Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Bill is a breath of fresh air to the often mundane daily episodes. Bill and Poppy 🤞which would in all likelihood blow Li’s mind 🤯.  Over 20 years ago at the Golden Gate Music Fest 🤔. The timing seems right. Poppy is playing coy but I’m quite sure she would forget the “stallion”. 

Lurch is an ass hole to the nth degree. He tells Hope to take her time but he’s relentless in applying the pressure for Hope to make a decision. 

Did you catch Stuffy telling Finn that Emma was driving too fast and missed the turn. Two questions arise here. Why was Emma driving too fast if she wasn’t being harassed by Lurch?  Second, how fast was Emma going to crash through a guard rail or was that the only section of the road where there wasn’t a guard rail?  

• Like 10
28 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I can't believe the writers are going there that Bill probably has yet another kid. 🙄

Well with Wyatt gone, $Bill needs a new kid to talk to :)

I have a feeling this whole "Xander reveals the truth about Emma's death" is a way for the show to completely redeem Thomas and make him into a hero and a viable match for Hope.  It will turn out that Emma's death was a tragic accident so therefore Thomas can no longer be considered villainous.  Or at least that's what the writers hope will happen--viewers have long memories and they rarely forgive :):)

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Hope wearing that ring around her neck is, for Thomas at least, as good as saying they're engaged. I think if she did reject the ring outright, then we would have seen dark Thomas start to re-emerge.

• Like 11

AN is really doing a great job with this turn in the story.  You can see her walking a tightrope between placating Thomas and her own fears and concerns. You can see exactly how freaked out she is without her having to say a single word. That scene at the end, when he hugged her and she put her hand to her forehead was so well done by her. If this was a soap where characters had friends, we could see her actually talk this out with someone. But, she has no one she can talk to about this. 

She told him that they should keep this between the two of them, but how long do you think it will be before he "accidentally" lets it slip to Douglas, so he can put some pressure on her?  If he does, that should lead to Hope having flashbacks to the whole Beth storyline. 

I'll be genuinely surprised if Thomas losing his shit isn't where this is all headed. You've got Hope looking freaked out interspersed with Steffy talking about how Hope should just end things while Finn's freaked out about the possibility of Thomas being an actual murderer. And I don't think they would have bothered to revisit the Emma story if they were just going to whitewash Thomas's behavior (especially since they're using flashbacks of him threatening people). Yes, I cared that they just let that go. And I'm sure a handful of other viewers cared, but, by and large, it was not something the majority of the audience was complaining about, and there was nobody left on canvas who was connected to Emma (hence them having to bring back Xander, who was never a very important character). Thomas wasn't suffering anything for that whole thing, so I don't see the show thinking they needed to dig up a character who'd care and dragging that whole thing back into everyone's minds, just to say "never mind, it wasn't really anything."  And to bring it up right when Thomas is suddenly pressuring Hope to move things further along? We're definitely revisiting crazy Thomas. And I'm here for that, because I've never bought his being reformed, and I was always pissed he didn't suffer any consequences for Emma. But, I also fear that this is being done now to lead to Hope/Finn and Steffy/Liam. 

I laughed when Bill said "you know her nephew. He's married to Steffy," and Liam got all bitch-faced. That's right, asshat, nobody wants you. I could get into Bill/Poppy, but he doesn't need to be made Luna's father for them to be a couple. Just leave her father as the doctor she had the affair with. He doesn't have to be on the canvas. And Bill doesn't need another kid he didn't get to raise. If they want to give him a daughter, Kelly is right there. 

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

A music festival 20 years ago? A night to remember? Luna lamenting having no father figure in her life? 

Don't even have to try to connect the dots or put any kind of strain on your brain. But for fucks sake, you better be stepping lively to avoid the anvils. 

Yes, they are definitely setting something up with Thomas. And it isn't looking like anything good. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

She told him that they should keep this between the two of them, but how long do you think it will be before he "accidentally" lets it slip to Douglas, so he can put some pressure on her?  If he does, that should lead to Hope having flashbacks to the whole Beth storyline. 

