Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Poor R.J. Not even home for 24 hours and Ridge is hitting him over the head with a sledgehammer to go to work for FC. Just STFU already. R.J. has made it quite clear that he wants to make his own way in life, or at least try. 

And I say power to him.

I don't recall any previous episodes with R.J. ever showing design prowess or working at FC, but I could have a faulty memory.

If he's forced to work at FC, then at least put his talents to use in PR/social media. 

I like this kid. He seems to be a decent actor and I have read the negative comments about his teeth. So what? I think he's nice looking and it's refreshing to see an actor that doesn't look phony-perfect.

RJ worked as an intern with the summer group that included Sally’s sister, Justin’s niece (the one Thomas ran off the road and died), Xander, and Zoe. IIRC he did show his family some beginnings of designs during that time, but it wasn’t anything serious. Hope mentioned that RJ was more into animation now so obviously he does have some drawing skills. It’s definitely better if he continues to make his own path in areas beyond FC. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I don't recall any previous episodes with R.J. ever showing design prowess or working at FC, but I could have a faulty memory.

The last time he was a player on the show, he was 17 and still in high school. I don't think he had any interest in the family business then.

Still, it's interesting that it's been Brooke's children with the highest track record of making it outside of their family business between him and Bridget being a doctor (even her brief stint in fashion was for Jackie M and she didn't even want it known it was her at first!).

• Like 9

I can appreciate that they want Liam to be the anti-soap opera leading man, sensitive instead of a chest-thumping meathead. But for the life of me I cannot see anything attractive about him. He’s… overwhelming effeminate. Constantly whining about his feelings and waffling about his feelings and having anxiety about his feelings… He has no function outside of his relationship, no concern, motivation, or apparently obligation beyond obsessive speculation about Hope.

I’m just. I’m not into it. Idk any women who would go for a dude like this. 

Eta: The type of guy who would blow off an important deal closing to sit around whining about his marriage for the 1975226th time. No thanks. 

Edited by Rye
  • Like 6
  • Applause 8

And there was Thomas yesterday, greeting R.J. with the sneering, condescending, "little brother," the same way RM Ridge used to address Thorne.

But ... what I wouldn't give to see RM back on my screen, calling Thorne whatever the hell he wanted!

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
15 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I like this kid. He seems to be a decent actor and I have read the negative comments about his teeth. So what? I think he's nice looking and it's refreshing to see an actor that doesn't look phony-perfect.

I think he’s decent looking as well. Refreshing change from cover model physical appearance shows usually hire.  Speaking of this actor’s appearance, I feel like there’s something in his facial features/structure that makes it believable for him to be TK’s son.

2 hours ago, Rye said:

I can appreciate that they want Liam to be the anti-soap opera leading man, sensitive instead of a chest-thumping meathead. But for the life of me I cannot see anything attractive about him. He’s… overwhelming effeminate. Constantly whining about his feelings and waffling about his feelings and having anxiety about his feelings… He has no function outside of his relationship, no concern, motivation, or apparently obligation beyond obsessive speculation about Hope.

My comment is not about Liam, but Scott instead:  how old is he?  I’m surprised the show has Liam with as much grey hair as shown on tv. Makes it seem like Liam is in his late 40s/early 50s.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

My strongest memories of RJ are from the time that Sludge and Katie were a couple. When she wore that red string on her finger in lieu of a real engagement ring. They always got together with their two boys, RJ and Will, who always played together while Sludge and Katie read poetry in the grass. Seems to me that RJ and Will should be part of a different and younger set, rather than adding RJ to his older siblings. 

• Like 6

Come on Liam stop bearing around the bush. Ask Stuffy what you really want to ask her if Hope is developing any romantic feelings for Lurch 🤢🤮

Taylor don’t you have some patients to see instead of passing disappointing looks with Lurch because Ridge wants RJ to work at FC. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Does anyone else find it odd that they decided to bring RJ back when they're in the process of setting up Thope? Obviously, Thomas and Hope aren't biologically related, but sharing a biological sibling with someone should be enough to kill any lusty feelings IMO. The optics are icky (it's a soap, but still). If they were so desperate to bring RJ back, it should have waited until after the Thope affair began and then we could have the "half-brother rivalry" or whatever. I'm getting flashbacks to the yucky feelings I had when Wyatt and Katie were a thing. RJ's presence is a reminder of how homogenous the gene pool of this show is, which was not needed at all. It's extra annoying because now we're going to have weeks of repetitive, awkward dialogue to remind us how everyone is related. Ugh. So desperate for new, nonfamilial blood!

