Type keyword(s) to search

Love in the Time of Walkers: Relationships in The Walking Dead

• Start Topic

I am not ready for any Coral romance. Blergh.

The actress who plays Tara looked pregnant to me. If she is, that could get awkward.

The show navigated Sasha's actress' pregnancy without difficulty, and Tara usually wears dumpy, baggy clothes in any event.

Well Carl better get to romancing women. Because if he is still doing that solo thing, he is now at an 50% increase of going blind. Make the eye patch work for you Carl.

I can see it now (pun intended):

"Arrrr, Enid - prepare to be boarded!"

• Love 2

Yeah, Rick's not going to be romancing the ladies anytime soon. He's going to be irrationally guilty guy for awhile over not sensing the danger Porchdick family posed to Coral. Although it would play better if his children's survival and his new sense of civilization building simply pushed all thoughts of the Porchdick family experience out of his head. 

This thread is spoiler for past events, right? I'll put this little tidbit under a tag then.

Rick gets over Jessie quickly. The next episode reportedly features the Richonne coupling that so many have wished for according to a well known spoiling site.

??? Pregnancy frequently is awkward.  Ask any pregnant lady.  ;)

Ha ha! By awkward, I was imagining the writers trying to write a pregnancy arc for a character who does not sleep with men, but I'm sure these writers would figure something out as long as it's tedious and ridiculous and they don't have to kill off Rick.

• Love 2

This x 1000. Spencer could be an Adonis but his behavior is a major turn off for me.

As for hook ups, I have never seen a modern show that seems to have such a terror of showing anything that hints of the dreaded s-e-x. Graphic violence and gore - bring it on!  Daryl and Carol having comfort sex or even cuddling that night in the shelter (which would have been the natural, human thing to do) when they were lying side by side on an actual beds?  Oh, god forbid! I'm not talking about Maggie/Glenn undying True Love, but it would be inhuman for no one in CDB, EVER, to have anything physical at all with people who have been living on top of them for years now. I mean, all that adrenaline needs some place to go.;)

I like to bring this up every now and then, but these people (prior to Alexandria) were not out in the ZA for so long as to no longer be able to remember hygiene. Yes, our forebears were able to get past the noxiousness in order to keep the human race going, but it's a tough hurdle for modern folk. Add to that two very important facts: 1) Sleeping with someone means leaving oneself vulnerable should the other person die-and-turn while one is most vulnerable and 2) Pregnancy (at least prior to Alexandria) was a far greater risk to both mother and child than before the ZA, and you have far less inducement, IMO, than one would have in the pre-ZA world.

• Love 1

Ha ha! By awkward, I was imagining the writers trying to write a pregnancy arc for a character who does not sleep with men, but I'm sure these writers would figure something out as long as it's tedious and ridiculous and they don't have to kill off Rick.

Maybe her middle name is Mary?

Or in a more prosaic vein - maybe she and Eugene have been using the same towels in the bathroom?

(obligatory Ewwws may ensue now)

• Love 3

I am not ready for any Coral romance. Blergh.

Stay away from fanfiction. Call me naive, but I never knew there were adult women sitting around thinking up explicit sexual scenarios involving a 14-year old boy.

Make mine a double.

• Love 2

Maybe her middle name is Mary?

Or in a more prosaic vein - maybe she and Eugene have been using the same towels in the bathroom?

Maybe, even in the midst of a ZA Tara is one of those women, who. "Feel the need, the need for a seed."

Back in the day there was a reason so many letters to the forums, involved young men's first sexual experience being with the adult baby sitters. Because it was very prevalent.

Is she comings to Flash because I have not seen her.

In Season 1 she

commands an army of robot bees.

Might not be useful against zombies, but sure as hell could stop Neagan or King of All Wolves or The Reincarnation of Brillip. Back to the main topic, though... whose body part are we going to ship Coral's eye with?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

I'm just watching the third season of "Masters of Sex" and who do I see but our Beth in a brunette wig. She's applying to be a  - Ta Dah! - sex surrogate. Her credentials are mostly that she was able, by her soothing presence, to help the stallions perform with the mares at a horse breeding farm.

• Love 1

I'm just watching the third season of "Masters of Sex" and who do I see but our Beth in a brunette wig. She's applying to be a  - Ta Dah! - sex surrogate. Her credentials are mostly that she was able, by her soothing presence, to help the stallions perform with the mares at a horse breeding farm.