Not only this, but he keeps yammering on about how perfect their "family" will be with Douglas. What about Beth? Does he expect Hope to dump her and let Liam have full custody and she never sees or raises the daughter he made her think was DEAD?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not only this, but he keeps yammering on about how perfect their "family" will be with Douglas. What about Beth? Does he expect Hope to dump her and let Liam have full custody and she never sees or raises the daughter he kidnapped and made her think was DEAD?

Not to defend him, but he wasn't actually the one who kidnapped her. That was the doctor (who then sold her to Taylor for Steffy). He just found out about it and then took the lead on keeping it quiet so that he could dangle Douglas in front of her as a child she could be a mother to. 

But, yeah, Beth would be the main reason I just cannot deal with the concept of Hope marrying him. I hate Liam these days, but he'd have every right in the world to go scorched earth over the mere idea of Beth living under the same roof as Thomas. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

Not to defend him, but he wasn't actually the one who kidnapped her. That was the doctor (who then sold her to Taylor for Steffy). He just found out about it and then took the lead on keeping it quiet so that he could dangle Douglas in front of her as a child she could be a mother to. 

But, yeah, Beth would be the main reason I just cannot deal with the concept of Hope marrying him. I hate Liam these days, but he'd have every right in the world to go scorched earth over the mere idea of Beth living under the same roof as Thomas. 

Oops! Sorry. I wasn't watching then. I edited my post for accuracy.  But the fact that Beth isn't even mentioned would cause me to raise my eyebrows. That said, I agree that Liam would have every right to go scorched Earth.

There's just something off with Poppy. I think she remembers Bill, but is acting coy about it. But I do hope that Luna isn't his.

• Like 9

Also to add Thomas was the last to find out about Beth. He wasn’t even on the show when she was kidnapped. Beth was about 9 months old when Thomas found out and 9 months old when she was returned to Hope. So at most he knew a few weeks, not saying he was right to threaten people to keep the secret but this isn’t all on him. 

Liam can have an issue with Beth being under the same roof as Thomas but how can he justify Wyatt being with Flo who orchestrated the whole thing. Make it make sense ??

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

So, Bill was enthralled and captivated by Poppy's dancing years ago, they banged (probably once), he's been in multiple relationships since then, and now he's all googly eyed and mesmerized and saying he never got over her? 

I ain't buyin' it. 😏

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 10
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Finn is now a hypocrite of the nth degree. Have an issue with Thomas ok but please save some of that energy for Sheila who you want a relationship with. You know the woman who shot you and your wife point blank. 

Thomas and Hope are still cute even with the delusions 😭.. 

Ahh what could’ve been 😢 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

Finn is now a hypocrite of the nth degree. Have an issue with Thomas ok but please save some of that energy for Sheila who you want a relationship with. You know the woman who shot you and your wife point blank. 

Yes, Finn is a hypocrite.  He should concentrate on keeping Sheila away from his family, instead of worrying about Hope.  Steffy needs to tell him that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Boy, Ridge and Taylor raised themselves a couple of real dinks, didn’t they?

So first we get scenes of Poppy and Bill on a date, then we have scenes of Luna & RJ talking about her lack of a father. I feel like the show is trying to hint at something… but what? This kind of sophisticated writing is just too subtle for me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, Finn is a hypocrite.  He should concentrate on keeping Sheila away from his family, instead of worrying about Hope.  Steffy needs to tell him that.

I have to tell you, I am LOVING how pissed off Steffy is that Finn is so concerned about Hope.  Steffy is so used to being the center of any and all male attention and she can't stand that she doesn't have Finn's entire focus--suck it Steffy :)  And I do believe that Finn is genuinely worried that Hope isn't safe with Thomas--he doesn't have a secret agenda, he just cares about Hope and wants the best for her.

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And I do believe that Finn is genuinely worried that Hope isn't safe with Thomas--he doesn't have a secret agenda, he just cares about Hope and wants the best for her.

I wouldn't mind his concern for Hope, but what's he doing to keep Sheila away from his family?  His family should come first.  Hope has got other people to look out for her, so she doesn't need Finn as her knight in shining armour.  

I'm not usually on Steffy's side, but I'm with her on this issue.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Is Bill not able to check the math on Luna's age and the music festival?

Finn is ridiculous he's obsessed about Thomas and for someone who wasn't there seems to be sticking himself more in the beth drama. He needs to stay in his own lane.  

Finn wasn't around but seems surprised everyone who was around knows things from back then?

