Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Poor Steffy - Liam has become a serious pain in her butt..I say that even though he’s right to be concerned about Kelly. 

She should call Hope and say “hey come get your husband he’s all up in my ass, I know you’re gonna get back together eventually, can you make that sooner rather than later! PLEASE!!”

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8

So, Finn is no longer an emergency room doctor? In my neck of the woods they don't get private offices. 

As asked above; how did Sheila know where Finn was going to be? Has she bugged his office? 

I want everything to blow up in Liam's face. I don't care that he is right to be concerned for Steffy and Kelly. I am pissed off that he is not concerned for Brooke, Hope and Beth, all of whom could be targets too. 

I am also pissed off that they are ruining Deacon for Sheila, and I don't buy that he is so deeply in love with her. Deacon has loved one woman for decades, and she is not a brunette. And Sheila has done horrible things to that woman, most recently giving her alcohol. As much as I dislike her, I would rather have seen them explore a relationship with Taylor. 

Flo was "redeemed" by donating a kidney, now Sheila will be redeemed by saving Kelly. Of course, no one will ask why she had set up camp ten feet from where Finn and Kelly were. I don't see Steffy being all that overcome with gratitude with Sheila saving her daughter, as much as I see her being furious with Finn for allowing Kelly to wander into that situation. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

How did Sheila know Finn was going to be at the beach and get there so fast ti set up a tent? 

She probably managed to install a Lojack on him when they hugged. 

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

I am also pissed off that they are ruining Deacon for Sheila

All I could think through all of their scenes since she was released was "so, what's your plan here, Deacon?  You going to just be in a relationship with someone who you can never, ever acknowledge you're in a relationship with, or else you lose literally everyone who matters to you? How well did keeping it a secret work out for you last time? Hope almost caught Sheila in your apartment at least once. Ridge and Bill figured you out. There is no way this staying a secret is sustainable." 

Far be it from me to defend Steffy when it comes to Liam/Hope, but I didn't really like when Hope said something to the effect of "did she tell you the role Steffy played in all of this?" while talking to Ridge and Brooke. Steffy has more than enough real blame over the years for some shit, but, before Hope kissed Thomas, all had been calm on the Steam front for a couple years, ever since Hopequin night. Is it possible that the reason she started fantasizing about Thomas was because, subliminally, his whole "I'm the man who is devoted to only you" shit started to dig in a little and felt good compared to being one leg of a triangle her entire life?  Sure. But, Steffy had no actual role in everything that's gone down here and now. That was the one time in all of this that I totally agreed with Liam that Hope was deflecting too hard onto the whole Steam thing. I wonder if it's that Hope has such a problem understanding how she, with all of her moral stances on relationships, kissed a man other than her husband, so she's got to keep telling herself this is all because of the waffling. I mean, I'm still 99.9% on her side in all of this, but that was wrong of her. 

And, did I catch something in her scenes with Ridge, when she said that she understands he's worried about Thomas because he's his son, and he corrected her that he worries about "all" of his kids, was he trying to make it clear to Hope that he included her in that? The show seems to largely forget that he was one of the father figures in her life most of the time, so it took me a second to wonder if he was including her in that, too, letting her know that he's worried about her in all of this, as well. I honestly think that the last time I remember Ridge overtly acknowledging Hope as one of his kids was when he made her wedding dress back when KM was playing her. He was still more Steffy's father than hers at that point, but I do at least remember him making a point of claiming Hope, as well, during those scenes. (Of course, it was probably mostly to set up Deacon as the shitty father who was about to help thwart her wedding while "good" daddy Ridge was the supportive one who made her dress for her). 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

She probably managed to install a Lojack on him when they hugged

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m having issues with my cable ( the STUPIDASS new dvr that CRAPCAST said was needed or I wouldn’t be able to watch on demand) as the recordings keep cutting off mid episode to play the next! It stopped on Wednesday with Wyatt saying ”Let me get this straight—“🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

So I’ll have to catch up on Hulu.

I thought it was just happening on feTV with my Perry Mason.🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Like 3

So many holes. Yeah. How did Sheila manage to trail Finn and Kelly to the beach? Aren't the beaches in Malibu private? Oh, never mind. We're talking Sheila here.

In fairness to Finn, he did instruct Kelly to not go to the ocean's edge without him. And she appears to be old enough now to understand and follow instructions, especially after he warned her about the dangers of the water. 

Liam is behaving like a rabid chihuahua. I am glad that Steffy is standing up for her husband. What exactly is Liam going to do to protect everybody? Annoy Sheila to death? `

Now, we need an idiotic medically implausible scenario where Kelly is going to need some type of body fluid or organ to save her life. This could pave the way for Bill to be revealed as Kelly's bio dad. Or ... for some bizarre reason, Sheila steps up and is a match for whatever Kelly needs. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Liam is behaving like a rabid chihuahua. I am glad that Steffy is standing up for her husband. What exactly is Liam going to do to protect everybody? Annoy Sheila to death?

