Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So when are rainbows and unicorns going to fly out of Maya's ass? I need a new story. The canonization of Maya has gone on long enough.

I cannot get over that no one that supposedly cares about Aly hasn't been on the phone with Thorne to tell him to get his ass home like yesterday especially her uncles.

• Love 11

It's going to take all week for Aly to blow her stack, isn't it? Clearly Aly has never seen pictures of her mother, who did not dress conservatively. There's nothing wrong with how Darla dressed, imo, but Aly acts like she was prim and proper. And Aly is transphobic now? The hell?

I hate the way Steffy got all pointy at the end of the fashion show. I do not like people who point excessively.

The fashion show was pretty good compared to the cheap affairs of the past few years. The dresses were lovely for the most part.

Lemon squares! They're really digging for filler material so they can drag out this Aly/Steffy stuff.

• Love 7

Ugh! I tuned in Aly's long-awaited hurricane of retribution, as foretold by Floating Head Darla in her many disguises. Instead, more syrupy-sweet adoration for Mayawful. Somebody wake me when the mayhem starts.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm starting to think that it's one of Maya's parents who will die here.  

Doubtful IMO. Speaking of Maya's parents, what is it with the Bell family and "all black people are poor" narrative. Granted the midwest isn't a haven for black people (especially now) but you mean to tell me that neither Vivienne nor Julius can scrounge up some sort of job for themselves besides limo driver and that he would have been content to stay a limo driver for all these years? There's such a thing as moving up in the company, or is that not a factor in America?

Now we have yet one more black character enamoured of the Forrester lifestyle and with the potential to be called "golddigger" Fabulous. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean you should be retrofitted for dollar signs in your eyes, this isn't a road runner cartoon. Or is it? Then there's Nicole who dropped out of school in COMPUTER PROGRAMMING (one of the most lucrative jobs out there) to be an intern at a fashion house? The fuck? If the girl has the skills to HACK INTO A PRISON, can they not put her to work on something with a little more potential then modelling or xeroxing? Terrible.

To date Carter has been the only gainfully employed, middle-upper class black character and he can't get a date to save his life. C'mon Bell, I'm all for Zende and Nicole but Nic needs to go back to school and Papa Avant needs to have employment other than a limo driver. How many tropes can you hit in one go? Is this a Travelling Carnival game or what? I realize that we're all coming to terms with the fact that America's Dad is a sociopath but that doesn't mean the Huxtables have to go back to being some unattainable myth only reached by Obamas and Shondaland characters.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 15

Did Aly even know her mother? Darla wasn't this huge Forrester family member that was respected or was classy. LOL She was Darla, she was trashy the entire time at Spectra. She was more Steffy than anything.

• Love 6

Does Charlie actually own any clothes other than his security guard uniform? Can't Pam at least get him some old samples from last season's mens line?

I really loved Maya's dress (which I assume was the showstopper) and the overall 20's flapper vibes but I have to say I'm pretty disappointed about the way people dress on this show. The only one even remotely flamboyant in his clothing is Rick (which I've learned to appreciate because I was groomed on Chuck Bass) but everyone else is fairly wallpaper. I'd even be happy if Steffy, Ivy or Maya went all haute couture , wiling out in some crazy get-ups day to day or at least threw at little Rihanna or Kat Graham into their looks. Everybody's just so basic in how they dress. How is this a fashion house? Now that Ridge is finally grooming can we take it a step further...please?

• Love 1

Now we have yet one more black character enamoured of the Forrester lifestyle and with the potential to be called "golddigger" Fabulous. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean you should be retrofitted for dollar signs in your eyes, this isn't a road runner cartoon. Or is it? Then there's Nicole who dropped out of school in COMPUTER PROGRAMMING (one of the most lucrative jobs out there) to be an intern at a fashion house? The fuck? If the girl has the skills to HACK INTO A PRISON, can they not put her to work on something a little more potential then modelling or xeroxing?

I've decided that Nicole lied about everything on her first visit to Maya, just for sanity's sake.

To be fair, the Midwest has had a lot of people end up under water in their mortgages and quite a few are still are, especially if an area lost jobs or never had prices recover.  So I can kind of buy cash-strapped.  And in areas where the old jobs disappeared, service jobs replaced them.  And ageism really is a thing.  (Not that I'm defending the writing choices.)