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
26 minutes ago, MajesticMariposa said:

Obviously, Thomas and Hope aren't biologically related, but sharing a biological sibling with someone should be enough to kill any lusty feelings IMO. 

Having a half-sibling in common is fairly common on soaps.  No biggie.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Having a half-sibling in common is fairly common on soaps.  No biggie.

I know lol. I've watched soaps forever. Just reacting to the current (non)storyline. I don't think bringing RJ back and reinforcing the tangled family tree was the right move when they're building up to a romantic Thope pairing. JMO.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Tell me he's changed from this guy:

Well, he looks better :)

I know that's not the point you're making but my god, he looked awful when he started. It's got to be the haircut because not much else has changed. At least he sort of looks like he belongs on a soap renowned for eye candy now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

How dare they put down Quarter in the name of dull/forced Carter/Katie. 😒 It wont be long till Katie is with Bill again. Carter will be the loser again.

Yeah, Bill was all about “my Katie” today.  Where did he say he’d take Katie?  It sounded like something-Mars?!?!  
Time will tell if the show will indeed revisit Batie or keep with Karter. 

ps…I thought it was hilarious that Liam told Bill - with zero irony - that one of the problems Batie had was one person falling for the spouse’s sister!  Ok, in the case of Liam/Wyatt, it’s falling for the brother’s spouse instead….but still!  😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Katie has the best of both worlds. I would imagine Bill and Carter are equal in satisfying her.  

Carter you’re full of shit. You were definitely in LOVE with Quinn. The only reason she left was because she couldn’t give you the children you wanted. Once again, Carter is in love with a woman that would risk her heath to give him a child. 

Katie is so insecure that she just had to ask about Quinn; but Carter is secure enough in his “manhood” that her doesn’t have to ask if he’s “bigger” than the Stallion. 

There should be a lot more scenes of Bill, Liam, and Wyatt. They are quite amusing together.  

Can a prison inmate refuse a visitor?  All they do is berate Shiela. She deserves it but I rather have another heart attack tan listen to Stuffy. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Yeah, Bill was all about “my Katie” today.  Where did he say he’d take Katie?  It sounded like something-Mars?!?!  
Time will tell if the show will indeed revisit Batie or keep with Karter. 

ps…I thought it was hilarious that Liam told Bill - with zero irony - that one of the problems Batie had was one person falling for the spouse’s sister!  Ok, in the case of Liam/Wyatt, it’s falling for the brother’s spouse instead….but still!  😂

Bill was referring to his yacht the Stella Maris (It means “Star of the Sea”). It’s a real life yacht that on B&B belongs to Bill, but in real life it’s owned by a rich family and they’ve allowed the show to use it for location shots. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Well, I guess we know where RJ is going to land. They could not have been more obvious with Liam and Wyatt's new acquisition and all their talk about refreshing it, and a startup operation with "influencers." But I am down for it; let one Forrester child not be a designer or work in the business, and RJ working for Spencer might ruffle a few feathers. 

Other than those Bill, Liam, Wyatt scenes Show was a positive snore. 

I am so over people going to the jail to tell Sheila off. I can't stand Sheila, but it all seems so.........er..........juvenile and counterproductive. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Ugh. Katie decides after some really good sex to ask Carter about Quinn? And when he (rightfully!) doesn't want to talk about it, she decides to push the issue?!

It was just so cringey. 

Katie has always been a woman who gets in her own way. And we all know where this is headed, right? She's finally got a perfectly good guy, and she's going to drop him for Bill, the man who has and will continue to drop her like a bad habit whenever Brooke looks at him for more than 7 seconds.

