Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 6/10/2019 at 7:23 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Hope is going to feel like such a fool when she finds out the truth. I don't know how she'll ever trust her own judgment again. Or how Liam will.

I feel like when the truth comes out, Liam should decide to stay with Steffy and when Hope begs him back, he tells her Nope, gotta raise raise the girls under one roof with Steffy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

She is total trash as is Felonious Flo.

This is how both should be forced to travel in the future:

giphy.gif

And I didn't watch but heard how Thomas dragged Flo for filth and called her out on her bullshit. Even though he'll undoubtedly decide to keep the secret, I'm all for that trifling heifer getting a tiny bit of what's coming to her from somebody (even Thomas) at last.

Also, I kind of love reading the recap of Zoe blubbering to Xander about "don't you care about my father at all?"

His reply: "No, I don't."

Liam looks so heartbroken here. 

D80tXJRXUAERTjy.jpg

But, as usual, Hauxdi can't be bothered to read the room and realize he's only here because a mentally ill Hope pushed him into it. You just know if his phone rang and it was her and she told him it was all a mistake, he'd be outa there so fast, Hauxdi's fauxdiloxs would almost move in the breeze.

There was a question upthread about Liam having his own place and he definitely did, including the time he was living with Amber when she lied about him being the father of her unborn child (Rosie, who turned out to be Marcus'). 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

This storyline, which has consumed EVERY MINUTE of this show for the past six months, if told properly and intertwined with the other simultaneous storylines, should be lighting up the boards with twists and intrigue and everyone would be clamoring to find out what will happen next!

Alas, this gloomy heartbreaking storyline is not being handled by incisive raconteurs and adept yarn-spinners, it's slogging along at a snail's pace with repetitive dialogue and farfetched situations, shedding its audience more and more each day. How do the actors even take this seriously anymore?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

It is seriously bad when you consider Badley could have cribbed from the nuanced and riveting beats of the Scotty baby switch on Y&R or the Gwen/Jen baby switch on ATWT or Sidney/Grace or Zach/JT on DOOL or...or...or...

Plagiarism would have been far better than inventing the shit we've been treated to for the better part of the year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ChiefWiggum9-1-2 said:

This storyline, which has consumed EVERY MINUTE of this show for the past six months, if told properly and intertwined with the other simultaneous storylines, should be lighting up the boards with twists and intrigue and everyone would be clamoring to find out what will happen next!

Alas, this gloomy heartbreaking storyline is not being handled by incisive raconteurs and adept yarn-spinners, it's slogging along at a snail's pace with repetitive dialogue and farfetched situations, shedding its audience more and more each day. How do the actors even take this seriously anymore?

This.

There are so many ways the writers could have made this interesting, and instead the characters have the same damn conversation every day.

It is seriously bad when you consider Badley could have cribbed from the nuanced and riveting beats of the Scotty baby switch on Y&R or the Gwen/Jen baby switch on ATWT or Sidney/Grace or Zach/JT on DOOL or...or...or...

OLTL's Tina/Gabi/Al/CJ baby switch SL was good to.  Also, I knew when Sami found out the truth about Sydney/Grace there would be hell to pay, and there was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I went to check out Twitter.  In response to the producers pathetic tweets:

A truth bomb could lead to disaster on #BoldandBeautiful. Tune in this week to find out what happens! Today on #BoldandBeautiful!

Thomas arrives at Steffy’s house to tell her that he has important news that will change her life!, etc.

Every single reply to every single official tweet each says the same thing: MAKE IT STOP!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Plagiarism would have been far better than inventing the shit we've been treated to for the better part of the year.

He could've cribbed from the Amber/Becky and it still would've been an improvement. 

The baby switch is Soap 101. One of the native tropes to the genre along with evil twins, amnesia and love triangles. The number one rule of Baby Switch is: you do not talk about Baby Switch...which basically means it needs to have other stories going on that are tangibly related but not solely dependent on it. The Gwen/Jen one on ATWT was one that touched nearly every character on the cast and the only complaint I remember about that story was fans having to root for Jentitled after her manipulation to fuck up Craig's life because reasons. 

This has eaten up more of the show than any other story I've watched except the ToD 2.0 but at least I gave a shit about all the characters involved with that, or at least the histories that lead to those dynamics. I don't give one rats ass what happens to Zoe or Flo or even Xander and I keep hoping again hope that the floodgates will open up and drop Thomas right into Stephanie's penthouse in the ninth circle of Hell. 