• Love 5
(edited)

I've decided that Nicole lied about everything on her first visit to Maya, just for sanity's sake.

To be fair, the Midwest has had a lot of people end up under water in their mortgages and quite a few are still are, especially if an area lost jobs or never had prices recover.  So I can kind of buy cash-strapped.  And in areas where the old jobs disappeared, service jobs replaced them.  And ageism really is a thing.  (Not that I'm defending the writing choices.)

This seems like the way forward. I can buy the Midwest problems but he was a limo driver long before those troubles started, it's just so cliche and lame. Even the clothes that Vivienne wore. You can look fantastic on a budget, there's no reason to be rolling around town in glorified sweats, or even attending a fashion show in them. There is no woman I know who doesn't have a little black dress or some kind of formal or semi-formal attire, it's just crazy to me.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

To date Carter has been the only gainfully employed, middle-upper class black character 

Don't forget Justin Barber, VP of something at SP, lawyer and helicopter pilot. I wouldn't mind seeing some of his GC relatives come by for a story line.

(small voice) Hope, of all people, wore some of the best pieces I've seen on the show, IMHO. Didn't make me like her any more, but I'd be catching screen grabs of some of her clothes and looking them up on line.

• Love 2

So when are rainbows and unicorns going to fly out of Maya's ass? I need a new story. The canonization of Maya has gone on long enough.

No kidding! How on earth did FC ever manage to scrape by without St. Maya the Transgendered? Short Maya was laughable compared to those tall, sleek models.

• Love 7
(edited)

Don't forget Justin Barber, VP of something at SP, lawyer and helicopter pilot. I wouldn't mind seeing some of his GC relatives come by for a story line.

(small voice) Hope, of all people, wore some of the best pieces I've seen on the show, IMHO. Didn't make me like her any more, but I'd be catching screen grabs of some of her clothes and looking them up on line.

Oh true true, but no storyline. His voice is hella sexy too. Can we get this dude and Carter some love. They're doing a lot more for me than Liam and Wyatt. Give me Carter, Rick, $Bill, Justin and Ridge and never mind about these little ones who seem to think a kettlebell means it's time to sip some tea.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

Did Aly even know her mother? Darla wasn't this huge Forrester family member that was respected or was classy. LOL She was Darla, she was trashy the entire time at Spectra. She was more Steffy than anything.

This is Aly's demented version of a puritanical Darla.

• Love 1
(edited)

Agreed!

I wasn't watching too often at the time, but wasn't Thorne married when he got Darla pregnant?  So really neither of her parents have histories of being champions for morality.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Does she also now think her mother was the backbone of FC or something?  She was ranting about how this is not what her mother and grandmother stood for.  I'll give her having claim to her grandmother being at the heart of the company (not that I'm saying Stephanie would be on her side), but Darla?  Honey, you can bitch about what Mommy would want if someone is doing something you don't approve of at Spectra (if it even still exists). 

• Love 4
(edited)

Actually

I don't remember if Steffy was in the country but she was definitely not on canvas. JMW was hired a full two years after that, and mostly to fill the spot that MacKenzie Mauzy's departure left. It's true they only shared a handful of scenes together, one of which was Steffy visiting Phoebe at the morgue.

ETA: regarding spoiler speculation on Steffy on the previous page.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

IKR? I hated when Ridge called Darla dingbat, but there's a reason he went with that. I get Aly was young when she died, but had she ever seen photos from her pre-Forrester days?

There's a country song about two boys who only knew their mom as the housewife upstanding citizens who find pics of "Mama before she was Mama" tossing back booze in Mexico (among other things) and it blows their minds. Somehow, I was reminded of that seeing Aly's antics lately.

• Love 3

Maybe 

Steffy is Darla

California Freedom has the most awkward and bulky swimwear/lingerie I've ever seen. 

Maya's modeling career is even hotter than Hansel's right now.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe 

Steffy is Darla

California Freedom has the most awkward and bulky swimwear/lingerie I've ever seen. 

Maya's modeling career is even hotter than Hansel's right now.

You'd figure this would be a good opportunity for cross-promotion. They could hire a designer from one of those reality shows on CBS or the CW and actually pitch swimsuits from the California Freedom line IRL. That is if they were any good. Ah well, missed opportunity I guess.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

This seems like the way forward. I can buy the Midwest problems but he was a limo driver long before those troubles started, it's just so cliche and lame. Even the clothes that Vivienne wore. You can look fantastic on a budget, there's no reason to be rolling around town in glorified sweats, or even attending a fashion show in them. There is no woman I know who doesn't have a little black dress or some kind of formal or semi-formal attire, it's just crazy to me.