I found this so damn funny!

Yeah, what is he gonna do? 

Nip at her ankles? 

Yap her to death?

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Liam is behaving like a rabid chihuahua.

Hey now, let's not insult rabies or Chihuahuas like that! 😂

22 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

What exactly is Liam going to do to protect everybody? Annoy Sheila to death? `

This is a guy who has gotten bonked over the head far too many times to count and that even Quinn got the jump on him with that baby sword necklace.

Steffy OTOH has inhereted her namesake's proclivity for shooting.

He can just sit this one out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Oh.My.God. Liam isn’t subtle at all, is he? The way his eyes keep darting back and forth. He really is a weasel. I hate that one of my favorite actors is playing such a PIECE OF 💩.

And I hate having to fast forward the scenes with Sean Kanan because I ADORE him. But I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE Sheila from her Y&R days.

Show was preemted for the first half on Wednesday due to news special report. Can someone fill me in on what happened? It resumed in the middle of Hope telling Brooke and Deacon about the divorce papers.

And as someone who has recently started watching after many years, can someone fill me in on why Brooke is so seemingly OBSESSED that Hope and Liam stay together? Questions her daughter’s feelings and what she’s gone through?  Or should I post these questions somewhere else? I don’t want to derail/go off topic.

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And as someone who has recently started watching after many years, can someone fill me in on why Brooke is so seemingly OBSESSED that Hope and Liam stay together? Questions her daughter’s feelings and what she’s gone through?  Or should I post these questions somewhere else? I don’t want to derail/go off topic.

I feel like there are multiple different issues all contributing. One, Hope is Brooke's golden child, and she's always wanted Liam, so Brooke wants Liam for her. Two, she and Taylor both saw the fight over Liam as an extension of their own fight, and each advocated super hard for their daughter to "win," because it would mark a victory over the other woman in their own decades long war. Third, I think there may also be some level of validation there in Hope choosing to be in the same situation she's in. Now, this fourth one, I wasn't around for, but I've seen enough about it - Hope got together with Liam after she ending things with Oliver. And things with Oliver ended because he and Brooke "accidentally" hooked up at a masquerade party. She may feel like if Liam is Hope's own "destiny," then it gives her some absolution on being the reason Hope and Oliver ended. Lastly, I think she just likes and gets along with Liam. Since the only other man circling around her for years has been Thomas, who Brooke has all kinds of reasons to not trust, Liam is the "safe" option.  

Now, if anyone was to ask Brooke, it would likely be that her only answer is that she likes Liam and she knows Hope has been in love with him for years. The rest of that is probably fairly subconscious. But, I do wonder how that third issue can come into play now that Hope has explicitly stated that she doesn't want to live like her mother has. Does it make Brooke start to re-evaluate whether it's truly how she wants to live out the rest of her years?  Or does she just dig in and cling to her "destiny" even harder? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Why does this show have so many flashbacks? Our memories aren’t that bad.  
Steffy and her scared faces are a bit over the top.

Thank god Shelia was at the beach. Why would Finn turn around to take that call? Why wouldn’t Steffy meet them at the beach instead of sitting around talking to Liam? 

On 7/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, CharlizeCat said:

On 7/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Liam is behaving like a rabid chihuahua. I am glad that Steffy is standing up for her husband. What exactly is Liam going to do to protect everybody? Annoy Sheila to death? `

Hahaha! Good one. If anyone could accomplish that it would be Liam.

• Like 9

This whole ‘Finn takes step-daughter Kelly for a fun day at the beach on a workday for this busy doctor” is such nonsense. And having old Sheila there is an added bonus. Sorry, sorry writing.

• Like 11

Hey all, catching up after months of missing the shows. 
JMW - whoa, such a naturally beautiful woman with such a poorly jacked up face. And that wig. Dear God. 

wow, on the other hand, the Sheila actress looks fantastic! Maybe it’s the natural daylight, but her face looks gorgeous and refreshed. 

I did appreciate the public service announcement at the end of the show about water safety.

Don’t they have lifeguards at the pristine beaches of Malibu?

• Like 9

This is plot contrivance at its not-so-finest.

I can buy a parent looking away for a few seconds, but Finn, a parent and a doctor, turning his back for several minutes is bullshit.

And of course, all Steffy is going to focus on is that Sheila was there and Finn had contact with her, even though he had no idea she was even there until she pulled Kelly from the water. I guess she'd prefer her daughter drowned.

Liam is going to be even more insufferable than ever. 

