Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember a similar comic with a cat, but I don't remember what the cat's name was.  

I just googled it and found that the cat's name is Fluffy (though it is a ginger cat).  What Fluffy hears is nothing (an empty dialog balloon) LOL.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I just googled it and found that the cat's name is Fluffy (though it is a ginger cat).  What Fluffy hears is nothing (an empty dialog balloon) LOL.

LOL, I should have remembered that!  Mr. Xword and I joked about the cat we had at the time, being just like that.  Thanks Deirdra.

Yes, the Browns do spew out a lot of hot air, for sure.   

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She's ALWAYS frazzled and her posts belong in a journal versus "Motivation Monday".  She reminds me of the local quail--they run around frazzled as if the sky constantly falling. And their coos match: "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" Then, they scamper off in perpetual fear to find something else that's scary.

I love that analogy.  It made me laugh.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Janelle's bar is set so low. Then again, she divorced one man to marry Kodouche....

I remember reading about her leaving the family and that she wound up with a decent job/salary, a better car and her own home until Kody lured her back. She seemed to be doing much better on her own than she is now--I don't think she's very active real-estate wise and we all know she can't be bothered to properly show a home. She said no to Kody at first, but then gave in. She should have just stayed away, but I don't think Cave-man Kody could stand to have one of his flock successful and independent on her own. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I read somewhere that Janelle had gotten an inheritance and that they ended up using it for a down payment on the Lehi house.

I have heard that too and if I'm not mistaken, the title was in Janelle, Kody and Meri's names. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Please Janelle, remind us what barriers have you overcome?

Well, she knocked down those "barriers" of common sense and self preservation to marry a manchild and fork over her retirement savings to support his harem.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, she knocked down those "barriers" of common sense and self preservation to marry a manchild and fork over her retirement savings to support his harem.

On that note, maybe the title of the thread should be changed. 

• Love 5

What a freakin drama queen.  I thought Meri had that market cornered, but Janelle is giving her a run for the money.  Seriously it's that much drama to walk into a new gym when you supposedly have been regularly working out at one in your old home city??  Right.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Normades said:

What a freakin drama queen.  I thought Meri had that market cornered, but Janelle is giving her a run for the money.  Seriously it's that much drama to walk into a new gym when you supposedly have been regularly working out at one in your old home city??  Right.

I kind of sympathize with her.  I am very shy and going in by myself would make me very uncomfortable.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I kind of sympathize with her.  I am very shy and going in by myself would make me very uncomfortable.

Oh I agree to a point because I feel like that too.  Her post just sounded really over the top, like someone who had never stepped foot in a gym.  To me, she should have some confidence if she's been going regularly, even if the new one is a little bit stressful at first.  Plus I would expect to see some results.  Janelle talks about this diet and exercise she does all the time, but she looks the same or larger.  If she's really doing what she says, which I doubt, she needs to see a doctor because something doesn't add up.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

At the very least, she needs to see a doctor, if she hasn’t, for her “tummy issue”. She’s mentioned it numerous times.

I'll give her a pass on this one. I, too, have "tummy trouble", though I call it what it is--intestinal distress mess ('cause that's what I named it). I've been to doctors and they can't seem to figure it out; I've eliminated gluten (worked for a while, but it was something else), meat, dairy, processed, you name it. I try to eat clean most of the time but every now and then, everything erupts. I can't quite place my finger on what it is, maybe Janelle has the same problem. I keep Kombucha around for my issues. 

I also feel her pain walking into a new gym. It's probably my ASD; new routines and people are the hardest things to overcome in the day-to-day.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I'll give her a pass on this one. I, too, have "tummy trouble", though I call it what it is--intestinal distress mess ('cause that's what I named it). I've been to doctors and they can't seem to figure it out; I've eliminated gluten (worked for a while, but it was something else), meat, dairy, processed, you name it. I try to eat clean most of the time but every now and then, everything erupts. I can't quite place my finger on what it is, maybe Janelle has the same problem. I keep Kombucha around for my issues. 

I also feel her pain walking into a new gym. It's probably my ASD; new routines and people are the hardest things to overcome in the day-to-day.

I know that I feel better when I don't consume wheat products, dairy products, or any sugars.  Which can irritate you digestive tract.  The more processed I eat the more I have problems.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder how many seasons they're banking on being on TV?

Well, forever, of course.  They are endlessly fascinating and the entire world is waiting breathlessly for their compelling stories.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think it would be a more interesting reality show to interview and learn the life stories of people who stay at Lizzie's Heritage Inn,  Meri's B&B in Parowan.