I wasn't paying too much attention to what Vivienne was wearing but I doubt she was planning to attend any formal events when she took off to retrieve her youngest daughter.  Honestly, I thought Charlie's uniform was about the worst thing onscreen.  Shouldn't the head of security for a private company be in a suit?

• Love 8

I thought the showstopper was okay but it wasn't anything that hasn't been seen before for several seasons now. It also wasn't fitted Maya's body. She looked beautiful though.

And again I ask, where was Carter?

• Love 1
(edited)

I wasn't paying too much attention to what Vivienne was wearing but I doubt she was planning to attend any formal events when she took off to retrieve her youngest daughter.

Very true, but you always pack it anyway, at least I do when I get on a plane. I always have lounge-y beach stuff and semi-formal stuff. She must have been at least planning to stay overnight and there's a restaurant in the hotel where (presumably) she would eat dinner. I just don't buy that she wouldn't be prepared with something that looked better than that. It's blasphemous to Black North American Mothers everywhere IMO and frankly blasphemous to low income women to see the way this show portrays "poor people's" outfits. I didn't grow up poor but I was raised on "Wear nice underwear in case you get hit by a car" something I've come to learn was oddly universal. I've never heard of a black woman (or any woman) flying across the country without some clothing options. Plus there's no way she wouldn't have her "Sunday best" for church on hand and that would have been far more suitable.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

The light blonde model,, that stood behind Maya and Ridge as Steffy made her speech, is absolutely gorgeous. Love love love Caroline's hair. Especially with her red lipstick, she reminds me of Marilyn Monroe.

• Love 1

It's going to take all week for Aly to blow her stack, isn't it? Clearly Aly has never seen pictures of her mother, who did not dress conservatively. There's nothing wrong with how Darla dressed, imo, but Aly acts like she was prim and proper. And Aly is transphobic now? The hell?

An entire week of Ally glowering and snarling to no purpose ... That's a dreary prospect.

• Love 1

I failed to see anything provocative or inappropriate about the fashion show dresses. Some of them showed a little cleavage, but for the most part, the gowns seemed pretty modest and covered up. The way Aly was raving, I expected to see frocks like Kim Kardashian, Beyonce and JLo were sporting at the recent Met Ball. Those dresses were in the league of "why bother putting on clothes."

Darla was a dingbat and dressed like a pinup model, but I don't ever recall her acting slutty or going after other women's men during her days at Spectra. She seemed like an overall good-hearted person. She and Macy (Thorne's on-again/off-again wife) were best friends and close as sisters. Darla got knocked up by Thorne via a drunken ONS (Thorne was the drunk one) after one of those infamous "misunderstandings" where Thorne thought Macy was involved with another man or wanted a divorce or something along those lines. (I don't remember the exact details, but that's how Aly was conceived.) Thorne was so drunk he thought Darla was Macy, which is as much of a stretch as Oliver thinking Brooke was Hope during the wall boink. I think that Darla had been secretly crushing on Thorne for a long time and then the opportunity arose (no pun intended!)

Gee, could Liam be any more insensitive to Ivy by hanging all over Steffy during the fashion show? Ivy may as well have been invisible. First Liam promises Ivy he'd talk to her after the show, then ignores her. I wish Ivy would kick his lame ass to the curb. Aly should also add him to her voodoo doll collection and hit list.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the models, but I never do. Maya looked lovely, but she's definitely not runway model material. KM has a gorgeous smile. I don't like Mr. Avant. I'll overlook her mother's attire at the fashion show because I am sure that when she packed to go to L.A. she didn't plan on attending a high profile event.

• Love 7
(edited)

Very true, but you always pack it anyway, at least I do when I get on a plane. I always have lounge-y beach stuff and semi-formal stuff. She must have been at least planning to stay overnight and there's a restaurant in the hotel where (presumably) she would eat dinner. I just don't buy that she wouldn't be prepared with something that looked better than that. It's blasphemous to Black North American Mothers everywhere IMO and frankly blasphemous to low income women to see the way this show portrays "poor people's" outfits. I didn't grow up poor but I was raised on "Wear nice underwear in case you get hit by a car" something I've come to learn was oddly universal. I've never heard of a black woman (or any woman) flying across the country without some clothing options. Plus there's no way she wouldn't have her "Sunday best" for church on hand and that would have been far more suitable.

