Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Your post, RuntheTable, is truly a thing of beauty.

Every single person in that room is living in a house made of glass so they had better get to duckin'.

As much as I adore LK and seeing Felicia again, I had to laugh when Eric called her out about when was the last time she dropped in on her dear old dad??? Hmmm? And seriously, Stephanie has been gone for almost four years (she died in Nov '12). It doesn't matter how much family stops by/spends time with him...he's not dead and he deserves love and happiness.

These lines from him: "You all can still measure your lives in decades. I can't do that anymore. What am I supposed to do? Die alone out of respect for her memory?" 

So very true...and heartbreaking.

God, they are such selfish brats that I could line them up and slap them silly. 

The banter with Ridge and Felicia was fun as she called him out for "act(ing) like the head of the family until something goes wrong" as was Rick's line about "Hey, I've got a laundry list of reasons we should burn Ridge at the stake." Um, a little hypocritical there, Rick, but still funny as hell. I would love to see Felicia and Thorne back on the show as I think they bring good balance to bulls in the china shop Ridge and Rick.

Case in point, Thorne caving and agreeing to stand up for Eric at the wedding and defending his choice by reminding Ridge that "life is short. Even love can't last forever. Ask me how I know. Maybe I just want my father to be happy."

Quinn and Puffy's conversation was also quite interesting. Quinn was as calm and rational as she has ever been while Steffy was left sputtering and spewing insults. One of my favorite exchanges was this:

Steffy: "If there is a wedding. Maybe my grandfather will come to his senses."

Quinn: "Or what? You're gonna cut him out of your life forever? Don't you realize this campaign to wipe me off the face of the earth is making shambles out of your life, not mine? First you walk out on your husband, then tomorrow the rest of your family? How righteously alone do you really want to be?"

And, really, Steffy, the line about rallying around him to keep Stephanie's memories alive? She and the rest of them (well, maybe not Thorne given his statement) truly expected him to just lay down and die right along next to her instead of enjoying the rest of his life (and being free at last!)? GTFO with that noise.

Although she did seem to have a moment of clarity when she remarked about Quinn "somehow, she makes it sound right and then I feel like I'm being heartless or selfish."

Bingo!

I loved that Quinn didn't bat one eyelash when Eric asked her to sign the pre-nup. 

I'm hoping that Eric doesn't sign the POA or, even better, he substitutes Quinn for Ridge. Let their heads spin then.

Go ahead and boycott the wedding, Ridge and minions. I'm sure you'll show them!

kvKXd.gif

I would love to see Thorne, Felicia, Rick, Maya, Pam and Brooke all in attendance and let Ridge and the Taytots stew somewhere else.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

That's why she sicced Clarke on Kristen after sampling him herself.  Stephanie just hadn't counted on Clarke actually developing feelings for her although he was dating her daughter.

Did Stephanie really pay for Clarke to be her gigolo first? I remember that one YouTube posted full episodes from 1987 and had just started with Clarke wooing Kristen before the videos were removed, but I found the clip of their breakup after that. 

• Love 3
Just now, Anna Yolei said:

Did Stephanie really pay for Clarke to be her gigolo first? I remember that one YouTube posted full episodes from 1987 and had just started with Clarke wooing Kristen before the videos were removed, but I found the clip of their breakup after that. 

IIRC, Stephanie had a brief fling with Clarke, but the remuneration came later when she paid him to "romance" Kristen.  Clarke was also an ambitious designer looking for the come up.

• Love 4

I get it, I really do. Eric's family is selfish. They are assholes. The thing is, they are not wrong. Quinn is batshit crazy. As soon as Eric makes a move she disagrees with, he's toast. That said I do wish they were more concerned about him, his personal safety, rather than the company but they were not going to get anywhere with that either, obviously. 

• Love 7

If any one was insane it was Stephanie.  Now I floved Susan Flannery's portrayal of Stephanie even while I hated the character.

But really has Quinn done anything** that Stephanie didn't do or wouldn't have done? Stephanie was all up in Ridge's life/love life forever. She hired a gigolo for her daughter.  She was chronically unfaithful to Eric (he did the same).  She aided and abetted Brooke's rape.  She spent nearly 30 years trying to keep Bridge apart (although true she never kidnapped anyone).  She manipulated her family and her husband through threats, bullying and fake illnesses for 30 years.  Not to mention the millions of mean and nasty things she said whenever she felt like it.

But here is where I see the difference between Stephanie and Quinn.  Stephanie was a Douglas. She had money, position and class.  Quinn is a hardscrabble single teenage mom with an awful childhood who had to make it on her own by her wits.  Her whole life has been focused on supporting Wyatt and herself. And I think trying to ensure that Wyatt had a better life than she did.

Stephanie used Daddy's D's money to start FC.  Quinn started her company with no support at all.

But ...... Stephanie is described as tough, fierce, determined, protective of her family, etc.  And Quinn is described as evil and insane.  Two halves of the same coin IMHO.

** Not that I'm excusing the heinous things Quinn has done -- nor Stephanie either

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 18

You know, this is where Liam for once would've been useful in attempting to reach out to Eric. He has no personal interest in FC and has had front row seats to the Quinnsanity, more so than any of the other hypocrites.