Did Finn care Taylor tried to kill Bill? Where's hos mommy dearest that he was telling Steffy deserves a break? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So first we get scenes of Poppy and Bill on a date, then we have scenes of Luna & RJ talking about her lack of a father. I feel like the show is trying to hint at something… but what? This kind of sophisticated writing is just too subtle for me.

Truly a mystery that would stump Batman, Sherlock Holmes AND the Scooby gang! 🤡

Snark aside, dude WTF even *is* this? What possible purpose does Luna being Bill's kid serve. Liam was a novelty and Wyatt was stretching it but Luna? Why?!. He already has a third son we never hear about and if they needed to give him yet another unknown child, Kelly is right fucking there and we'd get the added bonus of Liam getting metaphorically kicked in the nuts, which everyone likes.

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I wouldn't mind his concern for Hope, but what's he doing to keep Sheila away from his family?  His family should come first.  Hope has got other people to look out for her, so she doesn't need Finn as her knight in shining armour.  

I'm not usually on Steffy's side, but I'm with her on this issue.  

I'm always here for Steffy being mad but honestly, at best, Finn looks like a hypocrite as Thomas is *at least* as dangerous as Sheila. 

6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Is Bill not able to check the math on Luna's age and the music festival?

Mind you, he has yet to do a paternity test on Wyatt and took looney ass Quinn's word that she didn't just switch a kid from the hospital (which was absolutely something up her ally)

Dude is a grade A moron.

20 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I'll be genuinely surprised if Thomas losing his shit isn't where this is all headed. 

Same, and frankly I dunno if there was ever going to be any other outcome *but* this: not because of the Logan bias certain corners complain about but because Bell's found something that invigorated the fandom once nearly five years ago and in true Bell form, doesn't want to let it go.

And honestly, for as little use as I've had for Thomas since Pierson Fodé left the role, his fans are absolutely right to be as tired of him being stuck in one gear and never having anyone that can either truly care for him or that he can finally move past Hope. After all, we all know she's gonna be shoved into Liam's orbit because Bell can't let him go either, so what else is there?

I absolutely hate it here :|

20 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

...so I don't see the show thinking they needed to dig up a character who'd care and dragging that whole thing back into everyone's minds, just to say "never mind, it wasn't really anything."  And to bring it up right when Thomas is suddenly pressuring Hope to move things further along? We're definitely revisiting crazy Thomas. And I'm here for that, because I've never bought his being reformed, and I was always pissed he didn't suffer any consequences for Emma. But, I also fear that this is being done now to lead to Hope/Finn and Steffy/Liam. 

All of this. I'm not here for another go around of Steam or for Steffy and Hope to fight over yet another guy, but i'm here for Thomas suffering a consequence. And since losing Hope is the only thing that he would feel any impact about, then so be it.

• Like 7
(edited)

Poppy of course you remember. How could you ever forget taking a ride on the stallion.  Once you go $Bill, it’s hard to settle for small change.  

Lurch is such a putz. You have Hope and could be with her any time you want. So marriage isn’t really a sign of Hope’s devotion anymore than what she has already has given to you.  Lurch can you just shut the fuck up. Did you know that Hope is the only woman for Lurch?  What a surprise. 

RJ is going to be singing another tune when he finds out Bill is Luna’s father.  Hint Hint, Luna’s father never knew I was pregnant.  Poppy is absolutely beautiful. It’s hard for me to believe Romy Park is 51 years old. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 7

Maybe it's because I started watching Soaps when the married coupes had twin beds...far apart, but the $Bill/Poppy date had me cringing with embarrassment.  Yeah, I've been around several blocks since then, but their flowery descriptions of their "conception" date was SO over the top as to be sickening. If it was all frickin' THAT, $Bill would have sent an underling to find and fetch her to his side. $Bill has never been so work obsessed that he couldn't find time for a sexy woman.                               Calling BS on that.

The longer Hope wears that "hope" diamond around her neck, the worse the fallout will be when she finally gives it back. We've seen a thwarted Thomas before !!               A new look for HFTF...designer turtlenecks, all the better to hide the Junior High "ring on a chain".

Justice for Nia Sioux !!