There's stories I've hated more than this, like Breacon and Ridget and Nick's character assassination. This one inspires apathy, and that's the worst sin entertainment can commit.

• Love 5

And yes (and duh to myself) re Amber/Becky. 

I also totally agree that there are stories and characters I LOVE to hate and those that I just hate and won't watch.

My give a damn where this show is concerned is broken and I don't see it getting fixed any time soon.

• Love 8

The fact that the writers ran Steffy/Liam/Hope into the ground even more than they did Ridge/Taylor/Brooke doesn't help either.  It's not just that there should have been other SLs going on.  Steffy/Liam/Hope should have been given a rest for at least a few years (while all three were on canvas).  Instead it keeps going on and on with Steffy, Hope, Ridge, Brooke and sometimes Bill telling Liam who he should be with, and for a very long time, Liam listened to them.  For once, Liam actually had some agency of his own, and said he wasn't giving up on his marriage to Hope.  Then what happens, Hope insists Liam has to be with Steffy and the girls, so she can be with Thomas and Douglas. {face palm}

• Love 2

Who really cares what happens to Flo, Zoe or her felonious father after all this time?  I feel like WE'RE the ones who have been given a jail sentence and it consists of watching the same conversations repeated, ad nauseum, until we're all ad nauseum!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

Ugh, words I am not looking forward to hearing from Thomas eventually: "I tried to tell you!" IMO, a tortured hero he is not and never will be.

Did I really watch several scenes of Zoe, Flo, and Xander debating whether Thomas would tell Steffy the truth? Good effing grief.

Why is Beth mostly bald while Kelly has a head full of hair? Guess Hope passed on some defective hair genes, hah, hah.

I see you, Flo. You thought you were offloading your responsibility to Thomas. AFAIC you're still a coward. 😑

There are so many ways the writers could have made this interesting, and instead the characters have the same damn conversation every day.

No joke, this is the description on CBS.com for today's episode of B&B: "Flo begs Zoe to allow the truth to be revealed but Zoe is concerned about going to jail."

IMO, that's a solid indicator that TPTB have zero respect for the B&B audience. Or they think we all have memories that don't last longer than 24 hours. 😒

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Zoey you dolt. You told Xander everything but you get on Flo’s case for telling Thomas. Now telling Thomas the truth will come out?  Didn’t Xander rush over to tell Liam and Hope the truth?  Why would we ever think that Thomas is not selfish enough to keep the secret. Of course we knew Zoey was that selfish as is, I’m sorry to say, Flo but to a lesser degree because she shows the most remorse. 

Mommy Stuffy. Can anyone say fake?  It’s as plane as her Botox injections. 

I have a great idea. Let the truth come out and everyone will be so mad nobody will talk to each other. Thus we will be done with this shit ass story line and dialogue. 

Stuffy doesn’t know what the future will be?  Of course she does. Cha Cha Cha part 6.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Thomas is going to tell Hauxdi about Phoebeth. 

She'll go to Sludge for advice.

Sludge will tell her to keep the secret, because "the girls" deserve to be raised by 2 parents under one roof and Hope is with Thomas to be a mommy to poor poor motherless Douglas.

And besides Hope will get over losing Beth -- and Liam will get to raise his own daughter, except he won't know it. 

So it's all good, and everyone wins.

Said no one ever

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

As it’s been since January, this continues to be an absolute insult to everyone who has ever viewed or been a fan of The Bold and The Beautiful. And they wonder why the soaps have failed. Here is the college class to illustrate that fact. Watch this now students: this is how you destroy a show on television, even one that’s been an icon in it’s genre. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Stuffy doesn’t know what the future will be?  Of course she does. Cha Cha Cha part 6.

Well, it's definitely in Phobeth's future. In case anybody missed it or ff'ed through it, Steffy told Liam yesterday that Phoebeth's first words were gonna be, "Cha, cha, cha." I'm serious, folks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

this continues to be an absolute insult to everyone who has ever viewed or been a fan of The Bold and The Beautiful. And they wonder why the soaps have failed. Here is the college class to illustrate that fact. Watch this now students: this is how you destroy a show on television, even one that’s been an icon in it’s genre. 

I have DVR'd and not watched in almost a month.  I read here and decide not to watch. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, La di Diva said:

She'll go to Sludge for advice.

No one should ever go to Ridge, Taylor, or Brooke for advice about anything.