Hershel would be so proud.

• Love 2

I notice that too, but I'm glad that it's not really an issue in the story.  Too bad it only took the zombie apocalypse for people not to make such a big deal about that sort of thing.

Heh, true enough. I don't recall Rosita or Michonne's race being remarked upon in the show, and it's been several seasons since Glenn's race has been remarked upon.

• Love 1

It makes sense. Survivors are not interested in finding people who "look like them" in order to build community, nor is there much economic or class difference when you're essentially nomadic, so there's no longer a need to segregate as our current society often does. Same gender coupling is safer in that there is 0% chance of accidental conception (though there are other things, and with the lack of a pharmaceutical industry I personally would remain celibate.).

• Love 1

In Season 1 she

commands an army of robot bees.

Might not be useful against zombies, but sure as hell could stop Neagan or King of All Wolves or The Reincarnation of Brillip. Back to the main topic, though... whose body part are we going to ship Coral's eye with?

I'm a Flash fan and I don't even remember her ever being on the show. Her character must have suck.

• Love 1

I notice that too, but I'm glad that it's not really an issue in the story.  Too bad it only took the zombie apocalypse for people not to make such a big deal about that sort of thing.

That, and Merle The Racist - and his influence on Daryl - had been gone awhile before even reaching ASZ.

So now that we've ticked off the box of Richonne, that leaves only Carol and Daryl among the main characters who haven't had sex yet.  I don't care about Daryl's sex life, because as dirty as he is, no one is going to hit that.  But when does Carol get to get it on?  And with whom?  Inquiring minds want to speculate.

• Love 3

So now that we've ticked off the box of Richonne, that leaves only Carol and Daryl among the main characters who haven't had sex yet.  I don't care about Daryl's sex life, because as dirty as he is, no one is going to hit that.  But when does Carol get to get it on?  And with whom?  Inquiring minds want to speculate.

There have been some that think that perhaps Carol and Morgan may end up together. As much as they're at odds now, I could see it happening. They have a lot in common (lost a spouse and a child, had to learn to toughen up the hard way) I don't think there are any Alexandrians otherwise that would be at her level.

Because women won't fuck a guy unless he's spotlessly clean!

Not spotless but Daryl's just nasty. It's one thing to go a day or two without a bath - but weeks? In that Southern humidity? It would take a person completely noseblind with no tastebuds to get through a session with Daryl without gagging (good looks only take you so far).

Edited by rogueprinzess
  • Love 1

Yeah add me in line to the Daryl needs a bath camp. I love Daryl, but I wouldn't go near him the way he is now.

On another note, I'm so freaking happy Rick finally took the ring off! I understand needing time to grief, but two years is a long time to hold a torch for the shittiest wife ever. Lori waited barely a week after Rick's "death" before fucking her husband's best friend.

• Love 6

On another note, I'm so freaking happy Rick finally took the ring off! I understand needing time to grief, but two years is a long time to hold a torch for the shittiest wife ever. Lori waited barely a week after Rick's "death" before fucking her husband's best friend.

Less than a year, judging from Judith.

And I'm no fan of Lori, but I cut her some slack on that incident. It had been a hell of a week, literally.

• Love 3

Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable.

-- Mrs. White, "Clue"

I think this quote succinctly sums up Lori's view of men.

Lori used them so long as they serviced the needs of her and her children, and discarded them immediately when they no longer did so - or when someone better came along.

• Love 6

I'm going to try to find positive things to say about Richonne. Let's see here...

If- I'm sorry, make that when he goes into crazy, crazy Ricktator mode again, the closer she is to him, the more easily she can knock him out before he gets everyone killed trying to organize a Negan parade.

We might get more shots of Danai with her clothes off.

When his beard grows out again, maybe she'll braid it for him, so he and Coral can really look like pirates.

He's talking more normally, so maybe one of her conditions was that he stop using that stupid Batman voice.

If they have to cut up all the balloons to use as prophylactics, we might be spared another story arc about parades.

And... yeah, I think that's all I got.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

Yeah add me in line to the Daryl needs a bath camp. I love Daryl, but I wouldn't go near him the way he is now.

