Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Why? Testing your glucose levels is a pretty simple, but specific test. Removing a “whatever it was”- growth is no reason to test for diabetes.

They want to know in case you have issues during the removal.  My mom had one removed on her forehead and they ran a complete blood panel on her.  Even though her family doctor was willing to forward her most recent one. 

• Useful 3
20 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle says that no one wants to gain weight on vacation...I suppose so, but if I am somewhere I've never been eating food I've never had, I don't care if I gain some weight.  Janelle's problem is that she gains weight, her digestion goes haywire, her body can't handle the time changes, and her "routine" goes out of whack and she tries to fix it with a quart of pink liquid and then tells us how Plexus just solved all her problems.

I think it's far more likely that she feels like crap, she eats crap because that's how she feels, it compounds her digestive issues, and she comfort eats because she feels so bad, lather rinse repeat - but yet, Plexus cures all of this...so based on her own words, she shouldn't ever be in that awful situation in the first place, right? 

THIS. All of this, especially what’s bolded.

Meanwhile, some of us plan and prepare our meals for the week, bringing healthy snacks like fruit and nuts to work and — ohmigosh — drink WATER all day long. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

They want to know in case you have issues during the removal.  My mom had one removed on her forehead and they ran a complete blood panel on her.  Even though her family doctor was willing to forward her most recent one. 

That would be dependent on the venue for the removal.  Everything I had removed was in the doctor's office with local anesthesia.  No bloodwork done. 

Heck, I've had endoscopies and colonoscopies done without any preop bloodwork and those are considered invasive procedures and done under anesthesia.

I would be gobsmacked if Janelle had any workup done for the removal.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Plexus makes wayyyyyy more money on Janelle than the cost of these trips. 

Oh I do agree!  Social media does sell and eliminates expensive advertising campaigns!

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

7D3D2C4E-874E-47DC-AE7B-45AA19908287.jpeg

.Screenshot from a video:

A26B4896-96E0-41BA-B006-344830E6998D.jpeg

She does look a bit thinner!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

That would be dependent on the venue for the removal.  Everything I had removed was in the doctor's office with local anesthesia.  No bloodwork done. 

Heck, I've had endoscopies and colonoscopies done without any preop bloodwork and those are considered invasive procedures and done under anesthesia.

I'd say it's also an insurance matter (or paying fully yourself) Health care is incredibly expensive so if insurances were to pay, they'd keep it as low as possible and only ask for the full bloodwork if necessary. If you have a premium insurance or pay for it yourself, or have a very commercial doctor for that matter, it may be different.

58 minutes ago, deirdra said:

First Class in style?  Is she in the plane's bathroom dealing with digestive issues?

First class across the pond? That costs a whopping fortune! I checked it once, for fun. A flight from London to NY (which is probably one of the busiest routes from Europe to the US with lots of competition) I could fly for $600 second class (with a decent carrier) but first class would set me back 10-12k................

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

First class across the pond? That costs a whopping fortune! I checked it once, for fun. A flight from London to NY (which is probably one of the busiest routes from Europe to the US with lots of competition) I could fly for $600 second class (with a decent carrier) but first class would set me back 10-12k................

My husband's company sent him to Tokyo in 2017. He is 6'4" and had a beautiful and roomy private cubical for his 13/14 hour flight in Business Class.  Cost $22,000.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh I do agree!  Social media does sell and eliminates expensive advertising campaigns!

She does look a bit thinner!

Looks the same to me. She is, however, wearing a dress that fits her nicely. 

• Love 11

I've flown first class 3X in my life, but I didn't pay for it; I was upgraded from Economy after I had been bumped or rerouted by the airline.  Once I was bumped forward since the plane had been overbooked in Economy but had extra seats in 1st Class - that may be how Janelle got there.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Could have been my mothers age.  She was in her late 70's at the time.  Janelle is much younger.

• Love 5
On 4/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, ginger90 said:

7D3D2C4E-874E-47DC-AE7B-45AA19908287.jpeg

I’ve flown first class a few times over the years for various reasons and that’s one of the worst first class cubby holes I’ve ever seen, her video screen isn’t even pointing towards her, it’s sideways… she obviously doesn’t know what proper first class looks like or she wouldn’t be bragging it up 

I wouldn’t call that “First Class in Style”  🥴

• Love 10

I did some sleuthing out of boredom and because I can’t sleep. This seems to be an American Airlines first class cubicle.  Also AA’s flight attendants wear different ties to show where they work/what tasks they have. Men wear red ties and a white shirt and a blue waist coat in first class. (The attendant on tv)

The position of the tv seems odd, but the cubicles are curved too. I can’t rule out a funny camera angle when she took the shot which doesn’t help. Also, her body size may be a thing. Those cubicles, though first class, are still tiny and I expect she still had to force herself in giving her little room to turn slightly to get a better tv angle. (Sorry don’t mean to be cruel but sadly, flying and morbidly obese don’t go well together…)

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

The position of the tv seems odd, but the cubicles are curved too.