Speaking of Liam, nice that he doesn't seem to give a crap about Thomas' proximity to Beth. It's all about Kelly and Hayes, who isn't even his kid. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, seasons said:

wow, on the other hand, the Sheila actress looks fantastic! Maybe it’s the natural daylight, but her face looks gorgeous and refreshed. 

Hah hah, opinions definitely vary.  One of the main reasons I stopped watching is I hate having her--once again--being the main story, with that twisted, demented face of hers.  I just read posts here, and I'll be so glad when she's dead dead.  

And finally dead.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Liam is going to be even more insufferable than ever. 

Considering that he actually killed a man because he couldn't keep his eyes on the road, he should probably keep it cute.

• Like 4

Why was the dress Skyler was modeling look more like a dress that would be more to the style of HFTF. I’m not crazy about the color or the material but the design was way above and beyond any of Lurch’s designs.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, seasons said:

Don’t they have lifeguards at the pristine beaches of Malibu?

If they're anything like the beaches in San Diego, probably not. But I will say to anyone not familiar with water that if you ever see what looks like a flat,calm section of water in between waves to avoid at all cost because it's a rip tide and they take out a LOT of people.

7 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Speaking of Liam, nice that he doesn't seem to give a crap about Thomas' proximity to Beth. It's all about Kelly and Hayes, who isn't even his kid. 

I fully expectwd a custody battle not unlike the one Nick Newman gave Sharon after she continued carrying on with Adam but damn. Just...crickets. 

Guess they really are gonna sink Sinn for this crap ass Steam part 42069, huh?

51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Oh no not another Brooke and Ridge wedding. 

Well that's fast, even for them lol

• Like 9

I'd have a little more respect for Bridge Part 2,047 if the two of them were like "we don't need to get married. We can commit to each other without that, and we've clearly shown that a marriage can be ended practically in minutes." And, besides, when was the last Forrester wedding that wasn't chock full of shocks or interruptions? Best not to court that juju. 

I still hate that we're still dealing with Sheila on our screens, but, at the same time, I will laugh forever if Steffy and Liam have to put up with Kelly practically worshipping her because she saved her life. 

They really are going to drive that bus over Finn multiple times to sell the pairing literally nobody wants, aren't they?  If I was a Steffy fan, I would be furious. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

They really are going to drive that bus over Finn multiple times to sell the pairing literally nobody wants, aren't they?  If I was a Steffy fan, I would be furious. 

From what I can tell from Twitter, they are. There's a bit of a Marvel Civil War thing between the Sinn fans and the few Steam fans who are brave enough to announce that they in fact do stiil exist somehow, like a rare species of tree frog or parrot that people thought went extinct by the early 1900s and understandably didn't buy into the Ken doll accessory that is John Finnegan being Steffy's soul mate. Although why they'd want the guy who treats her as a second choice to have her is beyond me.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Although why they'd want the guy who treats her as a second choice to have her is beyond me.

I truly don't get it. The only times Liam hasn't essentially treated Steffy like a fun sidepiece were the times when Hope wasn't an option for him. I've really never bought any kind of "soul mate" from either side of Steam. Steffy latched onto him when she couldn't have Bill and then stuck around because of the competition with Hope, and Liam just used her when he was frustrated with Hope or Hope wasn't around. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

Agreed that Steffy is the default choice for Liam. The only times he was devoted to her was when Hope wasn't in the picture. He's only after Steffy again because Hope called his bluff and divorced his self-righteous, hypocritical ass before he could blink one million times as per usual.

And he knows Steffy will almost always take him back. She has, after a fashion, every single time he's looking to heal his man-pain over Hope, including Mannequin night. She's already participated in two kisses and has kept both from Finn and isn't doing anything else towards keeping appropriate boundaries with her ex. Liam will always be her kryptonite. 

Though as much as I detest Steffy, I much prefer her happily married to Finn. Liam can go kick rocks and sit at his table for one. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, CountryGirl said:

She's already participated in two kisses and has kept both from Finn and isn't doing anything else towards keeping appropriate boundaries with her ex.

I like how they've both, in recent months, uttered the completely bullshit line about how "I'm not trying to interfere in your marriage," to each other, and they each reassured each other "oh, no, I know you're not." When they both know it's complete bullshit. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

It must be a full moon because Stuffy is turning into a werewolf.  Are the monkeys with a keyboard trying to distract us from looking at Stuffy’s pregnancy by using a very bad wig as a distraction?  

When Finn told Stuffy that Shiela saved Kelly, Stuffy looked like Finn cut her heart out with a butter knife.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I guess Steffy would rather Kelly have died than be saved by Sheila. She also needs to stop being so sanctimonious about Finn looking away for a few moments. He’s human, bitch, and you were the one who just had to prove your bad-assery by hopping on a motorcycle that caused the death of your unborn daughter. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
On 7/31/2023 at 7:16 PM, Zemiar said:

Considering that he actually killed a man because he couldn't keep his eyes on the road, he should probably keep it cute.

