Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Maybe she works from home sometimes? I understand the sentence, but it was constructed poorly.  I think she was trying to convey this: She skips her morning workout, doesn't change out of her pajamas and starts checking work emails or makes phone calls. Then by 1000 she feels crappy because she skipped her workout. 

You are a better wordsmith interpreter than I.  I have read that sentence several times what I came up with is: when she misses her morning workout, she goes into work wearing her pajamas and finds herself in some sort of "state" by 10am. 

Now, I haven't read the entire blog to find out what kind of state she is in by 10am, but given the sentence, my guess would be "embarrassed" because she wore her pajamas to work.

Perhaps I should read the blog...but I don't really want to.

EDIT: read it anyway.  There's absolutely nothing new here, and I find it funny that no one has commented.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I studied and translated Akkadian in college. I'm used to figuring out whacky sentence structure :).

You are needed to interpret Farrah Abraham's (Teen Mom) word salads that she posts :) 

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Hmmm, there is a inkling that the "24 years strong" could possibly be a dig at Meri's marriage that is anything but!?

Forgive me, but I'm actually transfixed and disgusted by Janelle's swollen gums and poor teeth. 

Either she had something stuck between them, or the enamel is rotting away. 

Floss!!! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Hmmm, there is a inkling that the "24 years strong" could possibly be a dig at Meri's marriage that is anything but!?

Personally, I think everything they post is a subtle dig at another wife.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

Happy  24th Anniversary Sweetheart!

* 21 years "strong" plus those 3 years when  I moved out & away from you horrible horrible miserable people. 

Hahahaha. You read my mind. That is almost exactly what I was going to say upon reading the tweet. 

Someone should do the math on how many years Kody has ACTUALLY spent with her - given those 3 years away, plus all the nights at other homes. Then correct her. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Forgive me, but I'm actually transfixed and disgusted by Janelle's swollen gums and poor teeth. 

Either she had something stuck between them, or the enamel is rotting away. 

Floss!!! 

That's some pretty impressive tarter buildup and some receding gums. I think she needs instructions on how to use a toothbrush before she steps up to the complexities of floss. I've seen some truly awful teeth at my father's dental office, but those are in desperate need of a good cleaning. Her upper gums give me the impression of a poorly made denture though. Until I saw the gunk between her teeth, I was certain I was looking at cheaply made dentures.

Edited by MegD
I hit enter too soon.
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Speaking of teeth, have we seen any of the Brown kids in braces?  I can't recall any wearing them, unlike the Duggars who have put some orthodontist's kid through college with all the braces.

I think I saw one of Christines younger daughters with braces in a recent episode, but I can't remember which one.

On 1/18/2017 at 7:45 PM, MegD said:

That's some pretty impressive tarter buildup and some receding gums. I think she needs instructions on how to use a toothbrush before she steps up to the complexities of floss. I've seen some truly awful teeth at my father's dental office, but those are in desperate need of a good cleaning. Her upper gums give me the impression of a poorly made denture though. Until I saw the gunk between her teeth, I was certain I was looking at cheaply made dentures.

Look at Christine when she smiles.  She is def missing molars. 

15 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Speaking of teeth, have we seen any of the Brown kids in braces?  I can't recall any wearing them, unlike the Duggars who have put some orthodontist's kid through college with all the braces.

I think Maddie had braces 

2 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

OMG. Nicole and I??????   DUDE. (bangs head on desk)

What do you expect from someone initially home schooled by the Toaster Phobic and who then dropped out of college?

• Love 2
Just now, Kohola3 said:

What do you expect from someone initially home schooled by the Toaster Phobic and who then dropped out of college?

I don't know, to me it's so obviously wrong. Who would say that? "Come do yoga with Nicole and I." No one! Makes me stabby. ;)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

An appearance by Janelle (the picture of her looks odd to me)

https://www.strivewithjanelle.com/upcoming-events/divas-day-out-in-las-vegas/

Janelle has very wide set eyes, so straight on photos tend to accentuate that.

So....it is a large event for Las Vegas women?  Or is it an event for the largest women in Las Vegas... It might be morning brain, but I read that script really weird. Just me?

So, is she now finally selling something?  That had an actual price tag with "blog access" and a "private facebook community".  Ooooo

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle has very wide set eyes, so straight on photos tend to accentuate that.

So....it is a large event for Las Vegas women?  Or is it an event for the largest women in Las Vegas... It might be morning brain, but I read that script really weird. Just me?

So, is she now finally selling something?  That had an actual price tag with "blog access" and a "private facebook community".  Ooooo

This is a pretty big event at World Market Center and Janelle is just one of many vendors. I was thinking of going, but I don't do crowds very well. We'll see, maybe if I run 6 miles before I go the anxiety will be kept at bay. 

Even though I'm outdoorsy, I have a diva side and have around 20 sequin dresses and 10 pairs of 6 inch heels ;). 

http://divasdayoutlasvegas.com

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

What is she striving to do?  Be unsuccessful?

Make a big ole' pot of money.  She wants to do it by selling you something you can get for free on about a million different websites.

This is from the brain trust that brought you mswc. Overpriced and fugly joorey that they can't give away.  I know this wasn't Janelle's baby, but she isn't doing this STRIVE thing alone.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, toodles said:

Make a big ole' pot of money.  She wants to do it by selling you something you can get for free on about a million different websites.

This is from the brain trust that brought you mswc. Overpriced and fugly joorey that they can't give away.  I know this wasn't Janelle's baby, but she isn't doing this STRIVE thing alone.