Maybe the writers think all lower/middle income, working class women are alike.  I'm not sure my almost 80 year old, white, blue collar background mother even owns a dress.  If there is some place where she can't wear her polyester pants and floral shirt, then she won't bother, thank you very much.  She's been like that since her fifties. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 7

Rick: "Maya, you inspire me. Your honesty.... LOL.  I guffawed when I heard that. 

Even with it's flaws, of the 4 soaps remaining on network B&B is the best of the lot.  Oliver's absence is very weird.  Maybe there will be a separate scene where we see Carter and Oliver talking about what in the world Oliver's been busy with that he hasn't been around Aly.

I also am starting to get annoyed with Aly's delusions of her Mother's chastity.  Someone needs to set homegirl straight about the circumstances under which she came about and that Darla was actually a jump-off. It might be safer if Aly discover this on her own though, because I could imagine that anyone who tells her the truth about Darla and shatters the delusion may just get beaten to death by Aly with a hammer since Aly is totally unhinged.  And Thorne should've been back like yesterday, the day before yesterday.

Maya's father's discomfort with the situation is realistic.  He had a dream for his son, especially as the eldest and the male who was supposed to carry on the Avant name and legacy but I loved the pride expressed by Maya's mother (I was getting Thelma Frye feels and I loved that!).

I know I'm being politically incorrect but I found myself focused on the hands of the models a lot and I couldn't help but notice that Maya had the smallest hands of all the models.  And I started thinking that as a guy, Myron must've had incredibly small hands.  I know, it's silly but I couldn't help it.

• Love 5

Regardless of Aly's situation, shouldn't Thorne and the other bigwigs at Forrester International have attended such an important event for the company? I was honestly surprised that the three Avants got front row seats. I would have liked to have seen more buyers in attendance, maybe even someone from Fenmore's, and a couple of fashion conscious celebrities in the audience, you know, like you see at other fashion shows, lol. This seemed to be more of a "friends and family" event. Oh well, at least Jarrett was there.

• Love 3

For once I enjoyed the whole fashion show and all the gowns. I have to admit that I miss the old days when the Show Stopper was a bridal gown, all the same, the gown was certainly not a disappointment, but I don't think it was properly fitted to Maya. My only thing is, I don't see how a clothing line translates into freedom, anymore than HFTF translated into celibacy. For me, this is the most realistic fashion show B&B has put on in years. The models were all beautiful, and I appreciated the hubbub backstage, the energy and positive vibe that was going on. 

I even liked the proposal; that has become something of a tradition on B&B, and I like anything that speaks to the early days of the show. 

I did find it funny that the Avants were sitting right in front of Bill. They either didn't realize it or don't know him on sight, but I was looking for a confrontation all the same. Maybe that will come after the show? 

Way to go Mama A! You stand up and cheer for your girl; that is what mom's are supposed to do. Dad OTOH? Well, he is limping along, although I am still straddling the honesty fence with Papa A. I am going to be so disappointed if they make this about money, and daddy having dollar signs emblazoned on his corneas. I think it would be a waste of a very good talent, who could bring so much more to the table. Even so, I remain impressed with both of these actors, and I do find Papa A's hesitancy believable. He is hurting because he lost his son, and because he doesn't understand why he would want to be a woman. Maybe someone should use the old marriage adage about "I am losing a son, but gaining a daughter?" 

Poor Ally is so lost in her delusions; she is now seeing things that are not happening or are not there at all. I do believe it is time that someone, maybe Thorne, to set her straight on her mom. Darla was a sweetheart. She was quirky and a very bright star at Spectra, but she would never have fit the Forrester mold in the early days, and barely squeezed into it after marrying Thorne. Of course you can't judge someone by their clothing, but if you could, or did, well Darla would have been pegged a street walker from day one. Talk about risque! 

So, it appears that Liam has decided to dispense with being a Hanging Chad, and has cast his ballot in favor of !!FUN!! Steffy. At least he had the decency to tell Ivy he would talk to her later. PFFT! I think hanging all over, and on every word from Steffy is sending a pretty clear signal what he wants to discuss. My hope is that by the time they get there, Ivy has figured it out, that she laughs in Liam's face and tells him where to stick his stinking ballot. Then, I hope she glides right up to Wyatt and kisses him like there ain't no tomorrow. Ivy looked stunning by the way; she was totally rocking that High Priestess ponytail. 