Speaking of, Liam has been notably, if not refreshingly absent in recent weeks. I wonder if Scott Clifton is doing another project? Or perhaps the show and CBS is getting serious about retooling? They did just can the most recent shit birds to squander Y&R with two people who worked under William Bell, so who knows. I have no beef with Clifton, but if he's gotten bored with playing this spineless jellyfish character and left at the end of his contract, I wouldn't blame him.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

If any one was insane it was Stephanie.  Now I floved Susan Flannery's portrayal of Stephanie even while I hated the character.

But really has Quinn done anything** that Stephanie didn't do or wouldn't have done? Stephanie was all up in Ridge's life/love life forever. She hired a gigolo for her daughter.  She was chronically unfaithful to Eric (he did the same).  She aided and abetted Brooke's rape.  She spent nearly 30 years trying to keep Bridge apart (although true she never kidnapped anyone).  She manipulated her family and her husband through threats, bullying and fake illnesses for 30 years.  Not to mention the millions of mean and nasty things she said whenever she felt like it.

But here is where I see the difference between Stephanie and Quinn.  Stephanie was a Douglas. She had money, position and class.  Quinn is a hardscrabble single teenage mom with an awful childhood who had to make it on her own by her wits.  Her whole life has been focused on supporting Wyatt and herself. And I think trying to ensure that Wyatt had a better life than she did.

Stephanie used Daddy's D's money to start FC.  Quinn started her company with no support at all.

But ...... Stephanie is described as tough, fierce, determined, protective of her family, etc.  And Quinn is described as evil and insane.  Two halves of the same coin IMHO.

** Not that I'm excusing the heinous things Quinn has done -- nor Stephanie either

Right but Stephanie being dead kind of makes it a non-issue to me. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

You know, this is where Liam for once would've been useful in attempting to reach out to Eric. He has no personal interest in FC and has had front row seats to the Quinnsanity, more so than any of the other hypocrites.

Speaking of, Liam has been notably, if not refreshingly absent in recent weeks. I wonder if Scott Clifton is doing another project? Or perhaps the show and CBS is getting serious about retooling? They did just can the most recent shit birds to squander Y&R with two people who worked under William Bell, so who knows. I have no beef with Clifton, but if he's gotten bored with playing this spineless jellyfish character and left at the end of his contract, I wouldn't blame him.

He told him everything as Eric asked what had happened and that's what initially made Eric consider ending it. And then Steffy threw her fit and attacked Quinn and Eric relented and never looked back. He's all in. So not even what she did to Liam affected Eric's thoughts on the matter which ::shrug:: it's Eric's life and he doesn't owe Liam anything.

I think SC's absence is a combo of he was frontloaded and featured heavily in the beginning of the year so they've had to back on using him a bit, delayed paternity leave and story reshuffling since Quinn is now bumped to the big kid's table with Eric. But yeah, you'd think he'd be hounding Steffy more and supposedly Ivy was brought back to woo him so maybe they are reconsidering plans for Liam. Probably getting punted to Katie/Liam. Katie's been MIA too (HT has outside projects) so with both of them out now, I'd expect to see them pick back up in time for November sweeps. Or hopefully they have another story/new woman for Liam that's nowhere near Quinn and helps to spread him into another story. It worked for Quinn swerving her into the Forresters. Sofer's gonna probably win an Emmy for her work.

As for leaving he just had a kid and there's only four soaps and his old role of Dillion Quartermaine is currently cast on GH so unless he goes to Y&R (no room for him) or DOOL (which is a mess) so until they dump him, may be best for him to stay where he is until they have him go the way of Oliver. Wyatt became Bill's spare adult son so he can afford to lose Liam if they decide to write him out.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

As for leaving he just had a kid and there's only four soaps

Who said anything about soaps? :p there's been quite a few daytime who have made it on TV and film, and he's far from the worst actor on this show.

I actually forgot his wife had given birth recently! Congrats to him. :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Who said anything about soaps? :p there's been quite a few daytime who have made it on TV and film, and he's far from the worst actor on this show.

I actually forgot his wife had given birth recently! Congrats to him. :)

Not knocking SC. Totally believe that he could make it in primetime if given a shot. He could easily slot into an NBC comedy or ABC or CW dramedy. But even with it being Peak TV  and a host of offerings on broadcast, cable, and streaming the roles that soap actors would get are going to the what normally would be B\C level actors squeezed out by the influx of movie and A+++ list TV stars taking their roles. Billy Miller stays in daytime with outs in his contract for a reason. It is rough! 

Back to topic! I felt for Eric with no one showing up for the wedding a teensy bit but not for Quinn. Oddly, I think that even after Quinn's threatening her, Aly would've shown up for the wedding to support her grandfather. Then again if Aly were alive this wedding wouldn't be happening because once she told Eric that Quinn nearly flipped her over a railing, that might've cooled his jets a little bit. 

Its a bit convenient that most of Quinn's victims - Deacon, Aly, Liam- are MIA so as not to sully the Quinn's redeemed halo aura. Ivy is oddly going with the program for no logical reason except Quinn needs a legit girlfriend since Deacon can't lurk around the Forrester manse.

Unfortunately, Ridge's gamble only alienates Eric even more and pushes him deeper into Quinn's bosom. And gives Quinn what she feels is a legit reason to gun for them at an opportune time. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

Bravo to RuntheTable! Excellent post.