• Like 9

Steffy and her whole "he's my brother, you have to support him."  Um, not that I don't agree with wanting Sheila out of their lives, but if you get to not support his criminal birth mother, then he can be wary of your criminal brother. I do think that Steffy is struggling with this, and isn't as all in on Thomas's innocence as she claims. She just wants to push it back into the past and pretend it never happened. 

I've always liked Hope and Finn as a friendship/familial type relationship, I am not so sure I'm ready to see them as a romantic pairing, but I'll be shocked if that's not where this is headed. (Dammit, bring back Wyatt, show!) 

Thomas is slowly amping up the creepy now. All of the "change your mind? No, no, I'm not going to pressure you" stuff is icky. If you weren't going to pressure her, you wouldn't have bought a ring after a few months of hooking up, you wouldn't have insisted she wear the ring around her neck, and you wouldn't be "jokingly" asking her if she's changed her mind or insisting that you know the ring will be on her finger some day. That's all pressure, creeper. 

I'm just happy to have Bill in a storyline, but, again, I'd really rather he not be Luna's father. Let the father end up being some old rival of his, and he doesn't find out until he's fully in love with Poppy and adores Luna as a potential stepdaughter. Or it can just be some strange guy who maybe isn't good for Poppy and Luna, and he ends up defending them from the guy. Anything but him having his third surprise adult child. 

I've noticed that, ever since Eric's illness hit its peak, the show has been much tighter with spoilers. I used to be able to find a full week of spoilers the previous Wednesday afternoon. But, it's Thursday night, and I can't find a good full week of spoilers, only day to day spoilers and speculation framed as spoiler-ish. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Thomas is slowly amping up the creepy now. All of the "change your mind? No, no, I'm not going to pressure you" stuff is icky. If you weren't going to pressure her, you wouldn't have bought a ring after a few months of hooking up, you wouldn't have insisted she wear the ring around her neck, and you wouldn't be "jokingly" asking her if she's changed her mind or insisting that you know the ring will be on her finger some day. That's all pressure, creeper. 

Well his go to move is to drag poor Douglas into one of his horrible plans and when Douglas questions his lunatic father on his lunacy, then come the threats.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well his go to move is to drag poor Douglas into one of his horrible plans and when Douglas questions his lunatic father on his lunacy, then come the threats.

I think I said yesterday that it won't be long before he "accidentally" lets it slip to Douglas that he proposed to Hope, and she's wearing the ring "close to her heart." And then we'll be right back to where we were back in 2019(I think it was?). He'll be enlisting Douglas to put pressure on Hope for them to be a family. 

• Like 5
(edited)

So, Steffy can be all up in arms about Finn's crazy pants mom, but he can't be the same about her crazy pants brother? 

Steffy laid the law down though; Finn isn't to think about it or talk about it. The police, who of course never make mistakes, said it was an accident. Zander is out for revenge. 

This isn't going to end well. Steffy can't stand anyone questioning her family's ethics. They are Forrester's, and above reproach. She will somehow find out that Finn texted Hope to warn her and express his concern for her. The fighting is bound to escalate, and once Thomas derails, I can see Finn coming to Hope's rescue. Maybe even battling Liam for the honor. 

Bill seems to have dallied his dick all over the place with random women. Women he had sex with and forgot about and who all turned up pregnant. At this point he just needs to open up a home for the wayward kids of Bill Spencer. 

Will someone contact Wyatt and let him know he has a sister?

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

This show was foolish to break up the best pairing they had, which was Liam and Wyatt (IMO). Put them with Bill and you had comedy gold. Am I to imagine that Luna will call Waffles out on his wandering dick and delusional babble? I’ve been waiting for years to hit the storyline jackpot of Liam discovering his daughter was his sister, and this is the anticlimactic crap I get? Yawn.

• Like 9
(edited)

So while Thomas came across as delusional earlier this week, he seemed quite tame today. I also didn’t think he was threatening Finn or Steffy. 

Finn on the other hand 👀 *cue crazy music*

Is Xander coming back, he just came and bounced ??

I am very confused about bringing up the Emma death, only because it seems like everyone knew Thomas was following her and it was investigated by the police. Hope’s reaction to the news was kind like “and your point is “.. she also seemed quite annoyed that Finn was bringing this up and ran to tell Thomas, but came across Steffy instead.  Steffy also didn’t seem too pleased that Finn texted Hope to tell her about Thomas I think Finn is gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight lol. 