This made be snort laugh so hard!! Its one thing Liam can definitely NOT do.

Liam can go kick rocks and sit at his table for one

And that's the other one. 

So Liam is again pontificating about his big feelings and browbeating a woman in his life. But...what's your plan then, Super Weasel? You gonna whiskbSteffyvand the kids away to Bill's house? That Sheila KNOWS because she lived there? You gonna move into Cliff House? 

Steff, just agree to take the kids and move to Pop Pops and shut Liam's blathering noise box. 

While I was loving the Malibu Barbies fun time at the beach location shoot, I could THROTTLE Finn for turning his back and putting in ear buds so he couldn't hear outside his call (didn't he only put one side in? Is he deaf in one ear?) ANYTHING could've happened during that minutes long call!!! Where's all this beefed up security? No security guard lurking in the distance to run to the rescue? 

Sheila is the best security guard against herself. She is everywhere, always watching. Always steps away from her prey. 

• Like 10

Finn calling her mom seems way to instant.  Also she saved her because she was stalking them.  Finn does not get that part, Sheila is still a psychopath. 

Liam needs to understand that Steffy isn't his to protect. If he wants to take care of his daughter that's different, sue for custody.   Steffy should be telling him again his boundaries. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

I saw on a FB post, someone mentioned that for weeks  Liam was 100% about Thomas, & the Thope kiss. Now, these last few weeks, he’s 100% about Sheila, & the Finn/Sheila connection. I hadn’t really thought about his obsession with other people he considers the Big Bads (& both are, in different ways, not denying that), & how to keep the ones he loves in that moment, safe from said-Big Bads. Little waffling weasel that he is, he’d be so bored with a normal life. Maybe that’s why he always circles back to Steffy; love her or hate her, girlfriend always has drama around her, & if not, she creates it.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

I saw on a FB post, someone mentioned that for weeks  Liam was 100% about Thomas, & the Thope kiss. Now, these last few weeks, he’s 100% about Sheila, & the Finn/Sheila connection.

I was just thinking, while I was watching yesterday, that Scott Clifton must be so bored. First, he spent months just wandering around town whining about Thomas and Hope. Now he's just wandering back and forth between Wyatt and Steffy, whining about Sheila and Finn. Yesterday, he had almost identical lines to Monday, right down to "I remember when Kelly was born..." 

Steffy really did seem like she was pissed that Sheila saved Kelly's life. On one hand, I can totally get her being pissed at Finn for the accident happening in the first place, because, yeah, in that adrenaline fueled initial reaction to my kid almost dying, I wouldn't be thinking "everyone turns their back for a moment at some point."  But, on the other hand, I think she's focusing on that because she can't express anger that someone saved her child's life, so she is mad at Finn for the whole situation occurring. To Finn's credit, though, he did actually handle Sheila right there. He thanked her for saving Kelly, because, yes, she did save her, but he still reinforced to her that she has to keep her distance from his family. The main thing he did wrong in that interaction was calling her "mom." Because giving her that will just make her completely disregard the "keep your distance" message.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I was amazed that Sheila emerged from the water with no runny mascara and her linen clothing dried out perfectly with nary a wrinkle! 

I meant to mention a few days ago, that I loved that pale yellow dress Brooke has been wearing. I thought the styling looked familiar and it's by Self-Portrait, a brand frequently worn by HRH Catherine, Princess of Wales! 

I don't have anything else of substance to add that hasn't been already stated about whiny Liam, robotic Finn, dummy Deacon, etc. I still stand firm that Kelly looks and acts old enough and mature enough to have obeyed Finn's warning to not venture into the ocean without him. 

• Like 10

Catching up on the show and man oh man. Finn? You still haven't learned.

First, I know Liam's being an obnoxious, hypocritical punk but he ain't totally wrong in the basics of what he is saying. Sheila is dangerous, Finn is leaving her an opening, and that's dangerous for everyone if she thinks she has Finn baited on her hook.

Secondly, Finn isn't being thrown under the bus IMO for Liam or a potential Steam reunion. Finn made a critical and bad mistake taking his eyes off Kelly but given who he is (a doctor) and his inexperience in wrangling kids he made a bad decision at a critical moment. It happens and he's learned from it. Where his perfect image is somewhat authentically cracking big time for me is that he's letting Sheila in after the woman shot him, Steffy, and nearly killed Li.  That all should have Finn drawing a hard line for her but he, like James Warwick before him, needs to learn the hard way that if you give Sheila another chance, she'll hurt you, if you give her an inch, she'll take a mile; she can save you one day and throw you under the bus the next to suit her needs.  He's only had one round of psycho with this woman - which should be enough - but he's going to need another round of understanding her ebbs and flows to realize for himself that she's never going to change. Will he still have his wife, access to his child, and his sanity by that point? We'll see.