The Economy TVs on seatbacks tilt up and down, so side to side is probably possible on these 1st class TVs.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
(edited)

In 1994 or 95 late DH and I were in Lisbon and they were relaying/replacing all those cobblestone streets. We snagged one stone and set it in the patio in our yard. Moved away from  there in 2004 but pretty sure the stone is still there.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 19
On 4/26/2022 at 9:21 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Folks, I'm genuinely gobsmacked at this.  😕  Times are hard, and the world's facing an upcoming food shortage like we've not recently seen and yet there are morons still buying this?  We're facing 1980s inflation and they're buying this garbage!

Janelle's a top seller but look at her! Not fat-shaming but really, has she lost AN OUNCE since she began selling this junk?  Not what I'd call a sterling endorsement for their products.  She does however, have beautiful skin but Janelle always had great skin and so I don't think Plexus had anything to do with that. 🙄

Do they REALLY, as D-LIST celebs, have this kind of pull?  People are dumber than I give them credit, then.  I need to get in on this, and stop truckin, putting up with the fools on the road.   Forget 401K, real estate, and stocks, sell a crappy pink drink, instead.  Go on Disney vacation, overseas trips, and not have to put up with coworkers getting up in my grill.  🤫

Rant over.

Good point re: food shortages. I reckon not having food is a more effective weight loss method than Plexus. Smh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's laughable that Janelle thinks she is any example of health to follow.  Her sycophantic buyers must be as delusional as she herself is.  

Her fans are probably her size… 

• LOL 12

Most of the transatlantic/pacific routes on domestic carriers pretty much did away with 1st class because nobody was paying that type of price, plus to make room for more business class seats and premium economy. I have had the pleasure of doing the walk of shame through business class back to the economy seats a few times sadly, and that looks nothing like a business class "pod" I have ever seen. That tiny pitchur looks to be from a plane that is pretty darn old if she is calling that luxury. 

• Love 10

We just rode British Airways across the pond and the first class cubicles looked a lot like Janelle's pic! It looked like cramped little office cubbies. (of course, we were back in the "cheap" seats so I don't know how comfortable the pods are 😆) On the way home we rode AA and their first class was a little bit less nice than the BA ones.

It was funny to see at the end of the trips that our sections were very clean, but the first class sections looked like a tornado hit. Trash everywhere, drawers open, blankets and headphones thrown all over (even in the aisles). Everyone was commenting on and marveling at the mess.

I also realized that DFW is a circle of hell.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 5/7/2022 at 5:54 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I also realized that DFW is a circle of hell.

Isn't it though? I had a flight delay for 5 hours at DFW a few weeks ago and it was not a pleasant experience. 

On 5/7/2022 at 2:54 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

It was funny to see at the end of the trips that our sections were very clean, but the first class sections looked like a tornado hit. Trash everywhere, drawers open, blankets and headphones thrown all over (even in the aisles). Everyone was commenting on and marveling at the mess.

Maybe because the people who can afford this, assume they’re above everyone else. Those people don’t have to pick up their trash. Others will do it for them, including wiping their butts!

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Maybe because the people who can afford this, assume they’re above everyone else. Those people don’t have to pick up their trash. Others will do it for them, including wiping their butts!

There’s more of a mess to make in first because there’s more stuff (maybe?).

I often travel in first due to spinal issues (I need the room and options to relax) and anxiety (it’s generally quieter and calmer in first and the chances of having a talkative random weirdo as a neighbour are much less).  I’m not sloppy or messy, but I won’t go out of my way to fold blankets that are going to be laundered anyways. Not sure about the trash, they always come around to pick it up before final. Most first passengers I’ve traveled with have been quiet and orderly, not aggressively sloppy (which is why it’s pleasant). 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

There’s more of a mess to make in first because there’s more stuff (maybe?).

I often travel in first due to spinal issues (I need the room and options to relax) and anxiety (it’s generally quieter and calmer in first and the chances of having a talkative random weirdo as a neighbour are much less).  I’m not sloppy or messy, but I won’t go out of my way to fold blankets that are going to be laundered anyways. Not sure about the trash, they always come around to pick it up before final. Most first passengers I’ve traveled with have been quiet and orderly, not aggressively sloppy (which is why it’s pleasant). 

Those blankets are not always laundered.  Once I was on a flight and was almost at the end of the plane to get off.  I saw the attendants folding them and putting them in the over head bins.  I always bring a jacket to cover with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I’ve heard this too but have to admit that I haven’t come across it yet. The ones I had, were always in a plastic sealed wrap and so well pressed and folded (very obviously unused) that it always makes me jealous. I can’t even make a folded towel look that neat, let alone a blanket!