• Love 11

The irony of Aly mourning her dead, "sainted" mother when the woman she holds responsible for Darla's death, Taylor, was really the sainted one, although Taylor was the fakest fake that ever faked. But I digress...

Darla was sweet and funny and yes, a little endearingly ditzy in that effervescent "dumb blond" way of hers. But she was no saint. She certainly didn't act like one, hopping into bed with the very inebriated love of her BBF's life. The same BFF for whom Aly is named.

And just look at how trashy she dressed:

254448_1245296113570_full.jpg

Showing all that skin!!! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

I get that Aly was very young when Darla died but surely she's seen photographs and heard stories about Darla, none of which I'm sure had her covered head to foot or spending all her time reading to folks in nursing homes.

• Love 11

Just a thought I'm throwing out here (which is probably stupid as hell)...maybe off-screen when Aly was a toddler Darla bombarded her with messages of "purity" so she didn't end up being looked at as some ditzy bimbo, and somehow it stuck with her.  Sorry...that's all I got :)

• Love 2

It's going to take all week for Aly to blow her stack, isn't it? 

You know in the movie Clue, at the end, when Wadsworth goes through his long winded explanation of how it was all done.  "And you had a letter and you had a letter and she had a letter and...."   "GET ON WITH IT!!!!!"  That's exactly how I felt yesterday.  Of course, this is going to drag on all week long, and whatever it is that Aly is going to be doing, it won't even get done on Friday as the show ends.  I find it hard to believe that nobody but Steffy recognises that something is "wrong" with Aly.  Quinn, watching the proposal on the monitor with Ivy and Wyatt, looked perfectly happy and normal.  Huge contrast.

Wasn't Aly four years old when Darla died?  Definitely no more than 5, because I'm pretty sure little curly haired Hope was 6.  I'm sure she retains some memory of her mother but it's now 15 years later.  I bet most of what she knows about Darla is based on what other people have told her.  She must never look at photos.

• Love 3

Yes, Aly is strong enough to stick a nail into a side of a tire and yes Steffy would change a tire by herself and not call the auto club. Yeah right and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Mr Avant has shown his true nature and all of a sudden he's fine with Maya being a woman. IMO he's finally going to get payback for his embarrassment or in other words, Maya owes him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Steffy would change a tire by herself and not call the auto club. Yeah right and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Steffy doesn't have AAA? Really?

This is the whole problem I had with the Darla accident. Phoebe has a flat tire, so instead of calling AAA or roadside assistance she calls her uncle's wife?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

This is the whole problem I had with the Darla accident. Phoebe has a flat tire, so instead of calling AAA or roadside assistance she calls her uncle's wife?

Phoebe:  "Ohs noes!  My car has a flat tire!  Whatever should I do???"

<ponders a bit>

Phoebe:  "Ah yes.  I recall hearing that egotistical Crap Wagner demanded more money the other day, and as a result, people have to be fired.  I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but....."

<dials phone>

Saint Darla:  "Hello?....  Yes, of COURSE, darling, I'll be right there!  It's foggy and rainy, but Aunt Darla is going to save you!  By the way, how come you called me and not your mom?  Or your dad?  Or your brother?  Or your uncle Thorne?  Of all the people in Bell A you could have called, you call 110 pound me to help you change a flat tire?.......  What's that you say? Something about Crap Wagner?  I'll be right there!"

• Love 10

Finally saw yesterday's ep (thank you tessaray), Mama Avant and Nicole were so cute! It was nice to see Othello there djaying again and I loved the little speech Steffy gave. The whole thing (aside from Aly) just gave me warm fuzzies. Loved the gowns, would totally were them myself, the showstopper was beautiful and KM looked so graceful in it. Props to B&B for putting this on, what an inspiring, hopeful message in these dark, dark times.

• Love 3

Way to go Mama A! You stand up and cheer for your girl; that is what mom's are supposed to do. Dad OTOH? Well, he is limping along, although I am still straddling the honesty fence with Papa A. I am going to be so disappointed if they make this about money, and daddy having dollar signs emblazoned on his corneas. I think it would be a waste of a very good talent, who could bring so much more to the table. Even so, I remain impressed with both of these actors, and I do find Papa A's hesitancy believable. He is hurting because he lost his son, and because he doesn't understand why he would want to be a woman. Maybe someone should use the old marriage adage about "I am losing a son, but gaining a daughter?"  