Also, what was with Finn telling Thomas as long as he’s alive that he will never be with Hope ?? WTF.. Dude.. this isn’t your fight! I wanted Thomas a deck him. According to Finn, Hope can’t  make their her own decision, it seems.  How misogynistic.  

I’m also happy to say I’m glad things didn’t drag out Steffy, Hope and Thomas found out about accusations right away.  Thomas and Finn had it out and now I’m sure we’re going to see if Finn and Steffy get into it. It also looked like Hope was running to tell Thomas so she wasn’t gonna hide it either.

If I didn’t know any better, I would say they’re trying to destroy Steffy/Finn and make way for Lame. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Finn seems like the crazy not Thomas.  Finn is obsessed with Thomas being dangerous but had no issues with Sheila lurking or Taylor shooting Bill. 

Thomas was far more tolerant of Finn today than he actually should have. He accused him of threatening him was ridiculous. He's obsessed with trusting Xander about killing Emma. 

Who does Finn think he is?  As long as he lives and breathes he'll never be with Hope?

He doesn't even care bringing up all this hurt the rest went through already.  Good for Hope telling Steffy about Finn. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Did they just lift Thomas's scenes with Finn from old Sheila/Steffy scripts?  The whole "we're family whether you like it or not," and "if you don't start trouble, there won't be any trouble" shit?  Straight out of Sheila's lines to Steffy. 

The writing seems on the wall for where the romantic pairings are headed. Finn's being so worried about Hope and going against Thomas is going to end up splitting him and Steffy, which will free her up for her waffle. And then we'll get Finn/Hope. I'd still prefer Wyatt and that it was him worrying about Hope so much in this story now, but, honestly, I'll take whatever gets Hope away from both Liam and Thomas. 

At some point, this show needs to actually fix Thomas and, for the love of God, bring in a love interest who isn't Hope. He'll never be "all better" as long as he's obsessing over Hope. Let him get bowled over by some new woman in town and try to have a healthy relationship where they're equally into each other. 

Oh, and I'm kind of disgusted by how little remorse Thomas seems to have for Emma's death. Yes, she ran off the road because she was driving too fast. But, why was she driving too fast?  And who was it that witnessed her accident and didn't call for help for her, because her being out of the way worked for his agenda?  Even if they want to say he didn't directly drive her off the road, he was still chasing her at a high speed, in an aggressive and threatening manner. There was little difference between what happened then and what happened when Li went off the bridge trying to get away from Sheila. (Hey, maybe they should just go ahead and pair Thomas and Sheila up, they have a lot in common.)  And he failed to report the crash. Him not giving a shit about that doesn't speak well of how much better he's supposed to be and how he supposedly feels bad for his past actions. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Finn...poke the bear much ?? To Thomas,  "You are unstable" - "You have issues" - "You are a bad person" - "You will never be with Hope, EVER ". WTF ?? If you truly think these things are true, you would not just be yipping them to his face like a little yappy dog. You would be putting into place effective barriers like restraining orders, getting friends and family on watch, consulting with the ever vigilant Captain Baker to begin another investigation....I dunno, getting Julian to lock him in a cell again [has that ship sailed ??]. 

BTW, how can one show that Thomas ran Emma off the road without an ounce of PROOF ?? Newly discovered door cams at the crash site ?? 

With each block, by each person, to keep Thomas from Hope, he gets closer to unraveling. Maybe he will just go bonkers and screamingly admit to running Emma off the road. 

3 weeks of "Therapy-By-The-World-Renowned-Doctor-Taylor-Hughes" and he will be cured, I say, CURED !! 

Have y'all planned what you will wear to the wedding ?? Moi ?? A tea length frock in a frothy camouflage, all the better to spirit Douglas away to a SORAS location where he will stay until his return next year as the head of his own Major IT/Gaming/Cosmetics/Restaurant /Medical Device Conglomerate and take over Genoa City.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

@GHScorpiosRule....@KerleyQ....as I mentioned upthread, Thomas & Sheila, prison cage match.

I'm not nice ??

Complete with Mike and Taylor on the outside, trying to slip Sheila and Thomas weapons? 