9 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Your post, RuntheTable, is truly a thing of beauty.

Thanks to both of you. I love it when the show pisses me off because I know the board will light up!

6 hours ago, La di Diva said:

She was chronically unfaithful to Eric

Yes, and mostly with Ridge.

She spent nearly 30 years trying to keep Bridge apart (although true she never kidnapped anyone).  She manipulated her family and her husband through threats, bullying and fake illnesses for 30 years.  Not to mention the millions of mean and nasty things she said whenever she felt like it.

No, but she did stalk them down to Big Bear and attempt to kill them. And show up with pills that would miscarry her grandchild. And show up at Brooke's with a gun; telling Brooke to kill herself.

This!

6 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Right but Stephanie being dead kind of makes it a non-issue to me. 

I could only agree with this if Quinn were not being measured by Stephanie's legacy. The fambly making it about how great Stephanie was makes her actions very relevant.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

She was chronically unfaithful to Eric

55 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Yes, and mostly with Ridge.

Bazinga!

By all means, stop the canonization of Saint Stephanie. I love Susan Flannery, but Satanie sucks and so does her Mini-me Steffy, and comparing Quinn to her does neither any favors.

• Love 12

Hey, Wyatt!  I get you trying to be the dutiful noble husband and all ... but that "rhymes with punt" you're married to doesn't deserve you're "standing by her." The bitch walked out on YOU!  And ... she's left you twisting in the wind for HOW long now? If I'd been Wyatt, I'd have been "see you later, Puffles" and left. He could have been there to support his mother and possibly stood up for Eric to boot.  Both Wyatt and Ivy are classy and mature enough to have been able to put their difference aside for a few hours.

OTOH, Wyatt abandoning command central would have supplied Steffy with the last bit of ammo she needed to end her sham marriage once and for all. Traitor: Be gone!

Sludge's behavior today reminded me of those drug-themed movies where the desperate head of the cartel has a room full of hostages under siege -- barking out orders -- while the feds are cocking the rifles.

There's something about a 50-ish woman still whining "Daddy," that just hits me wrong. Lookin' at you, Felicia.  I thought Thorne looked pretty good, but next to slovenly Ridge, it isn't too hard to shine.

• Love 14

Ivy is the only Forrester that Quinn ever did anything to, yet she is at the wedding! Felicia and Thorne were particularly pathetic kowtowing to Ridge. YOU'RE NOT GOING! Why couldn't they grow a pair and tell him to STFU then walk out the door. Isn't Thorne sick of bending over and holding his ankles for Ridge?

• Love 17

Fuck Ridge, Fuck Steffy, and Fuck the horse they rode in on. Who the Fuck died and left him boss?  Fuck the rest of the family for being spineless pieces of shit for listening to Ridge and Steffy. In essence, they are holding the family emotionally hostage from doing what Ridge and Steffy think is the right thing. I said this before and I'll say it again, they don't give a Flying Fuck about Eric's happiness. They want everybody to be as miserable as they are.  Hey Ridge, why is it ok for Brooke to marry Bill, the man you hate and hates you but it's not ok for Eric to marry Quinn?  Didn't Bill dump you out of a helicopter and almost kill you?  Yet Quinn has done nothing directly to you.  I get it.  Brooke marring Bill is a direct benefit for you and Eric marring Quinn is detrimental to your well being.

• Love 21

I'm watching the last two shows right now, and sheesh, those Forresters are a bunch of wankers. Thank dog Eeyore isn't there right now. If he were, my TV would be in danger.

Fuck Steffy. I hate that selfish heifer, and it's extended to Ridge's raggedy ass. Fucking dirty hippie needs to have several seats, preferably in a tub of hot, soapy water to lather, rinse, repeat. Bitches, both of 'em. I've never wanted to take a baseball bat to fictional characters before, but if I could...

Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt. I know Puffles is your 'wife', but turning your back on your mother for some plastic, botoxed badussy is not gonna work out for you in the long run. Just saying.

Damn if JMC and RS aren't working this storyline like a pre-Christmas sale. My love for them as performers has me literally talking mad shit to all the other characters like they can hear me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Monday's show, and it's all because of Quinn and Eric.

I. Hate. Steffy. And her stank ass daddy, too.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 17

Yeah, TK was one of the reasons I started watching this show and now just seeing him onscreen ticks me off.  He needs to have some words with the writers because I'm starting to hate Ridge and TK both... 

I seriously hope they are keeping Brooke out the mix so she can come to Eric's rescue but am starting to think I'm overestimating this show.   

• Love 11

TK IS the reason I started watching this show, but I really don't like Ridge - he's an ass.  I'm not enjoying seeing TK on my screen playing such an overbearing windbag. I haven't enjoyed watching him with any of the women on the show, though I think he and Rena Sofer might set off some sparks. I don't really get the personal comments leveled at him on this board about his appearance, though - seems kind of unfair and unwarranted.

I haven't been to LA in years, but I do remember there being many, MANY cars there and much traffic.  So how do these people get from one place to another so fast?  Steffy must have ridden her broom from her grandfather's house to the Forrester offices on Thursdays' (?) episode.