And I need the show writers to know that the "My Katie, My Family, We will be together again on the Stella Maris, because that's what I want", is not romantic. It's the stuff of restraining orders and domestic violence cases. Good grief, I thought we were moving on from Caveman Bill. Sexy Roguish Anti-hero Bill is much better.  Give him someone new to be with, not obsess over. I thought they were chem-testing him with Li, and then Taylor. Those went fairly well - even though I really don't like Taylor (but I'll save that rant for another day).

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, backhometome said:

How dare they put down Quarter in the name of dull/forced Carter/Katie. 😒 It wont be long till Katie is with Bill again. Carter will be the loser again.

Will he though?

It's not as if LemonHeads Sourpuss Katie is some prize.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

How many times does it take for Carter and Katie to play hide the salami before they aren’t rushing things?  Another 10 times?  

I guess it’s not at all odd, in LA, that one inmate gets a private room to visit another inmate. What’s with allowing Shiela to have lipstick and perfume?  And the mystery man is?  

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Convinced the shadowy figure coming to Sheila is 

Reveal spoiler

James Warwick, here to provide some BellLA psychiatric shenanigans to get Sheila out of the clink.

That was my first thought as well.  Only question now is…recast or not?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I agree with @Cool Breeze on who that shadowy figure was, but my question is why? That would mean Sheila is going to be staying around, and what is the point? This character ran out of gas years ago and keeping her around to piss and moan about her son, and how she got stung by Bill is not what I consider entertaining. I am also fearful she will beeline straight to Deacon. There are so many things they could do with Deacon, and to bring Show's level up. Now that we have RJ back, how about we reintroduce Little D? This could add a whole new layer for Deacon and Hope.  I think bringing in Jack could really up the ante too, and maybe it is time we see a new Will. I wouldn't want to see them return as parent trappers, but as young adults who have conflicting emotions over their conceptions, their parentage, their histories, and their complex relations with the different families.  Bring Rick back as well; he is always good for stirring the pot, and he has a deep history with Little D and Deacon, and Jack is his half-brother. 

Another thing they could do is refocus on fashion. It seems the only thing FC's produces now is HFTF. Watching the old episodes on YouTube has reminded me how much I loved those big fashion shows, the lavish productions, sharing the runway with Spectra. And there were so many designers who all had their own agendas; Eric, Ridge, Kristen, Clark, Margo and Felcia. 

What I don't want to see is Bill begging Katie. Please, for heaven's sake, let Bill move on. Taylor and Li are both available, do something new and original. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

There are so many things they could do with Deacon, and to bring Show's level up. Now that we have RJ back, how about we reintroduce Little D? This could add a whole new layer for Deacon and Hope.  I think bringing in Jack could really up the ante too, and maybe it is time we see a new Will. I wouldn't want to see them return as parent trappers, but as young adults who have conflicting emotions over their conceptions, their parentage, their histories, and their complex relations with the different families.  Bring Rick back as well; he is always good for stirring the pot, and he has a deep history with Little D and Deacon, and Jack is his half-brother. 

I'd add in Sally's younger sister. Maybe she can get a job with FC or SP. And they need to create some other roles to bring in some young women who aren't related to everyone (since most of the existing options for characters you can being back in that age range are boys). There is no younger generation on this show right now to watch grow up and be attached to when they're ready to take on more leading stories. Before RJ came back, there was a huge gap between Douglas and the thirtysomethings.  We need some late teens/early 20's characters in there. No need to throw them into huge romantic pairings right this second, but put them on our screens, dealing with the families (and dating around some) to give the audience time to feel invested in them by the time they're ready for bigger stories. 

I know it's just a half hour show, so there's only so many stories/characters they can show at once, but it's just so odd to me to have a soap with nobody in that age range. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, norcalgal said:

Only question now is…recast or not?

If that's who it is and there's a recast then what's the point? I'm up for whomever it is as long as it's not a recast anybody. My guess (pure speculation) is that it might be Jack and that Sheila's escape plan involves helping Jack get Li back. But that shadow silhouette didn't look like either Jack or the above mentioned person to me.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 4/28/2023 at 3:52 AM, RuntheTable said:

Well, I guess we know where RJ is going to land. They could not have been more obvious with Liam and Wyatt's new acquisition and all their talk about refreshing it, and a startup operation with "influencers." But I am down for it; let one Forrester child not be a designer or work in the business, and RJ working for Spencer might ruffle a few feathers. 