That shows the difference in the kind of people Lori and Rick are. Rick was ALL IN for their marriage. It was a flawed relationship, but Rick obviously took it seriously when he took his vows. Lori on the other hand didn't seem to be as in love with Rick as he was with her, and that's a reality that happens sometimes. I personally think it inexcusable to sleep with your hubby's best friend, and yeah she thought he was dead but he'd only been gone a few weeks, maybe a month when it started. I don't think that's defensible but some like to blame it on Lori's "grieving process". But back to the topic, to me Rick's grieving time had more to do with his personality and view on love (he's shown himself to be a painstakingly loyal person) then it did with Lori herself. I also think he was haunted by the fact that he was angry/fighting with Lori before she died (as I recall, it was really starting to hit him that unborn Judith was Shane's child and Lori's constant undermining of his decisions) and he didn't get a chance to make it right. And to think of it, I guess he and Lori were together for a long time. With Carl being around 12/13 when she died, I'd  assume that Rick and Lori had been together for around 15+ years. 

Edited by rogueprinzess
  • Love 5

Because women won't fuck a guy unless he's spotlessly clean!

Actually, I have no objection to some road dust, sweat and stubble. It's sort of hot, to me. Daryl? Really, I don't understand all the erotic fanfiction about him. He's attractive, has a nice face ( I like how it's aged, BTW), pretty blue eyes and those broad shoulders, but he looks so utterly filthy and stinky and greasy, well, nope. Not without a wash first.

• Love 5

Actually, I have no objection to some road dust, sweat and stubble. It's sort of hot, to me. Daryl? Really, I don't understand all the erotic fanfiction about him. He's attractive, has a nice face ( I like how it's aged, BTW), pretty blue eyes and those broad shoulders, but he looks so utterly filthy and stinky and greasy, well, nope. Not without a wash first.

I love how Norman Reedus is all "I'm not conventionally attractive." Bitch, you modeled for Prada in the 1990s. (To be fair, his treatment after the car accident involved a lot of surgery on his face, but still.)

• Love 5

I love how Norman Reedus is all "I'm not conventionally attractive." Bitch, you modeled for Prada in the 1990s.

He's very photogenic. I agree he's not conventionally attractive, according to today's pathetic standards. He's over 30, has no cheese-cutter abs, no bland, generic chiseled face and is not waxed and shaved smoother than a newborn infant. Bring back the old days!

• Love 6

I did find it interesting how Daryl's body language changed when Denise started rambling on about Tara taking in her sleep and wanting the Orange Crush for her. He sort of backed away and held his arm across his chest a little more tightly. I don't think he was being homophobic, but he seemed really uncomfortable when Denise was alluding to the more intimate details of her relationship. Food for thought when it comes to speculation about Daryl's sexuality or lack thereof.

• Love 2

I did find it interesting how Daryl's body language changed when Denise started rambling on about Tara taking in her sleep and wanting the Orange Crush for her. He sort of backed away and held his arm across his chest a little more tightly. I don't think he was being homophobic, but he seemed really uncomfortable when Denise was alluding to the more intimate details of her relationship. Food for thought when it comes to speculation about Daryl's sexuality or lack thereof.

That, or he's just thinking, "Damn - two more off the market." :>

• Love 1

but he seemed really uncomfortable when Denise was alluding to the more intimate details of her relationship.

I've never seen it that way. I always got the impression that he was really ill at ease with what he sees as women who are "above him" and who may have crossed a street to avoid him pre-apocalypse. Denise is educated and well-spoken and I think he's intimidated by those qualities in a woman. JMO. I don't think he really cares about what anyone does in their bedrooms.

ETA: It's been my experience that most men, when learning that women are lesbians, just hope they can watch!:p

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

I just thought he'd be uncomfortable talking to anyone - straight or gay - about bedroom issues and who's loving whom, since he doesn't seem to want to have sex with anyone.  Kinda like, "Hey, I'm happy for you and all, but keep the details to yourself, okay?".

• Love 9

I just thought he'd be uncomfortable talking to anyone - straight or gay - about bedroom issues and who's loving whom, since he doesn't seem to want to have sex with anyone.  Kinda like, "Hey, I'm happy for you and all, but keep the details to yourself, okay?".

Yeah, that's my read too. I can't imagine that anyone with Denise's energy was a part of or a guest at the Dixon house often if at all. He's not so demonstrative and he probably finds her perfectly nice but overwhelming.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 4