Between Kelly's prophetic dream, Sheila walking free, Liam wanting Steffy back and supplying ammunition to her that Finn isn't cutting Sheila lose, it feels like Liam really could be going down with Sheila taking care of Finn's 'problem' while also getting her revenge on Bill.  Sheila overheard Hope talking about Liam's neverending attraction to Steffy and knows Lope is broken up, Finn is going to be LIVID when he finds out Liam showed that video to Steffy and will warn him to stay away from his wife probably with a punch thrown in for good measure. Then he'll complain to Sheila about Liam, Sheila will go into 'Defend my family' mode and will concoct a way to get rid of Liam which will either have him dead or in a coma/injured. Finn will then feel like he's an accessory to it and double down on keeping it from Steffy and falling further into Sheila's web and clutches and his sanity being chipped away until he's the male Sheila of the show.

In any case Kelly is my hero in that she didn't waste time catching her mom up on almost drowning, it being Sheila who saved her, then bopping off to bed oblivious to the rage about to be unleashed on Finn. Cracked.me.up.

That Finn could fix his lips to say to Steffy that Sheila was a hero shows he's a lost cause. 'Today, she saved a life!' Sure she did Finn. But saving Kelly wasn't about saving Kelly, it was about making sure Steffy's kid didn't die on your watch and your marriage implode. She was thinking of a bigger picture than Kelly. And BTW, not even a week after shooting you and Steffy and leaving you both for dead, she 'saved' Taylor's life when she almost went off a roof saving her from a suicide attempt. Did that save wipe out what she had done to you and Steffy? What about how months later she ran your beloved adopted mother off a pier with her truck exploding and left HER for dead.  She'll save a life today and throw that same person off a cliff the next damn day if it suits her needs.

You haven't learned, buddy. But you will. And you'll realize how big an idiot you were saying all of this to Steffy and wonder how she didn't clock you upside the head and kick your ass out of her house. 

In other catch up thoughts for the shows over the weeks, all I'll say about Thomas, Hope, and Liam is that they're all buttholes in their own ways.

Actually, I'll say a few more things - Hope keeps saying Liam gave up on their marriage and didn't fight for it and didn't show her the same grace she did him. I don't think that's true; how many arguments, pleas, confrontations did they have up to that Italy trip with him begging her to see what was happening? Liam point blank asked her did she have feelings for Thomas and she tearfully said no and hugged him tight and said her heart was for him and their family.  Liam did fight and then he saw Hope pull him to Thomas and kiss him and then skip away to enjoy the city with him. What is there for him to fight for at that point after weeks/months of fighting prior to that. HOPE made her choice. She stopped fighting her feelings and for her marriage and gave into her feelings for Thomas.

But let's say that Liam did try one last effort with Hope and they tried to talk through what happened in Italy? Would she fire Thomas from HFTF to put space between her and Thomas? Doubt it. Would she limit Thomas coming to their home to see Douglas and have more neutral site drop offs to limit her interactions? She'd come up with some reasons not to. Bottom line, she wasn't cutting Thomas out of her life and they both knew it. Liam wasn't going to do that merry-go-round again and I couldn't blame him. Could he have been less nasty about it? Sure, but I got why he was pissy and was over it given the circumstances.

As for not showing her grace and forgiving her - IMO she didn't' want to be forgiven given that she doubled down on her 'mistake' with Thomas and hunkered won with him for a make out love fest for several days/hours mere hours after Liam left her again. Just as she lied to herself and Liam about her feelings for Thomas, she's lying to herself that she wanted Liam's forgiveness as it gave her the freedom/justification to do what she's wanted for some time but couldn't admit which is to give into and enjoy her attraction for Thomas.

Honestly, I'm glad Lope is done for the moment so Thope can have their moment and we see what hurdles are in store for them and it be about their pathology and leaving Liam out of it.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don’t like how they turned Finn into a Shelias boy overnight. It’s such an insult to Li. Not only has Li been his mom all his life, Shelia tried to kill her last year along with Steffy and himself. It’s come out of nowhere for the sole purpose of shoving obnoxious Liam down our throats and lead him to reuniting with Steffy.

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2

Finn overnight obsessed with Sheila being his mom and is a hero. Then saying she wasn't stalking? She was stalking? 

My mother, my mother.  Finn needs to be slapped. Steffy needs to kick him out. 

Deacon needs to be done with Sheila. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

But let's say that Liam did try one last effort with Hope and they tried to talk through what happened in Italy? Would she fire Thomas from HFTF to put space between her and Thomas? Doubt it. Would she limit Thomas coming to their home to see Douglas and have more neutral site drop offs to limit her interactions? She'd come up with some reasons not to. Bottom line, she wasn't cutting Thomas out of her life and they both knew it. Liam wasn't going to do that merry-go-round again and I couldn't blame him.