I want to know why Christine’s mom was suddenly out of the picture. My bet is money ?.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Mushroom mocha mix? Who finds THAT intriguing? 

Possibly "magic" mushrooms?

Here's an interesting lil' thing.  Janelle posts a picture of her tea drawer, but the countertop and drawer facings don't match the kitchen in the West Coyote Pass house that they are apparently renting, in fact, they look like the kitchen in her LV home.  Savanah and Gabe are still in school, maybe they went on ahead with Christine to start their school year and Janelle is holding down the fort in LV until she gets the LV homes sold...........???

• Love 5

You have to wonder how old some of that tea is. That's a ridiculous amount to have forgotten about. Clearly she doesn't think about what she is shopping for but I think we have seen evidence of that in the past. If I knew I had eleventy-seven boxes at home I would not pick up one more just because it look tempting.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, TurtlePower said:

Could be Habba syndrome. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle "The Sky is Falling" Brown!

Well, in all fairness to Janelle, preparing financial stuff for their CPA must be a freaking nightmare.  I imagine it would be like wrangling heard of octopuses with crap flying in all directions.  I can't fathom them even having any kind of accounting their intake and output other than two columns labeled "Wanted It, Bought It" and "Worry About Paying for It Later".

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B045FD6E-FE4D-4513-A203-C98A847D04FC.jpeg

5EFE1AEF-6ACA-46CA-91CA-F6ABADB7918B.jpeg

This surprises me not at all.  I remember we had quite the discussion when she showed her pantry.  No organization at all.  THIS is why one needs to have some sort of system.  If you don't you end up with a ton of stuff like this. 

3 hours ago, Higgins said:

Could be Habba syndrome. 

I had to look that up.  This forum teaches me something all the time!

• Love 2

Could she be any more melancholy?  It's true she is in a "marital" situation that most of us would find intolerable, but she is living the lifestyle she decided for herself.  I have a couple of friends who would trade places with her, even if it meant sharing a jerk like Kodufus.  She has healthy children, and not one seems to be headed for a life of drugs and crime.  She doesn't work besides filming for the show.  She's had a large house that could be beautiful with a little effort on her part .  Now she's looking at a move to a gorgeous location that very few people can afford.  WHY IS SHE SAD AND STRUGGLING ALL THE TIME?????

The friends I referred to have real, actual problems.  Like missing ex husbands who skipped out on child support.  Children who are behaving very badly.  Living in rent subsidized apartments because they don't earn enough to get someplace decent.  Yet my friends are great people who are fun to be around.  Yes, they have their down times and need a sympathetic ear, but they don't mope and talk endlessly about their stresses, and triggers.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

WHY IS SHE SAD AND STRUGGLING ALL THE TIME?????

I wonder if she is the kind of person who is only happy when things are a REAL disaster. Maybe she was only happy when the family had no money, was living in three single-wide trailers in Wyoming, Christine was taking care of all the kids and the other three were working jobs to make ends meet. They were "hiding" and that was their foundation. The wives looked like young Mormon girls in horrible dresses and hair, and Kody was their young stud they worshiped. No one cared if Janelle was fat. No one cared if the wives were happy. Life was simpler, basic and most importantly, no one was watching. Kody wanted to be a STAR and now everyone is suffering for it.

• Love 10

Janelle is suffering from lack of purpose. Back in Utah she worked and was a key player in making ends meet.  She was very lucky to never worry about her kids because they were well cared for by home mom Christine, surrounded by siblings.  Janelle didn't have to be bothered with a husband but for every couple of days and her and Kody were more buddies and financial partners of their "family organization"

The study to get her real estate license was good for her, but she doesn't have the personality or drive to actually run her own agency.  She is a "back of the house" kind of person.  Can follow orders and make things work as long as she doesn't have to deal with people face to face.  She has always talked about liking the big family aspect, but she only likes to be the fly on the wall and observe vs. being up front and entertaining like show boat husband Kody and show off Christine.

I have always thought that the "Strive" thing was all Kody's idea.  I can see him pushing her because of higher ratings a few years ago and positive "fan" feedback when she was actually going to the gym and working with (I don't remember his name) the guy that seemed to actually help her because she had obvious results.  I can see Kody coming up with her "supporting others going through the same thing".  But...she is obviously not qualified in any way.  And she doesn't have the personality to be motivating...her posts come off as whinging and as someone else nailed it....melancholy.  Eeyore is a very good nick name. She seems to wallow in her constant daily struggle to just....live. 