It has the added bonus of (I hope!) giving Liam something to do besides be miserable about Thomas. This was something his character needed well before now and I remember wanting him to do this way bach when the Avants were on the canvas, but better late than never.

On 4/28/2023 at 6:38 AM, TVForever said:

Katie has always been a woman who gets in her own way. And we all know where this is headed, right?

God, yes. Because it wouldn't be B&B if anyone ever did anything original, would it?

God, this version of Katie has been on the show for for 16 years at this point and we're STILL doing the self doubt and low self esteem ugly duckling nonsense we were doing in 2007? I am beyond tired.

And if she takes Bill back yet again, she has whatever he brings on her coming. Frankly, his emotional affair with Steffy before the ink dried on the marriage license should've been the end of them. I'm not joking when I say I'd rather see Thope become canon because we haven't seen THAT play out 100 times and I'm certain the recast of Thomas #5 down the road will kill it dead eventually.

On 4/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Waldo13 said:

How many times does it take for Carter and Katie to play hide the salami before they aren’t rushing things?  Another 10 times?  

Mind you, were dealing with a guy who once proposed to a woman on their first date. This is practically a snail's pace for Carter ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
11 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

know it's just a half hour show, so there's only so many stories/characters they can show at once, but it's just so odd to me to have a soap with nobody in that age range.

Aside of that period between '98 and '04 when Rick and Bridget were teens, B&B has been largely uninterested in teen stories. They tried giving Eric a niece Jessica in the mid 90s before that, but it went over like a wet fart. And then after Rick & Co disappeared, we had Phoebe as a single teen being fought over by two grown men closer to 30 than 20, 2hich was all kinds of gross.

Granted, few kids under 20 probably knows this show exists , but those teen stories are what helps to get the next generation of viewers hooked. it's truly bizarre but not the least but surprising that Bell has learned nothing from the situation this show found itself in after RM and SF left at the same time & they had nothing on tap to fill the gap. KKL and John McCook will likely want to retire if Bell intends to keep the show running another 20 years and God willing, his son or whoever he turns the keys over to next will have a plan in place to better integrate new characters when they do.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Is the shadowy figure Thomas? 

It doesn't look like Ian Buchanan (James Warrick) because his actual silhouette would have a large neck. I saw him in a recent youtube clip. Maybe the silhouette got distorted. It looks like there's a moustache and/or beard. 

Maybe to confuse us it's Bill.  😮

1-Fullscreen capture 512023 120259 AM-001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Bill says he isn't pressuring Katie 🙄 That's all he has been doing.

Hmm, Sheila calls on Jack and he comes. He didn't even show up when his son died and came back to life. This plot gets more stupid by the day. How convenient to find out he a criminal defense lawyer. They keep pulling stuff out of a hat to keep Sheila on the show. Just end it already. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 11

RUN, KATIE, RUN!!!   Not to Carter, though.  She might be a sourpuss, but Carter is dull as dishwater.  😑  Bill is just a possessive ass.  At first, I wanted him with Li but now, I want Li to get with someone new. 

• Like 8
On 4/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, SiouxB said:

I’m so happy that @TessHarding2 and @Waldo13 brought up RJ’s 🦷🦷

I cannot take my eyes off the color of those teeth.....I have been lamenting over my own teeth that are not as white as I would like them to be ...and then when I see this guy, I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that an actor wouldn’t have pearly white teeth !