OK, but, this is what people mean when they say that Liam didn't give Hope the same grace she's given him.  Did Hope demand that Liam cut Steffy out of his life after he cheated on Hope with her?  Did she demand he have neutral site drop offs of Kelly to limit their interactions?  Not only did Hope not make any of those demands, but she sat there and put up with it when Liam was spending nearly all of his time over at Steffy's house when she had amnesia and thought he was her husband. I think her only complaints at the time were that she'd like him to spend some time at home. She wasn't obsessing over it every second of the day, badgering him about concerns that Steffy might try something with her "husband," even while Hope had Steffy's mother basically telling her "you have to let her have your husband now, because she needs him." She's been 1,000 times more forgiving and understanding of years of Liam's shit with Steffy than Liam was able to be over one kiss. The one time Hope kissed Thomas, and the few months she's had feelings for him, pretty much pales in comparison, imo, as merry go rounds go, to the years of Liam/Steffy crap, including him literally fucking Steffy while married to Hope. 

As for today's show, I laughed so hard at "you need to cut her some slack!" And all of Steffy's facial expressions.  JMW usually does bad telenovela reaction shots, but her reactions today were so much better. 

I love how Wyatt calls Liam on his shit these days. And Deacon calls Sheila on hers. If it wasn't for Deacon's huge blindspot for being in love with Sheila, I'd say that he and Wyatt have too much common sense for the rest of these characters. But Deacon's common sense escapes him when it comes to his relationship with her. He's dead on accurate when he tries to give her advice, though. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was dead with JMW's reactions today. She is sooooo.... bad! Watching the jumps between scenes with Sinn vs. Deacon and Sheila was so jarring. 

Boy, Wyatt called it by pointing out Liam's true motives. 

I am not "child-blaming," but it would be nice if, in a day or so, Kelly tells Steffy that Finn told her to not go down near the water without him. But she did it anyway. 

That doesn't excuse him turning his back on her for so long, and wearing earbuds nonetheless, but still. I agree that Steffy needs to cut Finn some slack, maybe Sheila not so much. He is right. They should just be grateful Kelly is OK, but he needs to backtrack the "Sheila/Mom is a hero" bit.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Did Hope demand that Liam cut Steffy out of his life after he cheated on Hope with her?  Did she demand he have neutral site drop offs of Kelly to limit their interactions?  Not only did Hope not make any of those demands, but she sat there and put up with it when Liam was spending nearly all of his time over at Steffy's house when she had amnesia and thought he was her husband. 

The difference for me is that Liam doesn’t work with Steffy at Spencer Publishing or FC for long hours into the night with the knowledge that Steffy has designs on him and is actively trying to snare him away from Hope. His time until recently with Steffy was in connection with his daughter. And given he does share a child with her it’s reasonable to me that he spend time at Steffy’s house to visit Kelly and we’ve been told that she comes over to his home offscreen to visit as well. Also Steffy is committed to Finn and shares a child with him and Finn is very much keeping his eye on Liam and letting Steffy know his feelings on the matter.  Thomas has no one he’s dating or committed to that would make him think twice about cheating with Hope. Heck when he was Zoe he was playing/using her to make Hope jealous so we know with Hope, Thomas is willing to do anything or steamroll over anyone or use anyone to get what he wants -collateral damage be damned. Ask Emma and his Douglas. Liam’s expressed his concerns to Hope and she point blank lied to his face knowing that he was right about her having feelings for Thomas. This thing with Thomas didn’t ‘just happen’ without warning but had a long build up that Liam was warning her about which Hope willfully ignore/lied about so that she could keep Thomas close. She knew what she was doing and did it anyway which is why I have a hard time with her plea for grace in this instance.  Liam is a clueless careless jackass to be sure and he’s been due for his dose of karma but I consider Hope smarter and more self aware so her pulling the show me grace for making a choice that she knew would be destructive after being warned? Doesn’t work for me. Her actions afterwards reinforced to me that she really didn’t want to be forgiven or shown grace since we went off to jump Thomas so her continuing to beat that drum just grates. She can retire that part of her woe is me speech as far as I’m concerned. 😂

Liam spending three days humoring a traumatized amnesiac Steffy at the urging of her psychologist mother. I didn’t see that as him cheating or giving into his feelings for her. That was a uniquely contrived and stupid plot twist for Bell’s giggles. Aside from the most recent two kisses and his asking Steffy for marriage advice in the lead up to the kiss, Liam’s been pretty much on the level in having his focus on Hope and his family with his obsession being Thomas rather than Steffy for once. And while he was annoying in his obsession he ultimately wasn’t wrong about what was going on.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

Really Sheila? When have you ever cared about your family? And why do you go on about getting a second chance? This is actually you 894,839,128 chance. And you will fuck this up just like you always fuck up your chances; you just cannot do what you need to do. Deacon's advise was spot on; stay away from them, but you won't, you will keep bulldozing your way in, until you inevitably have to "do something." 