• Love 11

I know Quinn's history makes it hard to root for her.  I hated the first tear-down of the character with Liam's kidnapping/rape but the second reset has been working for me.  (I loved Quinn/Deacon though and still miss psycho Quinn a little.)  All that said, RS had me a little choked up at the end of yesterday's show and I pretty much hate all the entitled jerks who hurt Eric like that.  

Quinn told the truth loud and clear when she said Steffy was only hurting Eric and Wyatt. It was clear enough that it almost penetrated that nitwit's tiny little brain. Ugh. Can someone save me a seat at the "I. Hate. Steffy" table? 

ETA:  Ivy at the end had an odd expression on her face.  Not sure if it was the actress just not into the scene or if it was a glimpse into Ivy's true feelings. I guess we'll see...

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 10

Yeah, I think at some point we have to just roll with the retcon punches. So, okay. Liam and Steffy were robbed (even though he'd dumped her), Thomas is a reformed playboy (not rapist). At least accepting Quinn's suddenly reduced insanity is giving us great acting.

Can we just change the name of the topic to "We Hate Steffy" now?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, tessaray said:

Yeah, TK was one of the reasons I started watching this show and now just seeing him onscreen ticks me off.  He needs to have some words with the writers because I'm starting to hate Ridge and TK both... 

2 hours ago, maisie said:

TK IS the reason I started watching this show, but I really don't like Ridge - he's an ass.

This is classic Ridge, and for those of us who suffered through the Ronn Moss years, none of this comes as any surprise. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

This is classic Ridge, and for those of us who suffered through the Ronn Moss years, none of this comes as any surprise. 

Valid point. I think that's part of my problem with TK's Ridge. As much as I hate Steffy, I buy-in to JMW's portrayal, wretched as it may be. Not so with TK; in fact, it's quite the opposite. With him, most of the time all I see is a talented actor tossing off lines but not connecting to the character as written, or even trying to. I wish he had come on board as someone other than Ridge. Le sigh.

Tessaray, there's always room at the "I.Hate.Steffy." table. The more, the merrier. And if you can't say anything nice, come sit by me.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Ugh. Can someone save me a seat at the "I. Hate. Steffy" table?

We ran out of seats at the table a long time ago.  However, we have permanently rented out a banquet hall and there are plenty of seats available.  They are going more quickly than Adele tickets so reserve yours ASAP. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Valid point. I think that's part of my problem with TK's Ridge. As much as I hate Steffy, I buy-in to JMW's portrayal, wretched as it may be. Not so with TK; in fact, it's quite the opposite. With him, most of the time all I see is a talented actor tossing off lines but not connecting to the character as written, or even trying to. I wish he had come on board as someone other than Ridge. Le sigh.

Tessaray, there's always room at the "I.Hate.Steffy." table. The more, the merrier. And if you can't say anything nice, come sit by me.

This. I think that's why I dislike TK so much as Ridge. I know that I am one who is overly critical about his appearance. I don't think he's an unattractive man, but definitely not my cup of tea and YMMV in taste in men.  It goes without saying that he has superior acting chops to his predecessor. What bugs me, is as Bittersweet pointed out is that it doesn't seem that in the past what 2-3 years now (?) that he has embraced the role. I almost feel like he took the job because it was a high-profile opportunity, but instead of tweaking the character, he took the ball and ran as far as he could in the opposite direction, yet at the same time, seems to be giving lip service, if that makes any sense.  I'm not suggesting that he become RM 2.0, but at least meet us halfway.  For starters, at least try to look more the part. A haircut, consistently clean hair and neat, stylish clothes would be a huge improvement and be more in character.  A little kindness and charm every now and then would go a long way, too.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Hey Ridge, why is it ok for Brooke to marry Bill, the man you hate and hates you but it's not ok for Eric to marry Quinn?  Didn't Bill dump you out of a helicopter and almost kill you?  Yet Quinn has done nothing directly to you.  I get it.  Brooke marring Bill is a direct benefit for you and Eric marring Quinn is detrimental to your well being.

I'm just sorry that Bill didn't succeed.  I hate that scummy, trifling piece of shit with the heat of a thousand suns!  I don't even care who's playing him at this point.  The character has always been conceited, smug, and has tried to take Eric's seat since the show's inception.  He and Eric had different philosophies regarding Forrester's collections, i.e. Eric's classic and elegant designs versus Ridge's desire for sexier designs.  He is an entitled jackass who is not even a good businessman.  It's fascinating that no one has reminded Ridge and Stuffy that Bill was able to take over the company while Ridge was in charge.

20 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I think that's why I dislike TK so much as Ridge. I know that I am one who is overly critical about his appearance. I don't think he's an unattractive man, but definitely not my cup of tea and YMMV in taste in men.  It goes without saying that he has superior acting chops to his predecessor. What bugs me, is as Bittersweet pointed out is that it doesn't seem that in the past what 2-3 years now (?) that he has embraced the role. I almost feel like he took the job because it was a high-profile opportunity, but instead of tweaking the character, he took the ball and ran as far as he could in the opposite direction, yet at the same time, seems to be giving lip service, if that makes any sense.  I'm not suggesting that he become RM 2.0, but at least meet us halfway.  For starters, at least try to look more the part. A haircut, consistently clean hair and neat, stylish clothes would be a huge improvement and be more in character.  A little kindness and charm every now and then would go a long way, too.