I can see where this is headed.  It will be Steffy/Ridge fighting Brooke/Hope over Liam using poor Phoebe/Beth as a stand in.

I've changed my mind.  Someone please shoot me in the head so I can forget this horrible SL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Of course we knew Zoey was that selfish as is, I’m sorry to say, Flo but to a lesser degree because she shows the most remorse. 

But this is Flo's to tell.  Not Zoey, not even Dr. Shady.  Flo did this, she knows what she did, she cannot pretend she didn't know what she was doing.

Let's pretend she would never have met Hope or become her cousin.  Flo knew what she was doing when she did it.  She knew Dr. Shady switched a dead baby out.  Most people would go to the police.  Not Flo.  And this is before her mommy came to town.  She knew what she was doing and she did it.  For fifty grand.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Well, it's definitely in Phobeth's future. In case anybody missed it or ff'ed through it, Steffy told Liam yesterday that Phoebeth's first words were gonna be, "Cha, cha, cha." I'm serious, folks!

I was just going to ask if anyone else caught that too. I stopped the FF for a minute just to see those darn cute babies & THIS happened. Really pissed me right off (which is my constant state anymore just thinking of this show.). Bad enough we have to see Steffy raising Hope's baby by Liam...with Liam no less!!!! Now they are just rubbing our noses in it...like Hope's precious child would EVER utter those three frikkin' words. EVER.

GAH!!!!!!!😡🤯🔥

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Almost everyone in my office would gather in the breakroom every day for the past 10 years or so and watch the last half hour of Y&R and all of B&B. The first day we started watching B&B Eric was naked on the ledge outside Donna's apartment.  That was certainly an attention grabber and we all were hooked. There were never fewer than 10 people, sometimes as many as 15, watching B&B live WITH COMMERCIALS enjoying moments like Brooke and Oliver at the costume party, Myron!, Donna and the real Honey Bear.

Well, that was then - but after the Catalina storyline began, gradually people stopped paying attention to the TV.  Soon it was no longer even turned on anymore and people who used to bond over B&B, now just furiously text on phones, shop online or read. This endless, repetitive, depressing, heartbreaking storyline has killed this show and there seems to be no end in sight.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

So now taking care of Douglas is more important than HFTF as is Stuffy taking care of Kelly and PhoBeth is more important than FC. It must be nice to draw a 6 figure salary not to do their job. 

Finally asleep?  They’re always asleep. 

Is Hope eventually going to give it up to Thomas?  Instead of a woman using sex as a weapon, Thomas is going to use Douglas as a weapon for sex.  

• Love 3
(edited)

God, I hope this show is canceled before we get to a third generation of Marone rapists because Douglas seems like a sweet boy but he doesn't have a ghost of a chance with Thomas as his father and Ridge and Taylor as his grandparents.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

Wow! It took Liam no time at all to settling in at Steffy's and daddy-ing. And Hope ... she is making promises to Thomas that they might actually have a future together?  I don't get why Brooke is still trying and trying to get Hope to reconsider the annulment. It's a done deal. Looks like a case of Hope who? and Liam who? SMH.

I would appreciate a change of clothes. I hate Steffy's still-hideous outfit from last week, Hope's Bea Arthur-duster and Flo's horrendous jumpsuit. 

Speaking of Flo, how long is it going to take her to tell Wyatt the truth, now that he overheard part of the broken record convo about Beth? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

See, even a child like Douglas realizes Liam doesn't have two daughters. Not that any of them know anyway.

So tired of Hope's martyr act. I'm now starting to understand why a lot of B&B fans don't like her. She's kind of full of herself, no?

Please, plenty of single women who aren't millionaire heirs to a fashion empire manage to raise even more than two children alone. Steffy put herself in this situation mainly to impress Liam and get him back. The gamble worked. Bully for her.

Said it before and I'll keep saying it: Thomas needs killing. He knows damn well that given a choice, Hope would not have sacrificed her own baby so Liam could get back with Steffy and she'd get relegated to playing Mommy Hope for Douglas. Grrrrr!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've been watching soaps pretty much all my life, and I get it, they're pretty much repetitive, silly  and over the top dramatic, but I am SO DONE with this TRASH!I can NOT STAND Flo (or her name), and her sad , depressed face! This repeating the same shit OVER and OVER day after day is so pathetic and frustrating  that I can't believe there are people actually sitting down writting these lines for the actors to say, let alone the actors having to say these lines over and over again! I could care less about Zoey and her boyfriend either. I hate this storyline and have hated it since the moment Hope was groaning like a dying cow! I'm SO DONE!!! BY Bold And Beautiful!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Can Thomas possibly top his cruelty shown to Hope today by telling her that Liam is moving in with Steffy?  I, too, am really desensitized to Hope's never ending pain and suffering after witnessing it for how many months now.  But the pain that crossed her face when he dropped that little bomb was a hint of the subtle acting that AN does so well.  