She bounces around with her posts as though she is just posting her own version of something she read online the day before.  Today X website is talking about chia.  Bam....she's now eating chia.  Tomorrow she reads about Kale...bam...kale. etc etc. Nothing really good today, but while packing she stumbles upon that insane assortment of tea boxes and that is the post of the day.  WHO buys tea (and THAT much tea) and they don't drink tea!!??

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle is suffering from lack of purpose. Back in Utah she worked and was a key player in making ends meet.  She was very lucky to never worry about her kids because they were well cared for by home mom Christine, surrounded by siblings.  Janelle didn't have to be bothered with a husband but for every couple of days and her and Kody were more buddies and financial partners of their "family organization"

The study to get her real estate license was good for her, but she doesn't have the personality or drive to actually run her own agency.  She is a "back of the house" kind of person.  Can follow orders and make things work as long as she doesn't have to deal with people face to face.  She has always talked about liking the big family aspect, but she only likes to be the fly on the wall and observe vs. being up front and entertaining like show boat husband Kody and show off Christine.

I have always thought that the "Strive" thing was all Kody's idea.  I can see him pushing her because of higher ratings a few years ago and positive "fan" feedback when she was actually going to the gym and working with (I don't remember his name) the guy that seemed to actually help her because she had obvious results.  I can see Kody coming up with her "supporting others going through the same thing".  But...she is obviously not qualified in any way.  And she doesn't have the personality to be motivating...her posts come off as whinging and as someone else nailed it....melancholy.  Eeyore is a very good nick name. She seems to wallow in her constant daily struggle to just....live. 

She bounces around with her posts as though she is just posting her own version of something she read online the day before.  Today X website is talking about chia.  Bam....she's now eating chia.  Tomorrow she reads about Kale...bam...kale. etc etc. Nothing really good today, but while packing she stumbles upon that insane assortment of tea boxes and that is the post of the day.  WHO buys tea (and THAT much tea) and they don't drink tea!!??

I had my post ready and the site went down.??

I don't think the Browns were the ones who created strive.  I think someone brought them the idea.  Initially, there were five coaches and they are long gone.  It was supposed to be something (?) for people who didn't know where to start.  What that something is was never made clear   it was going to be a world phenomenon!!  Now it's just Janelle, the "health coach" doing sad little meandering posts about whatever catches her eye.

ETA.  Someone put upfront money to hire the coaches, create the marketing materials and rent the space for the one and only Strive event.  The venue was not cheap and they could not even give tickets away.  At the risk of boring everyone, there were about 25 people there and I was was one of them.  The room was set up to hold about 250.  Even at the rally, it was not made clear what Strive was.  

Ok.  Now I'm done ✔.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 14

Toodles, you have brushed with the greatness that defines the Browns (sarcasm.)  I have loved having your sightings and personal reports on them (truth.)

Does the forum have a potential sighter/reporter in Flag (I too think of Scientology when someone posts the abbreviated version.)  I believe we do have someone local or very nearly local, no?  Forgive me if I don't remember your name, but some posts have led me to believe someone still lives nearby.  Snarkiness depends on you, from someplace close in AZ.  

It just figures that the Brown Clowns could count on their "celebrity" to sell the bullshit that is "Strive."  It also figures that any coach worth her/his salt would have bailed with that dismal turnout, in a place as populated as LV.  Janelle can't hope to make a go of it as any kind of coach.

I thought of Meri as Eeyore, but that name can also apply to poor Janelle.  Poor you.  And you.  What will they think of, next?

• Love 4

I think there is one poster in Flag and several of us two hours south (who have admitted to location, at least!). I don't get up there very much anymore since I have retired. But it is a smaller community than LV, so maybe the gossip will be easier to follow!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I think there is one poster in Flag and several of us two hours south (who have admitted to location, at least!). I don't get up there very much anymore since I have retired. But it is a smaller community than LV, so maybe the gossip will be easier to follow!

Galloway . . . let's do a field trip.  I'm a little farther south than you, but I'll pick you up.  We can go to Flag and recon the area.  LOL.

• Love 7

Slowly raises hand. Been lurking here since it was published that they were moving to town. To be honest, I didn’t even realize the show was still on so I haven’t been following their exploits until now.

I have seen Robyn, Kody and the mother of the elementary age girl around town. Robyn was with Kody on both occasions and The other one only with the kid. I’m guessing the speculation that the wives have separate homes around town is accurate. Nothing of note, people here typically leave each other alone 

I don’t live there but have been there and always got the impression Baderville was an interesting place. The longtime residents are already irritated that so many houses are being built and acreage subdivided so they can’t be pleased about the possibility of cameras and more attention on their neighborhood. Can’t wait for them to get stuck in snow play/ski 

Edited by New2this
Double writing
  • Love 14