• LOL 8

Oh, Finny Finnegan, why did you have to go and say, "as long as I live and breathe "? I hope that wasn't an anvil. I don't want Finn written out. Or Finn and Steffy split up.

Man, after weeks of everyone being up in Eric's grill unable to leave him alone for a second they barely mention him now. I'd like to see how his recovery is coming along. I'm also curious as to why they think he will be a completely changed person. Dr. Finn's amazing mystery surgery wasn't a personality-ectomy was it?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Finn, I want to be on your side, man, but then you go and say melodramatic shit like “you’ll never be with Hope as long as I have breath in my body” to Thomas. Just tape a Kill Me sign to your back instead. You fool. If Hope wants to do stupid, gross things with another consenting adult, that’s her business. Are you her personal bodyguard or something? Getting involved in the relationship of a woman not your wife isn’t the best look.

Steffy can eat a big bag of shit. Nothing is ever Thomas’ fault, Hope needs to be 1000% loyal to him, Thomas has worked sooooo haaaard (off screen), Finn has a different opinion than her, blah blah blah. Keep enabling that natural born asshole, Steffy. It’s clearly helping your brother. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 1

What a load of 🐂💩. Lurch is able to listen in on Finn’s and Hope’s conversation, in his office, with the door closed. HIPPA laws be damned if the doctors office cannot be sound proof enough to hear conversations within. 

The question Ridge, is not what Lurch has done lately to Hope, the question is what he can do to her in the future.  Lurch, no matter how hard he tries to contain himself, there are triggers that can still set him off.  Case in point, as much as Lurch tried to sound calm in talking to Finn, he was threatening Finn not to come between him and Hope.  

Stuffy, make up your mind. Do you want Hope to stay away from Lurch because he might backslide but know she wants Hope to love and support Lurch if X accusations against Lurch come out once again.  

• Like 8

Thomas hasn't done any work on screen or off screen. He just knows that he has to cool his jets, lay low and play the game to get the pass his family always gives him. Hope either had to work with him or lose HFTF. You know, the fashion line that is either the most successful line FC has or is tanking, depending on the barometric pressure on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, or depending on which way the wind is blowing the rest of the week. Teams of weather professionals on all of the major and local networks are never sure. It's pretty tricky to keep track of, but I guess that's what the interns are there to do. Why Hope went there with Thomas is a mystery for the ages, but it's safe to say that Liam drove her to it. Putting up with Liam for as long as she did broke her. So when you consider that Thomas has been gettin' it on the regular, of course he seems sane and less aggressive - he's less stressed, he's distracted, and quite frankly, spent. And here comes Fibberty Finnegan threatening to take that away from him. Sigh. I predict Thom-ass will do something wicked and wild to the good doctor and... just in the nick of time - Mommy-nine-toes will come to the rescue and save her son. And ultimately nothing will change. Of course, that's a best case scenario. Worst case scenario - in a word - Liam.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I don't really know who I am supposed to be mad at. Thomas shouldn't have been listening at PCD, but then again status quos. At the same time, I can't find fault with Thomas defending his relationship and telling Finn to stay out of it. OTOH, Finn may be right about Thomas, but he is way, way, way outta his lane on Hope. He should not be picking up the mantel of protection; Hope has a father, and a mother, and a brother, and a sometimes stepdad. Finn has a wife who he has only just reconciled with, of course that doesn't mean he can't have his own opinions about Thomas, but it does mean that he should not be donning his Superman cape to rescue other woman from Thomas's clutches. 

Show really needs to stop it. I am old, and not nearly as nimble of foot as I used to be, and it is getting hella hard to avoid the fucking anvils. 

There is a reason that Xander randomly picked Steffy's husband as a doctor. There is further reason why Finn is suddenly so overly protective of Hope. I don't think I am happy about it. We have been going along fine with no triangles, but it seems our writers are suffering severe withdrawals, and have to start that up again. I don't have to spell it out. My fellow posters are smart enough to read between the anvils, and many have already posted the very same thing. 

I don't see any romantic sparks between Hope and Finn. As much as I had to say it, she has those in spades with Thomas though. And dear God, Steffy and Liam again? There is just not enough UGH in the world for that concept. 

Idiots should never have let Wyatt go! He would be the perfect spoil for the whole mess. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 4
  • Applause 9
10 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Idiots should never have let Wyatt go! He would be the perfect spoil for the whole mess. 