This. I applaud her goal of becoming healthy, but how can she expect to get people to buy it when this kind of stuff is all over for free? Her trainers are wicked expensive. And it's an even harder sell because she hasn't even reached her goal yet. 

That's like someone trying to sell recipes who hasn't mastered cookery.

• Love 2

I've lost 6 pounds this month by following a couple of books on loan from the public library.   I surely am not tempted in the tiniest way to pay for a website and a Facebook page from someone who is easily twice my size.  She needs some success on her own and something really marketable to sell. 

• Love 6

It looks like Diva's Day Out is an event where women promote their businesses - basically a big trade show.  I wonder if MLM type operations are not welcome.  From the two seconds I spent on their website, it doesn't seem like it's the kind of thing meant to showcase a bunch of ladies selling Lularoe and Mary Kay. 

Too bad it seems Meri didn't feel the need to show up just to support Janelle.   Maybe she got another $5,000 shipment of ugly cardigans and needs to spend the day slogging through it picking out the best pieces for herself or something.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It looks like Diva's Day Out is an event where women promote their businesses - basically a big trade show.  I wonder if MLM type operations are not welcome.  From the two seconds I spent on their website, it doesn't seem like it's the kind of thing meant to showcase a bunch of ladies selling Lularoe and Mary Kay. 

Too bad it seems Meri didn't feel the need to show up just to support Janelle.   Maybe she got another $5,000 shipment of ugly cardigans and needs to spend the day slogging through it picking out the best pieces for herself or something.

Meri took the weekend off from selling LLR, purportedly to clean the house. At least the parts of the house not taken over by clothing racks. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I get that Meri may not be able to make it to Janelle's event, but Meri can't even take a few seconds to send some tweets of encouragement? Or promote? Speaks volumes. At 11.

Goes both ways though. Neither promotes the other. They've been enemies for 20+ years now.  Janelle's bullshit fitness program and Meri's fugly leggings can't erase the twenty years of resource wars between the two women. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Goes both ways though. Neither promotes the other. They've been enemies for 20+ years now.  Janelle's bullshit fitness program and Meri's fugly leggings can't erase the twenty years of resource wars between the two women. 

Actually, goes all ways. None of them promoted the sisterwives closet crap, and showed up to that vender thing they had for it so reluctantly. Janelle dragged her feet on it from the beginning. Remember her eye-rolling when Robyn said she wanted Janelle more involved in the plus-sized products Robyn wanted to start selling? Lol! None of them even ever wore that ugly jewelry (I can understand them not wanting to, that crap is SO UGLY) and they had a great platform to showcase it in the hour-long show. Until this moment for Janelle, with Meri notably absent, I don't recall any of them promoting any of each others' stupid ideas....

and I'm so sick of all their lip-service of trying to work on this relationship. It would have cost either of them NOTHING to send out a quick, nice supportive tweet about each others' business ventures. And would have made the other happy, and possibly melted a bit of the animosity that festers there, or worked towards that at least...they are both such mean and petty and grudge-holding women. They don't see themselves but find plenty of fault with the other. I don't want to hear about them "working on a realationship". They're both full of shit.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri took the weekend off from selling LLR, purportedly to clean the house. At least the parts of the house not taken over by clothing racks. 

I could see Caleb crying to Maddie...

"There's LLR in the bathtub & it's time I take my monthly bath"

Or I could picture  him making moonshine.

& dang the Maddie defenders of "all good" won't like this but...in that picture looks like Maddie missed her monthly bath. ?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Oh my holy hell.  How in the world could you even find anything to fix for dinner in that disorganized mess.  I'm sorry, but that's just crazy.  At the very least put all your canned goods together so you know what you have.  Cray,cray.

I love a good game & was set to suggest something like Name that Tune...where people claim they could make a dish...with 7 cans jars  and/or bags (of nonsense).

It would be difficult to build a   dish with the strange odd & ends in that mess.

It would be more like Chopped...when you open a basket & get matzo meal Peeps canned clams  pea soup & a box of grape jell-o.

I guess I could start by claiming the pimento cheese as my first distasterous SW ingredient. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle striving to clean out her pantry

http://twaz.org/media/1419650731128361807_28976833

10 hours ago, toodles said:

Oh my holy hell.  How in the world could you even find anything to fix for dinner in that disorganized mess.  I'm sorry, but that's just crazy.  At the very least put all your canned goods together so you know what you have.  Cray,cray.

I have anxiety from just looking at that pic.   How the hell does she even know what she has??   It appears she just shoves all grocery purchases on the shelves in her pantry upon returning from the store.   I can only imagine all of the expired shit in the back.....  Janelle - you have NO job.  You should be able to spend 5 minutes putting away your groceries in an organized fashion.

7 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

I love a good game & was set to suggest something like Name that Tune...where people claim they could make a dish...with 7 cans jars  and/or bags (of nonsense).

It would be difficult to build a   dish with the strange odd & ends in that mess.

It would be more like Chopped...when you open a basket & get matzo meal Peeps canned clams  pea soup & a box of grape jell-o.

I guess I could start by claiming the pimento cheese as my first distasterous SW ingredient. 

I was going to suggest she watch Pioneer Woman as she has a "recipe" for 7 can soup where she literally opens 7 cans of crap into a pot and calls it soup.

Kohola3 beat me to it!   Great (traumatized) minds   :=)

• Love 4