At the risk of piling on, I have had a very difficult time accepting TK in this role.  It's not as if RM was Laurence Olivier, but he at least looked the part of a couture designer.  He was usually well groomed and cared about how he look.   It was easy to buy that he was quite the playboy who had a way with women.  I could see why the nickname "Logan" would float Brooke's boat.  I just don't see it with TK's version of Ridge; having him call Brooke by that pet name now rings hollow and it should have been retired when TK took over the role.  The other thing that should have been retired is the ping-ponging between Brooke and Ridge, where she's supposed to simply accept that he will move on with with someone else while he interferes with her relationships.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

The other thing that should have been retired is the ping-ponging between Brooke and Ridge, where she's supposed to simply accept that he will move on with with someone else while he interferes with her relationships.

The near instant death of Bridge has been on the top of a very short list of things I enjoyed about TK! Ridge in the role. And now TIIC are teasing that rubbish again. Ugh.

• Love 3

At the risk of piling on, I have had a very difficult time accepting TK in this role.  It's not as if RM was Laurence Olivier, but he at least looked the part of a couture designer.  He was usually well groomed and cared about how he look.   It was easy to buy that he was quite the playboy who had a way with women.

Completely agree.  TK is convincing as Ridge only when he is channeling the character's worst traits.  I find his yelling scenes, his explosions of temper and self-pity, to be very convincing. HOWEVER.  The change in Ridge's grooming, dress, and hair is so drastic with this recast that it makes everything he does wrong.  You can't change a bedrock characteristic without addressing it -- that's lazy and unjustified!  Ridge was always a peacock; he wouldn't just stop being that way because it's a Tuesday. 

And I know there have been worse recasts; at least TK hits the right notes when it comes to being a raging entitled asshole.  But his physical presence is wrong wrong wrong and it makes it impossible for me to take him seriously as Ridge. 

P.S.  Kudos for the name "Ridgepen".  Perfect!

• Love 13

All of the above plus his awkward bumbling, almost adolescent behavior around women he's interested in. RM's Ridge could seduce any woman with a sideways glance. Not this guy. That clumsy way he tried to pull Brooke onto his lap last week had me in hysterics! OK. I'll shut up now.  Yes, I do agree, that TK slays the entitled asshole behavior down to a T. (K -- hardy har! har!) I couldn't really picture RM growling "Stay put! Motherrrrrr wouldn't stand for it!" (about attending the wedding) from behind Eric's desk.  So I suppose we have to take the good (fair) with the bad ...

• Love 8

The only time I ever saw RM acting was on clips on "The Soup."  TK is a much better actor, I believe - but the dreck that passes for writing on this show is hardly a showcase for anyone's acting skills.  It's the same dialogue, repeated over and over, ad nauseum.  I've been watching soaps for 40 years, and this one is easily the worst one - little character development, lots of standing around repeating the same dribble.  You can see any plot movement coming from a mile away. 

I do think TK is the kind of actor that you can tell when he's not happy with what he's saying.  He and Alicia Minshew had amazing chemistry on AMC, and he put his all into so many scenes with her - you couldn't take your eyes off of them. He especially was sex on a stick. Then he would be put in a relationship with a different actress and his acting changed, and usually not for the better. He used to write his own dialogue sometimes, and it was really obvious - usually for the better.

I honestly don't think they have found anyone on the show now who should be with Ridge.  He needs a new playmate so he won't be so obsessed with his father's life.  Bring in some actress nearer to his age - the show definitely needs some new characters anyways.

Where is Deacon???  When is he going to start slipping in the Forrester mansion to put the moves on married Quinn?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, maisie said:

I do think TK is the kind of actor that you can tell when he's not happy with what he's saying. 

Isn't that the very definition of a bad actor? And someone not doing their job well? Why should that be acceptable? Should we all do our jobs poorly if we don't agree with a system we're asked to follow or a manager that we don't like? What about the actors' creed of "the show must go on"? As members of the audience no one should be able to discern what the actor thinks of the material or his role or anything behind the scenes.

Where is Deacon???  When is he going to start slipping in the Forrester mansion to put the moves on married Quinn?

You mean like he did with Jackie and Massimo?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Isn't that the very definition of a bad actor? And someone not doing their job well? Why should that be acceptable? Should we all do our jobs poorly if we don't agree with a system we're asked to follow or a manager that we don't like? What about the actors' creed of "the show must go on"? As members of the audience no one should be able to discern what the actor thinks of the material or his role or anything behind the scenes.

Agreed. I hated it when actors were doing this on Y&R, and I hate it now. That's one thing that I'm confident that Ronn Moss never did....in an interview he gave before leaving, he didn't hesitate in saying that the Ridge/Bridget story was his least favorite, but he definitely sold the hell outta that pairing...and I respect that he chose to walk rather than sleepwalk through his lines like Eric Braeden does or sulk for making less money.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Word to the above two posts.  I get tired of reading about temperamental petulant actors/actresses who whine and sulk about the SLs. I know it's probably teeth-gritting and frustrating when dealt the hand of crap writing that seems to be doled out quite heavily these days.  However, that is their job. I guess the example that stands out in my mind is Adam Gregory refusing to do a gay SL because it offended his religious beliefs or something along those lines. Well, maybe he should have chosen a different profession. Look at some of the shit SLs KKL gets stuck with and she keeps her held held high and does the best that she can with them.