Is there any way that we, as some of the few viewers left of the remaining soaps, can reach out to TPTB and demand an end to this storyline?  It could've very easily ended when JMW came back from her maternity leave.  But no...it has to get dragged on and on and on.  Does Brad Bell not care if he continues to loses viewers?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

Yeah, I just fast forward every day. I'll start to listen then can't stand to hear what anyone is saying and hit the button.

This. Exactly. I'm seriously considering taking it off the DVR program completely because I think it still counts as being watched even though I FF through the whole mess.

Sadly this mess is not even worth posting about these days.

I wonder how the actors feel...same clothes, same lines...day after monotonous day!!!!😢

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Please, plenty of single women who aren't millionaire heirs to a fashion empire manage to raise even more than two children alone. Steffy put herself in this situation mainly to impress Liam and get him back. The gamble worked. Bully for her.

It's not even like Liam is even there for her, though. Not really. It took months and months and months of Hope chipping away before he finally gave up and he's only just now settling in after spending God knows how long on Wyatt's couch.

It's as much of a victory as Brooke getting Ridge after Taylor's not!deaths. Probably less so because in his own way Ridge actually does care about Brooke and have common values. Steffy was, is, and will forever be the easy option in between time away from Hope and honestly, even a slattern like Steffy can do better.

12 hours ago, kathybgd said:

This repeating the same shit OVER and OVER day after day is so pathetic and frustrating  that I can't believe there are people actually sitting down writting these lines for the actors to say, let alone the actors having to say these lines over and over again

I can stand the stupidity and the bouncing back and forth between wives since I sat through the days when Bridge and Stephanie's nagging behind Bridge ate up a good chunk of the show to the point that we were begging for a teen scene to split the screen focus with.

But this writing is on a level of repetitive that only Secret Life of the American Teenager surpasses...and only barely so. And if I wanted to hear people yap their jowels about the same shit day in and day out I could've stayed in the Navy, got paid for the effort and gotten some far better drama than anything produced on daytime in a decade.

15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So tired of Hope's martyr act. I'm now starting to understand why a lot of B&B fans don't like her. She's kind of full of herself, no?

You think this was bad, you should've seen her all but jumping in anticipation of Steam splitting up after Steffy burned the first little Eggo Mini!

Overall, I enjoy this version of Hope more than the latter half of Matula's run, but this martyrdom on Steffy's behalf grates. And it irritates me even more having rewatched the 2012 season and seeing Hope call out Steffy's absolute bullshit for what it is.

It's one thing for a more mature Hope to put aside the past to encourage Liam to go to the first ultrasound. It's another thing entirely to just hand him over. 

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's one thing for a more mature Hope to put aside the past to encourage Liam to go to the first ultrasound. It's another thing entirely to just hand him over. 

Which is what Hope said she wasn't going to do.  Then when things once again get difficult, Hope bails, and tells Liam to go be with Steffy and the girls.  When the truth is finally revealed 1000 years from now, Hope will want Liam back.  As tired as I am of these three morons, I hate the blithering idiots who still haven't told the truth even more.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Zevim said:

Wow, Thomas is legit evil and psychotic. I don't think I've ever been this disgusted at a B&B character for a while, and that's saying a lot.

Yeah, he's an evil little rat bastard, but even worse are those three cowardly morons standing in front of him.  I want all four of them to be trapped in an elevator fire and die after the truth gets out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, he's an evil little rat bastard, but even worse are those three cowardly morons standing in front of him.  I want all four of them to be trapped in an elevator fire and die after the truth gets out.

Yeah, but we know that it won't happen. This is B&B where everyone gets away with their with their crimes. That's why I find Flo and Zoe's fears to be ridiculous. We have attempted murderers on the show, but have they seen a lick of jail time? They've already started the narrative the Flo is somehow a victim in all of this. Hell, they've even tried to make excuses for Reese despite him being the baby napper.

• Love 12

I wonder how the actors feel...same clothes, same lines...day after monotonous day!!!!😢

Good work if you can get it!