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 3

Has Janelle posted anything since her return from Portugal or is she still in flux with the time change, dietary changes, how it takes her a few weeks after traveling to come to terms with it all? Certainly no complaints about gut issues drinking that miracle poison in plastic right?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Has Janelle posted anything since her return from Portugal or is she still in flux with the time change, dietary changes, how it takes her a few weeks after traveling to come to terms with it all? Certainly no complaints about gut issues drinking that miracle poison in plastic right?

Since returning, she has posted about Plexus, the same exact words Christine and Maddie used in posts of theirs. She also posted about her dog.  That’s it.

78D9CC65-5ED8-4522-9C65-8B15946A4077.jpeg

A53A81F7-C7A1-4F0F-882E-12B3B809F172.jpeg

May is YOUR month! You can get 4...YES, FOUR products this month for $99* PLUS a FREE water bottle AND a gift from one of us (@christine_brownsw , @madison_rose11, @mykeltip or myself)! What an amazing month to try! Two possible outcomes…. 

1. You get healthy 
2. You get your money back 

My bet it is on #1 💯

Message me for more information OR comment below! 

*USA pricing shown. Discounts available in Canada, Australia & New Zealand.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Since returning, she has posted about Plexus, the same exact words Christine and Maddie used in posts of theirs. She also posted about her dog.  That’s it.

May is YOUR month! You can get 4...YES, FOUR products this month for $99* PLUS a FREE water bottle AND a gift from one of us (@christine_brownsw , @madison_rose11, @mykeltip or myself)! What an amazing month to try! Two possible outcomes…. 

1. You get healthy 

My bet it is on #1 💯

So even if it can't be sold in a country, a US seller can ship it there?  Or am I misremembering something?

I don't know how big the sizes are, but $99 seems like a lot.  I'm certainly not about to message Janelle (or any other MLM shyster.)  

These Z-list celebs seem to not bat an eye about using their"status" to further line their pockets.  Ugh!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

That's it girls, copy and paste the company line. By no means should you stray from their canned propaganda.

It’s pretty ridiculous with Christine, Janelle and Maddie all doing it. They have two Instagram accounts to shill it on that they all post on. Then they have what used to be their personal accounts. Christine shills it on her LuLaNo Facebook page, and Janelle on her Strive Facebook. I’m sure I’m forgetting some. Mykelti isn’t very active in it.

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm certainly not about to message Janelle (or any other MLM shyster.)  

No need to bother anyway. There are many comments on various social media they use,  about them not responding to people’s messages. 

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

In all seriousness $99 a month I can go to a gym ! 

And that is when the Browns step in with their snake-oil. They don't want to go to a gym, they don't want to put any effort in losing weight. Why exercise and watch the calories when all you have to do to lose weight is to take a sip of the pink drink? Yes, it can be that easy, people! I can't believe there are still so many people who believe this nonsense...

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1. You get healthy 

My bet it is on #1 💯

Someone seriously needs to ask Janelle: “If this is supposed to work, why are you still obese?” 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Someone seriously needs to ask Janelle: “If this is supposed to work, why are you still obese?” 

She would just delete the comment and block them.

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

There is probably a stock answer provided by Plexus for questions such as this.  It may go along the lines of ... losing pounds and inches is not the primary goal, you will feel so energized that the pounds will eventually drop away and you will have lovely clear skin in the meantime.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

In April of this year, Janelle did a video where she stated she’s always been about taking care of her body. In the same video she stated she had been using Plexus for a year. Being curious, I went back on her Instagram. In November of 2021, she stated she had been using it for a year. 👀🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

WTF?? Janelle can’t tell the difference between French and Portuguese? 🥴

2C46AA89-6873-46A5-9E37-C985E37A3238.jpeg

04B0BE2D-3D93-47AE-AC01-EE7C33F9FDB9.jpeg

I’m genuinely shocked. To me, identifying French is simple — so simple I thought it was common knowledge one could say “oh this is in French”.

Janelle isn’t the brightest bulb, is she? And maybe this time it’s not her fault. Maybe wherever she went to school didn’t have any foreign languages. The kind of school that only serves potatoes and canned cabbage for lunch. 

I’m still just stunned she can’t even ID the language. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle isn’t the brightest bulb, is she? And maybe this time it’s not her fault. Maybe wherever she went to school didn’t have any foreign languages

Not sure about now.  But when I was in school you didn't have to take a foreign language.  We had Spanish and French.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure about now.  But when I was in school you didn't have to take a foreign language.  We had Spanish and French.  

It was elective for us (70s).

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Probably a lot depends on where and when you attended school and what course of study you were enrolled in.  Waaaay back when I was in high school (early 1950s) if you were on the University Entrance program foreign languages were mandatory.  We were offered French, Spanish, German and Latin.  As I recall, the other courses of study were General and Commercial and languages were optional there.  I took Spanish and Latin.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7