I assume that TK had ample opportunity to watch B&B present and past before accepting the role of Ridge. He saw the different actresses that he'd most likely be paired with and got a feel for the types of SLs written for Ridge. It's not like he went in blindfolded. Or, at least I hope he did some character due diligence and it purely wasn't a monetary or "fan grab" decision ... Not giving 100% just because your current leading lady doesn't fit into your age specs or you don't like your lines doesn't really fly.

Well at least right now, he seems to be sticking around for shooting. This is appears to be the longest stretch of SL with Ridge-pen front and center that I believe we've had since TK first appeared.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

Why were those fools dressed up if they weren't going to the wedding? That was a punk bitch ass move Thorne. Agreeing to be the best man and then not showing up

It was definitely a bitch move, and so disappointing. Guess Thorne will stop being Ridge's butt boy around 10 minutes to never.

I'm spoiler-free, so here's my guess: somehow Eric will see the idiot Forresters in their finery,  there'll be a confrontation, Ridge will be hella dismissive to Quinn, Eric will blow a gasket, end up in the hospital, and they'll all blame Quinn when it's their own damn fault.

I.Hate.Eh, the line is growing.

• Love 11

Thank goodness for the church giggles many of the above posts have given me - RuntheTable, your zinger about Stephanie being unfaithful to Eric...with Ridge...wins the internet.

Because otherwise, what I saw on Friday is making me want to round you up and storm BB's house ala this:

pitchforks.gif

Seriously, WTF to everyone (well, except Ridgepen) being dressed to the nines only to boycott. And an extra "shame on you!" to Charlie and Pam for getting Eric's hopes up when they momentarily grew a set and showed up only to literally slip out the backdoor, thereby handing over said balls to Fridge (and yes, he's FauxRidge again) and his handmaiden. 

Thorne, you little pussy. Why he should feel any loyalty to a man who slept with his incapacitated wife (the reasoning being, apparently, he was taking too long making the world's biggest sandwich), propositioned another wife (Brooke) because he could, and insulted his now-dead wife at every opportunity (Darla) is beyond me. Not to mention the overwhelming favortism Fridge enjoyed as Stephanie's firstborn, which I'm sure had a lot to do with Thorne always being relegated to the basement or FC International. Favortism that clearly impacted Kristen and Felicia as well. And who was there for them when Stephanie was too busy with Ridge? That's right. Their father. Eric. 

The fact that they are cowering against Ridge and his harpy daughter shows they don't give a damn about him. Not enough to stand up to these two bullies. Rick has no excuse either and isn't it ironic that he's every inch the willing bowing and scraping peasant to King Fridge instead of supporting the father who has always supported and loved him - even when he's done awful things.  Maya, really? She of all people should know what it's like to have people against you and honey, you will never ever be the Forrester matriarch. Not while the ghost of Stephanie lingers. Although I wish the portrait of the rape instigator would fall into the lit fireplace and burn to a crisp.

Loathe Quinn or not, it isn't about her. It's about Eric and while they are busily burning the house down, they forget that they and Eric are on the inside. Whether he marries Quinn or not, the damage, IMO, is irreparable. 

I can only hope that the wedding does, in fact, take place, and if Eric does have some medical issue because of being stabbed in the heart and the back, that as his wife and (hopefully) POA, Quinn hold all the cards and nails these MoFos to the wall.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Rick has no excuse either and isn't it ironic that he's every inch the willing bowing and scraping peasant to King Fridge instead of supporting the father who has always supported and loved him - even when he's done awful things. 

Yep, this is what I especially don't get. Rick actually siding with Ridge when this is the perfect opportunity for Rick to score major points with Eric. And as far as Quinn is concerned, Rick (and Maya) I would expect not to give a flip what she did to Liam or Ivy.  Rick's eye would be on protecting Forrester and if he was as smart as he thinks he is he'd realize that the family interests would be protected if the family covered all their bases and had Ridge playing the bad cop with another brother, namely him, playing the good cop to stay in Eric's good graces so Quinn is not the only person he's listening to.

I still hope Ivy is playing a long con. Stay close to Quinn to keep an eye on her for her Uncle Eric.

I don't think the damage is irreparable as these people have very short attention spans. Bill did some heinous crap to Katie and they're on good terms now when there was a point in their marriage when she would've been justified in burning Spencer Publications to the ground. Or at least torched his clothes and cars 'Waiting to Exhale' style.

• Love 9

I don't know that I'm willing to say Katie and Bill are on good terms - yet (case in point, her scenes of fishing for a Bridge reunion, presumably to stick it to Bill) but I can agree that people do have (writer-induced) miniscule attention spans.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

23 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Agreed. I hated it when actors were doing this on Y&R, and I hate it now. That's one thing that I'm confident that Ronn Moss never did....in an interview he gave before leaving, he didn't hesitate in saying goes the Ridge/Bridget story was his least favorite, but he definitely sold the hell outta that pairing...and I respect that he chose to walk rather than sleepwalk through his lines like Eric Braeden does or sulk for making less money.