Geez, at this point several characters could be played by mannequins posed in different stances and locations with the dialogue added in voiceovers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, Zevim said:

Wow, Thomas is legit evil and psychotic. I don't think I've ever been this disgusted at a B&B character for a while, and that's saying a lot.

Yep. He's gone full Adam Newman. 

You never go full Adam Newman. 

Also, Flo can STFU with her righteous anger at Thomas for not telling. She could've ended all of this before "Beth" was buried but she didn't for a whole host of reasons that changes as often as I change shoes. Fuck her. 

God, I think I really will miss Xander after Zoe and/or Thomas deep sixes him. He's got a stronger moral compass than anyone in the Avant bloodline and certain far more than the rest of the Four Stooges. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

And Hope is stupid.  Her spidey senses are up, she knows the slimy rat bastard is creepy, especially after today when he sneaked up on her from behind. 

What's she going to do when she finds out he deleted Phobeth's picture?  Oh wait.  Thomas will lie and say someone else did it (Brooke?) and stupid Hope will believe it.   

When this mess is finally resolved, (hopefully before 2020), Liam should 1) not go back to Hope, 2) get his own damn place, and 3) be a father to his children like other men out here who are divorced fathers.   This is nothing new, men do it every day, Liam.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Meh, I don't think Liam decided so much to move on as Hope pushed him away (with an assist from Thomas) and thirsty Steffy was waiting with open arms.

Yo Xander. Hear tell two big companies from WI are in town and looking to expand their business in the LA area. They ain't scairt of big bad Tom. You have options.

Meanwhile, how much longer is Flo going to wear that horrendous outfit? This show is so unbelievably cheap.

I almost want to say Hope deserves whatever happens to her now at Thomas' hands. Almost. She's so broken and emotionally vulnerable she's pretty much letting herself be his victim. Ugh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I really wonder where wardrobe finds Flo's fugly ass sherbet-colored polyester one-piece clothes?  This mint number isn't the first of its kind that she's sported.  Well, it's the first that she's sported for so many days in a row!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I can only say “Shut Up” to every actor on this show. I truly cannot believe that people are actually paid real money to write this absolute bullshit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Thomas, a week ago:

”Dear God, thanks for killing Hope’s baby and my son’s mother so I finally have a way to get into Hope’s pants. ❤️

Thomas, today:

”Hi God. Thanks for making sociopaths steal and sell Hope’s baby so my sister has her token newborn ... while keeping Hope vulnerable and depressed enough to be w me. This gets better and better” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ridge acts concerned but inside he’s doing a snoopy dance. 

TIIC are trying to make it look like not even a day has passed this week by having everyone wear the same clothes. 

Thomas’ design is definitely not HFTF. It’s not In Hope’s image.  Speaking of HFTF, does anyone know what happened to the HFTF diamond?  

Thomas, you are an idiot trying to be a dictator in getting everyone to withhold the secret. I don’t think that Hope would be to happy with you either. Flo, tell Wyatt the truth and he will forgive you. If Wyatt finds out from someone else, he wouldn’t be likely.  

If I was Xander, I would piss on Thomas’s leg and tell Hope.  I think that Brooke will someway somehow take care of Thomas. I can see a major accident, in his future, now that Thomas has gone all Norman Bates.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

iSpeaking of HFTF, does anyone know what happened to the HFTF diamond?

Probably buried with whoever was investigating that guy Quinn murdered to get her hands on it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Another problem I have with this SL is Thomas is going to be the bad guy which he is, but all of these people had a million chances to tell Liam and Hope the truth before Thomas found out, and they didn't.  They are all bad guys.

The default for characters on this show seems to be pathetic, to stupid to live, selfish, or bad.

Spoiler

If Xander is murdered, I hope all of these people think the other guy did it, and they gaslight themselves into the madhouse.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Not sure why they turned the always bland and boring Thomas into Dr. Evil.  I think I'd like to see

Bill get up in his face for whatever reason.  The tough guy and the maniac.  OR, bring bring in Cray Mommy Taylor.  Actually, Taylor got what she wanted - Liam living there.  I'm ready for some Taylor mixing it up with the big adults.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Thomas is going to be the bad guy which he is, but all of these people had a million chances to tell Liam and Hope the truth before Thomas found out, and they didn't.  They are all bad guys.

I couldn't agree more.  So poor widdle Flo (and Zoe and Xander and Denise Richards) feels bad...obviously not bad enough to confess.

• Love 5