Finn needs to have a long cozy up with James Warwick. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I’ve honestly wondered if Finn is pulling a $Bill, & trying to gain Sheila’s trust, only to shank her when he gets the goods. Since they so recently did that story, I kinda doubt it, but these aren’t the most creative writers, so I also wouldn’t be surprised. Also, while TN is far improved in non-romance scenes, I don’t think he has the DD/$Bill charm, to  believably pull it off.

Are Thope in bed this week? If so, could we swap-out a few scenes of that, for a few scenes of Sheila grinning like the Cheshire Cat, or Liam harping about the danger of Sheila, or Finn, inexplicably being drawn to Sheila (posting that as someone who doesn’t mind Sheila/KB, until she eats the entire show). Thope were on every second, or being discussed every second, for weeks, & now, they’re missing for a week. Balance is the key to life.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I’ve honestly wondered if Finn is pulling a $Bill, & trying to gain Sheila’s trust, only to shank her when he gets the goods. Since they so recently did that story, I kinda doubt it, but these aren’t the most creative writers, so I also wouldn’t be surprised. Also, while TN is far improved in non-romance scenes, I don’t think he has the DD/$Bill charm, to  believably pull it off.

I could see them redoing it already. My prediction is that of course he won’t tell Steffy what he’s doing and she’ll sleep with Liam in protest. Shelia will be in disguise as the nanny and overhear Steffy and Liam getting busy and tell Finn.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Liam spending three days humoring a traumatized amnesiac Steffy at the urging of her psychologist mother. I didn’t see that as him cheating or giving into his feelings for her. T

And, up until a few months ago, Hope was simply working with the lead designer on her line, who happens to be the son/brother of the co-CEO's and the grandson of the company's founders. It's not like she had a choice there, especially when she agreed to him coming back. So, Hope working with Thomas wasn't cheating, until it became cheating. Just like Liam's time over at Steffy's house is never cheating until it's cheating. If Liam can be excused in being around Steffy because they share a child, then Hope should be given the same excuse, since she and Thomas share a child. And if not, then that is literally the definition of him not extending her the same grace she's extended him. 

And, as for her sleeping with him. I believe she didn't intend to when they came home. She told him nothing more was happening, and she intended to focus on her marriage and family. She didn't flip the switch on that until Liam went directly to divorce, when it dawned on her that, when she was in his shoes, she didn't jump right there and refuse to listen. And then he confirmed that he was absolutely interested in getting back with Steffy at that point, and why wouldn't she throw her "nothing else is going to happen, I want to focus on my marriage" mantra out the window? Similar to how Liam tosses his devotion to his marriage out the window the second he feels he has a reason to (Hopequin and the Italy kiss), and runs right into Steffy's arms. Steffy having a relationship hasn't, in the past, been much of a deterrent for Steffy or Liam. She fucked Liam when she was allegedly happily in love with Finn, just because Liam came to her. It took her two kisses to lay down the law this time. She's still keeping those kisses a secret from her husband while lambasting him for his secret. And she'll probably waver onto Liam's dick in due course instead of working on her own marital issues now. 

16 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I could see them redoing it already. My prediction is that of course he won’t tell Steffy what he’s doing and she’ll sleep with Liam in protest. Shelia will be in disguise as the nanny and overhear Steffy and Liam getting busy and tell Finn.

Either that or, now that Sheila has saved Kelly's life, he'll start feeling more conflicted about taking her down. 

Although I have to say, as much as I love Scott Clifton, Sheila killing him to get on Finn's good side would be good story. Or maybe just put him in a coma for a while, and reboot the character when he comes out of it (less of a whiny waffle, for starters). 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Finn needs to have a long cozy up with James Warwick. 

James needs to come back to romance Taylor and have Ridge's face crack over it.   James could also be a way for Finn to learn to forgive his father for is lies as James would tell Finn how easily Sheila seduces and pulls you into her web before you know it.