So much WORD to this!  Susan Flannery said in an interview years ago that it was not her job to dictate storyline direction to the writers, etc.  It was her job to act.  Years ago, Hunter Tylo came under fire because she went on record talking about her "contract clauses," which were put in place after she and her ex-husband, Michael, became born again.  Taylor couldn't be shown in a bad light; there would be no divorce from Ridge; Taylor would be the only one to have Ridge's children (after which Bridget's paternity was changed).  However, I blame TIIC for agreeing to go along with it.

KKL has had some turkeys thrown her way, and the Brooke character is very polarizing and has been for years.  A few years ago, things got so bad during the Brooke/Taylor wars onscreen that fans reportedly screamed at KKL ("Leave Taylor alone, you bitch!") when she was enjoying a family outing.  Frankly, I don't know how she does it.  I remember reading that she had some reservations about doing the Deacon storyline, after SK approached Brad Bell about wanting to work with her.  However, as she later stated, BB assured her that he had confidence in her ability to make it work.  There are also tales of other actors like Susan Lucci and Eileen Fulton being physically attacked by rabid fans who can't tell the difference between real life and "reel" life.

It is infuriating however when actors make demands or use their fanbases to lobby on their behalf.  I have seen storyline direction change abruptly because of those demands.   There was a time when we, the fans, weren't privy to salary negotiations or other contract disputes.  Once that started to happen, we were then made aware that a certain character was going to be "killed off" only to have said character resurface 2-3 years later as an amnesiac, a prisoner in a harem or a doppelganger. 

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Rick has no excuse either and isn't it ironic that he's every inch the willing bowing and scraping peasant to King Fridge instead of supporting the father who has always supported and loved him - even when he's done awful things. 

Shows used to be smarter than this. And as TobinAlbers mentioned, this is the opportunity he's been waiting for to get a leg up on Ridge. I don't believe for a moment that his relationship with Hope means nearly as much as a chance to fuck Ridge over.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Years ago, Hunter Tylo came under fire because she went on record talking about her "contract clauses," which were put in place after she and her ex-husband, Michael, became born again.  Taylor couldn't be shown in a bad light; there would be no divorce from Ridge; Taylor would be the only one to have Ridge's children (after which Bridget's paternity was changed).  However, I blame TIIC for agreeing to go along with it.

WTF?! I'm kinda surprised that was allowed, given that Bell showed Terry Lester the door for similar diva behavior on Y&R. 

The instant feedback can be an instrument of good (such as the abrupt direction change from that horrendous Liam/Quinn story or back when the producers of ATWT were skittish of letting Luke and Noah do more than hold hands for most of the 2007-08 season), but you're right that it's also forced some stories that need not have happened (see also: Daniel Goddard's continued employment on Y&R)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Loathe Quinn or not, it isn't about her. It's about Eric and while they are busily burning the house down, they forget that they and Eric are on the inside. Whether he marries Quinn or not, the damage, IMO, is irreparable. 

I can only hope that the wedding does, in fact, take place, and if Eric does have some medical issue because of being stabbed in the heart and the back, that as his wife and (hopefully) POA, Quinn hold all the cards and nails these MoFos to the wall.

Believe it or not, I spent part of Saturday afternoon watching vintage B&B shows, including Stephanie and Sally's epic battles, the fashion show aboard the Queen Mary and Sheila's battles with Stephanie.  Man, the writing was so much better back then!  Even the use of music.  Not to mention the clothes and jewelry.

But, I digress.  Now, with all due respect, Quinn reached Sheila levels of batshit craziness a good while ago.  The only difference is that the writers made an effort to show Sheila being "treated" by James, whom she held captive and ultimately became impregnated by.  Plus, Sheila actually saw the inside of a jail cell whereas Quinn is like the energizer bunny.  She just keeps going, and going, and going.  That's because the writers are hacks who are too lazy to slowly develop the characters or to take their time telling a compelling story.  Back in the day, the writers did an excellent job of using Sheila's history from Y&R and seamlessly incorporating it into B&B.  They actually brought on Sheila's Genoa City nemesis, Lauren Fenmore, to expose Sheila for the fraud and criminal she was.  The writing kept fans on the edge of their seats because we were anxious to see if Lauren would get there in time, or if she would even be believed by someone other than Stephanie (who had her own agenda).  Sheila's threatening behavior evolved over time, particularly where Stephanie was concerned.  When she threatened Stephanie to stay out of her business or she would be sorry, even the old dragon looked scared.  Those of us who watched Sheila's reign of terror on Y&R were also left wondering if she had really changed because of Eric, or was she simply a gold digger looking for a sponsor.  Eric's family had every reason to be concerned, and it wasn't this over-the-top nonsense we see now where everyone has their pitchforks out and want to burn Quinn at the stake.

This is where the writing on this show suffers.  It's so heavy-handed and lacks any nuance.  Are we actually supposed to root for Eric's progeny?  I don't believe for one second that Quinn has changed, but her past crimes and misdemeanors are being used against her by people she didn't actually hurt and whose own fecal matter stink.   Sheila's storyline worked because she actually did hurt Lauren in numerous ways and it made perfect sense that she would want to warn the others.  Even more glaring is Brooke's absence from this storyline beyond her getting those damned shares so that Ridge-Pen can sit his funky arse in Eric's chair without objection.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 13

Okay, now I'm really worried about Eric and John McCook's status on the show. This story has been happening at lightning speed and all I can think is that they're giving the show's patriarch one last hurrah/Emmy run before Eric's shocking death. McCook will confirm in a post Friday show shocker interview like they did with Aly's death that the actress is leaving.