It's going to be a while before I stop being mad about this. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

And there is the crux of it all..those romantic sparks are very present with Hope/Thomas (AN/MA) and Steffy/Liam (JMW/SC). The writers wrote Thomas into a corner with the shenanigans of 2019 and essentially took out a viable romantic option for Hope. Which is odd because I read they chemistry tested MA/AN, if that’s true then the pairing was bound to happen sometime. They also killed Steam in 2018/2019 (Steffy on her knees anyone, what a bothersome scene) and so who really wants that pairing back, a lot of Steam fans are burnt I think. I wasn’t a big Steam fan but I can’t get past that scene when Liam told her he hated her. The woman in me rebels at the thought of Steam again. Again the writers went too far. As someone said they need to fix Thomas and move him forward. 

RJ/Luna and current Bridge have no spark at all, not even a twinkle just lifeless and Finn and Hope have sibling chemistry. Do they still do chem testing or just push two people together.  RJ/Luna is supposed to be the next best thing but they have NO super couple potential. I  don’t really see any hot chemistry with Finn and Steffy either, I just liked the pairing because he wasn’t Liam. Finn isn’t going to get killed, they already did that once but there may be an attempt on his life. 

As for Thomas putting in the work - there’s a bonus scene from a few months ago where Thomas was talking about going to see his therapist or seeing his therapist and staying on track.  I really wish they had left that scene in. The most recent bonus scene has Hope/Ridge, Ridge straight up said Thomas kept Beth from you and Hope essentially said she’s gotten past that. Her words were very similar to what a Thomas told Steffy about not living in the past. That scene also showed Hope saying that her and Thomas haven’t really defined what they are when Ridge asked if they’re in a relationship. I find that odd because she uses the word relationship in other conversations and doesn’t correct Thomas when he uses it. I read these bonus scenes air overseas but not here in USA. 

On a funny note - did anyone find it odd then when Hope came looking for Thomas she looked at the door up and down and then turned before Steffy called out. Don’t know if anyone noticed. I thought it was funny - like she thought Thomas was in the door. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

And there is the crux of it all..those romantic sparks are very present with Hope/Thomas (AN/MA) and Steffy/Liam (JMW/SC). The writers wrote Thomas into a corner with the shenanigans of 2019 and essentially took out a viable romantic option for Hope. Which is odd because I read they chemistry tested MA/AN, if that’s true then the pairing was bound to happen sometime. They also killed Steam in 2018/2019 (Steffy on her knees anyone, what a bothersome scene) and so who really wants that pairing back, a lot of Steam fans are burnt I think. I wasn’t a big Steam fan but I can’t get past that scene when Liam told her he hated her. The woman in me rebels at the thought of Steam again. Again the writers went too far. As someone said they need to fix Thomas and move him forward. 

RJ/Luna and current Bridge have no spark at all, not even a twinkle just lifeless and Finn and Hope have sibling chemistry. Do they still do chem testing or just push two people together.  RJ/Luna is supposed to be the next best thing but they have NO super couple potential. I  don’t really see any hot chemistry with Finn and Steffy either, I just liked the pairing because he wasn’t Liam. Finn isn’t going to get killed, they already did that once but there may be an attempt on his life. 

As for Thomas putting in the work - there’s a bonus scene from a few months ago where Thomas was talking about going to see his therapist or seeing his therapist and staying on track.  I really wish they had left that scene in. The most recent bonus scene has Hope/Ridge, Ridge straight up said Thomas kept Beth from you and Hope essentially said she’s gotten past that. Her words were very similar to what a Thomas told Steffy about not living in the past. That scene also showed Hope saying that her and Thomas haven’t really defined what they are when Ridge asked if they’re in a relationship. I find that odd because she uses the word relationship in other conversations and doesn’t correct Thomas when he uses it. I read these bonus scenes air overseas but not here in USA. 

Are RJ/Luna supposed to be the next best thing? It sure doesn't seem like it. I mean, they even had their first-time sex offscreen. That was an odd choice, maybe even a soap first, especially when one character's the only Bridge child, half-Forrester/Marone and half-Logan, while the other seems set to belong to the third original family, the Spencers. 