I feel like we need to see more of Sheila's kids. Maybe they could come for her funeral!  Mary Warwick and/or Diana Marone can come to the show with Mary being a psychiatrist like dad and become Liam's psychiatrist and transition him to healthier actions while Diana can be his new love interest -only he wouldn't know she's Sheila's daughter and Steffy's auntie, LOL.  Mary could be for Thomas so he'd have a new love interest for a change.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

OK, but, this is what people mean when they say that Liam didn't give Hope the same grace she's given him.  Did Hope demand that Liam cut Steffy out of his life after he cheated on Hope with her?  Did she demand he have neutral site drop offs of Kelly to limit their interactions?  Not only did Hope not make any of those demands, but she sat there and put up with it when Liam was spending nearly all of his time over at Steffy's house when she had amnesia and thought he was her husband. I think her only complaints at the time were that she'd like him to spend some time at home. She wasn't obsessing over it every second of the day, badgering him about concerns that Steffy might try something with her "husband," even while Hope had Steffy's mother basically telling her "you have to let her have your husband now, because she needs him." She's been 1,000 times more forgiving and understanding of years of Liam's shit with Steffy than Liam was able to be over one kiss. The one time Hope kissed Thomas, and the few months she's had feelings for him, pretty much pales in comparison, imo, as merry go rounds go, to the years of Liam/Steffy crap, including him literally fucking Steffy while married to Hope. 

Nodding along to all of this, especially the bolded.

Hope has bent over backwards to forgive Liam time and time again, for the better part of a decade, with her own mother aiding and abetting the Liam Forgiveness Campaigns (which Liam is well aware of), most recently forgiving him for cheating on her because he thought he saw her kissing Thomas and it was a damn mannequin. She had to endure that knowledge plus months of being in limbo whether her wayward husband had fathered a child with Steffy. Then, yes, to your point, she had to hand over her husband on a silver platter for a grieving Steffy who just had to have Liam for comfort and screw his wife and other child.  She was the epitome of the gracious, loving, forgiving wife. Unlike Liam, who the second he sniffed out Hope's feelings for Thomas (which I wouldn't call anything but lust/infatuation and not love, unlike his feelings for Steffy), he was on her ass about it. Being tempted is very different from acting on the impulse. Feelings are not infidelity. Yet one would think Hope had already cheated with how much Liam and Steffy, the two biggest hypocrites on the planet, pontificated about how terrible Hope was. And I think, on some level, after everything Liam and Steffy put Hope through, Hope had enough and decided to act on her feelings by kissing Thomas. A bit of payback for all the years he ripped her heart out and threw it in the trash. And a "there, I made you the good guy for a change" except he still isn't and wasn't because five seconds later, he is kissing Steffy. Which Hope still knows nothing about. Liam has proven that he will run to Steffy and cheat on some level - physical or emotional - any time he is on insecure footing of his own making. That is why Hope is done with him. 

He wants to preach about boundaries? Puh-lease. The man doesn't know the meaning of the word. As for Hope working with Thomas and poor Liam having to deal with that...I couldn't care less because Liam might as well have worked at FC or lived at the cliff house as much as he was constantly interacting with Steffy  (still is) and very little of it because of Kelly. 

That he wanted to divorce her??? Over a kiss??? When he has done so much worse???

Fuck him forever. 

I hope Steffy and Finn work things out (and I would love it if he were pulling the ultimate con to put her away once and for all) and Liam is left to twist in the wind as Hope, deciding she's scratched her Thomas itch enough, wants to jump with both feet into the dating pool. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 11
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I am so on board for bringing on new characters. The incest-go-round has long run its course. 

Truly, it had run thin for me the minute they put Phoebe and Rick together but even there she got a 2nd guy who was not part of the Forrester clan to date.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, KerleyQ said:
21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

But let's say that Liam did try one last effort with Hope and they tried to talk through what happened in Italy? Would she fire Thomas from HFTF to put space between her and Thomas? Doubt it. Would she limit Thomas coming to their home to see Douglas and have more neutral site drop offs to limit her interactions? She'd come up with some reasons not to. Bottom line, she wasn't cutting Thomas out of her life and they both knew it. Liam wasn't going to do that merry-go-round again and I couldn't blame him.

I can see both sides of this tbh, but Hope's timing(more accurately Brad's timing)of all this just fucking sucks, but ultimately she was right to pull Lame's card about his hypocrisy. Mannequin night would've been an out of nowhere kiss if it were real & he still didn't offer her any grace then. He was 100% ready to dump her until he realized it was a mannequin. Hope's biggest problem was she somehow forgot this while playing with fire & truly thought her dick of a husband would not turn around & burn her with said fire.

Everything aside, Hope's character, like Finn's, is under attack by shitty plot contrivance to prop steam in a way that doesn't have Steffy & Lame be the bad guys/cheaters again(despite that probably being the least disruptive route to revamp them if Brad wanted it that badly). That's just my theory. Not to 100% excuse their behavior per se, but given the context it's hard to take any of this seriously or at face value right now. Hope & Finn might have glimpses of their usual characterization but going from 0 to 100 where Thomas & Shelia are concerned makes no narrative sense, nor is it happening naturally. 

Goes to show that Thope/Steamless are 2 sides of the same forced pairing coin if it takes all this to make them happen. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 6
  • Love 1