Julius Avant: "All of this is ours."

As far as Mr. Avant is concerned Maya is the worst possible excuse for a daughter, except what she bring to him in payback for taking his son and namesake, destroying the Avant lineage. Having their plane tickets comped by Rick is a nice start. Marrying into the Forrester family is just the beginning.

Poor Ally is so lost in her delusions; she is now seeing things that are not happening or are not there at all. I do believe it is time that someone, maybe Thorne, to set her straight on her mom. Darla was a sweetheart. She was quirky and a very bright star at Spectra, but she would never have fit the Forrester mold in the early days, and barely squeezed into it after marrying Thorne. Of course you can't judge someone by their clothing, but if you could, or did, well Darla would have been pegged a street walker from day one. Talk about risqué!

Ally's Floating Darla Head has been a life-long ethereal delusion she created to give mourning her mother some solace and a place to voice her insecurities. Ally see's her mother through darkly tinted rose-colored glasses and circumstances at FC have muddled her weak attachment to reality that she's back to hating Taylor for killing her mother and Steffy by default. Her oppositional behavior and agitation is fed by the others telling her "there is no there there," when her imagination tells her the exact opposite.

Ally cannot recognize Darla as she actually was. That Darla has never existed for Ally.

Yes, Aly is strong enough to stick a nail into a side of a tire and yes Steffy would change a tire by herself and not call the auto club. Yeah right and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Plot, Plot. Plot.

• Love 5

I failed to see anything provocative or inappropriate about the fashion show dresses. Some of them showed a little cleavage, but for the most part, the gowns seemed pretty modest and covered up. The way Aly was raving, I expected to see frocks like Kim Kardashian, Beyonce and JLo were sporting at the recent Met Ball. Those dresses were in the league of "why bother putting on clothes."

The fashion show dresses weren't based on any new transformative ideas, California Freedom-wise.

The Roaring '20s style is 90+ years old. Lace-over-illusion-netting has been a thing for five years and needs to move on. Tulle-nearly-transparent skirts are going on seven years too long. The first dress -- black lace over illusion netting, with crotch-tacular slit in the tulle skirt -- came close to objectionable (under Ally's moral guidelines), but only because it used so many past trends in one dress. 

A stylist friend told me the best rule for formalwear: Focus on boobs or legs, not both.

• Love 2
(edited)

Word, wordy McWordy to all of this!!

A stylist friend told me the best rule for formalwear: Focus on boobs or legs, not both.

I've always known that to be the case as well. They also say to focus on lips or eyes not both. Of course I routinely break the latter rule but, hey! *shoulder shrug

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

shouldn't Thorne and the other bigwigs at Forrester International have attended such an important event for the company?

Did I miss something, when did Thorne become a bigwig ?  ;)

Aly's complaints made more sense when they were pitching California Freedom as a line of lingerie and swimwear. I'm still trying to figure out where this dress collection came from and how fits in with the original idea.

I wouldn't worry about Papa Avant's gold-digging, apparently it's an Avant family affliction that passes in a few days. (Mom Avant must have been vaccinated against it)

• Love 12

I wouldn't worry about Papa Avant's gold-digging, apparently it's an Avant family affliction that passes in a few days. (Mom Avant must have been vaccinated against it)

Bwahahahaha!!! Excellent!

• Love 2

Phoebe: "Ohs noes! My car has a flat tire! Whatever should I do???"

<ponders a bit>

Phoebe: "Ah yes. I recall hearing that egotistical Crap Wagner demanded more money the other day, and as a result, people have to be fired. I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but....."

<dials phone>

Saint Darla: "Hello?.... Yes, of COURSE, darling, I'll be right there! It's foggy and rainy, but Aunt Darla is going to save you! By the way, how come you called me and not your mom? Or your dad? Or your brother? Or your uncle Thorne? Of all the people in Bell A you could have called, you call 110 pound me to help you change a flat tire?....... What's that you say? Something about Crap Wagner? I'll be right there!"