I don't get why they cut some of these scenes which actually help flesh out character arcs but keep in all the recycled scenes where supporting characters simply update each other/gossip about the leads' A story without actually moving it forward.

All the soaps have the problem where they take a character too far and then either try a half-assed redemption or pretend their crimes never happened, with the handful of characters who very occasionally still dredge it up treated as an annoyance by the "heroes". How much easier to not take the character that far down a dark path, or at least preemptively lay the clues to a tumour, doppelganger/clone, brainwashing or whatnot?

Are they really giving Bill, a retcon character, four living children while Thorne doesn't even have one left???

Edited by Aymery
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Bell said RJ is the next Ridge and the  “what’s coming in 2024” says

Spoiler

They’re shifting the story to the next generation and Luna has found love with RJ and they will be a sweet love story but Zende yada yada 

I put the above in spoilers, not sure if it counts as such but wanted to be safe. 

Hence my assumption about Runa, even though she has better chemistry with Zende. 

I know chemistry is subjective, but you can’t just stick people together. I remember reading something about Michael Park (Jack) on ATWT, he mentioned that when he first started, they kept putting him in scenes with different women on the show, but nothing caught. He said something along the lines that there was a joke they were going to make his character gay then he had a scene with Maura  West, (Carly) and a super couple was born. The controversial Luke and Laura.  Luke’s character was supposed to die after raping Laura. But they changed the story, given the chemistry between the actors and how popular they were.  Not saying what the show did was right, but the change resulted in the most popular supercouple of all time.  I guess my point is the show has to be willing to change things based on which characters work well together romantically. It’s a soap opera, we want romance, angst and well told stories. The current version of Bridge and Lope just don’t compare to their predecessors with romantic chemistry. 

Just my opinion not fact 😏

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Aymery said:

Are they really giving Bill, a retcon character, four living children while Thorne doesn't even have one left???

I just think it’s damn insulting to the character of Bill that they are writing him as soooo irresponsible as to have a THIRD unknown child! Does Bill seem like a guy who’d take chances on unprotected sex?  Bad show, bad!  😠

• Like 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Aymery said:

^^^This. Thorne has been done so incredibly dirty and for what? But that aside, I don't really mind Bill having a 4th kid so much that the 4th kid is Luna. I have no idea why Bradley is so afraid/unwilling to make Bill Kelly's father. He (or whoever was writing at the time) had no problem destroying Bridge by making Bridget Eric's kid, and Steamless is far more deserving of that particular torpedo than 90s era Bridge ever was. Also how could Bill have all that unprotected sex in the span of 2-3 decades(at the height of the aids epidemic at that!) and not catch an STD? Like geez this show....

I think what some people miss is that Thomas' crazy far predates Emma/Hope/Beth. Redeeming him was always an iffy, ambitious endeavor. But they still did it before MA was in the role. Bradley seems to enjoy yanking the chain of Thomas fans without letting those of us that dislike him have have any peace either. If Persion Fode was still Thomas, I might have less of an issue with the propping(though it'd still be annoying but that's Bradley for you). Mostly because that's what PF was used for already, and it actually worked! For far more people than MA seems to work for.

Unpopular opinion perhaps...MA is good but he hardly lives up to the hype for me. He plays creepy, douchebag far too well to be a permanently convincing heartthrob. 

I honestly think(wishful thinking) Finn's dialouge was meant for Wyatt because that whole "you'll never be with Hope as long as I live" line was too weird, & too forced he doesn't even know Hope like that does he? Or at least not well enough to get THAT invested out of the blue. But with that said, there is absolutely no issue with him considering Thomas a danger in general. It's the same way Steffy rightfully regarded Sheila.

But I have no doubt Miss infantilization/double standard will staunchly defend her position and her pycho brother. Even as she remains pensive over his relationship with Hope, because how he'll choose to act out when Hope decides she's done thinking with her crotch.

Good job writers.....good job....

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Bell said RJ is the next Ridge and the  “what’s coming in 2024” says

Reveal spoiler

They’re shifting the story to the next generation and Luna has found love with RJ and they will be a sweet love story but Zende yada yada 

Oh god, no! I like the Luna character and the actor that plays her is watchable. But, I can't watch the actor who plays RJ. I actually FF through most of his scenes.

• Like 3