at least according to the producers of today.  OJ isn't to blame for poor pacing, shit character motivations and the censorship of gay and lesbian couples in the 2000s on the P&G shows.

ETA:

In many ways I hate Stephanie and Eric more for creating this monster more than I hate the monster himself.

????

Case in point: Ridge's snotty comment to Eric about making him the way he is. He was right for all the wrong reasons, but it was truth nonetheless. 

That said, good God, he's a grandfather himself now. Grow the fuck up. This ain't your first rodeo. This isn't even the first time this *decade* that he's come between the wife of another family member (as far as he considers Rick to be family....but then he was raised with Thorne and look what he did there).

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

This, exactly...and I can only imagine the scars that left, not to mention those left by the parents who abandoned her.

Meanwhile, Caroline has been wanted and cossetted and pampered since the day she was born. 

Thomas's mother was absent for several years during his childhood and not by her choice, but Ridge was there for him as a father (at least until he became of age) during his formative years as was Brooke as his sometime stepmother, aunt Bridget, grandparents Eric and Stephanie and his sisters. He doesn't know what's it like to be in Sally's shoes. 

And I'm sure Grams wasn't very comforting with her "your parents dumped you!" rhetoric.

I wish they would actually fill in some of the holes in Sally's backstory though. We don't even know where she came from (or do we?). Where she lives now (unless she moved in with Thomas). Where Grams and Coco live (and does Coco live on her own since she seems to keep her distance from her family)? And we don't even know which of her parents is Shirley's child, and it has been implied, but never stated outright, that they are in prison.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, grisgris said:

GLITTERBUG!! Ha! Ha! That's even funnier! I thought Sally said,  "Litterbug," as a blow to Carowhine carelessly tossing away her previous chances with Thomas. That's a double dig! LOL! I also have to wonder if Caroline really wants Thomas. She may have been perfectly happy and Faudi called her up to stir the shit. The fact that Thomas has moved on and Caroline apparently hadn't ... well, her ego just couldn't.  At least LG is on a short contract so whatever the writers are pulling out of their asses should be short-lived.

At first I thought Sally called Carowhine "Twitterbug" given how much she seemed to Tweet about her every waking moment.  I'm a little nervous about LG's short-term contract because if this contrived triangle takes off, Carowhine will be around a lot longer.  Not only does her ego refuse to accept that Thomas has moved on and she clearly hadn't, Thomas also moved on with someone she considers beneath her.  That's what's really sticking in her silken drawers.  Carowhine is wondering, how could Thomas want someone like Sally instead of her "fine" self.  That's why it was so easy for Stuffy to manipulate this situation because both of these to-the-manor-born bitches are on the same page when it comes to Sally.  It's been a recurring theme on this show since the early years.  The Logans lived in Sherman Oaks and were looked down on.  "Valley trash," "slut from the Valley," and other such pejoratives.  Amber was trailer trash from Death Valley more because of where she came from as opposed to her trifling behavior.  Even Bill just got through referring to Sally 2.0 as trailer trash.  Meanwhile, his own sperm donor treated him like a soiled diaper and he alluded to still having scars from something his mother did or didn't do when he was a child.  And, I remember the disdain that Stephanie had for Sally for years before they became friends and it wasn't just because Sally was an acknowledged thief.  

When you mentioned the show being preempted by a whiner, I thought it was because of the ongoing, never-ending soap opera here in Washington (and I'll leave it there).  I can't believe that corporate media is still acting like OJ Simpson is "a thing."  On my local news station, several millennials were stopped by a reporter to ask their opinion about it, and they were all like, "OJ Simpson?  Who dat?"  

I don't know if he ruined daytime soaps because the suits at Disney and Proctor & Gamble did that all by themselves.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Videnbas said:

And we don't even know which of her parents is Shirley's child, and it has been implied, but never stated outright, that they are in prison.

We don't know, but I'm going to assume Shirley's child is Sally's mother.  I can't see Shirley's son naming his daughter after Sally Sr.  We don't even know if Sally & Coco's parents were even married.

Speaking of Coco, she shouldn't have been brought on as Sally's sister.  I guess they needed a young female for RJ but I don't think Coco should've been tied to the Spectras because she wasn't on long enough for us to see her interact with her family or care why she doesn't interact with her family.

19 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I don't know if he ruined daytime soaps because the suits at Disney and Proctor & Gamble did that all by themselves.

OJ Simpson "ruined" the soaps because all the network suits saw how they could get the same ratings putting a trial on TV that they could get with a soap opera for much less ... no costume/set designers, writers, craft services, makeup artists, extreme salaries for actors needed.  It was also the dawn of the era of the reality show --- Real World was a hit.  No script writers needed.  If I can sell my soap powder getting the same number of eyeballs watching the news that I can get by putting on a show...well, bye, bye show.

If Thomas were single & alone today, Caroline would not be mewling and meowing to get him back.  A lot of women only want a man because another woman has him.  If Thomas dumped Sally today and got back with Caroline, she would dump him in a few months.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

It looks like yesterday's episode (7/20/17) will actually air today. 

But I'm not sure I want to watch considering this happens:

sheila-kisses-eric-at-hotel-bb-cbs.jpg

SHIT!!!

Sheila better have a gun in her hands and Eric needs to vomit as soon as the 'kiss' ends.  I will NOT go there with this fucking show.

• Love 10

What pisses me off with soaps is they always forget history.  Eric is not a paragon of virtue as he's screwed around on his wives, but that's ok. His son and his wife have a few kisses and Eric acts like they were knocking boots 24/7.   Then we have the whole Sheila thing.  Is Eric so feeble that he doesn't remember the disgusting crap that she pulled?  He should never have allowed her into his flophouse.  I can see Sheila exchanging Eric's meds  for some mind altering crap in order to seduce him into divorcing Quinn and marrying her.  Eric must be in his late 70's, but he's acting like some sex starved fool. 

• Love 14