Quinn is now legally a Forrester and will have his shares AND I'd bet money she's carrying the next heir. And once Eric is gone she'll have nothing holding her back from unleashing holy hell on the family for making Eric's last days so sad and 'stealing' away their future.

Ridge will bear the burden of emotionally contributing to his father's death. Rick will vow revenge on Ridge for taking away his father.

Brooke will be a wild card - embrace Quinn or rally to protect Forrester?

In a way though, the static the family has given Quinn is in a way the karmic payback for all her scheming and crap she pulled on Deacon and Liam. Now she knows how it feels to have someone interfering in her life just because they can/want to/think they know better and trying to take away her happiness. She was fortunate that Eric didn't give a fig and could keep his family at bay and he married her anyway. 

Now it seems the reason the law didn't get her is TPTB realized her punishment would come in the form of Steffy and The Forresters. The thing is she doesn't get that she's reaping what she sowed. Had she stayed out of Bill/Brooke, Wyatt, Hope, Steffy, and Liam's business, and not taken such drastic, physical, criminal actions no one would have boo to say to her about her behavior. Had she taken her second, third, and fourth chances after Wyatt convinced Bill and Liam to not punish her or when she married Deacon, she wouldn't have built of up all this bad will.  She's trying to grab her happiness by piggybacking on Eric to give it to her when she hasn't done anything to earn it.

And if the plot turns in the direction I think it will, Quinn still won't see that in a large way she brought all this on herself. The irony is that in securing Steffy for Wyatt by kidnapping Liam, she created the one enemy in Steffy to make her life hell but in the unintended way that Quinn actually grew feelings for another person and when they hurt, she hurt but that person's family happened to be people she screwed over and her whole 'Water under the bridge' crap wasn't gonna fly anymore. The Forresters' finally took a stand (in the most obnoxious way possible) and Quinn is finally feeling a bit of the burn.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

WTF?! I'm kinda surprised that was allowed, given that Bell showed Terry Lester the door for similar diva behavior on Y&R. 

The instant feedback can be an instrument of good (such as the abrupt direction change from that horrendous Liam/Quinn story or back when the producers of ATWT were skittish of letting Luke and Noah do more than hold hands for most of the 2007-08 season), but you're right that it's also forced some stories that need not have happened (see also: Daniel Goddard's continued employment on Y&R)

That's because Terry Lester reportedly broke an unspoken cardinal rule:  He complained about the amount of airtime being given to Princess Lauralee Bell.

I agree that instant feedback from the fans can help or hurt a show.  I remember when the "Ridget" nonsense was universally panned especially after Bradley stubbornly dug in and said that that mess could work if "done right."  Even his own mother, the co-creator of Y&R, publicly spoke out against it.  And, just like that, "Ridget" died with nary a whimper.  Except it did considerable damage to Ridge as a character for a lot of former Bridgies like myself and we never wanted him anywhere near Brooke again.

Don't even get me started on the waste of space that is Cane on Y&R!  I think what riled up fans was TIIC's plan to kill off Lily, who was the only African American female legacy character on the show by then.  Nor did it help that when Bradley's sister-in-law took over the reins of that show, Kneel and his family found themselves confined to TBSL (the Black Storyline) and had little interaction with the rest of the cast.  Lily and Cane's fans expressed their displeasure and loudly.  It was too cruel to not only give poor Lily cancer, but she wouldn't be able to have any babeeees, and they were getting rid of her huzzzzzbinn.  I also read somewhere that Daniel Goddard literally went crying to TPTB when he learned of his character's fate.  The next thing I knew, Cane (whom we all saw gunned down in a rip-off of The Godfather) was actually alive.  Mess!

• Love 7

I entirely agree with the last two posts.

The worst part of this for me? I don't think Quinn has learned a damn thing about not interfering. She's still trying to push Ivy with Liam instead of telling Wyatt to grow a pair and find another wife, because God forbid someone actually date for longer than the life cycle of a fruit fly before getting engaged. And now doubt she'll ramp that up once SC returns from his paternity leave.

As MuelletorHater said, though,B&B is just sooooo unsubtle. It's one thing if Steffy and Ridge sit the wedding out, but what reason do the rest of them have to support Ridge? 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I think what riled up fans was TIIC's plan to kill off Lily, who was the only African American female legacy character on the show by then.

As a Y&R viewer, killing that annoying, irritating twit would've made up for the other slaughterings MAB committed (Oh hi there Diane, Brad, Colleen and Ricky). As it is, I can settle for her only breeding one time.

As a black woman: WTF were they thinking? Why was this even considered? There were plenty of other character's to give infertility to instead of Drucilla's only offspring. Fuck, why wasn't this plot saved for Summer?!

Okay, back to B&B: I'd laugh if Quinn was knocked up by Eric (I'm sure he got snipped before Donna, but like Steffy's fertility, it can be overturned). Then they'd never be rid of her!

• Love 6