To be fair, Darla got a far better send off than when Crap Wagner was finally and unceremoniously let go.
  • Love 2

When Steffy approached Aly, wanting Aly to feel included, it reminded me of Taylor.  I don't know if that was intentional in the writing, direction or an acting choice by JMW but it came across well in those scenes despite (or maybe because of) the fact that Aly kept rebutting her efforts.

Given how crazy those L.A. freeways are and people have been known to lose their lives while trying to change a flat, I was kind of hoping that Steffy would call AAA or whatever fictional auto club B&B has but then I guess that woould ruin the storyline (lol).

I sort of figured that Ivy would be the one to first recognize that Aly needed professional help.  She'll probably be the only one allowed to visit Aly at the mental institution.  That is, of course, unless Aly misses and then the Forresters all decide to keep this quiet (like they've been known to do) and get Aly a private psychiatrist or something.  I know when Thorne and Rick each flipped out and shot someone, Stephanie and Brooke each tried to close ranks and keep the problem in the family and solve it privately.

Those wheels in Julius' mind are turning big time!  Before the summer is through, he will snag an invitation to reside in the guest house for an indefinite period of time.  I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to make Zende or Carter into his new surrogate son to replace Maya.  He's looking for a new life!

• Love 5
(edited)

Getting really annoyed with Aly's shtick. Every time she rolls her teary eyes up in her head, I wonder what Waffles is doing. That's how bored I am by this story.

Ouch, that's how you know things have gone toe up!

I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to make Zende or Carter into his new surrogate son to replace Maya.  He's looking for a new life!

"I got a new attitude" *plays quietly in the background.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 5

When I was at the tender age of sixteen, my "boyfriend" of roughly three months started making goo goo eyes at the new, rich girl in class, and well, I.......um..........er........got fucking pissed off about it! What is a girl supposed to do? Of course the new girl had to pay, so I tried to stick a nail in her tire one night. HA! That tire was laughing it's hubcap off at me, cause sticking a nail in a tire is hard work, and it just kept popping back out at me and I gave up. Gave up on the guy too. So, as I watched little Ally just pluck that nail right on in there I was kind of wondering where this girl was about forty years ago......

Don't new, fancy and expensive cars have some sort of sensor that tells the driver that something is wrong with the tires? And let me be the first to give Steffy props for having the balls to change a tire at night on a dark road, while in evening wear and heals. I am not rich, and I don't have any type of roadside assistance, but you can rest assured, that some "man" in my family would have been getting a phone call. That, or a tow truck. 

All kidding aside, Ashlyn Pearce got me hard in the car; she did a great job of showing her conflicted emotions about hurting someone, and about saving the Forrester name. And as much as it pains me, I have to shout out to JMW, who did a good job showing concern for Ally after the show. Of all the family members, I did not expect her to be the one to run interference, and I thought it was a nice gesture to try and include Ally. 

I am a bit confused with the timing though; Ivy and Wyatt said they had to put the jewelry away, and Steffy and Liam were supposed to be leaving for the Forrester Manse. So, how did everyone beat Steffy there? I know it is splitting hairs, and timelines often don't make sense on the B&B, but it just seemed off to me. 

It does appear that Papa A is looking for some type of monetary payback for Maya stealing his son, but I am not too up in arms about it right now. I think that is because I like Obba Babatunde so much; I think he is bringing layers to the Julius character, and I am loving that touch of humor he is lacing in. I honestly don't feel like he will be looking for a free ride, but only for some of the finer things in life, but time will tell. I hope he and Vivienne hang around for a good long time. 

When the gang saw Ally's "collage", I think they should have been calling Thorne or Eric, but Liam first wants to call Steffy? Of course it was to advance the plot, but it was stupid all the same. 

Jesus, Nicole looks more like a little version of Vanessa Williams everyday! That hairstyle only highlighted the resemblance. 

• Love 12

Liam is a dodo bird/waffle hybrid with a mind that can only process thoughts of Steffy. Her FUN just overloads the flickering light bulb between his ears.

The actor playing Maya's dad is really quite good, and I'm impressed with how much acting he does with facial expressions alone. Watching him during the fashion show, I saw a man struggling with the loss of a son yet desperately wanting to be able to accept Maya. I hope they don't go the golddigging root with Mr. Avant, and if they do, I hope it's just a temporary desire to replace his son with nice things, as he honestly seems too proud to want wealth handed to him.

Maybe Liam could take notes and stop powering through scenes with that duh expression on his mug.

• Love 15