Hi all! I’m new here!  I’ve been on Primetimer for years but I’m only just making my way over to B&B today! (I hang out in the DCC forum.) 
I’ve been watching B&B since it’s debut (I was a lucky teenager with a VCR)  and the new RJ brought me here to see what everyone’s dishing! My 2 cents is that I ADORE this kid. He’s an awesome actor.  A natural!  So much better than the old waif-y RJ who sulked around with his millennial hands stuffed in his pockets all the time.  I completely agree his         body-ody-ody was a bit of a shock. I went to his IG page and he does body build.  I LOVE this kid’s smile!  Now for the bad part… I hate this kid’s smile 😂.  You guyyyyyyyys…. I am also SHOCKED and SHOOK that they would let him onscreen with those teeth and that gingivitis!  I feel like you could scrape the plaque off of his teeth from here!  Bless his sweet lil heart, he needs to see a dentist STAT.  It’s not just that they’re yellow… he’s bordering on oral infection it looks like.  They look chalk-like.  His gums are soooooo inflamed and red and he’s going to have serious damage if he doesn’t get help/treatment.  Ugh!  The worse part, which makes me so sad too, is that you can TELL he KNOWS it. He’s sooooo self-conscious of his smile. 😢Several times he’s intentionally trying to smile with his lips closed. Poor guy.  I just want him to get treatment and clear all that up.  He doesn’t look like an “influencer” to me either, btw, but I know I like him and I’m ready for the next generation to start stepping it up on this show.  I’m glad they changed up his reputation/personality bc the last thing we needed was another brooding emotional Laim number 2.  

So glad to be here y’all!💞

41 minutes ago, Artsda said:

When did Jack become the best defense lawyer in LA? He was a doctor who met nurse Sheila

When the writers decided they needed to insert him into the story to keep Sheila onscreen.

And of course they are counting on the viewers having the memory of goldfish so viewers won’t call them out on it. 

Alternate explanation:  Jack obtained a law degree AND stellar reputation as a criminal defense lawyer between his last on screen performance and today’s appearance.  Because you know, like it’s hard?  (tm Elle Woods)

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

Did they ever actually say Jack was a doctor, though?  I know he and Sheila had at least one rendezvous at the hospital but all I remember is the talk of Li being a doctor and it was her footsteps Finn wanted to follow.    

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Did they ever actually say Jack was a doctor, though?  I know he and Sheila had at least one rendezvous at the hospital but all I remember is the talk of Li being a doctor and it was her footsteps Finn wanted to follow.    

They never stated what his profession was. Li was introduced as a doctor and later, it was revealed that he and Sheila, who was working as a nurse at the same hospital as Li, had an affair, producing Finn, who later became a doctor. So that Jack's profession is finally revealed doesn't phase me in the slightest. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

When I was watching yesterday, all I could think was "did we know Jack was a lawyer?" Because I did not remember any mention of it before. Glad to see everyone else here confirm that for me. 

Jack, dude, if you have any hope of ever having a good relationship with your son and grandson, do not fall for this crap. 

There was something so condescending about Carter and Eric talking about Katie's "fragile heart." But, at the same time, the show does write her that way often, so... 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

When I was watching yesterday, all I could think was "did we know Jack was a lawyer?" Because I did not remember any mention of it before. Glad to see everyone else here confirm that for me. 

Jack, dude, if you have any hope of ever having a good relationship with your son and grandson, do not fall for this crap. 

There was something so condescending about Carter and Eric talking about Katie's "fragile heart." But, at the same time, the show does write her that way often, so... 

Stormy's heart, to be exact.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Does anyone know how far in advance the show has filmed so far before the writer’s strike will catch up? I’m also wondering what cuts the show might make in regards to storytelling.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
29 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

Does anyone know how far in advance the show has filmed so far before the writer’s strike will catch up? I’m also wondering what cuts the show might make in regards to storytelling.

They might have to resort to repeating the same dialogue over and over again.  Something the viewers of B&B are definitely not used to.  ;)

• Wink 1
  • LOL 15

Do they just recycle Sheila's lines with a different man each week. "The lonely hearts club. That only they can understand". Deacon & Bill, now Jack. Make it stop. Why do they never mention that she also held Finn prisoner as well as shooting him. Like that wasn't an accident. 

I dont know what's worse Carter the bore or Bill the possessive creep. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Speaking of Eric, boy he sure was looking good.

Yeah, I was surprised at how good he looked.  That honey must be working. 😋

1 hour ago, backhometome said:

I dont know what's worse Carter the bore or Bill the possessive creep. 

I hope Katie dumps both of them.  Surely there must be a nice guy in LA she can meet.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1